PDA

View Full Version : harbaugh

titan
12-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Saw this on twitter just now:

evansilva 1:44pm
Former Oregon coach/current ESPN analyst Mike Bellotti just predicted that Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh is going to the NFL.

====

Wouldn't mind seeing Harbaugh as the next Bronco coach. Harbaugh had Elway talk to his team before the Stanford/Cal game so you know he has ties to John. Hiring a college coach would be a bit of a risk but with Harbaugh's nfl qb experience he's not the average college coach.

Aftermath
12-28-2010, 02:14 PM
been in my avatar forever.... hes the best candidate IMO

go_broncos
12-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Bowlen..Make it happen

HILife
12-28-2010, 02:17 PM
"predicts" not a fact.

Mile High Shack
12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I predict I'm going to win a million dollars....

so this means it will happen...right?

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I predict Harbaugh and Luck both go to the Panthers. ;D

peacepipe
12-28-2010, 02:28 PM
I predict Harbaugh and Luck both go to the Panthers. ;D It's more likely that Cohwer goes to Carolina.

worm
12-28-2010, 02:33 PM
With the SF coaching spot open, if he wants to make the jump to the NFL...he could do it there with minimal impact to his family.

- Stay at Stanford for huge $$$
- Coach in SF

I can't see how we would be any higher than 3rd at best on his wish list of available jobs.

Man-Goblin
12-28-2010, 02:44 PM
With the SF coaching spot open, if he wants to make the jump to the NFL...he could do it there with minimal impact to his family.

- Stay at Stanford for huge $$$
- Coach in SF

I can't see how we would be any higher than 3rd at best on his wish list of available jobs.

SF is the worst QB situation in the NFL except Carolina if Luck doesn't come out.

tsiguy96
12-28-2010, 02:51 PM
SI_JimTrotter

some knowledgeable people in the league believe that the 49ers will ultimately wind up with baalke as gm and harbaugh as coach. #nfl

fyi

Kaylore
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM
fyi

What?!?!! You mean the rumors of Ted Sundquist being hired aren't true?!?! Shocking!!!!!

bendog
12-28-2010, 03:05 PM
titan:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219909

Greatspirits
12-28-2010, 03:07 PM
If he jumps it will be with the 49ers!

titan
12-28-2010, 03:13 PM
titan:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219909

Thanks for the link bendog - didn't know my Jets/Broncos 1969 memories were posted on a Jets board.

I've got some other "old timer" posts I'm going to do in the offseason remembering the old days of Bronco football.

TheReverend
12-28-2010, 03:19 PM
What?!?!! You mean the rumors of Ted Sundquist being hired aren't true?!?! Shocking!!!!!

That said 49ers?

Hamrob
12-28-2010, 03:22 PM
The NFL Channel likes Elway/Xanders/Kubiak as the makeup in Denver. They mentioned that if Harbaugh goes to the NFL it could be the 49ers...but, the speculate that he could stay at Stanford or if oppurtunity arises...go to Michigan...where he went to school and played college ball.

lostknight
12-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure why people think Harbaugh is the right man for the job here. So convince me. What's his NFL experience? What's his college experience. College coaches make notoriously poor NFL coaches.

Homer Simpson
12-28-2010, 03:26 PM
I was hoping for Harbaugh but it looks like he's SF bound if he goes to the NFL. Holding out for Rivera now. Please no to Kubiak! Unless it's OC under a defensive HC

Ratboy
12-28-2010, 03:36 PM
I would love him in Denver.

oubronco
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Bring luck with him

Homer Simpson
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
The NFL Channel likes Elway/Xanders/Kubiak as the makeup in Denver. They mentioned that if Harbaugh goes to the NFL it could be the 49ers...but, the speculate that he could stay at Stanford or if oppurtunity arises...go to Michigan...where he went to school and played college ball.

If that is the trio running this team I will support it, but one of them better have the intelligence to hire an experienced DC.

Homer Simpson
12-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Bring luck with him

People need to accept that if Luck comes out he is going to the Panthers.

peacepipe
12-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Bring luck with him

The odds of Denver drafting luck would skyrocket if harbough were to become our next HC.

Mile High Shack
12-28-2010, 03:45 PM
The odds of Denver drafting luck would skyrocket if harbough were to become our next HC.

considering we don't have the #1 pick and wouldn't trade up for it, I'd say our chances are about Blutarsky's GPA in getting Luck or wanting to get Luck, even if we did get Harbaugh.

crush17
12-28-2010, 03:49 PM
So ridiculous that anyone STILL thinks we can/will try to draft Andrew Luck.

ITS NOT HAPPENING.

peacepipe
12-28-2010, 03:50 PM
considering we don't have the #1 pick and wouldn't trade up for it, I'd say our chances are about Blutarsky's GPA in getting Luck or wanting to get Luck, even if we did get Harbaugh.
Everything being posted is all speculation including your post. with that said odds are if denver were to get harbaugh that they would make amove to try & get Luck.

Homer Simpson
12-28-2010, 03:54 PM
Everything being posted is all speculation including your post. with that said odds are if denver were to get harbaugh that they would make amove to try & get Luck.

If this organization is dumb enough to give up it's 2nd round picks to get to number 1 and not try and fix this D we deserve everything that we will suffer through over the next few years.

We have most of the pieces set on O, we MUST fix the D.

Bronco Boy
12-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Kind of funny that everyone's saying Luck will go #1 for sure. A lot of things can happen between now and the draft. Ask Willis McGahee.

NFLBRONCO
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
No fear

HC: Kubes
OC: Dennison
DC: Greg Robinson

If this doesn't excite you nothing will LOL

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm not sure why people think Harbaugh is the right man for the job here. So convince me. What's his NFL experience? What's his college experience. College coaches make notoriously poor NFL coaches.
He turned two different college programs into winners, has played and coached in the NFL, has developed the best college QB prospect to come out in a long time.

His brother came from the college ranks and is hardly a poor NFL coach.

snowspot66
12-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Kind of funny that everyone's saying Luck will go #1 for sure. A lot of things can happen between now and the draft. Ask Willis McGahee.

Quarterback premium will likely keep him at #1 unless one of his legs falls off.

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
No fear

That excites my gag reflex.

elsid13
12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
He turned two different college programs into winners, has played and coached in the NFL, has developed the best college QB prospect to come out in a long time.

His brother came from the college ranks and is hardly a poor NFL coach.

His brother was the ST Coach in Philly before it got the HC job in Baltimore

peacepipe
12-28-2010, 04:03 PM
If this organization is dumb enough to give up it's 2nd round picks to get to number 1 and not try and fix this D we deserve everything that we will suffer through over the next few years.

We have most of the pieces set on O, we MUST fix the D.They wouldn't need to give up both,just one assuming they don't use Tebow as part of the trade in which case they wouldn't need to use any picks.

Broncos4tw
12-28-2010, 04:06 PM
We cannot get Luck. We even sucked at sucking, that's how bad we were this year.

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 04:16 PM
His brother was the ST Coach in Philly before it got the HC job in Baltimore

What's your point?

Cmac821
12-28-2010, 04:26 PM
I like the idea of having Harbaugh but if it means doing everything possible just to get Luck then that would suck and be the worse decision ever.

Make it part of the contract that he is not allowed to draft Luck

elsid13
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
What's your point?

that he didn't just jump from the college ranks like you implied.

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
that he didn't just jump from the college ranks like you implied.

I didn't imply anything. I said "His brother came from the college ranks and is hardly a poor NFL coach."

Likwid Kerruj
12-28-2010, 04:49 PM
I'd take Luck in a second, but I'm not big on Harbaugh.

listopencil
12-28-2010, 05:04 PM
No fear

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 07:11 PM
They wouldn't need to give up both,just one assuming they don't use Tebow as part of the trade in which case they wouldn't need to use any picks.

Try again. Go back and look at what teams have had to give up to move up 3 or so spots at the very top of the draft (reference Ricky Williams, Eli Manning, Michael Vick) and get back to us.

Also keep in mind that this coming draft will be the first one in a long while where the #1 overall pick will have a cap on his salary and will not become one of the 10 highest paid players in the NFL by default. Also keep in mind that Luck is considered the best QB prospect to come out since at least Peyton Manning.

Tombstone RJ
12-28-2010, 07:29 PM
Try again. Go back and look at what teams have had to give up to move up 3 or so spots at the very top of the draft (reference Ricky Williams, Eli Manning, Michael Vick) and get back to us.

Also keep in mind that this coming draft will be the first one in a long while where the #1 overall pick will have a cap on his salary and will not become the highest paid player in the NFL by default. Also keep in mind that Luck is considered the best QB prospect to come out since at least Peyton Manning.

Sam Bradford disagrees.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Sam Bradford disagrees.

It doesn't matter how well he's done, Bradford wasn't half the prospect that Manning was. Even more so due to his injuries last year. He was hardly considered a sure thing when he was a college prospect coming into the NFL. That means how well it was thought that he would adjust to the NFL game and hold up to the additional punishment. Bradford had an injury history and came from a spread offense that rarely saw him take snaps from under center or make his own reads/audibles.

Last year it was highly questionable whether Bradford was worth taking over Suh. Andrew Luck is the best QB PROSPECT since Peyton Manning and is guaranteed to be taken #1 overall if he comes out.

oubronco
12-28-2010, 08:28 PM
It doesn't matter how well he's done, Bradford wasn't half the prospect that Manning was. Even more so due to his injuries last year. He was hardly considered a sure thing when he was a college prospect coming into the NFL. That means how well it was thought that he would adjust to the NFL game and hold up to the additional punishment. Bradford had an injury history and came from a spread offense that rarely saw him take snaps from under center or make his own reads/audibles.

Last year it was highly questionable whether Bradford was worth taking over Suh. Andrew Luck is the best QB PROSPECT since Peyton Manning and is guaranteed to be taken #1 overall if he comes out.

Wrong

Tombstone RJ
12-28-2010, 08:29 PM

nope

tsiguy96
12-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Wrong

yea, basically wrong. he was looked at as a cant miss prospect, and adam schefter was calling in february that he would be the pick.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Feel free to pretend that Bradford was considered a can't miss prospect, but he simply wasn't. Nobody was sure that he could hold up to the physical nature of the NFL after getting injured twice in 3 games and requiring surgery on his throwing shoulder before coming out. He also rarely had to take snaps from under center in college, a concern for all spread QBs coming out of college. Just because the Rams wanted him doesn't mean that he was the consensus #1 prospect coming out last year.

Ask anyone that follows the draft closely who was considered a better QB prospect between Bradford and Luck and 90+% of them will say Luck. Just because Bradford had better stats doesn't make him a better prospect.

It's cute that an OU fan thinks differently though.

peacepipe
12-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Also keep in mind that this coming draft will be the first one in a long while where the #1 overall pick will have a cap on his salary and will not become one of the 10 highest paid players in the NFL by default. Also keep in mind that Luck is considered the best QB prospect to come out since at least Peyton Manning.

But we would only be moving one spot. If you base it on the points alotted each draft position you just need a first and low second round pick in order to trade up

Tombstone RJ
12-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Feel free to pretend that Bradford was considered a can't miss prospect, but he simply wasn't. Nobody was sure that he could hold up to the physical nature of the NFL or take snaps from under center. Just because the Rams wanted him doesn't mean that he was the consensus #1 prospect coming out lats year.

Ask anyone that follows the draft closely who was considered a better QB prospect between Bradford and Luck and 90+% of them will say Luck.

It's cute that an OU fan thinks differently though.

that's not what I remember and I am not an OU fan. Sam Bradford was as much of a can't miss NFL QB prospect as any in recent history. He was THE prototypical QB prospect with a very strong arm, very accurate, big, strong, mobil and smart. He had it all. His real concern was his shoulder due to some injuries in college. Other than that, he had it all.

Even Manning had questions coming out of Tennessee. He never won the big games and many people questioned him on his ability to win the big game. Many people actually thought that Leaf was the better prospect, with more upside than Manning.

I agree that Luck is the flavor of the month as far as QB prospects as of today, but to say he is a better NFL QB prospect than Bradford or even Leaf is overstating the situation.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 09:01 PM
But we would only be moving one spot. If you base it on the points alotted each draft position you just need a first and low second round pick in order to trade up

Yes, but Carolina probably wants Luck more than they want whoever they can get at #2 and an extra 2nd.

It's all a moot popint since Luck isn't coming out, but moving up that 1 spot will be harder to get Luck this year (if possible) than any other year in NFL history due to the guarantee of a rookie wage scale and the prospect that Andrew Luck is.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it will be that easy. I suppose Tebow and #2 for #1 might be enough, but I doubt that our 2nd will be enough by itself.

Pony Boy
12-28-2010, 09:03 PM

That has to go in my top 10 of worst posts I've read this year.....

If I was offered Sam Bradford or Andrew Luck tomorrow, I would take Bradford without hesitation.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 09:07 PM
that's not what I remember and I am not an OU fan. Sam Bradford was as much of a can't miss NFL QB prospect as any in recent history. He was THE prototypical QB prospect with a very strong arm, very accurate, big, strong, mobil and smart. He had it all. His real concern was his shoulder due to some injuries in college. Other than that, he had it all.

Even Manning had questions coming out of Tennessee. He never won the big games and many people questioned him on his ability to win the big game. Many people actually thought that Leaf was the better prospect, with more upside than Manning.

I agree that Luck is the flavor of the month as far as QB prospects as of today, but to say he is a better NFL QB prospect than Bradford or even Leaf is overstating the situation.

You just made my point. Luck is everything that you described Bradford as being, but without any injury concerns AND he has played in a pro-style offense in college instead of the gimmick offense that Stoops runs at OU (I wasn't referring to you as the OU fan, by the way). He also isn't surrounded by nearly the same amount of talent that Bradford was.

A major injury to a person's throwing shoulder, requiring surgery, is more than enough to decrease his value as a prospect to the point that it's pretty much impossible for him to be as good a prospect as Luck. Add in the concern about the system that he ran in college and there is absolutely no question.

I'm in no way shape or form saying that Luck will be a better NFL player than Bradford after the year he's had, but coming out of college, Luck is the more sought after prospect.

I would even say that the effect that Bradford has had on the Rams this year probably increases Luck's value to teams looking for a QB.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 09:08 PM
That has to go in my top 10 of worst posts I've read this year.....

If I was offered Sam Bradford or Andrew Luck tomorrow, I would take Bradford without hesitation.

You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word prospect then. It doesn't take into account what Bradford has done this year.

If you would rather take a guy that hadn't played football in 6 months because he had to have surgery on his throwing shoulder over Andrew Luck after this year then you have some issues or are an OU homer.

Mr
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Harbaugh is for the 49ers and Luck is for the superstitious.
(And Kubes is a fair/good OC at best)

Tombstone RJ
12-28-2010, 09:11 PM
You just made my point. Luck is everything that you described Bradford as being, but without any injury concerns AND he has played in a pro-style offense in college instead of the gimmick offense that Stoops runs at OU (I wasn't referring to you as the OU fan, by the way). He also isn't surrounded by nearly the same amount of talent that Bradford was.

A major injury to a person's throwing shoulder, requiring surgery, is more than enough to decrease his value as a prospect to the point that it's pretty much impossible for him to be as good a prospect as Luck. Add in the concern about the system that he ran in college and there is absolutely no question.

I'm in no way shape or form saying that Luck will be a better NFL player than Bradford after the year he's had, but coming out of college, Luck is the more sought after prospect.

I'll rain on your parade right now: the Pac 10 sucks. The competition is weak compared to the Big 12 and the SEC. Mallet is a better prospect due to the competition he's played against.

There, that took me all of two seconds...

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I'll rain on your parade right now: the Pac 10 sucks. The competition is weak compared to the Big 12 and the SEC. Mallet is a better prospect due to the competition he's played against.

There, that took me all of two seconds...

You may be right, but NFL talent evaluators absolutely don't agree with you. It will become readily apparent once Luck gets drafted #1 overall and it is known that he will be the pick the day that he declares (unless Carolina wants to trade out of the spot) and Mallet falls to after #5.

It's not like the Big 12 defenses that Bradford played against were anything to write home about either.

Pony Boy
12-28-2010, 09:29 PM
You obviously don't understand the meaning of the word prospect then. It doesn't take into account what Bradford has done this year.

If you would rather take a guy that hadn't played football in 6 months because he had to have surgery on his throwing shoulder over Andrew Luck after this year then you have some issues or are an OU homer.

Yes, I understand the word prospect and Bradford was one of the best prospects to come out of college in years. The only question was his surgically repaired shoulder and that question was answered at his pro day. Bradford was taken over Ndamukong Suh and signed the highest rookie contract in NFL history, what does that tell you.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes, I understand the word prospect and Bradford was one of the best prospects to come out of college in years. The only question was his surgically repaired shoulder and that question was answered at his pro day. Bradford was taken over Ndamukong Suh and signed the highest rookie contract in NFL history, what does that tell you.

That the rams needed a QB (Bradford was by far the best QB prospect in an incredibly weak QB class last year) more than another 1st round defensive lineman (having used 1st round picks on the DL 2 of the previous 3 years) and that Bradford was the last person to benefit from a system that made the #1 overall pick the highest paid rookie in NFL history EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Did you really think his contract proved anything? Seriously?

A surgically repaired throwing shoulder is a HUGE question mark and throwing a few passes in shorts does nothing to prove that he doesn't still have durability issues.

The rams took a risk and it paid off (assuming that he continues to make it through each season uninjured), but Bradford was not as good a prospect as Luck. I really can't believe that people are arguing with me on this.

Hamrob
12-28-2010, 09:51 PM

There, that took me all of two seconds...Ha Ha. Mallett is a statue in the pocket. Prospects look like this:

Luck
Newton
Locker
Mallett

~Crash~
12-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Ha Ha. Mallett is a statue in the pocket. Prospects look like this:

Luck
Blaine Gabbert
Newton
Locker
Mallett

there fixed it for you .

Pony Boy
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM

Luck
Newton
Locker
Mallett

Luck will go #1

I think Locker could be another Clausen, I'm just not sold on him.

Mallett at 6-6 can be a statue in the pocket and still be very effective but he does make his best throws on a roll out on the move. I agree he will go late first round probably to a quality team that needs a QB. I could see him in a Vikings uniform or at Miami throwing to Marshall.

Newton's the big question mark, he's like a super-sized Michael Vick or even a Vince Young with a brain. He could be the pick of the litter.

misturanderson
12-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Luck will go #1

I think Locker could be another Clausen, I'm just not sold on him.

Mallett at 6-6 can be a statue in the pocket and still be very effective but he does make his best throws on a roll out on the move. I agree he will go late first round probably to a quality team that needs a QB. I could see him in a Vikings uniform or at Miami throwing to Marshall.

Newton's the big question mark, he's like a super-sized Michael Vick or even a Vince Young with a brain. He could be the pick of the litter.

That's probably more credit than Newton deserves. He may be more emotionally stable than Young, but the guy is still practically retarded.

Vince Young's sub-normal intelligence isn't what's been holding him back from NFL success though, so Newton may be what Young could have been if he didn't go crazy every few months.

~Crash~
12-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Luck
Blaine Gabbert
Mallett
Newton
Locker

to really fix it for you I would go