PDA

View Full Version : Who Goes to the Big Show & Who Wins?

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 01:18 PM
All the teams are just about decided:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2d42c/article/playoff-picture-2010

So who do think goes to the SB? And who do you think wins it?

Sorry to say it, but I think it's another Pats' Lombardi. The NFC is harder to pick. I'm expecting another Cutler collapse in the big game, and after last night's game, either the Saints or Falcons have to be the team. In a final showdown, I would have to take the Saints just because of Brees.

The Pats are rolling, though. I don't see anybody stopping that machine.

Broncoman13
12-28-2010, 01:23 PM
I think the Pats and Chefs will face off for the AFC West. Chefs are going to finally get a playoff win or two... but they won't get past the Pats.

In the NFC I can see the Eagles going into Atlanta for the NFC Championship and winning. It would be interesting to see Vick back in Atlanta.

In the SB I think Vick will be too much for the Pats. Pats D isn't strong enough to contend with the Iggles offense.

keef
12-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Karmic justice..The Rams sneak in and upset the Pats.

DenverBroncosJM
12-28-2010, 01:24 PM
If the Eagles end up having to play Chicago I think Chicago beats them. Chicago's D is that good.

Likwid Kerruj
12-28-2010, 01:27 PM
Eagles over Colts

go_broncos
12-28-2010, 01:33 PM
Eagles will win SB

TonyR
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM
On paper it looks like Pats over Eagles. Chances are at least one of those teams won't make it, but that's the safe pick.

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 01:34 PM
The Pats have beaten the Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Bears and Packers, and they destroyed the Jets the last time they played. I don't see anybody stopping them.

I'll be very curious to see how Belichick makes out once Brady retires.

Likwid Kerruj
12-28-2010, 01:38 PM
The Ravens will be a tough out for the Pats should they meet.

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 01:39 PM
On paper it looks like Pats over Eagles. Chances are at least one of those teams won't make it, but that's the safe pick.

I don't believe the Eagles can get past the Packers or Saints.

frerottenextelway
12-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Bears or Eagles vs Pats

Cool Breeze
12-28-2010, 01:41 PM
The last time the Pats were invincible - they lost the big one.
I kind of like Vick & the Eagles.

ColoradoDarin
12-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Pats over whoever. They are dominating like they did in 2007 without the whole undefeated thing hanging over them.

rbackfactory80
12-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Jets V Eagles

Jets Win

TonyR
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't believe the Eagles can get past the Packers or Saints.

I think the Saints are the only team that could beat the Eagles in the NFC. But if the Eagles have home field throughout I wouldn't pick against them.

worm
12-28-2010, 01:50 PM

I know you are a Philly homer but this statement is suspect.

The Falcons will most likely have HFA in the NFC. Matty Ice is 19-2 at home. Bookies have the Falcons as the slight favorite to win the NFC at 2-1. The Eagles are 9-4.

On 'paper' the advantage goes to the Southern Birds (provided they win next week).

That being said....I think that the Eagles can go into Atlanta and win. Hard to bet against vick right now.

My homer pick...I think the Saints can go back to the SB this year. They will have a easy WC game against the Rams (almost as good as a bye), they have the heart of a Champion and can play big on the road.

Williams
12-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Pats v Saints and I'll take NE.

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I think the Saints are the only team that could beat the Eagles in the NFC. But if the Eagles have home field throughout I wouldn't pick against them.

I think if I had to pick between Vick, Ryan, Cutler, Rodgers or Brees, I go with Brees. And to me, that's a big difference in the playoffs. I can't see the Eagles getting past the Packers. It looks like the NFC playoffs will be more fun than the AFC. Of course, it will be fun to watch the Chiefs do their first round fold. ;D

Kaylore
12-28-2010, 02:03 PM
I think the Pats and Chefs will face off for the AFC West.
You mean the AFC Championship?

The Chiefs aren't going to win anything. They'll get exposed pretty quick.

I say the Ravens Vs. Falcons with the Ravens winning.

bronco militia
12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
hopefully the pats don't make it. I'll be rooting for the NFC regardless

snowspot66
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
The last time the Pats were invincible - they lost the big one.
I kind of like Vick & the Eagles.

On a miracle to rival any other play in NFL history.

TonyR
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
I know you are a Philly homer but this statement is suspect.

Actually I hate the Eagles and will root against them no matter who they play. Good point on home field but the main reason I pick them against the Falcons is that the Eagles manhandled them earlier this season. I think Vick/Jackson/McCoy/Maclin would put on a show in that dome in Atlanta.

One negative on the Eagles is that they're starting to get really banged up on defense.

bronco militia
12-28-2010, 02:09 PM
On a miracle to rival any other play in NFL history.

yeah, the pats had the game in the bag except for that one play Ha!Ha!Ha!

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I don't really have a horse in this race. I'm just tired of the Pats and Brady. The Bears, I want to see fail so I can laugh at mopey Jay. The Chiefs, I also want to laugh at their FAIL. I hate Payaton and the Colts. Last year I rooted for the Saints because of what New Orleans had been through, and because they were playing the Colts. I was a LA Rams fan growing up, but I have no connection with this St. Louis team. Of course, they're getting wiped out quick anyway. The Steelers? blech. The Ratbirds? My hatred runs deep. The rest? meh.

I guess I'll root for the Sanchez and the Jets. If they win it will piss off the USC haters. ;D

worm
12-28-2010, 02:14 PM
Beyond this year....I was thinking about the power shift in the NFC during the game last night.

Always a lot of hype in the NFC East....but the NFC South could emerge as the most dominant division in that conference in the next couple of years if Luck comes out and Carolina secures a great coach.

Luck, Ryan, Brees and Freeman. That is unreal in a QB driven league.

bronco militia
12-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Beyond this year....I was thinking about the power shift in the NFC during the game last night.

Always a lot of hype in the NFC East....but the NFC South could emerge as the most dominant division in that conference in the next couple of years if Luck comes out and Carolina secures a great coach.

Luck, Ryan, Brees and Freeman. That is unreal in a QB driven league.

no doubt.....

bendog
12-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Luck, Ryan, Brees and Freeman. That is unreal.

I think so too. I was never really sold on Sanchez as a prolific passer, and beyond Tebow being possibly real good, the young qb talent seems to be in the NFC now, esp if Luck comes out. Rapesburger is thug with less motivation to walk the line than Vick has. Rivers has Norv disease.

Echo: It'll be interesting to see billicheat without Tom Terrific.

I just finished a mufaletta from here, and I'm stuffed in a good way.

http://www.cochonbutcher.com/

Jetmeck
12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
I think the Pats and Chefs will face off for the AFC West. Chefs are going to finally get a playoff win or two... but they won't get past the Pats.

In the NFC I can see the Eagles going into Atlanta for the NFC Championship and winning. It would be interesting to see Vick back in Atlanta.

In the SB I think Vick will be too much for the Pats. Pats D isn't strong enough to contend with the Iggles offense.

You havent been watching much Chefs football then........they will be lucky to get by the JETS

bronco militia
12-28-2010, 02:25 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-toes.jpg

worm
12-28-2010, 02:26 PM
I just finished a mufaletta from here, and I'm stuffed in a good way.

http://www.cochonbutcher.com/

Cochons is three blocks away from me. Love that place. Donald Link also owns Herb Saint. Great place if you are looking for dinner. Much respect for him in getting up and running and serving food in the aftermath of Katrina.

KCStud
12-28-2010, 03:49 PM
The Saints are the class of the NFC rightfully. Their offense is so explosive and dynamic, but it's their defense that is better. They aren't afraid of playing on the road either.
As much as I love the what the Pats are doing, their defense isn't that good. Their front seven is Mayo and Wilfork. Everyone else is so-so.
I think it will be Pittsburgh unfortunatelly. I'm scared of the Ravens, but they just can't beat the Steelers, especially at Heinz field.
I see the a physical team like the Steelers and Ravens pouding the ball on the ground and putting pressure on Brady so the tiny out routes/hot routes with the WR's won't work. Pats have a bad run game too.

I'll say it now. Steelers and Saints. Saints win again.

Mile High Shack
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Patriots vs Saints

Pats win...unfortunately

Mile High Shack
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/rex-ryan-toes.jpg

this is just so awesome :notworthy

colonelbeef
12-28-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't really have a horse in this race. I'm just tired of the Pats and Brady. The Bears, I want to see fail so I can laugh at mopey Jay. The Chiefs, I also want to laugh at their FAIL. I hate Payaton and the Colts. Last year I rooted for the Saints because of what New Orleans had been through, and because they were playing the Colts. I was a LA Rams fan growing up, but I have no connection with this St. Louis team. Of course, they're getting wiped out quick anyway. The Steelers? blech. The Ratbirds? My hatred runs deep. The rest? meh.

I guess I'll root for the Sanchez and the Jets. If they win it will piss off the USC haters. ;D

yes, lets laugh from last place at our former QB who just won his division.

Ha ha ha.

I say Saints over the Steelers.

bendog
12-28-2010, 04:41 PM
yes, lets laugh from last place at our former QB who just won his division.

Ha ha ha.

I'd get a laugh out of this place going ***cing nuts, but I don't think Chi is the best team in the NFC. They have to play GB next and GB has to win to have any playoff chance, I think, anyway. There's one WC slot left open and three teams with 9 wins. One is the guys in puke green

ghostofjosh
12-28-2010, 05:07 PM
I have Philly over the Patriots 38-34

Miss I.
12-28-2010, 05:21 PM
I would hazard it's going to be NE and NO. However, in a world that would make me happy, I would prefer Atlanta beating NE, but anyone beating NE is good (except the Eagles because I do not like that team with or without Vick). Though in a world of wackiness wouldn't it be interesting to see Chicago against Indianapolis again. I think I would even root for Chicago, but really I probably wouldn't care either way. Won't be able to see the game in England anyway at least not in a fun way...stupid time difference.

Rohirrim
12-29-2010, 09:01 AM
I guess some of the East Coast Philly hype got settled down last night. ;)

TonyR
12-29-2010, 09:05 AM

Just one game but the Eagles did get exposed a little bit. Their banged up D looked poor and a blueprint is emerging to slow Vick down: blitz. But you do have to be very careful blitzing him because if you miss you're probably in big trouble. I think I'll have to amend my NFC pick to New Orleans.

Boogerboots
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
The way this season has gone (especially for the Broncos) I think that the ugly trend will continue and it will be a bad karma Super Bowl with the Felon matching up against the Dog Killaz. Ratbirds v Beagles

jmz313
12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
Indy V ATL

baja
12-29-2010, 09:56 AM
All the teams are just about decided:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c2d42c/article/playoff-picture-2010

So who do think goes to the SB? And who do you think wins it?

Sorry to say it, but I think it's another Pats' Lombardi. The NFC is harder to pick. I'm expecting another Cutler collapse in the big game, and after last night's game, either the Saints or Falcons have to be the team. In a final showdown, I would have to take the Saints just because of Brees.

The Pats are rolling, though. I don't see anybody stopping that machine.

...and they have 2 firsts 2 seconds and 2 fourths. They are the Apple corporation of the NFL.

TheReverend
12-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Denver's out and I hate every other AFC team.

Arizona isn't in, so that bumps me to rooting for Shanahan, but he isn't in so Bears it is.

Go Jay!

TheReverend
12-29-2010, 10:02 AM

Dog killers never truly win :)

Gutless Drunk
12-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Pats over whoever. They are dominating like they did in 2007 without the whole undefeated thing hanging over them.

The 2007 Patriots were #1 in offense and # 4 in defense.
The 2010 Patriots are #11 in offense and #27 in defense.
They absolutely live off turnovers at +27 differential and are going to likely to set to record for fewest turnovers in a year, currently at 9. record is 13

Hopefully this ends in the playoffs

Old Dude
12-29-2010, 10:36 AM
I almost always guess wrong, so it's time to lay down a big time jinx.

Pittsburgh over Chicago.

HAT
12-29-2010, 10:47 AM
AFCCG: NE over Balty

NFCCG: Pack over NO

SB: Pack over NE

Hamrob
12-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Pats over the Bears

I would pick the Saints...but, I think they will have to play in Chicago...and I like the Bears in the elements.