PDA

View Full Version : Norv Turner as coordinator? Come on Woody your crazy

Peoples Champ
12-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Woody Paiges take on the new coaching search, sometimes i like this guy and sometimes he is crazy.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_16955095

rbackfactory80
12-28-2010, 08:30 AM
All this coaching stuff is fine but we have serious holes on this team. Coaches coach and players play. We need some players.

TonyR
12-28-2010, 08:31 AM
Norv is to OC what Wade Phillips is to DC. Both are very good coordinators who you don't want in a HC role.

illbroncsfn
12-28-2010, 08:40 AM
I for one would be ecstatic to have Norv Turner as the Broncos OC.... Don't see it happening- but Norv did get the dreaded "vote of confidence" last week and we know that translates to a firing in roughly 75% of those situations.

scorpio
12-28-2010, 08:41 AM
The Chargers already said they were bringing Norv back.

ColoradoDarin
12-28-2010, 08:42 AM
Norv is to OC what Wade Phillips is to DC. Both are very good coordinators who you don't want in a HC role.

Exactly. I'd rather pass on Norv, but it's not the worst idea in the world.

TheReverend
12-28-2010, 08:54 AM

^

LonghornBronco
12-28-2010, 08:57 AM

Didn't Pat say McD would be here till the end of the season, at one point?

schaaf
12-28-2010, 09:00 AM
Pat said that with a glass of hard liquor in his right hand

uplink
12-28-2010, 09:01 AM

Both guys are not strong motivators. But now a motivator is not crucial since Tebow is here to do that the way Rivers does it in San Diego. Both would have success here with Tebow IMO. Norv has been successful in San Diego, just hasn't won it all. His teams are always ranked very highly.

colonelbeef
12-28-2010, 09:37 AM

yep.

thank god

Broncoman13
12-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Norv Turner can develop a QB. Whether it be Tebow or (gulp) Luck, he would be an excellent hire to develop your signal caller.

Not sure whether SD would cut ties with him though. Seems to me that they were an underachieving team this year so perhaps it could happen.

Pick Six
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Given the recent success of the Chargers (aside from this year), they would be crazy to give this guy up. That's an Al Davis move...ROFL!

bronco militia
12-28-2010, 09:52 AM
norv did ok with the Triplets...

it's the reason why teams keep hiring him

HILife
12-28-2010, 09:55 AM
I would be shocked if Novv Turner got fired......Well maybe not that shocked. It seems like the "fans" and city are looking for any opperutunity to get rid of him. It doesn't matter how many times they go to the playoffs or win the division, it's always fire Norv.

Anytime the Chargers are losing it's "fire Norv, he sucks as a coach," but when they are winning it's "Phillip Rivers is the greatest!!!"

lostknight
12-28-2010, 09:55 AM
Norv Turner is the gift that keeps on giving. I am all for him staying in San Diego and failing to motivate a talented team while free agency drags them closer and closer to mediocrity each year.

In this case, the Chargers are clearly planning on moving to LA next year. They will do that with a new coach.

boltaneer
12-28-2010, 10:40 PM
I heard an interesting discussion today about dilemmas teams with new head coaches may be facing next year. There's a possibility that the league and the NFLPA will continue to butt heads on the CBA up until the start of the season.

That may leave new head coaches as little as one month to get acquainted with the team and get them ready for the season, instead of an entire off season.

It may not come down to this but if it does, this could be the worst time to fire a head coach.

Rivers is the face of the Chargers now and it makes no sense to get rid of the guy who has molded Rivers into the quarterback he is today and start all over.

That being said, I think 2011 is Super Bowl or pink slip for Norv.