PDA

View Full Version : A Plead to Mile High

Hotwheelz
12-28-2010, 02:05 AM
We all saw it on Sunday. We all saw what was probably the most exciting comeback win in three years. It didn't matter that the game was "meaningless", because we all saw a flash of our glory days. And I know what you were thinking because I thought it too. I'm asking you, all Bronco fans, to stop it.

Tebow is not the next Elway because there will be no next Elway. Ever. We have been searching for him ever since 1999 and I think it's that we, as a fanbase, moved on. Elway was Elway because he was one of a kind. He made this franchise what it is today. He put the Broncos on the map. He was and is STILL the Broncos.

Tebow will never be Elway not because he won't be any good (we don't know yet), but because Elway was unique. Let's not anoint the kid too soon and, likewise, let's not cast him aside too quick when he inevitably struggles. And don't think for a second that he won't struggle, even Manning struggles. Let's not call him the next anything and let's let him develop into the next Tim Tebow, for better or for worse.

Atwater His Ass
12-28-2010, 02:21 AM
Can't be stopped.

Killericon
12-28-2010, 02:25 AM
Too late.

broncocalijohn
12-28-2010, 02:43 AM
You missed your chance. If you told me all of that before the game, I was with you. Now, he has been unleashed and the Power of T times two is upon us. Just back away and get under something that can restrain nature's wonder. You have been warned. Teeeeeeeeebbbbbooooooooow!

Taco John
12-28-2010, 02:50 AM
Pandora is out of the box. Tebow is the face of the team.

He's the franchise.

Don't worry about him going away any time soon. The Broncos want to sell tickets, and they see what is happening in the stands as well as on the field as much as any of us can. This is their scene. They know how to market this. It's a done deal.

Remember Monday Night Football? Happy days are here again.

Chris
12-28-2010, 02:53 AM
I think you meant "A plea to Mile High".

TailgateNut
12-28-2010, 05:58 AM
His jersey sales demand he become the new face of the franchise. Bawahaha

Mr. Elway
12-28-2010, 07:36 AM
Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription - is MORE TEBOW!!

Kaylore
12-28-2010, 07:43 AM
The nice thing about Tebow is he had his own mystique before he got here so no one expects him to be John Elway cuz he's Tebow.

Mile High Shack
12-28-2010, 07:56 AM
The nice thing about Tebow is he had his own mystique before he got here so no one expects him to be John Elway cuz he's Tebow.

this...right here

He was already a legend before he stepped on the field in the NFL.

Something tells me, unlike other QBs we have had, Tebow has the mental fortitude to hold up under the blinding white light of the media glare.

55CrushEm
12-28-2010, 07:58 AM

Yeah....Tebow has some bad and some good moments.....so if he can eliminate the bad, he'll be good.

;D

lostknight
12-28-2010, 08:07 AM
What's amazing to me is that with most Rookie Quarterbacks - including Bradford who Tebow is easily outproducing this season - the expectations are that they learn a bit their first year, and show improvement. (Bradford is the 31st ranked QB by yardage this year).

With Tebow, the expectations are a hell of a lot higher. What's even more amazing is that he is meeting and exceeding these expectations. His passer rating is 20-30 above Bradford, 50 points above just about anyone else, and outperforming Orton to boot.

I still think that Tebow will have a 2 pick game before the end of the season. But the kid has something to prove, and is blowing away our expectations.

I think Berman said it best last night on MNF - the White Horses are starting to Gallop again, and it's a great sign for a team that hasn't had anything to root for in many many years.

MrPeepers
12-28-2010, 09:12 AM
The very best thing about Tim Tebow to me...

In Arizona, Bronco games will now be shown on TV!
We will get primetime games again.
We will get Nationally televised games.

All the splitting seas, punch holes in mountains, and riding donkeys through steets of palms is ok. But I can stay home to watch games!

SureShot
12-28-2010, 09:14 AM
His jersey sales demand he become the new face of the franchise. Bawahaha

Want to sell your season tickets next year? I moving back to Colorado.

crush17
12-28-2010, 09:14 AM
http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/smallest-violin.jpg

chawknz
12-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Can't wait to come back to this thread in two years when Tebow is the media darling of the NFL and the entire World holds its every breath to see his next play and say "TOLD YA SO!"

Quoydogs
12-28-2010, 10:26 AM
What's amazing to me is that with most Rookie Quarterbacks - including Bradford who Tebow is easily outproducing this season - the expectations are that they learn a bit their first year, and show improvement. (Bradford is the 31st ranked QB by yardage this year).

With Tebow, the expectations are a hell of a lot higher. What's even more amazing is that he is meeting and exceeding these expectations. His passer rating is 20-30 above Bradford, 50 points above just about anyone else, and outperforming Orton to boot.

I still think that Tebow will have a 2 pick game before the end of the season. But the kid has something to prove, and is blowing away our expectations.

I think Berman said it best last night on MNF - the White Horses are starting to Gallop again, and it's a great sign for a team that hasn't had anything to root for in many many years.

(I still think that Tebow will have a 2 pick game before the end of the season. But the kid has something to prove, and is blowing away our expectations.)

= I think Tebow will throw two picks next week. LOL

crush17
12-28-2010, 10:57 AM
We play the #1 ranked defense this weekend.

A lot of things can be learned from this game.

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 12:18 PM
We play the #1 ranked defense this weekend.

A lot of things can be learned from this game.
True, and I'm excited to see how Tebow performs.

If he can carry the team to a victory against a vastly superior team, I'll be even more impressed than I already am.

I just hope he keeps improving and continues to stuff it down the throats of the Mel Kipers, and Merrill Hoge's out there who refuse to give him any credit.

Homer Simpson
12-28-2010, 12:25 PM

He's the franchise.

Don't worry about him going away any time soon. The Broncos want to sell tickets, and they see what is happening in the stands as well as on the field as much as any of us can. This is their scene. They know how to market this. It's a done deal.

I waS thinking about this, we will probably get a handful of primetime games with Tebow under center, he's one of the top 10 biggest draws in the NFL already.

MNF here we come!

Broncoman13
12-28-2010, 12:40 PM

He's the franchise.

If the Broncos are in position to draft Andrew Luck they will do it... I like Luck, but I think Tebow will be a very good leader and winner. I hope for that reason alone that Luck goes back to school for a year!

ghwk
12-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Tebow will make Elway look like Norris Weese by the time he is done. God is on our side now.

Homer Simpson
12-28-2010, 12:52 PM
If the Broncos are in position to draft Andrew Luck they will do it... I like Luck, but I think Tebow will be a very good leader and winner. I hope for that reason alone that Luck goes back to school for a year!

We have literally ZERO chance of Luck as he will go number 1 in the 50/50 chance he comes out. And we cannot draft number 1. We will likely be 4 or 5 when we beat the Chargers...:strong:

bendog
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
The force is stong in the Tebow.

Quoydogs
12-28-2010, 12:55 PM
We have literally ZERO chance of Luck as he will go number 1 in the 50/50 chance he comes out. And we cannot draft number 1. We will likely be 4 or 5 when we beat the Chargers...:strong:

I'll take the lower draft if we can beat the Chuggers. I hate the chuggers ! All Hail Tebow

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Tebow will make Elway look like Norris Weese by the time he is done. God is on our side now.
I have no idea who Norris Weese is, but I take it that's your point.

I think there is something to the idea that Tebow has a persona that can match up with Elway's. Nationally he's already a larger figure than Elway, and although John is still king in Denver, Tebow is a figure that can match up with just about anyone.

Even Elway's shadow isn't big enough to cover up the figure of Tebow. I don't think that's something to be glossed over.

bendog
12-28-2010, 01:08 PM
you don't know who weese was and can't look it up?

And, seriously for moment, doesn't it say something that Tebow is a national figure? I mean I'm sure he's a hell of a nice guy, and he was a great college player, but ..... there are sure a lot of people with Jesus or whatever in their hearts doing really nice things out there. Tebow is nowhere near a great qb (though he may be someday) and he sure isnt' a dominican sister working in an inner city parochial school

vercingetorix
12-28-2010, 01:11 PM
I have no idea who Norris Weese is, but I take it that's your point.

I think there is something to the idea that Tebow has a persona that can match up with Elway's. Nationally he's already a larger figure than Elway, and although John is still king in Denver, Tebow is a figure that can match up with just about anyone.

Even Elway's shadow isn't big enough to cover up the figure of Tebow. I don't think that's something to be glossed over.

Its kind of like the sword in the stone. Many have come before. But its been proven having a strong arm is not enough. Elway's persona in Denver was kind of big for Cutler. It seems apparent that, as with the Arthur myth, there is a character component (or something else) that is required to be the next great one that the crowd embraces with both hands. Tebow certainly isnt great yet but what we saw Sunday was.

Theres a lot of pressure playing QB in Denver because of Elway. It kind of takes someone special to deal with that or be unphased by that. Tebow's pre-existing larger than life persona seems to fit right.

Mountain Bronco
12-28-2010, 03:34 PM
While I think Tebow has done an excelent job so far, shown progress, some throws that people questioned he could make, some excelent running, buying time, toughness etc.. I believe that Tebow is a polarizing figure and if he doesn't win, people will turn on him fast.

That said I am rooting for him and think he has what it takes to be winner in this league.

bendog
12-28-2010, 03:35 PM
I just hope we don't play the lions!

lostknight
12-28-2010, 03:35 PM
(I still think that Tebow will have a 2 pick game before the end of the season. But the kid has something to prove, and is blowing away our expectations.)

= I think Tebow will throw two picks next week. LOL

I'm hoping Tebow proves me wrong (and I've said two turn overs every game), but SD has a phenominal secondary. Can Tebow win against a team that has basically been Kryptonite to the Broncos?

I'm already convinced that Tebow is the future of the team. But I bear little hope that he can make the difference between this team, and our earlier encounter with San Diego.

crush17
12-28-2010, 03:45 PM
If we have any shot of beating the Chargers, it starts with our offensive line.

They were a sieve against SD the first game.

ghwk
12-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I hope he is wildly successful in a Jesus sort of way. Just by the virtue that he can move though he will make our offensive line better.

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 04:05 PM
you don't know who weese was and can't look it up?

And, seriously for moment, doesn't it say something that Tebow is a national figure? I mean I'm sure he's a hell of a nice guy, and he was a great college player, but ..... there are sure a lot of people with Jesus or whatever in their hearts doing really nice things out there. Tebow is nowhere near a great qb (though he may be someday) and he sure isnt' a dominican sister working in an inner city parochial school
Wow, you managed to miss the entire point of my post, well done.

Btw, I don't really care who Norris Weese is/was.

spdirty
12-28-2010, 05:20 PM
I think when its all said and done our next problem will be resisting the temptation of comparing Tebows successors to Tebow.

AZorange1
12-28-2010, 06:07 PM
The very best thing about Tim Tebow to me...

In Arizona, Bronco games will now be shown on TV!
We will get primetime games again.
We will get Nationally televised games.

All the splitting seas, punch holes in mountains, and riding donkeys through steets of palms is ok. But I can stay home to watch games!

AMEN from Avondale

OABB
12-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of Tim tebow. It is now year 1 AT.

ghwk
12-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of Tim tebow. It is now year 1 AT.

You realize that means he's dead, right? Thanks for offing our new QB!

broncocalijohn
12-28-2010, 07:33 PM
AMEN from Avondale

Go buy a car from my cousin at Nissan Avondale. He owns the joint.

Archer81
12-28-2010, 07:43 PM
You realize that means he's dead, right? Thanks for offing our new QB!

No. AT is Anno Tebow, or Year of Tebow. Just like Anno Domini is year of the lord.

Unless you thought AD meant after death...

:Broncos:

Broncoman13
12-28-2010, 07:51 PM

Elway likes Luck enough that he would move up to #1 and ask him to wear his #7!

Mr
12-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Its kind of like the sword in the stone. Many have come before. But its been proven having a strong arm is not enough. Elway's persona in Denver was kind of big for Cutler. It seems apparent that, as with the Arthur myth, there is a character component (or something else) that is required to be the next great one that the crowd embraces with both hands. Tebow certainly isnt great yet but what we saw Sunday was.

Theres a lot of pressure playing QB in Denver because of Elway. It kind of takes someone special to deal with that or be unphased by that. Tebow's pre-existing larger than life persona seems to fit right.

Yup...
A confident player is a productive player. No looming shadows. No back monkeys. He can relax and play his game.
I dont have high expectations but I dont have low ones either.
I believe in the kid.