View Full Version : Orton's first home game as a backup in pics

Lev Vyvanse
12-27-2010, 09:58 PM

BroncoDoug
12-27-2010, 10:01 PM
haha, nice

Vegas_Bronco
12-27-2010, 10:07 PM
After watching drew brees tonight, I don't like ortons game speed at all. Dude was slow when he got here and is still slow in all aspects...and that is the real hubba bubba.

Boobs McGee
12-27-2010, 10:29 PM
hahaha this is actually a pretty damn clever thread! rep for you sir

schaaf
12-27-2010, 10:33 PM
When Tebow ran that touchdown in I actually saw Orton fall over himself because he thought the play was ruined

cabronco
12-27-2010, 11:05 PM
After watching drew brees tonight, I don't like ortons game speed at all. Dude was slow when he got here and is still slow in all aspects...and that is the real hubba bubba.

It would of taken Orton 100 Mississippi's to run in the touchdown that Tebow did. Orton just reminds me of Blodsoe, awkwardly slow.

Tim just needs to learn to tuck the ball in tight while running.

Lev Vyvanse
12-28-2010, 12:04 AM
It would of taken Orton 100 Mississippi's to run in the touchdown that Tebow did. Orton just reminds me of Blodsoe, awkwardly slow.

Tim just needs to learn to tuck the ball in tight while running.

He needs to keep his eyes down the field.

Los Broncos
12-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Haha, funny thread and photo.

frerottenextelway
12-28-2010, 05:30 AM
ƃuıʞuıɥʇ sɐʍ uoʇɹo ʇɐɥʍ ɹǝpuoʍ I ˙ɔıd ʎuunɟ ˙ǝɔıu 'ɐɥɐɥ

lostknight
12-28-2010, 07:31 AM
After watching the game again, I think that was the only time Orton appeared on the field (or at least on camera). KOA said that he was in the tunnel the first half. That still strikes me as amazingly classless, unless he was ordered to do so.

supermanhr9
12-28-2010, 08:05 AM
I hope all this Orton stuff is getting blown out of proportion, he gave us his best while he was under center.

Miss I.
12-28-2010, 08:50 AM
I hope all this Orton stuff is getting blown out of proportion, he gave us his best while he was under center.

I certainly hope so too. Personally a lot of this crap about Orton reeks of spouses trying to justify dumping their no longer wanted spouse for a new, hotter lover. It may indeed be the right thing to do because the other lover/player will lead to better things, but to make it easier on the person doing the dumping it's critical to place the blame on the person they are jilting. The asinine thing about this approach with Orton is there no reason to be so classless towards Orton. It's a business decision, not personal. Orton might not be thrilled at this point, but fact is if Tebow gives us a better chance to win that is the way we should go and for Orton to remain as backup is just stupid and selfish by the Broncos. He would be a good starter for the Vikings and the Cardinals and I hope he gets that chance since our team no longer wants him. Plus maybe we can get something out of that deal to help us.

anyway, the picture is funny, but the numerous Orton is now a classless jerk posts are tedious, stupid and deeply unfair to the guy (and all the ones I read are clearly based on hearsay gossip with no actual evidence - these are in different threads just to clarify).

illbroncsfn
12-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Orton just needs to be classy and allow the situation to play itself out and get traded for hopefully either a 2nd rd pick or a valued player(s).

Jay3
12-28-2010, 08:56 AM
When Tebow ran that touchdown in I actually saw Orton fall over himself because he thought the play was ruined

What do you mean? Can you elaborate? Joke? Or you saw a visible reaction?

Man-Goblin
12-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I certainly hope so too. Personally a lot of this crap about Orton reeks of spouses trying to justify dumping their no longer wanted spouse for a new, hotter lover.

Speaking for myself, I'm just not as attracted to Orton anymore. He's just not the same person he used to be. We've just grown apart. We hardly talk anymore. I mean, I love him, but i'm not IN love with him. You understand, right?

SureShot
12-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Orton its not you ...its me.

Smiling Assassin27
12-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Speaking for myself, I'm just not as attracted to Orton anymore. He's just not the same person he used to be. We've just grown apart. We hardly talk anymore. I mean, I love him, but i'm not IN love with him. You understand, right?

and no, we can't have one for the road, Kyle... Ha!

crush17
12-28-2010, 09:13 AM
I still think the guy played as hard as he could for this team and have no ill will towards him for any reason.

That being said, I don't think he should stay here as a backup. He should go somewhere that he can start, because I believe he has starting QB talent.

I just get frustrated when I see how much fire Tebow has and how hard the rest of the team plays around him and wish that Orton could have brought that same fire.

Kaylore
12-28-2010, 09:21 AM
I still think the guy played as hard as he could for this team and have no ill will towards him for any reason.

That being said, I don't think he should stay here as a backup. He should go somewhere that he can start, because I believe he has starting QB talent.

I just get frustrated when I see how much fire Tebow has and how hard the rest of the team plays around him and wish that Orton could have brought that same fire.

This is how I feel. I appreciate all Orton's done for us and wish him the best. He's a class act that's worked hard as long as he's been here.

Tombstone RJ
12-28-2010, 09:29 AM
I wanted to give Orton the benefit of the doubt and going into this season, I thought he had the potential to be the Broncos starting QB because he was healthy. However, as the season went on, he was putting up good numbers but the team wasn't winning. Sure, the running game stunk but the fact is his 3rd down conversion and his redzone production was lousy. That is when a QB MAKES HIS MONEY.

If you can't produce on 3rd downs then you are not gonna win many games in the NFL. Orton had all of training camp and 12 games of this season to prove to the world he was a QB who could lead a team to a winning record. He could not do it. This team was close to winning many games but it just couldn't get it done. That has a lot to due with Orton.

Rohirrim
12-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Meanwhile, Quinn is standing there thinking, "The Lord has a plan for me...the Lord has a plan for me..."

rbackfactory80
12-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Orton its not you ...its me.

Is that you Angie?

lostknight
12-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Meanwhile, Quinn is standing there thinking, "The Lord has a plan for me...the Lord has a plan for me..."

Being second behind Tebow is a better plan then third behind Orton and Tebow. I think Quinn can settle in pretty nicely as a backup to Tebow, and spend some time fixing his mechanics. Take some of the handcuffs of him, allow for some bootlegs and some screens, and he might be a serviceable QB.

But the days of him being a number one starter in the NFL are probably over.

ScottXray
12-28-2010, 10:14 AM
I have no ill feelings toward Orton. He did his best and sometimes things just aren't meant to be. It's funny that after McDaniels got fired the QB that he drafted , yet wouldn't allow in the games, is turning out to be the player he (McD) thought he could be.

If Someone offers us at least a second for Orton, or a third and a player, then we should probably let him go, and let Quinn be the backup. But unless we get adequate value it is better that Orton stays. Keep in mind that Kubiak sat behind Elway for 9 years, and Kubiak actually was a pretty good QB himself. The backup QB is an insurance policy, and good ones will usually be paid 3-4 million a year anyway. In Ortons case it will be a bit more (5.3?) for one year. That could be higher but involves incentives that are made by playing. If he doesn't play he doesn't hit the targets.

maher_tyler
12-28-2010, 11:31 AM
I wanted to give Orton the benefit of the doubt and going into this season, I thought he had the potential to be the Broncos starting QB because he was healthy. However, as the season went on, he was putting up good numbers but the team wasn't winning. Sure, the running game stunk but the fact is his 3rd down conversion and his redzone production was lousy. That is when a QB MAKES HIS MONEY.

If you can't produce on 3rd downs then you are not gonna win many games in the NFL. Orton had all of training camp and 12 games of this season to prove to the world he was a QB who could lead a team to a winning record. He could not do it. This team was close to winning many games but it just couldn't get it done. That has a lot to due with Orton.

Not to mention he'd **** his pants whenever there was any pressure! He has no scrambling ability so when the first few reads aren't available it was usually a sack or a turnover or both in some cases!! How often do you remember Orton running 10 yards for a 1st?? With Tebow..you have to defend a lot morre knowing he can take off and run 10-20+ yards..he brings so much more to the table.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-28-2010, 11:35 AM
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7014/sfirststart165.jpg

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/9532/sfirststart322.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9971/sfirststart370.jpg

Vegas_Bronco
12-28-2010, 11:43 AM
The job or position requires specific skills and performance metrics. Orton is not really even a serviceable nfl qb in these terms...its like the dude that brings in candy every holiday but has to be bailed out when its crunch time with real work b/c he's just unable to perform. HE either needs to accept his role or get on with his life's work.