PDA

View Full Version : PA Govna gives the quote of the year (RE: the Tuesday game)

Chris
12-27-2010, 03:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5960674

The city of Philadelphia is set to host the NFL's first Tuesday night game in 64 years, and Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell (D) couldn't be more upset about it.

*removed so we don't get sued*

"My biggest beef is that this is part of what's happened in this country," Rendell said. "I think we've become wussies."

"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything," Rendell added. "If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

gtown
12-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Awesome and totally true.

Quoydogs
12-27-2010, 03:25 PM
The NFL used to be Men now they are just over paid little boys.

frerottenextelway
12-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Rendell doesn't hold back on anything, I'm not sure how he became a successful politician.

Likwid Kerruj
12-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Good old Ed Rendell.

He just wants a snow game so he can throw snowballs on the field like he did at the Vet.

FireFly
12-27-2010, 03:36 PM
I still can't believe it was called off.

Soft.

Smiling Assassin27
12-27-2010, 03:42 PM
There's so many things wrong with that statement, I think it's best to shake our heads and thank God that this guy is in no position to hurt anyone...er, wait.

Easy to pop off on things when Ed would be either in the comfort of his own mansion or in a luxury box as a guest of Jeff Lurie. When people die on the way there and suffer things like frostbite, where does this guy get off? The question becomes is what he said true? No it's not. In January of this year, China was deluged with snow in which many citizens died. Did they still keep airports, schools, and other public services open? No. While they do not play football in China, do you REALLY think they'd play a friggin soccer match outdoors after closing entire cities? Get real.

Vegas_Bronco
12-27-2010, 04:07 PM
You have to think about all the underpaid poverty stricken workers that have to be at the game for $6 per hour...what, you think the NFL is going to actually pay for their transportation to and from work? Can you imagine going to work in snow? I mean really!...this country was built b/c some capitalists decided it so...it wasn't about your grandpa walking to school both ways in the snow without any shoes...he never became anything important doing that...delusions. Hell, this really is that easy...nfl is cheap and that is their bottom line.

Jesterhole
12-27-2010, 04:11 PM
I love the calculus part at the end. Kinda racists, but juuuust enough kernel of truth in a hyperbolic statement to pass by...

spdirty
12-27-2010, 04:15 PM
I partially agree with that, but then again when I had tix to Bronco games I really started to hate going to snow games. From freezing my ass off at the game to having to haul around all those extra clothes to watching a flawed football game to driving to and from the game around all the drunk idiots. I hate driving in the snow because of all the other drivers. Snow games are a very overrated experience for those that go. So if Rendell was looking forwad to driving his own ass to the game and sitting outside in the stands freezing his ass off watching the game, then fine. Otherwise he can shut the **** up.

The guy that postponed this game to Tuesday might have saved a life or 2. Thats much more important than having a ****ing snow game.

HILife
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I love the calculus part at the end. Kinda racists, but juuuust enough kernel of truth in a hyperbolic statement to pass by...

Sounds like a compliant to me. Calling them all smart. Wish I could do calculus in snow.

mhgaffney
12-27-2010, 04:35 PM
The guv'nor is misinformed.

It ain't the Chinese. It's Wall Street.

The fact he does not know this -- is a big part of our problem.

MHG

oubronco
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
The NFL used to be Men now they are just over paid little puussies.

Fixed

TailgateNut
12-27-2010, 06:06 PM
I partially agree with that, but then again when I had tix to Bronco games I really started to hate going to snow games. From freezing my ass off at the game to having to haul around all those extra clothes to watching a flawed football game to driving to and from the game around all the drunk idiots. I hate driving in the snow because of all the other drivers. Snow games are a very overrated experience for those that go. So if Rendell was looking forwad to driving his own ass to the game and sitting outside in the stands freezing his ass off watching the game, then fine. Otherwise he can shut the **** up.

The guy that postponed this game to Tuesday might have saved a life or 2. Thats much more important than having a ****ing snow game.

Wussie

enjolras
12-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Lawsuits.

loborugger
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Lawsuits.

Thats what I was thinking. Either its lawsuits or the fact that only a fraction of the crowd would show up and purchase a fraction of the beer, nachos, and other junk, greatly cutting into the profits. Either way, its all about the money.

Archer81
12-27-2010, 06:40 PM
The guv'nor is misinformed.

It ain't the Chinese. It's Wall Street.

The fact he does not know this -- is a big part of our problem.

MHG

...Seriously. There is something wrong with you.

:Broncos:

elsid13
12-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes truly it is a national disgrace that bunch of fat Americans couldn't watch regular season football game on Sunday night. How dare anyone make us wait til Tuesday night to watch a 5-9 team with its third string QB take the field.

footstepsfrom#27
12-27-2010, 08:21 PM
In January of this year, China was deluged with snow in which many citizens died. Did they still keep airports, schools, and other public services open? No. While they do not play football in China, do you REALLY think they'd play a friggin soccer match outdoors after closing entire cities? Get real.
What about the calculus thing though? We're to dumb to do calculus aren't we? ;D

shakenbake
12-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Living in China, I can confirm they are bigger wussies than us. No way they are going to the game. But the calculus thing might be right。

Killericon
12-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes truly it is a national disgrace that bunch of fat Americans couldn't watch regular season football game on Sunday night. How dare anyone make us wait til Tuesday night to watch a 5-9 team with its third string QB take the field.

Agreed. The game was delayed 2 days, what's the big deal?

schaaf
12-27-2010, 10:19 PM
I am getting tired of players calling fields and weather conditions "unplayable" when i'm playing the games I look forward to the most are ones where it is blizzarding, downpouring, or flat out cold.

Those games are the ones that stick with you in your memories

Mr. Elway
12-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Anyone else think the China thing is just completely out of left field? Maybe it's just me but I don't tend to think of China as the epitome of "tough," or associate "doing Calculus" with being a badass. Rendell sounds like a belligerent grandfather who's had several too many egg-nogs.

TailgateNut
12-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Lawsuits.

based on what?

Chris
12-28-2010, 01:51 AM
This photo was taken at the game in China on sunday night

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/67/56214454-4FEC-4B1C-9EEB-8385C99C8D76/42-17449677.jpg

TDmvp
12-28-2010, 08:43 AM
Rendell was just on espn , and he is Fing delusional ...

totally borderline retarded.

yerner
12-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I hope his Limo hits black ice and plunges off the highway.