PDA

View Full Version : Champ: He's (Tebow) a winner...Hopefully I'm around to see him win a lot of games.

lostknight
12-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Per Max Denver:
He's a winner...Hopefully I'm around to see him win a lot of games.

Champ's earned himself a contract, and a chance to switch to safety (if we need it, and we probably will). The newer contracts have a lot of outs in them. I think Champ's earned a good contract with a strong out language protecting the Broncos.

A nice nucleus for the future, and just about the only talent I really really want to see return.

(Goodman's not bad either, but Cox is likely to end up in the slammer, Thompsan needs work, and the entire D-line needs help bad).

zdoor
12-26-2010, 05:52 PM
This is encouraging

IHaveALight
12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
That would be great if Champ wants to return next year!

extralife
12-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Champ obviously likes Tebow. They were pallin' it up after that TD.

colonelbeef
12-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I hate to say it, but if he needs to walk, let him walk and spend the money on the line and lbs, and address whatever is left via the draft.

MileHighMagic
12-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I want him back!

Not only is he a HOF stud, he's also all class and a true pro. Rebuild this sh!t club and surround it with winners like Champ and Tebow who also happen to be intelligent and good guys. Chemistry is so huge in this game.

lostknight
12-26-2010, 06:56 PM
We need help at safety. I thought we were set with Bruton and McBath, but we just got humiliated with Dawkins at Safety, and McBath was out.

razorwire77
12-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd be stoked if we re-signed Champ, drafted Peterson, retained Goodman/Cox/Squid as nickle and dime CB's, and then drafted D-Line with both 2nd rounders.

Tim
12-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I'd be stoked if we re-signed Champ, drafted Peterson, retained Goodman/Cox/Squid as nickle and dime CB's, and then drafted D-Line with both 2nd rounders.

me too.

KipCorrington25
12-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Well with a house cleaning of all the morons with McCheat leading the pack here's to hoping this gets done.

OBF1
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
No way...according to all the "Know it all's" at the mane, Champ on a new team next season is a foregone conclusion.

Garcia Bronco
12-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I hate to say it, but if he needs to walk, let him walk and spend the money on the line and lbs, and address whatever is left via the draft.

I want him back too, but I agree. Badass line reduces the need for badass corner.

dsmoot
12-26-2010, 07:32 PM
If there was one older cornerback that I would want to throw a 3 year guaranteed contract at would be Champ Bailey. If I was Champ Bailey, I would wait until the new organization was announced, make my assessment, then make a decision to go to NE or stay with the Broncos.

Baba Booey
12-26-2010, 07:34 PM
Ink the man.

Ratboy
12-26-2010, 07:39 PM
I would love to see Champ retire as a Bronco.

Get it done.

tsiguy96
12-26-2010, 07:45 PM
I want him back too, but I agree. Badass line reduces the need for badass corner.

this uses the argument that the money they would pay champ would otherwise go to someone else, which isnt necessarily true. not sure of salary cap, but we know a few things: champ is an elite corner, not a risky FA, and when hes given help he can change games. as it is, he basically makes the game 10 vs 10, which the rest of the defense still loses.

Archer81
12-26-2010, 08:15 PM

Badass line + badass corner = badass defense.

:Broncos:

Drek
12-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Per Max Denver:
He's a winner...Hopefully I'm around to see him win a lot of games.

Champ's earned himself a contract, and a chance to switch to safety (if we need it, and we probably will). The newer contracts have a lot of outs in them. I think Champ's earned a good contract with a strong out language protecting the Broncos.

A nice nucleus for the future, and just about the only talent I really really want to see return.

(Goodman's not bad either, but Cox is likely to end up in the slammer, Thompsan needs work, and the entire D-line needs help bad).

They should be prepared to just cut bait on Cox, act like he's not even a part of the team at this point until he's proven innocent, if that ever happens.

Goodman is a solid stop gap veteran. Thompson and Vaughn have the makings of a very nice nickel and dime pair. What this team really needs is to draft someone like Patrick Peterson, resign Champ, and the two of them and Goodman work in rotation with Peterson and Champ picking up time at safety. Then come 2012 Peterson is your #1 corner, Champ is a full time safety if he's more valuable there than as a corner, and you go find yourself a good #2 to play opposite Peterson.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-26-2010, 08:41 PM
They should be prepared to just cut bait on Cox, act like he's not even a part of the team at this point until he's proven innocent, if that ever happens.

Goodman is a solid stop gap veteran. Thompson and Vaughn have the makings of a very nice nickel and dime pair. What this team really needs is to draft someone like Patrick Peterson, resign Champ, and the two of them and Goodman work in rotation with Peterson and Champ picking up time at safety. Then come 2012 Peterson is your #1 corner, Champ is a full time safety if he's more valuable there than as a corner, and you go find yourself a good #2 to play opposite Peterson.

So much for innocent until proven guilty...jeez.

vercingetorix
12-26-2010, 08:42 PM

That would be stupid.

eddie mac
12-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Cut Buck, Dawk and Graham and there's $13m towards Champs salary for 2011. Sorted.

Or alternatively if we ever switch back to a 4-3 trade Dumervil's ludicrous $14m guaranteed base salaries in 2011 and 2012. As if we'll ever be that lucky.

Broncos_OTM
12-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Tebow inspires people. Hpoefully we can right this ship

broncsyanks
12-26-2010, 09:47 PM
bring the champ back!

Drek
12-26-2010, 10:02 PM
So much for innocent until proven guilty...jeez.

Just being a realist. He very well might be innocent, but if the team acts like its no big deal and tries to support a player who winds up being convicted of sexual assault they look like a bunch of ****bags and are out a player they viewed as a piece to the long term puzzle.

Plan like he's not a part of the 2011 team. If he winds up being innocent then great, we've upgraded even more at CB. But acting like he's a building block here is not being realistic.

That would be stupid.

What to expand on that brilliant bit of insight?

vercingetorix
12-26-2010, 10:04 PM
What to expand on that brilliant bit of insight?

Id rather not. I think its rather self-evident.

Requiem
12-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Id rather not. I think its rather self-evident.

Coming from Lex the Guru who is advocating drafting a 3-4 DE in the top three selections. Brilliant stuff. They putting piss in the water in Chicago these days?

bronco610
12-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Coming from Lex the Guru who is advocating drafting a 3-4 DE in the top three selections. Brilliant stuff. They putting piss in the water in Chicago these days?

What is lex's name now?

vercingetorix
12-26-2010, 11:04 PM

I don't know who this Lex guy is but he must be pretty smart.

Its not a 3-4 DE as much as its a defensive lineman who can get push, especially on passing downs. And spare me the 2 gapping vs 1 gapping nonsense.

Bronco Yoda
12-27-2010, 12:44 AM
With the league cracking down on big time hitting affecting the safety position. This only plays into the scenario of Champ moving to Safety in a year or two. He'd still be great.

I hope we keep him.

Requiem
12-27-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't know who this Lex guy is but he must be pretty smart.

It is you. Your fascination for the draft, hard-on for Stephen Paea and grammar all match up with him. Sorry, you aren't fooling anybody.

Its not a 3-4 DE as much as its a defensive lineman who can get push, especially on passing downs. And spare me the 2 gapping vs 1 gapping nonsense.

It isn't nonsense. Fairley isn't suited for the 3-4, Bowers isn't a 3-4 DE and Dareus would be a 3-4 DE and his value is not worth that of a top selection. Ask the Kansas City Chiefs how that worked out.

Killericon
12-27-2010, 01:36 AM
Cut Buck, Dawk and Graham and there's $13m towards Champs salary for 2011. Sorted.

Or alternatively if we ever switch back to a 4-3 trade Dumervil's ludicrous $14m guaranteed base salaries in 2011 and 2012. As if we'll ever be that lucky.

You have got to be joking me.

maher_tyler
12-27-2010, 05:01 AM
Did Champ state some where that he'd be ok moving to Safety..is it just a mane thing?? What am i missing here?? He seems to still be a top 10 CB in the league..the one year we actually had a decent D he should have been MVP..i think he could still put up those numbers if we could put together a decent defense!!

elsid13
12-27-2010, 05:23 AM
Did Champ state some where that he'd be ok moving to Safety..is it just a mane thing?? What am i missing here?? He seems to still be a top 10 CB in the league..the one year we actually had a decent D he should have been MVP..i think he could still put up those numbers if we could put together a decent defense!!

He hasn't, but like most Omane myth it has taken a life of it own here. Champ is a cornerback and any contract he gets will pay him as such, there are some foolishness around that believe that Champ and his agent will magically take a discount in monies and move over to safety in two years, but I don't see that happening. Yes Champ is great tackler but I don't see him ever moving to the free safety spot.

BabyTO
12-27-2010, 05:38 AM
um champ said hes not gonna switch to safety until he cant play CB anymore. and right now hes still among the best in the league, hes not gonna move to safety now. especially not right now as a soon to be free agent. safeties make a lot less money than corners. he will probably switch over to safety in like 3 years or something a la rod woodson