PDA

View Full Version : Smallest crowd since 1999

UberBroncoMan
12-26-2010, 05:29 PM
67,974 attendees at the game today. Honestly wasn't expecting that with Tebow's debut. I'd wager Christmas travels had something to do with it. I'm curious to see the numbers for next week.

TDmvp
12-26-2010, 05:31 PM
67,974 attendees at the game today. Honestly wasn't expecting that with Tebow's debut. I'd wager Christmas travels had something to do with it. I'm curious to see the numbers for next week.

Yea people are stranded all over the friggen country.

extralife
12-26-2010, 05:32 PM
and yet it was by far the loudest the stadium has been this year. loudest since the Chargers Hochuli game, probably.

SJ Bronco
12-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Wait, I thought he started last week? Or did you mean home debut? I may have just answered my own question.

Broncoman13
12-26-2010, 05:34 PM
It would have been much much worse had Tebow not been starting. I doubt too many people were flying in for this game. More likely is there just aren't a lot of fans willing to spend their money on a game.

UberBroncoMan
12-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Wait, I thought he started last week? Or did you mean home debut? I may have just answered my own question.

You did, lol.

frerottenextelway
12-26-2010, 05:35 PM
and yet it was by far the loudest the stadium has been this year. loudest since the Chargers Hochuli game, probably.

And chanting "Tebow" instead of "boo".

montrose
12-26-2010, 05:36 PM
F them. I don't care if the team is 0-15 and its freezing. Get your butt to the stadium and support your team

frerottenextelway
12-26-2010, 05:37 PM
Could you imagine being a fan that left at halftime?

TD4HOF
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Irrelevant now.

broncocalijohn
12-26-2010, 05:42 PM
WOnder how those 5k felt not supporting their team? I wonder how Tailgate Nut was at the game? I know he is a big Broncos fan but he would have to cheer for Tebow and hopefully was happy with his play. Screw the draft pick as we needed to see if it would be on a QB. So far, we are going defense. Tougher game to see next week with a much better defense.

scttgrd
12-26-2010, 05:54 PM
I was offered free tickets and a parking pass for this game. I decided to stay home and celebrate my daughters birthday instead. I was told by my friend that he had been trying to give those tickets away for two weeks but had no takers. So much for the Tebow effect.

Pony Boy
12-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Party pooper thread alert.....

go_broncos
12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
I was offered free tickets and a parking pass for this game. I decided to stay home and celebrate my daughters birthday instead. I was told by my friend that he had been trying to give those tickets away for two weeks but had no takers. So much for the Tebow effect.

you suck.

scttgrd
12-26-2010, 05:56 PM
Go on craigslist and see how many tickets are available. It's sad, this was a tough ticket to get just a couple of years ago.

Pick Six
12-26-2010, 05:59 PM
I can understand the low crowds in Denver. It's the day after Christmas AND the Broncos are packing up for the season, after next week. Did anybody catch the "crowd" at Arrowhead Stadium? Those idiots missed a team who was undefeated at home and wrapped up the the AFC West...Ha!ROFL!

For those of you who didn't see the game, the upper deck was almost empty, and the middle deck had many empty chairs...

Hercules Rockefeller
12-26-2010, 06:06 PM
1st game I've ever been to that I thought there were more people than the announced crowd.

scttgrd
12-26-2010, 06:09 PM
you suck.

Why go? To watch two horrible teams pull each others hair till one gives up?

broncocalijohn
12-26-2010, 06:18 PM

Thank God you didnt take them. How embarrassing for a guy in his Broncos jersey to be openly rooting for a loss while every other Broncos fan there was cheering on the home team. Thank you for staying at home with the daughter. Two empty seats would be better than you booing at your team or clapping when Texans scored.

scttgrd
12-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Thank God you didnt take them. How embarrassing for a guy in his Broncos jersey to be openly rooting for a loss while every other Broncos fan there was cheering on the home team. Thank you for staying at home with the daughter. Two empty seats would be better than you booing at your team or clapping when Texans scored.

I'm guessing your presence helped in the last six games. 4-11 with you cheering your a** off must make you proud. A better team will help more than you screaming at the sky.

DivineBronco
12-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm guessing your presence helped in the last six games. 4-11 with you cheering your a** off must make you proud. A better team will help more than you screaming at the sky.

I am not sure we should engage this dude anymore......I feel like there are some next level issues going on here

scttgrd
12-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I am not sure we should engage this dude anymore......I feel like there are some next level issues going on here

I agree, the Broncos are a bad team. No amount of wishful thinking is going to help. We can watch, and hope it gets better, but are still powerless to change anything.

broncocalijohn
12-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I agree, the Broncos are a bad team. No amount of wishful thinking is going to help. We can watch, and hope it gets better, but are still powerless to change anything.

I would imagine you just dont go to games at all. I mean, why show any emotion for something that you have passion for to begin with?

maven
12-26-2010, 07:11 PM
That is disappointing since this was Tebow's 1st home game. Oh well.

DivineBronco
12-26-2010, 07:12 PM

against my better judgment I am going to ask
WHAT?

Mr. Elway
12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
For those of you who didn't see the game, the upper deck was almost empty, and the middle deck had many empty chairs...

Not really. It was still 67k people. You could see empty seats but your description is a gross exaggeration.

BTW it was one of the loudest and funnest games I have ever attended, and this thread sucks.

Pick Six
12-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Not really. It was still 67k people. You could see empty seats but your description is a gross exaggeration.

I was making a comment on the emptiness of Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs are undefeated at home...Hilarious!

Mr. Elway
12-26-2010, 07:48 PM
I was making a comment on the emptiness of Arrowhead Stadium. The Chiefs are undefeated at home...Hilarious!

Oh ****! My bad, sorry dude ROFL!

DHallblows
12-26-2010, 09:26 PM

Probably because he only associates with whiny bitches like you

TDmvp
12-27-2010, 01:22 PM
F them. I don't care if the team is 0-15 and its freezing. Get your butt to the stadium and support your team

This totally wasn't the case this week , I blame it mostly on the blizzard halting airline travel and it being Xmas weekend BUT

As someone living in a city where the team didn't have a winning season for 14 years sometimes the only way to make a team change is voting by not showing.
If your team goes 0-15 and you sell out every week why would a owner do anything to change it ??

I normally agree with about everything you say Montrose , but not on this one.

HILife
12-27-2010, 01:46 PM

You mean the Hochuli Bowl?

HILife
12-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Could you imagine being a fan that left at halftime?

No such thing. Only non-fans leave at halftime.

Dedhed
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM
So much for the Tebow effect.

That's laughable. There would have been around 4,000 in attendance without Tebow.

Peoples Champ
12-27-2010, 01:49 PM

the game still seemed pretty full from TV. I would say its pretty impressive for a 4-11 last place team. I have seen emptier stadiums with better teams. I was in KC vs Denver last year in KC, and there was nobody there for a 3 win team.

Peoples Champ
12-27-2010, 01:50 PM

BTW it was one of the loudest and funnest games I have ever attended, and this thread sucks.

My friend said it was the loudest he had heard it in years. Thats awesome for a 4 win team.

broncocalijohn
12-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Rams last home game EVER in Anaheim brought about 33k to the meaningless game. I was in Denver for my first home game vs the Saints in another meaningless game taht same day. We had at least 68k for that game. Denver is a football town. Even the no shows wasnt that big compared to many around the league when you are winning or losing.

TailgateNut
12-27-2010, 02:20 PM
That's laughable. There would have been around 4,000 in attendance without Tebow.

Keep dreaming!

Dedhed
12-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Keep dreaming!
Yeah, Tebow has no drawing power compared to a 3-11 Orton led squad.
If there's anyone with their eyes closed on Tebow, it's you, and everyone knows it.

TailgateNut
12-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, Tebow has no drawing power compared to a 3-11 Orton led squad.
If there's anyone with their eyes closed on Tebow, it's you, and everyone knows it.

Hey dumbass, when someone implies that Tebow put 60000 butts in seats that wouldn't have been there otherwise I call BS.

........now you can go back to sucking on Tebow teats.

enjolras
12-27-2010, 03:06 PM
68k showed up to watch a 3 win team.

That's remarkable really.

montrose
12-28-2010, 06:19 PM
This totally wasn't the case this week , I blame it mostly on the blizzard halting airline travel and it being Xmas weekend BUT

As someone living in a city where the team didn't have a winning season for 14 years sometimes the only way to make a team change is voting by not showing.
If your team goes 0-15 and you sell out every week why would a owner do anything to change it ??

I normally agree with about everything you say Montrose , but not on this one.

If that's the case, I'd propose everyone stay outside of the stadium for the game's first 10 minutes to send a message. Overall in the NFL, it's not baseball, and I think most every owner generally wants to win. I guess my fan card just pulsates that real fans should do everything they can to support their team and as someone who desperately waited my whole life to get into the stadium - it gets my blood boiling that some people are lazy and just don't go. Only going to the games when the team is winning seems like a bandwagon thing to me.

Jetmeck
12-28-2010, 06:39 PM

They were almost blacked out last Sunday. Brother in law tried desperately to get me to go. Freeze my arse off watching the Chiefs .no way .......

Dedhed
12-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey dumbass, when someone implies that Tebow put 60000 butts in seats that wouldn't have been there otherwise I call BS.

........now you can go back to sucking on Tebow teats.

You had to edit that?

oubronco
12-28-2010, 07:19 PM

Well god bless you

Hamrob
12-28-2010, 07:52 PM
68k fans to watch a 3 win team the day after Christmas. Are you kidding me? That's amazing. I bet there are just as many there this week. Broncos fans are the best...really!!!