PDA

View Full Version : I'm (Gulp) Glad Kansas City Won The AFC West Today

RhymesayersDU
12-26-2010, 04:14 PM
So, I think we can all agree that we hate our AFC West rivals equally, which is to say we hate them all a lot. Maybe a little more hate for the Raiders, but in general I think we'd agree that we hate them all.

Here's the thing: For me, I've especially hated the Chargers during their reign of terror over the last 4-5 years. I think that's natural. You hate the team on top the most, right? So today, I'm really glad that the Chargers lost and the Chiefs won. I'm glad the Chargers got knocked down a peg, and I'm glad the bandwagon douchebags they call "fans" can get a dose of reality.

To sum up: Kansas City, I'm... (shudder) glad you won the AFC West, if it couldn't be us.

NYBronco
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Its good KC won the division and also to see SD begin their end of the season slide a little early. Now if we can assist in spoiling their playoffs hopes next week I will feel even better.

Boltjolt
12-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Im jealous you guys fired Joshsy and we wont fire Norv. Cant stand that actually but im glad we didnt make the playoffs this year. Somebody in management needs a good kick in the ass.
Personally i dont think the Chiefs are that great. They havent beat anybody real good and they will prbably be one and done but oh well.....somebody had to win the division and we didnt deserve it.

As for saying we need to be knocked down a notch. I dont really get that. I love my team just as you guys do and we havent done anything with the reign we had. AJ needs to wake the F up. Id like to win just one damn ring dammit.

tsiguy96
12-26-2010, 04:23 PM
norv turners seasons:
1st: 2 playoff wins
2nd: 1 playoff win
3rd: no playoff wins
4th: no playoffs

cant live off marty's team forever

DivineBronco
12-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Im jealous you guys fired Joshsy and we wont fire Norv. Cant stand that actually but im glad we didnt the playoffs this year. Somebody in management needs a good kick in the ass.
Personally i dont think the Chiefs are that great. They havent beat anybody real good and they will prbably be one and done but oh well.....somebody had to win the division and we didnt deserve it.

As for saying we need to be knocked down a notch. I dont really get that. I love my team just as you guys do and we havent done anything with the reign we had. AJ needs to wake the F up. Id like to win just one damn ring dammit.

yeah they have been a blessed team this year......it is times like this i wish I bet on sports because KC is going to be run off the field in the playoffs.....it will be fun to watch

boltaneer
12-26-2010, 04:47 PM
Too many injuries this season. Even if they did beat out KC, this team wouldn't be able to compete with the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens in the post-season.

In a way, I'm kind of glad the season ended this way IF it makes the team hungry next year. Though I doubt it and we'll have another slow Norv start.

TonyR
12-26-2010, 04:50 PM
norv turners seasons:

That is an ugly, ugly trend. Good post.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Too many injuries this season. Even if they did beat out KC, this team wouldn't be able to compete with the Patriots/Steelers/Ravens in the post-season.

In a way, I'm kind of glad the season ended this way IF it makes the team hungry next year. Though I doubt it and we'll have another slow Norv start.

Cool story brah.

Pick Six
12-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Screw the Chiefs. Someone had to win that division. The Broncos won a game. It's party time! :strong::gobroncos:gobroncos:Elway:

boltaneer
12-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Im jealous you guys fired Joshsy and we wont fire Norv. Cant stand that actually but im glad we didnt make the playoffs this year. Somebody in management needs a good kick in the ass.

The Chiefs have the old Marty 'run the ball' and 'stop the run' formula. They have been blessed with being pretty healthy too. But I can't see them being able to win like that in the playoffs.

I'll root for them against the Jets though, just because I want to see Loudmoth Rex get his.

They're just tired of seeing the Chargers win the division every year. It's natural. I felt the same way about the Broncos when they went on their streak in the 90s and the Raiders back in their day.

I don't really understand the AJ bashing though. He puts together a good roster and the players fit Norv's schemes. The only thing I'd like to see is a little more investment in the trenches with the higher picks.

McDman
12-26-2010, 04:55 PM
norv turners seasons:

May be your best post yet, good point.

Boltjolt
12-26-2010, 04:58 PM
norv turners seasons:

So true. Thats why i want Norv fired.

TD4HOF
12-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I completely forgot there are even any other teams in the NFL. Couldn't care less.

Tebow!

55CrushEm
12-26-2010, 05:01 PM
norv turners seasons:

Wow.....that's a bad trend. Good post.

Boltjolt
12-26-2010, 05:02 PM
The Chiefs have the old Marty 'run the ball' and 'stop the run' formula. They have been blessed with being pretty healthy too. But I can't see them being able to win like that in the playoffs.

I'll root for them against the Jets though, just because I want to see Loudmoth Rex get his.

They're just tired of seeing the Chargers win the division every year. It's natural. I felt the same way about the Broncos when they went on their streak in the 90s and the Raiders back in their day.

I don't really understand the AJ bashing though. He puts together a good roster and the players fit Norv's schemes. The only thing I'd like to see is a little more investment in the trenches with the higher picks.

AJ needs to wake up. He only wants choir boys on that team and he passed up on some damn good players. I was callng for Blount all off season and with a measly 7th, we could of had him. Instead, he drafts a TE we cut and trades away too many picks.

AJ craps the bed on many acquistions he could of made. Including his HC. We have mediocre talent on the OL too.

LRtagger
12-26-2010, 05:03 PM
I would have preferred beating the Chargers next week to knock them out of contention for the division.

~Crash~
12-26-2010, 05:13 PM

Chargers the best team ever to not make it to the play offs !Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Bronco Rob
12-26-2010, 05:17 PM
The benefits of a last place schedule and a horrid divison. They will win as many playoff games as the Charger, Raiders...

:afro:

Jetmeck
12-26-2010, 05:39 PM
YEAH I am thrilled for the frekin Chefs, now I'll hear 'bout it for couple weeks until they are one and done anyway........ROFL

ColoradoDarin
12-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I just wanted SD to not make the playoffs so DeCosta can hire Rivera for our next HC sooner rather than later.... :)

bronco militia
12-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I think it sucks that any other team wins this division

FU KC

snowspot66
12-26-2010, 08:24 PM
The benefits of a last place schedule and a horrid divison. They will win as many playoff games as the Charger, Raiders...

:afro:

Won't it be nice to not play the ****ing Colts next year like we do seemingly every year? We finish first they finish first we finish second they find a way to finish second.

broncofan2438
12-26-2010, 08:35 PM

Injuries?? Cmon. We had worse injuries than you. With Rivers at the helm and the "talent" you had, cmon you should have won the division

Boltjolt
12-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Injuries?? Cmon. We had worse injuries than you. With Rivers at the helm and the "talent" you had, cmon you should have won the division

Not sure about that. Rivers has completed passes to 17 different WR's this year which is the most in the NFL.
Larry English our first rounder OLB from 2009 has missed all but 3 games.
Our SS was suspended for 4
Siler missed a bunch of games
McNeill missed 6 or 7 games.
VJ missed all but the last three.
Gates hasnt played much the last 5 weeks.
Mathews has had a high ankle sprain and missed some games.
Crayton has missed every game since we played you last
Our OG Loius Vasquez has missed bunch of games and is still out.

And on and on.
Not an excuse, we were still putting up numbers and playing good defense but it would of made a difference in those games that we lost when we we driving for the winning score and didnt have those guys and fell short.

Oh well.....it happens.

Now please fire Norv!

sgbfan
12-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Not sure about that. Rivers has completed passes to 17 different WR's this year which is the most in the NFL.
Larry English our first rounder OLB from 2009 has missed all but 3 games.
Our SS was suspended for 4
Siler missed a bunch of games
McNeill missed 6 or 7 games.
VJ missed all but the last three.
Gates hasnt played much the last 5 weeks.
Mathews has had a high ankle sprain and missed some games.
Crayton has missed every game since we played you last
Our OG Loius Vasquez has missed bunch of games and is still out.

And on and on.
Not an excuse, we were still putting up numbers and playing good defense but it would of made a difference in those games that we lost when we we driving for the winning score and didnt have those guys and fell short.

Oh well.....it happens.

Now please fire Norv!

You listed 3 players that were suspended or held out... We had injuries to our entire offensive line that wasn't rookies, our top 2 running backs, our number 1 draft pick, our best pass rusher, our second best pass rusher, our number 2 cornerback, our team leader at S and his back-up.

400HZ
12-26-2010, 10:23 PM
You listed 3 players that were suspended or held out... We had injuries to our entire offensive line that wasn't rookies, our top 2 running backs, our number 1 draft pick, our best pass rusher, our second best pass rusher, our number 2 cornerback, our team leader at S and his back-up.

Right. And Denver has won four games this year. Having ****ty luck with the injuries makes winning a whole lot tougher.

They definitely hurt the Chargers this year, but if Norv had realized that his special teams needed help before the season began rather than waiting for five blocked punts and six return touchdowns or whatever the final tally was, then his team would have a few more wins and wouldn't be eliminated right now. The Chargers definitely have some work to do this offseason.

Boltjolt
12-26-2010, 10:39 PM

Held out, injured...still didnt have them. Had to use backups and UDFA's. I didnt even mention Floyd who is a china doll and is always hurt and Naanee who has missed ......damn , i dont know...8,10 games? He started the year our #2 WR and has less than 20 catches.

Ended up cutting Merriman because he was always hurt.

Yeah you guys had injuries but we had just as many plus the two big holdouts.

brncs_fan
12-26-2010, 10:41 PM

It's not like he has been a big contributor over the last few years.

Boltjolt
12-26-2010, 10:43 PM
It's not like he has been a big contributor over the last few years.

True ...but he was counted on being healthy and it was one thing after another. Then the other OLB we drafted in the first has been hurt all year. Applewhite is a UDFA a couple years ago replacing him all year.

brncs_fan
12-26-2010, 10:45 PM
True ...but he was counted on being healthy and it was one thing after another.

He wasn't the same after the roids and definitely after he got injured. What was it that made you think that this year he was going to get back into being a top performer?

boltaneer
12-26-2010, 11:11 PM

You didn't even really read what I wrote. You just saw 'injuries' and went off.

I'm not saying they didn't win the division because of injuries. They didn't win the division because they were not consistent week in and week out. One week they look like world beaters and the next week they lose to bad teams like the Seahawks.

What I'm saying is that I would have had no confidence in the team had they made the playoffs because of all the injuries at the skill positions at the moment, even with Rivers at the helm.

The same goes for the Colts. Peyton has been impressive with what he has to work with but that offense is a shell of what it used to be when he had more talent on the field.

Maybe the Colts will surprise but does anyone consider them a strong team in the playoffs this year?

BTW, Vincent Jackson looked like he was going through the motions today. I think he believed he cashed his paycheck last week with his monster game and has nothing left to prove. He's not going to go out there and blow out a knee at this point.

sgbfan
12-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Held out, injured...still didnt have them. Had to use backups and UDFA's. I didnt even mention Floyd who is a china doll and is always hurt and Naanee who has missed ......damn , i dont know...8,10 games? He started the year our #2 WR and has less than 20 catches.

Yeah you guys had injuries but we had just as many plus the two big holdouts.

I truly don't know the extent of your injuries, but I do know that VJ and McNeil (?) didn't miss all his games because of injuries. Don't use holdouts to support your argument that you were hurt more by injuries than the broncos. And that good defense didn't really show up vs the Bengals...

Now I'm not saying that missing those players didn't hurt the Chargers, and if they had them, they'd probably have won the division. The Packers were probably hurt by injuries as much as anyone this year though, and they are still a win next week away from making the playoffs.

Boltjolt
12-27-2010, 05:30 AM
He wasn't the same after the roids and definitely after he got injured. What was it that made you think that this year he was going to get back into being a top performer?

2nd year after reconstruction in his knee. He was limping a lot last year. As for the roids, I just dont think it was what you and most other opposing fans think it was.

Mile High Shack
12-27-2010, 07:29 AM
I hope Norv is a Bolt 4 life

boltaneer
12-27-2010, 10:00 AM
Next year is Norv's last chance.

broncofan2438
12-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Next year is Norv's last chance.

Whats the point? You already know what the end result is going to be. Can him now........nah forget that, sign him to an extension

Boogerboots
12-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Right. And Denver has won four games this year. Having ****ty luck with the injuries makes winning a whole lot tougher.

They definitely hurt the Chargers this year, but if Norv had realized that his special teams needed help before the season began rather than waiting for five blocked punts and six return touchdowns or whatever the final tally was, then his team would have a few more wins and wouldn't be eliminated right now. The Chargers definitely have some work to do this offseason.

Despite all the hardships that your Thunderstruck franchise has endured, they still made a go of it and props to them. That said, I still agree with the title of this thread mainly because of that nipple tweaker in your avatar... he is one hateful little bastage!!

It's not so bad now since LT jumped ship and "Lights Out" fell off the syringe...but damn I will continue to hate as long as that guy is chucking for your team... please understand it's a respectful kind of hate.

Congrats to the Ketchup and Mustard team. Enjoy your bun of victory until you get laid out by a giant wiener (Jets/Ravens/Steelers) in a few weeks time.

:chefstink

TheReverend
12-27-2010, 10:51 AM
If Denver can't get it, I suppose Haley deserves it more than the rest.

Peoples Champ
12-27-2010, 11:25 AM

I tried to pull that injury card 2 years ago when the Broncos blew a 3 game division lead with 3 weeks left to the chargers. We had 7 RBs on IR. We had to sign Tatum bell the thief from Verizon Wireless store.

Everyone has injuries, look at the colts and packers and steelers (palamalu).

Peoples Champ
12-27-2010, 11:30 AM
You didn't even really read what I wrote. You just saw 'injuries' and went off.

I'm not saying they didn't win the division because of injuries. They didn't win the division because they were not consistent week in and week out. One week they look like world beaters and the next week they lose to bad teams like the Seahawks.

What I'm saying is that I would have had no confidence in the team had they made the playoffs because of all the injuries at the skill positions at the moment, even with Rivers at the helm.

The same goes for the Colts. Peyton has been impressive with what he has to work with but that offense is a shell of what it used to be when he had more talent on the field.

Maybe the Colts will surprise but does anyone consider them a strong team in the playoffs this year?

BTW, Vincent Jackson looked like he was going through the motions today. I think he believed he cashed his paycheck last week with his monster game and has nothing left to prove. He's not going to go out there and blow out a knee at this point.

I see your not trying to pull the injury card, sorry bout that last post. They should have signed Jackson at the begining. Not only could they have used him, it caused a distraction in the locker room.

Because with the #1 defense in the NFL and Rivers at QB, there is no reason they should be 8-7.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

400HZ
12-27-2010, 12:30 PM
I tried to pull that injury card 2 years ago when the Broncos blew a 3 game division lead with 3 weeks left to the chargers. We had 7 RBs on IR. We had to sign Tatum bell the thief from Verizon Wireless store.

Everyone has injuries, look at the colts and packers and steelers (palamalu).

The Chargers had the same deal going with the receiver group. Jackson, Floyd, and Gates, their three premier receivers, all missed most of the season and then tried to play hurt. That was bad enough, but then the depth, Naanee and Crayton, went down too. Rivers gave us hope making some of the scrubs look good, but that turned out not to be sustainable.

Peyton Manning got all kinds of props for playing without Dallas Clark and Austin Collie, but he still had Reggie Wayne all year and Garcon only missed a couple games. When Phillip was rolling out with Seiji Ajirotutu, Kelley Washington, and Randy McMichael as his top options, we should have known that we were screwed. Cuz we were.

Peoples Champ
12-27-2010, 12:35 PM
The Chargers had the same deal going with the receiver group. Jackson, Floyd, and Gates, their three premier receivers, all missed most of the season and then tried to play hurt. That was bad enough, but then the depth, Naanee and Crayton, went down too. Rivers gave us hope making some of the scrubs look good, but that turned out not to be sustainable.

Peyton Manning got all kinds of props for playing without Dallas Clark and Austin Collie, but he still had Reggie Wayne all year and Garcon only missed a couple games. When Phillip was rolling out with Seiji Ajirotutu, Kelley Washington, and Randy McMichael as his top options, we should have known that we were screwed. Cuz we were.

But the 2007-08 Broncos and the Colts didnt have the NFLs number 1 ranked Defense.

In fact they were towards the bottom in ranked Defense.

A # 1 ranked defense should get you far. It got Orton/ Grossman to the superbowl even with injuries on offense.

So there has to be something else going on in the Chargers locker room that we dont know about, either that or they are overrated.

400HZ
12-27-2010, 02:47 PM
But the 2007-08 Broncos and the Colts didnt have the NFLs number 1 ranked Defense.

A # 1 ranked defense should get you far. It got Orton/ Grossman to the superbowl even with injuries on offense.

So there has to be something else going on in the Chargers locker room that we dont know about, either that or they are overrated.

It should have gotten us further than it did. Like the rest of the team, the defense was inconsistent. They made Tom Brady and Peyton Manning look absolutely pedestrian, but Jason Campbell was like Superman. Then turnovers and the disaster that was San Diego's special teams gave them lots and lots of short fields which inflated their yards against rank. San Diego was 8th in points allowed.

Peoples Champ
12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
It should have gotten us further than it did. Like the rest of the team, the defense was inconsistent. They made Tom Brady and Peyton Manning look absolutely pedestrian, but Jason Campbell was like Superman. Then turnovers and the disaster that was San Diego's special teams gave them lots and lots of short fields which inflated their yards against rank. San Diego was 8th in points allowed.

Sorry , a top 10 defense, i would love to have a top 10 D for the broncos

Vegas_Bronco
12-27-2010, 05:09 PM
I like tony moeaki...their rookie te...he's a fam friend. that is as much compliment as I can pay to anything chiefs.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I like tony moeaki...their rookie te...he's a fam friend. that is as much compliment as I can pay to anything chiefs.

Ask him if he remembers a guy by the name of Joe Mays.

ColoradoDarin
12-27-2010, 05:31 PM
ask him if he remembers a freight train by the name of joe mays.

fify :)

Boltjolt
12-27-2010, 05:47 PM

Its the Norv factor. I dont want to give him a last chance. I want him fired now.

Boltjolt
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM

ST's contributed to that.

broncswin
12-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I have to say that we have some of the more game savy bolt fans on this thread...like reading your input guys

400HZ
12-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Its the Norv factor. I dont want to give him a last chance. I want him fired now.

You know he won't be, but
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gowFTSDIBCo/SpFf4O7gZdI/AAAAAAAACSw/tPhT4mxZjs8/s400/praying.jpg

A lot of the weird **** that went on this year simply does not happen to well-coached teams.

Homer Simpson
12-27-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm glad because hopefully it will encourage Bowlen to hire an experienced GM and experienced coordinators to help out the head coach and not repeat the mistakes of the latter half of this decade.

DivineBronco
12-27-2010, 08:30 PM
HAPPY LATE X-MAS
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/27/chargers-sticking-with-g-m-coach/

it is almost like they want to lose so they can move to LA

Boltjolt
12-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I can assure you they do not want to move to LA and have been tryng very hard and spent a lot of money to stay in San Diego. It is the City and its god awful officials that are holding it up. The Padres baseball stadium construction got delayed two years after aproval because of BS like this.
The Chargers gave them a great offer years ago and the City blew it and didnt except. I dont want them to leave but at ths point i dont blame them if they do. The City of SD is screwed up with the yeahoo's they got running the joint.

Pick Six
12-27-2010, 11:17 PM

He has my favorite last name in the NFL. It just rolls off the tongue...:strong:

Cito Pelon
12-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with the OP. SD already has won more AFC titles in a row than any AFC West team in history. I have to give SD credit, they kicked the crap out of all the other teams in the Div from 2006-2009.

And SD was Div champs in 2004, so that is AFC West Championship banners for 5 of the past 6 years. No AFC West team can match that record, so my hat is off to the Chargers.

Archer81
12-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Thank God division titles = NFL Championships...

:Broncos: