PDA

View Full Version : ?

TailgateNut
12-24-2010, 12:34 PM
I have always wondered how many season ticket holders we have on the mane, and then looking at those numbers how many actually attend games.
I've met quite a few but there is a large "contingent" which has remained "annonymous", for lack of better terms.
In addition, how long have those people had those tix and how long do they intend to keep them. Also, if they were to give them back, what would be a reason for them to do so.

To the best of my recollection, going back 17 years (which is when I moved back home to Colorado), I've missed one Home Game (Medical reason) and one home pre-season game (My wedding out of state).

The last few years I've contemplated giving up, but always seem to pony up when the invoice arrives. This season has had me thinking even harder about calling it quits, but time will tell, as it always has. However, this year the motivation to call it quits seems to dominate more of my thoughts.
I wonder why?

Can't wait to see the opinions come back on that.

Killericon
12-24-2010, 12:42 PM
This is a heavy contender for the best thread title ever or the worst thread title ever. I cannot tell which.

baja
12-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Why am I getting an add sponsored by the Mexican Federal Police (Federalies) on this thread?

TailgateNut
12-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Got your attention, didn't it?

TailgateNut
12-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Why am I getting an add sponsored by the Mexican Federal Police (Federalies) on this thread?

It's actually LaMigra in disguise:wiggle:

Broncoman13
12-24-2010, 01:12 PM
I had season tix two years ago. I selected the budget restraints but it has more to do with work and family restraints rather than budget restraints, though $2k on tix is a bit much.

Love going to the games and probably would go to more if it wasn't $300 per game. Parking pass or a couple lightrail tix up to the game $25. Three or four beers, a little grub and snacks, another $50. Plus a couple hundred on tix. Yeah, it's cheaper to sit at home.

I think I miss hanging out with you guys before the game more than anything else though. You put on a great spread and I know it costs you a ton as well!

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 01:14 PM
You should root for another team.

TailgateNut
12-24-2010, 01:16 PM
Who???

FYI: it's just a poll.

Broncofan_H
12-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Go rain or shine...

...except on Sunday. We sold our tickets since it's the day after Christmas and I'd rather hang out at home with my kids.

TD4HOF
12-24-2010, 01:38 PM
?

serious hops
12-24-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm on the wait list-- can't say I'm all that eager as of right now, though. If they trot out Xanders and some third-rate hack of a coach as our new regime, I'm going to remove my name from the list. Not that they give a shiat, but that and refusing to buy any more merchandise is the only voice I get in the matter. I'll never jump on another team's bandwagon, but the Broncos won't get another cent of my hard-earned money if they won't make a legitimate effort to put a quality product on the field. I'm not going to support Donald Sterling.

Mogulseeker
12-24-2010, 02:18 PM
"Yes, I have tix and attend rain/shine, win/lose."
And
"Yes I have tix, but live out of town and can only attend a few games a season"

I have season tixs, but so far this year I've only attended the 49er game in London. I went to all the games last year, but it has been hard with my study abroad semester and my Navy career.

On the surface, I never considered myself a hardcore fan, but I must be addicted or something because I keep coming back and have had season tixs since my grandma signed them over to me in 1995.... no matter how bad the weather, no matter how bad the TEAM. Plus I have thousands of posts stretched across nearly 9 years on a fan site and have been to away games in Jacksonville, Miami, Dallas, New England, and freaking London.

So yeah, I guess I'm a Broncos fan.

Boomhauer
12-24-2010, 02:29 PM
? what's a tix ? is that like tourettes ?

RhymesayersDU
12-24-2010, 02:34 PM
About to wrap up my first year as a season ticket holder. Living down here in Albuquerque, we were able to hit 4 games this year. I was pretty happy with that. The schedule didn't help with a home game on the 26th (Christmas travel/family issues) and then on the 2nd (staying down here to party with friends).

Pony Boy
12-24-2010, 02:37 PM
The fact that there are 60" HD TV's with surround sound has to make an impact.

Taco John
12-24-2010, 02:38 PM
I live out of state, but if all goes well, I'd like to get season tickets in about 10 years and go with the boy on a regular basis. Will cost a lot to do so, but I think it would be worth it if I can swing it.

Chris
12-24-2010, 03:18 PM
If I lived in Denver... I would get season tickets.

If I had a lot of money... I would get season tickets and fly in for every home game.

orange crusher
12-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I've had season tickets for about 6-7 years. I used to go to more games than what I've gone to the last couple of years. I live out of state and it gets expensive. It also isn't much fun to spend all that time driving when the results have been what they have recently. You can call me a fair weather fan or whatever, just being honest. I've considered not renewing them just because it is about impossible to get anything out of the preseason tickets and I've taken a beating on the regular season lately too. I think it would probably be less of a hassle and less expensive to just buy single game tickets when I want to go.

oubronco
12-24-2010, 04:12 PM
If I lived there I would be at every game I could

Mogulseeker
12-24-2010, 04:15 PM
If I lived in Denver... I would get on the 16-year waiting list for season tickets.

If I had a lot of money... I would get season tickets and fly in for every home game.

Fixed it for you.

broncosteven
12-24-2010, 04:50 PM
I live out of state, but if all goes well, I'd like to get season tickets in about 10 years and go with the boy on a regular basis. Will cost a lot to do so, but I think it would be worth it if I can swing it.

Kinda what I am hoping for also. I am just afraid that with all the turmoil I might be eligible for Season tix before my son is old enough to travel that far that often.

orange crusher
12-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Fixed it for you.

Hardly a 16 year wait. It took me about 7 years.

ColoradoDarin
12-24-2010, 06:32 PM
No, I live out of state, but I pony up for Sunday Ticket (and the more expensive & crappier DirecTV) and we went to the Jacksonville game this year. Season tickets would be out of our budget if I was local though.

DHallblows
12-24-2010, 10:28 PM
My tickets are technically my moms, so I only make 7 or 8 games a year. She gets the other 2 or so.
The tickets themselves are option A, me personally is only option B :(

Chris
12-25-2010, 03:31 AM
Fixed it for you.

My grandpa had tickets for the broncos first four years :/

TailgateNut
12-25-2010, 03:39 AM
My grandpa had tickets for the broncos first four years :/

.and mine bought our first family SET in 66. He attended earlier games but didn't start our bad habits until later.:~ohyah!:

broncocalijohn
12-25-2010, 01:19 PM
I got my tickets in 95 after a 10/11th month wait. You will probably get the call when we have been sucking eggs. Your loyalty and fandom comes into play. Do you buy season tickets that you have been hoping for years but the team sucks or show that you really dont have that dream based now on the team record. If I declined back then, I wouldnt have had the opportunity to see the AFC Championship game vs the Jets which was Elway's last home game. Having season tickets is a title to be proud of. Other fans still get envious. Luckily for me, the games I cannot attend (which is many lately since I am stone cold broke) have been sold on the ticket exchange and only game I might eat is tomorrow's game. If you want two South Stands tickets 131 lower rows, PM me. $140 for both.

RhymesayersDU
12-25-2010, 01:23 PM
That new Ticket Exchange deal is sweet.

waz06
12-26-2010, 06:59 AM
Been buying season tickets from someone since TD's rookie season except for 1999 and 2000 when he would not sell them after we won 2 super bowls.
Would drive down from Laramie sometimes thru blizzards to attend the game.
These last 2 seasons have challenged my sanity and fanhood as we would rather leave games early than stay to boo my beloved broncos in disgust.
We are now getting ready to head down to see if Timmy is going to be our saviour.

Pick Six
12-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Since I can't go to every game, it's a waste of money to get season tickets. I'd love to get season tickets, if I lived in Colorado...

RhymesayersDU
12-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Since I can't go to every game, it's a waste of money to get season tickets. I'd love to get season tickets, if I lived in Colorado...

Not sure if you've heard, but there's this thing called the internet. On said internet, you can sell unused tickets via various outlets.

TailgateNut
12-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Not sure if you've heard, but there's this thing called the internet. On said internet, you can sell unused tickets via various outlets.

This season I've had to "give away" or "eat" 4 pairs and 1 single seat (over $500) Today, I actually gave on ticket to some guy whos' father had lost his ticket on the way to the stadium.

Yeah, you can sell tickets on the internet Hilarious! when the Broncos are winning, but you have to hold a gun to someones head to take tix now.

Taco John
12-26-2010, 07:41 PM
This season I've had to "give away" or "eat" 4 pairs and 1 single seat (over $500) Today, I actually gave on ticket to some guy whos' father had lost his ticket on the way to the stadium.

Yeah, you can sell tickets on the internet Hilarious! when the Broncos are winning, but you have to hold a gun to someones head to take tix now.

I bet that'll change virtually overnight after today's game. Nobody is going to miss any Tebow antics.

bronco militia
12-26-2010, 07:48 PM
todays game was fun. So was cutlers debut in 2006. this time the defense held.

I'm not sure what the big deal is about the no shows. I remember a few games with a lot of noshows in the past

missingnumber7
12-26-2010, 07:50 PM

I had to give away tickets to todays game as well. But I donated to VETTIX.ORG and get a tax writeoff in the end. i did that with my preseason tix as well.

broncosteven
12-26-2010, 07:55 PM

You can thank mCd for that.

It felt good to not only see a great comeback win but to see Tebow make an effort to seak out Kube's and shake his hand like a Pro rather than stomp around like a fool at a Nuremburg rally after a win.

missingnumber7
12-26-2010, 07:58 PM
I have season tickets, 1st season. And I love being able to pick which games we come down to. Driving 12 hours for games doesn't make every game possible, if I weren't a lowly CPT, and maybe was an AGR and not a Federal Technition. But the outcome hasn't determine weather we come to games or not. We have always planned to do at least 3 home games every year, and will be at our 3rd this weekend. And I was lucky enough to be conned into going to the Arizona game, thankyou uncle sam for paying my travel to pheonix for training.