rbackfactory80
12-24-2010, 12:28 PM
In Josh We Trust. We miss you Josh.

Sincerely,

The Oakland Raiders

Dagmar
12-24-2010, 12:42 PM
What a huge mistake!

I hope he goes to the Raiders and beat's Pat Bowlen like a drum for years to come. Embarrasses him for years and years.

Pat when you sell the team that will be a happy day for me. Go back th Canada and fish for carp.

Raiders fan, we don't CARE.

Hamrob
12-24-2010, 12:47 PM
I couldn't stand McD. But, really after having time to analyze the situation. My angst should be directed at ELLIS. I hate that guy!!! He hired McDaniels and then like a ****ing idiot...allowed him to do anything and everyone on hiw own.

Anyone with half a brain would have known that they needed to bring the young coach along...slowly!!! I mean he was 31 ****ing years old!!!

Had Ellis/Bowlen reeled in McD when the Cutler saga began...and forced him to concentrate on the areas that needed the most attention...i.e. the defense...well, who knows where we would be at right now.

McD was allowed to screw up too many times...why the hell wasn't somebody else stepping in...and giving the kid some counsel? Did they really think he was going to do it all by himself?

McD was a very smart and talented offensive coach...did he know personnel? Did he know how to hire a coaching staff? Did he know how to build a defense? All of these things that he had no clue about...and they just let him make mistake after mistake.

Had they forced him to focus on coaching...and not given him the keys to personnel decisions. I really think he would have come around.

And fans like me...would have been more tolerant of him as a coach...because he wouldn't have been the one makeing the decisions on Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Free Agents, The Draft etc. etc.

baja
12-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Raiders fan, we don't CARE.

Really you are like 14 years old right?

I hope so because if you are any older you got problems.

I remember you whining for months and months and pestered TJ endlessly about how Mock had insulted you when he told you to go back home. I thought at the time what a whiny baby you were.

I should warn you never go to the WPR forum you might die of butt hurt there.

Bronco Yoda
12-24-2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95600

Dagmar
12-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I have you on ignore, so all I will say is this, you spent 2 years telling people to move on from Cutler, Scheffler, Hillis etc, so why don't you move on from Josh. He's gone.

Move.

ON.

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Lololololololololol

I just pity you now. You should go root for whatever team Josh ends up with.

Actually, seeing you cry gives me joy. So stick around and keep the dream alive!!

TheReverend
12-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I can't even read anything baja posts because of the sweet ignore feature, but this thread is still full of so much win!

NFLBRONCO
12-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I couldn't stand McD. But, really after having time to analyze the situation. My angst should be directed at ELLIS. I hate that guy!!! He hired McDaniels and then like a ****ing idiot...allowed him to do anything and everyone on hiw own.

Anyone with half a brain would have known that they needed to bring the young coach along...slowly!!! I mean he was 31 ****ing years old!!!

Had Ellis/Bowlen reeled in McD when the Cutler saga began...and forced him to concentrate on the areas that needed the most attention...i.e. the defense...well, who knows where we would be at right now.

McD was allowed to screw up too many times...why the hell wasn't somebody else stepping in...and giving the kid some counsel? Did they really think he was going to do it all by himself?

McD was a very smart and talented offensive coach...did he know personnel? Did he know how to hire a coaching staff? Did he know how to build a defense? All of these things that he had no clue about...and they just let him make mistake after mistake.

Had they forced him to focus on coaching...and not given him the keys to personnel decisions. I really think he would have come around.

And fans like me...would have been more tolerant of him as a coach...because he wouldn't have been the one makeing the decisions on Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Free Agents, The Draft etc. etc.

I agree about Ellis and FO. McD should have stuck to coaching like they say they wanted after Shanny.

Kaylore
12-24-2010, 01:47 PM
We probably would have won more games this last part of the year with Josh at coach. And unfortunately, we need to lose more now. So I think firing Josh when we did ensured us a top five pick. Maybe higher.

serious hops
12-24-2010, 02:11 PM
LMFAO

Happy holidays, everybody.

go_broncos
12-24-2010, 02:11 PM
I think I'll start a thread:

Why Hiring Josh McDaniels was premature

I agree..That immature kid should never been hired in first place.

go_broncos
12-24-2010, 02:16 PM

Are you saying..you liked his playcalling??..
He sucks in that category too..

HILife
12-24-2010, 02:25 PM
We probably would have won more games this last part of the year with Josh at coach. And unfortunately, we need to lose more now. So I think firing Josh when we did ensured us a top five pick. Maybe higher.

COME ON #1 PiCK!!!

Boomhauer
12-24-2010, 02:25 PM
I think I'll start a thread:
Why Hiring Josh McDaniels was premature

This. If I was allowed back at DB.com, I'd reprint my Dennison for HC thread from two years ago, though my arguments for maintaining the best OL and running game in football no longer apply, he'd still make a great HC here in Denver.

HILife
12-24-2010, 02:26 PM
I agree..That immature kid should never been hired in first place.

Never miss an opportunity to spread your hate? It's apart of your very essence.

Taco John
12-24-2010, 02:42 PM
That video was touching Baja. Merry Christmas.

baja
12-24-2010, 02:45 PM
I can't even read anything baja posts because of the sweet ignore feature, but this thread is still full of so much win!

I notice you never miss a chance to declare to the board that you have me on ignore. Maybe you should look up the definition of the word "ignore" I think you have the wrong idea of what it means.

baja
12-24-2010, 02:48 PM
That video was touching Baja. Merry Christmas.

I thought is was a good message especially for the current posters here but not surprisingly it went over their heads.

Merry Christmas to you TJ and to everyone else too.

cmhargrove
12-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Please make it stop....

baja
12-24-2010, 02:52 PM
<b>I have you on ignore,</b> so all I will say is this, you spent 2 years telling people to move on from Cutler, Scheffler, Hillis etc, so why don't you move on from Josh. He's gone.

Move.

ON.

If only that were true.....

The fact that you neg rep almost every post of mine shows me that you don't have me on ignore

AlienBronco
12-24-2010, 02:54 PM
I thought is was a good message especially for the current posters here but not surprisingly it went over their heads.

Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year 2011, Baja

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Fail thread from the biggest douche on the Mane. Merry Christmas Baja, I hope your family let's you out of your play pen this year.

frerottenextelway
12-24-2010, 03:03 PM
A premature eradication problem?

IHaveALight
12-24-2010, 03:43 PM
you spent 2 years telling people to move on from Cutler, Scheffler, Hillis etc, so why don't you move on from Josh. He's gone.

This.

A couple months ago Baja was one of my favorite posters.
Now he's no different than the old Cutler nut huggers.
I like McDaniel’s and was hopeful he would turn it around up until he got fired.
And I still think he'll be a great coach some day.
But a stretch of 5 wins and 17 losses doesn't cut it in Bronco land.
You can't blame Bowlen for firing him after a stretch like that.

It's in the past now Baja, let it go and have hope that the future will be brighter.
There's more than one way to fry an egg, and the Broncos can sure as hell find someone else that can lead this team to glory.

baja
12-24-2010, 04:00 PM
This.

A couple months ago Baja was one of my favorite posters.
Now he's no different than the old Cutler nut huggers.
I like McDaniel’s and was hopeful he would turn it around up until he got fired.
And I still think he'll be a great coach some day.
But a stretch of 5 wins and 17 losses doesn't cut it in Bronco land.
You can't blame Bowlen for firing him after a stretch like that.

It's in the past now Baja, let it go and have hope that the future will be brighter.
There's more than one way to fry an egg, and the Broncos can sure as hell find someone else that can lead this team to glory.

Normally I would agree with you but I have lost faith in Pat Bowlen

He is a man without a plan and when you own a Pro football team that's not good.

IHaveALight
12-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Over one move?
To me, seems like you never had a problem with Bowlen until he fired McDaniel’s.
Do we need to go back and rewatch your little winter clip and think of Bowlen this time?

;)

baja
12-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Over one move?
To me, seems like you never had a problem with Bowlen until he fired McDaniel’s.
Do we need to go back and rewatch your little winter clip and think of Bowlen this time?

;)

It's not one move. As I have stated it started with having no real plan after he hired McD. First he was never going to give a HC as much power as Mike had than he proceeded to give the 31 year first time HC Shanahan powers. He mishandled Cutler (glad he's gone but mishandled non the less) Fired the Goodmans and did not bring in a real GM. Offer ed Champ a contract and just as Champ was about to sign it he unbelievably pulled it off the table. The finial straw in the case against Bowlen's decision making skills came when he fired Josh with 4 meaningless games remaining in a lost season. Add it all up and I think Bowlen has drifted off into la la land with Al Davis. This is why I am upset not solely because he fired Josh.

SureShot
12-24-2010, 04:19 PM
Pat Bowlen is a Gutless Drunk!

baja
12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Pat Bowlen is a Gutless Drunk!

I don't think he is either gutless or a drunk. I do think he is suffering from a mental disorder and that does not bode well for the Denver Broncos. When is the last time you saw him addressing the public. The last time was when he guaranteed Josh's job thru 2011 only to be forced to read a statement prepared by some one else that he had misspoke and they were evaluating Josh on a game by game basis.

Let's just hope I am wrong about Pat but there is much evidence saying other wise.

SureShot
12-24-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't think he is either gutless or a drunk. I do think he is suffering from a mental disorder and that does not bode well for the Denver Broncos. When is the last time you saw him addressing the public. The last time was when he guaranteed Josh's job thru 2011 only to be forced to read a statement prepared by some one else that he had misspoke and they were evaluating Josh on a game by game basis.

Let's just hope I am wrong about Pat but there is much evidence saying other wise.

Start here.

Broncos_OTM
12-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Did i find the womens knitting circle. damn man

Likwid Kerruj
12-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Things weren't getting any better.

He and the magic hoodie won't be missed.

broncosteven
12-24-2010, 05:17 PM

This thread is full of so much awesome I almost considered taking the troll off Ignore but seeing as I am not the only one who has him on ignore I think there is a real good reason it stays on.

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Things weren't getting any better.

He and the magic hoodie won't be missed.

The problem is that fools like Baja went anti-shanahan and Cutler when McDaniels was hired, because they don't understand football. They thought that talk and wanting could replace talent and ability. Baja, Popps and the like are all the same. Fools that would make this place so much better by never coming back.

baja
12-24-2010, 05:33 PM
The problem is that fools like Baja went anti-shanahan and Cutler when McDaniels was hired, because they don't understand football. They thought that talk and wanting could replace talent and ability. Baja, Popps and the like are all the same. Fools that would make this place so much better by never coming back.

Funny you should say that most people here feel that way about you

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Funny you should say that most people here feel that way about you

I'm sure you think that is true. Fact is, most people here hate McDaniels and bitches like you who support him. Not many people here like you dude. I know you think that because you have 50k + posts, people must like or respect you. They don't. You are a joke, a fool, a pathetic human being who worships people like Mock, who think McDaniels was a great hire, who don't respect how much better Cutler is than Orton.

Baja, just leave. You suck, most people think you suck, any no one cares about your pro-McDaniels position. I get more positive rep when I rip on you than when I post anything else. Leave. You suck. Your opinions suck.

baja
12-24-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm sure you think that is true. Fact is, most people here hate McDaniels and b****es like you who support him. Not many people here like you dude. I know you think that because you have 50k + posts, people must like or respect you. They don't. You are a joke, a fool, a pathetic human being who worships people like Mock, who think McDaniels was a great hire, who don't respect how much better Cutler is than Orton.

Baja, just leave. You suck, most people think you suck, any no one cares about your pro-McDaniels position. I get more positive rep when I rip on you than when I post anything else. Leave. You suck. Your opinions suck.

Start a poll and if more people vote me off the island that vote for you to leave I will go forever.

Here's your chance to be a hero.

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Start a poll and if more people vote me off the island that vote for you to leave I will go forever.

Here's your chance to be a hero.

The thing is, I don't care what people here think. I have a fantastic life, and unlike your sorry ass, I don't come here for friendship. I come for Broncos news and to slap down pathetic bitches like you.

And you've promised to leave before and backed off. You're a liar, a terrible broncos Fan, and not much of a man. I actually agree with Dagmar...based on your recent crap, your more of a Raider Fan. Go away little boy...you suck in every way.

broncogary
12-24-2010, 06:00 PM
The thing is, I don't care what people here think. I have a fantastic life, and unlike your sorry ass, I don't come here for friendship. I come for Broncos news and to slap down pathetic b****es like you.

And you've promised to leave before and backed off. You're a liar, a terrible broncos Fan, and not much of a man. I actually agree with Dagmar...based on your recent crap, your more of a Raider Fan. Go away little boy...you suck in every way.

That's the Christmas spirit. :~ohyah!:

baja
12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
The thing is, I don't care what people here think. I have a fantastic life, and unlike your sorry ass, I don't come here for friendship. I come for Broncos news and to slap down pathetic b****es like you.

Ah the beauty of the Internet you can say things you would never dare utter to someone's face. I would have been kinda fun to have the chance to collapse your wind pipe and watch you try and continue your mouthy ways while you are sucking for air.

Carry on brave boy.

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 06:07 PM
That's the Christmas spirit. :~ohyah!:

Lol, touché. You're right. Baja, I apologize for my remarks. We are all Broncos fans here, so let us unite in hope of better days to come! :yayaya:

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Ah the beauty of the Internet you can say things you would never dare utter to someone's face. I would have been kinda fun to have the chance to collapse your wind pipe and watch you try and continue your mouthy ways while you are sucking for air.

Carry on brave boy.

Lol, Internet tough guy.

Hey Taco, what are the rules for threatening violence against other posters? Is that something you ban for?

broncogary
12-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Lol, touché. You're right. Baja, I apologize for my remarks. We are all Broncos fans here, so let us unite in hope of better days to come! :yayaya:

I don't want my UT-ex Jester Dorm-ex buddies to look bad. I lived there fall '73 and spring '74. :wave:

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't want my UT-ex Jester Dorm-ex buddies to look bad. I lived there fall '73 and spring '74. :wave:

Austin is such awesome place. Much more deserving of a pro franchise than places like Jacksonville.

UberBroncoMan
12-24-2010, 06:37 PM
What kind of Broncos fans wishes an ex-coach to beat the **** out of our team just to make a point to the owner.

ColoradoDarin
12-24-2010, 06:38 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMtuVP8Mj4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMtuVP8Mj4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncogary
12-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Austin is such awesome place. Much more deserving of a pro franchise than places like Jacksonville.

Probably not a good place for a pro franchise. Too much competition from UT.

Jesterhole
12-24-2010, 06:46 PM
What kind of Broncos fans wishes an ex-coach to beat the **** out of our team just to make a point to the owner.

POS fans like Baja. He is so butt-hurt that he hopes for McDaniels success above our own. He isn't a real fan, nor is he a real man. He is the scum that collects on the edge of a pond. A pathetic white trash fan than just doesn't really understand football

serious hops
12-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't hold back. . . tell us what you really think.

LOL

Broncos_OTM
12-24-2010, 06:59 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMtuVP8Mj4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xMtuVP8Mj4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That man should go back to his day job.

broncogary
12-24-2010, 07:01 PM

That is his day job. Why do you think he's wearing sunglasses? :sunshine:

ColoradoDarin
12-24-2010, 07:02 PM

Yes, baja should, or at least go fishing with McDaniels...

Hamrob
12-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you saying..you liked his playcalling??..
He sucks in that category too..No, I didn't like the play calling. But, the play calling fit the QB. McD called alot of different plays for Brady then he did Cassell...Orton was simply managed by McD.

The thing that killed McD was not having a running game. It wasn't so much the playcalling as it was the fact that because Moreno was average at best and the interior offensive line sucked...that he had to call crap games.

I'm certainly not trying to make him out to be more than he is. Hell, I bagged on him move than 90% of the folks on this board. I just think he is a talented young man who...shouldn't have been given the keys to the kingdon before he proved he could be trusted with it.

16slayer24
12-24-2010, 07:54 PM
stupid commentary i dont remember cutler ever being traded for kyle orton maybe you can clue me in

~Crash~
12-24-2010, 08:02 PM

A+ :strong:

listopencil
12-25-2010, 12:16 AM
No, I didn't like the play calling. But, the play calling fit the QB. McD called alot of different plays for Brady then he did Cassell...Orton was simply managed by McD.

The thing that killed McD was not having a running game. It wasn't so much the playcalling as it was the fact that because Moreno was average at best and the interior offensive line sucked...that he had to call crap games.

I'm certainly not trying to make him out to be more than he is. Hell, I bagged on him move than 90% of the folks on this board. I just think he is a talented young man who...shouldn't have been given the keys to the kingdon before he proved he could be trusted with it.

Yep

listopencil
12-25-2010, 12:30 AM
blah blah blah

blah blah blah

http://www.baconbabble.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/demotivational-posters-natural-selection-yes-it-do.jpg

dsmoot
12-25-2010, 05:46 AM

Thank you for the link. Certainly something we should reflect on quite often to keep our compass going in the correct direction in all our relationships.

As for how it might apply to Josh McDaniels, I think the single biggest issue Josh had was his maturity dealing with people and an overconfidence in his ability/experience to make independent macro decisions concerning the franchise. I believe he is smart and has great football potential as a head coach. He has much to learn and didn't have the experience of failures to absorb or realize many of the lessons his mentor in NE had already gone through in Cleveland.

The only person that had NFL senior coaching experience (coordinator or higher) on his staff, he had conflict and ultimately ran him off and replaced him with one with less experience. What stands out about the Chiefs situation, last year to this year, is the maturity/experience around Haley. Of course, Haley isn't the GM.

Given all of this and perfect hindsight, Bowlen made a mistake, placing Josh in a low success probability situation when he gave him the ultimate say in critical areas within the organization.

All this really doesn't matter now, the situation was probably irrepairable and Josh needed to go. At that point, I see it made little difference to let him finish out the year. If anything, it sent a message to the players that change is definitely coming, you better show us what you got.

dsmoot
12-25-2010, 05:51 AM

Excellent post. If I had read far enough ahead, I would have never responded to the original post. I could not have said it better.

baja
12-25-2010, 06:53 AM
Thank you for the link. Certainly something we should reflect on quite often to keep our compass going in the correct direction in all our relationships.

As for how it might apply to Josh McDaniels, I think the single biggest issue Josh had was his maturity dealing with people and an overconfidence in his ability/experience to make independent macro decisions concerning the franchise. I believe he is smart and has great football potential as a head coach. He has much to learn and didn't have the experience of failures to absorb or realize many of the lessons his mentor in NE had already gone through in Cleveland.

The only person that had NFL senior coaching experience (coordinator or higher) on his staff, he had conflict and ultimately ran him off and replaced him with one with less experience. What stands out about the Chiefs situation, last year to this year, is the maturity/experience around Haley. Of course, Haley isn't the GM.

Given all of this and perfect hindsight, Bowlen made a mistake, placing Josh in a low success probability situation when he gave him the ultimate say in critical areas within the organization.

All this really doesn't matter now, the situation was probably irrepairable and Josh needed to go. At that point, I see it made little difference to let him finish out the year. If anything, it sent a message to the players that change is definitely coming, you better show us what you got.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Christmas message. Thank you for acknowledging it.

I would also like to thank you for your excellent post. You make some very good points that I had not considered. You post has helped me to feel a little better about the situation and I am grateful for that. The thing that is still troubling is the root problem is still affecting the Broncos. Pat Bowlen has to be held responsible for putting Josh in the position to fail (as you point out). What reason is there to think he will get it right this time?

elsid13
12-25-2010, 07:38 AM

What wrong with the "pro" team you already have???

PS - Austin is a great city.

Meck77
12-25-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm tearing up. Broncos football will be back people. Toughen up!

oubronco
12-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I'm tearing up. Broncos football will be back people. Toughen up!

Woohoo :approve:

zdoor
12-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed the Christmas message. Thank you for acknowledging it.

I would also like to thank you for your excellent post. You make some very good points that I had not considered. You post has helped me to feel a little better about the situation and I am grateful for that. The thing that is still troubling is the root problem is still affecting the Broncos. Pat Bowlen has to be held responsible for putting Josh in the position to fail (as you point out). What reason is there to think he will get it right this time?

He's really only screwed up once. He's deserving of some understanding from fans. He's been a great owner for a long time and to me, that buys him some chances

Meck77
12-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Woohoo :approve:

It's just all pretty silly to me OU.

The noble truths apply to the Broncos and anything in else in life for that matter. It takes suffering to realize happiness. We're just in a period of pain.

http://www.thebigview.com/buddhism/fourtruths.html

1. Life means suffering.

To live means to suffer, because the human nature is not perfect and neither is the world we live in. During our lifetime, we inevitably have to endure physical suffering such as pain, sickness, injury, tiredness, old age, and eventually death; and we have to endure psychological suffering like sadness, fear, frustration, disappointment, and depression. Although there are different degrees of suffering and there are also positive experiences in life that we perceive as the opposite of suffering, such as ease, comfort and happiness, life in its totality is imperfect and incomplete, because our world is subject to impermanence. This means we are never able to keep permanently what we strive for, and just as happy moments pass by, we ourselves and our loved ones will pass away one day, too.

Triplelefthook
12-25-2010, 11:46 AM
Of course it was premature... regardless if you liked him or hated him or liked his moves or hated his moves he was not given enough time to build his team

TheReverend
12-26-2010, 05:34 AM
He's really only screwed up once. He's deserving of some understanding from fans. He's been a great owner for a long time and to me, that buys him some chances

I feel like he's only been correct once... Wade, Mike, Josh. He's batting .333

Merlin
12-26-2010, 03:35 PM
We probably would have won more games this last part of the year with Josh at coach.
Based on what? His brilliant record in the past 22 games? The brilliant coaches he surrounded himself with? There is absolutely no reason to assume he could have won one more game. He lost the benefit of the doubt long ago, and to still suggest he deserves it is bewildering to say the least.