PDA

View Full Version : Nate Jackson once more rages agaisnt the machine

Inkana7
12-23-2010, 11:07 AM
I love this guy's writing

http://deadspin.com/5716102/what-happens-on-a-directional-punt-and-why-coughlin-shouldnt-have-lost-his-****

McDman
12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
There's a lot of hate for Jackson around here but he tells it like it is. Just bc he wasn't especially good does not mean he doesn't know how the game works or the locker room functions. I like reading what hr has to write.

DHallblows
12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Nice writing Nate! :thumbs:

PRBronco
12-23-2010, 11:40 AM
There's a lot of hate for Jackson around here but he tells it like it is. Just bc he wasn't especially good does not mean he doesn't know how the game works or the locker room functions. I like reading what hr has to write.

Unjustified hate at that. It's not like he ever did anything wrong, he just got hurt a lot. When he got to play he was very sure handed. And he spit hot fiyah. What's not to like?

razorwire77
12-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Nate is a more talented sports writer than NFL football player. Definitely a good read.

bendog
12-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Why I'd hate to have Tom "turn your head and" Coughlin

Triplelefthook
12-23-2010, 12:53 PM
its a good piece... but Dodge still should have kicked it out of bounds, no?

broncosteven
12-23-2010, 01:16 PM
I liked Nate the one time I got to meet him.

Beantown Bronco
12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
its a good piece... but Dodge still should have kicked it out of bounds, no?

I'd like to see the odds of a punt return for a TD vs a Vick hail mary TD attempt on the next play, which was the likely outcome of kicking it short and out of bounds. Both have to be pretty slim at that point.

Triplelefthook
12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
I'd like to see the odds of a punt return for a TD vs a Vick hail mary TD attempt on the next play, which was the likely outcome of kicking it short and out of bounds. Both have to be pretty slim at that point.

Absolutely agreed. The coach seems to have deemed the Vick Hail Mary option as the less likely occurence. I think Coughlin is definitely on edge right now, he may be on the hot seat if the Giants miss the playoffs. We all know, as N/Jackson states, that there is a lot that goes into every football play.... I still say the guy should have kicked it out of bounds. Tough play? Certainly.... but you have to make it.