PDA

View Full Version : Xanders' lack of integrity

vercingetorix
12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/popular/ci_14451686

"I had actually interviewed coaches such as Mike Singletary, Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, Jim Caldwell and Jason Garrett," Xanders said. "Of the 17 interviews I've been through, I was excited the most about Josh coming to Denver."
Soon after McDaniels was hired, Xanders was promoted to general manager.

"Many football people say in this league you cannot have success or build a winning program unless the general manager and the head coach are on the same page," Xanders said. "That's what we have here."

Read more: Broncos coach McDaniels, GM Xanders on same page - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/popular/ci_14451686#ixzz18xWTHJQ1
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse [/QUOTE]

Now that Xanders is trying to distance himself from McDaniels, does anyone else think less of him after reading this? In his own words, he was part of the problem. There it is in black and white.

Beantown Bronco
12-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Great bump. An interesting and timely find with some excellent quotes.

bendog
12-23-2010, 11:17 AM
He's a cap guy, not a scouting guy. McD had personnel control, and the team wasn't big enough for him and the Goodman's. I don't really like or dislike the guy. He's not the problem and never was. The problem is a paygrade or two higher.

zdoor
12-23-2010, 11:19 AM
This is funny.... Compare it to this (from DPO):
"We have a 17-person personnel staff that had been going through all those processes. But he had final say," Xanders said. "I'll just say I was respectful of the organizational setup."

Read more: Xanders would welcome empowered GM role - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16892477?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com#ixzz18xb7Rkxj

bendog
12-23-2010, 11:24 AM
God help us if he's making personnel decisions.

zdoor
12-23-2010, 11:25 AM
God help us if he's making personnel decisions.

No kidding, especially if, as some articles state he pushed the Smith trade....

Traveler
12-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Damn! Did he throw McDaniels under the bus or what?

bendog
12-23-2010, 11:29 AM
No kidding, especially if, as some articles state he pushed the Smith trade....

I mean I was fine with keeping him to do contracts and cap, but DAMN when Ellis mentioned having a GM with more power, I thought along the lines of a Homgren or Levy or Jerry Reese type. This kind of crap is exactly how Bowlen has wrecked this franchise.

vercingetorix
12-23-2010, 11:30 AM
This is funny.... Compare it to this (from DPO):
"We have a 17-person personnel staff that had been going through all those processes. But he had final say," Xanders said. "I'll just say I was respectful of the organizational setup."

Read more: Xanders would welcome empowered GM role - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16892477?IADID=Search-www.denverpost.com-www.denverpost.com#ixzz18xb7Rkxj

Yeah, Im not sure which is worse, the fact that he's not qualified or that he's an opportunist that lacks integrity.

The front office should be pushing for competence and accountability. Sorry but Xanders represents the opposite and his own words make that obvious.

PRBronco
12-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Im not sure which is worse, the fact that he's not qualified or that he's an opportunist that lacks integrity.

The front office should be pushing for competence and accountability. Sorry but Xanders represents the opposite and his own words makes that obvious.

It's neither. His goatee is his worst offense.

Coke Dealer
12-23-2010, 11:39 AM
montrose needs to be branded with his Xanders' avatar. Don't cop out now and start jizzing on Tebow. You deserve to have Josh McDaniels' hemorrhoids as your Adopt-a-Bronco.

jhns
12-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Or he is just a yes man and went along with the coach that was trying to pass off blame...

I said this the day that article came out. Xanders is a cap guy. He has been a cap guy for years. Why would anyone believe he is making personnel decisions? If he is/was making personnel decisions, it would really help explain why they have been so bad. Between a cap guy and a rookie, what could we really expect to happen?

Please Bowlen, hire a real GM this time...

TheReverend
12-23-2010, 11:50 AM
The whole FO lacks integrity...

Homer Simpson
12-23-2010, 12:23 PM
I thought posting entire articles from the DP was banned?

Lev Vyvanse
12-23-2010, 12:32 PM

OP should edit.

PRBronco
12-23-2010, 12:34 PM
OP should edit.

Lacks integrity imo.

HAT
12-23-2010, 12:37 PM

Speaking of bans....Are the mods pretty much OK with ghosting now if you have been banned (Either temporary or permanent) ?

They say vercing is lex, I'm pretty sure likwid kerruj is wolfpackguy and it now seems that coke dealer is obviously someone else.

I need to dust off my other username from last year & find the PW just in case.

:thumbsup:

Homer Simpson
12-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I was just concerned about the site that's all, I heard they did some nasty things to people who messed with their copyright. That's all. Legal nasty, not beating nasty! Doh!

SpringStein
12-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Success has many mothers; failure is an orphan.

Bigdawg26
12-23-2010, 01:07 PM

"I had actually interviewed coaches such as Mike Singletary, Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, Jim Caldwell and Jason Garrett," Xanders said. "Of the 17 interviews I've been through, I was excited the most about Josh coming to Denver."

"Many football people say in this league you cannot have success or build a winning program unless the general manager and the head coach are on the same page," Xanders said. "That's what we have here."

Read more: Broncos coach McDaniels, GM Xanders on same page - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/popular/ci_14451686#ixzz18xWTHJQ1
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Now that Xanders is trying to distance himself from McDaniels, does anyone else think less of him after reading this? In his own words, he was part of the problem. There it is in black and white.[/QUOTE]

So he says he has interviews with Mike Singletary, Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, Jim Caldwell and Jason Garrett and he likes Josh McDaniels the most???? :spit:....C'Mon man Seriously!!!

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
12-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Success has many mothers; failure is an orphan.

The Boss! Ay-Yay-Yay!

go_broncos
12-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Xanders should have been fired along with Mcd..

NFLBRONCO
12-23-2010, 01:18 PM

No doubt but, our owner has turned retarded keeping him around makes sense now.

NFLBRONCO
12-23-2010, 01:21 PM
Now that Xanders is trying to distance himself from McDaniels, does anyone else think less of him after reading this? In his own words, he was part of the problem. There it is in black and white.

So he says he has interviews with Mike Singletary, Rex Ryan, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Smith, Jim Caldwell and Jason Garrett and he likes Josh McDaniels the most???? :spit:....C'Mon man Seriously!!![/QUOTE]

Good interviews don't guarantee success though ie Hawkins and McD.

razorwire77
12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Ugh. It's going continue to get worse for this franchise, if he's doing anything other than managing the cap and working with contracts. I really hope this is all smoke and that Bowlen does the right thing.

Kaylore
12-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't know why everyone's shocked. Of course he's going to say all the bad decisions were exclusively McDaniels' and the ones that worked out he at least agreed with, if not suggested himself. And of course he said he's on board with the new coach. The guy knows who signs his paychecks.

The dude is on thin ice and knows he's a phone call away from throwing all his things in a cardboard box.

Likwid Kerruj
12-23-2010, 01:53 PM
He's gone unless he takes a demotion back to cap watcher.

cutthemdown
12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
If Xanders is around to make our picks Broncos will continue to stink. The guy is a moron and has to go.

vercingetorix
12-23-2010, 04:53 PM

I'm new and didn't realize.

Sorry.

Blueflame
12-23-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm new and didn't realize.

Sorry.

There's a "sticky" thread on this topic at the top of the page... ::)

Hamrob
12-23-2010, 09:45 PM
It will be Xanders/Elway along with the new HC making the calls together collectively.

If they concentrate on our needs (Defense, TE, RB) I'm fine with it.

Personally, I thought McDaniels/Xanders did a very good job in last years draft. Everybody likes to beat up on McD for trading a 2nd 3rd and 4th to get Tebow. But, what they conveniately leave out, is that McD engineered a series of trades to pick up those extra picks for the oppurtunity to get Tebow.

Our target was Thomas (to replace Marshall) and McDaniels found a way to get both Tebow and Marshall with the number 11 pick of the draft. Kudos to him.

So, if we can shift gears to defense this year with Xanders/Elway/HC...I'm fine with it.

IHaveALight
12-23-2010, 10:27 PM
It will be Xanders/Elway along with the new HC making the calls together collectively.

If they concentrate on our needs (Defense, TE, RB) I'm fine with it.

Personally, I thought McDaniels/Xanders did a very good job in last years draft. Everybody likes to beat up on McD for trading a 2nd 3rd and 4th to get Tebow. But, what they conveniately leave out, is that McD engineered a series of trades to pick up those extra picks for the oppurtunity to get Tebow.

Our target was Thomas (to replace Marshall) and McDaniels found a way to get both Tebow and Marshall with the number 11 pick of the draft. Kudos to him.

So, if we can shift gears to defense this year with Xanders/Elway/HC...I'm fine with it.

I agree.

There are only four bad personnel decisions from the Xanders / McD era IMO.
1. Trading a first for Alphonso.
2. Trading up for Quinn.
3. Trading Hillis.
4. Signing Jarvis Green.

The Alphonso and Hillis deals were huge blunders, but still two mistakes a year isn't bad at all. Shanahan used to have what 5+?

I liked the direction the team was going as far as getting tuff, smart, physical, high character guys. I hope the team continues to go in that direction. And maybe by keeping Xanders on they will.

I wouldn't mind Xanders staying on as GM at all.

HAT
12-23-2010, 10:39 PM
There's a "sticky" thread on this topic at the top of the page... ::)

If he's 'new'...I'm Santas 10th reindeer.

HAT
12-23-2010, 10:40 PM

On what merit? Can I get a link to X's inept decisions? Thanks in advance!

Lev Vyvanse
12-23-2010, 10:46 PM
On what merit? Can I get a link to X's inept decisions? Thanks in advance!

If you believe X he has never made a decision. Sign me up.

ton80
12-24-2010, 12:36 AM

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Now that Xanders is trying to distance himself from McDaniels, does anyone else think less of him after reading this? In his own words, he was part of the problem. There it is in black and white.[/QUOTE]

Please tie these quotes to the notion of Xanders having a lack of integrity. Please. What's the connection. What leads one to the other.