PDA

View Full Version : Pat bowlen.... You...

Popps
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
... are still the best owner in football. You brought us two championships, and knew when it was time to move on. You took a chance on an up and coming offensive mind, and had the confidence to make the change when you thought it was right, again.

You can't be successful without taking chances.

Now, go out and get the right guy.... and cement your legacy further in Broncos history.

HILife
12-06-2010, 09:34 PM
gutless drunk?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.mypassionisfootball.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/PatBowlen.jpg

I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Dr.5280
12-06-2010, 09:35 PM
... are still the best owner in football. You brought us two championships, and knew when it was time to move on. You took a chance on an up and coming offensive mind, and had the confidence to make the change when you thought it was right, again.

Now, go out and get the right guy.... and cement your legacy further in Broncos history.

Amen

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
This move alone barks of desparation. Bowlen's next hire should be a real GM, then a HC. Let's see if Pat has learned anything...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM

Rep!

spdirty
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
If he lets Elway start running **** in the organization, I'm a Bowlen lover again. But there is a lot of work to be done before this team even starts to head in the right direction.

Honestly though, all the spin, all the contradictions, and all the pointless lies coming from the organization the last 2 years have really tarnished his reputation. Hopefully today is the start of a rebuilding of our/his reputation.

But good post popps. Time to heal, time to start fresh and time to start getting along again.

Chris
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Bowlen if you don't get this one right please **** yourself.

orangemonkey
12-06-2010, 09:46 PM

Salud! Now, let's get it right.

baja
12-06-2010, 09:48 PM

Nope. He's lost it. Firing McD now makes no sense. He is letting the media & fans make decisions for him.

One minute he says Josh will be back in 2011. Two hours Ellis writes a statement for Pat to read (using small words) saying he will be evaluated going forward. Three days later he fires him. You call the the actions of "The best owner in sports" Bowlen has become a buffoon of al davis magnitude.

You can't be successful changing your mind every five minutes either.

broncocalijohn
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Popps, u are correct. There were a few that wouldnt give McDaniels a chance based on their love of Shanny or that McD was from the patriots organization, but Bowlen made a brave move for the firing of Shanahan and hiring a very young Offensive minded coach. By firing him now, he is admitting his mistakes. The only problem I have is that he didnt learn from Shanahan's past and let McD have full control when he was a rookie coach.

Tombstone RJ
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
If Bowlen hires another HC and gives him the final say on everything, outside of maybe Bill Parcells, it's a mistake.

broncos-rock
12-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Nope. He's lost it. Firing McD now makes no sense. He is letting the media & fans make decisions for him.

One minute he says Josh will be back in 2011. Two hours Ellis writes a statement for Pat to read (using small words) saying he will be evaluated going forward. Three days later he fires him. You call the the actions of "The best owner in sports" Bowlen has become a buffoon of al davis magnitude.

+1
I'll add that I think he made this decision because he is sick and couldnt wait for McDaniels to win. It was interesting listening to Brandon Lloyd saying it would have taken McDaniels 6 years to build his team.

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2010, 10:08 PM
We talk a lot about Josh learning things. Well I hope Bowlen's learned a few things from this as well.

The MVPlaya
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
I think Rooney is. Then Kraft. Then maybe Bowlen.

bpc
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Bowlen has delivered some good, some bad. I'm ready for more good.

Here's the deal... rebounds never work and obviously that is what McD was for this franchise. It was never going to work out but we fell in love anyways.

On to the next candidate. This hire will be HUGE. If Pat's smart, he wipes out the fake GM we have as well and puts a proper hierarchy in place.

Chris
12-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Bowlen has delivered some good, some bad. I'm ready for more good.

Here's the deal... rebounds never work and obviously that is what McD was for this franchise. It was never going to work out but we fell in love anyways.

On to the next candidate. This hire will be HUGE. If Pat's smart, he wipes out the fake GM we have as well and puts a proper hierarchy in place.

We've been on the rebound since September 99 man.

orangemonkey
12-06-2010, 10:14 PM
I think Rooney is. Then Kraft. Then maybe Bowlen.

Nope. Kraft is a convicted cheater who re-paid Bellicheat's $500k cheating fine and kept him on the payroll. Bowlen fired the cheater.

bpc
12-06-2010, 10:16 PM
We've been on the rebound since September 99 man.

I don't feel like going over this again. We played in the AFC Championship game as late as 2005, when we knocked off the two time defending super bowl championship patriots. We had other opportunities in the playoffs. Just lost to teams which had better players than us, not necessarily better coaches.

strafen
12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Bowlen if you don't get this one right please **** yourself.

Wow, you're basically insulting the owner of our team for having fired an incompetent head coach?

The MVPlaya
12-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Nope. Kraft is a convicted cheater who re-paid Bellicheat's $500k cheating fine and kept him on the payroll. Bowlen fired the cheater.

I'd like to know how McDaniels cheated.

Only an idiot would fire Bill... he'll still go down as one of, if not, the greatest coach of all time regardless of the spygate.

orangemonkey
12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I'd like to know how McDaniels cheated.

Only an idiot would fire Bill... he'll still go down as one of, if not, the greatest coach of all time regardless of the spygate.

It's very clear to me why you still support McDaniels. No need for us to debate this any further.

OBF1
12-06-2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.mypassionisfootball.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/PatBowlen.jpg

Is it just me? I think that coat if off the hook.

Requiem
12-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Pat Bowlen you did it again you sexy beeyatch!

listopencil
12-06-2010, 11:11 PM

That's just straight pimpin'. Can't fault the man for that.

DivineBronco
12-06-2010, 11:54 PM
this man is in the early stages of a disease there is no cure for.....we really need to stop talking about him like he is the man he was a decade ago......I can't believe we are all just ignoring this

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2010, 11:57 PM
embrace the madness.

GO WITH IT!

baja
12-07-2010, 12:01 AM
this man is in the early stages of a disease there is no cure for.....we really need to stop talking about him like he is the man he was a decade ago......I can't believe we are all just ignoring this

I'm not.

Want a good laugh come back here when the next coach proceeds to lose 17 out of 20 games. Rinse and repeat.

Taco John
12-07-2010, 12:04 AM

What are you even talking about?

baja
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM
Fuddieduddieness.

HAT
12-07-2010, 12:06 AM
I'm not.

Want a good laugh come back here when the next coach proceeds to lose 17 out of 20 games. Rinse and repeat.

I didn't want this to happen either baja....A lot of us didn't.

But while your scenario COULD happen, there's no sense getting THAT gloom and doom until we at least see what kind of staff the FO puts together.

Popps
12-07-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm not.

I feel your frustration, man... but I think you've got to look at it from his point of view. It's a business venture, and the PR had just gotten out of control. I'm fairly confident that he would have stuck it out for this and maybe next year, save for this camera-gate nonsense. I just had a feeling it would be something that McDaniels couldn't overcome without rattling off a bunch of victories, and we're just too beat up and not a complete enough team to do that at this stage.

I think Pat had the right idea... planned to stick with it, but got knocked off course by a bunch of circumstances that just seemed to be snowballing.

I don't think it was knee-jerk at all. In fact, firing him now instead of at season's end tells me there was probably a non-football reason involved.

Hang in there, brother. Scrapping and starting over is frustrating, but he's a quality owner and I believe he'll make a good decision.

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Someone get a 2 x 4 and put baja out of his misery. He's way past last call right now. I got a rock bar handy. But that might hurt a little bit.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 12:11 AM
Someone get a 2 x 4 and put baja out of his misery. He's way past last call right now. I got a rock bar handy. But that might hurt a little bit.

Leave Popps alone and save that 2 by 4 for Baja. Clearly he cant let go. As much as Popps was wrong and lost his Dad, he is ready to move on. Baja is probably on a tequila binge right now.

baja
12-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I feel your frustration, man... but I think you've got to look at it from his point of view. It's a business venture, and the PR had just gotten out of control. I'm fairly confident that he would have stuck it out for this and maybe next year, save for this camera-gate nonsense. I just had a feeling it would be something that McDaniels couldn't overcome without rattling off a bunch of victories, and we're just too beat up and not a complete enough team to do that at this stage.

I think Pat had the right idea... planned to stick with it, but got knocked off course by a bunch of circumstances that just seemed to be snowballing.

I don't think it was knee-jerk at all. In fact, firing him now instead of at season's end tells me there was probably a non-football reason involved.

Hang in there, brother. Scrapping and starting over is frustrating, but he's a quality owner and I believe he'll make a good decision.

Sorry Popps, Bowlen shiit the bed on this one. He caved in to outside pressure and he will again when the next coach fails to rebuild in a season and a half. We've all seen this act before with other teams and now it's happening to the Broncos. Pat has become the Gutless drunk TJ pegged him for 2 years before he actually was one. I don't know if he is a drunk but he sure as hell is not making good business decisions. If you think so tell me how firing McD Now is a good decision.

Popps
12-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Leave Popps .

You need help, dude. Seriously.

http://tvrecappersanonymous.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/fatal-attraction-6451.jpg

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2010, 12:15 AM
I doubt we have all the info on spygate2. Seriously.

colonelbeef
12-07-2010, 02:18 AM

Still has a few surprises up his sleeve.

My favorite owner in sports- I still have faith

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Leave Popps alone and save that 2 by 4 for Baja. Clearly he cant let go. As much as Popps was wrong and lost his Dad, he is ready to move on. Baja is probably on a tequila binge right now.

I second this

colonelbeef
12-07-2010, 02:30 AM
I'm not.

McDaniels purged this team of talent. There are monster holes on both sides of the ball, whereas when Shanahan left the team was halfway completed and in place, with a few key components on the defensive side in Dumervil and Bailey and a new K in Prater.

Now there is no QB in place- Orton is mediocre at best and Tebow is an unknown, the TEs are a mess, the OL is a mess due to coaching and poor schemes, and the defense is as bad as it ever was.

Look at it this way- McDaniels took a young, offensively talented 8-8 team and ruined it to the point where it's now a 4-12 team with less talent and less picks. We are bottom feeders now. Losing season can mean 7-9 with a lot of progress talent wise.

Requiem
12-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Purged this team of talent? LOL.

Yeah, he sure purged it.

What a bunch of piss.

Hulamau
12-07-2010, 02:48 AM

Right on Popps, they gave it everything they could, Josh in particular, it just didnt work out for a multitude of reasons. Time to lock and load ... onward and upward.

I had a dream last night here in Holland he was fired and I rarely .. as in never ... dream of head coaches :-). Must have picked up on the vibe going on in Denver .... HA!

Thanks to Josh for his sincere effort and better luck at his next opportunity Now lets find a winner who can put the whole show in motion again within the next couple of years!

Broncos forever!

colonelbeef
12-07-2010, 02:51 AM

Yeah, he sure purged it.

What a bunch of piss.

Only an irrational bronco fan would be unable to see this.

I know it's difficult to imagine, but outside of your orange colored sunglasses, Jay Cutler is leading the Bears to the playoffs, while the Broncos circle the toilet with Kyle "Patron Saint of Mediocrity" Orton.

I know that you don't enjoy facts, but please, feel free to argue 8-8 with a younger roster vs the inevitable 4-12 and an older roster.

I'll help you- the Broncos are older and less talented, just as the record indicates. Just as anybody outside of only the blindest of Broncos fans has to conclude. Just as the facts, and the record, dictates.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 02:53 AM

Yeah, he sure purged it.

What a bunch of piss.

Teams loaded with talent and good coaching staff are not 3-9. Do you blame the coaching staff or the talent for the lack of wins?

colonelbeef
12-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Now watch all of the badmouthing of McDaniels to follow... he treated people poorly, and now everyone will get a chance to unload on him, and deservedly so.

Hulamau
12-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Only an irrational bronco fan would be unable to see this.

I know it's difficult to imagine, but outside of your orange colored sunglasses, Jay Cutler is leading the Bears to the playoffs, while the Broncos circle the toilet with Kyle "Patron Saint of Mediocrity" Orton.

I know that you don't enjoy facts, but please, feel free to argue 8-8 with a younger roster vs the inevitable 4-12 and an older roster.

I'll help you- the Broncos are older and less talented, just as the record indicates. Just as anybody outside of only the blindest of Broncos fans has to conclude. Just as the facts, and the record, dictates.

Yeah we were brimming with Talent when Shanny left Ha!! Cutler and Marshall fair enough but both werent going to be happy here in any event.

And Marshall isnt all he's cracked up to be. Hillis was a mistake but one that no doubt Shanny would have likely made as well.

Beyond that I just dont see this talent drain you are speaking off...

Time for you to quit your b****ing now too Colonel you got what you wanted now zip it for a while and drop your revisionist history or you are really going to sound shrill and over the top!

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Pat had to make the move now. No way could he go into the draft with a coach that only has 4 players on his board when we are looking at the number 5 draft pick.

Really though this gives us the best chance to get a staff that can properly get people in place to draft well.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Pat had to make the move now. No way could he go into the draft with a coach that only has 4 players on his board when we are looking at the number 5 draft pick.

Really though this gives us the best chance to get a staff that can properly get people in place to draft well.

What staff? He can't get a staff together, the season is still going on right now.

Broncos_OTM
12-07-2010, 03:11 AM

Id tend to aggree with you. i wasnt the biggest MCD fan however i thought he should have atleast finnished off the season. Hired a Competent GM

There is no two ways about this. This was a knee jerk reaction with no thought of the future in it

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 03:13 AM
What staff? He can't get a staff together, the season is still going on right now.

I'm sure he has a plan in place that doesn't involve personal on current NFL teams or this joke of a staff McD left us with.

Broncos_OTM
12-07-2010, 03:13 AM

You're grasping at straws here. I dont see anywhere he claimed that it all had to be done right this second. He said before the draft.

Remember last time we hired a coach on short notice and went into the draft unprepared... oh thats right

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 03:16 AM
You're grasping at straws here. I dont see anywhere he claimed that it all had to be done right this second. He said before the draft.

Remember last time we hired a coach on short notice and went into the draft unprepared... oh thats right

Thank you.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 03:20 AM

We hired McDaniels less than two weeks after the 2008 season ended.. and hired him BEFORE Spags and BEFORE Rex.

Can Pat even hire a coach and full staff right now?

Regardless, there is no staff that's getting put together until the season ends unless you want a bunch of people who've been unemployed and haven't coached in 2010.

Do you even know what the **** you're talking about or are you just another Broncos fan that comes to dumbass conclusions with absolutely inaccurate information?

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 03:22 AM
We hired McDaniels less than two weeks after the 2008 season ended.. and hired him BEFORE Spags and BEFORE Rex.

Regardless, there is no staff that's getting put together until the season ends unless you want a bunch of people who've been unemployed and haven't coached in 2010.

Do you even know what the **** you're talking about or are you just another Broncos fan that comes to dumbass conclusions with absolutely inaccurate information?

Yeah there are a few out there with SB rings that I wouldn't mind running our team.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Yeah there are a few out there with SB rings that I wouldn't mind running our team.

Are you this slow? I said STAFF. Since when did STAFF = 1 person?

If you want a SB coach, you have to realize isn't coming in with some random people, he'll want HIS people.

Then you've got to consider OC/DC etc... all this **** isn't getting put together before the season ends unless you want some bottom of the bucket people.

That's what you ****s in Denver deserve anyways.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Are you this slow? I said STAFF. Since when did STAFF = 1 person?

If you want a SB coach, you have to realize isn't coming in with some random people, he'll want HIS people.

Then you've got to consider OC/DC etc... all this **** isn't getting put together before the season ends unless you want some bottom of the bucket people.

That's what you ****s in Denver deserve anyways.

lol you are some kind of awesome. You think that just because is out of football he can't get another coach from a team to join his staff? Just for fun I will use the Redskins staff. Kyle Shanahan, OC of the Texans. Poof all of the sudden a Redskin when his daddy asked. Bobby Turner sure didn't waste anytime bolting from the Broncos to the Redskins when his former boss came calling.

Jets staff. Mike Pettine DC former LB coach of the Ravens. Rex called him a rising coach in the NFL and hired him right away. Jeff Weeks coached with Rex and his brother. Dennis Thurman coached with the Ravens from 2002 and 2008.

Any coach can put together his guys in a matter of weeks.

Broncos_OTM
12-07-2010, 03:44 AM

Do you even know what the **** you're talking about or are you just another Broncos fan that comes to dumbass conclusns with absolutely inaccurate information?Remember though the fron offices in both those cities were in place.... You ask why that is important.... GM's scouts you know the people that pull the trigger unless its denver where the head coach does the drafting...and total say

Me 1 you 0

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Remember though the fron offices in both those cities were in place.... You ask why that is important.... GM's scouts you know the people that pull the trigger unless its denver where the head coach does the drafting...and total say

Me 1 you 0

Are you unable to read? Where did I question that it's not important to get a staff together early?

Yeah, You 1 Me 0 in the inability to read category.

Broncoman13
12-07-2010, 04:27 AM

Nice! I hope whatever the future holds takes to the promised land!

I think Troy Calhoun will be our next coach, not sure how I feel about that... but I love the work he has done at the AFA. Leslie Frazier is also being rumored, but I have to wonder if that is a rumor to help meet the Rooney requirement... I hope he is seriously considered tho, he is a good coach.

Broncos could bring in Calhoun as HC and then a super strong staff to compliment him. Cheap at HC but pay a premium for a DC like Marvin Lewis or Wade Phillips and a bright mind at OC, not sure who that would be???

zdoor
12-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Posted in another thread...

"The irony here is roles are reversed now... For 18 months the board has been a mess with posts that drone on endlessly about the same things... "player (insert name here) wasn't going to work in this system. We're a better team now... Grow up and move on" and " fire McD"...

Well it is possible McD will grow into a decent HC someday, but it wasn't happening here. He needs to mature and learn a boatload from his experience. Firing him was needed. He'd run his course and the team was getting worse.. Stop pining for the guy, for many of you, take your own advice..

It sucks when the team goes in a direction you don't agree with and all you can do is complain and be vocal about your displeasure. But, according to many of those now playing that part, you're not a real fan.... Kind irritating to listen to that too, huh?... Shoe sucks on other foot.."

Might be a little harsh but come on... It's pretty much a microcosm of the era we just went through... It would be nice if that era is over for fans too. It doesn't really look that way though, it just looks like people swapped places. Kinda pathetic really.

ColoradoDarin
12-07-2010, 05:54 AM

Funny, I think baja is just continuing the fine tradition of the 'mane that has been set over the last couple of years.

jhns
12-07-2010, 06:01 AM
I told you so... I was just trolling though, right? I couldn't have known about all the bad moves. Posters like Popps that defended and made excuses for everything were the ones being rationale with good arguments!

LOL

At least Bowlen is a smart guy. We would be so screwed if he thought at all like most posters here.

strafen
12-07-2010, 06:05 AM
I told you so... I was just trolling though, right? I couldn't have known about all the bad moves. Posters like Popps that defended and made excuses for everything were the ones being rationale with good arguments!

LOL

At least Bowlen is a smart guy. We would be so screwed if he thought at all like most posters here.

jhns!!!!
Yes! MCDaniels is gone!!!!!!!
Now, if we can find a wat to get a carton of milk for Orton, I'll take it!

jhns
12-07-2010, 06:32 AM
jhns!!!!
Yes! MCDaniels is gone!!!!!!!
Now, if we can find a wat to get a carton of milk for Orton, I'll take it!

I'm going to throw a party tonight. It is such a great day.

Jesterhole
12-07-2010, 06:36 AM

In all fairness, if you own that Denver Broncos, that does in fact make you pretty damn awesome. At least, I'd want to be your friend.

Popps
12-07-2010, 08:38 AM
I think Troy Calhoun will be our next coach, not sure how I feel about that...

I feel pretty blah about it. I'm sure he's a fine coach, I just think it's time we either go with a defensive-minded head coach, or someone with some kind of NFL track record.

I actually wanted a defensive-head coach when we hired Josh, but that hiring reminded me so much of the Shanahan situation, I had to give him a fair chance.

As someone else pointed out, I don't think we have to rush into anything. Hopefully we get this right.

Broncomutt
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM

/applause

:egbgb::egbgb::egbgb:

TonyR
12-07-2010, 08:49 AM
McDaniels purged this team of talent.

So let me see if I have this straight. You hate McD and you're glad he's gone, which is at least understandable. But you have faith in the guy who hired him and put him in the situation to allow all the stuff you hated to happen? So, you have faith in the enabler but hate the one who was enabled? Do you not see what Bowlen did? Fired Shanahan; said the next coach wouldn't be given the same control; hired a young, inexperienced head coach and, along with a young, inexperienced GM, gave him complete control? And certainly either directed, signed off on, or allowed all the talent purging you are so against? You think McD acted on Cutler alone? Wake up, bro.

I have hope that Bowlen will get it right, but I certainly don't have faith right now.

Rohirrim
12-07-2010, 08:52 AM
So let me see if I have this straight. You hate McD and you're glad he's gone, which is at least understandable. But you have faith in the guy who hired him and put him in the situation to allow all the stuff you hated to happen? So, you have faith in the enabler but hate the one who was enabled? Do you not see what Bowlen did? Fired Shanahan; said the next coach wouldn't be given the same control; hired a young, inexperienced head coach and, along with a young, inexperienced GM, gave him complete control? And certainly either directed, signed off on, or allowed all the talent purging you are so against? You think McD acted on Cutler alone? Wake up, bro.

I have hope that Bowlen will get it right, but I certainly don't have faith right now.

No ****. These trolls think 3 and 13 is bad. Wait until they get a sniff of 1 and 15. :rofl:

HAT
12-07-2010, 08:54 AM
I'm going to throw a party tonight. It is such a great day.

BF7 just sent me the picture from jhns and dragsters party....

http://www.blackacrefarm.com/houston_carnival_game_rentals.jpg

ColoradoDarin
12-07-2010, 08:56 AM

Rep!

jhns
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM

LOL

It is a great party. Don't act like this doesn't look fun to you. You are all invited!

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 10:53 AM
We hired McDaniels less than two weeks after the 2008 season ended.. and hired him BEFORE Spags and BEFORE Rex.Can Pat even hire a coach and full staff right now?

So you are now admitting that McD had more time yet sucked while Rex and Spags have done a much better job with less time. And you are a McD supporter? Hilarious!

lostknight
12-07-2010, 11:34 AM

100% agree.