PDA

View Full Version : Screw all you Broncos fans who caused this

Pages : 1 [2]

zdoor
12-07-2010, 05:24 AM
The irony here is roles are reversed now... For 18 months the board has been a mess with posts that drone on endlessly about the same things... "player (insert name here) wasn't going to work in this system. We're a better team now... Grow up and move on" and " fire McD"...

Well it is possible McD will grow into a decent HC someday, but it wasn't happening here. He needs to mature and learn a boatload from his experience. Firing him was needed. He'd run his course and the team was getting worse.. Stop pining for the guy, for many of you, take your own advice..

It sucks when the team goes in a direction you don't agree with and all you can do is complain and be vocal about your displeasure. But, according to many of those now playing that part, you're not a real fan.... Kind irritating to listen to that too, huh?... Shoe sucks on other foot..

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:31 AM
The irony here is roles are reversed now... For 18 months the board has been a mess with posts that drone on endlessly about the same things... "player (insert name here) wasn't going to work in this system. We're a better team now... Grow up and move on" and " fire McD"...

Well it is possible McD will grow into a decent HC someday, but it wasn't happening here. He needs to mature and learn a boatload from his experience. Firing him was needed. He'd run his course and the team was getting worse.. Stop pining for the guy, for many of you, take your own advice..

It sucks when the team goes in a direction you don't agree with and all you can do is complain and be vocal about your displeasure. But, according to many of those now playing that part, you're not a real fan.... Kind irritating to listen to that too, huh?... Shoe sucks on other foot..

The argument was that he deserved at least 3 years, to at least get a chance to work with his QB in Tebow.

I think this far has less to do with how he did than the dumb fans.

I mean, are you really going to tell me it's logical to fire a coach after 1 bad season?

I think the general consensus was that Josh deserved 3 years before making a competitive team and taking us to the playoffs, and if not after year 3 then he can be shown the door.

McDaniels was never given a fair opportunity by fans, and now he's been robbed by the Broncos.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 05:36 AM
The argument was that he deserved at least 3 years, to at least get a chance to work with his QB in Tebow.

I mean, are you really going to tell me it's logical to fire a coach after 1 bad season?

I think the general consensus was that Josh deserved 3 years before making a competitive team and taking us to the playoffs, and if not after year 3 then he can be shown the door.

McDaniels was never given a fair opportunity by fans, and now he's been robbed by the Broncos.

Clearly the guy that signed McD's check didn't agree with you.

zdoor
12-07-2010, 05:36 AM

Your opinion. Mine is different. I see the worst team in my lifetime mired in controversy after ridiculous controversy with 1 constant throughout. I think he needed to go. Surprised it happened now but I would not have agreed on needing another year.

Blueflame
12-07-2010, 05:38 AM

If he was robbed, he was robbed by his own dismal win/loss record. And Spygate II. The fans weren't calling plays; nor were they on the field executing those plays. There are more pivotal places to look when placing blame... than at the butts paying good money to be there in the spectator seats.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 05:43 AM
If he was robbed, he was robbed by his own dismal win/loss record. And Spygate II. The fans weren't calling plays; nor were they on the field executing those plays. There are more pivotal places to look when placing blame... than at the butts paying good money to be there in the spectator seats.

Blue lets face it, we are just not smart enough to buy into his system. We are just the lucky ones that McD couldn't trade off

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:45 AM
Your opinion. Mine is different. I see the worst team in my lifetime mired in controversy after ridiculous controversy with 1 constant throughout. I think he needed to go. Surprised it happened now but I would not have agreed on needing another year.

I can respect that you think he needed to go due to controversy.

However that is where I blame the fans, for not for 1 second standing behind the HC.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:48 AM

He was 8-8 in his 1st season.

This year was going to be a losing season, so if your excuse is to fire a coach after 1 losing season after the amounts of injuries this team has suffered, you're not bringing up a good argument here. He didn't take a SB/playoff caliber team and turn it to ****. It is un-rational to fire someone after 2 years especially with what he's done.

If you think a team should just fire a coach because of a losing season, then you should just repaint our colors to black and silver.

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 05:48 AM

However that is where I blame the fans, for not for 1 second standing behind the HC.

I won't miss you whe you follow him to his next job.

Blueflame
12-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Blue lets face it, we are just not smart enough to buy into his system. We are just the lucky ones that McD couldn't trade off

One can't camouflage or spin away 3-9 though... or being caught in an inept and unsuccessful attempt at cheating. I was surprised that he was fired today though... because since he survived the initial "News Break" of Spygate II, one would have expected him to get "the remainder of this football season" before being fired. Unless there's more about Spygate II that we don't know yet

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I won't miss you whe you follow him to his next job.

Why would I care if anyone missed me on any forums if I left? I'm not an owner of the site.

colonelbeef
12-07-2010, 05:51 AM
I disagree. No one was calling for shanny's head when we were losing.

We started out 6-0 and there was still bad press all over Denver after every single win. Then going in to MNF, 6-1 against the defending SB champions, half the stadium is filled with Steelers fans.

Yeah, that has nothing to do with the fans.

Stop comparing Josh McFailure to Mike Shanahan.

Shanahan never lost like this, not even remotely close.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:53 AM
One can't camouflage or spin away 3-9 though... or being caught in an inept and unsuccessful attempt at cheating. I was surprised that he was fired today though... because since he survived the initial "News Break" of Spygate II, one would have expected him to get "the remainder of this football season" before being fired. Unless there's more about Spygate II that we don't know yet

So even though the NFL released an official statement on that situation you still sit here and point at him for cheating.

This is the type of idiocy that comes from the Denver fan base. Even ESPN and all the major networks made sure to state that he didn't look at the tape when they reported it/talked about it.

Something we don't know yet... what questions do you have that haven't been already answered yet? When you say "don't know" are you claiming the NFL is incorrect and lying for their statement? If so, do you have any credible basis?

Blueflame
12-07-2010, 05:53 AM

Shanahan's worst season was 6-10 and we were IN most of those games (losing more than just a few by 3 points or fewer) while playing without several key players who suffered season-ending injuries.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:56 AM

Are you talking about records? To be fair, McDaniels could have still ended up 7-9, something Shanny has done. Or even 6-10 was still a possibility too, something Shanny has done. I'd say that's pretty close.

So what else are you talking about? The scores to games? You must have missed the last 3 years Shanahan was here.

I'm not sure how any fan could go into any game against the Chargers at the end of the season feeling confident we'd be competitive at all... or any game at Arrowhead in December.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Shanahan's worst season was 6-10 and we were IN most of those games (losing more than just a few by 3 points or fewer) while playing without several key players who suffered season-ending injuries.

To add to this, in 2007 Shanahan went 7-9.

His point differential in those losses were -163

Josh McDaniels in his 9 losses this season, his point differential in those losses were -121

Somehow, "we never lost like this with Shanny" seems to not fit the description of the stats.

Denver fans still stuck in some sort of illusion... colonalbeef.

Kaylore
12-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Yeah unfortunately getting beat down on national TV is not something that started with McDaniels. Sadly, it's become part of Broncos football.

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2010, 06:32 AM
3 wins!

Yay, stats!

Kaylore
12-07-2010, 06:34 AM

It just shows they made up their mind and wanted a head start on the process.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 06:39 AM
After Mcd became our coach..every day it is a circus..
Glad that he is fired.
Unfortunately, he did lot of damage before he left.
Fans never asked to trade cutler, Schefler, Marshall and more importantly HILLIS.
We had so many problems on defense..He kept changing the offense..
Every bronco fan should be happy..Thank you Bowlen for listening to us..

Jesterhole
12-07-2010, 07:27 AM

Haha, going down with the ship? McDaniels was the worst mistake this franchise ever made. Robbed? The dude got millions to come here and destroy this team.

Maybe you should go follow the Patriots, since that's where your boy-crush will end up.

Just quit defending that POS. No one cares what you McDaniels fans chant to each other during the circle jerk. He was fired because he sucked and almost everything he did was terrible, and we're moving on.

Sir_Robin
12-07-2010, 07:52 AM

Am I hearing correctly that you believe consumers of entertainment products should continue to spend their hard earned money supporting a product that is not, in fact, entertaining (especially in this economy)? If so, why?

crawdad
12-07-2010, 07:57 AM
This is a knee jerk reaction from Bowlen. It certainly wasn't McDaniels fault that Kyle Orton had his worst game as a Bronco. I am upset because it will not change a thing this year except sate the appetite of all the McD haters. And please Blue get off of the Spygate shiat! Can anyone here argue with the success of Belichick? They are winners.

55CrushEm
12-07-2010, 08:10 AM
who are you?

Just a guy with an opinion. That's cool with you, right Taco?

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Am I hearing correctly that you believe consumers of entertainment products should continue to spend their hard earned money supporting a product that is not, in fact, entertaining (especially in this economy)? If so, why?

It's funny that you derived that from my post, in attempt to make an educational analogy, however being so far off from the actual content.

I expect Broncos fans to show the world what their about on MNF against the defending SB champions coming off a loss after a 6 game winning streak. Not allow half the stadium to be filled with Steeler fans and 50% of the parking lot to be tailgated by Steeler fans.

No where did I say, fans should continue to spend their money.

Please, shut the **** up.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2010, 08:20 AM
If only the fans had rooted harder at home, Josh wouldn't have been outcoached by Tom Cable and given up a record amount of points scored on the home turf.

We all really let Josh down.

Hilarious! I don't know how I'll live with myself.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Cutler was wrong denver fans are a 3.

How high is the scale?

Sir_Robin
12-07-2010, 08:37 AM
It's funny that you derived that from my post, in attempt to make an educational analogy, however being so far off from the actual content.

I expect Broncos fans to show the world what their about on MNF against the defending SB champions coming off a loss after a 6 game winning streak. Not allow half the stadium to be filled with Steeler fans and 50% of the parking lot to be tailgated by Steeler fans.

Wow! I didn't realize I was so far off. I apologize. So, to make sure I have it right this time. You expect fans (who are not consumers of an entertainment product) to show the world what they're about on MNF against the defending SB champions coming off a loss after a 6 game winning streak. And to not allow half the stadium (not an entertainment venue operated by an entertainment business and does not require money to be spent to fill it) to be filled with Steeler fans (also not consumers) and have 50% of the parking lot to be tailgated by Steeler fans.

And to emphasize the final point, fans (who, again, are not consumers) do not need to spend money to show their support for the Broncos (who are not an entertainment business).

Thanks for clarifying! Again, I apologize for getting it so wrong.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Wow! I didn't realize I was so far off. I apologize. So, to make sure I have it right this time. You expect fans (who are not consumers of an entertainment product) to show the world what they're about on MNF against the defending SB champions coming off a loss after a 6 game winning streak. And to not allow half the stadium (not an entertainment venue operated by an entertainment business and does not require money to be spent to fill it) to be filled with Steeler fans (also not consumers) and have 50% of the parking lot to be tailgated by Steeler fans.

And to emphasize the final point, fans (who, again, are not consumers) do not need to spend money to show their support for the Broncos (who are not an entertainment business).

Thanks for clarifying! Again, I apologize for getting it so wrong.

You're trying so hard to sound intelligent yet sounding so dumb in the same context.

No where did I say or imply anything you said other than what you simply retyped word for word of what I said.

TotallyScrewed
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Please quote me where I said I'm leaving the omane?

You add to the list of the dumb Broncos fans that can't read.

Please explain the logic in writing a message to someone who can't read.

TotallyScrewed
12-07-2010, 08:46 AM
The fact that you cited King lets me know how far off base you are.

I idea that you think Josh wanted Cassel AND Cutler lets me know how far off base you are.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 08:48 AM
Since bowlen listen to us, I want Tom Brady as the QB and Manning being the backup.

Sir_Robin
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
No where did I say or imply anything you said other than what you simply retyped word for word of what I said.

Fans of any NFL team are consumers of an entertainment business. Here, you expressed your resentment of fans for not standing behind the HC. I take "standing behind the HC" to mean supporting him. How can a fan do that except financially? By showing up to games. Which brings us to your next post:

I highlighted the parts where you expressed your expectation that fans spend their money to support the HC. Any chance you'll now answer why fans should spend money to support a HC who isn't fielding an entertaining team? Or should I just wait for your next insult?

TotallyScrewed
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Well, all you azzholes will get your wish. Calhoun as coach and Al Davis as owner.

I don't think he legally (by NFL rules) can own two clubs at one time...unless you're speculating that he would/could sell the Raiders.

bendog
12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Fans obviously made an impact on this.

Been a Broncos fan all my life and this is the 1st time I've seen how spoiled fans are.

I'm questioning my "allegiance" with the Broncos right now because of this fan base.

Josh McDaniels has replaced every player he's traded away with a player that has outperformed the prior... other than Peyton Hillis... Moreno did just break off a record day against the 7th ranked run defense though.

This all started with the Cuter fiasco, which some still some how blame on McDaniels (even though Bowlen called for the trade)... but most the fans have come around. McDaniels wouldn't tell Cutler he can't be traded, and that's what set Cutler off.

I cannot sign on any Broncos forums and feel good about my fellow fans. It's not about the opinions of the fans, it's about how fans reach to those opinions... it's so off and inaccurate.

This has less to do with McDaniels as it does the Broncos fan base.

As of this moment, I love the players on the Denver Broncos and that's what holds me here. But my hatred for this fan base cannot be explained in words.

I mean how can I sit here with a fan base that let a team buy half the tickets for a MNF after coming off a loss after 6 straight wins? I'm talking about the game on MNF last year against Pitts.

And home field advantage? You guys can't cheer for sh*t.

I'm cool with some of the posters here, even some of the critical ones, but as a whole this fan base sucks.

Don't get me started on the media outlets in Denver... even after WINS the outlets make bad press.

Part of me says I wouldn't be disappointed to see the Denver Broncos fans suffer for years to come...

The other part of me says go drink... just like every other idiot in Denver.

Don't let the door smack your backside on the way out.

DrFate
12-07-2010, 09:10 AM
When an OP's main point is 'all the fans suck, except me and anyone who agrees with me' - I am not swayed.

Mile High Shack
12-07-2010, 09:11 AM
I like this line "been a Bronco fan my whole life"

I assume that term of life is like 16 years at this point?

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
When an OP's main point is 'all the fans suck, except me and anyone who agrees with me' - I am not swayed.

Even though I've respected some posts throughout the thread with some people who disagree with me.

There is really nothing to disagree with though. The Broncos fan base does suck...

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 09:13 AM

+1 for Broncos fan that has trouble reading.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Fans of any NFL team are consumers of an entertainment business. Here, you expressed your resentment of fans for not standing behind the HC. I take "standing behind the HC" to mean supporting him. How can a fan do that except financially? By showing up to games. Which brings us to your next post:

Do you live in Denver? Have you been to Denver? If you think the ONLY way to support a HC is to simply go to games, you're not ready for this discussion.

TailgateNut
12-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't think he legally (by NFL rules) can own two clubs at one time...unless you're speculating that he would/could sell the Raiders.

Here, allow me to bring it down to a "speed" you can keep up with. I am saying Pat is turning into Al. Kapish?

TailgateNut
12-07-2010, 10:16 AM

He could always be like you and do a disappearing act when the Broncos are laying eggs and then return when the sun comes out over Mile High. Right?

bendog
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
He could always be like you and do a disappearing act when the Broncos are laying eggs and then return when the sun comes out over Mile High. Right?

I never stopped being a broncos fan, I just got tired of reading idiot posts by idoits who can't tell how epicly "Josh" ****ed this frachise.

Durango
12-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Even though I've respected some posts throughout the thread with some people who disagree with me.

There is really nothing to disagree with though. The Broncos fan base does suck...

Look everybody, it's true. A jackass can really ride a high horse.

You ****ing arrogant buffoon.

Mile High Shack
12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Look everybody, it's true. A jackass can really ride a high horse.

You ****ing arrogant buffoon.

indeed

Taco John
12-07-2010, 10:24 AM

It's funny how the role reversals are now. Yesterday morning, people would have said that jhns, BPC or strafen are the biggest trolls on the site. 24 hours later, and The MVPlaya has knocked them all off the perch and installed himself as king troll.

Archer81
12-07-2010, 10:28 AM
It's funny how the role reversals are now. Yesterday morning, people would have said that jhns, BPC or strafen are the biggest trolls on the site. 24 hours later, and The MVPlaya has knocked them all off the perch and installed himself as king troll.

So you admit they are in fact trolls...

Interesting...

All bs aside...Im glad this is over. If I had to do fingerpainting in my posts to explain things to go_broncos again I'd cry.

:Broncos:

ColoradoDarin
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM

Interesting...

All bs aside...Im glad this is over. If I had to do fingerpainting in my posts to explain things to go_broncos again I'd cry.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa. A little truth sometimes slips out.

oubronco
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
This thread is funny as hell

Taco John
12-07-2010, 10:35 AM

Interesting...

I am talking about popular perception based on their alignment with the direction of the team and the momentum of the fan base.

Archer81
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM
I am talking about popular perception based on their alignment with the direction of the team and the momentum of the fan base.

Oh...I see...;)

We are all trapped in a glass cage of emotion. It just seems interesting. When the next HC struggles in year 1, what are the odds the same people will be saying the same thing?

worm
12-07-2010, 10:38 AM

I am pretty sure you just swapped user accounts for some of these people.

Los Broncos
12-07-2010, 10:39 AM
And is he wearing that gray hoodie in the photo?

bronco militia
THUNDERDOME 2010!! this thread delivers!

oubronco
oh...i see...;)

we are all trapped in a glass cage of emotion. It just seems interesting. When the next hc struggles in year 1, what are the odds the same people will be saying the same thing?

:broncos:

95%

Sir_Robin
Do you live in Denver? Have you been to Denver? If you think the ONLY way to support a HC is to simply go to games, you're not ready for this discussion.

That's some beautiful irony! Thanks for the laugh!

HAT
12-07-2010, 10:44 AM

I haven't read enough of this thread or others to comment on MVP's trolliness but I do know dragster has been become more of a troll since the firing. Baja seems to have fallen off of the cliff as well.

uplink
12-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Bowlen should have paired McD with a powerful GM. McD will be a successful coach in the future. He just had the worst luck, had problems getting along, and hired the worse assistants. I liked the players he brought in and drafted, a definite up-grade over Shanny. Shanny just wasted most of broncos draft picks.

HAT
12-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Except that's not why their trolls. You know this.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 10:48 AM

Interesting...

Just accept that you guys are wrong about Mcd...LOLHilarious!ROFL!

DrFate
12-07-2010, 10:51 AM
When the next HC struggles in year 1, what are the odds the same people will be saying the same thing?

I'll try to explain it again. It wasn't simply the record, it wasn't only the wins and losses. It was a combination of things. It was the record, it was players and coaches run out of town, it was irrational draft day trades, knee jerk moves on players, inability to make in-game adjustments and the spygate stuff. If the team were 3-9 and playing good tough games like the Bills have this year, and young guys were improving McDaniels would be in his office right now.

If the new coach struggles but his player moves pay off, he has the respect of his team, and they are playing hard - he'll get time. If he starts trading picks and players like a fantasy league and taping the opposing teams - he'll get fired too.

Why is this hard to understand?

Archer81
12-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Just accept that you guys are wrong about Mcd...LOLHilarious!ROFL!

Glad to see the Broncos failure makes you orgasmic, spunkstain.

Archer81
12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll try to explain it again. It wasn't simply the record, it wasn't only the wins and losses. It was a combination of things. It was the record, it was players and coaches run out of town, it was irrational draft day trades, knee jerk moves on players, inability to make in-game adjustments and the spygate stuff. If the team were 3-9 and playing good tough games like the Bills have this year, and young guys were improving McDaniels would be in his office right now.

If the new coach struggles but his player moves pay off, he has the respect of his team, and they are playing hard - he'll get time. If he starts trading picks and players like a fantasy league and taping the opposing teams - he'll get fired too.

Why is this hard to understand?

So...if the moon is in Taurus while the sun is in Aquarius and the zenith equinox lies over the heart of Alpha Centuari then Broncos fans will be ok when the next HC struggles.

Got it.

TotallyScrewed
12-07-2010, 10:59 AM

All fans in general, just those with deep pockets, those who write or lurk on the Mane...They did end Mr. McD???

Are you for real??

Deserve has got nothing to do with it...BTW. Perhaps, just perhaps, it was big mistake after big mistake...this year that brought about the change.

Or maybe it's those fans that keep protecting Josh that are at fault. Maybe a little discipline is what was needed not so much coddling and protecting.

DrFate
12-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Got it

Your response is colorful, I'll give you that. People fault McDaniels for more than simply the 5-17 record. It's goofy player moves. It's trading first round picks for second round picks - and then trading him after a year for a guy the Lions were going to cut. It's drafting RB, WRs, and QBs when we need defensive help. It's for trading a ton of picks for a QB who has thrown one pass. It's for acting like an ass to the media and (from reports) alienating the rest of the staff. And it's for getting involved in another tape scandal.

I'll try to make it easy for you, sirhcyennek81. The new coach will get time from the fans if he

1) tells his video staff to tape THE BRONCOS practice, not the opponents
2) makes good draft picks
3) makes good FA moves
4) retains productive players and established coordinators
5) puts on a product on the field that looks better than the one he inherited

Simple enough?

Archer81
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Your response is colorful, I'll give you that. People fault McDaniels for more than simply the 5-17 record. It's goofy player moves. It's trading first round picks for second round picks - and then trading him after a year for a guy the Lions were going to cut. It's drafting RB, WRs, and QBs when we need defensive help. It's for trading a ton of picks for a QB who has thrown one pass. It's for acting like an ass to the media and (from reports) alienating the rest of the staff. And it's for getting involved in another tape scandal.

I'll try to make it easy for you, sirhcyennek81. The new coach will get time from the fans if he

3) makes good FA moves

Simple enough?

So what you are really saying is...

I got it man. Its called levity. Some people (trolls primarily) wont care. The next HC could run things perfectly but if the wins are slow in coming they will not care and you will see the same ridiculous cycle.

DrFate
12-07-2010, 11:10 AM
The next HC could run things perfectly but if the wins are slow in coming they will not care and you will see the same ridiculous cycle.

That could happpen, sure. I don't think it will. I'm not sure where this idea has come from that Broncos fans are stupid (I'm not saying you said that, but I'm reading it a lot today from this board).

From my 25+ years of fandom, Broncos fans are loyal and pretty knowledgeable. If the new HC is on the right track, he'll get some time to fix things. If he comes in and dynamites the team HQ - he'll probably not last.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 11:18 AM

I love how people that don't live in Denver or even CO for that matter are bitching about Bronco fans filling their stadium.

Unless you are a season ticket holder and go to EVERY home game you should not complain about who's in attendance at a Bronco home game.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
So...if the moon is in Taurus while the sun is in Aquarius and the zenith equinox lies over the heart of Alpha Centuari then Broncos fans will be ok when the next HC struggles.

Got it.

Chris, you are so hard headed. His post explained it perfectly. It wasnt just the record, it was his attitude/personality. He rubbed people the wrong way. If he was winning, people could accept his personality but he sucked on both ends. Hillis, drafts, blowouts, no game plan, abandon game plan, being outcoached is what got me on the Anti McD bandwagon. I really dont know what you saw in him to back him up. It seems you were backing him more than looking out for the good for the franchise. I have more respect for someone stating, "We needed to keep Josh for the third year" then blasting a good counter argument to your posts. He ****ed up plain and simple. Your response above is childish. If you want to rebute his post, do it with a point.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Chris, you are so hard hitted. His post explained it perfectly. It wasnt just the record, it was his attitude/personality. He rubbed people the wrong way. If he was winning, people could accept his personality but he sucked on both ends. Hillis, drafts, blowouts, no game plan, abandon game plan, being outcoached is what got me on the Anti McD bandwagon. I really dont know what you saw in him to back him up. It seems you were backing him more than looking out for the good for the franchise. I have more respect for someone stating, "We needed to keep Josh for the third year" then blasting a good counter argument to your posts. He ****ed up plain and simple. Your response above is childish. If you want to rebute his post, do it with a point.

Maybe Chris has a thing for short dudes with stubbled heads?

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I love how people that don't live in Denver or even CO for that matter are b****ing about Bronco fans filling their stadium.

Unless you are a season ticket holder and go to EVERY home game you should not complain about who's in attendance at a Bronco home game.

I personally haven't been one of those to complain, but I don't see the problem with it. Now obviously, if the complainer is one of those folks selling tix to brokers or visiting team's fans, then by all means....they should not be complaining. However, if their only crime is living outside the region, why can they not let their voice be heard?

It would cost me around $2-3K per game after tix, airfare, hotel, car, etc; whereas it would cost me only the price of a ticket if I lived in or around Denver. It's not realistic to tell someone like me (who makes up the majority of this board) that I can't complain about the home fan attendance just because I'm not a season ticket holder and don't go to every game. That's a load of crap.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I personally haven't been one of those to complain, but I don't see the problem with it. Now obviously, if the complainer is one of those folks selling tix to brokers or visiting team's fans, then by all means....they should not be complaining. However, if their only crime is living outside the region, why can they not let their voice be heard?

It would cost me around $2-3K per game after tix, airfare, hotel, car, etc; whereas it would cost me only the price of a ticket if I lived in or around Denver. It's not realistic to tell someone like me (who makes up the majority of this board) that I can't complain about the home fan attendance just because I'm not a season ticket holder and don't go to every game. That's a load of crap.

I agree it is expensive for those of us that live 1k miles+ away but bitching about attendance when your ass is not there taking away potential seats from opponents fans is a load of crap.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
I agree it is expensive for those of us that live 1k miles+ away but b****ing about attendance when your ass is not there taking away potential seats from opponents fans is a load of crap.

No, if he was inside Denver or the vicinity and complained yet didnt go to the game, he has a major problem. Being outside the fanbase shouldnt disallow him from commenting on it. It is a problem to an extent but with the economy and how bad the team is playing, this is going to happen. Hell, Chargers have trouble selling out and look how good their franchise has been lately.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
No, if he was inside Denver or the vicinity and complained yet didnt go to the game, he has a major problem. Being outside the fanbase shouldnt disallow him from commenting on it. It is a problem to an extent but with the economy and how bad the team is playing, this is going to happen. Hell, Chargers have trouble selling out and look how good their franchise has been lately.

He can take at least 2 (assuming he has a significat other) tickets away from Steeler, and other, fans if he goes to all the games.

Complaining about something you have a chance to impact but do nothing about is lame. Maybe challenge the home fans but don't bitch about it.

strafen
12-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Bowlen should have paired McD with a powerful GM. McD will be a successful coach in the future. He just had the worst luck, had problems getting along, and hired the worse assistants. I liked the players he brought in and drafted, a definite up-grade over Shanny. Shanny just wasted most of broncos draft picks.That was never going to work out.
See the Goodmans for clues...

strafen
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Taco, that's utterly BS.
You're implying the term "troll" has now hit a new low?
I resent that!
I thought we were the good trolls. The trolls who are always right, and call it like it is.
Always objective opinions on the team ;) ROFL!LOL^5

We've got our Denver Broncos team back.
That was a collective effort of trolls around Bronco Nation that got this done.
Gone is the McDaniels' Denver Broncos, welcome back my Denver Broncos!!! :strong:

Beantown Bronco
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
He can take at least 2 (assuming he has a significat other) tickets away from Steeler, and other, fans if he goes to all the games.

Complaining about something you have a chance to impact but do nothing about is lame. Maybe challenge the home fans but don't b**** about it.

I do not have $25,000+ of disposable income to spend on travelling to Broncos games each year, so I'd argue that I do not in fact have a chance to impact that which I'd be complaining about.

Taco John
12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
I repeat:

I personally think the term "troll" has lost its meaning, but so goes life.

TailgateNut
12-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Taco, that's utterly BS.
You're implying the term "troll" has now hit a new low?
I resent that!
I thought we were the good trolls. The trolls who are always right, and call it like it is.
Always objective opinions on the team ;) ROFL!LOL^5

We've got our Denver Broncos team back.
That was a collective effort of trolls around Bronco Nation that got this done.
Gone is the McDaniels' Denver Broncos, welcome back my Denver Broncos!!! :strong:

LOL

Gotta get some boots. The **** is getting deep!

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 01:15 PM
I repeat:

I personally think the term "troll" has lost its meaning, but so goes life.

Did we ever figure out if that picture in your avatar is real? because it looks like photoshop to me and it is for some reason really irritating to me. I can't explain it but it simultaneously depresses me and makes me want to hit someone. Not really sure why. Not trying to argue with you TJ, just wondering.

Thing is, I've been trying to put a happy face on this whole damn mess (some personal issues and some the Broncos thing), but I am finding what I really want to do is scream, yell and punch someone. It's bizarre really. I find very little joy in this board anymore. It's the who is right vs who is wrong all the ****ing time and let's take joy in Josh ****ing up so we can appreciate our rightness. I hate this whole situation, I hate the drama of everything that's gone down the last 2 seasons and the ugliness it brings out all the time. I loved football so much and now I feel like the joy is being sucked right out of me. I expect like most things in life this too shall pass, but I really wish people would quit being spiteful ****faceasshatjackholes. But there it is.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I love how people that don't live in Denver or even CO for that matter are b****ing about Bronco fans filling their stadium.

So in order to make a comment about your teams attendance you have to go to every single home game? WTF?

This has to be by far, the dumbest post in this thread.

Not surprised it comes from someone that rarely provides any football insight, rather than commenting on other members.

orangemonkey
12-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Did we ever figure out if that picture in your avatar is real? because it looks like photoshop to me and it is for some reason really irritating to me. I can't explain it but it simultaneously depresses me and makes me want to hit someone. Not really sure why. Not trying to argue with you TJ, just wondering.

Thing is, I've been trying to put a happy face on this whole damn mess (some personal issues and some the Broncos thing), but I am finding what I really want to do is scream, yell and punch someone. It's bizarre really. I find very little joy in this board anymore. It's the who is right vs who is wrong all the ****ing time and let's take joy in Josh ****ing up so we can appreciate our rightness. I hate this whole situation, I hate the drama of everything that's gone down the last 2 seasons and the ugliness it brings out all the time. I loved football so much and now I feel like the joy is being sucked right out of me. I expect like most things in life this too shall pass, but I really wish people would quit being spiteful ****faceasshatjackholes. But there it is.

I think Taco says it best, "winning cures everything".

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 01:19 PM
This is all according to my plan. My next step is to be installed as COO in place of Joe Ellis. I, as a fan, have made all of this happen. MUA HA HA HA HA HA HA ****inhale**** HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAA.

Oleg Gordievsky
12-07-2010, 01:21 PM
This thread is full of dumbsky puss boys making pissing in diaper cloth garment.

bowtown
12-07-2010, 01:22 PM

I'm pretty sure Taco didn't coin that one.

orangemonkey
12-07-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure Taco didn't coin that one.

but he does quote it and he says it best here which was my point.

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
This thread is full of dumbsky puss boys making pissing in diaper cloth garment.

hey now. I am a girl. I have proof if you need it. ;D

(okay, I guess there is one person on here sure to bring my smile back, good to see you posting)

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 01:25 PM

In Denver, I disagree. During the 6-0 run, fans were still mad. Denver media was still ****ting on the Denver Broncos and Josh. Fans not supporting ****.

In Denver, they need a white running back. That'll be the cure.

frerottenextelway
12-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Exciting time to be a Bronco fan, feels as though there is a light at the end, even if we won't get near it immediately.

Mr Bowlen took a gamble on the former Coach and sometimes gambles fail. Upmost credit to the man for recognizing it and pulling the plug.

May we win Sunday and be a competitive team soon.

Go Broncos!!!!

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Exciting time to be a Bronco fan, feels as though there is a light at the end, even if we won't get near it immediately.

Mr Bowlen took a gamble on the former Coach and sometimes gambles fail. Upmost credit to the man for recognizing it and pulling the plug.

May we win Sunday and be a competitive team soon.

Go Broncos!!!!

I love you optimistic energy.

I just don't agree it's an exciting time to be a Broncos fan. And exciting time would be heading into next with Tebow going into year 2 in an offensive system and getting Dumervil back.

This is probably 1 of the worst times to be a Broncos fan...

Durango
12-07-2010, 01:47 PM
I love you optimistic energy.

I just don't agree it's an exciting time to be a Broncos fan. And exciting time would be heading into next with Tebow going into year 2 in an offensive system and getting Dumervil back.

This is probably 1 of the worst times to be a Broncos fan...

God Almighty man, why don't don't you just shut the **** up?? Huh?

God d*mn!! You don't like the fans, you don't like the Mane, then get the **** out of here and go gripe about some other team.

Your butt-hurt blabbering on about McDaniels is embarrassing. I mean, your a prick, but you're a meticulous little prick who seems to have good command of fact and stats.

Get over it. Your love interest is down the road. Grab a bus ticket and follow. Please.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
In Denver, I disagree. During the 6-0 run, fans were still mad. Denver media was still ****ting on the Denver Broncos and Josh. Fans not supporting ****.

In Denver, they need a white running back. That'll be the cure.

you are off the deep end. If it makes you feel better, we canned a white head coach and replaced him with one of those colored fellas.

Vegas_Bronco
I like keeping at least 1 private message unread...gives me the security that mansex is real and just one mistake away.

The MVPlaya

God d*mn!! You don't like the fans, you don't like the Mane, then get the **** out of here and go gripe about some other team.

Your butt-hurt blabbering on about McDaniels is embarrassing. I mean, your a prick, but you're a meticulous little prick who seems to have good command of fact and stats.

Get over it. Your love interest is down the road. Grab a bus ticket and follow. Please.

You know I read that and saw your compliment. For that, I rep you.

TailgateNut

:~ohyah!:

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
you are off the deep end. If it makes you feel better, we canned a white head coach and replaced him with one of those colored fellas.

Sorry, Denver won't be happy unless they have a white player at a skill position. Eric Decker was a fan favorite already.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 01:51 PM

He is a troll..

HAT
12-07-2010, 01:58 PM

It was pretty much predicted all along that there was a certain contingent that was rooting for Denver to fail precisely for this reason. They refuted that notion for the last year or so but it's painfully obvious that it was very much the case.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Sorry, Denver won't be happy unless they have a white player at a skill position. Eric Decker was a fan favorite already.

You're right. I forgot that Kyle Orton is one of those god damned Hungarian twat tasters. DAMN YOU HUNGARIANS!!!!

The Decker Wrecker is where a true WASP puts his fan money. Because true fans don't see orange and blue they only see white and Eric Decker is Minnnesota Golden Gopher white, fish belly white, Anglo-Saxon white, Denver support deserving white.

Jackass.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 02:00 PM
You're right. I forgot that Kyle Orton is one of those god damned Hungarian twat tasters. DAMN YOU HUNGARIANS!!!!

The Decker Wrecker is where a true WASP puts his fan money. Because true fans don't see orange and blue they only see white and Eric Decker is Minnnesota Golden Gopher white, fish belly white, Anglo-Saxon white, Denver support deserving white.

Jackass.

Well considering the QB position in predominately white, you can discount that.

Not saying Decker doesn't have skills, just that he was already a fan favorite, because he's white AND orange and blue.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:01 PM
It was pretty much predicted all along that there was a certain contingent that was rooting for Denver to fail precisely for this reason. They refuted that notion for the last year or so but it's painfully obvious that it was very much the case.

I rooted for Denver to fail for purely personal reasons. Such as my desire to be a Bronco fan who caused this so that I could further my agenda of world domination by securing my place at the head of the Broncos table. Bowlen will shock the sports world when he announces RaiderH8r as President, CEO, COO, Head Coach, and Christ Figure You've All Been Looking For in January. Book it.

TailgateNut
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM

What a clueless ****!

Are you having deep rooted feelings of insignificance? We can help by Showing you the door.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 02:02 PM
He is a troll..

Now that is calling the kettle black! LOL
You trolled non stop without any other thing to post but McDaniels sucks. Fire McDaniels. Same ****. Other McD haters at least put their reasoning behind it. I wasnt a fan of McD but at least u knew why I was disliking him.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Not saying Decker doesn't have skills, just that he was already a fan favorite, because he's white AND orange and blue.

Rod Smith would have been so much cooler if he were white. Ed McCafferey's whiteness helped people look beyond the absolute suck ass lameness of his game. He had no skills and was a cowardly twat across the middle but his whiteness made up for that and more.

I'm also sure that if Floyd Little were white Denver fans would have implored the HOF to get him in years ago.

~Crash~
12-07-2010, 02:05 PM

3) makes good FA moves

Simple enough?

this:yayaya:

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Now that is calling the kettle black! LOL
You trolled non stop without any other thing to post but McDaniels sucks. Fire McDaniels. Same ****. Other McD haters at least put their reasoning behind it. I wasnt a fan of McD but at least u knew why I was disliking him.

Now..it's my turn..LOL

I was right about Mcd from the beginning...

~Crash~
12-07-2010, 02:06 PM
I would add win with what you got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

TDmvp
12-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Rod Smith would have been so much cooler if he were white. Ed McCafferey's whiteness helped people look beyond the absolute suck ass lameness of his game. He had no skills and was a cowardly twat across the middle but his whiteness made up for that and more.

I'm also sure that if Floyd Little were white Denver fans would have implored the HOF to get him in years ago.

/ponder ... This thread has taken a odd turn...

frerottenextelway
12-07-2010, 02:09 PM

The OM seems support our current black HC more than the white one that just got fired.

elsid13
12-07-2010, 02:10 PM

It was weird for the beginning, but now it seems not only did fans fired McDaniels, curse the franchise, we are also the new age Klan. I guess we will be responsible for eating babies next.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
The OM seems support our current black HC more than the white one that just got fired.

He is really pissed that we fired Mcd..
It's really odd.
Nothing good happened after Mcd got hired.

Popps is a better fan than MVP and Baja.

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
It was weird for the beginning, but now it seems not only did fans fired McDaniels, curse the franchise, we are also the new age Klan. I guess we will be responsible for eating babies next.

don't be silly. The Catholics are the ones who eat babies. ;D

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 02:15 PM

Really? No one has even been talking about him. We're still talking about McDaniels.

However, I don't think this has anything to do with race (as far as overall happiness from fans). My original race remark was sarcasm, the fact that some of you bit and took it seriously lets me know it's some of conscience in your minds that this idea could very well be true.

I do think it is a fact though, that any white player at skill position will be easily loved by Broncos nation.

DrFate
12-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Popps is a better fan than MVP and Baja.

Based on the past 18 hours, this is beyond dispute. And strange...

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:16 PM

Which is why they're pro-life.

/end thread.
/walk away.

Mile High Shack
12-07-2010, 02:16 PM
Really? No one has even been talking about him. We're still talking about McDaniels.

However, I don't think this has anything to do with race (as far as overall happiness from fans). My original race remark was sarcasm, the fact that some of you bit and took it seriously lets me know it's some of conscience in your minds that this idea could very well be true.

I do think it is a fact though, that any white player at skill position will be easily loved by Broncos nation.

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/042/151/original/jnjyxa31o8_thats_racist_animated1.gif?1267719873

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM

Dude, look at my location. I'm in Studesville. Where the f are the rest of you? In our rear view mirror. Studesville eats rocks and craps gunpowder.

And forgive me if I'm a little touchy about being cast as a racist. It can be a touchy subject in some circles.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Dude, look at my location. I'm in Studesville. Where the f are the rest of you? In our rear view mirror. Studesville eats rocks and craps gunpowder.

And forgive me if I'm a little touchy about being cast as a racist. It can be a touchy subject in some circles.

I understand it can be... you know kind like in KC? Were all the black people are either on the field or in the coaching booths?

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM

Also, I've always had my doubts about that whole transsubstantiation business. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but something just seemed off. It must be the baby eating. I'm just pissed I didn't figure it out earlier. Seems so obvious.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Now..it's my turn..LOL

I was right about Mcd from the beginning...

yes, but unlike you, we heard from anti McD people with actual strong opinions on why he was a bad coach. You were correct, but you became a troll to do so.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
I understand it can be... you know kind like in KC? Were all the black people are either on the field or in the coaching booths?

You can't lump me in with those degenerates. My shenanigans are cheeky and fun. Their shenanigans are cruel and tragic which makes them not really shenanigans at all. Evil shenanigans.

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Also, I've always had my doubts about that whole transsubstantiation business. I couldn't quite put my finger on it but something just seemed off. It must be the baby eating. I'm just pissed I didn't figure it out earlier. Seems so obvious.

Well if you think about it, dont the Catholics (my Church of choice by the way) promote canibalism with the whole transub thing above...either that or I was thinking maybe vampirism, drinking blood, eternal life, etc...it's all very weird.

Blueflame
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM

You have to know RaiderH8r... in the post you quoted he's using extreme hyperbole to illustrate how ridiculous it is to bring race into the debate.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Well if you think about it, dont the Catholics (my Church of choice by the way) promote canibalism with the whole transub thing above...either that or I was thinking maybe vampirism, drinking blood, eternal life, etc...it's all very weird.

I was excommunicated when I was 15 because during communion I told the priest I'd rather taste the body of Mary. He got all pissy about it.

Goobzilla
12-07-2010, 02:28 PM
You can't lump me in with those degenerates. My shenanigans are cheeky and fun. Their shenanigans are cruel and tragic which makes them not really shenanigans at all. Evil shenanigans.

I'll pistol whip the next one of you that says shenanigans.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Hey, MVPPlaya, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Miss I.

But i like that word. And hey since I quoted you, do you get pistol whipped or do I? ;D

elsid13

We do? Darn, I really should go to mass more I'm missing my baby allocation.

broncosteven

Is Shenanigans a chain like Appleby's or TGI Fridays?

elsid13
12-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Yes, but they wear more Flair

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Duck! Here comes the pistol whipping! Ouch! ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 02:33 PM
http://aklemai.com/albums/forum/shenanigans7bb.gif

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 02:35 PM
We do? Darn, I really should go to mass more I'm missing my baby allocation.

well my dad told me the only reason he wanted to be an alter boy as a kid was that he heard they secretly sacrificed pagan babies. My dad is a little daft though. He punched a priest when he was in High school. this could be where I get that need to punch things. Not sure. ;D

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 02:36 PM

I know. ROFL! had to throw in a KC comment.

TDmvp
http://aklemai.com/albums/forum/shenanigans7bb.gif

Hilarious! Super Troopers Rep ...

I had never watched that because I normally hate slap stick comedy , but caught the first part on cable the other night with the kids getting pulled over and laughed so hard I had to watch it ... Some damn funny moments for something I wouldn't normally like/watch.

The MVPlaya
Hey, MVPPlaya, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy **** on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

I really have no idea what you're talking about. If this is some sort of racial bias remark, I still have no idea...

jhns
12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Fans obviously made an impact on this.

You're welcome.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I really have no idea what you're talking about. If this is some sort of racial bias remark, I still have no idea...

Ha. Lucky guess. I just lost a buck. To myself.

Goobzilla
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
You're going to set my country music award on fire?

elsid13
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Hey, let's pop some Viagras and issue tickets with raging, mega-huge boners.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 02:43 PM
You're going to set my country music award on fire?

It's powdered sugar. It's delicious.

Goobzilla
12-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Well I'm glad! LOL

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey, let's pop some Viagras and issue tickets with raging, mega-huge boners.

well that's just not fair. That doesn't work for me. ;D

crawdad
12-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Rep to you darlin'!

crawdad
12-07-2010, 02:54 PM
But i like that word. And hey since I quoted you, do you get pistol whipped or do I? ;D

I think you just want to be whipped! ;)

Miss I.
12-07-2010, 02:59 PM
I think you just want to be whipped! ;)

only whipped creamed. ;D

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 03:03 PM
only whipped creamed. ;D

I would rather talk about the amount of thrust needed to launch men from Mars and the chemical reactions that help generate all that needed thrusting of the men and women astronauts as they thrust themselves into orbit.

Goobzilla
12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
I heard McD got fired for littering and? littering and?

Archer81
12-07-2010, 03:12 PM

I want a goddamned liter of cola...

crawdad
12-07-2010, 03:49 PM
only whipped creamed. ;D

Cute, Gina! That'll do!

Clockwork Orange
12-07-2010, 04:42 PM
I heard McD got fired for littering and? littering and?

Smoking the reefer! :wave:

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
To Mistercool,

I gave this guy a chance and so did most, but he's a loser cheat and I'll be surprised if he ever coaches in the NFL again. He makes bad decisions left and right consistently over time. In psychology, we would call this behavior.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:21 PM
To Mistercool,

I gave this guy a chance and so did most, but he's a loser cheat and I'll be surprised if he ever coaches in the NFL again. He makes bad decisions left and right consistently over time. In psychology, we would call this behavior.

I'd like to know how he cheated.

Gort
12-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes, but they wear more Flair

http://cynicritics.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/flair.jpg

i don't care what anyone says, she was hot once.

Jesterhole
12-07-2010, 05:35 PM
I'd like to know how he cheated.

I'd like to know how long you're going to defend this unwanted piece of crap that hurt the franchise.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I'd like to know how long you're going to defend this unwanted piece of crap that hurt the franchise.

Not sure how he hurt it when the previous coach had already put it at rock bottom.

TDmvp
12-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Not sure how he hurt it when the previous coach had already put it at rock bottom.

Yea Shanny only won the 2nd most games of any coach in the league for the last 15 years ...

But yea we was at rock bottom LOL ...

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14398745/cleveland-receives-stolen-goods-in-new-hero-hillis

Cleveland receives stolen goods in new hero Hillis

By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Dec. 7, 2010

If they're going to throw a farewell party for Josh McDaniels, I suggest they do it in Cleveland. Nobody should be more grateful for what McDaniels accomplished in Denver than the Cleveland Browns -- and if you're not sure why then you haven't been following Peyton Hillis.

Hillis is not just the best back and best player on the Browns. He's one of the best backs and one of the best players in the NFL.

He runs. He catches. He blocks. He scores touchdowns. Lots and lots of touchdowns. He's tough. He's durable. He's charismatic. Teammates love him. Coaches love him. Fans adore him.

"He's beloved," said Browns' general manager Tom Heckert. "He's the kind of guy the city should embrace. Obviously, we're glad we have him."

And that's where McDaniels comes in. Because the Cleveland Browns wouldn't have Peyton Hillis if the former Denver coach wasn't so willing to get rid of him. According to league sources, McDaniels had been interested in trading Hillis for nearly a year before he agreed to a deal with Cleveland that now seems so lopsided you wonder if McDaniels is descended from Harry Frazee.

I mean, Peyton Hillis and two draft picks for ... Brady Quinn? Please. Yet that's precisely the trade McDaniels OK'd last March, shortly after Mike Holmgren took over as the Browns' president.

What makes the deal so compelling is that Cleveland had decided it was finished with Quinn. In fact, it shopped him for weeks with no one interested and was this close to waiving the guy until McDaniels came to the rescue. He expressed interest in Quinn before, so the Browns figured they'd check with him again before cutting Quinn loose.

They discovered that not only was McDaniels still intrigued by Quinn but was willing to offer the Browns the running back they coveted. That was Hillis, who'd come to coach Eric Mangini's attention when Hillis played against Mangini's New York Jets in 2008 and ran for a then-career-high 129 yards and a touchdown.

Mangini liked everything about the guy and made a mental note then to track him if he ever became available. But he wasn't alone. When Heckert was the GM in Philadelphia, he was on to Hillis, too, figuring he'd be a perfect fit for the Eagles.

Of course, nothing ever happened until the Browns put Quinn on the market, and then it happened in a hurry. Once Denver was interested, it was easy for Mangini and Heckert to zero in on a target, with both agreeing that Hillis could improve the Browns with his running, his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and his toughness.

But they didn't stop there. Instead, they somehow convinced Denver to throw in two draft picks -- a sixth-rounder in 2010 and an undetermined 2011 choice that probably becomes another sixth -- to sweeten a deal that, frankly, helped make both clubs what they are today.

In Quinn, McDaniels thought he was getting a future starter. Instead, he's the team's third-stringer and hasn't played a down this season. In Hillis, the Browns knew what they were getting, and what you see today is the product of a club that did its homework.

"He's changed things here," said Mangini. "When he's rolling, and we're rolling it's a beautiful thing."

Mangini is right. Hillis has changed things. The Browns may not be the most entertaining or most talented club on the planet, but they're tough, effective and a difficult out. In short, they're a reflection of their running back. They drew the league's toughest schedule, yet never backed down -- playing opponents so hard and close that six of their games, including the last three, each were decided by four or fewer points.

They blew out defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans. They buried New England. They took the Jets to overtime. They could have beaten Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Baltimore and Kansas City. They should've beaten Jacksonville. Cleveland rocks, and nobody is rocking the Browns ... and their fans ... like Peyton Hillis. He leads the team in rushing, leads the team in catches, has nearly twice as many touchdowns (13) as the Browns' leading scorer a year ago (7) and has more scores than any running back in the NFL outside of Houston's Arian Foster (15).

But that's just the beginning, people. He's the only Browns' back outside of Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly to rush for 11 TDs in one year -- and the first since Kelly did it in 1968. He has a touchdown in all but two games. He's tied for the league lead in third-and-one conversions with a perfect 9-for-9. He ranks second among running backs in receptions with 53. He's fourth in first downs and fifth in total yardage, and his 1,398 yards in offense comprise 38.1 percent of the Browns' output.

"He has a ton of touchdowns," said Mangini, "and some of them have been blocked. But there have been others where he just willed his way into the end zone. He's added toughness around here that's contagious. Guys 'ooh' and 'ah' when they watch some of those plays, and it sets a tempo."

Hillis is relentless, running over and through anyone who gets in his way, and he's so reliable, so dependable, so, well, indispensable, that when the Browns were trying to close out New England early last month they called on Hillis. Ahead by 13 points with just over six minutes to go, Cleveland ran him every play of its game-clinching drive. Hillis responded by carrying six times for 60 yards, punctuating the series with a 35-yard TD.

"He's the real deal," said Heckert.

Too bad McDaniels didn't get the memo. Losing Peyton Hillis didn't cost him his job, but it helped to build the case against him. I can't imagine where the Broncos would be with Peyton Hillis, but I do know where Cleveland would be without him -- and here's to Eric Mangini and Tom Heckert for making sure that didn't happen.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 05:51 PM
As per above article..Fans spoke to Bowlen and traded Hillis to CLE for HOF QB Quinn

Popps
Yea Shanny only won the 2nd most games of any coach in the league for the last 15 years ...

Hasn't done much lately, has he.

Love the guy, but it was time to move on.

The MVPlaya

I guess 1 playoff win in 10 years was mastery. If that's not piss poor, I guess you Brocos fans don't have very high standards. It's ok, just go drink.

Jesterhole
12-07-2010, 05:54 PM

Rock bottom? I assure you, we are much closer to rock bottom now than we *ever* were under Shanahan. Oh, and there were those two Super Bowls. And the AFC Championship game.

I wasn't asking about Shanahan, I was asking how long you plan on supporting McFired?

Jesterhole
12-07-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14398745/cleveland-receives-stolen-goods-in-new-hero-hillis

Cleveland receives stolen goods in new hero Hillis

By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Dec. 7, 2010

Wow, that really hurt to read.

Jetmeck
12-07-2010, 05:59 PM
I guess 1 playoff win in 10 years was mastery. If that's not piss poor, I guess you Brocos fans don't have very high standards. It's ok, just go drink.

If your running for idiot of the month, heres my vote.....Nnyah!

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 06:00 PM
If your running for idiot of the month, heres my vote.....Nnyah!

Idiot would mean I make posts that have no meaning, valid points, or logical thought with support.

Now read your post again...

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 06:05 PM

5 of last 17, 11 of 17 they give out the Lombardi for that and HC's who fill their staff's of cheaters right?

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Rock bottom? I assure you, we are much closer to rock bottom now than we *ever* were under Shanahan. Oh, and there were those two Super Bowls. And the AFC Championship game.

I wasn't asking about Shanahan, I was asking how long you plan on supporting McFired?

Shanny's downfall was he didn't have a rebuilding year, even 1999 was more competitive than this year with 5 QB's!

We never had time to reload in the draft drafting in the 20's all the time.

This year we get a high pick and hope the new guy can utilize the talent he has without having to ship what skill players we do have out.

Missouribronc
12-07-2010, 06:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/101207_mcdaniels_fired&sportCat=nfl

They are laughing at you Broncos fans. Laughing. At you. Not McDaniels.

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2010, 06:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/101207_mcdaniels_fired&sportCat=nfl

Who gives a crap? I've been laughed at by better people.

Jetmeck
12-07-2010, 06:15 PM
Idiot would mean I make posts that have no meaning, valid points, or logical thought with support.

Now read your post again...

Exactly you have no clue whatsoever. Are you 12 ? Dont know much about football or just a little slow ????

Jetmeck
12-07-2010, 06:16 PM

Let em laugh, I am so happy I damn near cried..................ROFL!

Jesterhole

This is a gem.

"Page 2: Josh McDaniels' little brother is still on the staff. Will you only know true peace when the entire staff is McDaniels free?

Leher: If the Broncos had a sense of humor, Ben McDaniels would have made a dynamite interim head coach. "

broncosteven
Exactly you have no clue whatsoever. Are you 12 ? Dont know much about football or just a little slow ????

He is 12.

elsid13
12-07-2010, 06:19 PM

Mo

Who cares what one columnist at ESPiN thinks. This team was is disarray and showing no signs of life.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2010, 06:20 PM
He is 12.

And a little slow.

ohiobronco2
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
http://cynicritics.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/flair.jpg

i don't care what anyone says, she was hot once.

You know....The Nazis had pieces of flair they made the Jews wear.Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM

good to know 8-8 was rock bottom. The only thing you are doing here is making us defend Shanahan. We are 3-9.....3-9! Add to the fact that he made numerous mistakes at drafting, trading, game planning and execution of game management. Congrats on being the biggest hard headed fool. Popps is so happy you came out to defend McD yesterday.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 06:33 PM
It was time to move on from Shanny. And McD was a poor choice.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 06:38 PM
It was time to move on from Shanny. And McD was a poor choice.

B-I-N-G-O

It is now the Studesville era

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 06:40 PM
B-I-N-G-O

It is now the Studesville era

I hope the guy does well for himself. You can pretty much count on a wholesale turnover of the staff if we bring in an actual GM. Best of luck to Studesville. He sounds like a solid dude.

strafen
12-07-2010, 06:47 PM
good to know 8-8 was rock bottom. The only thing you are doing here is making us defend Shanahan. We are 3-9.....3-9! Add to the fact that he made numerous mistakes at drafting, trading, game planning and execution of game management. Congrats on being the biggest hard headed fool. Popps is so happy you came out to defend McD yesterday.This is typical around here.
Trying to blatantly defend McDaniels while trying to make Shanahan look bad.
Unbelievable!
Shanahan is being trashed in favor of the guy who singlehandedly ruined this franchise in record time.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
This is typical around here.
Unbelievable!
Shanahan is being trashed in favor of the guy who singlehandedly ruined this franchise in record time.

I think it is showing that Shanahan wasnt as bad as McDaniels but Shanahan had to go also. We are better than 8-8. Let Lions strive for that.

db56
12-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Unbelievable!

McDaniels didnt ruin the franchise, Mr Bowlen ruined the franchise. he is responsible for firing an experienced HC and hiring a inexperienced HC and giving him too much control!!

Maximus
12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
How can they be when they were just embarrassed this bad? Ha!

I mean...they hitched their wagon so firmly to McD that they went down in flames with him. it wouldnt be so bad if they werent so vicious to people who dared question the McD regime, but those people were villified here.

Maybe karma really does exist. Hilarious!

The same thing will happen to the Tebow fanboys!

Popps
12-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm still looking for this massive group of "die-hard McDaniels soldiers" that people claim exist. It's sort of like Bigfoot. People talk about it around here a lot, but there's never any real sightings.

I mean, I was all for giving the guy a fair chance and being realistic about a rebuilding process, but I said all along that if he didn't turn it around.... he'd follow Shanahan as the next guy to leave Denver, and I'd be rooting for our next coach.

There's so much pent up hatred towards a group of people that doesn't even seem to exist. Even stranger, those hateful people don't even seem happy now that he's gone.
They're still complaining.

I'm excited about this team, the talent we have and the future. Same as I was last week. But, to each his own.

strafen
12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
McDaniels didnt ruin the franchise, Mr Bowlen ruined the franchise. he is responsible for firing an experienced HC and hiring a inexperienced HC and giving him too much control!!Would you have said that two days ago?

Riiight!

TDmvp
12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I'm still looking for this massive group of "die-hard McDaniels soldiers" that people claim exist. It's sort of like Bigfoot. People talk about it around here a lot, but there's never any real sightings.

I have photographic proof they exist :O) :poke::poke::poke:Nnyah!Nnyah!Nnyah!

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/467/com090731otljoshmcdanie.jpg

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 07:25 PM
i have photographic proof they exist :o) :poke::poke::poke:nnyah!nnyah!nnyah!

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/467/com090731otljoshmcdanie.jpg

Good one..LOL

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM

I mean, I was all for giving the guy a fair chance and being realistic about a rebuilding process, but I said all along that if he didn't turn it around.... he'd follow Shanahan as the next guy to leave Denver, and I'd be rooting for our next coach.

There's so much pent up hatred towards a group of people that doesn't even seem to exist. Even stranger, those hateful people don't even seem happy now that he's gone.

I'm excited about this team, the talent we have and the future. Same as I was last week. But, to each his own.

I think people are complaining because he **** in our bed and then didnt get us any new sheets. Same ****ty, stained sheets lying there as the day he crapped in it. As for the McDaniels pro group, there werent too many by the Chiefs game. There was Baja, MVPlaya and you that were outspoken. All others went underground. Be happy MVP and Baja exist. You arent that nuts to be parading McDaniels. On to the next coach and the future. BTW, this thread is just Hillis now. Cant blame Studesville for this one.

Rohirrim
12-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Leher: It feels great to be able to cheer for the Denver Broncos once again -- I love the Broncos. It sucked to have to silently cheer for the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs to beat us so we could get on with firing the head coach

vancejohnson82
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM

this post sums it up quite well

Archer81
12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Hmm...

Im thinking this thread needs something.

broncswin
12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Unbelievable!

It has been typical both ways...popps on one side and you on the other...get over it!

New Era coming!!

Archer81
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Hmm...

Im thinking this thread needs something.

http://tinyurl.com/37t7ryn

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Leher: It feels great to be able to cheer for the Denver Broncos once again -- I love the Broncos. It sucked to have to silently cheer for the Raiders, Chargers and Chiefs to beat us so we could get on with firing the head coach

do we neg rep u for "Leher" or is there a way we can do it directly to him?

gyldenlove
12-07-2010, 07:52 PM
I hope the guy does well for himself. You can pretty much count on a wholesale turnover of the staff if we bring in an actual GM. Best of luck to Studesville. He sounds like a solid dude.

I was going through the coaches in my head last night trying to work out whom I would like to keep on staff and who I think should be replaced, and it turns out I really don't feel any strong need to keep any of the coaches we have.

Keith Burns, Roman Phifer, Wayne Nunnely (DL) and Adam Gase (WR) are the only guys I thought should not be fired right away. I know the DL has been crap this year, but I think that has more to do with the scheme than the position coaching.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 07:56 PM
I was going through the coaches in my head last night trying to work out whom I would like to keep on staff and who I think should be replaced, and it turns out I really don't feel any strong need to keep any of the coaches we have.

Keith Burns, Roman Phifer, Wayne Nunnely (DL) and Adam Gase (WR) are the only guys I thought should not be fired right away. I know the DL has been crap this year, but I think that has more to do with the scheme than the position coaching.

If we bring in a solid GM, then you can pretty much count on bringing in his guys. I'm sure there are some good people on staff, but that's what I would fully expect.

~Crash~
12-07-2010, 07:58 PM

You know McDaniel's neutered Nolan right ? who is to say he did not do the same to wink ? I am looking forward to seeing this team the next 4 weeks .

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM

I think they should flush all the Ohio High School legends and get some NFL experienced position coaches. It speaks volumes that we had to elevate the RB coach and not a DC or OC for the temp gig.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 08:02 PM
You know McDaniel's neutered Nolan right ? who is to say he did not do the same to wink ? I am looking forward to seeing this team the next 4 weeks .

Excellent take, it will be fun to see what happens the next 4 weeks, at least this change makes the last 4 meaningless games meaningfull and maybe sends a message to guys who mCd might not have been able to motivate (think Phonze type motivation)

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I think they should flush all the Ohio High School legends and get some NFL experienced position coaches. It speaks volumes that we had to elevate the RB coach and not a DC or OC for the temp gig.

To be fair, I don't think that Martindale has his mind on football right now.

http://golf-swing.net/images/john-daly-shirtless.JPG

Rohirrim
12-07-2010, 08:03 PM
do we neg rep u for "Leher" or is there a way we can do it directly to him?

Missouribronc wants us to feel bad because of this guy's opinion.

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2010, 08:04 PM

A dude that dresses like Wink has to be comedy gold in a postgame interview.

I'm kinda disappointed he wasn't named in that regard.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 08:10 PM
A dude that dresses like Wink has to be comedy gold in a postgame interview.

I'm kinda disappointed he wasn't named in that regard.

He does dress like a 50 year old lesbian who has lots of cats.

Archer81
12-07-2010, 08:13 PM

Rex Ryan?

Missouribronc
12-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Mo

Who cares what one columnist at ESPiN thinks. This team was is disarray and showing no signs of life.

The columnist didn't write anything and certainly applied little commentary. That's why its so pathetic. And people are proud of that. Proud.

I'm embarrassed as a Broncos fan right now at the reaction from the fan base. Truly pathetic.

I wanted McDaniels gone after the Rams game, by the way. But the reaction from Broncos "fans" today is truly pathetic.

I thought this franchise's fans were better than this. I was wrong. I thought we were the "Nebraska" fans of college football, who acted with grace when we lost and could at least be the bigger person when faced with adversity. I was wrong.

Spin it how you want, but the reaction of this fan base to even an ounce of adversity, has been truly pathetic and embarrassing.

broncocalijohn
12-07-2010, 09:41 PM

I was thinking Mock, no? (too soon?)

yerner
12-07-2010, 09:56 PM
The columnist didn't write anything and certainly applied little commentary. That's why its so pathetic. And people are proud of that. Proud.

I'm embarrassed as a Broncos fan right now at the reaction from the fan base. Truly pathetic.

I wanted McDaniels gone after the Rams game, by the way. But the reaction from Broncos "fans" today is truly pathetic.

I thought this franchise's fans were better than this. I was wrong. I thought we were the "Nebraska" fans of college football, who acted with grace when we lost and could at least be the bigger person when faced with adversity. I was wrong.

Spin it how you want, but the reaction of this fan base to even an ounce of adversity, has been truly pathetic and embarrassing.

Wow. Take it easy, man.

The MVPlaya
12-08-2010, 11:06 AM

The reaction to the whole state of Colorado and city of Denver is pathetic and embarrassing. The Denver media outlets just suck.

bendog
12-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Imo it's just a lucky thing that McD didn't have a dog