PDA

View Full Version : feel bad for the guy

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 05:03 PM
damn. he woulda done anything to win, and he busted his ass here, did everything he could to make this work. he did have a very clear, concise plan on how this team should work, and theoretically its the way to build a championship football team. i was hoping he could get it together, just never happened and started falling apart at the seams. hope he does great next year, ill be rooting for him.

OABB
12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
i think the guy deserves a little respect. I agree. I think he made a lot of mistakes, and overall this firing seemed inevitable, but broncos fans should show a little class for the guy.

WIth that said, I'm moving on. I liked him, but it just wasn't working.

Broncomutt
12-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Do your ****ing job!

Hilarious!

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Do your ****ing job!

Hilarious!

almost what it came down to. he preached accountability, and this team simply is not winning right now, it looks bad in a lot of areas.

Rulon Velvet Jones
12-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Poor guy.

All he tried to do was win a mother****ing game.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
LOL fanboi. McD sucked and it was obvious from the get go. Someone finally woke Bowlen up from his drunken stupor and told him what was going on.

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
No, it really started falling apart when the Cutler trade came to light.

Doggcow
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Poor guy.

All he tried to do was win a mother****ing game.

Best memory ever.

TDmvp
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I feel bad for the guy

You would ... You've only tried every possible way to defend this moron.

Jason in LA
12-06-2010, 05:13 PM
What ever. I feel bad for all the players and staff that had to deal with a 5-17 under McD's leadership. I'll give him credit for busting his ass to build a winner, but his way of doing it is not the way to build a championship team. It's a way to piss everybody off while losing a lot of games.

Where ever he ends up, I really don't care, I just hope we don't get a boat load of threads about how he is doing. Best wishes to the guy, but I really don't care.

snowspot66
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
You would ... You've only tried every possible way to defend this moron.

Oh so now we're attacking a basic and decent human emotion in addition to each other, Pat Bowlen, and whoever is the head coach?

It's over. Don't be a dick.

ro_50
12-06-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't feel that bad -- dude is getting $6 million (provided Denver has to pay him with the whole just cause thing) and will get another job, probably as an offensive coordinator.

DenverBroncosJM
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
It was a chicken **** way to fire someone. Fire him before his presser but dont fire the guy after his presser. I equate to a company having lay offs, you have to walk around and fire everyone and then after you go through all the **** you get called in and fired.

Chicken **** way to run a business

elsid13
This what happens in the NFL coaches get fired. They all know this and it part of their life. McDaniels is walking away with two year remain on his contract, so it not like he won't be able to feed his family.

strafen
damn. he woulda done anything to win, and he busted his ass here, did everything he could to make this work. he did have a very clear, concise plan on how this team should work, and theoretically its the way to build a championship football team. i was hoping he could get it together, just never happened and started falling apart at the seams. hope he does great next year, ill be rooting for him.
Yup. He tried to film the freakin' 49ers walkthrough in KLondon just to beat a crappy team.
Yup, he was willing to do what ever it took to win!

McDman
12-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Tsi you're asking to get flamed.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
you feel bad for the guy that ruined this franchise???

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I don't.

He got paid to lose.

He did it to himself by running the team into the ground.

steeledude
12-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Let's see, he shipped out a young talented offensive core, great players, wasted draft picks, threw hissy fits until a great defensive coordinator couldn't take it anymore, got rid of good talent evaluators in the Goodmans. I could go on, but why?

The guy REFUSED to listen to anyone, thought he was smarter than everyone in the room. And here is the result. A job like his has to be a team effort.

I sure as hell hope they let Champ sign now.

bronco militia
12-06-2010, 05:23 PM
you feel bad for a millionaire that got caught cheating?

http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/29b.gif

TDmvp
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Oh so now we're attacking a basic and decent human emotion in addition to each other, Pat Bowlen, and whoever is the head coach?

It's over. Don't be a dick.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious! Whatever ...

I will save my pity for someone who deserves it not a 32 year arrogant football coach who got paid millions ...

Sorry snow but you have been right there with Tsiguy defending everything Josh does , so your post sounds a little like your mad about being wrong...

Ramathorn
12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
lol fanboi. Mcd sucked and it was obvious from the get go. Someone finally woke bowlen up from his drunken stupor and told him what was going on.

i love you! Have i ever told you that!

Kaylore
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
All TSI enmity aside, I do feel bad for coach. It's not like Josh liked losing or wanted to get fired. I think he'll be a head coach some day, and a good one. One thing good for him getting fired is he can get out of town. Some of the ridiculous things people were saying around town, how they want to find him and take his family, he deserved to die, etc. it was terrible. I root for all my coaches whether I agree with them or not. If there's one thing this whole thing has taught me, it's that many of you here take this way too seriously.

bronco militia
12-06-2010, 05:30 PM
LOL fanboi. McD sucked and it was obvious from the get go. Someone finally woke Bowlen up from his drunken stupor and told him what was going on.

http://www.cirith-ennor.co.uk/theoden.jpg

Pony Boy
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
almost what it came down to. he preached accountability, and this team simply is not winning right now, it looks bad in a lot of areas.

so, I guess that was a live and die statement..... ROFL!

gyldenlove
12-06-2010, 05:40 PM
All TSI enmity aside, I do feel bad for coach. It's not like Josh liked losing or wanted to get fired. I think he'll be a head coach some day, and a good one. One thing good for him getting fired is he can get out of town. Some of the ridiculous things people were saying around town, how they want to find him and take his family, he deserved to die, etc. it was terrible. I root for all my coaches whether I agree with them or not. If there's one thing this whole thing has taught me, it's that many of you here take this way too seriously.

He is like Alphonso Smith, he build up a bad rep in this town too quick and it interfered with him doing his job. Much like Smith it was largely his own actions that caused the problem, unintentionally I am sure, but still not beyond his control.

Good and bad things can be said about him for sure, some great sound bites, loved that he went into Kansas City and beat them in December last year and that he won in San Diego. The biggest mistake I can put my finger on was ignoring the defense, it cost him and unfortunately while he gets to leave town several million dollars richer, the rest of us have to live with the consequences of that neglect.

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Cutler is gone. Josh wasn't all bad. ;D

hades
12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Wouldn't it be classic if he ended up in some offensive coahing position where he sent some of our old offensive players, like the Browns or Detroit.

TDmvp
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Yea I bet Jay is crushed about it on his favorite team as a child and 9-3 while we are 3-9 and in a cluster#uck.

Move on already ...

KevinJames
12-06-2010, 05:49 PM
This will set us back further than you think McDaniels set us back

our future is ****en grim

mark my words its going to get ugly, real ugly were about to be a cellar team for the next couple of years

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 05:53 PM
@LanceBall35: Aye this the closest thing to Obama being elected president !!!!! #nfl Let's Gooo !!!

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 05:53 PM

Exactly, be gone Joshy boy. Dont let the door hit ya on the way out.

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Yea I bet Jay is crushed about it on his favorite team as a child and 9-3 while we are 3-9 and in a cluster#uck.

Move on already ...

Hey, as long as I don't have to watch that mopey ****head in the orange & blue it's all good. :thumbs:

KipCorrington25
12-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Yeah he would have done anything to win, well excpet work things out with Pro Bowl talent instead of trading them for crap like Orton. :strong:

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM

mark my words its going to get ugly, real ugly were about to be a cellar team for the next couple of years

At least we'll know who and why.

Jesterhole
This should be the sorry ass thread where you and Popps and Baja and Dagmar can all come and cry and talk about following your boy McFail to the next franchise he'll destroy.

Dr. Broncenstein

As opposed to the juggernaut we had during the McShambles era?

Jason in LA
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
This should be the sorry ass thread where you and Popps and Baja and Dagmar can all come and cry and talk about following your boy McFail to the next franchise he'll destroy.

Not all of them are showing up.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Not all of them are showing up.

kinda like you jackasses after every win for the last 2 years ROFL!

you act like people that liked mcdaniels are the worst people on the planet. i bet you are one of those people that want josh mcdaniels dead, arent you

spdirty
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Oh **** that. This snot nosed little prick ripped the guts out of this team and took us to depths we haven't seen in 40 years. I hope this mother ****er is nothing but a failure in everything from coaching to life in general.

I wish I knew when his plane leaves DIA so I can spit on him at the airport.

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM

you act like people that liked mcdaniels are the worst people on the planet. i bet you are one of those people that want josh mcdaniels dead, arent you

Maybe just his puppy...strangled in front of him.

I hate the guy for what he did to this team, for setting us back for year to come, for trading away our best young players, and for making us a joke. You and your circle jerk crew were either too stupid to know it or past the point of caring...in either case, not wanted.

This will go down as one of the worst blunders in NFL history. How does your support for the douche feel now?

s0phr0syne
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Oh **** that. This snot nosed little prick ripped the guts out of this team and took us to depths we haven't seen in 40 years. I hope this mother ****er is nothing but a failure in everything from coaching to life in general.

**** off.

Popps
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM

Agree, man. I said from day one that the guy would have run through walls for the team. But, he made missteps... and the camera thing was the biggest. Even if his hands were clean, he should have known better than to bring that guy in.

I actually love a lot of the players he's left us with. I think we'll be thanking McDaniels in the future for some of these guys.

He's a good football mind and he'll land on his feet somewhere. I hope our next coach is as passionate and dedicated as he was.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Maybe just his puppy...strangled in front of him.

I hate the guy for what he did to this team, for setting us back for year to come, for trading away our best young players, and for making us a joke. You and your circle jerk crew were either too stupid to know it or past the point of caring...in either case, not wanted.

This will go down as one of the worst blunders in NFL history. How does your support for the douche feel now?

feels just fine, i usually try to support the denver broncos, like most real fans.

cutler is gone, thank god, and hillis is as well. who else did he trade away that is better than anyone on this team right now?

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 06:08 PM

BRILLIANT, maybe......maybe if TEBOW does become a good QB THIS WILL HAVE BEEN A GOOD MOVE BUT CUTLER STRAIGHT UP VERSUS ORTON WAS DEFINITELY A BIG MISTAKE......................

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
BRILLIANT, maybe......maybe if TEBOW does become a good QB THIS WILL HAVE BEEN A GOOD MOVE BUT CUTLER STRAIGHT UP VERSUS ORTON WAS DEFINITELY A BIG MISTAKE......................

recent history says otherwise. would be nice if we had arguably the best defense in the league, im sure orton would appreciate it too.

gunns
12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I'm in shock. I came here, didn't pay attention, went to Yahoo and saw that he was fired. I feel bad for him too, it's too bad he couldn't have some time to develop the team. I never thought it was his intention to ruin the team. But this is a business and what have you done for me lately, i.e., winning and that wasn't happening. I think the filming crap was Bowlen's last straw and he knew he'd have to jump in the coaching carousel to get what he wants. I just think Josh was in over his head and still a little young. It's both good and kind of sad.

Que
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
damn. I woulda done anything to win, and I busted my ass here, did everything I could to make this work. I did have a very clear, concise plan on how this team should work, and theoretically its the way to build a championship football team. i was hoping I could get it together, just never happened and started falling apart at the seams. hope I do great next year, please be rooting for me.

Fixed it for you.

tsiguy = Josh McDaniels. Sorry couldn't resist. I actually hear you. Head Coaches aren't on leashes anymore in the NFL. They're on choke chains. $$$ is too great and the amount of damage that can be done from some bad personnel decisions makes it so.

Jetmeck
feels just fine, i usually try to support the denver broncos, like most real fans.

cutler is gone, thank god, and hillis is as well. who else did he trade away that is better than anyone on this team right now?

Here is the core of it. We werent real BRONCO FANS because we didnt support McDummy ? You are an idiot and all of us were just vindicated today............................

spdirty
hope he does great next year, ill be rooting for him.

Go be a fan of whatever team he goes to then. Go buy their **** and go all out supporting them.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Go be a fan of whatever team he goes to then. Go buy their **** and go all out supporting them.

hahahahahaha, like you did with the bears and the redskins? ps how the skins doing lately?

wolf754life
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
It was a chicken **** way to fire someone. Fire him before his presser but dont fire the guy after his presser. I equate to a company having lay offs, you have to walk around and fire everyone and then after you go through all the **** you get called in and fired.

Chicken **** way to run a business

after he announced in his presser that orton would still play bowlen had enough.

tebow will now get some pt during the last quarter of this year.

read between the lines ass face

wolf754life
12-06-2010, 06:14 PM

59-14 in invesco against the raiders wasn't ugly enough

DBroncos4life
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
It looks like Tsi needs a new favorite team....

NYBronco
12-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I feel bad for McD and was hoping he would make another year. He's a young coach and learning on the go, Bowlen knew this when he hired him. I wish him the best.

spdirty
12-06-2010, 06:21 PM
hahahahahaha, like you did with the bears and the redskins? ps how the skins doing lately?

Not the Bears, but at least the Redskins coach did some pretty nice positive things for this team and town. I will be forever grateful to Mike Shanahan for what he accomplished here. As for Cutler and Mcd, they can both **** off.

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
We should stick a few of these to the side of his moving van.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Fathead/Tall_Beige_Room_Rocker_Door_Template?layer=comp&wid=640&hei=640&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.2,0,0&iccEmbed=0&$product_template=is{Fathead/12-20622_nfl_p_hillis?scl=1%26$layer_1_src%3dis{Fathe ad/shim%3fscl%3d1}}

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Agree, man. I said from day one that the guy would have run through walls for the team. But, he made missteps... and the camera thing was the biggest. Even if his hands were clean, he should have known better than to bring that guy in.

I actually love a lot of the players he's left us with. I think we'll be thanking McDaniels in the future for some of these guys.

He's a good football mind and he'll land on his feet somewhere. I hope our next coach is as passionate and dedicated as he was.

OK, so this is where the circle jerk crowd is at...McDaniels was a shining star brought down by some terrible scandal. What a complete joke...this was a simple excuse to end the destruction of the franchise while saving some face. Nothing more.

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM

You're playing the true fan card even AFTER McD proved to everyone, even his closest players, that he sucks?

Gtfo kid.

ScottXray
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM

He was paid well and failed. I do think he really tried, but horsehoes and H-bombs are the only things where close counts. And unless he gets another excellent job he will probably take Bowlens 6.9 mill over the next 2 years and take some time off. Then He'll probably find a job as a QB coach somewhere and start working his way back up the NFL ladder. Eventually with a little more life experience he will probably get another shot and do well.

But Other than the immediate pain for his ego I don't feel too bad for him.

I only hope that Bowlen actually has some plan in mind and that he didn't just fire McD with no other thought than he didn't like what has been happening. That could end up a repeat of Shanny's firing again.

maven
12-06-2010, 06:45 PM
He sucked an ran the team into the ground. Good riddance!!!!!!

maven
12-06-2010, 06:47 PM

That is my thought. He ruined this team. I don't feel bad for him one bit!

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 06:49 PM

Sniff some more paint, dum***. Ha!

Popps
12-06-2010, 06:56 PM

Amen.

Merlin
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
you act like people that liked mcdaniels are the worst people on the planet.
No, they were just incredibly stupid in their football analysis when defending McD's incompetence, and then tried to play the fan card when their idiocy was highlighted to them. Karma is a...

Merlin
12-06-2010, 07:14 PM
The Skins already improved on their previous yr's record, something McD never accomplished even though he had a far better team and a boatload of draft picks...oh and Shanny has only started.

PS, the Skins have a better record than Denver even though they are in a tougher division and have lesser players are are truly in rebuilding mode. Do you really want to compare an idiot who destroyed Denver's team and accomplished nothing but losing with a HC that gave us two SBs??? To borrow from your vocabulary, are you not a Denver fan???

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
We should stick a few of these to the side of his moving van.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Fathead/Tall_Beige_Room_Rocker_Door_Template?layer=comp&wid=640&hei=640&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95,1&op_sharpen=1&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.2,0,0&iccEmbed=0&$product_template=is{Fathead/12-20622_nfl_p_hillis?scl=1%26$layer_1_src%3dis{Fathe ad/shim%3fscl%3d1}}

I do find it comical that pretty much every talking head tonight has made an effort to bring this trade front and center in the "reasons McD had to go" discussion, yet I'm sure not one of them said a peep when the trade was made. In fact, some of them (I'm looking at you Clayton) went so far as to say the Broncos gave up NOTHING to get Quinn and said we won the trade when it was first announced.

wolf754life
12-06-2010, 07:18 PM
The Skins already improved on their previous yr's record, something McD never accomplished even though he had a far better team and a boatload of draft picks...oh and Shanny has only started.

PS, the Skins have a better record than Denver even though they are in a tougher division and have lesser players are are truly in rebuilding mode. Do you really want to compare an idiot who destroyed Denver's team and accomplished nothing but losing with a HC that gave us two SBs??? To borrow from your vocabulary, are you not a Denver fan???

wrong, 90 % of the board would take the redskins roster over ours

bpc
12-06-2010, 07:19 PM
**** McDaniels for making this franchise into a living hell for the fans.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM

Didn't you follow mCd over from the Pats? Maybe I am thinking of someone else, if so sorry.

orinjkrush
12-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Admiral Kimmel thought he did a good job preparing the troops and working his strategy.

Some people argued it wasnt his fault Pearl Harbor happened on his watch.

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 07:27 PM
**** McDaniels for making this franchise into a living hell for the fans.

Funny. That's how I felt for Shanahan's last few years.

Especially his last three games.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 07:27 PM
He was paid well and failed. I do think he really tried, but horsehoes and H-bombs are the only things where close counts. And unless he gets another excellent job he will probably take Bowlens 6.9 mill over the next 2 years and take some time off. Then He'll probably find a job as a QB coach somewhere and start working his way back up the NFL ladder. Eventually with a little more life experience he will probably get another shot and do well.

But Other than the immediate pain for his ego I don't feel too bad for him.

I only hope that Bowlen actually has some plan in mind and that he didn't just fire McD with no other thought than he didn't like what has been happening. That could end up a repeat of Shanny's firing again.

I think he winds up in Ohio coaching the spread in HS football.

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Oh, and the dude is now a millionaire for destroying your favorite team. Good job feeling bad for him...

bpc
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
Funny. That's how I felt for Shanahan's last few years.

Especially his last three games.

Who cares what you felt about Shanahan over his final few games. That was two years ago, when we were still competing for division championships. You need to move forward with your fanhood and stop living in the past. The fact is, we sucked ****ing ass over the past two years and you blind homers who are lappin' up McD's nutsacks need only look at our record and how we've been passed by virtually every team in the NFL. We're on pace for a top 5 pick, something we haven't had since 91'. I mean do you guys understand how stupid you sound defending this clown? He sucks. Get over it. Eventually Bowlen did. Thank god for that.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't know what it was about the guy but I never trusted him, I didn't like his lack of experience and his attitude, you have to earn respect, you can't walk in and demand it.

I thought he alienated a lot of people, including me, just from his attitude but you can't afford to not find a way to work with the talent you have and be a success.

I thought he paid lipservice to the Tough, smart, and physical philosophy. His teams were the most Finesse I remember seeing out of Bronco football in 35+ years.

He would sound smart in pressers, he is football smart, but he is too immature and inexperienced to put it all together.

Then as this season went on and he found ways to lose and he started talking about how Adjustements are overrated and Sypgate II broke I had no respect at left for the dude. You just don't hire guys who were busted cheating after talking up how Character Counts and Team 1st lip service.

He made some good money, if he is lucky Goodell won't dig any deeper and he will be able to provide for his family and maybe become a legit HC someday, I just think that day is a way off yet.

If the Orton quote is true then it really was time to make to change.

CEH
12-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I feel most sorry for Ben . He has to go back to coaching football and teaching Drivers Ed in Ohio

Jason in LA
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM

Wow, you're really an a-hole.

I was here and happy after the wins. I never acted like any McD supporter was a bad person. That is just stupid. And why would I wish death on the guy. I wished the guy luck in one post, not death. If you read my posts, I wasn't even in support of firing him. I believed that he did enough to get himself fired, but I never said that he needed to be fired.

You're just bitter that your guy got the boot. No need to be an a-hole about it.

Bronkota
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM

You forgot the 14th pick in the 2010 draft...

gunns
12-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Who cares what you felt about Shanahan over his final few games. That was two years ago, when we were still competing for division championships

OMG how far we have fallen when we think competing for the division championships is a great thing. And the really sad thing is, we weren't doing much in that competing part.

Hamrob
12-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Bowlen had to pull the trigger now. Reason being: He made up his mind that McD would not be the HC next season. At that point, he had to consider that the Cowboys and Vikings are also shopping for a HC. If he wanted to be in the mix for the best coach available...he had to move quickly. Otherwise, he would have been forced to pick a 2nd tier HC or go with McDaniels in 2011.

McD needs time to evaluate the many mistakes he made in Denver. He'll get a chance as an OC next year. A couple good seasons and he could be back in contention for a HC job. But, he best learn how to build a team and keep the contraversy to a minimum.

DenverBroncosJM
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
after he announced in his presser that orton would still play bowlen had enough.

tebow will now get some pt during the last quarter of this year.

read between the lines ass face

You really are a ****ing retard. It's a horrible way to run a business you might not have a job or deal with real shut everyday but it's bush league.

Kaylore
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Bowlen had to pull the trigger now. Reason being: He made up his mind that McD would not be the HC next season. At that point, he had to consider that the Cowboys and Vikings are also shopping for a HC. If he wanted to be in the mix for the best coach available...he had to move quickly. Otherwise, he would have been forced to pick a 2nd tier HC or go with McDaniels in 2011.

McD needs time to evaluate the many mistakes he made in Denver. He'll get a chance as an OC next year. A couple good seasons and he could be back in contention for a HC job. But, he best learn how to build a team and keep the contraversy to a minimum.

Pretty much.

Clockwork Orange
12-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Funny, I don't remember much outpouring of emotion for Wade Phillips when he got canned and he was about as nice a guy as you'll ever see in NFL coaching circles.

Something tells me there aren't many who worked under McDaniels who are getting misty eyed over this.