PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels Fired!!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sodak
12-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Get out of here kid, you bother me...

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 05:52 PM
First reaction I am shocked this is a mistake in my eyes I am sticking to that this is going to set the Broncos back further people think Josh set the franchise back, his offense is great theres not one better in terms of passing the football and Orton will be exposed if we keep him around in another offense. Whoever is brought in better be someone who wants to develop Tebow, Gruden comes to mind if that happens I think the blow could be softened if not I than I don't really know what to say were ****ed for the future.

Bowlen I don't know what your up to anymore I trust you tho, first you don't wanna pay Marshall long term now you don't wanna pay Bailey long term than you fire a young head coach who has a great offensive system that players can grow under.

I don't get why everyone thinks the Broncos were a team built to win now we never were, this move to me is a knee jerk move and not a good one. Josh McDaniels was stuck with one of the worst defensive units all year injuries all over. Lost his 2 best pass rushers all season almost Dumervil was gone and Ayers was out most of the season.....he took a average QB and made him look like a pro bowler at times took an average WR and turned him into pro bowl star WR .

All that said Bowlen is a smart owner but hes been losing some of that I am real curious to find out who hes going to bring in next season.

Josh McDaniels is being used as a scape goat period.

Keep f--king that chicken.

Widdle Joshie brought this completely on himself.

55CrushEm
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I got what I wished for. I don't care who they bring in.

:yayaya::yayaya:
:sunshine::sunshine:
^5^5^5

Wow. Shows what a moron you must be.

orinjkrush
12-06-2010, 05:54 PM
josh's record AND his never ending litany of embarrassments were his downfall.

we were starting over whether he was HC or not.

i, for one, am glad Mr Bowlen showed the executive gumption to do SOMETHING.

i hope he doesnt take Calhoun from Air force. Im a zoomie and Calhoun has done some fabulous things for my alma mater.

i would rather that a proven NFL HC be chosen.

Merlin
12-06-2010, 05:57 PM
The real question is when will Ellis be fired. He is more to blame for this mess than McFailed. If he had left the previous FO, or replaced them with a strong GM, Mcfailed would have never had the chance to self-destruct and the team would probably be on its way to a strong playoff appearance. Instead we have this...please fire Ellis or hire a strong GM so Ellis can be kept far away from team operations.

BroncoLifer
There's an old timer or two on this board that knows exactly what I'm talking about. Course Bowlen wasn't owner at the time but the quote and fall out was legendary.

I suddenly feel a lot older.

broncsyanks
i say lose the rest of the way, get that draft pick for Gruden or Cowhler. then let them make this team a team again. i know its hard but worth it since our season is done

wolf754life
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
pat bowlen is still the man, admit the mistake, move on............

SJ Bronco
12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJD5cUPkz6Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kJD5cUPkz6Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pat was willing to ride him out no matter what, he had to really screw up to get fired this fast. I think spy gate 2 was too much even for Bowlen.

Merlin
12-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Keep f--king that chicken.

Widdle Joshie brought this completely on himself.
True, but Ellis gave him all the rope he needed. If Ellis had kept the Goodmans or hired a true GM, I bet McFailed's hubris never gets the opportunity to undermine him, and he does not destroy a young team with a very bright future. The new GM builds the proper part of the team, the D, and forces McD to just coach and to hire and keep good coaches.

DBroncos4life
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Well I'm sure we will lose some Broncos fans....McD fans over this.

Paladin
12-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Too bad.

What's the over/under as to how long it will take for a new coach to get the Broncos to become competitive?

Just too bad.

Bowlen had a more severe reaction to the photograhpher's shenanigans than I thought.

Merlin
12-06-2010, 06:04 PM
If we lose McD fans over this, I have no problem. It's about the team.

Paladin
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM
True, but Ellis gave him all the rope he needed. If Ellis had kept the Goodmans or hired a true GM, I bet McFailed's hubris never gets the opportunity to undermine him, and he does not destroy a young team with a very bright future. The new GM builds the proper part of the team, the D, and forces McD to just coach and to hire and keep good coaches.

Ge's out now. Can you grow up and not use epithets?

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 06:05 PM

The 32 year old genius couldn't have a working relationship with Mike Nolan. This after the stunning improvement with minimal talent infusion. That said it all for me.

maven
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I must say I am REALLY surprised.

Jason in LA
12-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't get why everyone thinks the Broncos were a team built to win now we never were

Nobody has acted like this team was supposed to win now. Nobody was looking for a Super Bowl run. But a team has to win to some degree. There is no reason why this team should be 3-9 and 5-17 over the last 22. Rebuilding doesn't mean that the team should lose nearly every week, and blown out often. They are digging a deep hole. It's time to climb out the hole. That's not too much to ask for.

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
RT @9newsdotcom (http://twitter.com/9newsdotcom): Broncos QB Kyle Orton reacts to firing of Josh McDaniels: Something had to change.

BroncoInferno
12-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't get why so many folks want to bring in Gruden. The guy did some impressive work in Oakland, but that was more than a decade ago. His first season in Tampa, he rode Dungy's/Kiffin's defense to a title. After that, he was never able to get Tampa's offense above a mediocre level, hence why he eventually wore out his welcome. Find a strong GM, and let him pick the coach.

baja
12-06-2010, 06:11 PM
First reaction I am shocked this is a mistake in my eyes I am sticking to that this is going to set the Broncos back further people think Josh set the franchise back, his offense is great theres not one better in terms of passing the football and Orton will be exposed if we keep him around in another offense. Whoever is brought in better be someone who wants to develop Tebow, Gruden comes to mind if that happens I think the blow could be softened if not I than I don't really know what to say were ****ed for the future.

Bowlen I don't know what your up to anymore I trust you tho, first you don't wanna pay Marshall long term now you don't wanna pay Bailey long term than you fire a young head coach who has a great offensive system that players can grow under.

I don't get why everyone thinks the Broncos were a team built to win now we never were, this move to me is a knee jerk move and not a good one. Josh McDaniels was stuck with one of the worst defensive units all year injuries all over. Lost his 2 best pass rushers all season almost Dumervil was gone and Ayers was out most of the season.....he took a average QB and made him look like a pro bowler at times took an average WR and turned him into pro bowl star WR .

All that said Bowlen is a smart owner but hes been losing some of that I am real curious to find out who hes going to bring in next season.

Josh McDaniels is being used as a scape goat period.

Unless there is more to this video taping thing than is being reported this such a bad move that it kills it for me. I became a Broncos fan in 1974 so after 36 years of cheering on the Orange & Blue I'm done.

I can't support stupid.

You guys are going to know how Raiders fans of the last ten years feel now.

Pat Bowlen you should swing by and pick up Al Davis and become roomies at the assisted living home.

orinjkrush
12-06-2010, 06:12 PM
6-0 start for McD could arguably be owed to Nolan.

since....

NADA but embarrassments.

if i was Mr Bowlen, i would have used the SF taping episode as the reason for cause to save some HC salary.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Unless there is more to this video taping thing than is being reported this such a bad move that it kills it for me. I became a Broncos fan in 1974 so after 36 years of cheering on the Orange & Blue I'm done.

I can't support stupid.

Pat Bowlen you should swing by and pick up Al Davis and become roomies at the assisted living home.

Baja, you are smarter than this post.

This too shall pass.

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM

I can't support stupid.

Come on man, you love the Broncos. You'll be back.

gunns
12-06-2010, 06:23 PM
How do you know? It could be the worst day of all time, depending on what happens next.

No kidding.

HooptyHoops
12-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I feel like this might put the Broncos farther down than they already are, as the next coach/GM will remove the talent we have now(which isn't a lot, but) to get their own talent...man, we have to hope Bowlen gets it right this time!!

gunns

I can't support stupid.

I know where you are coming from. I don't want to be looked at like the Raiders. But I recall this happening in the early 90's when Bowlen hired Phillips and his reign was two years. What came afterward was glory. Not saying that will happen this time, naturally we don't have Elway, but there is hope. We still don't match up to Oakland in any way as far as coaching carousel's go.

baja
Come on man, you love the Broncos. You'll be back.

I do love the Broncos but I can't support this idiotic decision. Bowlen is the new Al Davis. I'm getting out before the heart break of endless stupid moves from ownership. You can't fire the owner, just ask Raiders fans.

ZONA
12-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, here's to starting all over again folks. Yes we suck now but more then likely we going to suck for at least a few more years while the new HC changes out position coaches and dumps players that he doesn't like or doesn't fit his scheme.

Good job Bowlen. You let Josh go because you were too impatient to let this thing develop. You must think a new HC can turn a team around in 1 year, and with backup players if the starters are injured.

Bad move IMO Mr. Bowlen.

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Which was worse?

The hire or the fire?

LOL

tebowisdabomb
12-06-2010, 06:38 PM
heres your answer for your coach, courtesy of raiderfans.org
http://www.raiderfans.org/forum/oakland-raiders-forum/2763-mcdonkey-fired.html#post39219

ZONA
12-06-2010, 06:42 PM
I'm just not sure that you attact good GM's and coaches by dumping a guy a seaons and a half into his tenure and one that had such major injuries to deal with. I'm not so sure if I was a well known coach, that I would want to deal with Bowlen in this state of mind right now.

I just can't help but feel we are going to suck big time for several more years. A new coach means, new scheme, new players, new this and that.

Frick - this team, from the very top down can't do **** right.

tebowisdabomb
12-06-2010, 06:42 PM
I know where you are coming from. I don't want to be looked at like the Raiders. But I recall this happening in the early 90's when Bowlen hired Phillips and his reign was two years. What came afterward was glory. Not saying that will happen this time, naturally we don't have Elway, but there is hope. We still don't match up to Oakland in any way as far as coaching carousel's go.

yea but the Raiders are winning and the Donks are losing

Sassy
12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm just not sure that you attact good GM's and coaches by dumping a guy a seaons and a half into his tenure and one that had such major injuries to deal with. I'm not so sure if I was a well known coach, that I would want to deal with Bowlen in this state of mind right now.
I just can't help but feel we are going to suck big time for several more years. A new coach means, new scheme, new players, new this and that.

Agree!

TailgateNut
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
i do love the broncos but i can't support this idiotic decision. bowlen is the new al davis. I'm getting out before the heart break of endless stupid moves from ownership. You can't fire the owner, just ask raiders fans.

this

Dedhed
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Because they've drafted in the top 5 for a decade.

snowspot66
12-06-2010, 06:52 PM

I suppose if you call 6-6 winning.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 07:21 PM
So when does Bowlen's presser start where he reads his letter to mCd on how he was wrong about Jarmarcus Russell?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Please tell me you're kidding. The 3-4 is so much better suited for today's NFL it's absurd. We're at least half way to a successful conversion, and it would be insane to backpedal into a 4-3.

Dumervil and Ayers are the cornerstones to build around, and they've shown they can stand up as well as they can put their hand in the ground.

Keep Wink, draft a stud DL or CB and get on with things.

Agreed!

tebowisdabomb
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
i suppose if you call 6-6 winning.

59-14

Hamrob
12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Thank gawd! They finally came to their senses. Josh McDaniels really had no clue as to what he or Broncos were trying to accomplish. Outside of his first 6 games...the guy gave no sign of making this team a winning squad.

He took a team that was both young and talented on offense and blew it up...only to take 2yr to creat an offense that is both young and talented. He did absolutely nothing on defense.

Right now...our offense is close to that 2008 squad...with a less talented QB at the helm. Our coaching staff is a joke and our defense is a notch worse then it was in 2008...if that's possible.

Cheers to Bowlen...I was beginning to wonder. Now, let's go get a "GROWN UP" head coach!

snowspot66
12-06-2010, 07:59 PM
59-14

Congratulations. You beat us. Big deal. Lots of teams have. The point still stands.

RaiderH8r
12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Well, here's to starting all over again folks. Yes we suck now but more then likely we going to suck for at least a few more years while the new HC changes out position coaches and dumps players that he doesn't like or doesn't fit his scheme.

Good job Bowlen. You let Josh go because you were too impatient to let this thing develop. You must think a new HC can turn a team around in 1 year, and with backup players if the starters are injured.

Bad move IMO Mr. Bowlen.

Bowlen endured McKid's petulence and ineptitude for too long. McKid took the plumbest coaching opportunity and turned the club into a laughing stock. The team has had crate upon crate of egg on the franchise's face because of McKid.

Cassell/Cutler/Orton saga made the team look inept and poorly run from day one. Maybe it was growing pains. We endured.

We got Fonzi. enough said.

6-0, the Wunderkindt is rolling and we're looking good.

2-8 down the stretch losing against Washington, Oakland, the crappy Chiefs, and giving away a 3 game division lead and a shot at the playoffs. Growing pains.

Respected NFL DC and former HC quietly and with a sensible unspoken disgruntlement mutually agrees to leave town after just one season. Nerves again on edge and concern rises for the ability of the Wunderkindt to manage a club.

Shipping Marshall in another public divorce that went ugly from the beginning. Scheffler's departure while ugly within Bronco country went pretty much unnoticed in the civilian world.

Traded picks and Hillis for perennial suckwad Brady Quinn. We endure. Hillis is a rockheaded dimwit who only succeeded because of whatever nonsense the McKid apologists were spinning.

Ran a pretty good draft day that landed a potential star receiver to fill the hole left from shipping our last star receiver. Meh. Who knew that DT would turn out to be the Tin Man? It's not like the guy was hurt coming out of college. Picked up Tebow. I liked it. Some didn't. Bowlen moved jerseys so at the very least a good business move. Got his guys for the OL so not bad. D might be rough...who knew how bad it could get?

The 2010 season with Hillis heaping loads of steaming **** on the trade that sent him to Cleveland. Cutler leading the Bears to the top of the NFC North making Denver look bad again. Denver losing big against the Raiders. Denver losing bad against the Niners. Denver losing bad against St.L. Denver just losing.

McSpyGate.

Bowlen suffered this fool for quite some time and gave him ample opportunity to just not step in piles of ****. Forget the losing just don't step in piles of stinky crap and McKid couldn't stay away from the landmines.

I would have preferred McKid coach out the season and the club take some work off his plate with a proper and strong GM/FO personnel to manage that side of things. Let the kid just coach for awhile. I don't know what happened in the time after today's presser but it kind of has the feeling of Shanny telling Bowlen he won't fire Slowick and Bowlen setting down the law. Or maybe there's something to the whole insanity plea. Either way we need to do something respectable in terms of playing out and getting our house in order ahead of the lockout.

RaiderH8r
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM

You do if the rest of the league sees the current situation as a laughing stock. It would be more concerning if Bowlen didn't act in a strong fashion to course correct. Firing being the extreme end and bringing in "Overseers" in the FO being along the spectrum.

Again, my gut tells me this has the feeling of a confrontation between Bowlen and McKid. Maybe the kid ran out of coaches to deride and blame and it finally fell on his shoulders. Maybe Bowlen said, "Kid, you've got too much going on. We're bringing in help" and the Kid didn't like it. Maybe Bowlen saw an out in terms of firing McKid to appease the fans and doing so with cause so he wouldn't have to pay the millions left on the contract. Maybe Bowlen saw my post about my desire to coach the club and I need to post my contact info?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
Bowlen endured McKid's petulence and ineptitude for too long. McKid took the plumbest coaching opportunity and turned the club into a laughing stock. The team has had crate upon crate of egg on the franchise's face because of McKid.

Cassell/Cutler/Orton saga made the team look inept and poorly run from day one. Maybe it was growing pains. We endured.

We got Fonzi. enough said.

6-0, the Wunderkindt is rolling and we're looking good.

2-8 down the stretch losing against Washington, Oakland, the crappy Chiefs, and giving away a 3 game division lead and a shot at the playoffs. Growing pains.

Respected NFL DC and former HC quietly and with a sensible unspoken disgruntlement mutually agrees to leave town after just one season. Nerves again on edge and concern rises for the ability of the Wunderkindt to manage a club.

Shipping Marshall in another public divorce that went ugly from the beginning. Scheffler's departure while ugly within Bronco country went pretty much unnoticed in the civilian world.

Traded picks and Hillis for perennial suckwad Brady Quinn. We endure. Hillis is a rockheaded dimwit who only succeeded because of whatever nonsense the McKid apologists were spinning.

Ran a pretty good draft day that landed a potential star receiver to fill the hole left from shipping our last star receiver. Meh. Who knew that DT would turn out to be the Tin Man? It's not like the guy was hurt coming out of college. Picked up Tebow. I liked it. Some didn't. Bowlen moved jerseys so at the very least a good business move. Got his guys for the OL so not bad. D might be rough...who knew how bad it could get?

The 2010 season with Hillis heaping loads of steaming **** on the trade that sent him to Cleveland. Cutler leading the Bears to the top of the NFC North making Denver look bad again. Denver losing big against the Raiders. Denver losing bad against the Niners. Denver losing bad against St.L. Denver just losing.

McSpyGate.

Bowlen suffered this fool for quite some time and gave him ample opportunity to just not step in piles of ****. Forget the losing just don't step in piles of stinky crap and McKid couldn't stay away from the landmines.

I would have preferred McKid coach out the season and the club take some work off his plate with a proper and strong GM/FO personnel to manage that side of things. Let the kid just coach for awhile. I don't know what happened in the time after today's presser but it kind of has the feeling of Shanny telling Bowlen he won't fire Slowick and Bowlen setting down the law. Or maybe there's something to the whole insanity plea. Either way we need to do something respectable in terms of playing out and getting our house in order ahead of the lockout.

That pretty much sumed it up. rep!

RaiderH8r
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
That pretty much sumed it up. rep!

And none of that touches on who in the organization narced out the McSpygate, who leaked the private meeting comments about the Pats Spygate to the press or any internal fireworks that might be popping off. I guarantee that in the halls of Dove Valley there is plenty of back biting going on around there as well. It may be that Josh created such a ****storm of drama that football wasn't getting taken care of and that's enough to fire a guy for as well.

strafen
12-06-2010, 08:34 PM

Frick - this team, from the very top down can't do **** right.Are you kiddin' me?
Who in the right mind outside the mane wouldn't have seen this firing coming?
Who, even potential future headcoaches wouldn't have seen the mess Mcdaniels created since day one of his hiring?
Who in the right mind would blame Mr. Bowlen?
who wouldn't want to work for an owner who put the best interests of the team and its fans in first?

Everybody should be lauding Mr. Bowlen for having made a decision to save the face of this franchise.
The Broncos are Mr. Bowlen's livelihood, the broncos are his babies.
You don't make stupid decisions to taint the image of the broncos without tainting the name of Pat Bowlen at the same time.

McDaniels underestimated the character and persona of Pat Bowlen.
Mr. Bowlen wasn't going to let this ride out anymore than he had to.
He should've fired McDaniels with cause right after the spygate incident, and free himself from paying the idiot for his stupidity!

SoCalBronco
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
He didn't win much, but I enjoyed watching his passing game and I was looking forward to seeing what he could do with healthy OLB's back and with Tebow's development under his guidance in 2011. Looks like Bowlen wasn't willing to wait. Josh made a number of great errors and I won't forgive him for being a substantial contributor in Jay being traded, but I do give him credit for trying his best to succeed and giving us some nice young talents at OL, RB, WR and very possibly QB, too. He worked as hard as he could to win, but it just didn't work out. He would have been better served if Bowlen stuck to his original word that he would have a real GM in there to help him, rather than the pizza boy they gave him. Good luck to Josh in the future.

worm
12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
The way this went down hurts. A lot. However, I also feel like I got my team back. If it was going to happen..then sooner is always better than later.

No where to go but up...and I don't think it will take that long. SD is falling back Oak and KC are not ready for prime-time either.

Broncos_OTM
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
i wonder if MCD is hired by the chiefs as a qb coach

Broncos_OTM
12-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I think it was a pretty bad move to just fire the coach with out having a plan of action going forward. horribel. If pat cant run this org he needs to hire folks that can

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
i wonder if MCD is hired by the chiefs as a qb coach

Someone should twitter the moment he trades in the Range Rover for a Camero

Broncos_OTM
12-06-2010, 09:30 PM

A camero is not tough smart or versitle ... maybe a four runner mid 90's

Wes Mantooth
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
Worst part is that we have to start over.

DBroncos4life
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM

Because things looks so great now...

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Starting over is like 8 steps forward from where we're at...

Traveler
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM
According to announcers on NFL Network, they seem to think more information will be out shortly concerning the firing of McDaniels.

DarkHorse
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM

That only means that we're going to pick ourselves up off the ground.

strafen
12-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Starting over is like 8 steps forward from where we're at...Rep!

Bronco Yoda
12-06-2010, 09:58 PM

That would suck. He's still a good OC. Keep him away from mulletville. I wondered about that damn hug at the end of the game now come to think of it!

gunns
12-06-2010, 10:00 PM

The reference was about the turn around of coaches in Oakland. Reading comprehension. And one year of winning in the last 10 is, uh, just marvelous.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Wow...I just now woke up and I find this on the Yahoo home page. Who takes over next? Nobody on this staff is qualified...(Pat call Urban Meyer NOW!) ;D

Missouribronc
12-06-2010, 10:26 PM
Now, not only do we have to listen to the anti-McDaniels bull, we have to listen to them blame him for the losing that comes after the instability of firing Shanahan.

baja
12-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna make some serious money betting against Pat Bowlens Broncos the rest of the season.

Wes Mantooth
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
That only means that we're going to pick ourselves up off the ground.

My problem is that we are three more years from seeing the results of this decision. There is every reason to be optimistic, but just as much to be pessimistic. Remember the same guy who hired McDaniels is still writing the checks. Hope we don't get someone on the cheap.

strafen
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm gonna make some serious money betting against Pat Bowlens Broncos the rest of the season.

Seeeee ya'! :wave:

RaiderH8r
12-06-2010, 10:53 PM

You know you could have been doing that all season right?

"Oh noes we have to start over"

That's like being upset because it takes effort to scrape dog **** off your shoe. Would you rather leave it there and endure the stink or get down to cleaning the **** up?

baja
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
You know you could have been doing that all season right?

"Oh noes we have to start over"

That's like being upset because it takes effort to scrape dog **** off your shoe. Would you rather leave it there and endure the stink or get down to cleaning the **** up?

I have always enjoyed you well thought posts but we see this one different.

Josh McDaniels will be a special coach if he gets another chance. Remember this down the road.

BTW I have never bet against the Broncos in 30 + years. That changes this Sunday.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 11:03 PM

Josh McDaniels will be a special coach if he gets another chance. Remember this down the road.

BTW I have never bet against the Broncos in 30 + years. That changes this Sunday.

I honestly respect your opinion, and cannot for the life of me understand how you can come to this conclusion.

extralife
12-07-2010, 12:24 AM

Christ, at least those of us with a crush on Shanahan have two trophies to back us up.

baja
12-07-2010, 12:30 AM
I honestly respect your opinion, and cannot for the life of me understand how you can come to this conclusion.

Intangibles. ;D

strafen
12-07-2010, 12:34 AM

He's gone.
No loss for the Broncos.
We're that much further ahead today, than we were yesterday.
Big step forward for the Broncos organization as they move toward saving the image of the franchise and return to repectability!

Bronco Yoda
12-07-2010, 12:37 AM

He means 'special' ... you know S...P...E...C...I...A...L.

colonelbeef
12-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Wikipedia is my only source. That and Fox news.

Can't tell if serious

DBroncos4life
12-07-2010, 03:49 AM
Intangibles. ;D

Well you can't spell that word without a L something the McD era is known for.

BroncoInferno
12-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Wow...I just now woke up and I find this on the Yahoo home page. Who takes over next? Nobody on this staff is qualified...(Pat call Urban Meyer NOW!) ;D

Considering Meyer nearly quit on Florida last season due to health reasons, I highly doubt he would take on the added stress of an NFL job, which is a 16 hour a day, 365 day a year job.

worm
12-07-2010, 05:59 AM

I honestly can't see Josh getting a HC gig for at least a decade, Baja. He flamed out that spectacularly.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 06:14 AM
I honestly can't see Josh getting a HC gig for at least a decade, Baja. He flamed out that spectacularly.

lol really? He's already the golden ticket for OC.

If he can get a successful offense going for a season or 2 he'll be in the process again.

Kaylore
12-07-2010, 06:17 AM

If he goes to a team and gets their QB playing over their head and the offense humming, in 3-5 years he'll be considered. Remember Norv Turner post Raiders? He made Alex Smith look like a real QB and that got him the Boltz job.

WolfpackGuy
12-07-2010, 06:27 AM

My thought as well.

If he does, he won't be allowed anywhere near the personnel office, draft war room, or maybe even the players for that matter.

worm
12-07-2010, 06:30 AM
If he goes to a team and gets their QB playing over their head and the offense humming, in 3-5 years he'll be considered. Remember Norv Turner post Raiders? He made Alex Smith look like a real QB and that got him the Boltz job.

True enough with Norv. However he was a well respected, established coach prior to that. Hotshots come along all the time.

IMO, given McDaniels age and the drama over the last two years, teams will not pull the trigger with him as a HC for the next 10 years. OC, yes. HC, no.

If it happens before then...I will rep your post Khan. :)

fontaine
12-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Good riddance to Jack McDaniels.

He can now slink back to NE and use those Denver draft picks he traded to them for a bunch of magic beans.

jhns
12-07-2010, 06:57 AM
So Bowlen just gave his input on who the ridiculous posters on this forum are. It is funny that people actually defended the stuff McDaniels did. It has been very obvious from the beginning that he was going to fail. He had way to much control with way to little experience. I have been amazed at how many couldn't see this.

Oh well, all is right in the world now. At least the Broncos can attempt to get on the right track now.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 08:15 AM

I don't entirely disagree with your take on McKid. He knows his X's and O's but his ego got in the way of his success. I think he was put in a poor position and allowed too much control and freedom to make many costly mistakes. I think he needs some extensive training in personnel management and interpersonal management skills.

I think of Bellichick's time in Cleveland and he failed there. I think of Mangini's time in NY and he peaked early and struggled. I think McKid will find his way but he was doomed to struggle early, at the very least, and without a proper structure behind him with strong checks against his authority and will he was prone to make too many unprofessional and rookie mistakes. Like I said, we needed an adult in the room. Bowlen is a hands off owner, and God bless him for it but he needed a football mind to be hands on with Josh. This is why I really liked the idea of a VP of football ops with a guy who is 1. as passionate about football as Josh. 2. As knowledgeable about the game and a history of success. 3. A strong personality that commands respect. 4. A history of fielding competitive clubs no matter the circumstances. 5. A history of player respect. Marty Schottenheimer fits the bill on all fronts. I think he could have really helped Josh navigate the off field issues in dealing with staff and press and all the other mess that seemed to overwhelm the kid. I think putting Josh in a spot to first win games and then begin to expand authority into other arenas as he grew as a person and a coach would have been ideal.

I think Xanders has no business as a GM at this point. I think Joe Ellis should be let go if for no other reason than for putting the club in a legal bind with his thoughtless comments on McSpyGate which will come back to haunt the club down the road.

All in all we stepped in a **** pile and getting it off our shoe was going to be messy and unpleasant. I don't know that Josh would have taken to a smaller plate of responsibilities. I don't know how much drama and back biting was going on inside Dove Valley. If it was the case that there was so much personal drama and infighting that no football could get done then there certainly was no way forward with Josh at that point. Everyone needed to start anew.

If you want I can find the letter I wrote to Bowlen after we shipped Cutler out of town. A few tweaks and I'm sure it can suit your needs. My point being I came back around and you will too. We're stupid like that. Fandom has no logic, its purely emotional. We're hitched. I've quit a lot of bad stuff in my day. Chewed tobacco for 20+ years. I quit all of that. I can't quit the Broncos. "Why can't I quit you?"-line from ghey movie.

bendog
12-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Congrats to all the anti-McD folks. Now we are the Oakland Raiders.

The raiders beat us like a toy drum, which is why I'm glad to see the end of this tool

baja
12-07-2010, 08:43 AM

Josh was asked to do too much. Bowlen had no ability to put a competent FO in place to help the first time Head coach. He should have stepped in with leadership with the Cutler fiasco. He should have had some one tone down Josh's abrasive personality if in fact that was his issue. No my friend unfortunately Josh McDaniels is not the problem with the Broncos, it's much worse that that. Pat Bowlen is the problem with our beloved Denver Broncos.

The state of the current Broncos organization is not lost on the rest of the NFL. The broncos head coaching job is no longer coveted by the rest of the league.

Are you ready to watch your team be run into the ground because that is what we are in the middle of.

bendog
12-07-2010, 08:49 AM
True enough with Norv. However he was a well respected, established coach prior to that. Hotshots come along all the time.

IMO, given McDaniels age and the drama over the last two years, teams will not pull the trigger with him as a HC for the next 10 years. OC, yes. HC, no.

If it happens before then...I will rep your post Khan. :)

He'll get an OC gig, like Shanny did with the niners, and like Norv got between firings as a HC. His staff was going behind his back; the fans hate him; national columnists were reporting that Den was a league joke and it is a joke not just personnel wise, but also in terms of who this guy has hired as assts and which guys wouldn't touch working for this franchise unless it was their only option. It seems he may have even gotten into it with Champ and ?D.J, and Orton's statement was curious in that he liked McD as a signal caller and left it there. Firing him had NOTHIGN to do with his potential. He burned the ****ing village down. There was no way left for him to salvage the situation. His one chance was for Tebow to come in and play like a rookie with vast potential, but by McD's own assessment, Tebow isn't good enough right now to even start for a team looking to go 3-13.

He may learn how to work with people and let his staff coach, and become a good HC. He's never going to have the personnel selection skills. That was beyond incomptence; it was actual lack of ability.

baja
12-07-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't entirely disagree with your take on McKid. He knows his X's and O's but his ego got in the way of his success. I think he was put in a poor position and allowed too much control and freedom to make many costly mistakes. I think he needs some extensive training in personnel management and interpersonal management skills.

I think of Bellichick's time in Cleveland and he failed there. I think of Mangini's time in NY and he peaked early and struggled. I think McKid will find his way but he was doomed to struggle early, at the very least, and without a proper structure behind him with strong checks against his authority and will he was prone to make too many unprofessional and rookie mistakes. Like I said, we needed an adult in the room. Bowlen is a hands off owner, and God bless him for it but he needed a football mind to be hands on with Josh. This is why I really liked the idea of a VP of football ops with a guy who is 1. as passionate about football as Josh. 2. As knowledgeable about the game and a history of success. 3. A strong personality that commands respect. 4. A history of fielding competitive clubs no matter the circumstances. 5. A history of player respect. Marty Schottenheimer fits the bill on all fronts. I think he could have really helped Josh navigate the off field issues in dealing with staff and press and all the other mess that seemed to overwhelm the kid. I think putting Josh in a spot to first win games and then begin to expand authority into other arenas as he grew as a person and a coach would have been ideal.

I think Xanders has no business as a GM at this point. I think Joe Ellis should be let go if for no other reason than for putting the club in a legal bind with his thoughtless comments on McSpyGate which will come back to haunt the club down the road.

All in all we stepped in a **** pile and getting it off our shoe was going to be messy and unpleasant. I don't know that Josh would have taken to a smaller plate of responsibilities. I don't know how much drama and back biting was going on inside Dove Valley. If it was the case that there was so much personal drama and infighting that no football could get done then there certainly was no way forward with Josh at that point. Everyone needed to start anew.

If you want I can find the letter I wrote to Bowlen after we shipped Cutler out of town. A few tweaks and I'm sure it can suit your needs. My point being I came back around and you will too. We're stupid like that. Fandom has no logic, its purely emotional. We're hitched. I've quit a lot of bad stuff in my day. Chewed tobacco for 20+ years. I quit all of that. I can't quit the Broncos. "Why can't I quit you?"-line from ghey movie.

See, like I said I like your well reasoned takes, this is another example of that and one I agree with completely. Had Bowlen been a preceptive owner he would have done exactly a you advise in your excellent above post.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 09:25 AM

He has to change his personality, even in Kizla's "It's Bowlen's fault" article he admitted that mCd's personality grated on people.

I think mCd does fine and has a great life as long as nothing more on the cheating comes out.

RaiderH8r
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
See, like I said I like your well reasoned takes, this is another example of that and one I agree with completely. Had Bowlen been a preceptive owner he would have done exactly a you advise in your excellent above post.

I appreciate that.

I think Bowlen's been well served in the past with allowing a lot of deference and control to his HCs. It is a model of hiring good people, letting them do their jobs and staying out of their way. The problem, it turns out, is that McD came off as a superstar in the interviews but couldn't get the job done when the time came. The reasons are myriad and, like I said, if it came down that Josh wouldn't take on extra hands, wouldn't cede control, or had too clearly demonstrated he doesn't have the managerial tact to keep the organization running then Pat was well served to get healing begun sooner rather than later.

None of that is to say he won't acquire those skillsets or abilities he just may be in a situation where he doesn't have them and timing and/or environment aren't going to allow him to develop in a constructive way that benefits the organization.

Like I said, Belichick crapped the bed in Cleveland, went and DC'd under a solid coach and took himself to the next level. I guarantee that Josh's next gig he will be paying copious attention to things that just two years ago he took for granted. He certainly has the drive and smarts to do these things. He just needs to learn. We were his failed attempt. That was my fear...among many. I had high hopes when we hired him. Those were quickly dashed with the Cutler fiasco. Peaks and valleys since but a steady trend towards ultimate FACEPALM.

cutthemdown
12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
So Bowlen just gave his input on who the ridiculous posters on this forum are. It is funny that people actually defended the stuff McDaniels did. It has been very obvious from the beginning that he was going to fail. He had way to much control with way to little experience. I have been amazed at how many couldn't see this.

Oh well, all is right in the world now. At least the Broncos can attempt to get on the right track now.

welcome back.

cutthemdown
12-07-2010, 11:51 AM
I think Broncos will have a chance to beat Oakland and knock them out of the playoffs. We have something to play for yet. In reality Raiders don't. They have already lost they just don't know it yet. They suck.

Raider fans acting like they are having a good year only shows how crappy they are used to being. They are going no where and haven't anyone on the roster to go into next yr with as a starting QB. They aren't in much better shape then we are.

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
The good news about the timing of the Fire was that mCd was able to catch the Patsy game!

LOL

Vegas_Bronco
12-07-2010, 01:36 PM
Damnyu PB jelly time! I was interviews all day yesterday and u had to break this news over my overprepared azz...

Got the job ftw....focus mofoocus.

DrFate
12-07-2010, 01:40 PM

You are truly embarrassing yourself

OrangenBlueOhio
12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Josh was asked to do too much. Bowlen had no ability to put a competent FO in place to help the first time Head coach. He should have stepped in with leadership with the Cutler fiasco. He should have had some one tone down Josh's abrasive personality if in fact that was his issue. No my friend unfortunately Josh McDaniels is not the problem with the Broncos, it's much worse that that. Pat Bowlen is the problem with our beloved Denver Broncos.

The state of the current Broncos organization is not lost on the rest of the NFL. The broncos head coaching job is no longer coveted by the rest of the league.

Are you ready to watch your team be run into the ground because that is what we are in the middle of.

Yeah yeah yeah, and if someone was telling him what to do your excuse for us continuing to be in the cellar would be it's the gm's fault. Just because you backed a guy on an internet forum doesn't mean you have to defend him to the death. He sucks, get over it.

As for Pat, he took a gamble on a young punk, he lost. Josh could not handle dealing with players or coaches. Oh and his wonderful offensive mind was only offensive. Pat made a mistake. At least HE was smart enough to realize it.

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, and if someone was telling him what to do your excuse for us continuing to be in the cellar would be it's the gm's fault. Just because you backed a guy on an internet forum doesn't mean you have to defend him to the death. He sucks, get over it.

As for Pat, he took a gamble on a young punk, he lost. Josh could not handle dealing with players or coaches. Oh and his wonderful offensive mind was only offensive. Pat made a mistake. At least HE was smart enough to realize it.

No, it's the dumb ass fans who wanted this.

Denver is slowly but surely becoming a ****ty sports city. Carmelo knows it too.

You ****ing idiots. Hilarious!

Dr. Broncenstein
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Denver is slowly but surely becoming a ****ty sports city. Carmelo knows it too.

http://onewhitetree.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/crybaby-12.jpg

OrangenBlueOhio
12-07-2010, 05:41 PM

So the fans (and the majority of the media) who agree with Pat, are the dumb asses, and you guys who are still hangin off his sack are football gods. Ok got it.ROFL!

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:42 PM
http://onewhitetree.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/crybaby-12.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/baby_sitter_demotivational_poster_Random_awesome_p ictures_about_boobs_and_hot_chicks-s440x352-16299-580.jpg

The MVPlaya
12-07-2010, 05:43 PM
So the fans (and the majority of the media) who agree with Pat, are the dumb asses, and you guys who are still hangin off his sack are football gods. Ok got it.ROFL!

No, Pat was influenced to do this BY the fans.

The majority of the media is ALWAYS, I mean ALWAYS against the Broncos anyways.

I'm sure you'll get that tho.

go_broncos
12-07-2010, 05:44 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14398745/cleveland-receives-stolen-goods-in-new-hero-hillis

Cleveland receives stolen goods in new hero Hillis

By Clark Judge
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
Dec. 7, 2010

If they're going to throw a farewell party for Josh McDaniels, I suggest they do it in Cleveland. Nobody should be more grateful for what McDaniels accomplished in Denver than the Cleveland Browns -- and if you're not sure why then you haven't been following Peyton Hillis.

Hillis is not just the best back and best player on the Browns. He's one of the best backs and one of the best players in the NFL.

He runs. He catches. He blocks. He scores touchdowns. Lots and lots of touchdowns. He's tough. He's durable. He's charismatic. Teammates love him. Coaches love him. Fans adore him.

"He's beloved," said Browns' general manager Tom Heckert. "He's the kind of guy the city should embrace. Obviously, we're glad we have him."

And that's where McDaniels comes in. Because the Cleveland Browns wouldn't have Peyton Hillis if the former Denver coach wasn't so willing to get rid of him. According to league sources, McDaniels had been interested in trading Hillis for nearly a year before he agreed to a deal with Cleveland that now seems so lopsided you wonder if McDaniels is descended from Harry Frazee.

I mean, Peyton Hillis and two draft picks for ... Brady Quinn? Please. Yet that's precisely the trade McDaniels OK'd last March, shortly after Mike Holmgren took over as the Browns' president.

What makes the deal so compelling is that Cleveland had decided it was finished with Quinn. In fact, it shopped him for weeks with no one interested and was this close to waiving the guy until McDaniels came to the rescue. He expressed interest in Quinn before, so the Browns figured they'd check with him again before cutting Quinn loose.

They discovered that not only was McDaniels still intrigued by Quinn but was willing to offer the Browns the running back they coveted. That was Hillis, who'd come to coach Eric Mangini's attention when Hillis played against Mangini's New York Jets in 2008 and ran for a then-career-high 129 yards and a touchdown.

Mangini liked everything about the guy and made a mental note then to track him if he ever became available. But he wasn't alone. When Heckert was the GM in Philadelphia, he was on to Hillis, too, figuring he'd be a perfect fit for the Eagles.

Of course, nothing ever happened until the Browns put Quinn on the market, and then it happened in a hurry. Once Denver was interested, it was easy for Mangini and Heckert to zero in on a target, with both agreeing that Hillis could improve the Browns with his running, his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and his toughness.

But they didn't stop there. Instead, they somehow convinced Denver to throw in two draft picks -- a sixth-rounder in 2010 and an undetermined 2011 choice that probably becomes another sixth -- to sweeten a deal that, frankly, helped make both clubs what they are today.

In Quinn, McDaniels thought he was getting a future starter. Instead, he's the team's third-stringer and hasn't played a down this season. In Hillis, the Browns knew what they were getting, and what you see today is the product of a club that did its homework.

"He's changed things here," said Mangini. "When he's rolling, and we're rolling it's a beautiful thing."

Mangini is right. Hillis has changed things. The Browns may not be the most entertaining or most talented club on the planet, but they're tough, effective and a difficult out. In short, they're a reflection of their running back. They drew the league's toughest schedule, yet never backed down -- playing opponents so hard and close that six of their games, including the last three, each were decided by four or fewer points.

They blew out defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans. They buried New England. They took the Jets to overtime. They could have beaten Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Baltimore and Kansas City. They should've beaten Jacksonville. Cleveland rocks, and nobody is rocking the Browns ... and their fans ... like Peyton Hillis. He leads the team in rushing, leads the team in catches, has nearly twice as many touchdowns (13) as the Browns' leading scorer a year ago (7) and has more scores than any running back in the NFL outside of Houston's Arian Foster (15).

But that's just the beginning, people. He's the only Browns' back outside of Hall of Famers Jim Brown and Leroy Kelly to rush for 11 TDs in one year -- and the first since Kelly did it in 1968. He has a touchdown in all but two games. He's tied for the league lead in third-and-one conversions with a perfect 9-for-9. He ranks second among running backs in receptions with 53. He's fourth in first downs and fifth in total yardage, and his 1,398 yards in offense comprise 38.1 percent of the Browns' output.

"He has a ton of touchdowns," said Mangini, "and some of them have been blocked. But there have been others where he just willed his way into the end zone. He's added toughness around here that's contagious. Guys 'ooh' and 'ah' when they watch some of those plays, and it sets a tempo."

Hillis is relentless, running over and through anyone who gets in his way, and he's so reliable, so dependable, so, well, indispensable, that when the Browns were trying to close out New England early last month they called on Hillis. Ahead by 13 points with just over six minutes to go, Cleveland ran him every play of its game-clinching drive. Hillis responded by carrying six times for 60 yards, punctuating the series with a 35-yard TD.

"He's the real deal," said Heckert.

Too bad McDaniels didn't get the memo. Losing Peyton Hillis didn't cost him his job, but it helped to build the case against him. I can't imagine where the Broncos would be with Peyton Hillis, but I do know where Cleveland would be without him -- and here's to Eric Mangini and Tom Heckert for making sure that didn't happen.

orangeatheist
12-07-2010, 05:45 PM

Why are you still here?

GTFO

broncosteven
12-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Too bad McDaniels didn't get the memo. ....

mCd got the memo, it said: YOUR FIRED.

cutthemdown
12-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Cool Cleveland now win something instead of having moral victories because you got a steal from the Broncos.

mhgaffney
12-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Well -- there's no defending McD giving Hillis away -- but I have to say I've never seen this board so ugly.

Ugly is just plain uggg-ly.