PDA

View Full Version : Mays and Gronkowski to IR - Monday's press conference.

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Doh!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Monday-Press-Conference/d5c04094-de53-4a9f-857b-bdd5cdf37042

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Of course.

Smiling Assassin27
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, Moeaki can sleep better at night now.

Old Dude
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
A season of suck luck from one end all the way to the other.

Rock Chalk
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Shades of The Great Running Back Depletion of 2008.

long beach bronco
Unbelievable!!!!! The next four games are just preseason games anyway.

snowspot66
Who do we have left at LB?

TheProfessor
12-06-2010, 12:05 PM
sadly, we are so thin that even the loss of all world joe mays and the wrong Gronkowski brother seems devastating.

We suck

RaiderH8r
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Who do we have left at LB?

Have we checked the cell phone kiosk at Cherry Creek Mall lately?

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Talking about giving Decker more time each week. However, says "good experience vs just experience" in talking about putting Tebow in.

Sounds like he won't play this year barring injury?

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:09 PM
WTF did he just do at the end there??

lol

oubronco
12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
Can you recap please

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Talking about giving Decker more time each week. However, says "good experience vs just experience" in talking about putting Tebow in.

Sounds like he won't play this year barring injury?

makes sense. AZ gave max hall experience, threw 6 picks in 39 attempts. cant just throw them in, have to make sure they are ready...

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:24 PM
makes sense. AZ gave max hall experience, threw 6 picks in 39 attempts. cant just throw them in, have to make sure they are ready...

Jimmy Clausen too. However, you have to trust his judgment then, since he's making the decision. Tebow could come out like McCoy or Bradford too. Who knows at this point? It sounds like a combination of it not being fair to Orton and Tebow just plain not being ready, which would be unfair to those other players.

The Decker comment made it interesting, he has carved out a role for himself, whereas Tebow hasn't yet.

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Dang it!

I've been loving the way Joe Mays has been playing on D, he's out performed DJ on the inside, even though he's not the best in coverage.

And Gronkowski has been playing better as of late with the exception of a few missed blocks yesterday, he's probably been the best TE on our team this year (that's not saying much, he should be a back up, but he's filled in decently).

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Can you recap please

Injury updates, "Goody" is coming back soon, McBath should be good to go this weekend.

Explained the punt decision, wind was a factor, them getting the first killed the game.

Long conversation about playing younger guys now the season is over. His answer was all over the place.

I really wasn't taking notes sorry...

Los Broncos
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Dam, thats tough, Mays is a beast.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Jimmy Clausen too. However, you have to trust his judgment then, since he's making the decision. Tebow could come out like McCoy or Bradford too. Who knows at this point? It sounds like a combination of it not being fair to Orton and Tebow just plain not being ready, which would be unfair to those other players.

The Decker comment made it interesting, he has carved out a role for himself, whereas Tebow hasn't yet.

MaxBroncos

"It's easy to say that experience is great for them, but there's a team (to consider) as well," McDaniels said. #Broncos

makes sense.

PRBronco
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Sweet baby jesus >< Don't blow your shot here Richard Quinn.

I guess Woodyard's in at linebacker? Or maybe slide Haggan inside and play Veikune or Alexander more outside?

Any word on DJ's elbow? Lindsay Jones tweeted a picture of it and omg so gross.

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Sweet baby jesus >< Don't blow your shot here Richard Quinn.

I guess Woodyard's in at linebacker? Or maybe slide Haggan inside and play Veikune or Alexander more outside?

Any word on DJ's elbow? Lindsay Jones tweeted a picture of it and omg so gross.

He'd have mentioned it if it was an issue. Didn't realise he was 12th in the league in tackles this year.

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2010, 12:34 PM

And considering Decker has at least 3, if not 4, good quality NFL guys ahead of him at his position whereas Tebow only has one.....and that one has clearly been struggling.....it's somewhat telling IMO.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
And considering Decker has at least 3, if not 4, good quality NFL guys ahead of him at his position whereas Tebow only has one.....and that one has clearly been struggling.....it's somewhat telling IMO.

I wouldnt take anything he says about tebow at face value. Shall we discuss his "playing tebow in the redzone?...SO REDICULOUS OMG LULZ"

mkporter
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM

Yeah, it says Decker plays a position which subs frequently and can have 4 players on the field at the same time.

crush17
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM

You're reading into it too much I think.

Right now, I think Kyle has the support and backing of his teammates and he's having a career year throwing the ball.

McDaniels preaches "earn your role" and Kyle has clearly earned his role and for Tebow to come in "just because" is kind of a slap in the face to him and his teammates.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
You're reading into it too much I think.

Right now, I think Kyle has the support and backing of his teammates and he's having a career year throwing the ball.

McDaniels preaches "earn your role" and Kyle has clearly earned his role and for Tebow to come in "just because" is kind of a slap in the face to him and his teammates.

But its not "just because" Orton has played well, but not good enough to enshrine himself as the future starter for the broncos. We spent a 1st round pick on Tebow with eyes for him to be the future. Well, the future is now, i wanna see him in an ENTIRE GAME

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Mcd will not start Tebow this season..I knew it..
If Tebow starts and doesn't play well, Mcd will be fired this offseason.
Bowlen will now be reluctant to fire Mcd due to Tebow..
Mcd - YOU ARE A EVIL MAN..

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
It's funny he didn't mention the Cardinals at all.

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Mcd will not start Tebow this season..I knew it..
If Tebow starts and doesn't play well, Mcd will be fired this offseason.
Bowlen will now be reluctant to fire Mcd due to Tebow..
Mcd - YOU ARE A EVIL MAN..

I think you need some perspective dude.

yerner
12-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Don't worry fellas, this opens the door for Quinn to make his move!

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM

UDFA = 1st rounder

Sounds about right

Rock Chalk
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
But its not "just because" Orton has played well, but not good enough to enshrine himself as the future starter for the broncos. We spent a 1st round pick on Tebow with eyes for him to be the future. Well, the future is now, i wanna see him in an ENTIRE GAME

He's play well enough to not get demoted just "because" though. He hasn't played well enough to enshrine himself as the future starter but if he was benched now, the team WOULD quit just like they did when Plummer was benched.

Its never a good idea to bench a QB who is loved by the team and playing for the most part, well enough, for an untested rookie, even if the season is lost.

bowtown
12-06-2010, 01:54 PM
He's play well enough to not get demoted just "because" though. He hasn't played well enough to enshrine himself as the future starter but if he was benched now, the team WOULD quit just like they did when Plummer was benched.

Its never a good idea to bench a QB who is loved by the team and playing for the most part, well enough, for an untested rookie, even if the season is lost.

It's also terrible for trade value.

PRBronco
12-06-2010, 02:09 PM
It's also terrible for trade value.

Very good point. I hope he shreds the Cards in their house and gets their fan(s?) all up on the internets clamouring for an Orton trade.

Smiling Assassin27
12-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Injury updates, "Goody" is coming back soon, McBath should be good to go this weekend.

Explained the punt decision, wind was a factor, them getting the first killed the game.

Long conversation about playing younger guys now the season is over. His answer was all over the place.

I really wasn't taking notes sorry...

Any word on Larsen? (Sorry, I can't watch the presser)

Smiling Assassin27
12-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Would that be Brady or Richard? Hilarious!

TonyR
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
The "abandon the run" topic must have come up. Anyone?

Popps
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Is this a ****ing joke?

Mother ****er!!!!!

We can't catch a break.

Was just thinking that Gronkowski was starting to look like a decent pick-up, and Mays CLEARLY is a good pick-up.

Ugh.

Is it next year yet?

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Richard was in the game yesterday for at least a couple plays.

He's finally living up to his potential.

Kaylore
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
I think you need some perspective dude.

You're wasting your time. He and the hate crew take it way too seriously anb and have imagined him into something of satan figure who is responsible for all their problems. They wish ill on him and his family. I bet when go_denethor stubs his toe, he curses "Damnit! Damn you McDaniels!!!!!"

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
for christ sake we have had blowouts of both kinds, mostly the bad but those were the times for Tebow to get some action. IT is ludicrous to think that is wrong.

PRBronco
12-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Richard was in the game yesterday for at least a couple plays.

He's finally living up to his potential.

I actually heard a "good block by Quinn on the play" once, but I couldn't pick him out in the replay. Tbqh I assumed they read the wrong name :(

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 02:34 PM
http://www.brady-quinn.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/ohnowesuckagain.jpg

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM
The "abandon the run" topic must have come up. Anyone?

It honestly didn't, just the decision to punt.

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Very good point. I hope he shreds the Cards in their house and gets their fan(s?) all up on the internets clamouring for an Orton trade.

That would be perfect considering it was the exact other way around back in, what was it, 2002 when Plummer came to town at the end of that season? The infamous "we want Jake" chant all throughout that game was about as loud and clear a statement as you can make....and Bowlen and Shanny were obviously taking notes.

Now, the Arizona fans can return the favor with "we want neckbeard" chants.

That would be classic.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 02:59 PM
"We thought that time of possession factored into the game even though we ran the football very well...ummm'scratching neck'mmmmmm only having the ball 23 minutes effected our defense and effected the flow of the game...argherrrmm and was a big factor ultimately in the game"

He doesn't get that all those 3 and outs CiDtL impacted the TOP and if they ran the ball the last 10 minutes then maybe the TOP is more even and the score is a lot different.

I do not understand how this guy thinks, it seems like he is trying to justify why they stopped running the ball...due to TOP!!!
LOL

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Champ and Cox get some love.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Punt, wanted to do same as vs St L and thought they could stop them and get the ball back.

"Didn't create a lot of big plays ourselves." even though they tried CiDtL the last 9 plays.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 03:03 PM
"We thought that time of possession factored into the game even though we ran the football very well...ummm'scratching neck'mmmmmm only having the ball 23 minutes effected our defense and effected the flow of the game...argherrrmm and was a big factor ultimately in the game"

He doesn't get that all those 3 and outs CiDtL impacted the TOP and if they ran the ball the last 10 minutes then maybe the TOP is more even and the score is a lot different.

I do not understand how this guy thinks, it seems like he is trying to justify why they stopped running the ball...due to TOP!!!
LOL

LOL..Some posters here thinks that he needs one more year.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Glad to have Mays, said nice things.

He had confidence in our D and thought the Punt into the wind would help with FP (if it was not muffed).

Sounds like he is blaming the D and not metioned quitting on the Run or CiDtL

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Paraphrased:

"What's left for you as coach to get out of this season" Lindsay?

mCd " we are all pro's...thought effort was max, going to continue to come to work and do our job as best we can"

Lindsay? "..Coaching for your job?"
mCd "we are all being evaluated with what you do with those opportunity"

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Challanged Cox to have a good day in support of Champ

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
How do you deal with balancing act, how will you handle QB

"Try to win" wants good experience over experience, talked about Decker working his way in.

Doesn't want to use the last 4 games to put in players who aren't ready to go.

Sounds like Tebow is not the competition he wanted at the QB position considering he was a 1st round pick

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
"The goal is to win 1 game in a row 4 times"

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
How do you deal with balancing act, how will you handle QB

"Try to win" wants good experience over experience, talked about Decker working his way in.

Doesn't want to use the last 4 games to put in players who aren't ready to go.

Sounds like Tebow is not the competition he wanted at the QB position considering he was a 1st round pick

not surprised..He will try to delay starting Tebow as much as possible.
His job is dependent on him...

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
"I think Kyle Orton has had a good year"

What's best for the team...if those things can help our team be better down the stretch we will do them.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
More Champ praise on the last question

ro_50
12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
McDouche is so confused that he probably doesn't even know what's he going.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 03:21 PM
McDouche is so confused that he probably doesn't even know what's he going.

As i said..MCD won't play Tebow because it's his last card. Once he plays Tebow and if he fails to play well, then Mcd is done.

elsid13
12-06-2010, 04:15 PM

I think they make soap on the rope to prevent that move.

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I wonder if Bowlen didn't like what he heard in this presser and wants to see his toy play this year?

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
They should change this thread in a few weeks to:

Mays and Gronkowski CUT

jutang
12-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Now I gotta watch this presser given that McDaniels was let go right after

Dr. Broncenstein
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
"Oh by the way I'm fired."

kmartin575
12-07-2010, 05:49 AM