PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fairley

Slade
12-06-2010, 08:44 AM
6'5" 299 Compares to Trevor Pryce.

I want this guy at DE if he comes out early. The thought of having him at DE and Doom at OLB weaking havoc on QBs makes me smile. This guy is def not a NT, but the way we penetrates would be perfect for a 3-4 DE IMO.

Thoughts?

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 08:45 AM
He fits better as a 4-3 DT. But he's awesome, so id take him.

Popps
12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
He fits better as a 4-3 DT. But he's awesome, so id take him.

Why do you say that. Never seen him, is it his style?

That's pretty good size. Seems like good 3/4 DE size...

Slade
12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
I would really like to see our D line have 3x 300 lbers ala the Steelers. I really think we will play the run better. In the 2nd rd if we drafted a NT, we would be pretty good along the front 7.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Why do you say that. Never seen him, is it his style?

That's pretty good size. Seems like good 3/4 DE size...

He's move of a shoot the gap, upfield kind of player, where the 5-tech defensive end has to hold the point of attack, etc. Im not saying he can't do it, but think like Glenn Dorsey.

HorseHead
12-06-2010, 09:12 AM
definitely a force...watched him the other day against South Carolina..

seemed to gas out quickly though...

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
definitely a force...watched him the other day against South Carolina..

seemed to gas out quickly though...

Yeah. I watched that game. He looks like a great plug, but I would prefer the Broncos go after somebody more disruptive and energetic. Clayborn or Cameron would be bettter, IMHO, though not quite big enough. Maybe they can beef up. ???

Popps
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah. I watched that game. He looks like a great plug, but I would prefer the Broncos go after somebody more disruptive and energetic. Clayborn or Cameron would be bettter, IMHO, though not quite big enough. Maybe they can beef up. ???

Don't we need more of the plug-type at our DE spots, though?

Popps
12-06-2010, 10:03 AM
He's move of a shoot the gap, upfield kind of player, where the 5-tech defensive end has to hold the point of attack, etc. Im not saying he can't do it, but think like Glenn Dorsey.

Makes sense.

gyldenlove
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
To me he is the closest you get to Ndamokung Suh this year, he is very quick, brutally strong and very aggressive.

I think Marcel Dareus is a better fit, he plays 5-tech at Bama and is very well coached along with being very strong.

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Don't we need more of the plug-type at our DE spots, though?

Yes, but if we could get a little more than that it would be sweet too. Besides, Fairley isn't going to win any good citizenship awards. He's got a reputation as a dirty player. If we're going to go DE I would prefer Cameron Jordan of Cal. Great player, great tackler, disruptive, good citizen, and his dad was a probowler with the Vikes. I'd take him over Fairley any day of the week. I like Paea at the NT spot. He grew up playing rugby in Tonga. I've always thought the Broncos could use a little Polynesian influence. ;D

I know how to make it so Fairley never gets mentioned on this board again. His best buddy is Jamarcus Russell. :rofl:

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Broncos should go back to the 4-3. Still more 4-3 players on the team then 3-4. DJ cant play ILB needs to move to the weakside in a 4-3. Doom can play DE like Freeney.

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
People talking like Broncos are sold on 3-4 crack me up.

Every coach will probably be different next year.

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Dareus!

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
People talking like Broncos are sold on 3-4 crack me up.

Every coach will probably be different next year.

If we keep changing defensive schemes and coaches every year, we'll never climb out of the toilet.

pdaddy
12-06-2010, 11:17 AM
To me he is the closest you get to Ndamokung Suh this year, he is very quick, brutally strong and very aggressive.

I think Marcel Dareus is a better fit, he plays 5-tech at Bama and is very well coached along with being very strong.

Agreed. I like Dareus too, but Fairley (if he comes out - he's still an undergrad isn't he?) is about as good as it is going to get in terms of a defensive tackle this year. Type of guy opposing teams will have to plan for. One could argue Dareus would be a more disciplined 5 tech, and that Fairly is more suited to 3 tech gap shooting - but you could have argued the same about Richard Seymour when he came out. I think guys like Suh or Fairley are just too good, you take them, and they are going to be a force no matter what technique you ask them to play.

iforgotmypassword
12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
I've been watching this guy all year... what is he on most draft boards? IMO he has to be a top5 pick if he comes out, I'm a Nebraska fan so I've seen Suh throughout college and I can't beleive this guy isn't getting the type of recognition that Suh was... not saying he's Suh but he's head and shoulders above everybody else right now I beleive.... Speaking of Nebraska, prince amukamarah (sp) could be a great replacement of champ IMO.

bpc
12-06-2010, 01:48 PM
This guy is a mix of Trevor Pryce and Richard Seymore, so the original thread starter's prediction is accurate. Mark it down, he's going to be a bitch to block in the NFL. Great hands, leverage, pad level, and first step quickness. He doesn't always look like he's working the hardest to get free against pass blockers, he's just always in the backfield, effortlessly, just like Pryce used to be.

The only good thing about our top 5 draft pick this year will be potentially landing a player of his caliber. Hopefully the FO/McD don't mess it up. We could use an actual starter on the DL vs. the spare parts we have right now.

ro_50
12-06-2010, 02:17 PM
I've seen every snap of him this year and I'm a lifelong Auburn fan.

Fairley has really come on this year; he can beat double teams and triple teams. Teams have played him aggressive the last few games but he's learning how to become consistent.

Fairley owes a lot of his efforts to line coach Tracy Rocker.

He's become more mature this year and has shaked the lazy tag.

He's more suited for a 4-3 but I think he can play end on the 3-4.

He's the most dominant lineman at Auburn since Rocker.

Liquid Courage
12-06-2010, 02:23 PM
I'd prefer Paea as his upside is HUGE! He got 3 holding penalties from the Ducks on Saturday despite CONSTANT double teams . . . and he has an enormous ceiling. They are projecting him as either a 3-4 DE or a 4-3 DT.

here is a great clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aReOloBmRkQ

NFLBRONCO
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
people are comparing him to Sapp