PDA

View Full Version : Best Coach in the AFC West?

Kaylore
12-06-2010, 08:01 AM
It would appear to be Tom Cable at this point, no? He's had the worst GM to work with and has managed to make the crap that crazy Al pooped out into something pretty decent.

You could also make a case for Haley and what he's done in two years with the Chiefs, but he's so surrounded with more experienced coaches and Pioli is the real guy there.

Obviously McDaniels isn't.

Norv has had the best players at their respective positions for multiple years and done literally nothing at all.

crawdad
12-06-2010, 08:07 AM
I agree, watched the Raiders yesterday. They still need a quarterback that is consistent!

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 08:07 AM
I'd say Haley by a mile

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Cable without a doubt. HE understand that's that you have to play tough physical football. And all he had to do was punch out a stupid player.

Mile High Shack
12-06-2010, 08:10 AM
lord, talk about a division full of idiot coaches....I can't imagine any of them being in the top 15 of coaches in the NFL.

I think that's why the AFC West is so bad right now...coaching

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 08:11 AM
I know who is the worst coach in NFL..I watch him coach every Sunday.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I know who is the worst coach in NFL..I watch him coach every Sunday.

do you ever give it a rest? why do you feel the need to do this in every single thread on this forum?

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
do you ever give it a rest? why do you feel the need to do this in every single thread on this forum?

rugbythug
12-06-2010, 08:26 AM

Do you ever give it a rest or do this in ever single thread on this forum

bronco militia
12-06-2010, 08:28 AM
I'd say Haley by a mile

Ha! ?????

romeo crennel and charlie weis

strafen
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
I'd say McDaniels is the AFC West best coach.
IF it wasn't for injuries, the OL, the defense, a bad QB, a lousy running game, bad draft choices, he would've won it hands down!

Imagine what he would do if he had a brain?!

Popps
12-06-2010, 08:33 AM
The raiders have backed into some decent talent with those drafts, and made a couple other solid moves. They're not a terrible team from a talent perspective. I'm not sure how much it has to do with fat-boy's coaching, but you have to give him credit. That was a big win yesterday. They're generally ready to mail it in at this point.

cousinal11
12-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Haley

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Ha! ?????

romeo crennel and charlie weis

So we're gonna penalize a coach for doing part of his job extremely well (choosing staff)?

Makes sense.

bronco militia
12-06-2010, 08:52 AM
So we're gonna penalize a coach for doing part of his job extremely well (choosing staff)?

Makes sense.

I'll raise you Scott Pioli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pioli

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 08:55 AM
I'll raise you Scott Pioli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Pioli

If you can look at this and say it's deep enough to be giving all the credit to Pioli, then sure:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/depthchart?team=KC

But I don't see how anyone could do that YET Ha!

bronco militia
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
If you can look at this and say it's deep enough to be giving all the credit to Pioli, then sure:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/kansascitychiefs/depthchart?team=KC

But I don't see how anyone could do that YET Ha!

all the credit, of course not. But enough to think that Faley needed a lot of help on his staff this year and Pioli went out and got the best.

UberBroncoMan
12-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I'd say Haley by a mile

Him having Charlie Wies and Romeo Crennel handling all the playcalling and Pioli as GM doesn't really say much about him as a coach compared to what the others handle. Most people in that situation are going to succeed.

Miss I.
12-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Just to clarify, when you say coach, that could could apply to the head coach, but it could also apply to QB coach, Offensive and Defensive Coordinators, Special Teams Coaches, etc? Is that correct?

For the record, I will go with Mr. Grumpy, Todd Haley as best Head Coach currently in the AFC West, largely because he took the lousiest team in the west so far in a short amount of time. While I don't think it's just him, clearly the GM plays a role, as does his staff, he makes a lot of the decisions that get them there.

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 09:05 AM
all the credit, of course not. But enough to think that Faley needed a lot of help on his staff this year and Pioli went out and got the best.

Why do you view it that way instead of seeing the reality that all of them are from the Parcells tree? Hell, Haley coached WITH Belicheck, Crennel AND Weiss on the Jets in the late 90s... even Pioli was there...

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 09:08 AM
By the apparent standards posters are making in this thread, McDaniels is the best in the west, since he has no true GM assistance and because he assembled a horrendously poor coaching staff. Winning 3 games is a testament to his standalone coaching ability and he is clearly dominating the division.

Traveler
12-06-2010, 09:15 AM
C'mon guys. It's gotta be Norv. His teams have handed us our asses for approximately 5 years now. His body of work (during the season) more than justifies his selection as the best coach in the division.

As it now stands, I'd rank the HC's in the following order: Turner, Cable, Haley, and McDaniels.

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Cable, Haley, Turner, McDaniels

Mediocre to atrocious

CEH
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Talent wins in the NFL over coaching anyday

SD and Oak have much better football players than Denver and KC with it's superior 2010 draft is better than Denver next year

bendog
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Talent wins in the NFL over coaching anyday

SD and Oak have much better football players than Denver and KC with it's superior 2010 draft is better than Denver next year

Agreed, but aside from the qb change, what real changes did Oak make this year from last? And Campbell is hardly all-pro. Cable got these guys to stop playing up to the front office and stabbing coaches in the back. He may have done it with physical intimidation, but still....

Rock Chalk
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Our choices suck.

24champ
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Norv at this point, he has playoff experience while Haley, Cable, McDaniels do not. Norv has won multiple division titles, and the others have yet to win one.

bendog
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Norv? lol