PDA

View Full Version : Bailey may well have played his final game of consequence for the Broncos

oubronco
12-06-2010, 06:31 AM
"Champ, he's the best defender I ever went against," Bowe said.

"I don't want to be a distraction," Bailey said while walking out of the losing team's locker room. "If they come to me, I'll be here. If not, I'll go play somewhere else."

Sounds like Bailey would be open to coming back and playing for McD

Read more: Broncos eliminated from playoff contention after Chiefs hold on for win - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16783892#ixzz17LEvjCRr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2010, 06:35 AM
So long dude. Best of luck. Hope we see you in two years.

chadta
12-06-2010, 06:37 AM
So long dude. Best of luck. Hope we see you in two years.

well go party with him in canton in 8 or 9

thanks for everything champ, sorry we let ya down, go get yer ring, you deserve it

beanerbronco
12-06-2010, 06:38 AM
Champ deserves to be on a superbowl-contending team, however I wouldn't mind him staying with us forever Lol

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 06:42 AM
I think that's been true for some time now. There's simply no way Champ fits into the future here given his age and cost, so yeah...he's gone and I'm pretty certain that's the message Bowlen was sending when he took the offer off the table. Like it or not it's the Patriot way thing again...but we can at least hope these young kids have gleened enough from playing with him to have benefitted when they get on the field. To me that's the real value of both he and Dawkins playing here, the legacy factor they can leave with these youngsters

bowtown
12-06-2010, 06:44 AM
I think that's been true for some time now. There's simply no way Champ fits into the future here given his age and cost, so yeah...he's gone and I'm pretty certain that's the message Bowlen was sending when he took the offer off the table. Like it or not it's the Patriot way thing again...but we can at least hope these young kids have gleened enough from playing with him to have benefitted when they get on the field. To me that's the real value of both he and Dawkins playing here, the legacy factor they can leave with these youngsters

The message Bowlen was sending when he took the contract off the table is that he doesn't think there is going to be football next year and has no idea what the new structure of the CBA and NFL will be moving forward. It's absolutely nothing more than that.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 06:46 AM
definitely will be weird seeing him play for someone else. bowlen reportedly shut off the talks after mcdaniels and xanders almost finished the contract, but hopefully they can restart it.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 06:54 AM
The message Bowlen was sending when he took the contract off the table is that he doesn't think there is going to be football next year and has no idea what the new strucre of the CBA and NFL will be moving forward. It's absolutely nothing more than that.
The problem with that argument is that the action he took wasn't based on new information. Why offer him a contract to begin with if that's the reason it was removed? Didn't Pat know full well the reallity of a lockout when he offered the contract? Only an utter dupe thinks otherwise. No...Pat's making changes in his strategy on the fly, departing from things he's done in the past. That indicates an active decision making process is in play, no doubt this one coming from Ellis, perhaps from Josh or Xanders but certainly from Ellis. Something (someone) changed his mind between the time the contract was offered and pulled, and it wasn't that Pat suddenly decided the CBA problems should dictate whether he re-signs the team's best player on defense. This smacks of the "Patriot way" stuff we've seen already. BTW...in the midst of this discussion...I'll say this, I'm not sure the strategy isn't correct. It's just that nobody but Belicheat has been able to make it work so far in spite of multiple assistants out there trying.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 06:56 AM
The problem with that argument is that the action he took wasn't based on new information. Why offer him a contract to begin with if that's the reason it was removed? Didn't Pat know full well the reallity of a lockout when he offered the contract? Only an utter dupe thinks otherwise. No...Pat's making changes in his strategy on the fly, departing from things he's done in the past. That indicates an active decision making process is in play, no doubt this one coming from Ellis, perhaps from Josh or Xanders but certainly from Ellis. Something (someone) changed his mind between the time the contract was offered and pulled, and it wasn't that Pat suddenly decided the CBA problems should dictate whether he re-signs the team's best player on defense. This smacks of the "Patriot way" stuff we've seen already. BTW...in the midst of this discussion...I'll say this, I'm not sure the strategy isn't correct. It's just that nobody but Belicheat has been able to make it work so far in spite of multiple assistants out there trying.

pat doesnt offer contracts, that is mcdaniels and xanders job. he has the power to veto them, however.

bowtown
12-06-2010, 06:59 AM

No it means that Pat wanted to try to get something worked out in good faith, hoping that the lockout would not happen. As it's become more apparent that it most definitely is, things had to change, and strategies had to be put in place or executed. The first of those srtaegies is probabaly to not offer any further extensions or contracts until the new structure is in place. If Bowlen offers anyone else a contract extension in the next few months then we'll know it's something else... but it's not.

oubronco
12-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Lockout or not you just don't let your best player walk...period

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't disagree, but he's going to miss next year.

Tom A Hawk
12-06-2010, 07:23 AM
Bailey is something else. He did quite the number on Bowe and showed to a lot of people he still has something. He is one of the best of all times at that position. I wish him well and will be glad to see him leave the AFCW. I mean that respectfully of course.

55CrushEm
12-06-2010, 07:26 AM
Lockout or not you just don't let your best player walk...period

We didn't......we signed him to a big extension. It was just our bad luck he tore his pectoral muscle in TC.

TheReverend
12-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Lold at the "It can get worse" in the picture

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/1205/20101205_105642_FooterBroncos120610.jpg

Beantown Bronco
12-06-2010, 07:42 AM

FALSE. He pulled it within days of when certain teams started voting to de-certify.

Mile High Shack
12-06-2010, 07:48 AM
loyalty is the worst thing in pro sports. Champ played a great game, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and it's not like he is going to get better. Since we are rebuilding, we can't afford to keep him and acquire the talent we need.

He deserves to go to a Superbowl contending team so he can play out the next 2 years of his window at the top level

Mountain Bronco
12-06-2010, 08:07 AM
The performance on Bowe was awesome, best game by a CB this year. Bowe was completely shut down.

Hope he stays on, but it would be hard to justify a long term contract unless Champ wants to move to safety after 2 more years and structures his contract that way as well. Doubtful though.

Mountain Bronco
12-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Not to mention a sack and several big stops on running plays.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
There's always a backdoor plausible denial spin on everything negative that comes down the pike with this regime...ever notice this? I don't buy for a second that Bowlen wasn't well ahead of the information curve when he ("he" includes his minions btw) set a contract on the table with Bailey. The presumption of honesty in communicating with the fan base has flown out the window at least for the moment so I see no reason to assume anything coming out of Dove Valley is the gospel truth...why would we? On the other hand, we should be rooting like mad for this thing to succeed since we're two years and a boatload of draft picks into this plan. I odn't want to see Tebow abandoned, and that's not guaranteed if a new guy gets in here any time soon.

UberBroncoMan
12-06-2010, 08:58 AM
loyalty is the worst thing in pro sports. Champ played a great game, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and it's not like he is going to get better. Since we are rebuilding, we can't afford to keep him and acquire the talent we need.

He deserves to go to a Superbowl contending team so he can play out the next 2 years of his window at the top level

That's where him converting to Free Safety comes in.

Dude has probably 4-5 more quality seasons in him.

Chris
12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
I think Bailey is gone. The question is... do we franchise him? If so, what do we get and who might be a fit?

I hope we can get a 2nd rounder but my guess is it'll be a 3rd.

Teams that he might go to:

NFC

Falcons
Eagles
Packers

AFC

Ravens
Pats
Colts (doubt they would drop a pick... they prefer to test new players)

OBF1
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
As bad as this team is.... Is any one player worth 13,000,000 per season? That kind of money (Under the right GM) is a boat load of cash to get many players of need to help fix the team.

RaiderH8r
12-06-2010, 09:39 AM
"Champ, he's the best defender I ever went against," Bowe said.

"I don't want to be a distraction," Bailey said while walking out of the losing team's locker room. "If they come to me, I'll be here. If not, I'll go play somewhere else."

Sounds like Bailey would be open to coming back and playing for McD

Read more: Broncos eliminated from playoff contention after Chiefs hold on for win - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16783892#ixzz17LEvjCRr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Sounds like Champ is being a class act and not creating another ****storm in a record setting season for hurricane force ****storms.

Crushaholic
12-06-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't think he would want to work for a new coach. If McDaniels is gone, Champ is gone, in my opinion...

Durango
12-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Boy do we have short memories. Does anyone remember how excruciatingly painful it was finding competent talent for the Bronco secondary, and we're still waffling and substituting here and there at Safety. We struggled for a decade, drafting player after player after player, sacrificing high draft pick after draft pick trying to find SOMEONE who could man the CB position, and now, we're just going to let one of the best defenders ever just walk away? It bends the mind to think we're going to begin this fiasco all over again, and with a staff that is clueless about the draft, no less.

Why are we self destructing this way? Bowlen and Ellis know the history, and understand the current uncertainty, for cripes sake. They're pulling the strings. This is frustrating to the 'Nth' degree.

Gort
12-06-2010, 10:02 AM

the owners talk privately. just because they don't disclose what they talk about, doesn't mean there wasn't new information for Bowlen to respond to. the NFLPA (or what's left of it) has told players to save their money. they think the strike/lockout is a foregone conclusion.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Lold at the "It can get worse" in the picture

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2010/1205/20101205_105642_FooterBroncos120610.jpg

Are you on the wrong thread, or just a retard?

HILife
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Please resign him. Let the man retire a Bronco.

OBF1
12-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Boy do we have short memories. Does anyone remember how excruciatingly painful it was finding competent talent for the Bronco secondary, and we're still waffling and substituting here and there at Safety. We struggled for a decade, drafting player after player after player, sacrificing high draft pick after draft pick trying to find SOMEONE who could man the CB position, and now, we're just going to let one of the best defenders ever just walk away? It bends the mind to think we're going to begin this fiasco all over again, and with a staff that is clueless about the draft, no less.

Why are we self destructing this way? Bowlen and Ellis know the history, and understand the current uncertainty, for cripes sake. They're pulling the strings. This is frustrating to the 'Nth' degree.

The one thing that history should tell you, especially Denver Bronco history is that without generating a pass rush/pressure on any quarterback in the NFL via the front 7, it does not matter if you have Champ Bailey on one side and a Deion Sanders on the other, No cover CB can stay with an NFL WR for more than 4-5 seconds. This should be plain as day for any Denver Bronco fan that has watched this team the past 10 seasons.

gyldenlove
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I think Bailey is gone. The question is... do we franchise him? If so, what do we get and who might be a fit?

I hope we can get a 2nd rounder but my guess is it'll be a 3rd.

Teams that he might go to:

NFC

Falcons
Eagles
Packers

AFC

Ravens
Pats
Colts (doubt they would drop a pick... they prefer to test new players)

Would anyone else not be surprised to see him end up in the AFC North with either Pittsburgh or Baltimore?

~Crash~
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM

god :alghh: :deadhorse

~Crash~
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
um I want to win ****ing now pussies

~Crash~
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
you ****ing don't win letting go maybe the best FS in the game when you don't have one worth a crap ! 3-4 D need FS that are out of this world. Champ is that guy.

~Crash~
12-06-2010, 10:47 AM
The weather was the best CB yesterday on both teams .

~Crash~
12-06-2010, 10:47 AM
god you guys need to buy a room with champ ...lol

eddie mac
12-06-2010, 12:37 PM
If we let him go that shows me the direction this team is heading in. No-****ing-where.

1. He's still worth the money at his age
2. He's still one of best CB's in the league and has played behind a woeful front 7 since he came here.
3. If we dont even consider tagging him (if it's available) then Xanders and Co have just once again confirmed to me that they're one of the worst decision making front office's in football.
4. He's the Champ ffs, how can you let a guy called Champ go when you're surrounded by losers. You need at least one player who shouts winner to your face.

24champ
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Looking at those quotes, it looks like Champ has left the door open to continue his career with the Broncos. It all depends on if the Broncos want to continue on with Champ Bailey. I hope he sticks around.

Rock Chalk
12-06-2010, 12:46 PM
I think my whole household will be depressed if/when Champ leaves.

eddie mac
12-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Everytime they think about what they're going to do they should pop in the gametape from yesterday and rewatch him handle a guy who'd scored in 7 or 8 consecutive games and held him catchless whilst giving Cassell 10 secs to throw the ball everytime.

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Keep him, pay him. We are running out of proven players, he is one of the best players to ever play the game and he's not THAT old, hell he still runs stride for stride with almost anyone.

Letting him go would be a mistake. (yet another one)

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I think my whole household will be depressed if/when Champ leaves.

Losing Champ would be awful. I want him to retire a Bronco damnit!

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM

That Patriot way is working so well for us ? Patriot way is TOM BRADY who literally fell unto Billichecks lap. Without Brady they have no PATRIOT way or anyway whatsoever.

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
If we let him go that shows me the direction this team is heading in. No-****ing-where.

1. He's still worth the money at his age
2. He's still one of best CB's in the league and has played behind a woeful front 7 since he came here.
3. If we dont even consider tagging him (if it's available) then Xanders and Co have just once again confirmed to me that they're one of the worst decision making front office's in football.
4. He's the Champ ffs, how can you let a guy called Champ go when you're surrounded by losers. You need at least one player who shouts winner to your face.

Wouldnt surprise if the bone heads let him walk. Big mistake.

All you BRONCO FANS WHO WERE SAYING CHAMP WAS OVER THE HILL AND NEEDED TO GO CAUSE HE LET BOWE CATCH A FEW IN DENVER DURING A BLOWOUT SHOULD DRIVE TO HIS HOME AND APOLOGIZE, THEN YOUR MOUTHS SHOULD BE TAPED SHUT ........IDIOTS

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
the weather was the best cb yesterday on both teams .

really, do tell ? I was there ????????

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
IMO champ prob wants to get away from this little punk kid who has no business being a head coach and has no people skills whatsoever................

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2010, 01:12 PM
IMO champ prob wants to get away from this little punk kid who has no business being a head coach and has no people skills whatsoever................

Sure sounds that way from the way Champ's always talked about McD.

But hey, why use facts and quotes when you can assume and make yourself look like a ****ing moron, as usual?

24champ
12-06-2010, 01:14 PM

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/68/csb1.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
He's probably one of the top tacklers at the CB position. A defense this bad can't really afford to lose their best tackler but it always comes down to dollars and cents. I think he likes Denver--the organization and the city--and seems to approach his future in a realistic way.

Plus I'm not ready for my Bailey jersey to become obsolete.

Jetmeck
12-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Sure sounds that way from the way Champ's always talked about McD.

But hey, why use facts and quotes when you can assume and make yourself look like a ****ing moron, as usual?

champ has always towed the company line. He is a professional. Would you want to waste whAts left of your career under this idiot ?
I THOUGHT NOT YOU FREAKIN JERKOFF. Use your head before opening your piehole.

Your avatar name suits you well .....YOU NEVER HAVE ANYTHING USEFUL TO SAY, DO YOU. FIRST TO JUMP ON, HERE IS A CLUE NOBODY GIVES A **** WHETHER YOU DISAGREE WITH THEM.

PRBronco
12-06-2010, 01:21 PM
My heart will break if I never get to see Champ play as a safety for the Broncos :( I just love watching him tackle. I don't understand how so many professional football players can suck so much at it, just watch Champ film ffs.