PDA

View Full Version : Should Tebow save Josh?

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Looking at it from all angles, it's aparant that McDaniel's best route to saving his job is to throw caution to the wind and start Tebow from this point forward. If he bombs, McD gets to at least say it was expected but he's preparing him now for next year, which is what he had to do since we're out of contention anyway. If he does well and pulls out a win or two, it makes up for a lot of othe draft miscues and re-energizes the fans around this insanely popular guy who some think is the answer we've looked for sinice Elway left.

Here's the question; Since most people now seem to want McD to go no matter what, how would you feel if Tebow started and won, let's say 2 of 3 starts and looked very impressive...enough to give McD a shot in the arm with Bowlen, and Pat winds up keeping him based on the promise Tebow is showing at the end of the season.

Would you want Tebow to come in and play so well that McD's job is saved?

The Joker
12-06-2010, 03:42 AM
There's nobody in the NFL who runs an offense that plays into the strengths of Tim Tebow more than the one McDaniels uses.

That's the reason I still want McDaniels in charge next season, regardless of how this season plays out. I think Tebow could be quite special in this offense, would be a real disappointment if we never got to see it.

Rother8
12-06-2010, 04:02 AM
Ya, that's a very valid point you got there. If that happens, Josh has GOT to stay for at least another year. You don't mess around with potential franchise quarterbacks, especially ones who could be as fragile as Tebow could be IF he doesn't get in a system built for him.

McDaniels saw something in Timmy, let him at least try it out.

Keep in mind this is a team minus 2 pro bowl offensive players and a defensive one as well. Regardless of how or why Brandon and Gay aren't here right now- from a black and white standpoint it's safe to say it's in rebuilding mode right now.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 04:12 AM
There's nobody in the NFL who runs an offense that plays into the strengths of Tim Tebow more than the one McDaniels uses.

That's the reason I still want McDaniels in charge next season, regardless of how this season plays out. I think Tebow could be quite special in this offense, would be a real disappointment if we never got to see it.
I tend to agree...the only coaching change I could see that would maintain that continuity with him is if Urban Meyer came in here. Meyer's system heavily influenced the Pats and Denver's offense under McD.

The question becomes, is Tebow's opportunity for success under McD worth keeping him another year...or more? Keep in mind the lockout...if McD stays he's probably coaching Tebow in 2012. I'm interested to see how many think the trade off is worth the price if we go on the assumption that McDaniels continues to struggle.

gunns
12-06-2010, 06:15 AM
I just want whats best for the team. If McD has Tebow where he shows he has extreme promise, it's best to keep him. AS LONG AS extreme emphasis is put on building up the defense.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 06:45 AM
you don't want to fire Josh because of Tebow..That's what Josh wanted..
He chose project type QB so that Bowlen will think twice before firing him.
He will never start Tebow this season.
If Tebow starts and fails, then there is no reason for Mcd to stay here..
Very clever move on Mcd's part.

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 06:47 AM
It's gonna take a lot more than the Teboz to right the ship.

TonyR
12-06-2010, 07:10 AM
He chose project type QB so that Bowlen will think twice before firing him.

LOL The funniest part is that you might actually believe this nonsense.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 07:12 AM
LOL The funniest part is that you might actually believe this nonsense.

Well.I am right about Mcd from the beginning..you better believe this..

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Tebow is the only thing that saves his job at this point. It makes a lot of sense for Josh to play him the rest of the way...probably why he won't do it.

footstepsfrom#27
12-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Well.I am right about Mcd from the beginning..you better believe this..
Dude...there's a fine line between passionate and crazy, and you're flirtin' with it. Ha!

TonyR
12-06-2010, 07:24 AM
It makes a lot of sense for Josh to play him the rest of the way...

Except for the very likely possibility that he isn't ready. I'm betting McDaniels has a little bit more insight on this matter than you and I. You have to remember that Tebow was, and is, a project. He was drafted based on potential. He wasn't remotely NFL ready when drafted.

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
He's not ready. It'll take a year or two until he's ready to get on the field.

Rabb
12-06-2010, 07:36 AM

unfortunately whether that s true or not, it's not the question

Sir_Robin
12-06-2010, 07:39 AM
So let's say, for arguments sake, that it is obvious that Tebow was only doing well because he was clearly executing plays as they were drawn. To me that would indicate that Tebow is smart enough to learn a new, complicated system and execute it within a year. If so, then why would he have problems with a new coach or system?

On the other hand, let's say Tebow only does well is when the play blows up and he scrambles to make something happen. What reason would there then be to keep McDaniels?

Lastly, if Tebow looks like nothing but a confused rookie then, again, what point is there in keeping McDaniels?

I guess for me I can see no clear reason why mcd would have to be kept around just for Tebow's sake. Tebow either has the "it' factor fans yearn for or he doesn't. I have yet to hear someone talk about one of the greats at QB and then go on to discuss how it was only because of the head coach he had.

DrFate
12-06-2010, 07:53 AM
You have to remember that Tebow was, and is, a project. He was drafted based on potential. He wasn't remotely NFL ready when drafted.

So was Josh Freeman - that's working out pretty well...

Spider
12-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Tebow saves ? wtf ??? WWTTD ? Just what has tebow done in the NFL to inspire this kind of Insanity ? Hell Tim Tebow could end up Bein another Kyle Boller for crying out loud

TailgateNut
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Tebow is the only thing that saves his job at this point. It makes a lot of sense for Josh to play him the rest of the way...probably why he won't do it.

Maybe Tebow is the one who would get Josh fired if he puts him in. He might prove that you can't judge a book by its' cover. Maybe he really sucks bad enough that Josh can't afford to show that aside from jesrey sales, TimBow is hot air!

WolfpackGuy
12-06-2010, 08:14 AM
So was Josh Freeman - that's working out pretty well...

Freeman was/is a much better passer than Teboz.

Plus, Freeman already knew how to throw!

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
If Tebow save's Josh's job it means we are winning, so yes please!

mkporter
12-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Here's the question; Since most people now seem to want McD to go no matter what, how would you feel if Tebow started and won, let's say 2 of 3 starts and looked very impressive...enough to give McD a shot in the arm with Bowlen, and Pat winds up keeping him based on the promise Tebow is showing at the end of the season.

It's sad that you have to ask if people want our own players to play well.

oubronco
12-06-2010, 08:45 AM
What makes you think Tebow could save anybody's job?

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 08:49 AM
You are asking two separate questions.

1. Do you think that Josh McDaniels' job should be saved- absolutely not. He has proven himself far too immature for the position- not to mention the simple fact that his schemes and playcalling are horrendous.

2. Do you think/hope Tebow is successful? Of course. An extremely valuable pick was spent on him, resources have been used on his behalf. The Broncos need the Tebow pick to work out at this point.

Kaylore
12-06-2010, 08:56 AM

I disagree. He works harder than other rookies. In fact he works harder than most veterans. His football IQ is pretty high. Most of all, his confidence indestructible, so this idea that if we start him too soon his ego will be permanently wounded and thus permanently stymie his development is total nonsense. Not to mention the extremely long list of good QB's who played from the time they were drafted.

No, I agree with this. It's time to start Tebow. Not just because the season is lost, but because Orton does some things that directly hurt this team. Mainly a lack of clutch play, taking too many sacks and a complete lack of mobility. The last part has been a problem all year behind a line that has been flux and is only now starting to settle down.

And let's be real. Orton is the kind of QB that needs a lot of star pieces around him to thrive. That is not this team. I think we're seeing him as good as he'll be. I think Tebow can do for us what Vick did for the Eagles. There is nothing to lose but draft position. So come on!

DrFate
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
He's not ready.

I really want to know what this means. I try not to disagree with Garcia much (Hokieness notwithstanding). But Freeman, McCoy, Stafford, Ryan, Sanchez, Bradford - all have had pretty good success. Some were considered 'projects', some were considered day-one ready.

People on this board are acting like Tebow is going to be sent onto the field to fend for himself - no game plan, no coach's playcalling (of course after yesterday, maybe no play-calling is a GOOD thing). At some point you have to see what you have.

Give him the ball. Give him a run-first gameplan with 15-20 passes. (isn't the bulk of this amazing 'scheme' throwing screens anyway?) Arizona is #30 against the run (yards per game). Moreno and the run game did real well yesterday. You don't have to be an offensive genius to put together this gameplan...

Do people really feel that Tebow can't hand the ball off and throw some screen passes?

Jesterhole
12-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Except for the very likely possibility that he isn't ready. I'm betting McDaniels has a little bit more insight on this matter than you and I. You have to remember that Tebow was, and is, a project. He was drafted based on potential. He wasn't remotely NFL ready when drafted.

Sitting on the sidelines doesn't make you more ready. He's had months to study and observe. Getting him some reps in live action is the best way to evaluate the situation moving forward.

If he doesn't, McDaniels probably won't be around to try later.

BroncoInferno
12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Freeman was/is a much better passer than Teboz.p

Based on what ridiculous standard? Freeman was a sub-50% completion percentage guy in college, while Tebow was one of the most efficient passers in college FB history.

TonyR
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
...Freeman, McCoy, Stafford, Ryan, Sanchez, Bradford...

I understand your point and agree it's a worthwhile discussion. But it should be pointed out that every one of these guys, with the possible exception of McCoy, was considered at worst a 2nd round pick (and most 1st round picks) coming into their respective drafts. Tebow wasn't and was considered more of a project than any of these guys. The Broncos overdrafted Tebow based on potential and his off the charts intangibles. If McDaniels doesn't think he's ready then you have to believe he's right no matter how much you hate him.

SonOfLe-loLang

What grand insight do you have into this that supports your point?

crowebomber
It's not going to go as smoothly as planned if we switch to Tebow right now because there is still the issue of what to do with Orton.

If Josh pulls the plug on Orton right now, some will ask why since Orton's number seem to be the one bright spot on the team. Plus, it is going to hurt his trade value at the end of the season if this costs him a possible pro-bowl spot, which is likely/possible given the numbers he is putting up.

Also, if it does work out like that and Orton gets to the probowl, does Josh trade another probowler after all the criticism he took with Cutler and Marshall?

So, as much as I would like to put in Tebow just to salvage any entertainment value the Broncos may have for the fans this year, I think it would still put Josh in the middle of a sticky personnel situation when it comes to Orton.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:21 AM
I understand your point and agree it's a worthwhile discussion. But it should be pointed out that every one of these guys, with the possible exception of McCoy, was considered at worst a 2nd round pick (and most 1st round picks) coming into their respective drafts. Tebow wasn't and was considered more of a project than any of these guys. The Broncos overdrafted Tebow based on potential and his off the charts intangibles. If McDaniels doesn't think he's ready then you have to believe he's right no matter how much you hate him.

My god, this is all just TALK. By this judgement, terrell davis should have sat out his first year. Tom Brady should have sat longer too.

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
I really want to know what this means. I try not to disagree with Garcia much (Hokieness notwithstanding). But Freeman, McCoy, Stafford, Ryan, Sanchez, Bradford - all have had pretty good success. Some were considered 'projects', some were considered day-one ready.

People on this board are acting like Tebow is going to be sent onto the field to fend for himself - no game plan, no coach's playcalling (of course after yesterday, maybe no play-calling is a GOOD thing). At some point you have to see what you have.

Give him the ball. Give him a run-first gameplan with 15-20 passes. (isn't the bulk of this amazing 'scheme' throwing screens anyway?) Arizona is #30 against the run (yards per game). Moreno and the run game did real well yesterday. You don't have to be an offensive genius to put together this gameplan...
Granted college football has come along ways in grooming QB's for the NFL , But there is still blitz recognition, reading coverages etc ......
when Pros like Manning get baited , u can just imagine what would happen to Tebow

Popps
12-06-2010, 09:22 AM

It would create an interesting dynamic, for sure. Tebow seems loved by all, and the guy who brought him to Denver is hated by so many.

Personally, I don't care about McD's job in this case so much as Tebow's development. I think McD would do an excellent job with him... and I'm hoping that if we DO can McDaniels, he has a chance to work with Tebow before we do.

DarkHorse30
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
The O-line is getting better, so why not just start playing Tebow? I bet he will get significant time next week, now that the playoffs are out of the question.

Now's the time to find out if Tebow has game. He needs to crawl before he walks. I agree NOW is the time.

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
My god, this is all just TALK. By this judgement, terrell davis should have sat out his first year. Tom Brady should have sat longer too.

Running back is different then QB ...And brady did sit his first year except 1 game

TonyR
12-06-2010, 09:26 AM
My god, this is all just TALK.

But it's not. It has been widely publicized and documented how Tebow didn't have an NFL throwing motion.

And for the record I'm fine with the Broncos going with Tebow the rest of the year. But I think you have to step back and realize the coach is in a better position to make this call than we are.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Running back is different then QB ...And brady did sit his first year except 1 game

Its not the point, i know Brady came in in his second year. The point is all this "let him develop because blah blah" is just retarded talk. There are so many examples of QBs who are thrown right into the fire and develop just fine. This discussion about his mechanics and whatnot is based on absolutely nothing. The only evidence we have of Tebow's possible success/failure in the NFL is his preseason play and I think we can all agree he played quite well.

Plus, of all things, I dont think Tim Tebow is fragile. I dont think putting him out there will suddenly negate all this "development." He's a hard worker and I bet he knows the playbook pretty well by this point. It should be PART of his development considering all these games are now meaningless for the Broncos.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:30 AM
But it's not. It has been widely publicized and documented how Tebow didn't have an NFL throwing motion.

And for the record I'm fine with the Broncos going with Tebow the rest of the year. But I think you have to step back and realize the coach is in a better position to make this call than we are.

i dont care how publically documented it was. Really, all that throwing motion talk is a result of 24/7 sports news coverage where they have nothing to talk about. Again, the only evidence we have is the preseason and it wasnt like corners were jumping on his routes.

Obviously the coaches will make the call, but not playing him simply because people think he needs to "sit and learn" when he might very well be ready is just absurd talk.

BroncoInferno
12-06-2010, 09:30 AM

He shouldn't have been considered a bigger project than Freeman. Freeman was a completely unpolished player coming out of K-State, a sub-50% passer for his career. Projecting these guys and saying it will DEFINITELY take so-and-so 3 years to play but this guy can play right away is ridiculous. It's impossible to project because so much depends on what team a guy goes to, what kind of coaching he gets, etc.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:33 AM
He shouldn't have been considered a bigger project than Freeman. Freeman was a completely unpolished player coming out of K-State, a sub-50% passer for his career. Projecting these guys and saying it will DEFINITELY take so-and-so 3 years to play but this guy can play right away is ridiculous. It's impossible to project because so much depends on what team a guy goes to, what kind of coaching he gets, etc.

Exactly. Its just TALK

Dedhed
12-06-2010, 09:33 AM

There are a lot of reasons I want McDaniels in charge next season, but Tebow is certainly at the top of that list.

I can't think of a single coach anywhere who would be better at developing Tebow than McDaniels. To fire Josh means not only further turmoil, but also a devaluing of Tebow as the future of the franchise.

DrFate
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM

When Freeman was drafted, all the draftnicks said he was a 'purely developmental' pick, and wouldn't see the field for a couple of years. When McCoy was selected, Holmgren flat came out and said he wouldn't play any of 2010. They may have been 'rushed' due to injuries, but it isn't like they lined up under the guard or simply took the snap and fell down crying. These guys have some idea of what they are doing.

Secondly, the argument 'McDaniels is the coach, he has to be right' is a fallacy. I've worked in more than few places where simply because a guy has a job doesn't mean he knows what he's doing. Matt Millen was the GM for a long time after everyone (short of the owner, apparently) knew he was clueless. I happen to be in the camp that believes McDaniels is a lost cause and is clearly in over his head. Even if I'm dead wrong, that doesn't invalidate the idea that a first round QB should be able to take a snap, turn, and give the ball to the back.

I just would like someone to explain to me how a guy who McDaniels thought was worth 3 picks can't even play in garbage time handing the ball to Moreno and throwing screens? Nobody is expecting P. Manning type analysis and performance. Tebow played in the SEC, which we are told is the best conference going - and he certainly played against NFL-caliber defenders in his Florida career.

What's the harm?

What's the alternative? Broncos go into 2011 (or 2012 to listen to some on this board) with a QB who has never played any meaningful minutes? When does a rebuild become floundering?

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Its not the point, i know Brady came in in his second year. The point is all this "let him develop because blah blah" is just retarded talk. There are so many examples of QBs who are thrown right into the fire and develop just fine. This discussion about his mechanics and whatnot is based on absolutely nothing. The only evidence we have of Tebow's possible success/failure in the NFL is his preseason play and I think we can all agree he played quite well.

Plus, of all things, I dont think Tim Tebow is fragile. I dont think putting him out there will suddenly negate all this "development." He's a hard worker and I bet he knows the playbook pretty well by this point. It should be PART of his development considering all these games are now meaningless for the Broncos.
And Brady was sitting until Bledsoe got hurt and out for the season..... Just cause 1 guy can do it , doesnt mean the next guy will ......
Hell even Elway had a rough 1 st year well even 2 years ..... Elway showed signs of brilliance and talent..........And as for TD an running back , well you used that as an example , and I think you see where that has fail written all over it ............

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:37 AM
and it doesnt have a dayum thing to do with being fragile , I never once said Tebow was fragile ........ ??? .....

Tim
12-06-2010, 09:43 AM
ready or not the majority of the nation wants tebow and I agree.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:44 AM
And Brady was sitting until Bledsoe got hurt and out for the season..... Just cause 1 guy can do it , doesnt mean the next guy will ......
Hell even Elway had a rough 1 st year well even 2 years ..... Elway showed signs of brilliance and talent..........And as for TD an running back , well you used that as an example , and I think you see where that has fail written all over it ............

Again, would you like me to list a vast number of QBs that were thrown into the fire and have done just fine? Tim was a first round pick. Lots of these guys play right away. Theres no general science to QB development, each guy should be taken at a case by case basis. And from everything we know about Tim, he's not mentally fragile. Should he play and fail, i think it would only make him work harder.

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 09:44 AM
and it doesnt have a dayum thing to do with being fragile , I never once said Tebow was fragile ........ ??? .....

mentally fragile...it seems people here think one bad game will ruin him forever.

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:46 AM
Again, would you like me to list a vast number of QBs that were thrown into the fire and have done just fine? Tim was a first round pick. Lots of these guys play right away. Theres no general science to QB development, each guy should be taken at a case by case basis. And from everything we know about Tim, he's not mentally fragile. Should he play and fail, i think it would only make him work harder.

if you dont mind , I would love to see this list .......

colonelbeef
There are a lot of reasons I want McDaniels in charge next season, but Tebow is certainly at the top of that list.

I can't think of a single coach anywhere who would be better at developing Tebow than McDaniels. To fire Josh means not only further turmoil, but also a devaluing of Tebow as the future of the franchise.

A lot of reasons, eh?

1.) You have been 100% wrong about him, and figure if you give him 10 years, he might win 9 games one of those years

2.)You are secretly hoping for him to fall during summer workouts and give you that upskirt you have been pining for

3.)You hate the Broncos and wish for complete ruination before he is dismissed

McDaniels has done more to devalue the franchise than firing him would

DrFate
Just cause 1 guy can do it , doesnt mean the next guy will ......

And just because one guy can't do it doesn't mean the next guy can't...

We all know the history of guys who sat and performed well, as well as the guys who played early and performed poorly (and vice versa).

My point remains - we look at the recent crop of QBs and nearly all have looked pretty good. (Clausen being the notable exception, and the draftnicks said he was the MOST pro-ready, not the least ready) So, so much for draftnick logic...

Spider
mentally fragile...it seems people here think one bad game will ruin him forever.

Show me where I said that ?

Spider
12-06-2010, 09:51 AM
And just because one guy can't do it doesn't mean the next guy can't...

We all know the history of guys who sat and performed well, as well as the guys who played early and performed poorly (and vice versa).

My point remains - we look at the recent crop of QBs and nearly all have looked pretty good. (Clausen being the notable exception, and the draftnicks said he was the MOST pro-ready, not the least ready) So, so much for draftnick logic...

on this team ? seriously ........ alot of a Qb success depends on the team they are on , If we had a stronger defense .......

DrFate
12-06-2010, 09:56 AM
on this team ? seriously ........ alot of a Qb success depends on the team they are on , If we had a stronger defense .......

I don't disgree with that sentiment, but people on this board are ignoring the facts.

Bradford is making a 2-win team competitive

Stafford (when healthy) is making a 0-win team competitive

The Jets were 4-12 when they drafted Sanchez

Ryan was the #3 overall pick, so how many wins did the Falcons have the year he was drafted?

Look at the people who HAVE succeeded...

SonOfLe-loLang
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Show me where I said that ?

Wasnt claiming you said it, but if you didnt imply it, what exactly is the downside to playing him.

re: the list...just off the top of my head. QBs that started games in their rookie season and ended up fine:
Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Sam Bradford
John Elway
Mark Sanchez
Ben Roethlisberger
Joe Flacco
Eli Manning
Josh Freeman (though i dont think he started right away, but late in his first season)
Jay Cutler (ditto)
Michael Vick (didnt start every game, played a bunch though)
Mcnabb (played at the end of his rookie season)

And im sure im missing many guys that saw action in their rookie year and turned out just fine. Hell, even Kyle Orton was thrown the wolves his first season and ended up fine.

BlaK-Argentina
12-06-2010, 12:22 PM
I'm ready to see Tebow. Screw everyone's feelings, let's see what we have.

oubronco
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Josh McDaniels hasn’t even thought about starting Tim Tebow

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 6, 2010, 1:46 PM EST

The Denver Broncos are 3-9 and already mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. So why not hand the reins to rookie quarterback Tim Tebow and see what he can do?

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was asked that question after Sunday’s game, and he said that hasn’t even occurred to him.

“We haven’t even thought about that,” McDaniels said. “I think all of those conversations will be had going forward, but nobody’s put any effort toward that yet.”

The word “yet” at the end of that sentence may imply that McDaniels is at least open to the possibility of giving Tebow a start, but with only four more weeks left in the season, it may not be happening this year, at least as long as Kyle Orton stays healthy.

Orton is having a good season on a bad team, and he doesn’t deserve to get benched. But with the Broncos going nowhere, it wouldn’t hurt anything to get a longer look at Tebow. It’s time for McDaniels to start thinking about that.

TonyR
12-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels was asked that question after Sunday’s game...

I don't believe him. He's definitely "thought about it".

On another note, anybody know if he was asked about the pass instead of run issue in the latter stages of the game? And if so how he responded?

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 01:36 PM

On another note, anybody know if he was asked about the pass instead of run issue in the latter stages of the game? And if so how he responded?

Wasn't asked today at least.

Pick Six
12-06-2010, 01:54 PM
During training camp, I said that I don't really care who wins the starting quarterback job. I just want the Broncos to win games. I can't believe there would actually be Broncos fans out there who wouldn't change their minds about wanting McDaniels fired, if he suddenly gets the Broncos back on a winning track. I don't care whether it's Orton, Tebow, or even Quinn...

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM

Of course he has.

I really, really hate the duplicity with Josh McDaniels. He would be better served just stating the obvious- we like Tebow but he isn't quite ready in my eyes, etc...

Pretending like the thought never crossed his mind is so god damned childish and stupid, it's insulting

epicSocialism4tw
12-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Broncos + wins = me as a happy fan

It doesnt matter who is getting it done. McD, McGillicutty, or McSkillet...it doesnt matter who is responsible.

When the games are meaningful, theyre much more fun to watch.

bendog
12-06-2010, 03:30 PM
It seems pretty ominous to me about Tebow's ability to be a player. I'm a little neutral to him talentwise, though trading 3 picks with the lack of talent on this team was painful, but Orton has never been the answer. But even McD is not arrogant enough to realize that the vast maj of bronco fans are not happy. When a coach gets booed by the hometown, it's not a positive reflection on his job performance. The one thing that would ensure his survival, besides two wins, woudl be if Tebow showed some promise. People know he's a rookie, so a 1-2 td/interception ratio wouldn't be bothersome. A 50% completion rate wouldl be ok. But people do expect him to be able to make some plays by buying time and throwing deep. If he can't do that, it's bad. And considering the other personnel moves this guy has made, it's probably the likely outcome. Unfortunately.

Taco John
12-06-2010, 03:39 PM

That is actually addressed here... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3031711#post3031711)