PDA

View Full Version : Props to Knowshon...

Popps
12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
In 4 games since the bye week...

-4.8 ypc
-4.7 ypc
-4.7 ypc
-7.0 ypc

(569 total offensive yards)

-381 yards rushing
-188 yards receiving
-3 TDs

On a downer of a day for Broncos fans, it's worth giving the kid a mention.
Hopefully we'll continue to see more of this, and stick with it when it's working.

Question is, what happened during the bye week? Was that the week they moved Beadles over? The running lanes have looked significantly better since then. Maybe it was a product of guys getting healthier, too.
Either way, there's some encouraging signs coming from our offensive line as of late. After what we saw late last season and early this season, those are welcome signs.

Broncosfreak_56
12-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Agreed. Knowshon was a boss. I wish McD would have kept going to him in the red zone and late in the game. He gets 30 carries and I believe we win.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/07/fullj.09943f9eaf3f99ef5a103ab2d9244e03/09943f9eaf3f99ef5a103ab2d9244e03-getty-98733619js010_denver_bronco.jpg

KevinJames
12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
I said it last year kids going to be a top 5 back in the league and I still believe he will be.

He runs hard you could see it last year and your starting to see it more this year.

RhymesayersDU
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
Agreed. He's been running well. Still need to work on the offensive line, but as of late he's looked like a first round draft pick.

enjolras
12-05-2010, 10:40 PM
You have to mention the blocking of Beadles (and the offensive line in general) as well.

Hopefully we'll get Clady back to full strength next season.

zdoor
12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Knowshon played well and the line is showing improvement... Props to him...

Popps
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
You have to mention the blocking of Beadles (and the offensive line in general) as well.

Hopefully we'll get Clady back to full strength next season.

Yea, he's not himself... still.

What a boost that's going to be.

We get two huge boosts in Doom and Clady without having to make a single move next season. That will be nice.

ro_50
12-05-2010, 10:43 PM
I think people out there believe he was a speed back coming out of college and he's not; he's a shifty running back that's quick and shifty.

He's been a bright spot and he's fully healthy now and the run game has gotten going.

He's the best player on offense and they need to get him the ball at least 20 times (running or receiving) every game to have a chance.

mr007
12-05-2010, 10:48 PM
With the way he's running it seems like he is just finally healthy. The line definitely is doing better - but I really don't think he has been anywhere near 100% until recently.

Bronco Yoda
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Just had to start your own moreno thread huh Popps. Couldn't help yourself?

yerner
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
reminds me a little of brian westbrooke

strafen
12-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Just had to start your own moreno thread huh Popps. Couldn't help yourself?A bad omen for Moreno Ha!

broncocalijohn
12-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Well, Moreno has been playing lights out recently and I just hope some haters dont bump this when he has a bad game. Popps, this was for this stretch only correct? Want to make sure a couple of the old anti crowd (compared to the new ones) dont go bumping this for the wrong reasons.

OABB
12-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Knowgain mobusto can only run well when he has blockers. Bust.

colonelbeef
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Yay, he had a good game against a team 100% committed to stopping the pass first.

Yeah he had a good game, but when he goes for 45 yards on 2.6 per carry next week don't be surprised.

The schemes are terrible, and this has been borne out time and time again- I'm not even putting it on Moreno's shoulders whatsoever, although he absolutely lacks the burst to break anything beyond 10 yards with regularity.

Terrible offense, terrible coaching.

Zoobie
12-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Yay, he had a good game against a team 100% committed to stopping the pass first.

Yeah he had a good game, but when he goes for 45 yards on 2.6 per carry next week don't be surprised.

The schemes are terrible, and this has been borne out time and time again- I'm not even putting it on Moreno's shoulders whatsoever, although he absolutely lacks the burst to break anything beyond 10 yards with regularity.

Have you ever watched an NFL game?

OABB
12-05-2010, 11:56 PM

What was it you just said about people never admittig that they were wrong again?

Hulamau
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Knowshon is a player ... and loves the game. Glad to have him and look forward to the coming years with a more together Oline and game plans that fully use his energy and desire.

Got to watch last half of the game here in Amsterdam , have missed most of the last three games since returning here for a bit and been out of the loop some.

Terrible timing for Orton to forget to get out of bed. Should have swept KC for a modicum of bragging rights this year. I really like Kyle as a person and he's a decent QB overall for sure. But I am questioning his ability to pull games out of the fire.

Just seems more often than not in tight games he tightens up and like today when he gets pressure early and gets sacked a few times or knocked down in the first half he tends to rush things and rarely has that worked out well for us.

On a day the Defense showed up big time .. particularly considering KC had the ball over 37 minutes!! The D came to play in a very hostile environment and played more than well enough to win this game.

This lost is mostly on Kyle unfortunately ... certainly didnt help out his coach any.

By the same token, I think Josh made the mistake of throwing too often to Lloyd when it was clear the Chiefs had sold out to stop him. More dedication to the run game which was going like gang busters as well as more screens and out in the flat passes to Knowshon, and targeting Royal & Decker more might have made the one difference we needed to pull it out.

At least we didnt get embarassed there as many predicted. But it sucks we didnt pull out the win when we had it on a silver platter.

Events seem to be snowballing for Josh .. dont know if he is going to survive till next year?

spdirty
12-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I didn't watch or record the game, so...I guess moral victories are our new identity. Its OK though, a loss helps in the long run...don't want to rag to hard on popps, he's dong everything in his power to keep a sunny disposition with this team...I can tell its getting harder and harder for him by the day though.

strafen
12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
I didn't watch or record the game, so...I guess moral victories are our new identity. Its OK though, a loss helps in the long run...don't want to rag to hard on popps, he's dong everything in his power to keep a sunny disposition with this team...I can tell its getting harder and harder for him by the day though.

:rofl: :~ohyah!: :thumbsup:

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM

So you are berating a fan. You, who couldn't be ****ed to watch his own team are criticizing someone for being positive? What a pathetic and joyless bastard. You have the pleasure of joining baja on my ignore list.

strafen
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM
I've just had it.
It needs to be done...

<TABLE id=post3032041 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>Homer Simpson (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=13355) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because Homer Simpson is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE>

spdirty
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
So you are berating a fan. You, who couldn't be ****ed to watch his own team are criticizing someone for being positive? What a pathetic and joyless bastard. You have the pleasure of joining baja on my ignore list.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ly-9MDqMAd0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ly-9MDqMAd0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

spdirty
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I've just had it.
It needs to be done...

<TABLE id=post3032041 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2>Homer Simpson (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=13355) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because Homer Simpson is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE>

Eh, I put nobody on my ignore list. Ignore is for pussies.

spdirty
12-06-2010, 12:42 AM

Whats funny is I wasn't trying to berate the guy. I actually kind of admire his neverending steadfast sunny disposition of this team. It has to be one of the most difficult things to do.

But its tragic because its like the battered wives syndrome. When hubby comes home drunk and goes straight to bed, she thinks the marriage is making progress because he didn't beat her that night.

But of course you can't read this because I'm on your p***Y list. So **** off you ****ing worthless piece of **** co******ing mother****er.;D

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Knowshon like a lot of backs that looked good here and there can't be trusted 100% into next yr. Guys like Smith in Detroit, Jacobs in NY etc etc. When guys get dinged a lot teams will always have to think the guy can't be counted on.

Buckhalter, Maroney have to go. So really we need RBS even with Moreno looking better. We keep Moreno as an option, then go look for some competition. Maybe a FA journeyman with some upside, then a draft pick as well.

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 12:56 AM
Popps is a huge homer to the point of it being ridiculous. Then when people don't ra ra with him he went on the attack and acted like the superfan from high on mile high mountain.

enjolras
12-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Whats funny is I wasn't trying to berate the guy. I actually kind of admire his neverending steadfast sunny disposition of this team. It has to be one of the most difficult things to do.

It's supposed to be fun man. He's just keeping it that way.

Popps
12-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Knowshon is a player ... and loves the game. Glad to have him and look forward to the coming years with a more together Oline and game plans that fully use his energy and desire.

Got to watch last half of the game here in Amsterdam , have missed most of the last three games since returning here for a bit and been out of the loop some.

Terrible timing for Orton to forget to get out of bed. Should have swept KC for a modicum of bragging rights this year. I really like Kyle as a person and he's a decent QB overall for sure. But I am questioning his ability to pull games out of the fire.

Just seems more often than not in tight games he tightens up and like today when he gets pressure early and gets sacked a few times or knocked down in the first half he tends to rush things and rarely has that worked out well for us.

On a day the Defense showed up big time .. particularly considering KC had the ball over 37 minutes!! The D came to play in a very hostile environment and played more than well enough to win this game.

This lost is mostly on Kyle unfortunately ... certainly didnt help out his coach any.

By the same token, I think Josh made the mistake of throwing too often to Lloyd when it was clear the Chiefs had sold out to stop him. More dedication to the run game which was going like gang busters as well as more screens and out in the flat passes to Knowshon, and targeting Royal & Decker more might have made the one difference we needed to pull it out.

At least we didnt get embarassed there as many predicted. But it sucks we didnt pull out the win when we had it on a silver platter.

Events seem to be snowballing for Josh .. dont know if he is going to survive till next year?

Good to see you, Hula.

You haven't missed much being out of the loop. Tough times, but there have been a few bright spots. Kno has been one of them, along with the line's improvement. Orton's collapse today was indeed distressing, but the upside there is that we may at least see what we have in Tebow.

As for McD... hard to say. I guarantee you Bowlen doesn't want to make another switch, for a bunch of reasons. (Most of them obvious.) But, the camera nonsense might have put him on high alert. I think that was much more damaging than a down season. I think Pat went into the season ready to flush the system completely. So, despite the shock of the fans... I don't think Bowlen is thrown off by that so much as he is some of the bad PR that's followed. He didn't hire Josh to win immediately.
That said, there's certainly a tolerance-floor for any owner... even in a rebuilding phase. (Which we clearly are.) Bowlen made it somewhat clear that McDaniels needs to show something the rest of this season. Winning today would have done just that. But, keeping it competitive may have, as well. None of us know where ownership really is on this thing.

It is what it is. After a long stretch of average to above average results, we're in a true rebuilding year. **** happens. Bad seasons haven't shaken me out in 30 years as a fan, and I'm guessing most fans feel the same.
Hopefully we'll get things righted soon, and if not... we move on to the next coach. Such is sports.

Be well, brother!

Broncosfreak_56
12-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Good to see you, Hula.

You haven't missed much being out of the loop. Tough times, but there have been a few bright spots. Kno has been one of them, along with the line's improvement. Orton's collapse today was indeed distressing, but the upside there is that we may at least see what we have in Tebow.

As for McD... hard to say. I guarantee you Bowlen doesn't want to make another switch, for a bunch of reasons. (Most of them obvious.) But, the camera nonsense might have put him on high alert. I think that was much more damaging than a down season. I think Pat went into the season ready to flush the system completely. So, despite the shock of the fans... I don't think Bowlen is thrown off by that so much as he is some of the bad PR that's followed. He didn't hire Josh to win immediately.
That said, there's certainly a tolerance-floor for any owner... even in a rebuilding phase. (Which we clearly are.) Bowlen made it somewhat clear that McDaniels needs to show something the rest of this season. Winning today would have done just that. But, keeping it competitive may have, as well. None of us know where ownership really is on this thing.

It is what it is. After a long stretch of average to above average results, we're in a true rebuilding year. **** happens. Bad seasons haven't shaken me out in 30 years as a fan, and I'm guessing most fans feel the same.
Hopefully we'll get things righted soon, and if not... we move on to the next coach. Such is sports.

Be well, brother!

Man, what a reasonable take on the state of our team. You must be a blind homer for seeing any positives what-so-ever or for seeing both sides of an argument.

ColoradoDarin
12-06-2010, 06:13 AM
I think people out there believe he was a speed back coming out of college and he's not; he's a shifty running back that's quick and shifty.

He's been a bright spot and he's fully healthy now and the run game has gotten going.

He's the best player on offense and they need to get him the ball at least 20 times (running or receiving) every game to have a chance.

Yep, people need to think Curtis Martin, not Chris Johnson.

dsmoot
12-06-2010, 06:26 AM

He certainly has played very well. I would prefer that he better recognize the seams and take one cut and go rather than his east/west movement along the line. After watching TD, I don't like seeing a Barry Sanders style without a Barry Sanders ability to stop and accelerate.

cmhargrove
12-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Two things I noticed:

1. His knees are wobbling less. He has that "crazy leg" jittery style, but I think he is becoming more decisive about the first point of attack. Hit the first hole hard, then start juking after your initial pickup. That decision making seemed to add about 4 positive yards to each play.
2. Our blocks are timed much better. Beadles might be really good, now that he is getting some more experience at the LG position. He is hitting and sticking his blocks better.

The run game looked much better yesterday, and if Orton had completed just 50% of his passes, we would have won that game easily.

Spider
12-06-2010, 08:36 AM
guess now isnt a good time to mention Hillis ;D

Popps
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Two things I noticed:

1. His knees are wobbling less. He has that "crazy leg" jittery style, but I think he is becoming more decisive about the first point of attack. Hit the first hole hard, then start juking after your initial pickup. That decision making seemed to add about 4 positive yards to each play.
2. Our blocks are timed much better. Beadles might be really good, now that he is getting some more experience at the LG position. He is hitting and sticking his blocks better.

The run game looked much better yesterday, and if Orton had completed just 50% of his passes, we would have won that game easily.

He does look like he's hitting the hole more decisively.... but I'm fairly sure that's because there are actually lanes to run through. He's running much more like he did early last season, and in college. I'm convinced that his health, and the line's improved production are 90% of this improvement.
I think he's always had pretty good vision. You don't do what he did in college without it. He may have changed his game a bit, though... it's possible. Either way, it's nice to watch. Nothing more frustrating than the nonsense we had to endure in the running game early this season. It's a shame we couldn't have put together a win for his career day. Hopefully in time.

Tim
12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
I like how he gets hit hard and bounces back up immediately.

TonyR
12-06-2010, 10:08 AM

Great post, the logic of which will be lost on many people here.

HooptyHoops
12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I loved watching him in college...I'm not a Georgia fan, but the kid was just a blast to watch! I was pumped when we drafted him, and disappointed when he didn't look as good. I think the biggest thing that has changed is the Oline...I don't think anything else changed, but the Beadles and Harris change has done wonders for our run game!

Popps
12-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Great post, the logic of which will be lost on many people here.

I had already repped him on it.

:sunshine:

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I think Knowshon has put it all together. I expect a breakout year next year. In fact, I assume the Broncos go 12 and 4 next season and win the division.

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
What was it you just said about people never admittig that they were wrong again?

Pardon me? What specifically have I been incorrect about?

Ive never gone after Moreno, he might very well be a decent back. He damn well should be considering the pick used to acquire him.

Running backs are made and broken on offensive schemes, line play, and the quarterbacks' ability to command respect down the field and keep the safeties and linebackers honest.

The Chiefs knew that the Broncos are pass first, and would resort to screens and slants with consistency based on McDaniels and the personnel (Orton to be specific) so they decided to gameplan around shutting down Orton->Lloyd, which they were able to accomplish obviously.

As a result, Moreno had a great game. But as the score and current record indicate, it was not good enough, and has not been there all year for the most part. This rushing attack was a direct result of the KC gameplanning more than it was the dominance of the denver O- hello 6 points- and this has been and will continue to be borne out over the course of the McScandals tenure.

Popps
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I think Knowshon has put it all together. I expect a breakout year next year. In fact, I assume the Broncos go 12 and 4 next season and win the division.

Mark it down.

Championship!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2010, 11:01 AM

Dude, shut the **** up.

A player on the team you root for had a good day. It's okay to give the guy props and maybe take a break from being a complete dick hole.

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 11:22 AM

But its tragic because its like the battered wives syndrome. When hubby comes home drunk and goes straight to bed, she thinks the marriage is making progress because he didn't beat her that night.

But of course you can't read this because I'm on your p***Y list. So **** off you ****ing worthless piece of **** co******ing mother****er.;D

lol. Yeah, you got my "pissed off at the state of the Broncos" post last night. Don't worry, I decided I was being a douche and took it out on my wife. Marge is black and blue today!

underrated29
12-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Pardon me? What specifically have I been incorrect about?

Ive never gone after Moreno, he might very well be a decent back. He damn well should be considering the pick used to acquire him.

Running backs are made and broken on offensive schemes, line play, and the quarterbacks' ability to command respect down the field and keep the safeties and linebackers honest.

The Chiefs knew that the Broncos are pass first, and would resort to screens and slants with consistency based on McDaniels and the personnel (Orton to be specific) so they decided to gameplan around shutting down Orton->Lloyd, which they were able to accomplish obviously.

As a result, Moreno had a great game. But as the score and current record indicate, it was not good enough, and has not been there all year for the most part. This rushing attack was a direct result of the KC gameplanning more than it was the dominance of the denver O- hello 6 points- and this has been and will continue to be borne out over the course of the McScandals tenure.

This is stupid. It was not a result of them selling out for the pass. If that is the case then the Runninbacks for Indy, Green Bay, New Orleans, New Enlgand, and San Diego would all be putting up 160 yard games each and every week. Because those teams DO PASS THE BALL. And the defenses almost always sell out against he pass. Seriously, what a stupid arguement.

Any Runningback on any team would gladly take 160 rush yards and another 17 yards receiving any week. I guess the last 5 weeks that knowshon has gone over 100 total yards was also a direct result of the other teams game planning than it was the oline and knowshon.

Here are some fun facts for ya cheif.

1- Lesean Mccoy has the same number of 100+ rushing games
2- Jamal Charles leading the nfl only has 3 100+ rush games-knowshon has 2
3- Knoshon has only played in 25 games and has gone over 100+total yards 9 times. That is once every 2-3 games.

But NEver mind- you are right. Every 2-3 games the opposing team decides to sell out against the pass and it has nothing to do with the OL or knowshon. You sir are a genius and should be working with the broncos brass!

broncosteven
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM

That is a good comparison, Martin wasn't a take it to house guy from 50+ very often, he was a solid 8, 12, 20, 10 yard gainer which maybe what this staff wants and is fine if you don't leave those yards on the table.

KM has improved it shows, he still has lots of room to grow, I hope he goes over 1k this year despite being held back by CiDtL.

strafen
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Moreno is that kind of guy who will get us to a 12-4 record. ROFL!

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Trying to compare 100 yrs games to Charles is a joke. Charles is 100 times more explosive and dangerous to a defense then Moreno will ever be.

Charles has a YPC up there with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. One of the most impressive yrs I have seen from a RB.

If he ever gets ball more, and stays healthy, he will reach 2000 yrds.

cutthemdown
12-06-2010, 11:55 AM
No way Broncos will go into next yr with only one good option for starting RB. Moreno hasn't proven to be durable or consistent so at this point Broncos have to have a plan b, and a plan c.

Homer Simpson
12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
No way Broncos will go into next yr with only one good option for starting RB. Moreno hasn't proven to be durable or consistent so at this point Broncos have to have a plan b, and a plan c.

Lendale White will be back and Ball has looked alright.

snowspot66
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Trying to compare 100 yrs games to Charles is a joke. Charles is 100 times more explosive and dangerous to a defense then Moreno will ever be.

Charles has a YPC up there with Jim Brown and Barry Sanders. One of the most impressive yrs I have seen from a RB.

And there's your problem. I doubt the guy has more than a few years in him at this production level. The Chiefs have themselves a player. Unfortunately for them his best years will be wasted on a mediocre team lead by Cassel.

Requiem
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM
It still baffles me why people talk **** about a guy who has 2,100 all-purpose yards and 16 touchdowns in 25 games as a professional football player. Some people need to buy a clue.

underrated29
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM

Well if it is such a joke and charles is sooo much more dangerous and explosive then why does he only have 1 more 100 yard game then knowshon? I mean if charles is so great and knowshon is sooo not great, the difference should be a lot more.

Charles is sick and his YPC is amazing but he still only has 1137 yards. And if that is one of the most impressive things you have seen from a RB, that is pathetic. Even if we add in his 379 yards, he will be at 1500 all purpose which is very very very good. But Most impressive in years....No effing way!

No way he hits 2k on the ground either. Total yards,- he could probably do that. But you are talking about almost 900 yards on the ground in only 4 games. Cj2k and AP could not hit those numbers.

cmhargrove
12-06-2010, 12:40 PM
This is stupid. It was not a result of them selling out for the pass. If that is the case then the Runninbacks for Indy, Green Bay, New Orleans, New Enlgand, and San Diego would all be putting up 160 yard games each and every week. Because those teams DO PASS THE BALL. And the defenses almost always sell out against he pass. Seriously, what a stupid arguement.

Any Runningback on any team would gladly take 160 rush yards and another 17 yards receiving any week. I guess the last 5 weeks that knowshon has gone over 100 total yards was also a direct result of the other teams game planning than it was the oline and knowshon.

3- Knoshon has only played in 25 games and has gone over 100+total yards 9 times. That is once every 2-3 games.

But NEver mind- you are right. Every 2-3 games the opposing team decides to sell out against the pass and it has nothing to do with the OL or knowshon. You sir are a genius and should be working with the broncos brass!

Now why are you going to mess up their good discussion with...... facts. There's just no good reason to go around spouting facts in a discussion like this.

strafen
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Well if it is such a joke and charles is sooo much more dangerous and explosive then why does he only have 1 more 100 yard game then knowshon? I mean if charles is so great and knowshon is sooo not great, the difference should be a lot more.

Charles is sick and his YPC is amazing but he still only has 1137 yards. And if that is one of the most impressive things you have seen from a RB, that is pathetic. Even if we add in his 379 yards, he will be at 1500 all purpose which is very very very good. But Most impressive in years....No effing way!

No way he hits 2k on the ground either. Total yards,- he could probably do that. But you are talking about almost 900 yards on the ground in only 4 games. Cj2k and AP could not hit those numbers.J Charles was a 2rd rounder. LeSean McCoy was a 2nd rounder.
Knowshon Moreno was 1st rounder, 12th pick overall...

strafen
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Now why are you going to mess up their good discussion with...... facts. There's just no good reason to go around spouting facts in a discussion like this.

He doesn't even have his facts right.
He's comparing Moreno to 2nd and 3rd rounders! LOL

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM

What was the final score, seeing as how the rushing attack was so incredibly dominant- they must have run a few scores in, right?

Whats that? Not even 1 single touchdown?

They put up numbers between the 20s because the Chiefs were dedicated to stopping the pass first. Its really simple, and your inability to believe it does not change this simple fact. Safety help was on Lloyd and Gaffney, not keying on the dangerous Denver rushing attack.

Whenever KC needed a stop, they got it. This was more of a fluke than a 48 yard 2.4 per carry day from the Broncos and Moreno, hence the worst rushing attack in the league.

The numbers don't lie. Worst rushing attack in the league.

underrated29
J Charles was a 2rd rounder. LeSean McCoy was a 2nd rounder.
Knowshon Moreno was 1st rounder, 12th pick overall...

and

TD was a 6th rounder
Brady was a 6ht rounder
Rod smith was ufda
Jared allen was a 7th rounder...........

So what man- They are all players in the NFL, all tops of the game. Fact is they are starters and at the same position.

If that is the case, why dont you ask the bears how they feel about their first rd RB benson, or Indy about donald brown, or tampa about caillac, buffalo about marshawn lynch. They were all first round picks. Some were picks 3 and 4. Have fun with those for a while.

Requiem
He didn't bring up the other players, somebody else did, which has nothing to do with facts anyways.

Might want to bring up that Charles only has 13 touchdowns in 43 games compared to Moreno having 16 in 25.

Yet again, I am not sure why people are dogging on Moreno.

The draft position is irrelevant to the conversation anyways. They were all high picks for a reason, because people thought they could produce. So far, they have -- and each are improving as they have got more familiar in the NFL.

Some of you wangsmokes would bitch if your ice cream was cold.

I would hate to see what you would have been saying about Charles after his first year and McCoy after his. God, it would have to be worse than this.

Requiem
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM

Apparently you do though.

We are 29th in the league. Seattle, Arizona and Indianapolis are behind us.

We are 30th in the league in attempts, which skews this statistic as well. Protip: Also consider we pass the ball as that is our offensive style.

Get with the program, dip****.

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 12:52 PM
He didn't bring up the other players, somebody else did, which has nothing to do with facts anyways.

Might want to bring up that Charles only has 13 touchdowns in 43 games compared to Moreno having 16 in 25.

Yet again, I am not sure why people are dogging on Moreno.

The draft position is irrelevant to the conversation anyways. They were all high picks for a reason, because people thought they could produce. So far, they have -- and each are improving as they have got more familiar in the NFL.

Some of you wangsmokes would b**** if your ice cream was cold.

I would hate to see what you would have been saying about Charles after his first year and McCoy after his. God, it would have to be worse than this.

I am not 'dogging' on Moreno

The coaching, gameplanning, and schemes suck. McDaniels sucks. The slant pass run and shoot offense sucks.

Moreno is neither here nor there.

underrated29
12-06-2010, 12:55 PM
What was the final score, seeing as how the rushing attack was so incredibly dominant- they must have run a few scores in, right?

Whats that? Not even 1 single touchdown?

They put up numbers between the 20s because the Chiefs were dedicated to stopping the pass first. Its really simple, and your inability to believe it does not change this simple fact. Safety help was on Lloyd and Gaffney, not keying on the dangerous Denver rushing attack.

Whenever KC needed a stop, they got it. This was more of a fluke than a 48 yard 2.4 per carry day from the Broncos and Moreno, hence the worst rushing attack in the league.

alright this is getting old and you are thick. So this will be the last one from me as your blinders are welded on.

How many tds did the great #1 rushing atttack in the league score against the worst in the league rush D? how many did charles have? See, I can play this stupid game too.

Moreno had a lot better day than the 48 yard 2.4 per carry. 160 rush, 17 rec yard day, but i'm sure you already knew that.

Point is- worst rushing attack in the league- damn strait. Worst Rb and OL in the league- Not by a long shot. So when you are ready to come out and say that you took it personally that we drafted moreno instead of orakpo and that we traded away hillis and your ass got chapped and that knowshon is actually a pretty dam good RB, we can take you seriously. No one is denying we lost, charles is good, or that we are ranked last in the league in rushing (actually I think seattle just took that spot from us).

Requiem
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Then find a thread to crap on McDaniels some more. I know you need your daily fix. This thread is to praise Moreno, not piss on the head coach. We have plenty of places for that.

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Apparently you do though.

We are 29th in the league. Seattle, Arizona and Indianapolis are behind us.

We are 30th in the league in attempts, which skews this statistic as well. Protip: Also consider we pass the ball as that is our offensive style.

Get with the program, dip****.

You mean the program that somehow allows morons such as yourself to make excuses for a pathetic excuse for a football program?

No thx, I would much rather live in reality

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 12:58 PM
yay, moreno

::pom poms::

More loser talk from the McFailure backers. Shocking

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
alright this is getting old and you are thick. So this will be the last one from me as your blinders are welded on.

How many tds did the great #1 rushing atttack in the league score against the worst in the league rush D? how many did charles have? See, I can play this stupid game too.

Moreno had a lot better day than the 48 yard 2.4 per carry. 160 rush, 17 rec yard day, but i'm sure you already knew that.

Point is- worst rushing attack in the league- damn strait. Worst Rb and OL in the league- Not by a long shot. So when you are ready to come out and say that you took it personally that we drafted moreno instead of orakpo and that we traded away hillis and your ass got chapped and that knowshon is actually a pretty dam good RB, we can take you seriously. No one is denying we lost, charles is good, or that we are ranked last in the league in rushing (actually I think seattle just took that spot from us).

Never once have I said this.

You completely failed to understand my post at all

Requiem
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
You mean the program that somehow allows morons such as yourself to make excuses for a pathetic excuse for a football program?

No thx, I would much rather live in reality

What excuses have I been making?

I've been highly critical of the direction of the team, the difference between myself and people like you is that I am not willing to press the abort button quite yet on the McDaniels Era, and I've explained my reasoning for this in-depth, with good analysis and tact. Something you seem incapable of doing. You just piss out negativity through the keyboard with no direction towards resolve for the team.

And it is clear you do not live in reality when you attempt to make up statistics in order to justify your POV on the team. Reality is quite subjective, but you are not living in it.

Statistically, we are not the worst rushing team in the league as you attempted to discuss.

It is a damn shame a seventh grader just getting introduced to Lincoln-Douglas Debate would slam your rear in an argument. You should feel ashamed.

underrated29
12-06-2010, 01:01 PM
come on colonel, get real man.

No one here is talking up MFmcd. We are just talking about our RB. Thats it. He had a great game and we are happy for him. No one cares about josh.

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
The problem is that this thread reeks of more homerism- rarely is the objective viewpoint taken seriously here.

The rushing attack vs the Chiefs was as much a result of the Chiefs conceding yards and time on the ground at home instead of allowing Orton to get into a rhythm w/ Lloyd, which is what happened during the blowout @ Invesco.

Sure tho, this game was a result of a suddenly dominant rushing attack which is much better than the stats, players, and wins dictate. You believe that.

I'll believe 3-9 with garbage on both sides of the ball.

Moreno had a good game, and I'll say it again- he might be a decent player.

Not with this coach, and not with these schemes though

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
come on colonel, get real man.

No one here is talking up MFmcd. We are just talking about our RB. Thats it. He had a great game and we are happy for him. No one cares about josh.

I can get on board with Moreno. Its a total shame McD doesn't have faith in the rushing game...

colonelbeef
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM
What excuses have I been making?

I've been highly critical of the direction of the team, the difference between myself and people like you is that I am not willing to press the abort button quite yet on the McDaniels Era, and I've explained my reasoning for this in-depth, with good analysis and tact. Something you seem incapable of doing. You just piss out negativity through the keyboard with no direction towards resolve for the team.

And it is clear you do not live in reality when you attempt to make up statistics in order to justify your POV on the team. Reality is quite subjective, but you are not living in it.

Statistically, we are not the worst rushing team in the league as you attempted to discuss.

It is a damn shame a seventh grader just getting introduced to Lincoln-Douglas Debate would slam your rear in an argument. You should feel ashamed.

So now that the team has jumped from worst to almost worst in the league after a decent game, you are not going to pretend as though you have a point to hold on to here?

Laughable.

underrated29
12-06-2010, 01:09 PM
I can get on board with Moreno. Its a total shame McD doesn't have faith in the rushing game...

Im with ya 100% on that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
yay, moreno

More thread derailment from the board simpleton.

What a dumb ****.

underrated29
12-06-2010, 01:11 PM
So now that the team has jumped from worst to almost worst in the league after a decent game, you are not going to pretend as though you have a point to hold on to here?

Laughable.

The point is the last 5 games Knowhon has gone over 100 total yards with tds, and it no coincidence that our OL is finally healthy and playing in the way we thought it would after the draft.

clady,beadle,jd,kupes,harris.

So with that and 5 games where we have rushed pretty well, it shines bright for the future. Except of course as you pointed out when Josh decides that he wants to pass pass and pass some more.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I am pleased with the way Moreno is running the ball after bye week.
I hope he continues the same way and prove Hillis lovers(like me) wrong.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2010, 01:16 PM
I am pleased with the way Moreno is running the ball after bye week.
I hope he continues the same way and prove Hillis lovers(like me) wrong.

Don't look now, but you just made a post that wasn't completely hate-filled and absurd. This is a big change for you, and might require counseling to adjust. Let me know if I can give you a reference.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Don't look now, but you just made a post that wasn't completely hate-filled and absurd. This is a big change for you, and might require counseling to adjust. Let me know if I can give you a reference.

There are only couple of positives i saw during this season ..

1) Mcd didn't abandon the running game at home against chiefs.
2) Moreno is playing well after bye week.

I am not like some posters who sees stats and say Orton is great etc...

Archer81
12-06-2010, 01:30 PM

I am not like some posters who sees stats and say Orton is great etc...

The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Kudos to you, little cave troll.

:Broncos:

CEH
12-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Knowshown had a very good game against the Chiefs. In fact his 3 highest rushing games all have come against the Chiefs

So if we were over in the Hillis thread and Peyton's top three games all came against the Kansas City Chiefs you don't think everyone would zero in on that fact and pile on

He needs to continue to play well but do it against teams not wearing Hot Dog colors

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

Kudos to you, little cave troll.

Keep supporting Mcdumbass..Good things will happen.ROFL!

broncocalijohn
yay, moreno

There is no problem looking at a bright spot from this team. We are talking players not the head coach so at least enjoy something of this disappointment of a team and know that moreno shined and the line, once again, did their job. We all know u hate McD but can you see that there is something good happening? We won't hold you to liking mcd.

go_broncos
Knowshown had a very good game against the Chiefs. In fact his 3 highest rushing games all have come against the Chiefs

So if we were over in the Hillis thread and Peyton's top three games all came against the Kansas City Chiefs you don't think everyone would zero in on that fact and pile on

He needs to continue to play well but do it against teams not wearing Hot Dog colors

Good Post..

Archer81
12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Keep supporting Mcdumbass..Good things will happen.ROFL!

I support the team you mouth breathing genetic dead end. Logically speaking, I support the coaching staff, FO and players currently employed by the team. If they go for whatever reason, my support ceases.

Jerkoff.

Rock Chalk
12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
I thought Moreno did great but more importantly he ran hard and broke tackles. He turned what would have been a 1 or 2 yard gain into 12 yesterday and that was what has been missing. That and the gaping hole's he's now getting.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I support the team you mouth breathing genetic dead end. Logically speaking, I support the coaching staff, FO and players currently employed by the team. If they go for whatever reason, my support ceases.

Jerkoff.

well..so you don't have your own opinion..you support the coaching staff blindly..got it...

Archer81
12-06-2010, 02:07 PM
well..so you don't have your own opinion..you support the coaching staff blindly..got it...

Yes. I completely said that.

Are you stupid?

broncocalijohn
12-06-2010, 02:09 PM

Jerkoff.

I support the team as a whole but I dont support everything that puts it as a whole. I still go to the bars and watch the Broncos and hope they win. I dont give a **** about moving up 2 in the draft order if we lose the rest of the games; I want to win all the games out. I want the other teams around us in the draft order to win. Saying all that, you can criticize problems on the team that need to be corrected. I have turned on McDaniels this year but supported him and really hard on him the since the Raiders'game. I still want him to succeed because that means Broncos are winning. Right now, he is failing and we are losing which is a crappy combination. Big difference of wanting your team to win inspite of collossal f ups on the team and commenting on that which can include benching or firing a player/coach/front office guy.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes. I completely said that.

Are you stupid?

you will look stupid when Mcd gets fired after this season..

Archer81
12-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I support the team as a whole but I dont support everything that puts it as a whole. I still go to the bars and watch the Broncos and hope they win. I dont give a **** about moving up 2 in the draft order if we lose the rest of the games; I want to win all the games out. I want the other teams around us in the draft order to win. Saying all that, you can criticize problems on the team that need to be corrected. I have turned on McDaniels this year but supported him and really hard on him the since the Raiders'game. I still want him to succeed because that means Broncos are winning. Right now, he is failing and we are losing which is a crappy combination. Big difference of wanting your team to win inspite of collossal f ups on the team and commenting on that which can include benching or firing a player/coach/front office guy.

No criticism of mine is going to impact the way the Broncos go about their business. It doesnt matter who the coach is, or who the GM is. I dont feel the need to rip Dove Valley a new one every time something goes wrong on the field. **** happens.

24champ
12-06-2010, 02:17 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQG0Lxy4G4wsrldSkYw736OcPHFqtrtS zjTz10HLMR1SQW7u1OV

Archer81
12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
you will look stupid when Mcd gets fired after this season..

Uh huh. I am pretty sure I wont care. But I am equally sure you will be posting as fast as your gimp fingers can fly to crow about McD being gone. Like you had anything to do with it.

This is what makes you stupid.

Silly ass.

Pony Boy
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
This thread better get a whole lot better if it's going to ever get up to 126 pages and stay on the front page.

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM

Well..I appreciated Moreno and i got the response like this..

--
--

Br0nc0Buster
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
So apparently our record invalidates any positive play from any of our players

"Moreno has been playing well lately"

troll: "we are 3-9 he sucks"

good times

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
No criticism of mine is going to impact the way the Broncos go about their business. It doesnt matter who the coach is, or who the GM is. I dont feel the need to rip Dove Valley a new one every time something goes wrong on the field. **** happens.

Well.then why you are posting here???you think by posting positive messages Mcd is going to give job to you..

Archer81
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Well.then why you are posting here???you think by posting positive messages Mcd is going to give job to you..

Jesus...

go_broncos
12-06-2010, 02:32 PM
this will be my last post in this thread..I am really pleased with the way Moreno is running the ball..I hope he continues the same way for the remaining games..

Br0nc0Buster
12-06-2010, 02:34 PM

totally man
every player on this team sucks all the time every game, after all we are 3-9

why would anyone point out when our top pick from the 09 draft starts producing like a top back should?
I mean cmon we are 3-9

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
this will be my last post on this forum..I am really pleased with the way Moreno is running the ball..I hope he continues the same way for the remaining games..

pretty please?

NYBronco
12-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Good to see Moreno getting some solid game performances. The yards vs the chiefs yesterday were tough but he just kept running through them. It looks like the oline is starting to play together.

McDman
12-06-2010, 04:03 PM
This thread sums up the definition of a troll. A thread is made to acknowledge the great play of one of our players and it turns into a giant debate.

McDman
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
BTW, anyone have any highlights of his from the game? NFL.com are terrible.

SlipperyPete
12-06-2010, 04:35 PM
This is stupid. It was not a result of them selling out for the pass.

KC played almost the entire game in a 2-4-5 nickel defense. That's the very definition of selling out against the pass and saying "Go ahead and run, we don't care".

Jamaal Charles "only" has 1,137 yards (3rd most in the NFL) because he's splitting carries with Thomas Jones. They both have around 180 carries this season.

If it was a 60-40 split in Charles' favor, rather than 50-50, he'd be the league's leading rusher by far, even despite the fact that 40% of his team's carries were going to someone else.

Did you even see the graphic during the game yesterday, showing that Charles has a legitimate chance to beat JIM BROWN for the best yards per carry average in NFL history?

When they start putting up graphics like that for Knowshon, let us know.