PDA

View Full Version : Denver eliminated from the playoffs

lostknight
12-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Just looked at the numbers. KC now has nine wins in the division - which we can't match. Not only that, with New England at nine wins, and the Steelers with 8, the wild-card isn't possible either.

So game over - the earliest time this has happened since the short strike season.

I really honestly thought we were going 10-6 this year. I never could have imagined being eliminated in the first week of December. My father said it best watching the game today - it's a shame to see this team do so poorly.

It's time to start working next season. We need to figure out what the youth on this team can do.

Popps
12-05-2010, 02:32 PM
I find it interesting that no one has mentioned pass-rush.

KC had one today, and we didn't. If we did, I wonder how this game could have gone differently. This is at least the 4th game this year
I think Doomervil could have made a big impact on.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM
I find it interesting that

Did you forget what was interesting?

Archer81
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Did you mean conference wins?

And I thought KC was 8-4?

:Broncos:

mr007
12-05-2010, 02:39 PM

KC had one today, and we didn't. If we did, I wonder how this game could have gone differently. This is at least the 4th game this year

You know the score was 10-6, right? D wasn't the problem.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM

D played as well as they possibly could off. This loss had nothing to do with them.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 02:43 PM
You know the score was 10-6, right? D wasn't the problem.

He keeps saying that we missed Doom whenever we lose.
Next year if Josh is our coach and we lose he will say "It takes time for Tebow to learn Mcd's complex system".

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 02:45 PM

One man doesn't make a pass rush.

Why couldn't Denver acquire Kamerion Wimbley from Cleveland instead of using Hillis to acquire some worthless ass grabber holding a clipboard?

Archer81
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
Next year if Josh is our coach and we lose he will say "It takes time for Tebow to learn Mcd's complex system".

...if you think lacking our best passrusher is not a problem then I dont know what to tell you.

thecool
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM

And if next year we're a winning team, you won't be around.

Oh how great it'll be.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM

Why couldn't Denver acquire Kamerion Wimbley from Cleveland instead of using Hillis to acquire some worthless ass grabber holding a clipboard?

That's incorrect. Dumerville is a one man pass rush in the 3-4. When he doesn't do it himself he makes it so others can. Losing him killed our defense. With him it would probably be an average defense. He's that important because we have nobody who can even dream of filling in for him.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
And if next year we're a winning team, you won't be around.

Oh how great it'll be.

We won't win as long as Mcd is our coach..
Posters like you who are Mcd lover will go..

Archer81
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
We won't win as long as Mcd is our coach..
Posters like you who are Mcd lover will go..

You know records have a B side. Even broken ones.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 02:54 PM
...if you think lacking our best passrusher is not a problem then I dont know what to tell you.

Well..you need to realize that the josh play calling and his scheme sucks..
With the current coaches we are having, it won't matter even if we have doom.

Couple of things.
1) Doom was playing well under Nolan's scheme.
How do you know how the current Defensive coordinator uses him?

2) He didn't play well after the bye week last year..Most of his sacks came before the bye week..

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
It's amazing that some fans still think Mcd will become a great coach..

HILife
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Just looked at the numbers. KC now has nine wins in the division - which we can't match. Not only that, with New England at nine wins, and the Steelers with 8, the wild-card isn't possible either.

So game over - the earliest time this has happened since the short strike season.

I really honestly thought we were going 10-6 this year. I never could have imagined being eliminated in the first week of December. My father said it best watching the game today - it's a shame to see this team do so poorly.

It's time to start working next season. We need to figure out what the youth on this team can do.

Did you really think this team had a hope of making the playoffs? I know i didn't. I gave up on this team making the playoffs during the bye.

HILife
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Couple of things.

2) He didn't play well after the bye week last year..Most of his sacks came before the bye week..

1) How do YOU know how the current Defensive coordinator uses him?

2) That was then and this is now.

HILife
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Crotch grabber. He grabs men's crotch. Get it right.

Archer81
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM

Couple of things.

OK. What does McDaniels offensive scheme have to do with Denver losing their best pass rusher? You mean to tell me if we had doom against the NYJ or against St Louis or against SD we have the same results? Can you look at the Broncos objectively at all?

1. Considering Doom is a linebacker...and Martindale was linebackers coach...I am fairly certain he would have been used correctly.

2. So let me understand you. Doom had 17 sacks in 2009. 10 the first 6 games, 7 the last 10 but he somehow would not make an impact this year even though Doom has played consistently well regardless of who the DC is?

OABB
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
This thread needs the orton Jack gif.

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM

And I still think that even if mCd had doom he still would have scrapped KM for the CiDtL option and we loose anyway.

mCd just proved that you can find way's to loose even when your talent is having a career day.

ro_50
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Now five seasons and counting without any playoff appearances.

One playoff victory since the last Super Bowl victory.

This is a franchise that has fallen on hard times.

Popps
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM

:rofl:

I knew the pass-rush related to Hillis, somehow.

That's awesome.

Anyway, good point... you're right, having the league sack leader wouldn't have helped our pass-rush this year.

KUTGW!

HILife
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
This thread needs the orton Jack gif.

There you go.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/johncraig0880/KyleOrton.gif

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
OK. What does McDaniels offensive scheme have to do with Denver losing their best pass rusher? You mean to tell me if we had doom against the NYJ or against St Louis or against SD we have the same results? Can you look at the Broncos objectively at all?

1. Considering Doom is a linebacker...and Martindale was linebackers coach...I am fairly certain he would have been used correctly.

2. So let me understand you. Doom had 17 sacks in 2009. 10 the first 6 games, 7 the last 10 but he somehow would not make an impact this year even though Doom has played consistently well regardless of who the DC is?

For me ..it is simple.We suck because of the coaches and the players he assembled.
That's the way i see it on every Sunday.
I am telling you..Next year..if we lose again..Some posters will say we need to be patient with Tebow.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
That's incorrect. Dumerville is a one man pass rush in the 3-4. When he doesn't do it himself he makes it so others can. Losing him killed our defense. With him it would probably be an average defense. He's that important because we have nobody who can even dream of filling in for him.

If you live and die by Dumervil, I guess you deserve to be 3-9.

In Pittsburgh over the years, they have continuously plugged in and replaced 3-4 outside pass rushers without skipping a beat. It's an organizational mindset that they are going to generate pressure regardless who plays.

Obviously you can't replace Dumervil, but that doesn't excuse Wink Martindale from not finding creative ways to generate pressure. If Pittsburgh can make a beast out of a waiver wire stiff like James Harrison, I don't see why the coaches here can't develop the pass rushing skills of Ayers, Hunter and Haggan to the extent where they generate an occasional pressure.

Even if it means blitzing D.J., Mays, Bailey, use the few play makers you have to create opportunities and turnovers.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
And I still think that even if mCd had doom he still would have scrapped KM for the CiDtL option and we loose anyway.

mCd just proved that you can find way's to loose even when your talent is having a career day.

Well..they think that Doom will fix all our problems.
Good for them...

Dudeskey
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Pass rush makes little difference when you're only down by 4 against a running team that happens to be (wait for it).... running the ball!

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM

In Pittsburgh over the years, they have continuously plugged in and replaced 3-4 outside pass rushers without skipping a beat. It's an organizational mindset that they are going to generate pressure regardless who plays.

Obviously you can't replace Dumervil, but that doesn't excuse Wink Martindale from not finding creative ways to generate pressure. If Pittsburgh can make a beast out of a waiver wire stiff like James Harrison, I don't see why the coaches here can't develop the pass rushing skills of Ayers, Hunter and Haggan to the extent where they generate an occasional pressure.

Even if it means blitzing D.J., Mays, Bailey, use the few play makers you have to create opportunities and turnovers.

James Harrison has become a Pro Bowl defensive player in a Dick Lebeau defense loaded with other talent. Dumerville is damn near the only defensive talent we have. The two situations are not even close to the same. Of course we're 3-9. We lack talent.

thecool

Steelers have been doing it for years and have one of the best d cords of all time. They have a system and philosophy in set and been doing it for years.

We've been one of the softest teams for the past 10 years and have pretty much gone through a full organizational rebuild from every standpoint possible.

It takes time.

broncosteven
pass rush makes little difference when you're only down by 4 against a running team that happens to be (wait for it).... running the ball!

bingo

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Pass rush makes little difference when you're only down by 4 against a running team that happens to be (wait for it).... running the ball!

Sure would make a difference when Cassel has all day to throw the ball and converts on third and long. Improved field position wouldn't have hurt our pathetic showing today.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
:rofl:

I knew the pass-rush related to Hillis, somehow.

That's awesome.

Anyway, good point... you're right, having the league sack leader wouldn't have helped our pass-rush this year.

KUTGW!

You're not getting the point. Hillis was a resource. Denver could have use that resource to acquire an impact pass rusher who could have helped the defense this year, but no, they just had to have a 3rd quarterback who won't see the field.

I never said Dumervil wouldn't have helped our pass rush this year. I am making the argument that depth at pass rusher is needed in the 3-4 and Denver failed to cover their ass. They put their eggs in one basket.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
James Harrison has become a Pro Bowl defensive player in a Dick Lebeau defense loaded with other talent. Dumerville is damn near the only defensive talent we have. The two situations are not even close to the same. Of course we're 3-9. We lack talent.

Thanks for making my point. Where was the investment in the front seven?

Why are resources being committed to acquiring trash (Brady Quinn) that have no chance to see the field?

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for making my point. Where was the investment in the front seven?

Why are resources being committed to trash (Brady Quinn) that have no chance to see the field?

Because we traded them trash that hadn't seen the field (who is now not trash and does see the field). People need to get over this notion that the Browns were trading for 2010 Hillis. They were trading for 2009 Hillis, he was worth about a 6th round pick in that trade.

(this post is in no way excusing the lack of drafting for the DL/LBs)

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Because we traded them trash that hadn't seen the field (who is now not trash and does see the field). People need to get over this notion that the Browns were trading for 2010 Hillis. They were trading for 2009 Hillis, he was worth about a 6th round pick in that trade.

(this post is in no way excusing the lack of drafting for the DL/LBs)

It was a personnel blunder on Denver pure and simple. They didn't know what they own guy was capable of and Cleveland ripped them off.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
It was a personnel blunder on Denver pure and simple. They didn't know what they own guy was capable of and Cleveland ripped them off.

One good, not great, season does not make a career. I think we of all people should know that. It's time to move on and get over it.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
One good, not great, season does not make a career. I think we of all people should know that. It's time to move on and get over it.

Before this year, Hillis had averaged 4.6 YPC in his career. Above-average performance. Backs that do that don't grow on trees.

Dudeskey
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Sure would make a difference when Cassel has all day to throw the ball and converts on third and long. Improved field position wouldn't have hurt our pathetic showing today.

The defense did their part & held KC to 10 points. The offensive play calling hurt the team. When Moreno's running @ 7ypc, I'm surprised 5- 10 more running plays weren't dialed up. This offense ran the ball very well today, but kept going back to wasn't working. Time of possession didn't help either... Den: 22:46; KC: 37:14

extralife
12-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Pittsburgh replaces pass rushers all the time. The Jets have lost four defensive starters to season ending injuries over the course of the season.

These teams are both in the top five, defensively. No excuses.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM
The defense did their part & held KC to 10 points. The offensive play calling hurt the team. When Moreno's running @ 7ypc, I'm surprised 5- 10 more running plays weren't dialed up. This offense ran the ball very well today, but kept going back to wasn't working. Time of possession didn't help either... Den: 22:46; KC: 37:14

Doesn't change the fact that Dumerville and his abilities would have made a massive difference in the game in just our field position alone. Don't know if the offense would have done anything with it but the idea that having Dumerville wouldn't have changed anything is completely false.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Pittsburgh replaces pass rushers all the time. The Jets have lost four defensive starters to season ending injuries over the course of the season.

These teams are both in the top five, defensively. No excuses.

Our defense as a whole would improve just by playing the backups on those teams. Plenty of excuses. We suck. We have little talent and no depth. There's your excuse. Our defense as a whole would improve just by playing the backups on those teams.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Before this year, Hillis had averaged 4.6 YPC in his career. Above-average performance. Backs that do that don't grow on trees.

We didn't trade Barry Sanders in his prime. We traded a guy with minimal time on the field and he ****ed up a lot of that time last year. Yeah we didn't get value in return with Quinn. But can we stop the bitching about Hillis. The guy is having one good year. We don't know if he'll replicate it next year. We don't know if he'll stay healthy. Most importantly we don't know if he could have done half of what he's doing with the run blocking we've had for most of the year. It's over. He's gone. Deal with it.

extralife
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
We suck.

yeah that's kind of what I'm saying.

the whole OH MAN WE LOST DOOM ANY TEAM WOULD FINISH 3-13 IF THEY LOST A GOOD PLAYER stuff is garbage. it's defeatist. I'm sick of ****ty Broncos teams

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM

the whole OH MAN WE LOST DOOM ANY TEAM WOULD FINISH 3-13 IF THEY LOST A GOOD PLAYER stuff is garbage. it's defeatist. I'm sick of ****ty Broncos teams

It's not defeatist. It's the way things are when you lose your best player(s). The Steelers lost a couple guys last year and barely made it above .500 after coming off a Super Bowl win. They get them back this year and they're kicking ass. It's even worse because we don't have as many good players.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
We traded a guy with minimal time on the field and he ****ed up a lot of that time last year.

Now you're making stuff up. Hillis had 13 carries last year and 0 fumbles. He didn't get a chance to **** up.

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM

I am more upset than rather than trust the guys behind Doom the coaching staff panicked and came up with goofy 4-3 alignments that they didn't practice in TC. If a guy goes down then the next guy should be ready to go.

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM

BTW I have been meaning to ask you What if we got 2008 Dumervil this year and not 2009 Elvis? Would he still have won us all those theoretical games with 5 sacks and 17 tackles?

phibacka31
12-05-2010, 04:24 PM
False... He did have a fumble, I know reading comprehension is over rated...
He also has 5 this year... but who's counting...

24champ
12-05-2010, 04:25 PM
You're not getting the point. Hillis was a resource. Denver could have use that resource to acquire an impact pass rusher who could have helped the defense this year, but no, they just had to have a 3rd quarterback who won't see the field.

Hillis alone wasn't going to net us a pass rusher.

Hillis trade value wasn't that high, get over yourself man.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 04:26 PM
BTW I have been meaning to ask you What if we got 2008 Dumervil this year and not 2009 Elvis? Would he still have won us all those theoretical games with 5 sacks and 17 tackles?

It's an excuse by Mcd lovers..

phibacka31
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
and if you think Hillis was a "resource" that was highly thought of you are clinically insane... Don't act like Dalls woulda given us Ware straight up for Hillis. Get over him. It would be great to have him, but at the time Hillis had little to no trade value.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Hillis alone wasn't going to net us a pass rusher.

Hillis trade value wasn't that high, get over yourself man.

Hillis and a sixth might have landed Wimbley.

The Browns traded Wimbley to the Raiders for a mid-round pick that same day.

24champ
12-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Hillis and a sixth might have landed Wimbley.

The Browns traded Wimbley to the Raiders for a mid-round pick that same day.

Not enough, we didn't have a third rounder at the time and that's what the Browns wanted in trade value. They got it from Oakland.

Like I said, we overrate Hillis on here and think he is worth a third rounder or higher at that time. We weren't going to get a legitimate pass rusher for Hillis. We got Quinn, which gave us options at the QB position.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Well, at least we will not have threads saying that we still have a chance to reach playoffs..

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Now you're making stuff up. Hillis had 13 carries last year and 0 fumbles. He didn't get a chance to **** up.

He didn't get the short yardage. He didn't pick up blocks. And you are definately forgetting a fumble or two.

Oh yeah. Nice classy rep by the way.

"**** you and your family. I hope they burn."

Keep up the good fight hoss. Real nice.

Champagne Powder
12-05-2010, 05:31 PM
And you are definately forgetting a fumble or two.

What is it? You don't even know. That's how clueless you are. You are making **** up again.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 05:34 PM
What is it? You don't even know. That's how clueless you are. You are making **** up again.

Fumbled the opening kickoff in one game for starters and he's coughed it up four or five times for the Browns.

db56
12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
I didnt have a problem with trading Hillis, although I've got family from Arkansas who are die hard Razorback fans that told me wait to you see this guy in action and were calling Hillis the "steal" in the draft.

But, McD and company should have got something that would help the team now, instead, they aquired a gay, career back up crotch grabber in Quinn that will never help this team.

WakeUpCall
12-05-2010, 05:55 PM
I was at the game, and I thought it was actually a pretty darn good game. Not as much jawing and trash-talking as I'd of thought (but that might have been because one play could have changed the game), but overall, for a Chiefs/Bronkos game, it was pretty good. I could have done without the hug though!

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I was at the game, and I thought it was actually a pretty darn good game. Not as much jawing and trash-talking as I'd of thought (but that might have been because one play could have changed the game), but overall, for a Chiefs/Bronkos game, it was pretty good. I could have done without the hug though!

We were one CiDtL away from winning today, that or a nice 4 min drive on the ground at the end.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 05:59 PM

Are you going to bring back Slowick and his ten yard cushions too? The best pass rushers in NFL history couldn't get a sack with that defense.

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Are you going to bring back Slowick and his ten yard cushions too? The best pass rushers in NFL history couldn't get a sack with that defense.

Today they showed that Denver was like 30th in passing D and 20th in rushing D (or visa versa) and ranked 27th combined, can't get much worse than that.

Broncos4tw
12-05-2010, 07:39 PM
Why even bring the defense up? Am I missing something here? They scored TEN POINTS.. at HOME! In a game they really needed to win! Defense was fine. We did get a couple key sacks, and we held a prolific offense to 10 points. Honestly.. shut up about the D.

This was a failure on the part of our offense, that's it. And while sure, our defense could have gotten the O off the field quicker, it hardly helped we had so many 3 and outs.

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Why even bring the defense up? Am I missing something here? They scored TEN POINTS.. at HOME! In a game they really needed to win! Defense was fine. We did get a couple key sacks, and we held a prolific offense to 10 points. Honestly.. shut up about the D.

This was a failure on the part of our offense, that's it. And while sure, our defense could have gotten the O off the field quicker, it hardly helped we had so many 3 and outs.

Our RB had 160 yards rushing so it wasn't the run game's fault.

Gutless Drunk
12-05-2010, 07:45 PM
Today they showed that Denver was like 30th in passing D and 20th in rushing D (or visa versa) and ranked 27th combined, can't get much worse than that.

No... you can't get much worse than this:

2010 Scoring Defense
#32 Denver 4187 380.6 2629 239.0 1558 141.6 323 29.4

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 07:48 PM
No... you can't get much worse than this:

2010 Scoring Defense
#32 Denver 4187 380.6 2629 239.0 1558 141.6 323 29.4

Maybe Slowic wasn't as bad as we thought?

LOL

Gutless Drunk
12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe Slowic wasn't as bad as we thought?

LOL

Well after today we can get worse:

29 Buffalo Bills 12 27.8
29 Denver Broncos 12 27.8
31 Dallas Cowboys 12 28
32 Arizona Cardinals 12 28.2

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Well after today we can get worse:

29 Buffalo Bills 12 27.8
29 Denver Broncos 12 27.8
31 Dallas Cowboys 12 28
32 Arizona Cardinals 12 28.2

I think we start seeing more of that agressive D that Wink was bringing in from the Ohio HS system any game now...

LOL

Spider
12-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Maybe McDumbass trashed the season cause his mother didnt sign the permission slip for the field trip to the playoffs ........ Hell I dont know for sure

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 08:17 PM
Maybe McDumbass trashed the season cause his mother didnt sign the permission slip for the field trip to the playoffs ........ Hell I dont know for sure

His dad was there today, maybe he can help him with his homework this week and they can get a win vs a hapless AZ team busting out an old school Ohio High School Ass woopin'!

BTW it is offical I am bitter that our staff is full of Ohio HS legends and not NFL legends or even career NFL guys...

AlphaOmega
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TheProfessor
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
His dad was there today, maybe he can help him with his homework this week and they can get a win vs a hapless AZ team busting out an old school Ohio High School Ass woopin'!

BTW it is offical I am bitter that our staff is full of Ohio HS legends and not NFL legends or even career NFL guys...

I thought I saw that. Did they say why he was there?

Popps
12-05-2010, 09:10 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That too WAY too long.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 09:14 PM

Slowick was worse than that. The rankings can only get so bad. But watching it on TV can be infinitely more miserable.

I wanted to cry when Shanahan said he'd be back as the DC.

strafen
12-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Pass rush makes little difference when you're only down by 4 against a running team that happens to be (wait for it).... running the ball!It's not like we needed to stop Matt Cassel.
Our QB once again failed to produce a win while under control...