PDA

View Full Version : As of now...

cmhargrove
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
We have the #5 pick in the draft...

Can't wait until April...

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 02:45 PM
That's all? #5? Damn. I thought we were doing much better than that. At the rate were going, we'll have to use it on a QB. I wonder how many of these underclassmen won't come out because of the CBA?

jebures
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
We have the #5 pick in the draft...

Can't wait until April...

midget corner or blocking te, book it

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
There could be some good players coming out but with no CBA this really could be the worst year for us to finally get a top ten draft pick.

SoCalBronco
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
Trade down no matter how high it is. What we need is quantity.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 02:51 PM

I don't agree. We need a difference maker.

eddie mac
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Yup, trade it down for a 2nd rd CB then deal him for a TE with a cow in his name.:giggle:

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 02:54 PM

I disagree. What we need is somebody who can come in on defense and make game changing plays from the line. I don't know if that's Clayborn, or Dareus, or Bowers, or whoever, but we can't just keep collecting quantity. We need an A grade star - a major playmaker on the defensive line that can complement Doom and really shake **** up. We need somebody that scares somebody, not just another body to fill a hole.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
That's all? #5? Damn. I thought we were doing much better than that. At the rate were going, we'll have to use it on a QB. I wonder how many of these underclassmen won't come out because of the CBA?

Not a chance in hell we draft a QB. We have several talented ones on the roster already, and Tebow will get a season to show what he can do. Unless the new negotiations are done for the CBA, no team will be willing to move up to 5 in the draft.

We really need a additional 2nd and a 3rd. Turn that into a additional d-lineman and a pass catching TE, and now we are talking.

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Not a chance in hell we draft a QB. We have several talented ones on the roster already, and Tebow will get a season to show what he can do. Unless the new negotiations are done for the CBA, no team will be willing to move up to 5 in the draft.

We really need a additional 2nd and a 3rd. Turn that into a additional d-lineman and a pass catching TE, and now we are talking.

Maybe Tebow has already shown the staff what he can, and can't, do? How many seasons did Fonz get? Nothing is a given. No chance in hell? What the **** do you know?

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Maybe Tebow has already shown the staff what he can, and can't, do? How many seasons did Fonz get? Nothing is a given. No chance in hell? What the **** do you know?

I would love to have the rights to Luck, and trade him ala Manning/Rivers.

Pony Boy
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Let's hope we have a new GM and HC to deal with the draft. McD with a 5th round pick is like giving a child a loader revolver.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
What the **** do you know?

The fact that he has been extremely effective when he is in.

Seriously. I understand you don't like Tebow. But this team has a surplus of talent at QB right now. Adding more talent to that area is terminally stupid.

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM

I'm as high on Luck as I have been on any QB since Peyaton, but I just can't believe he will come out next year. Stanford just finished the best season in their history. The CBA may cause a lockout. I find it hard to believe that Luck won't go back to take a shot at a championship. I suppose if some NFL team hires Harbaugh that could change. You never know. I would take Luck in a heartbeat. With a QB coach like McDaniels?... damn!

lostknight
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM

Luck will be the top pick in the draft. We might be able to trade down for some team trying to get Locker.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm as high on Luck as I have been on any QB since Peyaton, but I just can't believe he will come out next year. Stanford just finished the best season in their history. The CBA may cause a lockout. I find it hard to believe that Luck won't go back to take a shot at a championship. I suppose if some NFL team hires Harbaugh that could change. You never know. I would take Luck in a heartbeat. With a QB coach like McDaniels?... damn!

Luck will be the number one pick, there is no real reason for him to go back and risk anything. As for Luck with McD, we still won't win but I would have to think his stats would be amazing.

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 03:10 PM
The fact that he has been extremely effective when he is in.

Seriously. I understand you don't like Tebow. But this team has a surplus of talent at QB right now. Adding more talent to that area is terminally stupid.

You missed my point again. Tebow has done well on a few plays that were the same plays he ran under Urban. Period. Why didn't Josh put him in today? At least in the fourth quarter? Why hasn't he broken his way into the lineup? Maybe Josh knows something you don't? To say "No chance in hell" is ridiculous. Nobody on this board knows enough to say that.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Luck will be the top pick in the draft. We might be able to trade down for some team trying to get Locker.

All we have to do is hope that Lions end up with the number one pick and we get the second pick.

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Luck will be the number one pick, there is no real reason for him to go back and risk anything. As for Luck with McD, we still won't win but I would have to think his stats would be amazing.

I'm not so sure. He's a different kind of guy. He doesn't get caught up into all the bull****, and he's very team oriented and loves Stanford. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if he announces he's staying.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:13 PM
All we have to do is hope that Lions end up with the number one pick and we get the second pick.

The Bills and Panthers will both finish worse than us in all likelihood. Possibly even the Cardinals. Even with Clausen I think even the Panthers would consider it.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:18 PM
The Bills and Panthers will both finish worse than us in all likelihood. Possibly even the Cardinals. Even with Clausen I think even the Panthers would consider it.

Really I'm only worried about the Bills. We have a head to head with the Cards so that will go a long way to solving things. I don't see the Panthers giving up on Clausen yet, but who knows what the new coach will do.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm not so sure. He's a different kind of guy. He doesn't get caught up into all the bull****, and he's very team oriented and loves Stanford. I'm just saying I won't be surprised if he announces he's staying.
Anything is possible. Right now he is projected as the top pick but that depends on what team has that pick. No way do the Lions go QB if they finish with a worst record then the Panthers. I also think that its a toss up for the Panthers to draft him as well.

spdirty
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Ive heard a lot of people compare Luck to Peyton. If he is anywhere near Peytons league, if you aren't willing to swallow a 3-13 pill for him, then **** you. That makes you a crappy fan with no foresight. Meanwhile, Carolina is up 14-0 on Seattle :), Dallas is whuppin up on Indy :), and Zona is playing the Rams tough:).

Go Broncos!

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I think the Bengals would draft Luck in a heart beat too so I have to add them in there. It sucks they found a way to loss today.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:27 PM
The Bills have Cleveland, Miami, New England, and New York (Jets) left on their schedule. Even if we lose out and they win one of those they still get a higher spot based on strength of schedule I'm sure. I don't see anyway they win another two.

SoCalBronco
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I disagree. What we need is somebody who can come in on defense and make game changing plays from the line. I don't know if that's Clayborn, or Dareus, or Bowers, or whoever, but we can't just keep collecting quantity. We need an A grade star - a major playmaker on the defensive line that can complement Doom and really shake **** up. We need somebody that scares somebody, not just another body to fill a hole.

Again...we've NEVER gone with the "just keep collecting quantity" strategy that I've wanted. We never committed to it and the only reason we got some the last few years was constantly trading away and leveraging future picks. We never did it the right way.

Here is the problem with your theory. It assumes that the Top 5 or Top 10 pick gives us a much better chance at getting an "impact player", but it doesn't. Impact players can be found in every round, its just a matter of scouting, or in the alternative, having more oppurtunities to hit than other teams. I simply do NOT trust the organization's decision making abilities to roll the dice all on one selection. I'd rather have more to throw at the wall because I KNOW they will royally **** up at least a few times. At this point, we need alot more than 1 really good player. We need to get about 5 or 6 good players. There's needs all over the place. Yes, Dareus will be helpful at one DE spot, but so what? You still have no future at safety, a limited future at CB, no NT etc. Dareus doesn't get us from 4-12 or whatever to 10-6. Adding a good NT, a good DE, a good young safety, another good young corner (if champ goes) and another pass rushing OLB is simply more important than hoping we can hit on a single great DE or whatever at # 5.

JMO.

oubronco
12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't agree. We need a difference maker.

We need alot of difference makers

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM

Locker will be lucky to go top 20. The guy has been exposed as the so-so, physically talented player that he always was that can't win (admittedly on a bad team).

Mallet is a much more likely candidate. Hell maybe even Cam Newton, he might be one of the few underclassmen that declares for this upcoming draft.

SoDak Bronco
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Give me Defense and lots of it.

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 03:35 PM

Why not? They wouldn't have to sign those picks until after the CBA gets figured out and it is all but guaranteed that there will be a rookie wage scale in the new one. That's one of the few points that veteran players and owners can agree on.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 03:36 PM
You missed my point again. Tebow has done well on a few plays that were the same plays he ran under Urban. Period. Why didn't Josh put him in today? At least in the fourth quarter? Why hasn't he broken his way into the lineup? Maybe Josh knows something you don't? To say "No chance in hell" is ridiculous. Nobody on this board knows enough to say that.

Are you really attacking me with a "appeal to authority" tactic... when that authority you are trying to say something (that he has never said) is Josh McDaniels?

Look at the insanity of your position for a moment. Then get back to me.
(Your assertion is not true, btw, the Swamp packages where UofF staples, but the Jumbo packages were not).

lostknight
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Locker will be lucky to go top 20. The guy has been exposed as the so-so, physically talented player that he always was that can't win (admittedly on a bad team).

Mallet is a much more likely candidate. Hell maybe even Cam Newton, he might be one of the few underclassmen that declares for this upcoming draft.

Cam will probably be grabbed in the same neighborhood as Tebow was this year. Quite possibly by New England. Mallet may go number two overall.

The Vikings, Carolina, Arizona are the biggest teams in need of a QB right now. As a side note, I think there is a non-trivial chance that there will be weeping and nashing of teeth by whoever wins the Denver-Arizona game.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Why not? They wouldn't have to sign those picks until after the CBA gets figured out and it is all but guaranteed that there will be a rookie wage scale in the new one. That's one of the few points that veteran players and owners can agree on.

Because juniors can back out of the draft if it goes into work-shortage.

Rohirrim
Are you really attacking me with a "appeal to authority" tactic... when that authority you are trying to say something (that he has never said) is Josh McDaniels?

Look at the insanity of your position for a moment. Then get back to me.
(Your assertion is not true, btw, the Swamp packages where UofF staples, but the Jumbo packages were not).

No. What I'm really saying is you don't know, so when you say you do, you sound like a fool.

Here's what I said: At the rate were going, we'll have to use it on a QB.

Here's what you said: Not a chance in hell we draft a QB.

See? Fool.

lostknight

This. They have my permission to draft a pass-catching TE as well, but otherwise all D, all the time.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:40 PM

If they don't hire an agent.

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 03:43 PM

Is the senior class really so bad that even the top 5 players wouldn't be worth getting? I'm not saying that we could get fair value according to the Jimmy Johnson draft value chart, but I don't see why we wouldn't be able to wheel and deal like last year.

I also think that Newton could go as high as Vince Young. They are essentially the same player and someone might be willing to take the risk on how stupid he is based on the talent that he has.

oubronco
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM

Hell to the YES!!!! and I wouldn't mind that huge road grader center on Wisconsin as well

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Hell to the YES!!!! and I wouldn't mind that huge road grader center on Wisconsin as well

What would we do with Walton? He's starting to come around and he wasn't some scrub to begin with.

Rohirrim
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Again...we've NEVER gone with the "just keep collecting quantity" strategy that I've wanted. We never committed to it and the only reason we got some the last few years was constantly trading away and leveraging future picks. We never did it the right way.

Here is the problem with your theory. It assumes that the Top 5 or Top 10 pick gives us a much better chance at getting an "impact player", but it doesn't. Impact players can be found in every round, its just a matter of scouting, or in the alternative, having more oppurtunities to hit than other teams. I simply do NOT trust the organization's decision making abilities to roll the dice all on one selection. I'd rather have more to throw at the wall because I KNOW they will royally **** up at least a few times. At this point, we need alot more than 1 really good player. We need to get about 5 or 6 good players. There's needs all over the place. Yes, Dareus will be helpful at one DE spot, but so what? You still have no future at safety, a limited future at CB, no NT etc. Dareus doesn't get us from 4-12 or whatever to 10-6. Adding a good NT, a good DE, a good young safety, another good young corner (if champ goes) and another pass rushing OLB is simply more important than hoping we can hit on a single great DE or whatever at # 5.

JMO.

On the other hand, how many wins would a guy like Suh be good for per year? I realize there are no Suhs in this draft (there rarely are), but when you get in the upper reaches of the draft, you should take the best available. I believe your strategy is a good one for teams that are already at some reasonable standard of quality and need to maintain it, but when your team is drafting in the top 5, there's a message there. You need to get somebody who can make a difference. Quick.

bendog
12-05-2010, 03:52 PM

JMO.

But this draft is one of the alltime worst, if not worst, Sr classes (charley casserly) and there won't be underclassmen coming out. On the espn board the TOP SIX ARE UNDERCLASSMEN. So, this is one time you dont' trade down, and you take best athlete available, but the good news is that of the top 6 srs, 5 play defense.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft?topId=4841644