PDA

View Full Version : BENCH orton

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
It needs to be done, he deserves it. there is no way on gods green earth that tebow could do any freaking worse than ortons sorry ass. im sick of watching footballs that hit the ground as much as ortons immobile behind.

Do it Josh, its the only thing that will save your ass

jebures
12-05-2010, 02:29 PM
It needs to be done, he deserves it. there is no way on gods green earth that tebow could do any freaking worse than ortons sorry ass. im sick of watching footballs that hit the ground as much as ortons immobile behind.

agreed

Popps
12-05-2010, 02:30 PM
I said when Orton had a bad game, this would happen.

He had a bad game... here we are.

That said, with this few games left... I can't see the harm in working Tebow into the line-up more. I don't know about starting, but I'd like to see more of him.

Another thing people just aren't considering is... maybe he's not ready..

Homer Simpson
12-05-2010, 02:31 PM
It's hard to argue. We play the worst team in the league next week, why not now?

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Very true. If Josh wants to keep his job (if that's even possible at this point), he will need to play Tebow and Tebow will have to play at least decently.

Homer Simpson
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM

That said, with this few games left... I can't see the harm in working Tebow into the line-up more. I don't know about starting, but I'd like to see more of him.

We are 3 and 9 Popps, it could be Clausen or McCoy, who knows until he's on the field in a real game?

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM

It's not even necessarily about that. It's more about the fact that to put up with the piss poor playcalling from this game and the overall record (ie., give McDaniels another year), McDaniels will need to prove that he has developed Tebow into a legitimate NFL QB or at least made some major progress in that direction.

If he hasn't made some major progress with one of the best college QBs of all time, why keep McDaniels around? Developing QBs seems to be his best quality as an offensive coach.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM

Popps i hear ya and i agree with ya 99% of the time, but seriously orton cannot get it done, our defense played lights out. When we need him the most, the balls are being thrown into the dirt. and again 3rd down throw it deep or short to eddie royal, he unable to check it down or find the hot route

How many times did you guys see moreno open on the flat? orton was to busy staring down his reciever and standing thier like the statue of liberty.

Every good team needs a QB who can make plays, orton just makes me wanna punch him in the face

BossChief
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
haha

you guys are so predictable.

Orton is a good quarterback and is light years ahead of ANYONE ELSE you guys have.

If you think Tebow would play better, you are delusional.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
those boot leg play actions that are working with kyle concrete boots orton will work with tebow which will open up the run game and deep passes etc etc.

how many times has thier been running room for the qb, i counted a gazillion. orton is happy throwing into double freakin covergae on 1st down

he has no ability to check it down, and if he does its on 3rd and 18 , give me a break

Kid A
12-05-2010, 02:37 PM

It's a tough thing. Coaches are wired to put in the player that gives you the best chance to win that game, and despite his performance today, Orton is still probably that guy (by a wide margin) against Arizona. In terms of the long term, though, and showing some hope for the future, McD might consider the move.

DBroncos4life
haha

Orton is a god quarterback and is light years ahead of ANYONE ELSE you guys have.

Yeah because benching Orton and playing Tebow would really be a blow to our playoff hopes this year.

KevinJames

hes had more than one bad game please put his garbage time stats aside Orton couldn't make a lot of plays this year when we needed it the most...

BossChief
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Yeah because benching Orton and playing Tebow would really be a blow to our playoff hopes this year.

Tebow is nowhere near NFL ready for anything besides certain packages at this point.

Orton should continue to start and not just lose his job for one bad game.

Put the damn razors down and unlock the bathroom door and tell everyone you are ok...

orangemonkey
12-05-2010, 02:40 PM
hes had more than one bad game please put his garbage time stats aside Orton couldn't make a lot of plays this year when we needed it the most...

The truth. Orton is average to bad in pressure situations. This has been his M.O. since Chicago and it will never change. Smart people don't waste heart beats debating this.

Spider
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM

:rofl:here is another one , a Priest , a Rabi , and a Nun walk into a strip bar

BroncosSR
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
But...but... his mechanics aren't ready and his confidence would be... Anybody else have the rest of the script? I lost mine....

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Orton would probably miss the bench.

DBroncos4life
Tebow is nowhere near NFL ready for anything besides certain packages at this point.

Put the damn razors down and unlock the bathroom door and tell everyone you are ok...
We need game film on him. We need to see if he really has changed his throwing motion.

It's not just because he had a bad game, it's because the season is over and we need to see what we have in our future QB.

BroncosSR
The truth. Orton is average to bad in pressure situations. This has been his M.O. since Chicago and it will never change. Smart people don't waste heart beats debating this.

This.

rbackfactory80
12-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Orton was a stop-gap many here fell in love with. I think we should take a look at Tebow. At the very least it would bring some positive emotion and excitement to a flat-out miserable season.

Soul-Bronco

Which is why tebow is the number 2 and quinn is inactive, so if orton were to go out with injury we would only run goal packages the whole game........

get the Fug outta here quief fan, no one cares about your opinion about our team

Spider
haha

Orton is a good quarterback and is light years ahead of ANYONE ELSE you guys have.

Cut em some slack ........ you Chief fans posted some real stupid shiat ,When your team was as bad as we are now ..... Granted nothing as stupid as benching orton , but you guys did come up with some doozies

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 02:46 PM
spider, did you watch the game? orton sucked beyond belief, during morenos best game ever no doubt......

he cant get it done, better to lose with the future than lose with the one who is gonna be traded anyway

BossChief
Which is why tebow is the number 2 and quinn is inactive, so if orton were to go out with injury we would only run goal packages the whole game........

get the Fug outta here quief fan, no one cares about your opinion about our team

haha

are you kidding or something?

You are pumping him up because Quinn is inactive? Really?

Have you even seen Quinn play football?

Half of you guys could beat him out for the #2 spot.

If Tebow gets to play this year in any real capacity, you will run a gimmick offense.

Mark that down.

rbackfactory80

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better. It's funny people on this board actually want him to be the guy in the future.

Someone will enter here in a few minutes and put his stats up and compare him to Manning and Brady, lol.:rofl:

BossChief
12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Cut em some slack ........ you Chief fans posted some real stupid shiat ,When your team was as bad as we are now ..... Granted nothing as stupid as benching orton , but you guys did come up with some doozies

there are dumb people everywhere

OH NOEZ THE SKY IS FALLING

BroncosSR
12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Bingo. Couldn't have said it better. It's funny people on this board actually want him to be the guy in the future.

Someone will enter here in a few minutes and put his stats up and compare him to Manning and Brady, lol.:rofl:

yep

BossChief
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
spider, did you watch the game? orton sucked beyond belief, during morenos best game ever no doubt......

he cant get it done, better to lose with the future than lose with the one who is gonna be traded anyway

haha

you you think you should bench the guy you want to trade in the offseason?

Nothing like making decisions that will cause you to lose value in the trade market to make it a point to show how unready your gimmick quarterback is.

Cmon man, stop thinking emotionally.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
FTR Orton is what he is, a good quarterback that seems to be getting better and had a bad game agaisnt a team that was ready for what he had today.

Blame this one on your coach, not Orton.

You guys were running the ball very well, but your dumbass coach wanted to make a point that you could throw no matte3r what...thats just dumb.

_Oro_
12-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Orton was a stop-gap many here fell in love with. I think we should take a look at Tebow. At the very least it would bring some positive emotion and excitement to a flat-out miserable season.

This is the point that gets lost on everyone. Orton is not Mcd's QBOTF. He's a throw in to the Cutler deal. McD chose Orton over Jason Campbell and I think that was a good choice. But I don't think McD or Bowlen ever expected Orton to lead us to the promise land.

Pseudofool
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
If Josh believed in Orton, we would have gone for it on the fourth down with two minutes left. End of story.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM
This is the point that gets lost on everyone. Orton is not Mcd's QBOTF. He's a throw in to the Cutler deal. McD chose Orton over Jason Campbell and I think that was a good choice. But I don't think McD or Bowlen ever expected Orton to lead us to the promise land.

I'm sure last in the AFC West wasn't on his mind either.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
what other teams decline penalties giving us 3rd and 8 instead of 2nd and 20, name it? none, the defense knew orton couldnt convert a 3rd down to save his life

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
FTR Orton is what he is, a good quarterback that seems to be getting better and had a bad game agaisnt a team that was ready for what he had today.

Blame this one on your coach, not Orton.

You guys were running the ball very well, but your dumbass coach wanted to make a point that you could throw no matte3r what...thats just dumb.

yea blame it on the coach, hes the one throwing it into double coverage, audibling out of run plays and throwing balls in the dirt........

dsmoot
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM

What are your data points that he is not NFL ready. You have none other than an opinion, yours must be in demand. Good luck to your Chiefs going forward.

Rigs11
12-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Orton did play like crap today.Season is over, lets see what tebow can do. oh and fire McD!!

HAT
12-05-2010, 03:11 PM
our defense played lights out.

Wait...What?

They gave up a low point total but if you watched the game it was far from lights out.

BroncosSR
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM

This makes no sense. As a new coach, you don't have that luxury of grooming a 1st round QB with a 3-9 team. The coach has no future then.

fontaine
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Anyone who thinks a rookie QB who only months ago was retooling his throwing mechanics is going to outplay Orton is more stupid than drunk.

Here's a thought. If Orton sucks so much then why hasn't Tebow WON the starting position from him?

baja
12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
haha

Sad the voice of reason comes from a Chiefs fan

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
What are your data points that he is not NFL ready. You have none other than an opinion, yours must be in demand. Good luck to your Chiefs going forward.

Your HC is a terrible HC, but one thing nobody can take from him is that he knows quarterbacks and at what points has Tebow played in games? Thats because that is where he is at this point.

Truth be told, I think he can make Tebow into a good quarterback but by the time that happens the rest of the team would be almost totally destroyed.

He is similar to Haley last year IMO where he is trying to do too much and he needs a couple vet coaches around him and to let them do their jobs.

Pushing Nolan out the door last year was a HUGE mistake.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Wait...What?

They gave up a low point total but if you watched the game it was far from lights out.

Did you watch the game? turn over on downs, fumble recovery, multiple 3- outs the 2nd half? what game did you watch? the defense played awesome

yea they let up the first on that last drive but come on dude, they were out thier the whole game, did you look at the time of possession ?

saying the defense didnt lights out is laughable

Cito Pelon
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm wondering if even the vets will support Orton after that performance, or lack thereof. 3-9 and given that crap performance, if I was on the team I'd be looking to move on to Tebow and see what what can be accompished with Tebow. Orton certainly cemented his lame duck status with that game.

snowspot66
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Did you watch the game? turn over on downs, fumble recovery, multiple 3- outs the 2nd half? what game did you watch? the defense played awesome

yea they let up the first on that last drive but come on dude, they were out thier the whole game, did you look at the time of possession ?

They didn't. They played pretty well at times but that was not a dominating performance. They got a ton of help from the incompetent Chiefs.

_Oro_
This makes no sense. As a new coach, you don't have that luxury of grooming a 1st round QB with a 3-9 team. The coach has no future then.

McD went to Bowlen/Ellis with a plan and that's how he got hired. His plan obviously wasn't I'm going to keep everything intact and just fix the defense. His plan was I'm going to blow this thing up and start over.

If you say well that's a crap plan, then fine. I for one wasn't happy with our 2008 team. Cutler and Marshall, as talented as they are, are not team first players. Our line wasn't getting it done in the redzone and our defense was getting worse and worse.

Yes you can say that we're not any better now, in fact, we're worse as far as
the record is concerned, but I think that if the plan was to blow the whole thing up from the beginning, then you had to expect a season like this.

BossChief
Orton did play like crap today.Season is over, lets see what tebow can do. oh and fire McD!!

I have a uestion for you and others that share that mindset that you should fire Josh McD after this year...

who the **** is gonna develop Tebow if Josh is gone. He is a HUGE project and IMO wasnt a terrible pick if Josh sticks around, but if he is fired the Tebow pick was a wasted first rounder.

I hate to say it, but Josh may well be the only guy that can make Tebow into a legit qb in the NFL.

Having said that, I wonder how much confidence Tebow has in Josh after all the cheating stuff went on...

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM

haha

you are really on fire today arent you...

KC ran for 185 yards on your defense today to go with almost 200 yards passing

"lights out" hhahahahahaha

Even the thought of posting something that foolish should give everyone a good idea of how much weight to place on your posts after a emotional loss.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
McD went to Bowlen/Ellis with a plan and that's how he got hired. His plan obviously wasn't I'm going to keep everything intact and just fix the defense. His plan was I'm going to blow this thing up and start over.

If you say well that's a crap plan, then fine. I for one wasn't happy with our 2008 team. Cutler and Marshall, as talented as they are, are not team first players. Our line wasn't getting it done in the redzone and our defense was getting worse and worse.

Yes you can say that we're not any better now, in fact, we're worse as far as
the record is concerned, but I think that if the plan was to blow the whole thing up from the beginning, then you had to expect a season like this.

quit trying to make yourself believe this stuff.

If you had the pieces back that you guys jettisoned upon letting Shannahan go and had two decent drafts, you would ba a contender.

Now you are a bottom dweller that is lead by a guy that has been fined for being caught cheating.

Quit living in a fantasy world.

Rigs11
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I have a uestion for you and others that share that mindset that you should fire Josh McD after this year...

who the **** is gonna develop Tebow if Josh is gone. He is a HUGE project and IMO wasnt a terrible pick if Josh sticks around, but if he is fired the Tebow pick was a wasted first rounder.

I hate to say it, but Josh may well be the only guy that can make Tebow into a legit qb in the NFL.

Having said that, I wonder how much confidence Tebow has in Josh after all the cheating stuff went on...

I wasnt happy with the tebow pick, im not sure if he can even be a succesful qb. lets put him out there and see what he can do before we decide to keep josh around just so he can develop him.As for josh, i've been a staunch supporter of him until now.him abandoning the run today was the last straw.

dsmoot
12-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Your HC is a terrible HC, but one thing nobody can take from him is that he knows quarterbacks and at what points has Tebow played in games? Thats because that is where he is at this point.

Truth be told, I think he can make Tebow into a good quarterback but by the time that happens the rest of the team would be almost totally destroyed.

He is similar to Haley last year IMO where he is trying to do too much and he needs a couple vet coaches around him and to let them do their jobs.

Pushing Nolan out the door last year was a HUGE mistake.

I keep looking in your words that supported your earlier statement that he is not NFL ready. Nothing there. There are a number of good reasons that he hasn't played. Simply, Kyle Orton gave Denver the best chance to win and still make the playoffs. However, that time officially passed a few weeks back. As John Elway indicated, the bench only gives you so much learning. At some point, you have to be thrown into the fray, in real live games that mean something to someone.

If this team was simply bad all over (it is) and Kyle was still the QB of the future (he is not), then leave Kyle in. It is TIME for Tebow, now.

baja
12-05-2010, 03:33 PM
haha

Even the thought of posting something that foolish should give everyone a good idea of how much weight to place on your posts after a emotional loss.

KC played a poor game today and WON.

The Broncos are a work in progress get used to it.

Broncosfreak_56
12-05-2010, 03:34 PM
I am interested in what Kyles statistics in ONLY the second and third quarter are this season. I am not a Kyle hater, more something I would be interested to see.

Chris
12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
I think you drop Orton's trade value if you bench him. Let him finish the season and then send him off for a 3rd rounder.

This is all based on the thought that Tebow has made significant progress and is ready to start playing net year.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 03:40 PM
haha

How many 3 and outs did we have today? what was the time of posession with moreno rushing for a career day? what do you expect from a banged up defense? the D played amazing for the amount of time KC had the ball. period. if you cant see that then you really dont know football

queifs got most of those yards in the first half anyway, foolish? look in the mirror buddy

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:48 PM
I think you drop Orton's trade value if you bench him. Let him finish the season and then send him off for a 3rd rounder.

This is all based on the thought that Tebow has made significant progress and is ready to start playing net year.

you dont trade Orton unless you really thing the backup can lead you to the promised land.

Especially if you are the coach on the hotseat.

You might make the decision to give Tebow a shot at starting the beginning of the year and keep Orton as the safety net in case Tebow shows he isnt ready.

Most people that know what the **** they are talking about thought Tebow would be a 2 year project and that also how I view it...but he probably deserves a chance at proving otherwise.

Lets say you trade him for a third rounder and start Tebow and he plays like crap and your team losses the first 5 or 6 games.

Where do you turn to at that point?

Starting Tebow right now could surely get him fired if that decision hasnt already been made.

dsmoot
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM

That is the only reason. We let Kyle play it out. I would still put Tebow in for more that wildcat situations when Orton has failed to get us in position to win.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
How many 3 and outs did we have today? what was the time of posession with moreno rushing for a career day? what do you expect from a banged up defense? the D played amazing for the amount of time KC had the ball. period. if you cant see that then you really dont know football

queifs got most of those yards in the first half anyway, foolish? look in the mirror buddy

Our defense played lights out in a day where th3 opposing offense had 185 yards rushing and another 200 passing.

If the roles were reversed on this one, how would I look saying that?

Like a damn fool, right?

right

lostknight
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Well see. Josh has been so irrational about his decisions, that it's really hard to see what he will do here.

HAT
12-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Lets say you trade him for a third rounder and start Tebow and he plays like crap and your team losses the first 5 or 6 games.

Where do you turn to at that point?

Duh....Quinn.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
If Orton was a guy thats like 33 or 34, you make the switch right now...but he is only 28 and is the NFLs leading passer.

I cant believe you guys actually think this would be the right move.

HAT
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Our defense played lights out in a day where th3 opposing offense had 185 yards rushing and another 200 passing.

Like a damn fool, right?

right

Right. Denver's D played above average (for them)....But "lights out" is a joke.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Duh....Quinn.

haha

and then when you lose the next 5 or 6 games?

Tebow right now > Brady Quinn

bowtown
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM
If we have even the slightest thought about trading Orton in the offseason, we should absolutely NOT be playing Tebow more.

_Oro_

Like a damn fool, right?

right

Did you even watch the game? Our offense lost us this game (plus a little help from the refs). If you watch the game then this is completely clear. Our D was able to get stop after stop after and our offense couldn't do squat with it.

HAT
If Orton was a guy thats like 33 or 34, you make the switch right now...but he is only 28 and is the NFLs leading passer.

I cant believe you guys actually think this would be the right move.

As always, it depends on the value. You won't find a bigger Orton fan than me on this board but I'm all for it for a mid 2nd rounder.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Right. Denver's D played above average (for them)....But "lights out" is a joke.

and thats what it is.

If you are stranded at sea for 3 or 4 days and you find some ritz crackers, you might think they are as good as a well cooked porterhouse steak....when the truth is that they were just some pretty good crackers.

HAT
12-05-2010, 03:58 PM
haha

and then when you lose the next 5 or 6 games?

Tebow right now > Brady Quinn

And what was your opinion of Orton as a Bear? ??? That's what I thought.

I can't stand Quinn b/c I'm a Notre Dame hater but the book is far from closed on him.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 04:01 PM

Like a damn fool, right?

right

your an idiot, you just say the same thing and have no answer for what im saying.

KC got most of thier yards in the 1st half, we had a horrible time of possesion and multiple 3 and outs on offense. that would lead to KC having alot of chances to get yards. inturn you get 185 on the ground and 200 passing

Saying the defense that only gave up 10 points OUR SEASON LOW, played bad makes you look like a dumbass right?

right

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Did you even watch the game? Our offense lost us this game (plus a little help from the refs). If you watch the game then this is completely clear. Our D was able to get stop after stop after and our offense couldn't do squat with it.

Did you watch the game? haha We averaged almost 5 yards per carry rushing and converted 42% of our third downs...if we averaged that through the year we would be one of th better teams in that category.

Your play calling lost you this game...you averaged 7 yards per carry and when you were down 4 points late in the third quarter, you abandoned the run and called like 7 or 8 straight pass plays.

If you watched the game, you may want to put your contacts in for the rest of the games, cause if you think your defense played "lights out" you have some kind of vision issue of your football comprehension is poor.

thanks for playing.

Mr
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
At this point I dont think Tebow is even CLOSE to being ready to start.
Wouldnt there be a bit of an added threat if he was taking snaps on place kicks?
Am I wrong?

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
And what was your opinion of Orton as a Bear? ??? That's what I thought.

I can't stand Quinn b/c I'm a Notre Dame hater but the book is far from closed on him.

use the boards search function with my username and orton as the keyword.

I have called Orton exactly what he is since the day he was traded.

There is a gold thread from right after you guys were 6-0 last year where I called what would happen from that point forward...like it or not, I was right.

I like Orton, Im a big ten guy and have seen him play plenty since well before he came into the NFL.

I had some pretty big debates about the player with your board guru last year when he was comparing him in many ways to Brady and Manning...some of you (not pointing the finger at anyone specific) cant handle the ups and downs and get too emotional after wins and losses.

Try to remain objective a little more, guys.

HAT
12-05-2010, 04:13 PM
use the boards search function with my username and orton as the keyword.

I have called Orton exactly what he is since the day he was traded.

There is a gold thread from right after you guys were 6-0 last year where I called what would happen from that point forward...like it or not, I was right.

I like Orton, Im a big ten guy and have seen him play plenty since well before he came into the NFL.

I had some pretty big debates about the player with your board guru last year when he was comparing him in many ways to Brady and Manning...some of you (not pointing the finger at anyone specific) cant handle the ups and downs and get too emotional after wins and losses.

Try to remain objective a little more, guys.

And this leads you to think Quinn's career is finished, how?

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:13 PM
your an idiot, you just say the same thing and have no answer for what im saying.

KC got most of thier yards in the 1st half, we had a horrible time of possesion and multiple 3 and outs on offense. that would lead to KC having alot of chances to get yards. inturn you get 185 on the ground and 200 passing

Saying the defense that only gave up 10 points OUR SEASON LOW, played bad makes you look like a dumbass right?

right

You're would be the conjunction you were surely looking for. Your an idiot is a statement that makes you look like an even bigger fool that your argument in the first place.

You should learn to read this language if you are gonna engage into debates with me in the future, or else you are gonna get owned again and again and look very foolish in the process.

I didnt say they played bad, YOU SAID I DID...I just stated that YOU saying that YOUR DEFENSE played LIGHTS OUT on a day they gave up 185 on the ground and another 200 in the air is....well

dumb as ****

wanna go further with this?

elsid13
12-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Orton doesn't have trade value. He is another QB that putting up good numbers in McDaniels offense (like Cassell) on one year deal . GMs are not going to trade anything but 4th round or later pick because they know he has no future in Denver.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:17 PM
And this leads you to think Quinn's career is finished, how?

I didn't say that, but if he was better than Tebow he would be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Tebow is a 2 year project and is ahead of Quinn, nuff said.

mr007
12-05-2010, 04:23 PM

That's a legit argument. My problem is that Orton is really limited in his skills - from my perspective he doesn't have what it takes to be a franchise QB so at this point in the season I think it's time to see what Tebow is made of, regardless if he's ready or not. Trade value would be great but we need to find out if Tebow is the future or not. May as well make it now since the season is essentially over.

HAT
12-05-2010, 04:23 PM
Orton doesn't have trade value. He is another QB that putting up good numbers in McDaniels offense (like Cassell) on one year deal . GMs are not going to trade anything but 4th round or later pick because they know he has no future in Denver.

You are arguing with yourself here....Unless you think the 2nd rounder was strictly for Vrabel

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Anyone thinking that the trade value of the leagues leading passer is only a 4th rounder isnt really worth debating topics with.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 04:26 PM
He has a very low wins per yard average...

elsid13
12-05-2010, 04:26 PM
You are arguing with yourself here....Unless you think the 2nd rounder was strictly for Vrabel

Only one team thought Cassel was worth a 2nd rounder, a team run by the former Pats GM. And based on his play the last two seasons do you think he was good QB or a product of McDaniels system?

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Forget the 2nd rounder.

How bout the 66 million dollar contract!?

Cito Pelon
12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
It's irritating BossChief is leading this argument.

24champ
12-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Orton should ride out the season and I am not sure if Tebow is mechanically sound as a QB with less than a year under McDaniels. I hate starting rookie Quarterbacks and there's a lot of reasons I would hesitate to throw Tebow to the wolves. One reason is that there is a risk of having him revert to his bad throwing motion. Secondly is Tebow ready to read defenses and run an offense for a whole game? Third, I think it's a little unfair to toss Tebow into this mess of a season just because Orton had one bad game. Lastly, it would diminish Orton's trade value, and I do think he will be traded. Leaving us with Tebow and Quinn and a project QB or Brandstater would come back as the third QB for 2011.

That being said, if there was a time to make a Quarterback switch this season, I would have Tebow starting against a crappy Cardinals team next week. Other than that, Orton plays out the season.

HAT
12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
I didn't say that, but if he was better than Tebow he would be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Tebow is a 2 year project and is ahead of Quinn, nuff said.

lolwut?

Tebow is generally listed as #2 so Denver can use him on the goal line...Simple as that.

Back to the original point....You asked what happens if Tebow starts and fails. The answer is Quinn. A lot of people around here will tell you that Denver got nothing in return for Hillis. I say they're wrong. What Denver got in return is options.

I have no problem trading Orton. I'd take Tebow/Quinn over many current QB tandems.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:32 PM
He has a very low wins per yard average...

the coach an idiot and your line has had a lot of injuries. Even when your running game is beating a division leader down, your coach calls a stretch of passing plays when your passing game is currently getting pretty much shut down.

You dont sustain drives or keep defenses honest by passing 60% of the time.

I dont understand what Josh in thinking at times, its like he spent a high first rounder on Moreno and doesnt even care to have him help the team win games like this one.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 04:33 PM
He won't play Teboz because even he knows he isn't ready.

Playing Quinn will lead to people burning piles of garbage outside the Dove Valley facility.

HAT
12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Only one team thought Cassel was worth a 2nd rounder, a team run by the former Pats GM. And based on his play the last two seasons do you think he was good QB or a product of McDaniels system?

That's all it takes. Orton will be a Cardinal next year if Denver decides to move him. And it will be for more than a 4th.

lostknight
12-05-2010, 04:37 PM
lolwut?

Tebow is generally listed as #2 so Denver can use him on the goal line...Simple as that.

Try again. McDaniels explicitly stated that if Orton went down, Tebow would start.

I have no problem trading Orton. I'd take Tebow/Quinn over many current QB tandems.

I'm still on the fence. I think Tebow has a infinitely higher ceiling then Orton, but it will take time to develop that.

_Oro_
12-05-2010, 04:38 PM

How so? All he does is keep regurgitating the offensive stats of the Chiefs. Sorry but the stats don't tell the whole story for this game. While the Chiefs were able to produce on offense, it was not their offense that won the game.

I don't even know why he's insisting on this point, other than to troll. It's not
anything new to Bronco fans that our defense sucks. But tonight they actually did their job and our offense lost the game. To sit back and try and pin
this one on the defense is retarded.

lostknight
That's all it takes. Orton will be a Cardinal next year if Denver decides to move him. And it will be for more than a 4th.

Or a Viking. He might be a much better fit there.

BossChief
lolwut?

Back to the original point....You asked what happens if Tebow starts and fails. The answer is Quinn. A lot of people around here will tell you that Denver got nothing in return for Hillis. I say they're wrong. What Denver got in return is options.

Quinn is garbage. My best friend is a Browns fan and I saw about every game he played there.

G_A_R_B_A_G_E_

Not saying he will always be garbage, but right now he is a shellshocked guy with no accuracy, field awareness, mental toughness or any of the other things you want your team to be lead by.

Id literally rather have brandstater on the field if I were you.

24champ

Or a Viking, 49er, Titan (if they dump Vince Young). There's a few teams out there that would be interested in Orton.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:39 PM

haha

It happened last year in about every debate I got into here as well, sometimes its easier to see things from the outside in without the emotional investment.

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 04:42 PM
We need game film on him. We need to see if he really has changed his throwing motion.

It's not just because he had a bad game, it's because the season is over and we need to see what we have in our future QB.
You shouldnt expect much differance in hos throwing motion if you paid any attention to what mcd has said.

HAT
12-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Or a Viking, 49er, Titan (if they dump Vince Young). There's a few teams out there that would be interested in Orton.

The reason I say Cards is that the other teams you listed will be in the market to draft their QBOTF.

Cards have Hall & Skelton to develop and may be gun shy about using a day 1 pick on QB (Leinart)

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:45 PM

good post

there are a few other places he would fit in well too

Cincy - I think after this year they would be looking for a guy just like Orton
Arizona - He could help that team flourish
Seattle - Hasselback is giving them reasons to make a move like this one every year

If Orton were to be on the block, more than just a team or two would come calling and I bet he would go for a 2nd or a very early third rounder.

HAT
12-05-2010, 04:46 PM
How so? All he does is keep regurgitating the offensive stats of the Chiefs. Sorry but the stats don't tell the whole story for this game. While the Chiefs were able to produce on offense, it was not their offense that won the game.

I don't even know why he's insisting on this point, other than to troll. It's not
anything new to Bronco fans that our defense sucks. But tonight they actually did their job and our offense lost the game. To sit back and try and pin

You're missing the point Oro....Nobody is saying that Denver's D wasn't good today. They were.

But they were far from "lights out"

_Oro_
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
You're missing the point Oro....Nobody is saying that Denver's D wasn't good today. They were.

But they were far from "lights out"

Who gives a sh*t about "lights out" or not?

The point is that the D did their part, special teams was good, running game was good, wide receivers caught passes that were close by. The only thing lacking from our team today was QB play.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 04:55 PM

What the **** are you talking about?

I have said on multiple occasions that this loos falls directly on the lap of your offensive play calling and have never said it falls on your defense.

I DID say that stating your defense played "lights out" was totally foolish and borderline retarded.

But, yeah, keep up with reading something as what you want it to say so that you can pat yourself on the back and think your defense played lights out and that you should have won this game.

you know, whateva

BossChief
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM

The point is that the D did their part, special teams was good, running game was good, wide receivers caught passes that were close by. The only thing lacking from our team today was QB play.

you are a classic case of a guy arguing the poster instead of the post.

If my username didn't have the word Chiefs in it, you would be agreeing with the points I'm making.

If you guys had a competent coach today, you would have went for around 250 on the ground and would have won a close game.

simple as that.

HAT
12-05-2010, 05:00 PM

I take it you haven't read the post #8? :thumbs:

Jetmeck
12-05-2010, 05:03 PM

STFU and fix your own team. You almost lost again to one of the worst teams in the NFL . You have no passing attack and as shown today only one decent receiver and a good cb can shut him down. A team with a decent DL with slow your run game and a team with half a brain will stack the box and shut down your little scat back corps.

THE CHIEFS ARE LIGHT YEARS FROM A PLAYOFF WIN. YOUR ADVICE IS UNWANTED..........................

SonOfLe-loLang
12-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Its time for Tebow to get a shot and AZ is probably the perfect team to do it against. I dont get this call to give him a few drives though, he should get an entire game. I dont understand the harm. At all.

Spider
12-05-2010, 05:06 PM

:rofl: yeah ok .........

BroncoInferno
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Its time for Tebow to get a shot and AZ is probably the perfect team to do it against. I dont get this call to give him a few drives though, he should get an entire game. I dont understand the harm. At all.

Now that we are officially elimated from the playoffs, I have to agree. I don't see why we shouldn't start getting Tebow some experience to see what we have with him.

Spider
12-05-2010, 05:12 PM

:giggle: did you even notice the routes against the KC Defense ?
why did we keep running the same things ? was that ortons fault ?
I am sure a bright guy like yourself know that , the reason Orton was throwing into double coverage , was the receivers were not beating the coverage , no separation..... why ?

strafen
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM

Do it Josh, its the only thing that will save your assThat's what I've been saying for a long time.
What you've seen if Orton is it.
That's it, nothing more and nothing less.

You can say Orton is having a great year stats wise and leading the NFL in yards at some point; that doesn't matter.
The real issue here with Orton is, that he's not clutch
When you have to win a game within reach, he has failed in more ways than one in a handful of games this year

Spider
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
STFU and fix your own team. You almost lost again to one of the worst teams in the NFL . You have no passing attack and as shown today only one decent receiver and a good cb can shut him down. A team with a decent DL with slow your run game and a team with half a brain will stack the box and shut down your little scat back corps.

THE CHIEFS ARE LIGHT YEARS FROM A PLAYOFF WIN. YOUR ADVICE IS UNWANTED..........................

But he is right .......

Jetmeck
12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
yes it Tebow time next week. We have nothing to lose and we need to know about Tebow now. IS the fact that ORTON sucked ass today really news ?
He sucked in Chicago and McDummy was the person in the free world that thought he was worth trading for .............mean CUT has the opposite record of us. Then he traded for Quinn.

24champ
12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Now that we are officially elimated from the playoffs, I have to agree. I don't see why we shouldn't start getting Tebow some experience to see what we have with him.

Why not wait until next year where it is a clean slate and see what we got in Tebow? In fact, I would rather have Tebow earn the starting QB job in training camp, and not just hand it to him so a few fans can get a look at Tebow.

Jetmeck
12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
:giggle: did you even notice the routes against the KC Defense ?
why did we keep running the same things ? was that ortons fault ?
I am sure a bright guy like yourself know that , the reason Orton was throwing into double coverage , was the receivers were not beating the coverage , no separation..... why ?

BS HE HAS THROWN INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE ALL YEAR AND GOT AWAY WITH IT. He also threw way high, behind and bounced 4-5 off the ground today. He was ****ty today, period.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 05:20 PM

haha

were you actually crying when you typed this post out?

You seem more than a little emotional

strafen
12-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Its time for Tebow to get a shot and AZ is probably the perfect team to do it against. I dont get this call to give him a few drives though, he should get an entire game. I dont understand the harm. At all.I'm pretty strong on that position too.
At what point do you want to find out what we've got in Tebow?
If this is not the time to put him in to gain experience and with less pressure to burden, then I don't know when you think you can throw him in.

Let's get the ball rolling with Tebow, IF he's not the guy, then do what you've gotta do, and draft QB Andrew Luck from Stanford

Andrew Luck highlights (http://www.gostanford.com/andrew-luck/)

HAT
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
Why not wait until next year where it is a clean slate and see what we got in Tebow? In fact, I would rather have Tebow earn the starting QB job in training camp, and not just hand it to him so a few fans can get a look at Tebow.

That's what I'm talking 'bout! :thumbs:

Why give other teams film? Drop his ass on the league like Concrete Cyanide!!!

Spider
12-05-2010, 05:24 PM
BS HE HAS THROWN INTO DOUBLE COVERAGE ALL YEAR AND GOT AWAY WITH IT. He also threw way high, behind and bounced 4-5 off the ground today. He was ****ty today, period.

didnt say he was ****ty , but you know what , save the Bullshiat for your friends , I am not taking it ....... Seriously , 3 weeks ago , and this week we ran zone beating routes against man ,several times , not occasionally repeatedly why? did orton call those plays ? I was all for givin mcDumbass a chance , and I dare you to find a post of mine from the history here bashing anything Broncos , until McDumbass ...... I was one of the Biggest homers here , McDumbass cured that for me ..........

24champ
12-05-2010, 05:37 PM
That's what I'm talking 'bout! :thumbs:

Why give other teams film? Drop his ass on the league like Concrete Cyanide!!!

I don't like using Tebow as a PR stunt to make fans feel good about the rest of the season. I think the correct way is to finish out the season with Orton, he's a capable QB that knows the offensive system well. Granted he played like dog **** today but I don't think the Broncos need to overreact and mess around with the future in a season that has gone haywire.

Training Camp would be the ideal place to get Tebow ready, get some chemistry going with Decker, Thomas, Lloyd etc. People forget that Orton has taken the majority of snaps in practices, while Tebow and Quinn get limited snaps.

HAT
12-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Manning has thrown 11 INT's in the past 3 games (all losses). I wonder if it's time for the Painter era to begin.

RaiderH8r
12-05-2010, 06:09 PM
It's hard to argue. We play the worst team in the league next week, why not now?

I missed the scheduled Intra squad scrimmage. That is a good time for Tebow to get some looks against a soft defense.

fontaine
12-05-2010, 06:11 PM
you are a classic case of a guy arguing the poster instead of the post.

If my username didn't have the word Chiefs in it, you would be agreeing with the points I'm making.

If you guys had a competent coach today, you would have went for around 250 on the ground and would have won a close game.

simple as that.

Pretty much the way I see it too.

KC ran three basic run plays all day (successfully) and Matt Cassell played pretty poorly.

Yet the Chiefs won because when it came to crunch time our HC lost his mind.

ro_50
12-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Manning has thrown 11 INT's in the past 3 games (all losses). I wonder if it's time for the Painter era to begin.

Manning is perhaps one of the top 5 QBs of all-time.

Orton is a solid QB but on a team that is obviously not going anywhere this year and maybe next year, this coaching regime picked a QB in the first round and your team is in last place, then why not just play Tebow.

He's the future (for now at least) and Orton is not.

HAT
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Manning is perhaps one of the top 5 QBs of all-time.

Orton is a solid QB but on a team that is obviously not going anywhere this year and maybe next year, this coaching regime picked a QB in the first round and your team is in last place, then why not just play Tebow.

He's the future (for now at least) and Orton is not.

Dude...I was kidding. I'm all for handing the reigns to Tebow.....Next year.

frerottenextelway
12-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Orton has to go. If we can't trade him at the end of the season, just release him.

broncofan2438
12-12-2010, 06:15 PM

Comparing apples to oranges....that makes sense

_Oro_
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
haha

Orton is a good quarterback and is light years ahead of anyone else you guys have.

If you think tebow would play better, you are delusional.

+1

NUB
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I doubt Tebow is fully ready, but I truly believe he gives us a better chance to win.