PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why....

baja
12-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Did Josh punt.

A little math would have told you they would not get the ball back with enough time to realistically score a touchdown.

Orton knew it did you see his face when we came off the field?

jhat01
12-05-2010, 01:14 PM
If they didnt give up the first down, they would have had time.

Doggcow
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
If they didnt give up the first down, they would have had time.

Not much... And they would have been starting in the same position anyway.

They shoulda just gone for it.

KevinJames
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Why would Josh punt? defense has been playing great in the 2nd half, he expected them to get a stop and Orton has been horrible all game we got for it we fail and he knew it.

The punt was the right call.

24champ
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM
McDaniels should have called time out to draw up a 4th down play.

Pretty much how the whole season has gone, sans the KC game @ home. Can't get all three phases playing well at the same time and it's absolutely killed the Broncos this year.

It was finally nice to see the defense step up and hopefully it carries over to next week versus a crap Cardinals team.

thecool
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM
They did the same thing last week in the same situation and we got the ball back with more than enough time.

No one was bitching then.

jhat01
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
The defense played a helluva game today...The first time they've held an opponent under 20, and of all days, Orton takes a dump today..C'mon man..I was screaming for Tebow after Orton short hopped those two throws.

Orange4Life
12-05-2010, 01:22 PM
We needed a TD. We should of went for it. If you don't get it we use our TO and hold them to a field goal and we are in the exact same situation as if we punted and held them.

Stupid stupid stupid we should of went for it

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 01:23 PM
They did the same thing last week in the same situation and we got the ball back with more than enough time.

No one was b****ing then.

We do have timeouts last week.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Because he is in over his head?

Mogulseeker
12-05-2010, 01:26 PM
The punt was the right call with all the 3-and-outs KC was having.

Rohirrim
Did Josh punt.

A little math would have told you they would not get the ball back with enough time to realistically score a touchdown.

Why depend on Kyle to make a play? He couldn't make a play all day. He looked like ****. The odds were better going with the punt and the defense.

jmz313
Agreed, shoulda went for it and if failed, count on the D. Dont take the ball outta your Offense's hands over 4 yards in that kinda game IMO.

ScottXray
12-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Why depend on Kyle to make a play? He couldn't make a play all day. He looked like ****. The odds were better going with the punt and the defense.

the punt was the right call, with the three and outs that KC had been putting up before then.

Since we still had the 2 minute warning we actually had 4 TO's.
If we had stopped them on the first series of plays we would have gotten the ball back with over a minute, maybe 1:45.

Of course Kc got a first down on the second play.

That made it wrong, not the kick.

Of course the fact that Orton was in a major suck mode made Either choice
a problem. Could he pass for 4 yards for the first down. Questionable.

Could Moreno run for 4 after getting no calls for a couple series. Maybe, maybe not.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 01:33 PM
He'll be a great coach, right?

Keep thinking that.

I'm sure some middle school in Ohio can use his go against the grain philosophy.

It wouldn't have mattered because Orton wasn't going to do anything.

NYBronco
12-05-2010, 01:34 PM
KC game planned our passing game very well today and the fourth and four punt late in the game was a tough call to make.

We played them tough but there were too many three and outs. Credit Moreno and his 161 tough yards and the defense. Bowe was shutdown!

cabronco
He thought he was playing smart, situational football. But ended up as big time Fail.

Popps
Because he is in over his head?

I think you missed your calling as a comedy club heckler.

colonelbeef
12-05-2010, 01:43 PM
I think you missed your calling as a comedy club heckler.

Thank goodness you found your calling- the Matt Millen of the OM

what's it like being 100% wrong about everything regarding the Denver Broncos? There are definitely a lot of ill informed people roaming these boards, but you definitely take the lack of pro football comprehension cake

TheProfessor
12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lt2_C9wLNjU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lt2_C9wLNjU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

baja
12-05-2010, 02:11 PM
the punt was the right call, with the three and outs that KC had been putting up before then.

Since we still had the 2 minute warning we actually had 4 TO's.
If we had stopped them on the first series of plays we would have gotten the ball back with over a minute, maybe 1:45.

Of course Kc got a first down on the second play.

That made it wrong, not the kick.

Of course the fact that Orton was in a major suck mode made Either choice
a problem. Could he pass for 4 yards for the first down. Questionable.

Could Moreno run for 4 after getting no calls for a couple series. Maybe, maybe not.

Orton was having a day where he wasn't accurate. Puntiing puts the game all on Orton's arm. We needed the 4 + minutes to at least have the option of running. Four minutes with 2 time outs was the way to go in THIS game.

baja
12-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Thank goodness you found your calling- the Matt Millen of the OM

what's it like being 100% wrong about everything regarding the Denver Broncos? There are definitely a lot of ill informed people roaming these boards, but you definitely take the lack of pro football comprehension cake

Well I can see were this is headed. You all got my two cents worth now I'm gonna enjoy my hot tub.

Let the romper room rock.....

thecool
12-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Orton was having a day where he wasn't accurate. Puntiing puts the game all on Orton's arm. We needed the 4 + minutes to at least have the option of running. Four minutes with 2 time outs was the way to go in THIS game.

There was under 3 minutes left when we decided to punt it.

HAT
12-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Punt was absolutely the right call.

colonelbeef
12-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Well I can see were this is headed. You all got my two cents worth now I'm gonna enjoy my hot tub.

Let the romper room rock.....

shocker, poops jr. also needs to run and hide from his hideously incorrect McDaniels prognostications

ColoradoDarin
12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I wanted them to go for it, just because we needed a TD. If we only needed a FG I would have gone punt.

mwill07
12-05-2010, 02:53 PM

Since we still had the 2 minute warning we actually had 4 TO's.....

no - we had 2 TO's at that point.

The situation was this: 4th and 4, our own 39 yard line, 2:32 on the clock.Down by four, vs one of the best running teams in the league.

Punting was the wrong call.

Of course, so is forcing a throw to double-covered Lloyd, which if history is any indication was the other choice.

thecool
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM

The situation was this: 4th and 4, our own 39 yard line, 2:32 on the clock.Down by four, vs one of the best running teams in the league.

Of course, so is forcing a throw to double-covered Lloyd, which if history is any indication was the other choice.

I think either call is ok.

Say you fail to get the 4th and 4, you're going to have to get a defensive stop anyways, but you're probably going to give up a FG thus a TD only to tie not to win.

So at that point 4th and 4 you're either:

A) Attempting to completely the 4th down/risking 3 points if defensie makes a stop.
B) Attempting to get a defensive stop and still only be down 4.

OABB
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Why are people mad about 8 straight passes. Knowgain mobusto can't break tackles and is too slow to be effective anyhow. Throwing was the right call.

Crushaholic
12-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Did Josh punt.

I felt the same way. I knew it was possible to get a 3 and out, but time was starting to be a factor...

ScottXray
12-05-2010, 03:50 PM

for some reason I thought we had three timeouts left then. I think the announcers even said we did. Probably why I thought that.

With 2 it would have been better to try for the first.

Broncomutt
12-05-2010, 03:53 PM
for some reason I thought we had three timeouts left then. I think the announcers even said we did. Probably why I thought that.

With 2 it would have been better to try for the first.

You are correct about the announcer. We had 2 timeouts, but the annoucer did say we had all TOs and the 2 min warning.

Jesterhole
12-05-2010, 03:56 PM
If you're going to rely on the defense anyway, then you go for it, and if you don't make it, depend on the D to hold them to a FG. We still need to drive for a TD in either case.

Cito Pelon
12-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Did Josh punt.

Who friggin knows. Good question. Poor game management.

Cito Pelon
12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
I thought it was a no-brainer, you go for it, all or nothing.