PDA

View Full Version : Its time for the change, the future is Moreno and Tebow. Listen up.

KevinJames
12-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Orton sucks when the game is close when theres heat on him he can't handle the pressure.

Moreno was amazing the way he ran today is the reason McDaniels drafted him in the first round, can the Moreno hate finally stop? I think our future is the running game with Tebow at QB it can only help only time can tell if he can be the guy but if his threat of the run is there it can only help the offense and help open up the passing game.

3-9 the season is lost, if Orton is going to be moved this off season than we need to sit him to avoid injuries to him and to allow us to watch our QB of the future develop and make some rookie mistkaes when the games don't matter since we are out of the playoff race.

McDaniels the time is now. Make your move and pull Orton for the year or you could be out of a job.

Bronco Boy
12-05-2010, 01:06 PM
So does your tv show.

McDman
12-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Good thread.

bronco militia
12-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Paul Blart Mall Cop is a great movie....blue ray worthy

jmz313
12-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I half agree. But suspect situational play calling by the HC is still bothering me more then Ortons Deer in headlights play. I assume Orton would do better with a better play caller in his ear.

Soul-Bronco
12-05-2010, 01:30 PM
i agree 100%, play calling sucked, but i can guarentee orton audibled out of some runs on the 8 pass plays. Orton should be stripped of starting and audibling at the very least

And yes tebow would instantly upgrade the running game.

It does wonders when moreno gets more than 20 carries a game .

fontaine
12-05-2010, 01:38 PM
i agree 100%, play calling sucked, but i can guarentee orton audibled out of some runs on the 8 pass plays..

Seriously, how would you know this? Unless you know exactly what the original play call was, and at the same time can decipher the audibles the Broncos call, you're just guessing.

Not to mention how the hell would you even hear what play calls/audibles were called.

Apart from that, anyone that wants to bail out on Orton after his first really bad game of the season is absolutely free to do so.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Moreno showed me a lot today.

Now the Broncos need to convince the league to put the Cheaps in the schedule more often.

jebures
12-05-2010, 01:40 PM
Seriously, how would you know this? Unless you know exactly what the original play call was, and at the same time can decipher the audibles the Broncos call, you're just guessing.

Not to mention how the hell would you even hear what play calls/audibles were called.

Apart from that, anyone that wants to bail out on Orton after his first really bad game of the season is absolutely free to do so.

It isn't the first game where he has utterly failed to come through in crunch time. He is only good if we are in the lead otherwise he crumbles. Bench his ass.

Popps
12-05-2010, 01:41 PM
i agree 100%, play calling sucked.

What was wrong with the play calling. Outside of the endzone pass from their 35 on 3rd and 6, I thought the game was called extremely well. Loved the heavy dose of the run we used all day.

LAST week's calling was a mess, but the play-calling gave us every chance to win today. Kyle just picked a bad week to have his worst game of his career.

Taco John
12-05-2010, 01:41 PM
Fire Josh. Bring in Gruden. Let the Gruden/Tebow era begin!

TheProfessor
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
fire josh. Bring in gruden. Let the gruden/tebow era begin!

x2

Taco John
12-05-2010, 01:42 PM
What was wrong with the play calling. Outside of the endzone pass from their 35 on 3rd and 6, I thought the game was called extremely well. Loved the heavy dose of the run we used all day.

LAST week's calling was a mess, but the play-calling gave us every chance to win today. Kyle just picked a bad week to have his worst game of his career.

The playcalling was good up until that fumble. Then it became an absolute panicked mess.

Broncos4tw
12-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Our amazing playcalling yielded us.. 6 points.

You can't have it all. McDaniel's can't be a brilliant up-and-coming coach, AND Orton doesn't suck when the pressure is on. Which is it? I'm sick of the "It's not Orton! And it's not our coach!" It's SOMETHING, holy crap.

thecool
12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Right. 1 week Moreno is the biggest bust of all time. Next week he's the future.

Yeah, you guys really know your stuff.

ColoradoDarin
12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I half agree. But suspect situational play calling by the HC is still bothering me more then Ortons Deer in headlights play. I assume Orton would do better with a better play caller in his ear.

Either Orton was checking out of plays or we need McDaniels to hand off playcalling to an OC (I think we need that anyways, I'm not a fan of the HC calling plays). The 2nd & 15 where Orton fumbled I didn't understand why we passed, we were gashing them for 8-12 a pop on the ground.

steeledude
12-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Orton sucks when the game is close when theres heat on him he can't handle the pressure.

Moreno was amazing the way he ran today is the reason McDaniels drafted him in the first round, can the Moreno hate finally stop? I think our future is the running game with Tebow at QB it can only help only time can tell if he can be the guy but if his threat of the run is there it can only help the offense and help open up the passing game.

3-9 the season is lost, if Orton is going to be moved this off season than we need to sit him to avoid injuries to him and to allow us to watch our QB of the future develop and make some rookie mistkaes when the games don't matter since we are out of the playoff race.

McDaniels the time is now. Make your move and pull Orton for the year or you could be out of a job.

Change number 1 has to be McD.

I don't think people hate Moreno here. He has sucked all year. He is showing flashes of first round talent now, and has definitely earned a chance to put together a good season next year. But until he has put together a great season and shows us he has a nose for the TDs, I say the jury is still out. But I don't think you'll find anyone here who would be upset if he became great.

Orton probably has to go. He is amazing...when playing prevent defenses. He hasn't been great all year. He has thrown for a lot of yards, sure, but all the pro bowl talk, etc. has been bogus since day 1. Orton can't lead this team to victory. He played today like he played in Chicago. Did enough to allow his defense to keep them in the game.

Hopefully Tebow is the answer, but I have my doubts he'll ever be an NFL QB, or maybe anything else. Maybe he should be our running back.

Spider
12-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Right. 1 week Moreno is the biggest bust of all time. Next week he's the future.

:rofl: welcome to the Mane ........ alot of people here believe in the " what you dont know , make up with Bulshiat" ........

Taco John
12-05-2010, 01:48 PM

Moreno has slowly been winning skeptics over. It's all about performance on the field. Find me one post of anyone saying anything bad about Moreno last week.

I'm not convinced he's the future yet - I mean, that was only the KC Chiefs we played out there... But I did think he showed some promise and am definitely intrigued to see more of the same. I loved that spin run he had. That showed toughness and guile.

cabronco
12-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Might as well let Tebow get some real game time experience. That way he's not starting off from scratch the next football season. We know what Ortons about. He can be efficient at times, but he's not a good leader, and a statue in the pocket without awareness. Tebow is known for his leading abilities in college, just needs time on the field at the pro level..

thecool
12-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Moreno has slowly been winning skeptics over. It's all about performance on the field. Find me one post of anyone saying anything bad about Moreno last week.

I'm not convinced he's the future yet - I mean, that was only the KC Chiefs we played out there... But I did think he showed some promise and am definitely intrigued to see more of the same. I loved that spin run he had. That showed toughness and guile.

This has nothing to do with winning skeptics over. It's about knowing what you're watching and talking about, which no one here has no idea of.

It was clearly the offensive line that plagued Moreno to start off the season. But some people still wanted to degrade him and call him a bust. Arguments upon arguments pulling up stats etc claiming he's such a horrible RB.

The fact is people here don't really know anything.

Taco John
12-05-2010, 01:56 PM
This has nothing to do with winning skeptics over. It's about knowing what you're watching and talking about, which no one here has no idea of.

It was clearly the offensive line that plagued Moreno to start off the season. But some people still wanted to degrade him and call him a bust. Arguments upon arguments pulling up stats etc claiming he's such a horrible RB.

The fact is people here don't really know anything.

They know we've got three wins.

BroncoInferno
12-05-2010, 01:56 PM

I don't get your fascination with Gruden. He rode Dungy's/Kiffin's defense to a Super Bowl his first year in Tampa, then was eventually fired because he could never get their offense to play above a mediocre level while the defense detioriated. He did some impressive work in Oakland, but that was more than a decade ago. If McDaniels get fired, my first choice would be Jim Harbaugh. Yes, I realize college coaches have a poor track record jumping to the NFL, but Harbaugh has an NFL background and runs NFL style systems. Plus, he brings the sort of hard nosed approach we need. Also, having been a former NFL QB himself, he could be a good tutor for Tebow.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Moreno should have had a chance at topping 200 yards today if your coach wasnt clueless.

He seems topped out as a OC and cant handle being a head coach.

Taco John
12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't get your fascination with Gruden. He rode Dungy's/Kiffin's defense to a Super Bowl his first year in Tampa, then was eventually fired because he could never get their offense to play above a mediocre level while the defense detioriated. He did some impressive work in Oakland, but that was more than a decade ago. If McDaniels get fired, my first choice would be Jim Harbaugh. Yes, I realize college coaches have a poor track record jumping to the NFL, but Harbaugh has an NFL background and runs NFL style systems. Plus, he brings the sort of hard nosed approach we need.

I'd take Harbaugh too. I do like Gruden though. I'd take either one.

BroncoInferno
12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
[Moreno] has sucked all year.

No, he hasn't. He was injured for the better part of the first half of the year, and the OL was injured and playing horribly. Now that both he and the OL are reasonably healthy, he has been playing very well.

BroncoInferno
12-05-2010, 02:02 PM

But what is it you like about Gruden? As I said, his best work is more than a decade in the past.

thecool
12-05-2010, 02:03 PM

I'm sure you would

Considering you know nothing of either coach, don't know them as a person, don't know what schemes they run, don't know what type of coach they are, how they ACTUALLY are in person

You're just as much of idiot as the next.

This is what I'm talking about.

1 week Moreno is the biggest bust, the next week he's the future.

People have no idea what they're talking about and just making statements based off absolutely nothing.

fontaine
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
It isn't the first game where he has utterly failed to come through in crunch time. He is only good if we are in the lead otherwise he crumbles. Bench his ass.

Orton did have some horribly thrown passes today. But the CBs did a great job in shutting down our WRs.

It happens. Orton had his first really bad game of the season and I'm not going to call for a change at QB based off one game.

And if the real issue is that people don't think Orton can lead us from behind then what's the solution?

A rookie QB that's still learning the offense and working out his mechanics can?

Archer81
12-05-2010, 02:05 PM
But what is it you like about Gruden? As I said, his best work is more than a decade in the past.

I think its the tan. Its like a binkie. A coach with a nice, orange tan is comforting for some people.

:Broncos:

thecool
12-05-2010, 02:06 PM
Orton did have some horribly thrown passes today. But the CBs did a great job in shutting down our WRs.

It happens. Orton had his first really bad game of the season and I'm not going to call for a change at QB based off one game.

And if the real issue is that people don't think Orton can lead us from behind then what's the solution?

A rookie QB that's still learning the offense and working out his mechanics can?

I don't think people are suggesting to put a rookie in to win games.

fontaine
12-05-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't think people are suggesting to put a rookie in to win games.

As long as that's understood.

I can certainly understand the argument for putting in Tebow to give him experience.

But the criticism of Orton seems to be that he can't make plays out of nothing and lead us from behind. Fine, his body of work this season certainly doesn't disprove that.

I simply believe in playing the best you've got and anyone who's under the illusion that a rookie QB who only months ago was working on his throwing motion/mechanics is going to outperform Orton is going to be sorely disapointed.

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 02:25 PM

I can certainly understand the argument for putting in Tebow to give him experience.

But the criticism of Orton seems to be that he can't make plays out of nothing and lead us from behind. Fine, his body of work this season certainly doesn't disprove that.

I simply believe in playing the best you've got and anyone who's under the illusion that a rookie QB who only months ago was working on his throwing motion/mechanics is going to outperform Orton is going to be sorely disapointed.
Honestly, the main reason I want to see Tebow play, outside of very specific circumstances one play at a time, is that I want to know if there is any possible reason to keep McDaniels around (while forcing some major changes on him).

If he hasn't developed Tebow into even a suitable backup, what possible reason could there be to keep him around after this year? That is McDaniels last bastion of hope for keeping his job.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they should take Kyle out if he is performing well or that Tebow should start, but he needs to get some extended looks (like an entire drive) in the next few weeks to see what he is capable of. And if Orton lays an egg again like he did today, Tebow absolutely needs to be inserted into the lineup until he plays his way out of it.

broncswin
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Time to give Tebow a shot...love the way Moreno is developing patience in the backfield at the right time...and hitting the hole hard at the right time...we need to start over in the defensive backfield and on the line...love the way mays plays and we have ayers and doom back healthy(hopefully) next year...think it is time for a change at head coach.

broncswin
12-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Oh ya and the chiefs are not a very average football team right now

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I disagree with timing we shoushave got him time in winnong situations to build confodence not when the games dont count and noone cares

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Not to mention we gpt a developmental qb with a lockout looming.im sorry bit thay doesnt bode well for tebow

dsmoot
12-05-2010, 02:58 PM

I liked what he did in Oakland. He turned that franchise around and got that team to the Superbowl almost twice (Brady fumble + Callahan SB). He turned that team around from an absolute horrific condition in spite of Al Davis. Callahan proved himself as not much of a head coach, so I give that SB team to Gruden which he beat with TB when Dungy couldn't.

OABB
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM
I disagree with timing we shoushave got him time in winnong situations to build confodence not when the games dont count and noone cares

Well said.

Cito Pelon
12-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Yeah, well, the team is 3-9 and clearly Orton is not the future. Orton has been given the chance to be the future and he hasn't grabbed the brass ring.

Tebow is gonna be the guy. At 3-9 they may as well let Tebow get some experience. Orton was awful today, and he didn't have a lot of pressure on him. The team is going nowhere with Orton. I've tried to support the guy as much as I can but he's clearly not gonna get it done.

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM

The fact is people here don't really know anything.dude moreno was hirt to start off the year it really affected him the line had two big injuries two rookies and kuper. Most of us knew it might take time. He has played the chiefs well. Now let him show some real promise. Your angry most of us r. But thw whole i know everything and you dont know jack is crap bring some fresh material

Popps
12-05-2010, 03:14 PM
I still don't think we can give up on Orton, considering the strides he's made.

But, I'm also extremely jacked to see Tebow play, like everyone.

So, to me... this isn't really a point of contention. I think either can win for us, down the road. Both will have obstacles to overcome in their own game, in doing so.

thecool
12-05-2010, 03:15 PM
dude moreno was hirt to start off the year it really affected him the line had two big injuries two rookies and kuper. Most of us knew it might take time. He has played the chiefs well. Now let him show some real promise. Your angry most of us r. But thw whole i know everything and you dont know jack is crap bring some fresh material

No, most people did not know it might take time. People already labeled Moreno as a huge bust, not a good runner, doesn't run hard, etc.

That's my point. I don't know why you typed the rest of that out as it has nothing to do with what I said.

BroncoInferno
12-05-2010, 03:24 PM
I liked what he did in Oakland. He turned that franchise around and got that team to the Superbowl almost twice (Brady fumble + Callahan SB). He turned that team around from an absolute horrific condition in spite of Al Davis. Callahan proved himself as not much of a head coach, so I give that SB team to Gruden which he beat with TB when Dungy couldn't.

I gave him credit for his work in Oakland. But, again, that was over a decade ago. His offenses were never better than mediocre in Tampa.

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 03:25 PM
No, most people did not know it might take time. People already labeled Moreno as a huge bust, not a good runner, doesn't run hard, etc.

That's my point. I don't know why you typed the rest of that out as it has nothing to do with what I said. what ticks me off is people who hijack threads from out of no where obviously you know what was said yet you didnt insert your thoughts back when they were said. To me it just seems weak sauce

Cito Pelon
12-05-2010, 03:44 PM

So, to me... this isn't really a point of contention. I think either can win for us, down the road. Both will have obstacles to overcome in their own game, in doing so.

Eh, I'm thinking at 3-9 give Tebow the chance. It is obviouly tough to make that change, but Orton isn't getting it done. I think at this point the vets on the team would be ok with Tebow, just to have a chance to win out.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 03:47 PM

I know you will agree whatever our coach does...:rofl:

misturanderson
12-05-2010, 03:48 PM
dude moreno was hirt to start off the year it really affected him the line had two big injuries two rookies and kuper. Most of us knew it might take time. He has played the chiefs well. Now let him show some real promise. Your angry most of us r. But thw whole i know everything and you dont know jack is crap bring some fresh material

Are you as drunk as your posts make it seem?

zdoor
12-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Honestly, the main reason I want to see Tebow play, outside of very specific circumstances one play at a time, is that I want to know if there is any possible reason to keep McDaniels around (while forcing some major changes on him).

If he hasn't developed Tebow into even a suitable backup, what possible reason could there be to keep him around after this year? That is McDaniels last bastion of hope for keeping his job.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they should take Kyle out if he is performing well or that Tebow should start, but he needs to get some extended looks (like an entire drive) in the next few weeks to see what he is capable of. And if Orton lays an egg again like he did today, Tebow absolutely needs to be inserted into the lineup until he plays his way out of it.

This I pretty much totally agree with....

HAT
12-05-2010, 03:54 PM

Wait, what? Did you finally realize that Kubiak has his team in the AFCS basement in his 5th year?

What happened to "The Solution" ???

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Are you as drunk as your posts make it seem?
Nope Im on my phone and to tired to fix my grammatical errors. Big fingers little buttons

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 03:57 PM

I said it before..this is reason Mcd drafted a project type QB to be on a safer side.Bowlen will think twice before firing Mcd due to the investment on Tebow.
If Mcd starts Tebow and he didn't deliver, then he will be in trouble.
That's the reason he is delaying as much as possible.
Tebow will start only when his boss tells him.

ScottXray
12-05-2010, 03:57 PM
This I pretty much totally agree with....

+1 . Orton doesn't deserve to be benched for ONE game.
But we have to find out if Tebow has got anything to show.

He has had camp and 12 games to hone his game. If he can't fulfill his role as even a backup by now then McD is not going to have him ready in another year either.

I remember how bad Cutler looked in his first game.....but we need to know what we have.

I fault McD for not pulling Orton today. It was obvious he had NOTHING in his game today, early on.
Sometimes the REST of the team deserves a shot to win, something Orton took away today.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 04:00 PM
+1 . Orton doesn't deserve to be benched for ONE game.
But we have to find out if Tebow has got anything to show.

He has had camp and 12 games to hone his game. If he can't fulfill his role as even a backup by now then McD is not going to have him ready in another year either.

I remember how bad Cutler looked in his first game.....but we need to know what we have.

I fault McD for not pulling Orton today. It was obvious he had NOTHING in his game today, early on.
Sometimes the REST of the team deserves a shot to win, something Orton took away today.

you are foolish to think Mcd will start Tebow.

Requiem
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Tebow will be on the Broncos regardless. He is a marketing maniac and is bringing in the team a ton of revenue. I certainly would not doubt that was a huge reason for drafting him. Help save the franchise in a way.

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
I said it before..this is reason Mcd drafted a project type QB to be on a safer side.Bowlen will think twice before firing Mcd due to the investment on Tebow.
Tebow will start only when his boss tells himyou got .you uave got a wild imagination coach said he wouldnt even consider tebow until we were for sure out of the playoffs and not even completely sire then

ScottXray
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
you are foolish to think Mcd will start Tebow.

I don't think he should START. But if Orton starts out another game like this one he should be sat down....and Tebow inserted. Just because the game is close (something Moreno and the Defense did) doesn't mean you keep an Off QB in the game. Like I said ..Orton lost this game. He robbed everyone else on the team of a win...
I used to hate it when Reeves would not pull Elway in some of his games that were like this one. Sometimes someone just doesn't HAVE it. Nothing against that player....but when they are hurting the teams chances you sit them down for a while and see if someone else DOES. You tell them that its not their week and you expect them to come back next week Better.

If they can't take a temporary benching then too bad. It's about winning and you go with what is working not what isn't.
Even if he can't read defenses well, Tebow could NOT have played worse than Orton today. Orton was mainly lucky he disn't have 5 picks today.

go_broncos
12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
you uave got a wild imagination coach said he wouldnt even consider tebow until we were for sure out of the playoffs and not even completely sire then

I am right about Mcd from the beginning..Trust me, that's the way he thinks.

Spider
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
I'm sure you would

Considering you know nothing of either coach, don't know them as a person, don't know what schemes they run, don't know what type of coach they are, how they ACTUALLY are in person

You're just as much of idiot as the next.

This is what I'm talking about.

1 week Moreno is the biggest bust, the next week he's the future.

People have no idea what they're talking about and just making statements based off absolutely nothing. Cowher Bandwagon here if he would , teams take on the personality of the HC , tough teams win one on one battles , got to do that before any Scheme works

BroncoInferno
12-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Tebow will start only when his boss tells him.

I don't see it that way at all. At this point, McD very well may not get another year. With the playoffs now a mathmatical impossibility, the best way for McD to save his job is for Tebow to play now and show that he's made progress this year. He doesn't even have to play like an All-Pro--no one in their right mind would expect that at this point--but if he looks reasonably good for a rookie and improves from week to week, that could make Bowlen hesitant to make the switch, thus requiring Tebow to have to relearn a new offense and/or play for a coach that does not believe in him the way McD does or who runs an offense that doesn't utilize his unique skill set. It seems to me that next weeks Arizona game would be the perfect opportunity for Tebow to get his feet wet (as a starter, not merely coming in to run specialized packages).

thecool
12-05-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't see it that way at all. At this point, McD very well may not get another year. With the playoffs now a mathmatical impossibility, the best way for McD to save his job is for Tebow to play now and show that he's made progress this year. He doesn't even have to play like an All-Pro--no one in their right mind would expect that at this point--but if he looks reasonably good for a rookie and improves from week to week, that could make Bowlen hesitant to make the switch, thus requiring Tebow to have to relearn a new offense and/or play for a coach that does not believe in him the way McD does or who runs an offense that doesn't utilize his unique skill set. It seems to me that next weeks Arizona game would be the perfect opportunity for Tebow to get his feet wet (as a starter, not merely coming in to run specialized packages).

No. The moment Tebow comes in, the moment McDaniels "official" coaching timer goes off. I'd argue that he can save his season next year by sitting Tebow. There is no way Bowlen is going to take a full year worth of Tebow's development and throw it all away.

I'd be interested to see how much progress Tebow has made this year but the real progress comes in the off season and TC.

fontaine
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM

I understand what you're saying.

There are plenty of very good QB coaches in the league that can develop Tebow. We don't need a HC to do that.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2010, 05:06 PM

I just got a PM from the Denver Broncos. They wanted me to tell you they value your advice and will consider it. They also wanted me to tell you that there are still single game ticket packs left and that the Drive for Life was a success this year.

They told me they make all their decisions based on forum posts.