PDA

View Full Version : It would be a big deal if we swept the Chiefs this season

Taco John
12-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I was thinking while making dinner how much I want a win tomorrow, and as I started thinking about it, it occurred to me how great I would feel if we managed to sweep the Chiefs this year. It wouldn't completely absolve the sins of Josh McDaniels, but I'd sure feel a lot better about him and our current situation.

This game is a great opportunity for the team to distance themselves from the lows that we've been experiencing this season and give us something that we could carry with us into the offseason and into next season. It would be great to stuff a Josh McDaniels sweep over Haley into the mouths of Chiefs fans over the next year any time they started to get mouthy...

strafen
12-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I was thinking while making dinner how much I want a win tomorrow, and as I started thinking about it, it occurred to me how great I would feel if we managed to sweep the Chiefs this year. It wouldn't completely absolve the sins of Josh McDaniels, but I'd sure feel a lot better about him and our current situation.

This game is a great opportunity for the team to distance themselves from the lows that we've been experiencing this season and give us something that we could carry with us into the offseason and into next season. It would be great to stuff a Josh McDaniels sweep over Haley into the mouths of Chiefs fans over the next year any time they started to get mouthy...

That would ruin KC's season in some kind of way ;D

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Not keen on this role reversal. This IS NOT our Superbowl!

Los Broncos
12-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm with ya on this, sweeping them would be like making the playoffs at this point.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 07:11 PM
Yep. It's huge for McDaniels. A win makes him much more likely to survive the offseason. A blowout loss, and it becomes almost impossible to justify keeping him, given that he will have been blown out by every team in the AFC west.

Fans may not like that playoffs having escaped us, all we have left is divisional rivalries - and really only one left, since we were already humiliated by the other two.

Crushaholic
12-04-2010, 07:14 PM
It's not easy to get a win at Arrowhead. It would be a great feat for the young coach...:thumbs:

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
It's not easy to get a win at Arrowhead. It would be a great feat for the young coach...:thumbs:

Again.

tsiguy96
12-04-2010, 07:23 PM
Not keen on this role reversal. This IS NOT our Superbowl!

when youre season is done, you need to take pride in little things, like beating your long hated rivals.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 07:26 PM
when youre season is done, you need to take pride in little things, like beating your long hated rivals.

And when you have this coaching staff, any win is a superbowl win.

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 07:31 PM
And when you have this coaching staff, any win is a superbowl win.

Well exactly (give or take two days) this team won 44 - 13 in Arrowhead. Lets do it again!

spdirty
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
For the first time in 10 years, I will not watch em tomorrow...instead Ill be attending the going away party of a friend. If they win great, if not fine, it helps our draft status. Either way we are playing for pride so I really don't give a ****. Josh McDaniels Broncos have pretty much worn me out.

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 07:42 PM
For the first time in 10 years, I will not watch em tomorrow...instead Ill be attending the going away party of a friend. If they win great, if not fine, it helps our draft status. Either way we are playing for pride so I really don't give a ****. Josh McDaniels Broncos have pretty much worn me out.

I am certainly not as disenchanted going into a game like I was in the final game of '08, that must win @ the Chargers, I knew what was coming. In all honesty, we have played the Chiefs 3 times since McD took over and blown them out twice, and they have blown us out once. Who knows what we'll get?

IHaveALight
12-04-2010, 08:50 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2XsUnU8-cGc/TOLoI6v_45I/AAAAAAAABrk/uyqj9ci_oWw/s640/The+Kiss+of+Death.jpg

HILife
12-04-2010, 09:27 PM

More importantly, what are you making for dinner and what time do you want me to come over and eat?

spdirty
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
I am certainly not as disenchanted going into a game like I was in the final game of '08, that must win @ the Chargers, I knew what was coming. In all honesty, we have played the Chiefs 3 times since McD took over and blown them out twice, and they have blown us out once. Who knows what we'll get?

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. We are playing for pride and a worse draft pick and that sucks. :(

Popps
12-04-2010, 09:47 PM
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter. We are playing for pride and a worse draft pick and that sucks. :(

Speak for yourself.

400HZ
12-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Good luck, Broncos!

Taco John
12-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Speak for yourself.

no doubt. It definitely matters to me.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 10:04 PM
This team is desperately in need of momentum. They have won one game in the last seven. Against the team we play tomorrow. If we loose, you might as well chalk up the earlier win to KC not taking the team seriously, and getting trapped. Josh hasn't won two in a row since the 6 game stretch last year. If he is going to stick around, we need something to build on - desperately.

Bronco Yoda
12-04-2010, 10:53 PM

I totally agree. But if McD shiats the bed agains the fade again... I still want him fed to the black hole face first.

Signed
With love
Bronco Nation

HEAV
12-04-2010, 11:02 PM
For me it's more about seeing how Josh handles the game. The Chef's are going to be out for blood (after last time) Haley and his crew are going to bring it and then some. I just hope Josh has a plan and I hope he has the players ready.

This is Josh's save his ass game.

Hogan11
12-04-2010, 11:31 PM
I just love winning when no one give you a chance in hell and everyone is betting against you......you know, like last time they played each other.

Go Broncos!!

Sassy
12-04-2010, 11:35 PM
GO BRONCOS!
(and spdirty...I doubt the team thinks that way!)
NEVER LOSE FOR A FREAKIN' DRAFT PICK!

Taco John
12-05-2010, 12:07 AM
I totally agree. But if McD shiats the bed agains the fade again... I still want him fed to the black hole face first.

Signed
With love
Bronco Nation

I don't even want to think about that prospect right now. I'm looking for ways I can forgive this twerp, and a win tomorrow would go a long ways with me right now.

Taco John
12-05-2010, 12:09 AM
A little feel good mojo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0D2o8F2MOuI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0D2o8F2MOuI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Bronco Yoda
12-05-2010, 12:15 AM
I don't even want to think about that prospect right now. I'm looking for ways I can forgive this twerp, and a win tomorrow would go a long ways with me right now.

I know what you're saying. I want to like the guy. I've been on the fence up until now. But I finally drew a line in the sand not long ago. It's a totally emotionl line I realize.

A win tomorrow will go a little ways with me. But only a little.

If we could only get someone in like Parcels to do some potty training. Damn you Josh. I NEVER thought I'd be pining for the tuna for MY team.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I wonder what Tebow thinks of this whole cheating scandal...FTR I wouldnt be surprised to see you guys win today.

After all, Josh McD probably already knows our first 8 or 9 plays

Bronco Yoda
12-05-2010, 12:49 AM
We already know your best 8 playes. :)

1. Flip mullet to the left, run right behind right tackle.

2. Tackle your best piggy for good times.

3. Kiss sister in the center.

4. Center one's mouth guard to protect both teeth to call audible for quick screen around camero on blocks.

5. Cousin love'n is more funn'n when run'n & gun'n.

6. Overalls & flip-flops hut...hut...hut

7. Flip mullet to the right, run left behind left tackle.

8. Naked bootleg with granny.

BossChief
12-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Also, this is surely gonna sound pretty weird but I hope you guys get rid of Josh after this year. I think if he stays you guys will be able to trade Orton for premium compensation and that he will get Tebow to be a difference maker in a good way.

Under another coach, I think Tebow fails to develop as a NFL QB and that would make that pick a total waste.

spdirty
12-05-2010, 01:17 AM
GO BRONCOS!
(and spdirty...I doubt the team thinks that way!)
NEVER LOSE FOR A FREAKIN' DRAFT PICK!

Hitting a home run with a top 5 draft pick is much more important than this game. But whatever, if a win makes peoples week better, fine, great, hope they can. I'm just past that point. I've lost all hope in this franchise under this regime. Look at McD the same way I looked at Hawkins a month+ ago. And, IMO, losing helps us on 2 fronts. Better draft pick and increases the negativity towards an incompetent coach/gm which will hopefully get him fired and get this franchise moving in a positive direction sooner rather than later.

If we do the extremely improbable and sweep the Chiefs, yeah, we get bragging rights. A rare sweep against a hated rival. We get 2 wins on them on the overall series. OK, thats a few positves. But that doesn't outweigh the negatives for me. I'd rather get a group of guys in here who will have this team in the top 10 of the league year after year. This 1 Chiefs game that many people look at as our Super Bowl is just...well, pathetic. We're the Broncos, we're better than that. This game should be the Chiefs Super Bowl. The man that brought us to this point needs to move out of Denver ASAP.

spdirty
12-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Plus, where did that last improbable Chiefs win get us? Gave us a little hope for 8 days and we got to laugh at them and we felt good for a little while but then we became the league joke again just a short time later. It just doesn't mean that much right now.

Karenin
12-05-2010, 05:54 AM
What a sad little man you are.

peacepipe
12-05-2010, 06:28 AM

when's the last time, in december, we beat the chiefs in arrowhead?

rugbythug
12-05-2010, 06:30 AM
when's the last time, in december, we beat the chiefs in arrowhead?

Wasn't it last year?

Crushaholic
12-05-2010, 06:43 AM
Wasn't it last year?

I had to look it up, but it was December 6, 2009. I had forgotten about that feat, since they returned the favor in Denver a month later. And, that ticked me off. Still, a sweep of the Chiefs would be nice...:thumbs:

chadta
12-05-2010, 07:12 AM
all we have to do is winout, and hope pissburg or baltimore loses out an we can still make the playoffs

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!

peacepipe
12-05-2010, 07:30 AM
cheifs are 15-2 against us in arrowhead in dec.

Dr. Broncenstein
12-05-2010, 07:36 AM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/701477/gyi0062469583.jpg

Has anyone seen this yet?

zdoor
12-05-2010, 08:26 AM
I wanna see a win too... I'm tired of watching us get whipped... Let's lay another one on the chefs....

BossChief
12-05-2010, 08:48 AM
all we have to do is winout, and hope pissburg or baltimore loses out an we can still make the playoffs

GO BRONCOS !!!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

enjoy the cellar

TheReverend
12-05-2010, 08:59 AM
I think this game is extremely winnable.

brncs_fan
12-05-2010, 09:07 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

enjoy the cellar

We're just keeping it warm for you.

Missouribronc
12-05-2010, 09:47 AM
This means more to me, because I live here, and it would be fun to watch the Broncos ruin the Chiefs season. Hey Chiefs, those footsteps you're hearing. That's the Chargers.

HAT
12-05-2010, 09:50 AM

What a ****ing pussy....

GO BRONCOS!!!

Chris
12-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I was thinking it would also be good if we win.

HAT
12-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Oh and as for the OP....
There's only 16 games each season....Putting any more emphasis on certain games is ****ing stupid.

cutthemdown
12-05-2010, 10:01 AM
I hope Broncos play well but a loss is probably a good thing in the big picture. I really want Fairly or Marcel Dareus and we need to be top 5 to be positioned really good in the draft.

HAT
12-05-2010, 10:12 AM
I hope Broncos play well but a loss is probably a good thing in the big picture. I really want Fairly or Marcel Dareus and we need to be top 5 to be positioned really good in the draft.

Wow.

chadta
12-05-2010, 11:29 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

enjoy the cellar

i love it

chiefs have been irrelevant for a decade, they finally have a mediocre season and the fans are going nuts

Homer Simpson
12-05-2010, 11:35 AM

http://www.facepalm.org/img.php