PDA

View Full Version : Fans mailling it in on the Broncos against KC

lostknight
12-04-2010, 07:57 PM
To date, I have found not a fan that thinks we can win tomorrow. I think more then any other game I can ever remember as a Bronco fan. The fans have mailed it in. The media makes its hay by picking against the Broncos, and loudly proclaiming them the laughingstock of the NFL. After the last bruising 21 games, McScandal and the weekly disgrace that a former RB dishes out on the coaches, they are all too ready to give in.

I think we have a shot at this game. i really do. If there is one thing that Josh understands, it's how a New England style offense and defense work. KC under haley, Romeo and Weis have adopted it as well as any. He knows where to exploit it. Ever since Elway told Josh to start gameplanning, I think Josh has started to understand how to get the players execute the plan consistently.

On the defensive side of the ball, we have sudden youth at the secondary after the massive injuries last week. Champ has to be smarting from how bad Bowe made him look the first time through, and is going to be out for blood. If the offense hits, hits really damn hard, and doesn't let their foot off the accelerator until the Chiefs can't go back to a balanced offensive attack, they can win this game, Arrowhead or no.

Dedhed
12-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, you didn't ask me. I think we'll absolutely stuff it down Failey's pansy A$$ throat.

strafen
12-04-2010, 08:03 PM
To date, I have found not a fan that thinks we can win tomorrow. I think more then any other game I can ever remember as a Bronco fan. The fans have mailed it in. The media makes its hay by picking against the Broncos, and loudly proclaiming them the laughingstock of the NFL. After the last bruising 21 games, McScandal and the weekly disgrace that a former RB dishes out on the coaches, they are all too ready to give in.

I think we have a shot at this game. i really do. If there is one thing that Josh understands, it's how a New England style offense and defense work. KC under haley, Romeo and Weis have adopted it as well as any. He knows where to exploit it. Ever since Elway told Josh to start gameplanning, I think Josh has started to understand how to get the players execute the plan consistently.

On the defensive side of the ball, we have sudden youth at the secondary after the massive injuries last week. Champ has to be smarting from how bad Bowe made him look the first time through, and is going to be out for blood. If the offense hits, hits really damn hard, and doesn't let their foot off the accelerator until the Chiefs can't go back to a balanced offensive attack, they can win this game, Arrowhead or no.

I don't know.
We manhandled KC at home by executung the perfect game, that it now makes me wonder if we filmed their walk through :wiggle:

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Yawn.

Los Broncos
12-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I think we have a decent chance, but we must contain Charles much like the last meeting or it could get ugly.

tsiguy96
12-04-2010, 08:25 PM
lostknight, if you hate everything about this team, why do you still call yourself a fan?

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 08:32 PM
lostknight, if you hate everything about this team, why do you still call yourself a fan?

If lostknight isn't a fan, I don't know what you'd class as a fan. Really dude. You can love the Broncos and still be disillusioned.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 08:37 PM

The ultimate fall back when someone doesn't lick Josh McDaniels's balls. Question their fan-hood. If you do it loud enough, and with enough curse words, perhaps no-one will notice that you have no credibility whatsoever.

What's even more amusing is that I started this freaken thread with a statement that I think they can win, which puts in a minority like the number of Fijians at Notre Dame.

spdirty
12-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't like Failey, but not shaking McDaniels hand was no sin in my eyes.

ColoradoDarin
12-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Yawn.

He probably thinks it's clever. It's not, but you knew that.

Mile High Shack
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM
I don't like Failey, but not shaking McDaniels hand was no sin in my eyes.
No telling where those hands have been

Conklin
12-04-2010, 08:41 PM

who the **** have you been asking...how bout you show up to arrowhead and i'll show you a bronco fan that thinks we will win

Homer Simpson
12-04-2010, 08:43 PM
He probably thinks it's clever. It's not, but you knew that.

It's probably just a joke to be honest, there is a poster who uses it religiously but it's not lk.

tsiguy96
12-04-2010, 08:44 PM
The ultimate fall back when someone doesn't lick Josh McDaniels's balls. Question their fan-hood. If you do it loud enough, and with enough curse words, perhaps no-one will notice that you have no credibility whatsoever.

What's even more amusing is that I started this freaken thread with a statement that I think they can win, which puts in a minority like the number of Fijians at Notre Dame.

when did this have anything to do with "licking mcdaniels balls"? its about showing support for a team you claim to enjoy watching, jackass. all is not perfect in denver and thats due to a lot of reasons, not every one of which sits on the HC, QB, DC or even the owners lap, and replacing all of these wont fix the issues either.

mcdaniels may not work out and right now this team is a bottom 10 team, clearly. but the people here have been calling for his head since day one. you guys act like in one year, denver has fallen to the ranks of the lions, yet lions fans understand that rebuilding takes time. even with all new parts, that team STILL sucks. going 6-0 to start his career may have been the worst thing that ever happened to mcdaniels, gave people unrealistic expectations, even me.

and this is how you started the thread:

lostknight
12-04-2010, 09:04 PM
and this is how you started the thread:

Obviously you didn't read the whole post:

But it's somewhat your modus opperandi to attack anything that doesn't express full and unwavering support for McDaniel's regime. Even though I am on the record over and over and over in saying he should not be canned this year.

So how bout you dial back the attacks a bit. People might take you a bit more seriously.

tsiguy96
12-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Obviously you didn't read the whole post:

But it's somewhat your modus opperandi to attack anything that doesn't express full and unwavering support for McDaniel's regime. Even though I am on the record over and over and over in saying he should not be canned this year.

So how bout you dial back the attacks a bit. People might take you a bit more seriously.

go read my posts over the last few weeks, instead of cherrypicking arguments.

strafen
12-04-2010, 09:08 PM
go read my posts over the last few weeks, instead of cherrypicking arguments.
they all look the same as this week's...

Rock Chalk
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM

It does get old but technically speaking he didn't question your fan hood.

Pick Six
12-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Well, Brandon Flowers IS questionable. That could mean another good game for Orton and Lloyd. I'm hoping for the best...:kcbard:

Boss Man
12-04-2010, 10:07 PM
this is what i dont get about so called "true" fans who complain when others want the team to lose in hopes for a better draft pick...we are already eliminated from the playoffs, and with the talent we have on the roster, it is not a superbowl contender next year either. We need as much help and talent as we can get.

You play this game to WIN SUPERBOWLS, not just to win every now and then. Have some ***ing foresight..In order to achieve this goal, sacrafices have to be made, but many of you dont understand this.

And lettuce be reality, they outmatch us in nearly every statistical category, and not to mention are playing 10x better than we currently are....

good day...

lostknight
12-04-2010, 10:26 PM
this is what i dont get about so called "true" fans who complain when others want the team to lose in hopes for a better draft pick...we are already eliminated from the playoffs, and with the talent we have on the roster, it is not a superbowl contender next year either. We need as much help and talent as we can get.

You play this game to WIN SUPERBOWLS, not just to win every now and then. Have some ***ing foresight..In order to achieve this goal, sacrafices have to be made, but many of you dont understand this.

And lettuce be reality, they outmatch us in nearly every statistical category, and not to mention are playing 10x better than we currently are....

good day...

The problem with that statement is that the only way to get to the Superbowl is not to put out one stellar season, it's to compete every season, year in and year out. Go ask Detroit and the Rams how much a high first has helped them this year.

gunns
12-04-2010, 10:40 PM

You the fan, the king of all fans, the hippity dippity **** of all fans, the know it all of all fans, and yes I bet you've got big balls too. WOOT! :egbgb:

spdirty
12-04-2010, 10:46 PM
The problem with that statement is that the only way to get to the Superbowl is not to put out one stellar season, it's to compete every season, year in and year out. Go ask Detroit and the Rams how much a high first has helped them this year.

Ummmmm, yeah. Both teams on the rise, thanks in large part to Suh, Megatron, Stafford(if he can ever get healthy), Chris Long, and Bradford.

tsiguy96
12-04-2010, 10:47 PM
You the fan, the king of all fans, the hippity dippity **** of all fans, the know it all of all fans, and yes I bet you've got big balls too. WOOT! :egbgb:

way to stay on topic, when all i asked was a simple question that never seems to get answered. i guess if you bitch long and loud enough on a broncos message board about the team, the change you want to see actually happens?

spdirty
12-04-2010, 10:49 PM

good day...

yep.

gunns
12-04-2010, 11:03 PM
way to stay on topic, when all i asked was a simple question that never seems to get answered. i guess if you b**** long and loud enough on a broncos message board about the team, the change you want to see actually happens?

You are always asking that question, always questioning people on their being a fan. Some people are just plain frustrated, they want the Broncos to win so badly, hell all of us do.

In another thread you ask if someone can't have a differing opinion in light of new evidence. The "new evidence" is losing each week. If I were to lay money down on this game I'd bet with my head not with my heart and I'd put money on the Chiefs. Judging from your posts, you'd say I'm not a fan.

Have you ever noticed that people jump on your ass NOT because you have an optimistic view of the team and the FO but because you've put yourself in charge of determining whether people are fans or not. It isn't up to you. And if someone wants to bitch, and rightfully so, about the team it is their opinion and because it's different from yours SO THE **** WHAT. It does not mean they are not a fan. Get it? I think it's great you are so gung ho about the Broncos, go for it kid, but quit judging others who react differently to what has happened to the team. In other words, grow up.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Have you ever noticed that people jump on your ass NOT because you have an optimistic view of the team and the FO but because you've put yourself in charge of determining whether people are fans or not.

this.

The reality is that all of us want to win - we simply have different perspectives on what's wrong. And since day one of the Goodman's leaving, as well as Shanahan's foibles, I have been convinced that combing the power of a GM and a head coach in a era where the really good teams year in and year out have strong GM player partnerships is ignorant and foolhardy.

The last two years have done nothing to disprove this assertion.

Los Broncos
12-04-2010, 11:07 PM
LK is still a fan just not a happy one, otherwise why would he waste his time.

But all the bitching and crying about McD gets old, he'll be gone after next season, that's if there is one.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Ummmmm, yeah. Both teams on the rise, thanks in large part to Suh, Megatron, Stafford(if he can ever get healthy), Chris Long, and Bradford.

Yet they still will both be top five in the draft this next year. How many years has Calvin been around now? A hell of a lot, given that the speculation was that Denver was moving up to get him in the Shanny era.

lostknight
12-04-2010, 11:12 PM
LK is still a fan just not a happy one, otherwise why would he waste his time.

I really hate this misconception. I am happy person. Do I like what where the team is at? Hell no. I want my 2 year old son (who already loves football) to have a great team to root for. But does it affect my day to day happiness? Hell no.

But all the b****ing and crying about McD gets old, he'll be gone after next season, that's if there is one.

I've been a fan since I came here in a superbowl year - one that we lost. Nothing here is going to make me leave. But don't expect me to give a clean check to the Broncos FO. The Broncos existed before McDaniels, before Ellis, Before Shanahan, before Bowlen, before Elway, before Reeves, before Kaiser.

Los Broncos
12-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I really hate this misconception. I am happy person. Do I like what where the team is at? Hell no. I want my 2 year old son (who already loves football) to have a great team to root for. But does it affect my day to day happiness? Hell no.

I've been a fan since I came here in a superbowl year - one that we lost. Nothing here is going to make me leave. But don't expect me to give a clean check to the Broncos FO. The Broncos existed before McDaniels, before Ellis, Before Shanahan, before Bowlen, before Elway, before Reeves, before Kaiser.

I said your not a happy fan not an unhappy person, there's a difference.

The Broncos are going to be fine.

Missouribronc
12-04-2010, 11:30 PM
You idiots really think you matter, don't you? How unbelievably stupid you are.

The players on the team, you know, the guys that win or lose, don't care about your sentiments.

Deal with it.

KipCorrington25
12-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Before I decide, did we film their walk through this time?

Taco John
12-05-2010, 01:10 AM
You are always asking that question, always questioning people on their being a fan. Some people are just plain frustrated, they want the Broncos to win so badly, hell all of us do.

In another thread you ask if someone can't have a differing opinion in light of new evidence. The "new evidence" is losing each week. If I were to lay money down on this game I'd bet with my head not with my heart and I'd put money on the Chiefs. Judging from your posts, you'd say I'm not a fan.

Have you ever noticed that people jump on your ass NOT because you have an optimistic view of the team and the FO but because you've put yourself in charge of determining whether people are fans or not. It isn't up to you. And if someone wants to b****, and rightfully so, about the team it is their opinion and because it's different from yours SO THE **** WHAT. It does not mean they are not a fan. Get it? I think it's great you are so gung ho about the Broncos, go for it kid, but quit judging others who react differently to what has happened to the team. In other words, grow up.

Posts like this are why I don't go all Mod God around this place. There are real adults here who know how to handle themselves and others.

Nice post. Just freaking awesome.

Pick Six
12-05-2010, 01:50 AM
Before I decide, did we film their walk through this time?

I hope not. We lose when we do...:clown:

Blueflame
12-05-2010, 02:41 AM
It does get old but technically speaking he didn't question your fan hood.

Yeah, he did.

From Tsi's post (#6)

"why do you still call yourself a fan?"

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 04:02 AM

Have you ever noticed that people jump on your ass NOT because you have an optimistic view of the team and the FO but because you've put yourself in charge of determining whether people are fans or not. It isn't up to you. And if someone wants to b****, and rightfully so, about the team it is their opinion and because it's different from yours SO THE **** WHAT. It does not mean they are not a fan. Get it? I think it's great you are so gung ho about the Broncos, go for it kid, but quit judging others who react differently to what has happened to the team. In other words, grow up.

Amen!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-05-2010, 07:48 AM

Funny that you didn't pipe up like this when jhns was revoking peoples' fan credentials, calling them Raider fans if they preferred to give Josh McDaniels another year to start righting the ship. But then, you agree with jhns, so why would you question him on such a thing?

Hypocrite.

tsiguy96
12-05-2010, 08:04 AM

1. taco agrees with you, so you know you must be on the extreme end of some argument, god forbid you ever get clarity and enter the middle
2. based on the arguments that some people take around here, mcd sucks, orton sucks, the scheme sucks, the D scheme sucks, you guys are less positive about this team than OTHER afcw fans are. thats pathetic. a good percent of the people calling for mcdaniels today hate him simply because he is NOT mike shanahan and he got rid of cutler. those two facts alone were enough, it doesnt matter what happened since then. a LOT of people do not come to this forum after a win, or they dont post, simply because it doesnt fit their agenda.

its easy to look at the record of the team and say "oh he sucks hes awful fire him today". based on the intelligence of a good percent of this board, its not hard to imagine this is the route people take everyday. its harder to take a look at the team and roster in transition and view the surrounding facts to the situation and realize that firing a head coach after 2 years makes you the oakland raiders. if you need to make organizational changes, fine, rehauling everything and starting over after just 2 seasons is just stupid, and wastes the work that has been done so far.

it makes me wonder if you guys bitch because you think if you do it loudly enough on this message board, something will change. you are not in control of anything, you never will be, and thats that.

i also find it funny that people like you and taco would NEVER, EVER say anything to jhns or his jizz buddies when they call people mcdaniels nuthuggers because they dont want him fired. i know for a fact you wouldnt, but thats ok, because it fits your agenda, why comment?

Rock Chalk
12-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah, he did.

From Tsi's post (#6)

"why do you still call yourself a fan?"

He didn't question his fan hood. He asked him why he still calls himself a fan. Let's face it, the dude is negative nanny about EVERYTHING. It would be one thing if he was just frustrated and could actually see the things that are OK on this team but NOTHING is. Its ALL horrible.

IN fact, his question EXPLICITLY acknowledges that he is in fact a fan.

You people really need to learn to comprehend the English language.

strafen
12-05-2010, 08:18 AM
1. taco agrees with you, so you know you must be on the extreme end of some argument, god forbid you ever get clarity and enter the middle
2. based on the arguments that some people take around here, mcd sucks, orton sucks, the scheme sucks, the D scheme sucks, you guys are less positive about this team than OTHER afcw fans are. thats pathetic. a good percent of the people calling for mcdaniels today hate him simply because he is NOT mike shanahan and he got rid of cutler. those two facts alone were enough, it doesnt matter what happened since then. a LOT of people do not come to this forum after a win, or they dont post, simply because it doesnt fit their agenda.

its easy to look at the record of the team and say "oh he sucks hes awful fire him today". based on the intelligence of a good percent of this board, its not hard to imagine this is the route people take everyday. its harder to take a look at the team and roster in transition and view the surrounding facts to the situation and realize that firing a head coach after 2 years makes you the oakland raiders. if you need to make organizational changes, fine, rehauling everything and starting over after just 2 seasons is just stupid, and wastes the work that has been done so far.

it makes me wonder if you guys b**** because you think if you do it loudly enough on this message board, something will change. you are not in control of anything, you never will be, and thats that.

i also find it funny that people like you and taco would NEVER, EVER say anything to jhns or his jizz buddies when they call people mcdaniels nuthuggers because they dont want him fired. i know for a fact you wouldnt, but thats ok, because it fits your agenda, why comment?Dude, your same arguments get old. So old in fact, I feel I owe Moses twenty bucks.
McDaniels inherited a play-off contender team.
In two years, they're calling it a rebuild team by people like you and those defending McDaniels.
Some people think the guy is clueless and doesn't know how to run a team.
Our reord on our last 20 games played is jaw dropping.

Some of us NOT supportting McDaniels is like not supporting the Broncos?
Isn't it what you're saying?
Really?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-05-2010, 08:21 AM
Dude, your same arguments get old. So old in fact, I feel I owe Moses twenty bucks.
McDaniels inherited a play-off contender team.
In two years, they're calling it a rebuild team by people like you and those defending McDaniels.
Some people think the guy is clueless and doesn't know how to run a team.
Our reord on our last 20 games played is jaw dropping.

Some of us NOT supportting McDaniels is like not supporting the Broncos?
Isn't it what you're saying?
Really?

Holy ****. Hypocrite.

You repeat the same ****ing garbage ad nauseum. In fact, most of the time you don't even MAKE a ****ing argument. You just repeat the same garbage over and over again.

But by all means, continue to do what YOU do while telling others they can't do what you do. ****ing marvelous.

footstepsfrom#27
12-05-2010, 08:37 AM
What a bunch of bull****...everyone would still know he has no credibility! :giggle:
Facts...why bother eh? ;D

Broncomutt
12-05-2010, 09:09 AM
I think we can win today, we're not playing at home.

However, given Haley's reason for snubbing McDaniels, whatever it was, he's got to be salivating at the chance of running up the score and embarassing McDaniels.

The first KC game was fun, and I hope we see a repeat performance. But if we get embarassed again, at least being one step closer to the end of the McDaniels era will be a silver lining.

WolfpackGuy
12-05-2010, 09:27 AM
You get kind of numb to fans of other teams asking what's wrong with the Broncos, specifically the coach.

I'll watch the games, but I don't really care about what happens the rest of the season.

gunns
12-05-2010, 09:35 AM

it makes me wonder if you guys b**** because you think if you do it loudly enough on this message board, something will change. you are not in control of anything, you never will be, and thats that.

i also find it funny that people like you and taco would NEVER, EVER say anything to jhns or his jizz buddies when they call people mcdaniels nuthuggers because they dont want him fired. i know for a fact you wouldnt, but thats ok, because it fits your agenda, why comment?

Tsi, you generally have good posts on this board about the Broncos and football in general. I like your passion. This has nothing to do with hating McD, the team play, etc. (those are opinions), it has to do with you questioning whether people who express their frustration are Bronco fans.

I don't generally read jhns, go broncos, because they are too extreme in their hatred, I don't agree and I know what's there. I do read your posts and just called you out when that passion takes a wrong turn in trying to determine people's fanhood. As long as you're a Bronco fan (a great thing) what do you care about others. Let people express their opinions, agree or disagree, but just enjoy that you are a fan, don't question other's.

TheReverend
12-05-2010, 09:56 AM

I'm astounded at the nerve it takes for this post to come from YOU.

cutthemdown
12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I think we have a decent chance, but we must contain Charles much like the last meeting or it could get ugly.

Man it won't be easy. In a way we got off easy last game because they had to throw. If we can score a ton of points again then yeah we could contain charles.

But if its a game where they can hand ball off a lot Charles will bust some big runs. He's so damn fast he makes our defenders look like they are in slow motion.

cutthemdown
12-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm astounded at the nerve it takes for this post to come from YOU.

You beat me to it.

HAT
12-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I"ll play the fan card all day long.....Anybody rooting for the Chiefs today is a pussy little bitch.

And yes, I'm talking to you dragster.

TonyR
12-05-2010, 11:16 AM
To date, I have found not a fan that thinks we can win tomorrow. I think more then any other game I can ever remember as a Bronco fan.

Then you don't remember the second San Diego game in 2008, Shanahan's last as coach of the Denver Broncos. Everybody knew we had to chance in that game, including the players. Today's game isn't even close.

bronco militia
12-05-2010, 11:22 AM
there's been way too many 'no hope' games the last 5 years

**** YOU PAT BOWLEN

Paladin
12-05-2010, 12:34 PM
All in all...

the OP is just more of the same Bullshyte.

Blah, blah, blah.

DBroncos4life
12-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Holy ****. Hypocrite.

You repeat the same ****ing garbage ad nauseum. In fact, most of the time you don't even MAKE a ****ing argument. You just repeat the same garbage over and over again.

But by all means, continue to do what YOU do while telling others they can't do what you do. ****ing marvelous.

You repeat the same **** after this dude makes a post with the same **** in it every ****ing thread too.

Blueflame
12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
He didn't question his fan hood. He asked him why he still calls himself a fan. Let's face it, the dude is negative nanny about EVERYTHING. It would be one thing if he was just frustrated and could actually see the things that are OK on this team but NOTHING is. Its ALL horrible.

IN fact, his question EXPLICITLY acknowledges that he is in fact a fan.

You people really need to learn to comprehend the English language.

I comprehended the English language... and Tsi's intended meaning... perfectly well. The words used "why do you call yourself"... make it quite is clear here that the writer has already categorized the individual he's addressing as... "not a fan". And as Gunns already noted, Tsi has a long history of setting himself up as "the supreme arbiter of who is a fan and who is not". The "true-fan police" are every bit as annoying as the "negative nancies".

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
You repeat the same **** after this dude makes a post with the same **** in it every ****ing thread too.

Can you do math?

Maybe if one stopped, the other would. Hmmmm?

Can't count that high?