PDA

View Full Version : Jon Embree offered CU head coaching position...

crush17
12-02-2010, 10:50 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16759314?_requestid=45244

interesting...

Rohirrim
12-02-2010, 10:53 AM
This doesn't ignite any recruitment excitement in me.

bowtown
12-02-2010, 10:58 AM

No burning Embrees?

Liquid Courage
12-02-2010, 11:00 AM
just look at what that TE Coach did for the Golden Gophers . . . hopefully this one will fair a bit better.

Tombstone RJ
12-02-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16759314?_requestid=45244

interesting...

McCartney says the intent was to hire a black coach all along? Or, am I misreading what he said.

Correction, if McCartney was hired, it was to groom a black coach to take over.

Either way, seems a bit too politcally correct for me, but that's CU for you. It's not about winning, it's about toting the liberal agenda ad nausium...

misturanderson
12-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Would Bieniemy have been a better choice as HC? I was hearing a lot of good things about these guys on CJ and Klatt yesterday. It seems like it was what most of the former CU football players wanted.

misturanderson
12-02-2010, 11:11 AM
McCartney says the intent was to hire a black coach all along? Or, am I misreading what he said.

Either way, seems a bit too politcally correct for me, but that's CU for you. It's not about winning, it's about toting the liberal agenda ad nausium...
I don't think that their skin color really mattered. It was their intent to groom/hire one of those 2 former CU guys all along. Not sure why he specifically said "black" as if that was a driving force.

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2010, 11:15 AM
However, Colorado spokesman Dave Plati said: "[Athletic director] Mike [Bohn] has not offered the job to anyone at this point. Rumors, everyone wanting to be first."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-02-2010, 11:16 AM

Actually, it's about recruiting.

Boulder is racially-challenged and has been for years. Bring in a black head football coach, and it starts to change the lillywhite image of the campus and administration.

But while we're on the topic of ad nauseum, your constant berating of anything left of center, and your disgusting habit of injecting political dialog where there was none previously, is really getting old.

To each his own, I suppose.

Tombstone RJ
12-02-2010, 11:21 AM

Boulder is racially-challenged and has been for years. Bring in a black head football coach, and it starts to change the lillywhite image of the campus and administration.

But while we're on the topic of ad nauseum, your constant berating of anything left of center, and your disgusting habit of injecting political dialog where there was none previously, is really getting old.

I admit, I don't like what CU has become. I "appears" to me that it is a university that has more ties with all things CA, than it does with Colorado. Since I grew up in Colorado, I don't like what CU has become, even though when I was younger, CU and Boulder always was a very liberal town. That being said, it seems CU has linked itself with CA and moving to the PAC 10 just confirms that for me.

Yah, I need to get over it. My bad...

Hercules Rockefeller
12-02-2010, 11:22 AM

Then you don't know recruiting, he was a great recruiter at CU and UCLA.

This doesn't do much for me. I know Bohn's said no one has been offered the job yet, but if it is JE, I'd have to see his staff before I got excited.

strafen
12-02-2010, 11:23 AM
CU has not made an offer to anyone for the HC position.
They will be doing that in the next few days according to the latest reports on the Ticket

_Oro_
12-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet let's get back to the CU tradition of having awesome tight ends and running backs.

Rohirrim
12-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Then you don't know recruiting, he was a great recruiter at CU and UCLA.

This doesn't do much for me. I know Bohn's said no one has been offered the job yet, but if it is JE, I'd have to see his staff before I got excited.

Well, at least we know the TE position will flourish.

crowebomber
12-02-2010, 11:39 AM

Even if they did want to hire a black coach, you don't come out and say it. They'll take some heat on this one.

Second, as for helping with recruiting - yeah, Ricardo Patton did wonders for the basketball program.

Mile High Shack
12-02-2010, 11:41 AM
who? http://www.emeraldforestbirds.com/CustomerGallery/JoanEmbery.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Even if they did want to hire a black coach, you don't come out and say it. They'll take some heat on this one.

Second, as for helping with recruiting - yeah, Ricardo Patton did wonders for the basketball program.

They didn't. McCartney allegedly did. He's not associated with the University in any present capacity.

enjolras
12-02-2010, 11:57 AM

+1 on this.

mkporter
12-02-2010, 01:46 PM

Yeah, because McCartney being involved screams liberal agenda.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-02-2010, 01:47 PM

+1

Exactly.

worm
12-02-2010, 01:47 PM
Hold everything! We need to run this by the 'Search committee' before we announce the hire.

tsiguy96
12-02-2010, 01:50 PM
he has verbally accepted the offer, fyi.

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2010, 02:13 PM

really

edog24
12-02-2010, 02:24 PM

Fawk, not what I was hoping for.

That One Guy
12-02-2010, 02:33 PM

I don't know anything about CU and just came into this thread to see if folks were happy or crying again but this line confused me.

You change the overall image of a school by bringing in someone with the intent that they'll bring in black athletes? Really? You can bring in the Grand Wizard of the KKK as coach and you'll end up with black athletes.

Blacks in sports aren't exactly rare. The notion that a black guy will bring in more made me :giggle:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-02-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't know anything about CU and just came into this thread to see if folks were happy or crying again but this line confused me.

You change the overall image of a school by bringing in someone with the intent that they'll bring in black athletes? Really? You can bring in the Grand Wizard of the KKK as coach and you'll end up with black athletes.

Blacks in sports aren't exactly rare. The notion that a black guy will bring in more made me :giggle:

I didn't say it would change the overall image at the school. However, a black person in a position of power at an institution that has never taken a step like this before can and will make a difference in recruiting black athletes.

People flock to folks who look like them. Doesn't make them racist. It's a human trait.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming. Since colleges routinely send black assistants to recruits' homes to gauge interest. Sending a black head coach to a recruit's home will show that, yes, there are people who look like you in this town 35 minutes west of Denver which you've heard is only for rich white kids.

TonyR
12-02-2010, 02:51 PM
McCartney also has been considered a candidate for the job. He told the Post that one plan was for him to take the job, bring in Embree and Minnesota Vikings assistant head coach/offense Eric Bieniemy as assistants, and groom one of the two to become the head coach after a period of a few years.

According to McCartney, the school elected to eliminate him from contention, and the Buffaloes' coach from 1982 to 1994 said he pushed for Embree and Bieniemy, two of his former players, to succeed to Dan Hawkins, who was fired last month.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5875594

I like the sound of the bolded part better. Too bad.

broncswin
12-02-2010, 02:52 PM
I am reading in other forums that EB is supposedly coming over to be the OC...if this is ture, then I am very happy with this hire...you have two guys who recruit very well in JE and EB...they recruit well in Cali, which is huge right now!

broncswin
12-02-2010, 02:53 PM
McCartney also has been considered a candidate for the job. He told the Post that one plan was for him to take the job, bring in Embree and Minnesota Vikings assistant head coach/offense Eric Bieniemy as assistants, and groom one of the two to become the head coach after a period of a few years.

According to McCartney, the school elected to eliminate him from contention, and the Buffaloes' coach from 1982 to 1994 said he pushed for Embree and Bieniemy, two of his former players, to succeed to Dan Hawkins, who was fired last month.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5875594

I like the sound of the bolded part better. Too bad.

was posting when you put that up...I think we get both

NFLBRONCO
12-02-2010, 02:53 PM
If EB comes too I feel alot better

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-02-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm curious why Embree would be the choice over Bienemy for HC.

Jens1893
12-02-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm curious why Embree would be the choice over Bienemy for HC.

Scooter has baggage from his playing days, Embo doesn┤t.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Do not like the Mac/former players power play where they basically forced Bohn into hiring JE or EB as HC.

Do not like that Bohn let it happen.

Really hope this works out though.

titan
12-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Embree is not a big name but I like the hire. It's all about recruiting and Embree recruited some top talent when he was a college assistant. The rumored staff he is assembling also has some great recruiters (including Bieniemy). Much better hire than Hawkins was (if the Buffs had hired Embree 5 years ago, instead of Hawk, they'd be much better off now)

Broncoman13
12-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Who is some of the other rumored staff? Don't know enough about Embree to say yay or nay. If he puts out a strong product, then I am happy for The local CU faithful. Not a CU guy myself, but I will always cheer for the local teams.

broncswin
12-02-2010, 08:44 PM
If this happens, I will be pumped...these are two guys who can recruit big name players...It also helps that these two have been in the nfl recently...kids want to play for guys that have fresh knowledge about the next level...JMHO

strafen
12-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice to see CU doing what it needs to do to turn things around.
If true, Embree/Bienemy will bring unity to the team and restore the Buffs hopes for national recognition...

Being able to establish a stout running game, will go a long way in college football, I believe those two coaches will do great thing for the Buffs.
Good news!

theAPAOps5
12-02-2010, 09:38 PM

Except he wasn't involved because the mind of mush faculty up there ruled him out because of his personal belief. I love that school and its history but they leadership and faculty make me sick.

And let me say, I am not a devout Christian. I just believe that personal belief and faith shouldn't be held against you for a job.

enjolras
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Except he wasn't involved because the mind of mush faculty up there ruled him out because of his personal belief. I love that school and its history but they leadership and faculty make me sick.

And let me say, I am not a devout Christian. I just believe that personal belief and faith shouldn't be held against you for a job.

When has that happened at CU? I've met quite a bit of the leadership at the university on various occasions. I know, for instance, that at least two of the college deans are quite religious. I'm not sure where this discrimanation on faith comes in exactly.

I think far too often the school and the town get mixed up in peoples minds. The city government of Boulder can be pretty nuts (and I'm a pretty liberal guy). The school really not so much.

mkporter
12-02-2010, 10:47 PM

I don't think it's very likely that they passed him over because of his beliefs. More likely they just want a new face. They apparently took his lobbying into consideration in picking Embree and EB.

spdirty
12-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Love the hire. Not my first choice but we got a guy who is passionate about the Buffs. Not some douche, who knows nothing about the state, let alone the universty, who will take the job as either a stepping stone or something to do after being bored with retirement. It isn't a "step up" for the "hot coach" hoping to reach his dream job someday, this IS Embrees dream job. If he gets it done he will be here for a long time. Now if he brings EB here thats a wet dream. He will be able to recruit not only California extremely well, but will probably put a wall up preventing the 1 or 2 blue chippers Colorado produces every year to leave the state.

Don't care much about the attention his skin color gets, but very happy with this hire. I think he will do great things here, and I look forward to going to a few Buffs games next year.

strafen
12-02-2010, 11:15 PM
Love the hire. Not my first choice but we got a guy who is passionate about the Buffs. Not some douche, who knows nothing about the state, let alone the universty, who will take the job as either a stepping stone or something to do after being bored with retirement. It isn't a "step up" for the "hot coach" hoping to reach his dream job someday, this IS Embrees dream job. If he gets it done he will be here for a long time. Now if he brings EB here thats a wet dream. He will be able to recruit not only California extremely well, but will probably put a wall up preventing the 1 or 2 blue chippers Colorado produces every year to leave the state.

Don't care much about the attention his skin color gets, but very happy with this hire. I think he will do great things here, and I look forward to going to a few Buffs games next year.

Dang, I haven't been this excited about the Buffs in a long time :thumbsup:

Broncoman13
12-03-2010, 05:55 AM
I didn't say it would change the overall image at the school. However, a black person in a position of power at an institution that has never taken a step like this before can and will make a difference in recruiting black athletes.

People flock to folks who look like them. Doesn't make them racist. It's a human trait.

Or maybe I'm just dreaming. Since colleges routinely send black assistants to recruits' homes to gauge interest. Sending a black head coach to a recruit's home will show that, yes, there are people who look like you in this town 35 minutes west of Denver which you've heard is only for rich white kids.

May not be putting it in the best words but I think I agree with the general message. But I hope the guy was selected more on merit then skin color. Is what it is tho... I kind of liked the idea of Mac grooming both JE and EB until one or the other was ready. I know plenty about EB, this JE must have something going for him to get the nod ahead of EB.

Broncoman13
12-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Nice to see CU doing what it needs to do to turn things around.
If true, Embree/Bienemy will bring unity to the team and restore the Buffs hopes for national recognition...

Being able to establish a stout running game, will go a long way in college football, I believe those two coaches will do great thing for the Buffs.
Good news!

They were talking on the radio yesterday that they would also restore the CU traditions, including putting all the pictures of former players back up. Never understood why Hawk wanted to get rid of all of that? Maybe trying to restore an image by starting fresh?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-03-2010, 06:04 AM

Wait... WHAT?

Couldn't be that the guy is 70 years old and his "they were just bringing me along so that they could hire a black dude" comment makes me wonder somewhat about his senility. Nope. Religion.

tsiguy96
12-03-2010, 06:05 AM
Wait... WHAT?

Couldn't be that the guy is 70 years old and his "they were just bringing me along so that they could hire a black dude" comment makes me wonder somewhat about his senility. Nope. Religion.

i dont follow this much, but the old guy who was a candidate said that? hahahaha thats awesome

spdirty
12-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Wait... WHAT?

Bull****. Mac is nowhere near his "out in the wild blue yonder" years yet. Listen to this interview. You have to scroll down to CJ and Klatt show about halfway down the page and the interview was today. The man could coach today and do well if he really wanted to.

http://877theticket.com/page.php?page_id=60

Broncos_OTM
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM

Why dont you practice what you preach and keep the polotics out. Cause i sure know i dont care to hear your left of center crap

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Why dont you practice what you preach and keep the polotics out. Cause i sure know i dont care to hear your left of center crap

I did keep the politics out. Read the thread again, tough guy.

strafen
12-03-2010, 10:52 PM
May not be putting it in the best words but I think I agree with the general message. But I hope the guy was selected more on merit then skin color. Is what it is tho... I kind of liked the idea of Mac grooming both JE and EB until one or the other was ready. I know plenty about EB, this JE must have something going for him to get the nod ahead of EB.I doubt this was a PC hire.
I think Embree is qualified for the job, no doubt.
He has experiece at the next level, and so does Bienemy.
I think he will be a good fit. Paired with EB would make a powerful team...

spdirty
12-03-2010, 11:10 PM
I doubt this was a PC hire.

Some folks are just Negative Nancys who are pissed off they didn't get their lilly white coach. Its OK. They're the same people who think we need to "make a splash" by getting the sexy hire. Its their formula for success. I mean how can anyone forget the splashes we made and the unparalleled success that followed when hiring Chuck Fairbanks and Dan Hawkins?

strafen
12-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Some folks are just Negative Nancys who are pissed off they didn't get their lilly white coach. Its OK. They're the same people who think we need to "make a splash" by getting the sexy hire. Its their formula for success. I mean how can anyone forget the splashes we made and the unparalleled success that followed when hiring Chuck Fairbanks and Dan Hawkins?

Different personalities, man.
Hawkins always struck me as impatient.
These are low-key guys that players can listen to, and play for...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-04-2010, 06:37 AM
I don't think this was a PC hire, and I don't think they would have hired Embree if they didn't think he was qualified. But I do think they were looking to change how this team was viewed nationally.

Broncoman13
12-04-2010, 07:54 AM
I doubt this was a PC hire.

After listening to Coach Mac yesterday, I understand the plan. Gonna take a couple years, but it has the potential to really do well. If you haven't listened to the interview from yesterday you really need to! 87.7 the Ticket.

Broncoman13
12-04-2010, 07:57 AM

You completely missed the point of what my question was. And in all honesty, like I originally said, I didn't know much about the dynamics of the situation. That is why I was asking questions not attacking a hire that I knew nothing about. But feel free to get upset about it.

spdirty
12-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Different personalities, man.
Hawkins always struck me as impatient.
These are low-key guys that players can listen to, and play for...

Hawkins might have worked great here if he would have done what he said he would do in the interview and brought his Boise staff with him. But not a single coach followed him out here and we got what we got.

spdirty
12-04-2010, 08:45 AM
You completely missed the point of what my question was. And in all honesty, like I originally said, I didn't know much about the dynamics of the situation. That is why I was asking questions not attacking a hire that I knew nothing about. But feel free to get upset about it.

I was talking about those who think this is the worst possible hire we ever could have had because his name isnt Bellotti, Leach, Peterson, Bowden, Harbaugh, or McDaniels. Its not sexy enough for them so they hate it. Unless you fit into that category I wasn't talking about you.

spdirty
12-04-2010, 09:01 AM
his rumored staff.

HC - Embree...Jon's accomplishments are well-documented

OC and RBs coach - Eric Bieniemy...also well-documented

QBs coach - Walt Harris - Former HC at Pitt and Stanford

OL Coach - Steve Marshall - Was the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and North Carolina. Running game Coordinator/ OL coach at Tennessee. OL coach for the Houston Texans and Cleveland Browns. Coached OL at CU in 2001 Big 12 title season. Currently the OL coach at Cal.

WRs coach - Bobby Kennedy - Current WRs coach and asst. recruiting coordinator at Texas. Originally from Boulder. Known as one of the best recruiters in the nation. Coached Wrs at Wake Forest and Wyoming. Also coached RBs at Wake, Arizona and Washington. Has coached in, and won two national title games

TEs coach - to be determined, but there is another very exciting name here that I cannot yet confirm

DC - Greg Brown...well-documented

DL coaches - Mike Tuiasosopo and Kanavis McGhee - Mike is the current DL coach at Arizona and has also coached DL at Utah State and D-tackles at Utah. Mike is known as one of the very best recruiters in the Pac-10 - especially of Polynesian players. He has great connections in Hawaii and Los Angeles. Kanavis is a former Buff great with incredible connections to the Houston area as he was the HC at Sterling HS. He coached defensive linemen professionally with the Amsterdam Admirals and is currently the LBs coach at Gannon University (PA).

LBs coach - Either Brian Cabral or Greg Biekert...both well-documented.

DBs coach - Ashley Ambrose

The word is both Ambrose and McGhee will also coach STs.

Director of Football Ops - Jashon Sykes.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/55362-Embree-Staff

Broncoman13
12-04-2010, 09:09 AM
So is it confirmed yet that Bienemy is coming? Who else might be on their coaching staff? Will they keep Cobrall (sp?) around as well? Who will coach the defense? Can CU offer enough $ to EB to be the OC? My understanding is that the OC currently makes around $250k... not nearly enough to lure EB out of Minny or the NFL for that matter.

I do like this hire. Sounds like JE and EB together will be excellent recruiters and in the Pac-12's own back yard with both being from California. I still think they have to raid Texas (proximity) and be successful in California to really compete in the Pac-12. They get the Texas pipeline going and that will help. There are several 3 and 4 star players in Texas that, due to the numbers, will not get offers to the big 3 or 4 schools that hit that region the hardest. With the emergence of TCU that is one more school CU will have to compete with for that talent. Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, LSU, and then CU can start competing with the TCUs, OK St.s, and TxTechs... all of which have been very successful taking the "left overs" from that Texas pipeline of talented HS players. And, IMO, CU has a lot to offer that Tech, OK St, and TCU cannot! Very excited to see what good recruiters can do for CU.

Broncoman13
12-04-2010, 09:14 AM
his rumored staff.

HC - Embree...Jon's accomplishments are well-documented

OC and RBs coach - Eric Bieniemy...also well-documented

QBs coach - Walt Harris - Former HC at Pitt and Stanford

OL Coach - Steve Marshall - Was the offensive coordinator at Texas A&M, Virginia Tech and North Carolina. Running game Coordinator/ OL coach at Tennessee. OL coach for the Houston Texans and Cleveland Browns. Coached OL at CU in 2001 Big 12 title season. Currently the OL coach at Cal.

WRs coach - Bobby Kennedy - Current WRs coach and asst. recruiting coordinator at Texas. Originally from Boulder. Known as one of the best recruiters in the nation. Coached Wrs at Wake Forest and Wyoming. Also coached RBs at Wake, Arizona and Washington. Has coached in, and won two national title games

TEs coach - to be determined, but there is another very exciting name here that I cannot yet confirm

DC - Greg Brown...well-documented

DL coaches - Mike Tuiasosopo and Kanavis McGhee - Mike is the current DL coach at Arizona and has also coached DL at Utah State and D-tackles at Utah. Mike is known as one of the very best recruiters in the Pac-10 - especially of Polynesian players. He has great connections in Hawaii and Los Angeles. Kanavis is a former Buff great with incredible connections to the Houston area as he was the HC at Sterling HS. He coached defensive linemen professionally with the Amsterdam Admirals and is currently the LBs coach at Gannon University (PA).

LBs coach - Either Brian Cabral or Greg Biekert...both well-documented.

DBs coach - Ashley Ambrose

The word is both Ambrose and McGhee will also coach STs.

Director of Football Ops - Jashon Sykes.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/55362-Embree-Staff

WOW! That is an impressive staff. In other news, I used to live about 3 miles away from Houston Sterling... not to be confused with Baytown Sterling.

Houston is known for producing some great football players, but mostly the stud athlete types that play the skill positions.

Jens1893
12-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Eric Bieniemy has accepted the job to be CU┤s OC.

spdirty
12-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Eric Bieniemy has accepted the job to be CU┤s OC.

Oh hell yeah!!! Gonna be a freaking bonanza!!! Hopefully we can keep him around for 5 years.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16777921

spdirty
12-04-2010, 12:43 PM

If you aren't excited now, go buy some Boise State **** and forget about CU.

Swedish Extrovert
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Is Brian Cabral still DC?

oubronco
12-04-2010, 01:30 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:VvfuhWEK7lg2IM:http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n220/cherizzledizzle/PissOnChiefs.jpg&t=1

Jens1893
12-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Is Brian Cabral still DC?

Cabral never was the DC. He┤s been interim HC twice, but he┤s been CU┤s LB coach for 10+ years. Arizona┤s Greg Brown is supposed to be the frontrunner for the DC job.

Broncos_OTM
12-04-2010, 04:27 PM
[/PHP]3029077]I did keep the politics out. Read the thread again, tough guy.i did and stand by what i said i have read your **** posts. So moose as i said go **** uerself

Hercules Rockefeller
12-04-2010, 04:32 PM
Hawkins might have worked great here if he would have done what he said he would do in the interview and brought his Boise staff with him. But not a single coach followed him out here and we got what we got.

Huh? Bandison, Riddle, and Collins followed him from Boise, I think 1 or 2 more also came and have since left. Peterson was coming until Boise offered him the HC spot.

spdirty
12-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Huh? Bandison, Riddle, and Collins followed him from Boise, I think 1 or 2 more also came and have since left. Peterson was coming until Boise offered him the HC spot.

OK, thought Peterson kept the entire staff with him. Then I retract what I said.

strafen
12-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Cabral never was the DC. He┤s been interim HC twice, but he┤s been CU┤s LB coach for 10+ years. Arizona┤s Greg Brown is supposed to be the frontrunner for the DC job.

Things are definitely looking up for the Buffs! :thumbsup:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-05-2010, 06:41 AM
i did and stand by what i said i have read your **** posts. So moose as i said go **** uerself

Then you're a bigger moron than I thought originally, which is quite the feat.

If you'd read the thread, you'd know I didn't bring any left wing anything into it. Durr duh durr durr durr.

But hey, why have intelligent discourse when you can blame everything on the left and then tell someone to go **** themselves? Seems like a much better tactic, especially if you're a ****ing retard.

Mountain Bronco
12-06-2010, 08:23 AM

Totally agree. This was the right hire for CU, now there needs to be some time to allow for growth on the field and recruiting, although next years class needs to show improvement over this years class etc... etc... More wins is nice, but it won't happen in year 1 or even year two with the pathetic recruits left behind, but improvement needs to be seen.

With EB as the OC I am very excited to see where CU can go. If they can win the Pac 12 in 4 years that would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Lev Vyvanse
12-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Totally agree. This was the right hire for CU, now there needs to be some time to allow for growth on the field and recruiting, although next years class needs to show improvement over this years class etc... etc... More wins is nice, but it won't happen in year 1 or even year two with the pathetic recruits left behind, but improvement needs to be seen.

With EB as the OC I am very excited to see where CU can go. If they can win the Pac 12 in 4 years that would be a hell of an accomplishment.

Besides CB's the entire team is coming back. We have great skill positions with Clemons,áRichardson, and Speedy. The O-line is bigger then the Broncos line. If Hansen can step up the offense is going to be formidable. Talent is not the problem right now we just need to get these kids coached up.

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
If you aren't excited now, go buy some Boise State **** and forget about CU.

Eat **** and die, fan police.

Rohirrim
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
I figure that anybody but Hawkins will be a step up.

Jens1893
12-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Very impressive intro presser by Embo.

"People don┤t know about Colorado like they should. They don┤t know about our National Championship, one of the best kept secrets out there, our Heisman trophy, our Mackey award winners, our Buktus award winners, but they will now. I guarantee that!"

"At the end of the day you┤re going to judge me on my wins and losses."

"There are no excuses, only going out there and getting it done"