PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comments about Scarnecchia

crush17
12-01-2010, 11:13 AM
In response to this article on www.nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c8bce6/article/scandal-aside-broncos-cant-be-so-wishywashy-with-mcdaniels

I did not know this, but if its true, then I will be looking at this situation a lot differently.

Hello Mike , Thanks for giving your inside scoop on the long established practice of stealing signals in the NFL. CAN YOU PLEASE ELABORATE ON YOUR STATEMENT: "The perception lingers and memories of "Spygate" come storming back, in part, because McDaniels and Scarnecchia were associated with the scandal -- although on opposite ends . In fact ... Isn't it true that Steve Scarnecchia was actually the Jets’ director of video operations at the time that the Patriots were caught videotaping the Jets’ signals on opening day 2007 ? Most NFL fans are naive about what actually went down between the Patriots , Jets , and ultimately Roger Goodell . A gross injustice was committed that week ~ but not by the Patriots. As strange as it sounds ,it was actually the Patriots Organization that took the high road and fell on the sword while in fact it was Roger Goodell who committed the real crime. WHAT ? You see , the Pats submitted hours of video tape of OPPOSING TEAMS own videographers doing just what the Pats were accused of (Including the Jets Steve Scarnechia commiting the very same "heinous act ") The Pats willingly turned the footage over to the NFL front office where they were destroyed for the sake of the "integrity of the game". TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND NFL FANS . Goodell's hypocritical silence about the truth behind his "destroying of the tapes " was the real stain of SPYGATE. I repeat STEVE SCARNECCHIA WAS THE JETS VIDEOGRAPHER IN 2007 ~ Not a Pats staffer ( His prior offence was as a JET ...Look it up ) F'in IRONIC ...NO ? ( If you're a fan of the NFL and want to expose the hypocrite ROGER GOODELL for what he really is - Please cut n Paste this to a Blog sight near you ..thanx )

TonyR
12-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I did not know this, but if its true, then I will be looking at this situation a lot differently.

Steve Scarnecchia’s first offense was involvement with Patriots
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 27, 2010, 2:49 PM EST

When the NFL announced that the Broncos and head coach Josh McDaniels would be disciplined because former director of video operations Steve Scarnecchia had taped the 49ers’ walk-through last month, it referred to Scarnecchia as a repeat offender. But the NFL’s announcement didn’t explain what Scarnecchia’s prior offense was.

PFT has learned that Scarnecchia’s first offense was being part of the Patriots’ video operations — even though he left New England after the 2004 season and wasn’t part of the team during the infamous Spygate matter of 2007.

In fact, Scarnecchia was actually the Jets’ director of video operations at the time that the Patriots were caught videotaping the Jets’ signals.

Now Scarnecchia has been fired for cause, and it seems highly unlikely that he’ll ever work in the NFL again. He may need to update his Linkedin profile.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/steve-scarnecchias-first-offense-was-involvement-with-patriots/related/

gyldenlove
12-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Steve Scarnecchia’s first offense was involvement with Patriots
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 27, 2010, 2:49 PM EST

When the NFL announced that the Broncos and head coach Josh McDaniels would be disciplined because former director of video operations Steve Scarnecchia had taped the 49ers’ walk-through last month, it referred to Scarnecchia as a repeat offender. But the NFL’s announcement didn’t explain what Scarnecchia’s prior offense was.

PFT has learned that Scarnecchia’s first offense was being part of the Patriots’ video operations — even though he left New England after the 2004 season and wasn’t part of the team during the infamous Spygate matter of 2007.

In fact, Scarnecchia was actually the Jets’ director of video operations at the time that the Patriots were caught videotaping the Jets’ signals.

Now Scarnecchia has been fired for cause, and it seems highly unlikely that he’ll ever work in the NFL again. He may need to update his Linkedin profile.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/steve-scarnecchias-first-offense-was-involvement-with-patriots/related/

Unfortunately people are stupid.

The Patriots were punished in the spy gate affair for video taping opponents all the way back to 2000 when Belichick was first hired, not for the game in 2007. So Scarnecchia was involved for 4 years with video taping opponents as part of the Patriots organization.

I am not sure who that utter douchenuzzle is who wrote the original comment, but I do hope he never has kids.

colonelbeef
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM

The Patriots were punished in the spy gate affair for video taping opponents all the way back to 2000 when Belichick was first hired, not for the game in 2007. So Scarnecchia was involved for 4 years with video taping opponents as part of the Patriots organization.

I am not sure who that utter douchenuzzle is who wrote the original comment, but I do hope he never has kids.

Lol, exactly.

People will say literally anything to defend McDaniels, pathetic.

bendog
12-01-2010, 12:36 PM

OK, I plead stupid. I took the guy off my ignore list that I last touched in 2009 to read this thred.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Lol, exactly.

People will say literally anything to defend McDaniels, pathetic.

Boy, absolutely everything to you can be broken down in pro- or anti-McDaniels stances, can't it?

Wife left you? Well, she was defending McDaniels. Pathetic.

Someone cut you off in traffic? McDaniels defender. Awful.

But that good priest at your church... boy, is he ever Anti-McDaniels. Good guy to be around and learn from.

I find it remarkable that you boil everything down in these terms.

PRBronco
12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Boy, absolutely everything to you can be broken down in pro- or anti-McDaniels stances, can't it?

Wife left you? Well, she was defending McDaniels. Pathetic.

Someone cut you off in traffic? McDaniels defender. Awful.

But that good priest at your church... boy, is he ever Anti-McDaniels. Good guy to be around and learn from.

I find it remarkable that you boil everything down in these terms.

The weather is such a McD homer today :(

I got a raise! Fire McDaniels-tastic!

TonyR
12-01-2010, 12:57 PM

I have to agree. The OP said nothing indicative of a pro-McDaniels argument that I can see.