PDA

View Full Version : Derek Anderson

Mogulseeker
11-30-2010, 06:00 AM
In AZ after a loss haha -

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jErsW7rgHBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jErsW7rgHBs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ohiobronco2
11-30-2010, 07:20 AM
The reporter was a jerk.

edog24
11-30-2010, 07:25 AM
I wish we had a guy with some nuts to do that.

Mogulseeker
11-30-2010, 09:57 AM
The reporter was a jerk.

Yeah, I don't know why you would ask that question.

Lev Vyvanse
11-30-2010, 10:03 AM

This is exactly what I was thinking.
I watched that video and I said to myself "self, I wish Derek Anderson was our QB"
http://playstationeu.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/17728i4CDE7F43B45BFD8E/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

bowtown
11-30-2010, 10:04 AM

To do what? Get slaughtered on the field and then yell at the press? Great point. Uhh

Eldorado
11-30-2010, 10:05 AM
DA sounded smart.

Mogulseeker
11-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Dude, I don't want a guy who loses his cool. An intelligent QB would have played it off... perhaps he could have been more honest - told the reporter it was a sarcastic laugh or something like that before making an ass of himself.

BroncosMT
11-30-2010, 10:08 AM
i am not so sure.....I think the reporter was asking a question that was or probably would be on fans minds....when you are getting slaughtered in front of the whole nation what is there to laugh about? I mean don't get me wrong....I think there are a lot of moments to laugh....not sure that is the best one especially when your butt is getting handed to you.

Mogulseeker
11-30-2010, 10:10 AM
i am not so sure.....I think the reporter was asking a question that was or probably would be on fans minds....when you are getting slaughtered in front of the whole nation what is there to laugh about? I mean don't get me wrong....I think there are a lot of moments to laugh....not sure that is the best one especially when your butt is getting handed to you.

Plus he was defensive... I don't want a QB with a selfish attitude like that. He was obviously only trying to defend his image.

UberBroncoMan
11-30-2010, 10:30 AM
DA's going to throw 3-4 TD's over for 300 yards and get sacked 0-2 times vs us.

SonOfLe-loLang
11-30-2010, 10:39 AM
Plus he was defensive... I don't want a QB with a selfish attitude like that. He was obviously only trying to defend his image.

Selfish? He was pissed off.

Mogulseeker
11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
Selfish? He was pissed off.

The best thing to do in that situation is to play that off. Anderson took it personal, which most people probably would do, but he is a professional. The smart, TEAM thing to do would play it off. This isn't about HIM. Yeah, it was selfish... he got defensive after someone challenged how serious he was.

Al Wilson
11-30-2010, 10:52 AM
Nothing was wrong with the question. Anderson is an idiot for going off like that. And he's been garbage all year ... I don't how some of you are saying you wish he was here or if we had a guy like that.

bendog
11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
The best thing to do in that situation is to play that off. Anderson took it personal, which most people probably would do, but he is a professional. The smart, TEAM thing to do would play it off. This isn't about HIM. Yeah, it was selfish... he got defensive after someone challenged how serious he was.

It was personal,and he may have had every reason to be pissed off. The camera was on him for seconds. He may have been laughing at something that was appropriately funny. If the camera had followed him for awhile and shown him to be goofing around, then it's a story.

I remember a game where Larry Walker was just sitting aroung laughing and not paying any attention when I'd plopped down my money to make him rich. I was pissed and I still home the jerk stays out of Den.

Br0nc0Buster
11-30-2010, 10:57 AM
"nothings funny to me" - Derek Anderson

his qb play is funny to me though

Pontius Pirate
11-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Cards take Ryan Mallet at #5 in the draft. Mark my words.

Or Andrew Luck, if Carolina passes on him.

Hogan11
11-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying

bendog
11-30-2010, 11:42 AM
if the cards take Mallet and Den could have, and Tebow is a bust, I will personally follow McD into the after life and rip his little head off.

Br0nc0Buster
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM
if the cards take Mallet and Den could have, and Tebow is a bust, I will personally follow McD into the after life and rip his little head off.

let em have Mallet
he is quite overrated

HILife
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
I say we fire McDaniels, cut Orton, cut Tebow, cut Quinn and bring in Derek Anderson to be our Defense Back coach. He knows a little something about INTs.

HILife
11-30-2010, 12:58 PM
This is exactly what I was thinking.
I watched that video and I said to myself "self, I wish Derek Anderson was our QB"
http://playstationeu.i.lithium.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/17728i4CDE7F43B45BFD8E/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/b9vfl4b63jmskk405zV2U3BYo1_500.jpg

zdoor
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Dude has a mean golf game... QB skills... Not so much

oubronco
11-30-2010, 02:33 PM
I don't see what the big deal is

SonOfLe-loLang
11-30-2010, 02:57 PM

Maybe misguided, i dont think selfish is the correct word here

cutthemdown
11-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Anderson stinks. I was watching the game and when they showed him laughing on sidelines I said to myself I bet Cards fans won't find that funny.

Let's face it the only difference in the team is they lost Warner. It's bad for Anderson because it's all on him. Well and Lienart whose not around to face the music anymore.

Arizona went from Superbowl contenders to crap.

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Derek Anderson is a douche and a ****ty QB, but that reporter needed popped in the face.

I understand asking the initial question, but he followed up with about 5 or 6 smart ass questions and was goading him.

I know it looks bad when you are laughing on the sidelines, but when a camera is trained on you all the time, they are bound to capture a reaction that looks bad eventually....they could have been laughing about a lot of things besides the game or they could have been sharing a little gallows humor about how bad the game was going.

strafen
11-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Anderson stinks. I was watching the game and when they showed him laughing on sidelines I said to myself I bet Cards fans won't find that funny.

Let's face it the only difference in the team is they lost Warner. It's bad for Anderson because it's all on him. Well and Lienart whose not around to face the music anymore.

Arizona went from Superbowl contenders to crap.They definitely miss Kurt Warner. They can use a good QB. On top of that, they've also lost Boldin to Baltimore...

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2010, 11:49 PM
They definitely miss Kurt Warner. They can use a good QB. On top of that, they've also lost Boldin to Baltimore...

Not to mention Karlos Dansby to the Dolphins and Antrel Rolle to the Giants.

SouthStndJunkie
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
Arizona was stupid for not keeping Matt Leinart around this year.

Derek Anderson sucks....Matt Leinart may never be any good either, but this year would have been a good opportunity for them to find out one way or the other.

RonDaChamp24
12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Nothing was wrong with the question. Anderson is an idiot for going off like that. And he's been garbage all year ... I don't how some of you are saying you wish he was here or if we had a guy like that.

I agree with you. Anderson had a right to be upset because it makes him seem like he's not taking it serious but it's a valid question. Why was he laughing when they're down 18 points in the 4th quarter? He says he isn't and that he takes it serious but the camera doesn't lie. He was laughing on the sideline in front of the whole nation while getting blown out. You don't see Peyton or Brady doing that on the sideline if they're losing. I got pissed when I saw Orton laughing after we lost to SD. It's annoying to me. Sometimes it sucks to know that the fans take these game MUCH more seriously than the people playing it that we root for.

broncosteven
12-01-2010, 01:00 AM
I don't care if players are laughing on the sidelines of games, they are professionals and getting paid to play on the field not cry with the fan base when they are getting ass pounded on national TV.

It is a non-issue. Read into body language on the field, when they are off the field who knows what they are talking about or trying to do to keep from imploding?

Remember that movie that Saturday night live dude made about following the Bo-Sox to a WS and they saw a player after a loss in the playoffs eating a steak and having fun like the game never happened and they got pissed about it.

Kaylore
12-01-2010, 05:27 AM
It is a stupid question, but it was a worse answer. And I see this question on here a lot after loses. I agree with Rome when he said all he needed to was say his teammate tried to cheer him up with a joke and it didn't work.

BroncosMT
12-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Anderson has always been a clown....he had what one good year???? AZ needs to give Max Hall the reigns the rest of the year and give him experience to truly see what they have.....Anderson certainly isn't the answer.....Hall has some maturity to him....just needs the experience

Pontius Pirate
12-01-2010, 09:01 AM
Derek Anderson is a douche and a ****ty QB, but that reporter needed popped in the face.

I understand asking the initial question, but he followed up with about 5 or 6 smart ass questions and was goading him.

I know it looks bad when you are laughing on the sidelines, but when a camera is trained on you all the time, they are bound to capture a reaction that looks bad eventually....they could have been laughing about a lot of things besides the game or they could have been sharing a little gallows humor about how bad the game was going.

Anderson should've just answered it - he could've said, "Man, sometimes when you're under so much stress, you just laugh. It's like dark humor. I can see how it would be perceived negatively, and so I apologize for it."

Instead, he kept saying, "nothing's funny!" and so the reporter logically kept after him for saying "then why were you laughing."

I.e. if DA would've just answered it, the reporter wouldn't have badgered him

Mogulseeker
12-01-2010, 09:39 AM
I agree with you. Anderson had a right to be upset because it makes him seem like he's not taking it serious but it's a valid question. Why was he laughing when they're down 18 points in the 4th quarter? He says he isn't and that he takes it serious but the camera doesn't lie. He was laughing on the sideline in front of the whole nation while getting blown out. You don't see Peyton or Brady doing that on the sideline if they're losing. I got pissed when I saw Orton laughing after we lost to SD. It's annoying to me. Sometimes it sucks to know that the fans take these game MUCH more seriously than the people playing it that we root for.

And it's stupid to take it that seriously.

It's a ****ing game. Visiting the FC Barcelona museum/stadium put all this into perspective for me... for a lot of the football teams here in Europe the club represents a culture and often a political ideology. FC Barcelona was started by a Left-Wing Catalan succession group, and to this day the team identifies with liberal politics and Catalan culture.

Just sayin' football isn't a huge deal. The Broncos are a big part of Denver culture and it plugs us in to the national forum (ie, when you're with perfect strangers, you can always talk football).

That said, I think we can conclude that Derek Anderson is rather unintelligent for losing his cool.

Mogulseeker
12-01-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't care if players are laughing on the sidelines of games, they are professionals and getting paid to play on the field not cry with the fan base when they are getting ass pounded on national TV.

It is a non-issue. Read into body language on the field, when they are off the field who knows what they are talking about or trying to do to keep from imploding?

Remember that movie that Saturday night live dude made about following the Bo-Sox to a WS and they saw a player after a loss in the playoffs eating a steak and having fun like the game never happened and they got pissed about it.

Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon. Terrible movie. Anything with Fallon is pretty bad, actually.

Anderson should've just answered it - he could've said, "Man, sometimes when you're under so much stress, you just laugh. It's like dark humor. I can see how it would be perceived negatively, and so I apologize for it."

Instead, he kept saying, "nothing's funny!" and so the reporter logically kept after him for saying "then why were you laughing."

Holy ****! Something rational from one of the biggest assclowns on this forum...

broncosteven
12-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon. Terrible movie. Anything with Fallon is pretty bad, actually.

Holy ****! Something rational from one of the biggest assclowns on this forum...

It wasn't a great movie, which is why I didn't remember the name but the scene was dead on about the difference between how fans react from a loss and how the players do.

Gort
12-01-2010, 02:32 PM

Anderson should have just said to the reporter... "we were laughing about that train a bunch of us players ran on your wife last weekend while you were at work trying to meet a deadline for your sh*tty column".

that would have shut up that smarmy reporter.

Mogulseeker
12-01-2010, 02:45 PM
It wasn't a great movie, which is why I didn't remember the name but the scene was dead on about the difference between how fans react from a loss and how the players do.

Question:

If the company you work for performs poorly but you get a promotion, do you celebrate?

KipCorrington25
12-01-2010, 07:57 PM
It was a fair question the guy was laughing and laughing pretty hard.

People on here had their panties in a bunch when Brandon Lloyd was caught laughing on the bench in the Oakland game. Funny no Denver media asked about it.

Mogulseeker
12-02-2010, 05:35 AM
It was a fair question the guy was laughing and laughing pretty hard.

People on here had their panties in a bunch when Brandon Lloyd was caught laughing on the bench in the Oakland game. Funny no Denver media asked about it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPuF2O7rwFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PPuF2O7rwFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Embarrassed grin.