PDA

View Full Version : Paige: Broncos should turn to Elway to clean up mess

Bronco Rob
11-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Paige: Broncos should turn to Elway to clean up mess

The savior of the Broncos in 1983 could be the best man to salvage the franchise in 2010.

John Elway.

Why not hire the most successful, renowned and honored player in Broncos history to a newly created position of executive vice president, football operations?

Why not let The Duke of Denver help turn around the team that has been characterized as "a laughingstock of the NFL," the Buffalo Bills West?

Why not now?

Elway, according to an impeccable source, "would accept an offer to rejoin the Broncos in a full- time executive position."

Elway and Joe Ellis, chief operating officer of the Broncos, did not comment on the possibility Monday, although there appears to be interest on both sides.

Elway has become involved again with the Broncos this year in a marketing capacity (particularly before the game in London) and as a team motivator-adviser (particularly before the game against Kansas City).

The Broncos have not experienced such rock-bottom plights and predicaments since 1976 and 1982.

In '76, "The Dirty Dozen," 12 veteran players, caused a firestorm in Denver by meeting secretly with the ownership and revolting publicly against coach-general manager John Ralston, accusing him of incompetence. Ralston ended up being relieved as GM, then, shortly after, fired as coach.

He was replaced by Fred Gehrke as general manager and Red Miller as coach, and the Broncos went to their first Super Bowl in the 1977 season.

Five years later, when Dan Reeves was the coach (after replacing Miller), the Broncos missed the postseason for the third consecutive season (and had no playoff victories since the Super Bowl appearance). The first players' strike, of 57 days, caused the cancellation of seven games. The Broncos finished with a 2-7 record, their worst (percentage) effort in more than a decade.

Along came John.

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_16738959

zdoor
11-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Go Woody...

Cmac821
11-30-2010, 05:28 AM
Who is this John guy?

I kid, I kid

Sassy
11-30-2010, 05:33 AM
LOL listening to the ticket this am...said Pages source happened to be the owner of a restuarant that they met at in Cherry Creek. Ha!

Kaylore
11-30-2010, 05:34 AM
John might not be qualified to be a "GM" but I wouldn't mind him in an advisory role.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 05:39 AM
I just wonder what his qualification is to be VP of Football Ops. I love the guy, and would really love to see him doing something with the Broncos, but this magic bullet theory is a bit too much for me.

McDman
11-30-2010, 05:50 AM
I just wonder what his qualification is to be VP of Football Ops. I love the guy, and would really love to see him doing something with the Broncos, but this magic bullet theory is a bit too much for me.

This. I love the guy nut he hasn't even worked in a FO yet.

Sassy
11-30-2010, 05:51 AM

But he does have football knowledge and business experience.

Broncoman13
11-30-2010, 05:52 AM
John might not be qualified to be a "GM" but I wouldn't mind him in an advisory role.

This is what I thought two years ago when the rumors first started about Elway being a part of the front office. I thought at the time (and still do) that he wasn't qualified... but two years into this debacle, I'm willing to give it a try. The upside is that of an Ozzie Newsome. The downside... well, Matt Millen.

But if Pat Bowlen really likes McD and would like to keep him around, there may not be a better move than bringing in John Elway. Good PR move, fans would support him and perhaps be more patient with him. And, hopefully, it would remove some of the responsibilities from McD. Elway could call the shots on his coaching staff and help surround him with talent... and if things went further south could make the call on the HC.

Right now, the coaching staff is so thin that they cannot fire McD and replace him internally. That has to be an issue with the front office. Can't give the job to Wink Martindale. McCoy...nope. Really, who does that leave? McD doesn't have a talented staff and he is partly (if not mainly) to blame for that. McD is going to have to concede some power and allow a staff of competent coaches. It will actually help him in the long run.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 05:55 AM

So do about 10% of the people on this board. Doesn't mean we should have them running a billion dollar franchise.

Elway is just as capable of falling in love with a prospect and overvaluing him as anyone else.

If it happens, I'll support it, but in no way do I think that Elway will magically fix everything.

strafen
11-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Wow, these people don't want to let go of McDaniels.
Now they have the cohones to question Elway's credentials.
Some freakin' people!

I guarantee you, Elway is way more qualify and have more brains to do whatever the guy wants to do than McDaniels does...

Fire McDaniels!

Sassy
11-30-2010, 06:02 AM
So do about 10% of the people on this board. Doesn't mean we should have them running a billion dollar franchise.

Elway is just as capable of falling in love with a prospect and overvaluing him as anyone else.

If it happens, I'll support it, but in no way do I think that Elway will magically fix everything.

No. It doesn't. But he does have the respect of the owner, the franchise and the players. Why not give him a shot?

montrose
11-30-2010, 06:03 AM
Makes sense - especially considering the fondness Bowlen and Ellis seem to have for McD. It would take some pressure off Josh, especially if Elway's role becomes very visable. And although it's a much lower level of talent - Elway did build the roster that won the AFL title.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Wow, these people don't want to let go of McDaniels.
Some freakin' people!

I guarantee you, Elway is way more qualify and have more brains to do whatever the guy wants to do than McDaniels does...

Fire McDaniels!

You really are a ****ing retard. Like, REALLY. Really, really, really, really retarded.

Look dip****: Why don't you explain Elway's "credentials" as anything other than a quarterback or a restauranteur and businessman? This isn't about questioning Elway, and it doesn't have anything to do with McDaniels. You're too ****ing stupid to realize that.

Just shut the **** up until you can manage to pull that giant head of yours out of your giant ass. Nobody gives a flying **** what you think, because nobody listens to morons and retards.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 06:15 AM
No. It doesn't. But he does have the respect of the owner, the franchise and the players. Why not give him a shot?

Hey, we're just talkin' it out here.

I don't think it will hurt the franchise. I also don't think it will solve everything. And i think there are better candidates out there.

/shrug

No, they wouldn't mean as much in a PR respect, but they could find more immediate success with the team.

illbroncsfn
11-30-2010, 06:28 AM
#7 is always #1 in my heart- advisory role for the broncos- I'm ok w/that......

Bill Parcells for G.M. would be the best move. Forbes had an article discussing the marked fiscal value of each time he has worked for- Bowlen should read the article (assuming he still can as his faculties are obviously taking a beating....) and make the right call....

zdoor
11-30-2010, 06:44 AM
You really are a ****ing retard. Like, REALLY. Really, really, really, really retarded.

Look dip****: Why don't you explain Elway's "credentials" as anything other than a quarterback or a restauranteur and businessman? This isn't about questioning Elway, and it doesn't have anything to do with McDaniels. You're too ****ing stupid to realize that.

Just shut the **** up until you can manage to pull that giant head of yours out of your giant ass. Nobody gives a flying **** what you think, because nobody listens to morons and retards.

Although its not nearly the same he did cut his teeth as an exec in the Arena League... I would say we'd have a better shot at Free Agents with Elway than staying status quo next year. He still commands some respect and at this point the existing staff is going to be questionable at best to most free agents.. I would definitely be excited to at least have his presence back in the organization... Wouldn't mind Parcells either

rugbythug
11-30-2010, 06:55 AM
I don't think most would like elway once he keeps mcd another year

errand
11-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Typical orangemane...the answer to everything is Elway....or Shanahan.

Doesn't Elway own an AFL franchise or two? Is he coaching them? the majority of good to great NFL coaches and front office people aren't former players.

Fire the coach and hire Elway. Yeah, that makes sense. Just like the **** head that wanted Kubiak to replace McDaniels...the same guy you morons were bitching about a few seasons ago...i recall half this site complaining about how predictable our offense was if we didn't score 24 or more in a game...and would be very vocal about how Kubiak sucked at playcalling. Now you morons want him back?

****ing pathetic....

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-30-2010, 06:56 AM
Fine. I'll post just enough to point out that a similar move worked for your beloved Texas Rangers when they brought Nolan Ryan into the front office. INSTANT respect among the players and potential free agents. I would say Ryan and Elway's business credentials were similar, but it's that respect factor and aura that makes the real difference.

/back to lurking

baja
11-30-2010, 07:08 AM
John could be in charge of the drinking games

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Fine. I'll post just enough to point out that a similar move worked for your beloved Texas Rangers when they brought Nolan Ryan into the front office. INSTANT respect among the players and potential free agents. I would say Ryan and Elway's business credentials were similar, but it's that respect factor and aura that makes the real difference.

/back to lurking

This is a very good point. Well done.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2010, 07:17 AM
Hopefully Bowlen would require him to dump that ex-Raiderette first.

footstepsfrom#27
11-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Just because a guy is successful on the field, or even in another business after jockdom, it doesn't mean he's a qualified candidate for an NFL GM's job. In any case, Elway's star couldn't possibly rise any higher in Denver than it already has, unless he won the governor's chair. Assuming he was offered the job...I don't think he will be...it's a risky move from a PR standpoint because if he fails at this, his stock goes down from where it is now. He doesn't need the money, doesn't seem to be driven to be in a job like this either. What incentive does he have to do this?

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm worried about the Michael Jordan factor, great players don't always make great bosses in the sports world.

I'm love #7 with all my heart, but I don't know if him being in the front office is the right move

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 07:23 AM
I'm worried about the Michael Jordan factor, great players don't always make great bosses in the sports world.

I'm love #7 with all my heart, but I don't know if him being in the front office is the right move

That's jizz' cue. He'll come bursting in at any moment to revoke your fan credentials and tell you that his mom put him in charge, so you're not a good enough Bronco fan anymore.

How dare you criticize someone who has never run an NFL front office before?!?!? His name is John Elway, which means he'll be successful at whatever he does, god dammit!

lostknight
11-30-2010, 07:33 AM
LOL listening to the ticket this am...said Pages source happened to be the owner of a restuarant that they met at in Cherry Creek. Ha!

If this is true, might it mean that a whole bunch of previously burned bridges have finally healed?

Rock Chalk
11-30-2010, 07:34 AM
I think the fact that Elway HAS run a successful professional sports team does mean he has at least SOME qualifications to do a job.

The talent level of that league wasn't as high as it is in the NFL but conversely, he was on the same playing field as the rest of his peers in the AFL and did well.

How much different is being in the FO of an Arena Football team compared to an NFL football team? I imagine there are a great deal of similarities and as others have mentioned he wouldnt be GM, but VP of Football Ops and I DO think he is qualified for that job.

vancejohnson82
11-30-2010, 07:43 AM

that kid knows nothing about what goes on behind the scenes with professional sports teams

your theory versus John stepping in can be traced to one man who was a GREAT player but had no clue what it came to when running a franchise or coaching:

Isiah Thomas

Gutless Drunk
11-30-2010, 07:49 AM
http://twitter.com/FakeJoshMcD

"Elway can't be GM. You don't put the most hated man in Denver (me) and the most loved (him) in the same office unless you're doing a sitcom"

strafen
11-30-2010, 07:50 AM
That's jizz' cue. He'll come bursting in at any moment to revoke your fan credentials and tell you that his mom put him in charge, so you're not a good enough Bronco fan anymore.Like he's been worng so far you mean?
And all you do is crying and b****ing about other posters?
Get your head out of your ass and say something intelligent for a change!

How dare you criticize someone who has never run an NFL team before?!?!? His name is Josh McDaniels, which means he'll be successful at whatever he does, god dammit!Fixed it for you...

colonelbeef
11-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Elway would be a good executive, just don't put him in a position where it is too work intensive. He is the type of guy who commands respect and could get the right people into the right places. Give him Joe Ellis's job.

colonelbeef
11-30-2010, 07:51 AM
That's jizz' cue. He'll come bursting in at any moment to revoke your fan credentials and tell you that his mom put him in charge, so you're not a good enough Bronco fan anymore.

How dare you criticize someone who has never run an NFL front office before?!?!? His name is John Elway, which means he'll be successful at whatever he does, god dammit!

Dude, have you been right about anything since McDaniels took over?

Literally everything you say is incorrect.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
I guess the only thing I worry about is Elway hurting his reputation

If he does a bad job, a little bit of his reputation will be soiled a bit......I guess I don't want to see my boyhood idol look bad, so it's kinda selfish I suppose

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2010, 07:58 AM
I guess the only thing I worry about is Elway hurting his reputation

If he does a bad job, a little bit of his reputation will be soiled a bit......I guess I don't want to see my boyhood idol look bad, so it's kinda selfish I suppose

see Exhibit A: The Governator

strafen

Your usual rant and insult laden posts.
That really, really, really shows how much of a moron you are.
Really, nobody cares about your constant and stupid insults.
If you really, really, really, really think insults make your point stronger, by all means, please continue on...

I laughed, because people like you are more likely to be a nerdy, doofus looking idiot hiding behind a computer hurling insults very comfortably from his chair to anyone he pleases.
In the real world, things are different. You or anybody talks to me in my face the way you talk to everybody here, I promise you, you won't be doing that again.

But, I hate to sound like interment macho man.
I'm not going to be the clown you are.
Just because you have homers backing you up under the old, hey, if you scratch my ass, I'll scratch yours, doesn't make the garbage spewing out of your foul mouth right.
Grow up, you ****ing moron!

Discuss the subject with intelligent debate. I know, you need to pull your head out of your ass to see more clearly, but give it a shot.
Don't derail a thread with your epic and now well established stupidity.
You are associated with foul mouth, rant, non-sense bull ****, fan police, homer, and a freakin' moron!

Mile High Shack
see Exhibit A: The Governator

or Michael Jordan for that matter

zdoor
11-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Right now we could use some stability and someone who brings respectability with him. Elway fits that bill... Parcells also, as well as several other established names. Elway has more vested interest than anyone from the outside and has wanted a shot for a while now. It's not like we are risking taking a major step backwards...

rugbythug
11-30-2010, 08:30 AM
If you really, really, really, really think insults make your point stronger, by all means, please continue on...

I laughed, because people like you are more likely to be a nerdy, doofus looking idiot hiding behind a computer hurling insults very comfortably from his chair to anyone he pleases.
In the real world, things are different. You or anybody talks to me in my face the way you talk to everybody here, I promise you, you won't be doing that again.

But, I hate to sound like interment macho man.
Just because you have homers backing you up under the old, hey, if you scratch my ass, I'll scratch yours, doesn't make the garbage spewing out of your foul mouth right.

Discuss the subject with intelligent debate. I know, you need to pull your head out of your ass to see more clearly, but give it a shot.
You are associated with foul mouth, rant, non-sense bull ****, fan police, homer, and a freakin' moron!
Pot meet kettle

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 08:37 AM

What role, aside from being the owner, did he play in his Arena league team?

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM

I'm not as "down" on the involvement of Elway as you are, but I approve of the sentiment of this post.

He and go broncos have earned OM handicap stickers.

bronco militia
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
http://twitter.com/FakeJoshMcD

"Elway can't be GM. You don't put the most hated man in Denver (me) and the most loved (him) in the same office unless you're doing a sitcom"

:rofl::rofl:

BowlenBall
11-30-2010, 08:42 AM
John Elway's Resume

Attended Stanford (a pretty damn good university)
graduated with a B.A. in economics (a real major from a top tier college)
17 year starter in the NFL, at the most cerebral position
5 superbowl trips, 2 superbowl victories
Hall of Fame Inductee
Co-Owner of AFL team from 2002-2009, with one championship
Chairman of the AFL's Executive Committee
Denver's favorite son, who stayed and integrated into the community after he retired
Extremely active and succesful in business ventures, including selling his chain of auto dealerships for $82.5 million in 1997

I dunno -- seems like Elway's got as good a resume as any other potential GM out there. Why not give him a shot? Plus, we'll all be a lot more patient with #7 than we were with Sundquist or Xanders....

yerner
11-30-2010, 08:44 AM
It's a risky hire, but what the hell? If one man has earned the right to take a shot at fixing this disaster I think its John Elway. The guy has proved himself an excellent buisness man. And he has at least 3 times the brain power as Matt Millen.

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 08:45 AM

I laughed, because people like you are more likely to be a nerdy, doofus looking idiot hiding behind a computer hurling insults very comfortably from his chair to anyone he pleases.In the real world, things are different. You or anybody talks to me in my face the way you talk to everybody here, I promise you, you won't be doing that again.But, I hate to sound like interment macho man.

Pot, meet Kettle!:rofl:

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Pot meet kettle

I din't se that you beat me to it as I was scrolling and replying in order.

Good call!

strafen
11-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Pot meet kettle
That's the language he understands.
You've gotta talk to idiots like that this way.
tailgaynuts is his mentor

BTW, with this little ass scratching, you may get you ass scratched ass well.
Keep it up!

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 08:48 AM

Keep it up!

I know, I better watch what I say because if I were to meet you, you would pummel me. Right?:rofl:

Taco John
11-30-2010, 08:51 AM
What the hell? Why not? We were willing to throw in with a 32 year old Patriot to do the job, why wouldn't we be willing to give a slice of that role to the man who built the franchise from his own sweat?

The only thing that I worry about is Elway tarnishing his legend, but then again, I didn't make it through high school and college doubting John Elway, and I'm not about to start now.

strafen
11-30-2010, 08:52 AM
I din't se that you beat me to it as I was scrolling and replying in order.

Good call!Tailgaynuts. Showing why he's one of the most celebrated idiots on the mane.
Hey, this thread just took a ****.
Let's keep the insults back and forth. This is the freakin' mane.
Come on, don't let the insults die down.
Who cares about what you can debate and discuss here, right?
Just come over here and vent your frustration of what's wrong with your life.

strafen
11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
I know, I better watch what I say because if I were to meet you, you would pummel me. Right?:rofl:I've seen you.
You don't scare me. You're too freaking old to beat anybody...

Popps
11-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Mandatory Disclaimer: Paige is a sensationalist hack who is wrong about 94% of the time.

This happens to be an area where he's correct. Having John back in the fold would do wonders for the morale and PR of this franchise, as well as providing another great football mind for management to utilize.

Taco John
11-30-2010, 09:02 AM
Hey, this thread just took a ****.
Let's keep the insults back and forth. This is the freakin' mane.
Come on, don't let the insults die down.

Have you ever noticed that the people who spend their time bickering and insulting others end up having people bicker and insult them? And people who spend their time looking for counterpoints and discussion end up with far fewer people bicker and insult them?

You created this persona that fights every little thing, and then complains that there are people who are willing to fight with you. You should learn to turn the other cheek sometime.

Not that you are alone. There are plenty of morons who make themselves look so by lowering their discourse to match your level. You guys deserve eachother.

Rabb
11-30-2010, 09:06 AM
I love when these boil down to "I bet I could beat you up" type threads

just awesome, nice work dragster

Taco John
11-30-2010, 09:08 AM

just awesome, nice work dragster

You only make it worse when you pretend that he was alone.

Chris
11-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Elway has proven he's a capable businessman.

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 09:14 AM
I've seen you.
You don't scare me. You're too freaking old to beat anybody...

:rofl:

Rabb
11-30-2010, 09:19 AM
You only make it worse when you pretend that he was alone.

oh believe me...I fully realize it takes fuel to keep the fires going

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 09:20 AM
I would love to have Elway back in the organization....but I think if Bowlen is unwilling to pay 3 coaches, he's also not going to hire another GM or VP

vancejohnson82
11-30-2010, 09:31 AM
what was the thread a while ago where we were pitting Maners against each other?

I think a Moose/TailgateNut vs. Colonelbeef/Dragster would be a GREAT one...

obviously Dragster's team would be laying down big odds

Rock Chalk
11-30-2010, 09:44 AM
I think this fire is dying, time for a grenade...

zdoor
11-30-2010, 09:48 AM
What the hell? Why not? We were willing to throw in with a 32 year old Patriot to do the job, why wouldn't we be willing to give a slice of that role to the man who built the franchise from his own sweat?

The only thing that I worry about is Elway tarnishing his legend, but then again, I didn't make it through high school and college doubting John Elway, and I'm not about to start now.

This

footstepsfrom#27
11-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Elway would be a good executive, just don't put him in a position where it is too work intensive. He is the type of guy who commands respect and could get the right people into the right places. Give him Joe Ellis's job.
Any new GM candidate will need to be a work-a-holic just to get an interview if I'm Pat Bowlen, but since I'm not, you could be on to something. ;D

cabronco
11-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by Taco John

This

This, as we need something positive instilled in this organization. Elway should be the one.

strafen
11-30-2010, 10:31 AM

just awesome, nice work dragsterWhere did I say that?
Just keep adding your worthless comments to this thread.

strafen
11-30-2010, 10:32 AM
what was the thread a while ago where we were pitting Maners against each other?

I think a Moose/TailgateNut vs. Colonelbeef/Dragster would be a GREAT one...

obviously Dragster's team would be laying down big oddsSo, I'm the one who started this crap?
I see...
Nice take on the whole situation. Don't let your biased point cloud your judgment to make the right call...

Kind of funny, you and Ratt are always in the middle of other people's arguments.
You guys are like the reinforcement crew.
Backing up the homersw, no matter how wrong they might be...
Awesome. Keep it up. That just adds to your credibility, ot lack thereof...

vancejohnson82
11-30-2010, 10:42 AM
So, I'm the one who started this crap?
I see...
Nice take on the whole situation. Don't let your biased point cloud your judgment to make the right call...

Kind of funny, you and Ratt are always in the middle of other people's arguments.

I don't really see how this is blaming anything on anyone...

I was simply bringing up a thread we had fun with a while back

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 10:51 AM
So, I'm the one who started this crap?
I see...

YEP!

Strafen/Dragster:"You or anybody talks to me in my face the way you talk to everybody here, I promise you, you won't be doing that again."

Strafen/Dragster:"I've seen you.
You don't scare me. You're too freaking old to beat anybody...[/

UberBroncoMan
11-30-2010, 11:22 AM

Colorado Crush.

They won an Arena Bowl too.

KevinJames
11-30-2010, 12:14 PM
John has already stated publicly numerous times that he thinks McDaniels deserves another year.

so people wanna question the great ?

I don't I agree with Elway Josh deserves another year.

zdoor
11-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Internet brawling... We're hitting new lows...

WolfpackGuy
11-30-2010, 12:47 PM
The team needs someone with GM experience from a WINNER.

Old Dude
11-30-2010, 01:05 PM

Not sure that Elway's business expertise is something I'd highlight on his resume at the moment.

bendog
11-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Not sure that Elway's business expertise is something I'd highlight on his resume at the moment.

Or football really. If he wanted to get it done, Ozzie Newsome wrote the book, but Elway didn't want to put in the hours. Some great years though. I missed the old school defenses, but that guy was an amazing player.

Rabb
11-30-2010, 02:05 PM
YEP!

Strafen/Dragster:"You or anybody talks to me in my face the way you talk to everybody here, I promise you, you won't be doing that again."

Strafen/Dragster:"I've seen you.
You don't scare me. You're too freaking old to beat anybody...[/

whoops

Rabb
11-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Where did I say that?
Just keep adding your worthless comments to this thread.

Put me on ignore then dragster, or report my posts to TJ if they hurt your feelers

I mean, the last thing I want is you coming to whip my ass at a game by getting upset here :kiss:

CEH
11-30-2010, 02:20 PM
It was Elway who got Josh to script the first 15 plays and that seems to have work

John has said he wants to be in the personell side but higher up so I guess maybe GM. He also would like the ability to coach the coaches and provide insight from his experience and provide a different point of view. We know he'll have a opinion on most matters so if he's not the final decision maker can he live with that?

Someone has to make the final call and it won't be McX.

strafen
11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Put me on ignore then strafen, or report my posts to TJ if they hurt your feelers

I mean, the last thing I want is you coming to whip my ass at a game by getting upset here :kiss:
Your post don't hurt my feelings.
It's the lack of value that sucks.
And here you are again when you had a chance to quit, you come back to keep stirring up the pot with even more worthless comments that's got nothing to do with the thread by the OP. You just want to be a drama queen. That's how you roll. You love this kind of situation. Attack people, insult people, name calling, and the list goes on and on.

Rather than keep taking shots at me, about a sincere opinion on the subject we're discussing?
Move on, bud!

Rabb
11-30-2010, 02:27 PM
You didn't say pretty please

HAT
11-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Keep it up!

Tail, gay, nuts, ass, ass, ass,....It never changes with this guy.

Dragster's got some seriously deep seeded issues.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Tail, gay, nuts, ass, ass, ass,....It never changes with this guy.

Dragster's got some seriously deep seeded issues.

Naw, man. He just likes him some penis. Nothing wrong with that, really. It's not my preference, but to each his own.

~Crash~
11-30-2010, 04:54 PM
Hopefully Bowlen would require him to dump that ex-Raiderette first.

so you hold it against him for still ****ing the raiders ?

~Crash~
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
Just because a guy is successful on the field, or even in another business after jockdom, it doesn't mean he's a qualified candidate for an NFL GM's job. In any case, Elway's star couldn't possibly rise any higher in Denver than it already has, unless he won the governor's chair. Assuming he was offered the job...I don't think he will be...it's a risky move from a PR standpoint because if he fails at this, his stock goes down from where it is now. He doesn't need the money, doesn't seem to be driven to be in a job like this either. What incentive does he have to do this?

you know as a kid he had a dream that he went to 7 SB's well I would say we still owe him a couple....:thumbs:

Homer Simpson
11-30-2010, 04:59 PM
And here you are again when you had a chance to quit, you come back to keep stirring up the pot with even more worthless comments that's got nothing to do with the thread by the OP. You just want to be a drama queen. That's how you roll. You love this kind of situation. Attack people, insult people, name calling, and the list goes on.
Move on, bud!

I've seen you attack multiple posters on here for their sexual orientation, making horribly bigoted comments. What value do they add?

Rock Chalk
11-30-2010, 05:06 PM
And here you are again when you had a chance to quit, you come back to keep stirring up the pot with even more worthless comments that's got nothing to do with the thread by the OP. You just want to be a drama queen. That's how you roll. You love this kind of situation. Attack people, insult people, name calling, and the list goes on and on.

Rather than keep taking shots at me, about a sincere opinion on the subject we're discussing?
Move on, bud!

The value of this board was tremendously higher prior to your arrival.

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2010, 05:18 PM
#7 is always #1 in my heart- advisory role for the broncos- I'm ok w/that......

Bill Parcells for G.M. would be the best move. Forbes had an article discussing the marked fiscal value of each time he has worked for- Bowlen should read the article (assuming he still can as his faculties are obviously taking a beating....) and make the right call....

Yep. Been saying Parcells for some time now. Never thought I'd ever want him here. I'm not sure I wan't Elway tainted with this mess. But If he really wanted to try it I guess I'd go along with it.

orinjkrush
11-30-2010, 06:28 PM
i've said before that i think an advisory committee to Bowlen is more than called for.

it seems that Elway (O) , and Wade Phillips (D) , and Romanowski (S&C) and Fassel and Marty Shottenheimer (GM) could be valuable contributors. Others?

they should design the assistant coach and recruiting functions along the lines that Miss I. has proposed.

And yes, committees do make better decisions than individuals 95% of the time. Check the research.

Bronco Yoda
11-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Ok, I'll throw my hat in if you all insist. Stop twisting my arm already.

First things first... we're going back to orange jerseys. Naked cheerleaders and going for it on 4th down will be automatics from now on.

Any other requests?

zdoor
11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
It was Elway who got Josh to script the first 15 plays and that seems to have work

John has said he wants to be in the personell side but higher up so I guess maybe GM. He also would like the ability to coach the coaches and provide insight from his experience and provide a different point of view. We know he'll have a opinion on most matters so if he's not the final decision maker can he live with that?

Someone has to make the final call and it won't be McX.

Is it true that Elway got McDaniels to script plays? I thought that was pretty standard practice...

ZONA
11-30-2010, 07:25 PM

this

strafen
11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
The value of this board was tremendously higher prior to your arrival.

You're blaming me?
Read the beginning of this thread.
I gave my opinion and immediately got insulted and berated by the moose guy.
Then a few decided to join in.
My bad for not acting more mature and taking action in not acknowledging the insults and the berating.
However, it gets old, I fight back and when I do, people don't like it.
Makes sense?
So, before you defend your buddies, do me a favor, re-read this thread and see if you can pinpoint where it started to go wrong.

I can tell you for sure I didn't start by demeaning anyone here. I simply stated mMY opinion on the thread at hand
If I'm going to be attacked, I'll do what I have to do to defend myself, since mods don't intervene in anyway to at least try to difuse the situation and see whoreally are the ones berating people and cheapening the site so please, stop putting the blame on me just because you have no balls to call it like it really is...

strafen
11-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Is it true that Elway got McDaniels to script plays? I thought that was pretty standard practice...I've heard that on the radio today too.

Nothing wrong with that, but we don't seem to be competitive enough after all the tricks have been used.
It's like a team with no direction out there.
We need to stick with the game plan and not focus so much on trying to fool the opposition. We need to outplay them, out coach them and execute...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-30-2010, 10:19 PM
You're blaming me?
Read the beginning of this thread.
I gave my opinion and immediately got insulted and berated by the moose guy.
Then a few decided to join in.
My bad for not acting more mature and taking action in not acknowledging the insults and the berating.
However, it gets old, I fight back and when I do, people don't like it.
Makes sense?
So, before you defend your buddies, do me a favor, re-read this thread and see if you can pinpoint where it started to go wrong.

I can tell you for sure I didn't start by demeaning anyone here. I simply stated mMY opinion on the thread at hand
If I'm going to be attacked, I'll do what I have to do to defend myself, since mods don't intervene in anyway to at least try to difuse the situation and see whoreally are the ones berating people and cheapening the site so please, stop putting the blame on me just because you have no balls to call it like it really is...

Your first "contribution" to this thread:
"Wow, these people don't want to let go of McDaniels.
Some freakin' people!

Fire McDaniels!"

You're right. By this point we should expect that you're going to post McDaniels hatred in a non-McDaniels thread and just learn to ignore the village idiot.

Maybe if you stayed on topic ONCE you wouldn't have so much trouble.

strafen
11-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Your first "contribution" to this thread:
"Wow, these people don't want to let go of McDaniels.
Some freakin' people!

Fire McDaniels!"

You're right. By this point we should expect that you're going to post McDaniels hatred in a non-McDaniels thread and just learn to ignore the village idiot.

Maybe if you stayed on topic ONCE you wouldn't have so much trouble.It's kind of funny to see YOU censoring posts of others.

Fire Mcdaniels!
You know what, he deserves it. He's destroyed our team and done some irrepairable damage to this franchise.
Maybe you think that's cool an acceptable and you want McDaniels to stick around, well, there are some of us fans that want the guy outta here.
It's my opinion, I'm sticking with it, just like you have your own opinion that you firmly believe in...

It's unbelievable you still find ways to justify your poor manners and the way you go off on people here.
At least, I have at one point or another apologized for my actions and recognized when I'm wrong.
At this point, it doesn't look like you have any intention of changing for the better...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-01-2010, 05:15 AM
It's kind of funny to see YOU censoring posts of others.

Fire Mcdaniels!
You know what, he deserves it. He's destroyed our team and done some irrepairable damage to this franchise.
Maybe you think that's cool an acceptable and you want McDaniels to stick around, well, there are some of us fans that want the guy outta here.
It's my opinion, I'm sticking with it, just like you have your own opinion that you firmly believe in...

It's unbelievable you still find ways to justify your poor manners and the way you go off on people here.
At least, I have at one point or another apologized for my actions and recognized when I'm wrong.
At this point, it doesn't look like you have any intention of changing for the better...

Hey idiot. This thread isn't about McDaniels. It has nothing to do with "censoring" your retarded-ass bull****.

Christ, you are really ****ing stupid.

If you can't talk about the topic at hand, perhaps you're not grown up enough to post on a grown up board.

strafen
12-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Let's fix this...

<TABLE id=post3026503 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because ThatOneDenverMooseGuy is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Let's fix this...

<TABLE id=post3026503 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because ThatOneDenverMooseGuy is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR><!-- / main bar --></TBODY></TABLE>

Bravo.

If you can't post on topic, ignore those who do and continue down your moronic path.

It's the way of the mane.

Sassy
12-01-2010, 06:17 AM
It's kind of funny to see YOU censoring posts of others.

Fire Mcdaniels!

Fire McD...the guy has had a year and a half with not much to work with.
How about Martindale...why don't we see an entire page of threads on that?
Did McD and Orton give up almost 80 points in two weeks? Did Kyle not keep us in the game with great throws to Decker and Royal...and Lloyd...It's going to take more than firing the coach and starting Tebow to help this team.

HILife
12-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Go Woody...

Your Avatar gave me a "Woody." Well, just a mild one.

strafen
12-01-2010, 06:28 AM
Did McD and Orton give up almost 80 points in two weeks? Did Kyle not keep us in the game with great throws to Decker and Royal...and Lloyd...It's going to take more than firing the coach and starting Tebow to help this team.That's precisely the point, Sassy.
Mcdaniels is the one responsible for all the moves so far, and the people that now make up this team.
That was his own doing.
Don't you think Nolan would've made a difference?

Sassy
12-01-2010, 06:41 AM
I liked Nolan...My point is not all is McD's doing...and yes, he's calling the plays...but he can't MAKE them execute them well. The players have to do that themselves.

Broncoman13
12-01-2010, 06:59 AM
I don't see what Strafen is doing so wrong here. If you have a different opinion on what is going on or what the issue is, post it just like Sassy did.

Sassy you make some valid points. I pesronally think we should stick with McD. The product he is putting forth isn't good but I see that as more of an organizational issue than just a McD issue. Right now he is a very polarizing figure and is the face of this franchise. Bringing John Elway in to be that face at least buys McD some ttime to right the ship. I think we need changes throughout the franchise. McD is responsible for personnel decisions and right now we are getting very little reward from the decisions he has made in that department. I like the model that Cleveland is using right now. Holmgrren kept Mangini but took over the personnel decisions and has made some good ones. Terading for Hillis, drafting McCoy, signing Delhomme/Wallace, resigning Cribbs, etc. It hasn't equated to a lot of wins, but the Browns are very competitive every week. Right now I would settle for competitive and growing something.

When you have 8 picks in the first two rounds of back to back drafts you should expect to have a very young and promising team. Do we have that right now? IMO, we do not. We have potential with some of the guys but not what you would expect with that many high picks. It appears to me that a personnel guru would help McD realize some of that great potential he has.

Like I said, I am not in the fire McD group, though I certainly understand why they would want him out. But I don't think you are going to get a drastic improvement going down this same path. Time to recalibrate a little bit and put McD in a position to succeed!

Sassy
12-01-2010, 07:09 AM
I don't see what Strafen is doing so wrong here. If you have a different opinion on what is going on or what the issue is, post it just like Sassy did.

Sassy you make some valid points. I pesronally think we should stick with McD. The product he is putting forth isn't good but I see that as more of an organizational issue than just a McD issue. Right now he is a very polarizing figure and is the face of this franchise. Bringing John Elway in to be that face at least buys McD some ttime to right the ship. I think we need changes throughout the franchise. McD is responsible for personnel decisions and right now we are getting very little reward from the decisions he has made in that department. I like the model that Cleveland is using right now. Holmgrren kept Mangini but took over the personnel decisions and has made some good ones. Terading for Hillis, drafting McCoy, signing Delhomme/Wallace, resigning Cribbs, etc. It hasn't equated to a lot of wins, but the Browns are very competitive every week. Right now I would settle for competitive and growing something.

When you have 8 picks in the first two rounds of back to back drafts you should expect to have a very young and promising team. Do we have that right now? IMO, we do not. We have potential with some of the guys but not what you would expect with that many high picks. It appears to me that a personnel guru would help McD realize some of that great potential he has.

Like I said, I am not in the fire McD group, though I certainly understand why they would want him out. But I don't think you are going to get a drastic improvement going down this same path. Time to recalibrate a little bit and put McD in a position to succeed!

Yep! I think he had too much thrown at him right from the start.

TailgateNut
12-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Did McD and Orton give up almost 80 points in two weeks? Did Kyle not keep us in the game with great throws to Decker and Royal...and Lloyd...It's going to take more than firing the coach and starting Tebow to help this team.

Hey Sassy, you're wasting your time. Many of the anti McD/ anti Orton / pro Tebow crowd can't see that the problem is much more complicated than just the head coach and starting QB.

Strafen is more of a challenge than others because it's akin to debating with a retard.

Broncoman13
12-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Hey Sassy, you're wasting your time. Many of the anti McD/ anti Orton / pro Tebow crowd can't see that the problem is much more complicated than just the head coach and starting QB.

Strafen is more of a challenge than others because it's akin to debating with a retard.

I don't know bro. I'd love to see Tebow play and I think the least of our problems is the play of Kyle Orton. I think KO is a "play with a lead" type of QB and have zero faith that he can bring us back from a deficit in a close game... Not that I know Tebow can, but I would like to see what he can do. I think more fans are curious of what he can do as opposed to believing he is better than Orton. Hard to fault someone for that.

Again, the real issue is with the talent we have acquired in the last several years. When McD was brought in we were led to believe that a system could overcome talent. But when you get into the 4th quarter of games or the 2nd half of the season, that isn't always the case. Our focus needs to be on acquiring talented football players, role models are nice... If they are also great on the field. I'd take a crybaby Philip Rivers type any day of the week if he was producing on the field. Look at Romo, he was a nasty and mean SOB, but his play on the field was extraordinary. Plain and simple, we need gamers. Guys that just show up and produce on Sundays!

Mile High Shack
12-01-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't know bro. I'd love to see Tebow play and I think the least of our problems is the play of Kyle Orton. I think KO is a "play with a lead" type of QB and have zero faith that he can bring us back from a deficit in a close game... Not that I know Tebow can, but I would like to see what he can do. I think more fans are curious of what he can do as opposed to believing he is better than Orton. Hard to fault someone for that.

Again, the real issue is with the talent we have acquired in the last several years. When McD was brought in we were led to believe that a system could overcome talent. But when you get into the 4th quarter of games or the 2nd half of the season, that isn't always the case. Our focus needs to be on acquiring talented football players, role models are nice... If they are also great on the field. I'd take a crybaby Philip Rivers type any day of the week if he was producing on the field. Look at Romo, he was a nasty and mean SOB, but his play on the field was extraordinary. Plain and simple, we need gamers. Guys that just show up and produce on Sundays!

I agree, KO would be great with a team like the Ravens of old or the old Bucs defense

yerner
12-01-2010, 08:56 AM

It's really a good point. The Broncos just don't have very many talented players. Your post reminds me of a Espn Mag article I read last week. It was written by an anonymous NFL player that describe how absurd, overblown and unimportant coaches schemes were. He stressed that since he had been playing football for all his life and had played for several coaches in the league that the plays and formations were all pretty much the same. He further argued that coaches got way too much credit for the wins and losses with their play calls and that the real difference is the talent of the players a team puts together. All the other stuff was media hype.

~Crash~
12-01-2010, 09:52 AM

great post and right were I am

LonghornBronco
12-01-2010, 09:53 AM

/back to lurking

Excellent similarity, Ryan has had a very successful run with his round rock franchise, similarly Elway with the arena league. Both, fierce, no-nonsense competitors. I like it... :thumbsup:

TailgateNut
12-01-2010, 03:29 PM

The problem I have with putting in the rook is that if he turns out to be a bust, we've disenfranchised the guy who's starting now, just like the plummer saga except that I think Kyle has a bit more brain power and accurancy than Plummer. You make the rookie earn the spot> Period.

Sassy
12-01-2010, 08:19 PM
The problem I have with putting in the rook is that if he turns out to be a bust, we've disenfranchised the guy who's starting now, just like the plummer saga except that I think Kyle has a bit more brain power and accurancy than Plummer. You make the rookie earn the spot> Period.

Too much common sense right here TGN...I doubt most on this board can comprehend that statement! ;D

Taco John
12-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Count me in the Fire McDaniels group. At this point he's damaged goods. I figure that there will probably be a lock-out next season. There's no visible momentum happening in the player negotiations, which they'd be using that right now as positive PR if things were swimming along. I don't see what the point of keeping Josh is if there's going to be a lockout. I'd rather see us start the post lock-out era fresh and with a new face of the organization that the fans can rally around.

The book is written on Josh, and he's always going to be a figure that will split the fan base. He just doesn't offer enough worth keeping around, and his tenure seems to bring drama event after never-ending drama event. The guy may some day be a half decent NFL coach... maybe. But right now, there's nothing that he has to offer that is irreplaceable.

I say bring Elway in and let Elway build an organization. I certainly don't want to tarnish Elway's legacy with the stain of Josh McDaniels. Let's hit the reset button and look to John for stability.

strafen
12-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Count me in the Fire McDaniels group. At this point he's damaged goods. I figure that there will probably be a lock-out next season. There's no visible momentum happening in the player negotiations, which they'd be using that right now as positive PR if things were swimming along. I don't see what the point of keeping Josh is if there's going to be a lockout. I'd rather see us start the post lock-out era fresh and with a new face of the organization that the fans can rally around.

The book is written on Josh, and he's always going to be a figure that will split the fan base. He just doesn't offer enough worth keeping around, and his tenure seems to bring drama event after never-ending drama event. The guy may some day be a half decent NFL coach... maybe. But right now, there's nothing that he has to offer that is irreplaceable.

I say bring Elway in and let Elway build an organization. I certainly don't want to tarnish Elway's legacy with the stain of Josh McDaniels. Let's hit the reset button and look to John for stability.The thing that trumps any reason to fire McDaniels is the tainted name of the Broncos. The laughing stock of the league.
We're viewed as cheaters.
That hurts.
Firing McDaniels will bring instant integrity back to the franchise. Showing we did the right thing to save our honor...

HAT
12-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Why do y'all keep referring to dragster as strafen?

misturanderson
12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Why do y'all keep referring to dragster as strafen?

I guess he changed his name back for some reason.

footstepsfrom#27
12-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Elway has proven he's a capable businessman.
How so? I know he's had the car dealerships and the position with the Arena League or whatever it is, but has he really got any experience that would make him NFL front office material apart from trading on his name? Trading on his name works when you sell cars, but as someone said earlier on this thread, he'd do best where there wasn't much real work to be done...which sounds like it might be true. I'm not sure why, since he worked so hard on the field, but I have a tough time picturing Elway putting in 15 hour days at Dove Valley when he can do anything else he wishes. He strikes me as a guy who'd like to own the team, not work in the front office...maybe I"m wrong.

cabronco
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM

I say bring Elway in and let Elway build an organization. I certainly don't want to tarnish Elway's legacy with the stain of Josh McDaniels. Let's hit the reset button and look to John for stability.

I c.b. endorse this post. :Elway:

strafen
12-01-2010, 11:23 PM
How so? I know he's had the car dealerships and the position with the Arena League or whatever it is, but has he really got any experience that would make him NFL front office material apart from trading on his name? Trading on his name works when you sell cars, but as someone said earlier on this thread, he'd do best where there wasn't much real work to be done...which sounds like it might be true. I'm not sure why, since he worked so hard on the field, but I have a tough time picturing Elway putting in 15 hour days at Dove Valley when he can do anything else he wishes. He strikes me as a guy who'd like to own the team, not work in the front office...maybe I"m wrong.

I've got the feeling Elway will eventually own a portion the team, before too long.
Bowlen will definitely accomodate him...

Broncoman13
12-05-2010, 06:04 PM

What if Tebow doesn't earn the spot but Kyle Orton plays himself out of the spot?

broncosteven
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM
What if Tebow doesn't earn the spot but Kyle Orton plays himself out of the spot?

If mCd took Tebow in the 1st round to bring in as a WC QB at the goal line (which he thought was stupid in week 3 or 4) then I am cool with Orton finishing out the year.

If mCd has a hard on for stats and wants Orton and Lloyd to set some passing records then I guess you keep Orton in and CiDtL for 4 more games.

But if mCd truly drafted Tebow for competiton at the QB position and he wants to try to win next year then I think he has to give Tebow a couple series at the minimum the next 4 games to see what he can do.

I think his mobility in the pocket alone would have won this game today. If he can't understand the playbook or execute then we have bigger problems than we think.