PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen backs off original statement. Josh is coaching for his job.

Pages : [1] 2

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
Broncos just issued a statement from Bowlen backing off his original comments. Forget the vote of confidence I guess. More to come.

This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us. We haven't had the success we had hoped to achieve. Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos ... and you always strive for stability at that position. However, with five games left in the 2010 season we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise.Coaching for his job folks.

Haters rejoice, you'll see progress or a new coach.

Houshyamama
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
How is that backing off his previous statement? Did he say that the evaluation would effect the head coach position as well? I don't see that.

That's quite a turnaround in a short period if true. I just don't see where you're getting that.

Archer81
11-29-2010, 09:12 PM
http://tinyurl.com/mp2pjg

:Broncos:

go_broncos
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Broncos just issued a statement from Bowlen backing off his original comments. Forget the vote of confidence I guess. More to come.

Coaching for his job folks.

I am frustrated with what Mcd is doing..Atleast, I don't hate broncos.
Regarding bowlen's statement..I don't know what to believe

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:14 PM
How is that backing off his previous statement? Did he say that the evaluation would effect the head coach position as well? I don't see that.

That's quite a turnaround in a short period if true. I just don't see where you're getting that.

I am quoting the reporters Gary Miller, Vic Lombardi, Lindsay Jones.

"Don't know if AOL Fanhouse misinterpreted Bowlens earlier remarks. Do know Broncos felt a clarification was necessary."

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:16 PM
The original stuff claimed he was going to be the coach in 2011. This one basically says "we'll see"

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:16 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/11/29/1845760/report-pat-bowlen-backs-off-initial-comments-mcdaniels-not-guaranteed

Taco John
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM

"I am not interested in making a coaching change," Bowlen added.

"with five games left in the 2010 season we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise. "

UberBroncoMan
11-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Bowlen clearly realizes he doesn't have the money to pay a top 5 draft-pick.

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:22 PM

"with five games left in the 2010 season we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise. "

It's quite the turn around in two hours.

BigPlayShay
11-29-2010, 09:26 PM
Why in the **** can't there ever be any clear and concise information out of Dove Valley from anyone?

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 09:29 PM

How is that specific to "haters"? Wouldn't every Bronco fan want this? What is it that you want, if not this, Rusty?

zdoor
11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Wow... Can't even make a statement without contradicting ourselves... It's comical.

cabronco
11-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Perhaps someone sobered up.

yerner
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Time to sell, Pat.

Houshyamama
11-29-2010, 09:34 PM

I'm still confused. But maybe that's just me.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
McDaniels better get his Laertes on because he needs to fall on his sword with his people.

Who gets the reference?

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM

Your confusion confuses me... He said he didn't want to make a coaching change. 2 hours later "Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos ... and you always strive for stability at that position. However"

broncocalijohn
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM

I wouldnt mind it if we win the next 5 games. To squeeze out an 8-8 record would be a miracle.

Popps
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Imagine a top 10 draft pick... AND potentially having to have a THIRD coach on the payroll next season.

Pat can't be "lovin' it" right now.

footstepsfrom#27
11-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Bowlen knows he rolled the dice and came up snake eyes so far as Josh's record goes, but I think this is about the embarassment of finding out you're now on the NFL cheaters list not what he's done on the field so far. Bowlen has to know stripping this team of impact players and relying on a brand new front office and coach would take more than a season and a half. I doubt he's shocked that the team's not winning yet but the video tape scandal has surely had a serious impact on his thinking even if he won't admit it to anyone.

Archer81
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
McDaniels better get his Laertes on.

Who gets the reference?

Odyssey or Hamlet?

Taco John
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM

The Broncos are talking out of both sides of their mouth right now, so it's no wonder you're confused.

This kind of mixed messaging doesn't bode well for Josh.

As far as interpreting this recent turn of events, I read it as Bowlen basically sending a message to the players: if you want him, then play to keep him.

lostknight
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
This is called "walking a statement back" and probably was the result of Bowlen getting the true attendance figures ;-)

Look, here is the exact message he wanted to send - Josh is fighting for his job. Work b****, work.

Meck77
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Who knows. What I do know is my dog just ripped a big nasty. Dang you Mojo!

Houshyamama
11-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Your confusion confuses me... He said he didn't want to make a coaching change. 2 hours later "Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos ... and you always strive for stability at that position. However"

It confuses me how he could have had such a drastic change in heart within a matter of hours. It's like a 13 year old girl who dyes her hair pink, doesn't like it and dyes it blue 5 hours later. One of these quotes has to be incorrect or even Bowlen has no idea what he thinks.

Popps
11-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Bowlen knows he rolled the dice and came up snake eyes so far as Josh's record goes, but I think this is about the embarassment of finding out you're now on the NFL cheaters list not what he's done on the field so far. Bowlen has to know stripping this team of impact players and relying on a brand new front office and coach would take more than a season and a half. I doubt he's shocked that the team's not winning yet but the video tape scandal has surely had a serious impact on his thinking even if he won't admit it to anyone.

I'd say this might be accurate.

Take away the camera issue... and I'd suspect Bowlen was nowhere near ready to make a change.

But, this is a PR nightmare to be sure. He might feel like the only way to put it behind them is to just move on.

Pick Six
11-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Who gets the reference?

Well, Laertes tried to kill Hamlet. Beyond that, my memory of Shakespeare is a bit rusty...

Houshyamama
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
The Broncos are talking out of both sides of their mouth right now, so it's no wonder you're confused.

As far as interpreting this recent turn of events, I read it as Bowlen basically sending a message to the players: if you want him, then play to keep him.

This seems like a fair interpretation.

Archer81
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, Laertes tried to kill Hamlet. Beyond that, my memory of Shakespeare is a bit rusty...

He does kill him. Before that, Hamlet gets Laertes sword and cuts him with it, so he dies as well.

Polonias survives.

I dont see how McDaniels needs to pull a laer...OH I SEE...

SouthStndJunkie
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
What a ****ing circus.

HAT
11-29-2010, 09:54 PM

This...Exactly this.

DenverBroncosJM
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
I know it shouldn't but this disturbs me more than the whole video tape thing or our record.

Is Bowlen just ****ing crazy?

HAT
11-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I know it shouldn't but this disturbs me more than the whole video tape thing or our record.

Well, if you listen to this board, he is senile, broke, drunk AND gutless.

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 10:04 PM

Go to your family reunion. Find your old drunken uncle/cousin that's now in his twilight years.

Picture them in a furcoat.

Question: Answered.

extralife
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
He does kill him. Before that, Hamlet gets Laertes sword and cuts him with it, so he dies as well.

Polonias survives.

Polonius definitely does not survive. His death is the reason Laertes wants to kill Hamlet

I have no idea what any of this has to do with Shakespeare, but yeah.

Ratboy
11-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Good.

Ratboy
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM
Remaining 5 games:

@ Kansas City
@ Arizona
@ Oakland
Houston
San Diego

We'll see what happens.

I hope he loses these last 5 games, I don't feel like watching him win these games and ruin another offseason and future season for some fluke wins.

Bye Bye McDaniels.

Play2win
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM

Take away the camera issue... and I'd suspect Bowlen was nowhere near ready to make a change.

But, this is a PR nightmare to be sure. He might feel like the only way to put it behind them is to just move on.

You would think he (Bowlen) would have to transfer the responsibility (of the taping/ethics) from the Denver Broncos to McDaniels (solely). It doesn't matter if it happens now, or sometime in the offseason, there has to be a transfer of guilt.

colonelbeef
11-29-2010, 10:32 PM

So it's wrong to want progress or a new coach?

Does that mean you want the same coach and no progress?

Cool logic

colonelbeef
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
Remaining 5 games:

@ Kansas City
@ Arizona
@ Oakland
Houston
San Diego

We'll see what happens.

I hope he loses these last 5 games, I don't feel like watching him win these games and ruin another offseason and future season for some fluke wins.

Bye Bye McDaniels.

Weak schedule

Ratboy
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Weak schedule

Bingo.

Nothing like him keeping his job for winning a few meaningless games.

Bigdawg26
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
I think if we lose 4 out of 5 games then he's out. But this are really personal games with division rivals, an old OC, and a flat out horrid Arizona team.

Goobzilla
11-29-2010, 10:46 PM
5-11 at best. Win @ Arizona and maybe at home against Houston.

spdirty
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM
Well the way things have been going on around there I fully expect the old drunken bastard to fire McScandals and then promote his brother.

snowspot66
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM
It's really quite simple. Bowlen doesn't want to make a change.

He doesn't. He has no reason to WANT to make a change. Coaching changes are messy at best. But he fully realizes he might have to depending on how this season plays out.

Taco John
11-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Last year all we had to to was close out the season with wins against Oakland and KC to finish the season at 10-6. We lost them both.

This year, Josh is a sitting duck, and we have @ KC, @ Oakland, and @ SD still on our schedule, in addition to @ ARI and @ HOU. It will be interesting to see if the team responds this year better than it did last year.

By the way, who the hell put that terrible schedule together? Close out the season with 5 away games, three of them being division games? That's terrible.

Clockwork Orange
11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Last year all we had to to was close out the season with wins against Oakland and KC to finish the season at 10-6. We lost them both.

This year, Josh is a sitting duck, and we have @ KC, @ Oakland, and @ SD still on our schedule, in addition to @ ARI and @ HOU. It will be interesting to see if the team responds this year better than it did last year.

By the way, who the hell put that terrible schedule together? Close out the season with 5 away games, three of them being division games? That's terrible.

The SD and Hou games are home games.

Pick Six
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM
There is no "weak schedule" for us. We lost to the 49ers and the Rams. We have BECOME the "weak schedule"...:oyvey:

Taco John
11-29-2010, 11:11 PM
The SD and Hou games are home games.

Duh. You're right.

I was reading the schedule wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=DEN

Still, having all of our division games to close out the season being away games is bunk.

Blueflame
11-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Remaining 5 games:

@ Kansas City
@ Arizona
@ Oakland
Houston
San Diego

We'll see what happens.

Bye Bye McDaniels.

I think whether or not McDaniels is back for a third season might hinge on winning at least one of the games highlighted in blue. The problem? We don't historically win that often in KC in December... and SD and Oakland have both beaten us pretty regularly in December as well. But if we lose all 3... and particularly if there are any more embarrassing blowout losses, I'd expect to see a fan revolt and Bowlen having to take action whether he wants to or not.

spdirty
11-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Just ready to end this nightmare and start fresh with a more mature head coach.

Ratboy
11-29-2010, 11:26 PM

:thumbsup:

misturanderson
11-29-2010, 11:33 PM
We're going to see a hell of a lot more of this if Bowlen doesn't wise up and get a GM first. The way he's been running things is not the way to success in the NFL since 1999.

spdirty
11-29-2010, 11:52 PM
We're going to see a hell of a lot more of this if Bowlen doesn't wise up and get a GM first. The way he's been running things is not the way to success in the NFL since 1999.

But we already have a GM. Brian Xanders. Is he so irrelevant that now its like he doesn't even exist?

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Bowlen is a mess

Broncojef
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Bowlen is a mess

I'd love to liquor him and Al up and have a cage match for the Half-time show our next meeting. Hell...might be the only way they sell tickets to that game.

TailgateNut
11-30-2010, 01:45 AM
I am frustrated with what Mcd is doing..Atleast, I don't hate broncos.
Regarding bowlen's statement..I don't know what to believe

Whaaat-evah

uplink
11-30-2010, 01:50 AM
He didn't back off the original statement, just forgot what he had said.

broncocalijohn
11-30-2010, 01:54 AM
Duh. You're right.

Still, having all of our division games to close out the season being away games is bunk.

TJ, are u as drunk as Bowlen? You already got corrected that the SD game is at home. I believe it closes out the year.....a home game.

McDman
11-30-2010, 03:30 AM
I think we need a bleacher report article to confirm this.

Blueflame
11-30-2010, 03:46 AM
TJ, are u as drunk as Bowlen? You already got corrected that the SD game is at home. I believe it closes out the year.....a home game.

There is a small infant in TJ's house... he's sleep deprived... (been there; done that).

Gort
11-30-2010, 03:48 AM
Odyssey or Hamlet?

Shakespeare is overrated. he might make a good OC, but he's not HC material. i heard from an inside source that Hillis was too dumb to understand iambic pentameter, so Shakespeare didn't give him a chance to recite any sonnets in front of an audience.

s0phr0syne
11-30-2010, 04:18 AM
What a ****ing circus.

Agreed. I don't know how many people realize that stuff like this in combination with Denver's record and the recent cheating allegations make the organization look as bad as/worse than Oakland.

Rock Chalk
11-30-2010, 04:29 AM

But he has the money to pay 3 head coaches at the same time?

I don't get it.

Lev Vyvanse
11-30-2010, 04:41 AM

I don't get it.

3 head coaches is about the same price as the 5th pick in the draft.

HILife
11-30-2010, 05:14 AM

WoW that didn't take long. I think he is referring to the assistants.

Lev Vyvanse
11-30-2010, 05:18 AM
WoW that didn't take long. I think he is referring to the assistants.

Then why would he issue a new statement? The interview made it crystal clear the assistants are coaching for their jobs.

montrose
11-30-2010, 06:14 AM
So Pat gives a detailed interview saying Josh will be back in very direct terms then releases a vague statement that implies he's coaching for his job. Between Pat, Josh and Ellis - is Xanders the only competent one in the building? (joking...)

Then why would he issue a new statement? The interview made it crystal clear the assistants are coaching for their jobs.

That could line up with the story Josh ripped them in front of Pat after the Raiders loss.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 06:17 AM
It's really quite simple. Bowlen doesn't want to make a change.

He doesn't. He has no reason to WANT to make a change. Coaching changes are messy at best. But he fully realizes he might have to depending on how this season plays out.

Exactly. I'm not sure what the big deal is. We won't know what Bowlen is going to do until he does it and analyzing his statements is futile. I'm not sure why people are over dramatizing this, it's very similar to the way every team communicates in similar circumstances. Look what went down in Minnesota over the last few months, for example. That's more of a circus than what went on in Denver but many of you don't have the perspective to see or appreciate this. And by the way, Bowlen doesn't need or want permission or advice from any of you.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Here's Burger Bill on the topic:

UPDATE: In a statement released to some media on Monday night, Bowlen said the season has been a disappointment and that everything will be evaluated at the end of the season. This was clearly an attempt to calm fans who may be in an uproar over his comments to Fanhouse.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/20968/as-expected-bowlen-supports-coach

TonyR
11-30-2010, 06:22 AM
So Pat gives a detailed interview saying Josh will be back in very direct terms then releases a vague statement that implies he's coaching for his job.

Again, I'm not sure why you're all so surprised by this. This is what teams (and corporations, for that matter) almost always say in this situation, and then down the road things change dramatically.

As Burger Bill put it: My reaction to the news that Denver owner Pat Bowlen said Josh McDaniels will remain the teamís coach in 2011: What else do you expect Bowlen to say?

rugbythug
11-30-2010, 06:34 AM
He is bringing in wade. Assistant Jc defence

long beach bronco
11-30-2010, 06:40 AM
MCD's problem his whole time in Denver is that he was trying to be Bill Belichek and not himself, he was trying so hard to be another person and that is what is going to get him fired. Next time he'll learn to be himself instead of someone else. Mcdaniels will be fired in 5 games. It's a done deal.

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 06:42 AM

You say that like it's a bad thing. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/bosefus69/shrug.gif

Garcia Bronco
11-30-2010, 06:42 AM

Polonias survives.

He needs to fall on his sword with his team.

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 06:45 AM

Mr. Random pays a visit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/tobyt/Penguinsmack.gif

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
Why in the **** can't there ever be any clear and concise information out of Dove Valley from anyone?

It's because Bowlen can't just come out and say "I'll probably schidtcan Josh when the season's over, but I'm not ready to make a formal announcement" without creating huge rips in the fabric of leadership over the players.

Can't believe I had to spell it out for you. ;)

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Time to sell, Pat.

Selling Pat is an option we haven't really discussed, but I'm open to the idea. ;)

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Who knows. What I do know is my dog just ripped a big nasty. Dang you Mojo!

If you could hear it, at least that serves as a warning to light a candle or get to another room. ;)

I wish *I* could train MY dog to fart audibly.

http://kilburnhall.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/mr-bill-ohh-nooo-magnet-c11751410jpeg.jpg

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Again, I'm not sure why you're all so surprised by this. This is what teams (and corporations, for that matter) almost always say in this situation, and then down the road things change dramatically.

As Burger Bill put it: My reaction to the news that Denver owner Pat Bowlen said Josh McDaniels will remain the teamís coach in 2011: What else do you expect Bowlen to say?

Bowlens written answer should have been his spoken answer in the interview. It's unprepared, unprofessional, and frankly awkward (ironicaly all issues that our team embodies lately) to say one thing in an interview and then be forced to release a clarifying statement a few hours later just to save face with the fans.

He gave the interview for the fans, he had to know the coaching question was going to come up. Like i said it's unprepared, Bowlen should know better.

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 06:56 AM

I don't get it.

This is a conundrum....I guess the flip side of this question is does he lose more money by not making a change? Denver has loyal fans, but they are starting to stay home.

At what point does making a change become more profitable?

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 06:58 AM
This is a conundrum....I guess the flip side of this question is does he lose more money by not making a change? Denver has loyal fans, but they are starting to stay home.

At what point does making a change become more profitable?

I read Rock's post incorrectly...it was about draft picks. ooops

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 06:59 AM
I think if we lose 4 out of 5 games then he's out. But this are really personal games with division rivals, an old OC, and a flat out horrid Arizona team.

I'm thinking the team ahs to win 3 of 5 for McDaniels to stay.

Not that it's impossible, but... I don't see that happening.

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 07:00 AM

unfortunatly this seems to be the norm the past few years. bowlen says one thing and then changes directions.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 07:00 AM
This is a conundrum...

Well, assuming there's no football next season it's really not. Why pay 3 coaches to not coach? Might as well stick with McD until this CBA is figured out from a business perspective since you have to pay him for 2 more years anyway.

jhns
11-30-2010, 07:01 AM
Bowlen is the man. Hopefully he has learned some lessons from all this crap.

errand
11-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Imagine a top 10 draft pick... AND potentially having to have a THIRD coach on the payroll next season.

Pat can't be "lovin' it" right now.

Provided there even is a "next season".

Boiwlen cannot be stupid enough to fire McDaniels, pay him his contract...and hire another coach who won't even be able to put a team on the field if the CBA doesn't get sorted out.

Why would he pay for two coaches if there isn't going to be a season?

And if the dispute gets settled, say in July....you going into battle with a new coach, new system and all with only a month to prepare?

Captain 'Dre
11-30-2010, 07:03 AM
There is a small infant in TJ's house... he's sleep deprived... (been there; done that).

A "small" infant? Now, if it were an ENORMOUS infant, I think we'd be on to something. :)

baja
My dog eats the cat's shiit. Nice when it comes to cleaning the litter box but the farts, Oh my!

bronco militia
this feels like the Cutler fiasco all over again. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this team has no contingency plan for whatever Mr. B decides after this horrible season is over.

Dagmar
11-30-2010, 07:05 AM
My dog eats the cat's shiit. Nice when it comes to cleaning the litter box but the farts, Oh my!

Stop it. It's ridiculous and makes you slightly (very) mental.

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Well, assuming there's no football next season it's really not. Why pay 3 coaches to not coach? Might as well stick with McD until this CBA is figured out from a business perspective since you have to pay him for 2 more years anyway.

that is a good point, but i think you have to plan for having a season. I just don't see a cancelled season in the NFL...owners and players are not that stupid.

errand
11-30-2010, 07:09 AM

the broncos have made the naughty ;list a few times under shanahan....with the cut blocking and injury list stuff....the differrence is games won. If the Broncos were 8-3 instead of 3-8...this mini spy-gate wouldn't mean a thing to Bowlen.

If i was bowlen i'd be pissed that we lost a game after we spied on the opponent....

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 07:09 AM

Boiwlen cannot be stupid enough to fire McDaniels, pay him his contract...and hire another coach who won't even be able to put a team on the field if the CBA doesn't get sorted out.

And if the dispute gets settled, say in July....you going into battle with a new coach, new system and all with only a month to prepare?

IMO he would have to be pretty stupid to give the current staff the control over a top 5 pick, and 2 high 2nds. Keep in mind, the salaray of those picks will easily eclipse the entire coaching staff's salary.

As for the new systems, that is a fair point, but its not a reason to keep an NFL coach.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2010, 07:10 AM

You mean three.

If he makes no change, then he will have to pay for two coaches (Shanny + McD). Neither of which would be coaching for us if there's a lockout.

If he makes a change, then he'd have to pay for three coaches (Shanny + McD + new guy). None of which would be coaching for us if there's a lockout.

baja
11-30-2010, 07:11 AM
Stop it. It's ridiculous and makes you slightly (very) mental.

What's really funny is when people come over that I don't like that much let the dog lick their face. ;D

errand
11-30-2010, 07:12 AM
Remaining 5 games:

@ Kansas City
@ Arizona
@ Oakland
Houston
San Diego

We'll see what happens.

Bye Bye McDaniels.

Really? A Broncos fan that wants us to lose games? Wow!

I hope one day your love for the Broncos will outweigh your hatred for McDaniels.....or whomever else coaches them

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:14 AM
Here is what it is

Bowlen does not want to pay 3 coaches, especially with a lockout looming

He'd rather keep McDaniels on so he can save some coin, but he knows he needs to act like he might get rid of him to keep the fans happy and still coming to the stadium.

He isn't going to get rid of him because of money, that's what it is boiling down to.

It's sad really, Bowlen use to care about winning first and foremost, that has changed in his old age. He needs to sell the Broncos to someone who cares now.

This **** has gotten old, this freakin' circus.....

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 07:15 AM
You mean three.

If he makes no change, then he will have to pay for two coaches (Shanny + McD). Neither of which would be coaching for us if there's a lockout.

If he makes a change, then he'd have to pay for three coaches (Shanny + McD + new guy). None of which would be coaching for us if there's a lockout.

Bowlen really has created a mess for himself.

His biggest failure is not having a true GM. If he does not make a coaching change next year, he absolutely must hire a GM to handle player personnel. This needs to be done with or without a new coach.

errand
11-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Duh. You're right.

Having division games towards the end of the season creates excitement TJ....imagine the Packers and Bears meeting in late December tied or one of them just a game out of first? What about the Jets vs Pats...or Steelers vs Ravens...etc.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 07:20 AM
It's sad really, Bowlen use to care about winning first and foremost, that has changed in his old age. He needs to sell the Broncos to someone who cares now.

Winning doesn't really matter a whole lot for the rest of this season, and if there's no football next year there will be nothing to win. A new coach isn't going to magically fix things.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Winning doesn't really matter a whole lot for the rest of this season, and if there's no football next year there will be nothing to win. A new coach isn't going to magically fix things.

no, but a new GM and new coach is a great way to start a new season

another year of this complete bull**** and the fans will start revolting and Pat will see a lot of empty seats

errand
11-30-2010, 07:28 AM
IMO he would have to be pretty stupid to give the current staff the control over a top 5 pick, and 2 high 2nds. Keep in mind, the salaray of those picks will easily eclipse the entire coaching staff's salary.

As for the new systems, that is a fair point, but its not a reason to keep an NFL coach.

Who says we're drafting in the top 5? I see 5 more games, all of which are definitely winnable provided our defense doesn't lay down yet again, and our running game gets untracked.

And even if we do draft top 5...you have a problem with the guys McDaniels drafted in the first rounds?

Moreno, Thomas, and Tebow? If you wanna throw in Alphonso Smith, fine...but keep in mind he's got 5 picks this year. In fact I'd dare say that getting rid of Smith was a perfect example of a coach letting the media and fans pick his roster.

Josh has drafted some pretty good guys the first two seasons....i'd like to see who he gets next year.

CEH
11-30-2010, 07:29 AM

7:30 pm in a phone interview with Thomas George who is a repected writer
I am not interested in making a coaching change

9:30 pm in a press release. Monitor the progress of the team. The future is still up in the air. This is now the official statement from the top

Fan reaction must have hit the fan in those two hours

My guess is the face of the franchise might be the most hated man in Denver right now

It's truly amazing listening to the radio whenever they interview anyone outside Denver the dicussion always comes back to the RB in CLEV

Give Josh one more year with Elway as a sounding board.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Who says we're drafting in the top 5? I see 5 more games, all of which are definitely winnable provided our defense doesn't lay down yet again, and our running game gets untracked.

And even if we do draft top 5...you have a problem with the guys McDaniels drafted in the first rounds?

Moreno, Thomas, and Tebow? If you wanna throw in Alphonso Smith, fine...but keep in mind he's got 5 picks this year. In fact I'd dare say that getting rid of Smith was a perfect example of a coach letting the media and fans pick his roster.

Josh has drafted some pretty good guys the first two seasons....i'd like to see who he gets next year.

you are asking a lot if you think the defense will suddenly get better

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2010, 07:30 AM
2 hours appears to be the going rate for Bowlen's short term memory loss.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:31 AM

this right here

I think Bowlen has freakin' lost it

errand
11-30-2010, 07:32 AM
no, but a new GM and new coach is a great way to start a new season

another year of this complete bull**** and the fans will start revolting and Pat will see a lot of empty seats

Really? where you clowns in Denver gonna go? you gonna start rooting for the Chiefs or Raiders or cowboys? the Broncos are the only girl in town.....

He'll still sell alot of tickets, even if he has to drop his price on them.....while the fans do pay the bills....they shouldn't be involved in the hiring or firing process...let alone the drafting and player personnel moves either.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:33 AM
Really? where you clowns in Denver gonna go? you gonna start rooting for the Chiefs or Raiders or cowboys? the Broncos are the only girl in town.....

He'll still sell alot of tickets, even if he has to drop his price on them.....while the fans do pay the bills....they shouldn't be involved in the hiring or firing process...let alone the drafting and player personnel moves either.

so you are happy with the direction of the team I take it, eh?

fans will spend time with their family, go do things outside, ski, something.....besides endure the torture that Bronco games have become lately

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 07:33 AM

LOL. we should make a movie about this and have the scences played from present to past.

errand
11-30-2010, 07:39 AM
you are asking a lot if you think the defense will suddenly get better

I agree, but i think the offensive pieces are in place....in year 3 josh definitely needs to get some young hungry playmakers on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm a true fan...i never think we can't win a game. i'm shocked at the number of fans in here who give up so easily. It's like those morons who said they'd rather we lose the AFC championship game than go on to lose in the SB.

ScottXray
11-30-2010, 07:40 AM
It confuses me how he could have had such a drastic change in heart within a matter of hours. It's like a 13 year old girl who dyes her hair pink, doesn't like it and dyes it blue 5 hours later. One of these quotes has to be incorrect or even Bowlen has no idea what he thinks.

I don't think he had any change of heart. I read his original statement as "I'd rather Not change coaches, but I'm not blind."
The Press ran it into" McD is SAFE" .
Bowlen just clarified what he meant..... Everything will be evaluated at the end of the year. (message to Josh...better get this turnaround started NOW or you are gone).

worm
11-30-2010, 07:41 AM
the broncos have made the naughty ;list a few times under shanahan....with the cut blocking and injury list stuff....the differrence is games won. If the Broncos were 8-3 instead of 3-8...this mini spy-gate wouldn't mean a thing to Bowlen.

Cut blocks are legal. You are comparing that to taking a video camera and filming another team after the huge Spygate saga?

bronco militia
11-30-2010, 07:42 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/29b.gif

Old Dude
11-30-2010, 07:42 AM

Yup. Nothing mixed about that message. ... also - - if you want to keep your own jobs, then work for them.

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Their 3-8, they just got caught cheating in a game they lost, and Darren McFadden still hasn't been tackled. There is absolutely no reason to think we are anything but 3-8.

As for the draft picks;

No I don't trust him. So far Moreno and DT are nothing but injuries and flashes, tebow sees 3 plays a game, Alphonso Smith (not gonna say anything else) and Ayers looks to be a good player.

So no, I do not trust him with draft picks or anything else Bronco related.

THE719!
11-30-2010, 07:46 AM
has bowlen awakes from his slumber he points at they mcdaniels and says "if you fail the last 5 games your ass shall be grass"

TonyR
I don't think he had any change of heart. I read his original statement as "I'd rather Not change coaches, but I'm not blind."
The Press ran it into" McD is SAFE" .
Bowlen just clarified what he meant..... Everything will be evaluated at the end of the year. (message to Josh...better get this turnaround started NOW or you are gone).

Completely agree. And even if he did contradict himself to some degree you can never go by what is said in these circumstances. Bowlen has every right to change his mind and do what he wants. Again, this is similar to what went down in Minnesota. Childress was safe until he wasn't. Same goes with McDaniels. Bowlen would rather not fire him but of course won't hesitate to do so if that's what he decides is best at some point.

bronco militia
has bowlen awakes from his slumber he points at they mcdaniels and says "if you fail the last 5 games your ass shall be grass"

719 bitches!

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:47 AM
I agree, but i think the offensive pieces are in place....in year 3 josh definitely needs to get some young hungry playmakers on the defensive side of the ball.

I'm a true fan...i never think we can't win a game. i'm shocked at the number of fans in here who give up so easily. It's like those morons who said they'd rather we lose the AFC championship game than go on to lose in the SB.

seriously, you are going to pull that card out eh?

I don't think anyones fandom is in question (well, not EVERYONE, I don't get rooting for the team to lose)

but honestly, when San Diego started to score last monday, you didn't think, uh-oh, here we go

when the Rams started passing at will on us, you didn't think...oh man, not again?

at this point, I'm like a beat dog, if the master raises up the newspaper, I'm gonna shrink and pee on myself a bit

Broncos4tw
11-30-2010, 07:59 AM
How are people haters for wanting their team to do better than 3 wins, and wanting them to not lose to some of the crappiest teams in the NFL?

Besides, this is exactly what Josh preaches, right? No one job's safe. You must play for your spot. That was his motto from the moment he walked in the door, and I don't see why he should be exempt from this policy.

errand
11-30-2010, 08:04 AM

fans will spend time with their family, go do things outside, ski, something.....besides endure the torture that Bronco games have become lately

So you gonna shut off your internet service? Cancel your newspaper subscription? Have your direct TV or cable service cut? Or you gonna be like those who say they'll not care about the team anymore and yet they'll still check the box scores and read the news about this team you're so embarrassed by?

Were you embarrassed by our .500 record the last three seasons of the shanahan regime? What about the last ten seasons where we made the playoffs only 3 times and won only 1 playoff game? mike had ten years to win a title after elway hung them up, and couldn't do it. And you won't even give this guy 3 years to try?

you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette....

I'm not happy the Broncos are 3-8...nor am I enamored with josh's 9-16 record. but to put it into perspective for you...mike shanahan's record after his first 36 games in the NFL stood at 16-20...and keep in mind he had a few hall of fame players on his rosters.

I am happy that we've got unselfish players who put the team's goals in front of their personal goals...in fact i'd dare say that josh has this team and players thinking alike. their only goal is to win.

I like that he's drafting/signing players from Penn State not the State Pen

I'm happy that we have very few if any malcontents on this team who think the world owes them something cuz they can play football at a high level.

I'm happy that he's got the passing game working very well, and drafted some young guys to build a good OL...he's tried to infuse some youth onto this team. He's coached Orton into becoming a potential franchise QB who should put up good numbers for several years barring injury. I imagine what might have been had our running game not gotten derailed by injuries and inexperience....

I will say that he needs to fix the defense....which to be honest should have always been the priority when Mike was here. Quit scrounging the waiver wire for diamonds in the rough and get a guy who can produce. Imagine what this team could have done with a road block DT that requires a double or triple team on virtually every play?

Firing McDaniels now won't make this team better...we need to acquire better players, more playmakers, especially on D....then if he can't win with a roster of good to great players, then i have no problem firing him

zdoor
11-30-2010, 08:04 AM

The true fan thing is getting really tired...

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Oh, that this too solid flesh would melt and resolve itself into adieu.

go_broncos
11-30-2010, 08:06 AM

If you are true fan..you want Mcd to be fired..He is ruining the team.
Support the team and not the coach that keeps trading player's like Hillis.

bronco militia
11-30-2010, 08:08 AM
If you are true fan..you want______

that's the lamest thing I've ever seen posted at the Orange Mane

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 08:09 AM
So you gonna shut off your internet service? Cancel your newspaper subscription? Have your direct TV or cable service cut? Or you gonna be like those who say they'll not care about the team anymore and yet they'll still check the box scores and read the news about this team you're so embarrassed by?

Were you embarrassed by our .500 record the last three seasons of the shanahan regime? What about the last ten seasons where we made the playoffs only 3 times and won only 1 playoff game? mike had ten years to win a title after elway hung them up, and couldn't do it. And you won't even give this guy 3 years to try?

you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette....

I'm not happy the Broncos are 3-8...nor am I enamored with josh's 9-16 record. but to put it into perspective for you...mike shanahan's record after his first 36 games in the NFL stood at 16-20...and keep in mind he had a few hall of fame players on his rosters.

I am happy that we've got unselfish players who put the team's goals in front of their personal goals...in fact i'd dare say that josh has this team and players thinking alike. their only goal is to win.

I like that he's drafting/signing players from Penn State not the State Pen

I'm happy that we have very few if any malcontents on this team who think the world owes them something cuz they can play football at a high level.

I'm happy that he's got the passing game working very well, and drafted some young guys to build a good OL...he's tried to infuse some youth onto this team. He's coached Orton into becoming a potential franchise QB who should put up good numbers for several years barring injury. I imagine what might have been had our running game not gotten derailed by injuries and inexperience....

I will say that he needs to fix the defense....which to be honest should have always been the priority when Mike was here. Quit scrounging the waiver wire for diamonds in the rough and get a guy who can produce. Imagine what this team could have done with a road block DT that requires a double or triple team on virtually every play?

Firing McDaniels now won't make this team better...we need to acquire better players, more playmakers, especially on D....then if he can't win with a roster of good to great players, then i have no problem firing him

the problem with all of that is

HE IS THE ONE BRINGING IN THE PLAYERS

I have zero faith in him fixing our defensive problems

that was our biggest problem when he got hired and what did he do? Go out and draft offense and offense and offense.

Josh is over his head and doesn't have a clue how to do the personnel part.

Why Bowlen has let Josh control the personnel decisions is beyond me, but it is what it is and unless we fix that aspect of Josh, then I see no reason to keep him.

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 08:10 AM
that's the lamest thing I've ever seen posted at the Orange Mane

Stick around...

bronco militia
11-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Stick around...

10 years and counting.....congrats go_broncos

broncofan2438
11-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Cant we just pull the plug on the season now?? Call the commish, were done

broncosteven
11-30-2010, 08:13 AM

Who gets the reference?

Hamlet reference for taking down as many people as possible?

Gutless Drunk
11-30-2010, 08:15 AM
the problem with all of that is

HE IS THE ONE BRINGING IN THE PLAYERS

I have zero faith in him fixing our defensive problems

that was our biggest problem when he got hired and what did he do? Go out and draft offense and offense and offense.

Josh is over his head and doesn't have a clue how to do the personnel part.

Why Bowlen has let Josh control the personnel decisions is beyond me, but it is what it is and unless we fix that aspect of Josh, then I see no reason to keep him.

NFL Team Total Defense Statistics - 2010
Points Per Game Leaders:
#32 Denver 29.4

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 08:16 AM
Cant we just pull the plug on the season now?? Call the commish, were done

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dsx2vdn7gpY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

errand
11-30-2010, 08:16 AM
seriously, you are going to pull that card out eh?

I don't think anyones fandom is in question (well, not EVERYONE, I don't get rooting for the team to lose)

but honestly, when San Diego started to score last monday, you didn't think, uh-oh, here we go

when the Rams started passing at will on us, you didn't think...oh man, not again?

at this point, I'm like a beat dog, if the master raises up the newspaper, I'm gonna shrink and pee on myself a bit

Yeah, i'm gonna break out that card, because there are better fans than others. You need to see that movie starring Oswalt Patton called "Big Fan", and you might understand. A true fan doesn't walk out of the stadium when their team is getting pummelled 59-14. It's like marriage vows, for better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer.

Sorry, but there are alot of clowns who claim to be fans who secretly rejoice when the team loses if it fits their template or agenda. you gonna tell me there aren't so-called fans on here who'd rather see the Browns win with Peyton Hillis than see the Broncos win without him?

so when the Packers scored first in SB XXXII, did you're "Oh no here we go again..." **** start too? I get disappointed when the Broncos play poorly, but I don't have knee jerk reactions to losses....Oh, and i never think "Here we go again..." except whenever i read alot of people's posts on here demanding McDaniels head on a platter

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah, i'm gonna break out that card, because there are better fans than others. You need to see that movie starring Oswalt Patton called "Big Fan", and you might understand. A true fan doesn't walk out of the stadium when their team is getting pummelled 59-14. It's like marriage vows, for better or worse, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer.

Sorry, but there are alot of clowns who claim to be fans who secretly rejoice when the team loses if it fits their template or agenda. you gonna tell me there aren't so-called fans on here who'd rather see the Browns win with Peyton Hillis than see the Broncos win without him?

so when the Packers scored first in SB XXXII, did you're "Oh no here we go again..." **** start too? I get disappointed when the Broncos play poorly, but I don't have knee jerk reactions to losses....Oh, and i never think "Here we go again..." except whenever i read alot of people's posts on here demanding McDaniels head on a platter

well sir, I bow down to your fandom

errand
11-30-2010, 08:20 AM
If you are true fan..you want Mcd to be fired..He is ruining the team.
Support the team and not the coach that keeps trading player's like Hillis.

your honor i'd like to submit the following post into evidence as Defense Exhibit A

errand
11-30-2010, 08:21 AM

you could learn alot from a fan like me.....;D

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 08:23 AM

http://www.shorefire.com/media/superfan-logo-white_20090709_93440.png

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 08:25 AM
your honor i'd like to submit the following post into evidence as Defense Exhibit A

well that is what I was talking about....I don't root for the team to lose ever

but I'm gunshy....at this point, I expect the worse after all the blowups and craziness of this season

errand
11-30-2010, 08:26 AM

...what about the spoiled fan who thinks the coach should be fired every time the Broncos don't go 19-0 with bowlen hoisting the lombardi every year?

I said it before and i'll say it again...there are some who love this team unconditionally, and others who don't. there are some on here who'd rather the Broncos lose without their favorite players/coach on the team (Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Griese) than have them win without them.

so what do you call fans like that? Are they true fans or psuedo-fans?

RaiderH8r
11-30-2010, 08:26 AM
It's quite the turn around in two hours.

Look. It's scotch, in a football.

yerner
11-30-2010, 08:32 AM

You're bizzaro.

errand
11-30-2010, 08:34 AM
well that is what I was talking about....I don't root for the team to lose ever

but I'm gunshy....at this point, I expect the worse after all the blowups and craziness of this season

I'm gonna tell you now...there ARE numerous posters on this very website who root for certain players and coaches more than they root for the Broncos. doesn't mean you can't be critical of players or coaches...but when your hatred for the coach or player is greater than your love for the team?

errand
11-30-2010, 08:37 AM
You're bizzaro.

Yeah..i am the opposite of alot of so-called fans on here. I love the team...not any one player or coach, or even owner.

I look at this team objectively...not emotionally.

jhns
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm gonna tell you now...there ARE numerous posters on this very website who root for certain players and coaches more than they root for the Broncos. doesn't mean you can't be critical of players or coaches...but when your hatred for the coach or player is greater than your love for the team?

LOL

"If you don't like the coach, you are a bad fan!"

Riiiight. I say if you support the downfall of the franchise, YOU are the bad fan... Why would you be happy that we are being turned into the joke of the league? Why would you like the guy that made this happen?

yerner
11-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah..i am the opposite of alot of so-called fans on here. I love the team...not any one player or coach, or even owner.

No.

Rabb
11-30-2010, 08:52 AM
are we really going to do the "real fan" thing again?

my God, one TSI is enough

errand
11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
LOL

"If you don't like the coach, you are a bad fan!"

Riiiight. I say if you support the downfall of the franchise, YOU are the bad fan... Why would you be happy that we are being turned into the joke of the league? Why would you like the guy that made this happen?

You're a prime example of the "fan" i'm talking about. It's one thing to say the coach sucks at drafting players, etc. it's another when you'd rather the Broncos lose with McDaniels than win without Shanahan. That you'd rather they lose with Orton than win without Cutler...hell we even got a 120 page thread full of your kind that silently rejoice when the Browns win with hillis.

in this thread alone we've seen numerous posts describing exactly what i'm talking about. One who said they'd rather we lose our last 5 games than have McDaniels as our head coach.....while i can understand not likking a head coach. i cannot understand wishing your team would lose any game, lert alone their last 5

jhns
11-30-2010, 08:55 AM

LOL

And you come away with if you hate Josh you aren't a fan? Objective must have a new meaning that I haven't heard. Even Bowlen is questioning Josh's job status.

It doesn't make you a bad fan if you hate a coach or player, unless that person has actually done something like win SBs for the team. You are claiming that someone doesn't really love their mother because they don't support the cancer she has. I mean, she has the cancer so you have to support it, right?

Popps
11-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm gonna tell you now...there ARE numerous posters on this very website who root for certain players and coaches more than they root for the Broncos.

In other news...

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/what-if-man-landed-on-the-moon-today-present-modern-day-2009-slate-v.jpg

jhns
11-30-2010, 09:02 AM
You're a prime example of the "fan" i'm talking about. It's one thing to say the coach sucks at drafting players, etc. it's another when you'd rather the Broncos lose with McDaniels than win without Shanahan. That you'd rather they lose with Orton than win without Cutler...hell we even got a 120 page thread full of your kind that silently rejoice when the Browns win with hillis.

in this thread alone we've seen numerous posts describing exactly what i'm talking about. One who said they'd rather we lose our last 5 games than have McDaniels as our head coach.....while i can understand not likking a head coach. i cannot understand wishing your team would lose any game, lert alone their last 5

You are such a douche. First, I have like 3 posts in that huge Hillis thread. I am not one that goes on and on about Hillis. Second, I have never once wanted the Broncos to lose for any reason. I dislike McDaniels because he is turning us into losers. You post doesn't even make sense.

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 09:03 AM
LOL

And you come away with if you hate Josh you aren't a fan? Objective must have a new meaning that I haven't heard. Even Bowlen is questioning Josh's job status.

It doesn't make you a bad fan if you hate a coach or player, unless that person has actually done something like win SBs for the team. You are claiming that someone doesn't really love their mother because they don't support the cancer she has. I mean, she has the cancer so you have to support it, right?

http://horrornews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/omg_wtf_cat.jpg

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 09:04 AM
You are such a douche. First, I have like 3 posts in that huge Hillis thread. I am not one that goes on and on about Hillis. Second, I have never once wanted the Broncos to lose for any reason. I dislike McDaniels because he is turning us into losers. You post doesn't even make sense.

Tell him about your Cutler love poetry. That'll get him. :thumbsup:

Popps
11-30-2010, 09:05 AM
http://horrornews.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/omg_wtf_cat.jpg

:rofl:

Good god, can you people please quit quoting these mouth-breathers.

Don't kill our ignore-buzz!

jhns
11-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Tell him about your Cutler love poetry. That'll get him. :thumbsup:

To or from Cutler?

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 09:06 AM

I just had to give him the WTF Cat for that one. What can I say? I'm bored. ;D

Chris
11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
In other news...

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/what-if-man-landed-on-the-moon-today-present-modern-day-2009-slate-v.jpg

http://upenngazettesports.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/lloyd-christmas5.jpg

That's fantastic!

jhns
11-30-2010, 09:08 AM

Yeah! We haven't grown up enough to figure out how to not read a post that shows jhns at the top! You do the work for us!

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah! We haven't grown up enough to figure out how to not read a post that shows jhns at the top! You do the work for us!

You know... people are talking about you.

errand
11-30-2010, 09:10 AM
LOL

So riddle me this batman...

Last five games of the season...do you want the Broncos to win them even if it means we might have McDaniels as our coach next year...or do you want them to lose them which will probably bring about the regime change you so eagerly want?

errand
11-30-2010, 09:11 AM
...BTW, my mom actually did die of cancer.

jhns
11-30-2010, 09:13 AM
You know... people are talking about you.

Duh. I am a special person. People will always talk about me.

Chris
11-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Duh. I am a special person. People will always talk about me.

You got the first part right.

jhns
11-30-2010, 09:17 AM
So riddle me this batman...

Last five games of the season...do you want the Broncos to win them even if it means we might have McDaniels as our coach next year...or do you want them to lose them which will probably bring about the regime change you so eagerly want?

I would rather him win every game from here on by 40+ points so that I never think about a regime change again.

jhns
11-30-2010, 09:18 AM
...BTW, my mom actually did die of cancer.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Steve Sewell
11-30-2010, 09:19 AM
I have to admit that I'm starting to lose faith in McD.

However, I think its complete folly to fire him after this season. I think doing so would demonstrate weak-mindedness and lack of institutional control, and would send this franchise into a tailspin that could take many years to right.

The Broncos are in "rebuilding" mode. They have some stop-gaps, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that are clearly not working out this year. Compound this with absolutely horrible injury luck, and you have a recipe for disaster.

The first thing that Bowlen should do is hire an experienced, credible General Manager to oversee operation of the franchise, and let McD do his job, which is coaching. It was idiotic to place so much responsibility on a young, first time head coach, and that's why we're seeing all of these organizational gaffes from an administration and personnel perspective. If McD disagrees with that, THEN you have cause to fire him. However, I still believe that McD has the opportunity to be one of the better coaching minds in the NFL...just let the guy do his job and let someone who knows what the hell they are doing run the personnel/business side of the operation.

PRBronco
11-30-2010, 09:29 AM
I have to admit that I'm starting to lose faith in McD.

However, I think its complete folly to fire him after this season. I think doing so would demonstrate weak-mindedness and lack of institutional control, and would send this franchise into a tailspin that could take many years to right.

The Broncos are in "rebuilding" mode. They have some stop-gaps, especially on the defensive side of the ball, that are clearly not working out this year. Compound this with absolutely horrible injury luck, and you have a recipe for disaster.

The first thing that Bowlen should do is hire an experienced, credible General Manager to oversee operation of the franchise, and let McD do his job, which is coaching. It was idiotic to place so much responsibility on a young, first time head coach, and that's why we're seeing all of these organizational gaffes from an administration and personnel perspective. If McD disagrees with that, THEN you have cause to fire him. However, I still believe that McD has the opportunity to be one of the better coaching minds in the NFL...just let the guy do his job and let someone who knows what the hell they are doing run the personnel/business side of the operation.

This is one of the best non-Drek posts I've seen on the Mane in a long time. It should be mandatory reading.

errand
11-30-2010, 09:29 AM
The Broncos are in a rebuilding mode....it'll take a couple more seasons before we become perrenial contenders. so of it is due to the mess josh inherited and some of it is due to his own screw-ups. But if you think McDaniels 3.0 is gonna be worse than whomever in year one, getting rid of josh's people for his people, changing josh's system for his system, making wholesale changes....then you're gonna be greatly disappointed.

If Josh didn't produce after his contract was up, then i have no problems firing him....but let's see if this team shows marked improvement after 3 seasons before we string the guy up with piano wire.

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 09:36 AM
It's done folks,

He got caught cheating in a losing effort... The bad press alone should be grounds for termination.

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 09:42 AM

see you don't get it. a true fan would never bow tot he fandom of another fan.

cutthemdown
Bow tot he fandom? sounds like a star wars character.

broncocalijohn

especially when it is ok to go 3-8 with 5 games to go just to match our mediocre record of 8-8 in recent years. I would never be like our former a-hole poster Lex and root on the opposing team just to get a few spots up on the draft board. I want to win our last 5 gqmes and will continue to watch the Broncos to do just that. Problem with Errand is he is still living in fantasy land. Even McD fan club president Popps has come out and made complaints against McDaniels. The writing is on the wall and I would say 90% to 95% have fallen off the McD bandwagon. You could stay and preach but if McD goes, it no longer will bother me. Well, the part that he screwed up this team even more. That part is hard to swallow. We have had two bad coaches in the last 5 years. Yes, Shanny is to blame also but we have lost so much positives that can help this team. If McD sticks around, so be it but there better be changes somewhere and that includes a real FO.

bronco_diesel
11-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Bow tot he fandom? sounds like a star wars character.

the fandom menace...

PRBronco
11-30-2010, 09:48 AM
It's done folks,

He got caught cheating in a losing effort... The bad press alone should be grounds for termination.

Except that he didn't.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Except that he didn't.

I don't get that comment either. If he got "caught cheating" there would have been a lot more than a $100,000 fine.

go_broncos
11-30-2010, 09:51 AM
especially when it is ok to go 3-8 with 5 games to go just to match our mediocre record of 8-8 in recent years. I would never be like our former a-hole poster Lex and root on the opposing team just to get a few spots up on the draft board. I want to win our last 5 gqmes and will continue to watch the Broncos to do just that. Problem with Errand is he is still living in fantasy land. Even McD fan club president Popps has come out and made complaints against McDaniels. The writing is on the wall and I would say 90% to 95% have fallen off the McD bandwagon. You could stay and preach but if McD goes, it no longer will bother me. Well, the part that he screwed up this team even more. That part is hard to swallow. We have had two bad coaches in the last 5 years. Yes, Shanny is to blame also but we have lost so much positives that can help this team. If McD sticks around, so be it but there better be changes somewhere and that includes a real FO.

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Except that he didn't.

OK... then his employee got caught cheating during a losing effort while under his watch.

Still a fireable offense, and I don't believe for a split second that the team videographer just went rogue for the hell of it.

Tell the truth, doesn't anyone wonder if that magical 6-0 start had anything to do with his staff cheating?

DrFate
11-30-2010, 09:56 AM

Constant turnover is a recipe for disaster. Pulling a knee jerk reaction every two years leads to a regular cellar dweller.

That said - I have trouble finding ANY reason why McDaniels deserves more time. The guy is borderline schizophrenic. Running players and coaches out of town, irrational trades and drafts, constant unrest coming from Bronco HQ - there really is no end to it. I can't see how ANYONE thinks this franchise is in better shape than when he walked in 2 years ago.

The Rams are on rise. The Bucs are on the rise. The Jets and Bills and Lions are on the rise. The only team that is demonstrably worse than Denver right now is the Panthers (although Arizona is getting there real quick).

This isn't a rebuild. This is a collapse. This isn't the guy to lead this franchise.

bendog
11-30-2010, 09:57 AM
OK... then his team got caught cheating during a losing effort while under his watch.

Still a fireable offense, and I don't believe for a split second that the team videographer just went rogue for the hell of it.

The rogue video guy story really makes no sense. The whole thing makes no sense. Could it be that McD is so arrogant that he thought he could get away with it, and if he got caught he could threaten the video guy with being blackballed by other teams unless he took the fall? I'd say that makes no sense, but McD traded a 20 pick for a 40 because he thought he was a better judge of talent than Holmgren and Co and thinks Nolan needs his imput to coach this defense which is actually worse than last years..... It's just a crazy situation.

vancejohnson82
11-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Constant turnover is a recipe for disaster. Pulling a knee jerk reaction every two years leads to a regular cellar dweller.

That said - I have trouble finding ANY reason why McDaniels deserves more time. The guy is borderline schizophrenic. Running players and coaches out of town, irrational trades and drafts, constant unrest coming from Bronco HQ - there really is no end to it. I can't see how ANYONE thinks this franchise is in better shape than when he walked in 2 years ago.

The Rams are on rise. The Bucs are on the rise. The Jets and Bills and Lions are on the rise. The only team that is demonstrably worse than Denver right now is the Panthers (although Arizona is getting there real quick).

This isn't a rebuild. This is a collapse. This isn't the guy to lead this franchise.

reallly? The Bills huh?

Rascal
11-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I agree, but i think the offensive pieces are in place....

Didn't we hear the exact same thing with Cutler/Marshall/Co? We are exactly back where we were before but worse as our coach and his staff are just as devoid of talent/brains as the rest of our team.

bowtown
11-30-2010, 10:22 AM
OK... then his employee got caught cheating during a losing effort while under his watch.

Tell the truth, doesn't anyone wonder if that magical 6-0 start had anything to do with his staff cheating?

No. He went 6-0 in his first season. How in the world would you compile video tape of teams haven't played yet?

TonyR
11-30-2010, 10:24 AM
...doesn't anyone wonder if that magical 6-0 start had anything to do with his staff cheating?

Uh, no. I don't wonder that. No.

DrFate
11-30-2010, 10:33 AM
reallly? The Bills huh?

look at the schedule

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=BUF

look at the scores against pretty good teams

8 points to the Pats
3 points to the Ravens
3 points to the Chefs
3 pionts to the Bears
3 points to the Steelers

That's 5 playoff teams where they were in the game till the last minute, 2-3 in their last 5 - yeah, the Bills

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 10:35 AM
No. He went 6-0 in his first season. How in the world would you compile video tape of teams haven't played yet?

He was caught taping a teams walk-through the day before the game... something he would have had the opportunity to do from the first game on.

Look, I'm not saying that is what happened. But it sure seems strange that this team was unstopable for 6 weeks last season and ever since, with the same talent, they have lost 16 out of 21.

To me it looks like someone lost their competitive advantage.

bendog
11-30-2010, 10:36 AM
look at the schedule

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=BUF

look at the scores against pretty good teams

8 points to the Pats
3 points to the Ravens
3 points to the Chefs
3 pionts to the Bears
3 points to the Steelers

That's 5 playoff teams where they were in the game till the last minute, 2-3 in their last 5 - yeah, the Bills

I'd agree they have at least stabilized, but I don't think Fitzpatrick is an answer. I am surprised by the job Chan Gailey has done.

Rascal
11-30-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd agree they have at least stabilized, but I don't think Fitzpatrick is an answer. I am surprised by the job Chan Gailey has done.

I think Fitzpatrick is a good QB. They would have beat the Steelers if God hadn't intervened.

DrFate
11-30-2010, 10:44 AM

I'm torn on Fitzpatrick as a long-term answer.

I guess my point was these franchises seem to be going in the right direction. The teams are competitive and their fans are excited. The guys on the field play hard and the games are good.

bendog
11-30-2010, 10:47 AM
I think Fitzpatrick is a good QB. They would have beat the Steelers if God hadn't intervened.

He's having a career year for him. Chan Gailey is a competent offensive coach, no doubt. GaTech wen to something like 5 straight bowls with him. I don't count getting fired in Dallas against anyone. I hadn't realized Gailey was on R66v6s staff for five years.

vancejohnson82
11-30-2010, 10:47 AM

my point by saying that is although they've improved in the last 4 or 5 games over the last two years the two teams have not been that much different as far as their consistency and team/fan morale.

The Steelers game for them was like our game against the Jets this year.

And we played the Colts pretty tough...but whatever, I'm trying to argue that the Broncos are comparable to one of the worst teams in the league...which they are

BigPlayShay
11-30-2010, 10:48 AM
He was caught taping a teams walk-through the day before the game... something he would have had the opportunity to do from the first game on.

Look, I'm not saying that is what happened. But it sure seems strange that this team was unstopable for 6 weeks last season and ever since, with the same talent, they have lost 16 out of 21.

To me it looks like someone lost their competitive advantage.

The opportunity to film the 9ers walkthrough was completely unique as it was held in the same facility that the Broncos Walkthrough was held earlier. This rarely happens that both teams hold their walkthrough in the same place. The only other time I could think it would happen would be the Super Bowl.

bendog
11-30-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm torn on Fitzpatrick as a long-term answer.

I guess my point was these franchises seem to be going in the right direction. The teams are competitive and their fans are excited. The guys on the field play hard and the games are good.

Well I think Greg Berman and TJ would agree with you. And, I don't think anyone rationally can say Den is as good now as it was when Shanny got fired.

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 10:52 AM
The opportunity to film the 9ers walkthrough was completely unique as it was held in the same facility that the Broncos Walkthrough was held earlier. This rarely happens that both teams hold their walkthrough in the same place. The only other time I could think it would happen would be the Super Bowl.

Really, I though it was common for teams to have scheduled walkthroughs the day before games... both home and away?

BigPlayShay
11-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Really, I though it was common for teams to have scheduled walkthroughs the day before games... both home and away?

Yes, but not in the same facility. The away team will often have their walkthrough in a conference/ballroom of the hotel they are staying in. The home team may have it at the teams facility.

TheProfessor
11-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes, but not in the same facility. The away team will often have their walkthrough in a conference/ballroom of the hotel they are staying in. The home team may have it at the teams facility.

Idon't know, something had to have happened before, because San Fran said they were aware of it and covered everything up to throw us off.

But let me stop there, I have no idea if there is more to it than has been reported. And frankly josh has done enough damage without the whole "cheating" scandal. This is just icing on a very bitter cake.

That and I'm still trying to figure out what happened in the first 6 games last season, and why the coaching staff can't seem to replicate it.

bendog
11-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Idon't know, something had to have happened before, because San Fran said they were aware of it and covered everything up to throw us off.

But let me stop there, I have no idea if there is more to it than has been reported. And frankly josh has done enough damage without the whole "cheating" scandal. This is just icing on a very bitter cake.

That and I'm still trying to figure out what happened in the first 6 games last season, and why the coaching staff can't seem to replicate it.

They gave up 10 pts or less in the first four games, 17 in the fifth which they won in OT, then 23 in a MNF shootout with SD, and then proceeded to average giving up around 29 for the next four losses. Then they won two by giving up under 10 to the Giants and 14 to the chorfs.

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/denver-broncos/results/2009

They have held ONE team to less than 17 this year.

WolfpackGuy
11-30-2010, 11:19 AM
The dreaded vote of confidence always precedes the real story.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 11:44 AM
The dreaded vote of confidence always precedes the real story.

Yup, and this is why I'm surprised by everyone's reaction to this. This is what always happens. Both Wade Phillips and Brad Childress got votes of confidence at some point this season. Last I checked that didn't turn out too well for either of them. It's a fluid process and you can never take what they say at face value.

bendog
11-30-2010, 11:51 AM
But Jerry had a coach in waiting in Garrett, and Zygi has to get voters to buy him a new stadium. Bowlen just let Champ walk because he's shutting off the ATM in preparation for a lockout that will last possibly an entire season. If he fires McD now, he will be paying three coaches with no players needing coaching..... If the stadium is empty for the last two games, does Bowlen really care at this pt. It's not like fans will be happy when July rolls around and there's no new CBA.

if the fans actually revolt and start mailing tickets back to dove vally or really becoming vocal and physical, then Bowlen prolly has no choice. Ed Donatel has the most experience in years as a coordinator, but he'd have to bump him up over Wink.

baja
11-30-2010, 11:56 AM

Given the direction this economy is going that will happen anyway and it won't be only the Denver Broncos.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Given the direction this economy is going...

To be fair, baja, although the recovery is slow and bumpy it might be fair to say that the economy is actually improving rather than deteriorating.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
But Jerry had a coach in waiting in Garrett, and Zygi has to get voters to buy him a new stadium.

Oh, I agree, the situations are different. I'm not suggesting that Bowlen will fire McDaniels any time soon, only that any reaction to Bowlen's statements on the matter are probably over reactions.

baja
11-30-2010, 12:18 PM
To be fair, baja, although the recovery is slow and bumpy it might be fair to say that the economy is actually improving rather than deteriorating.

Not if you follow the eroding housing and job market. Not to mention the status of the dollar around the world. The worst is yet to come.

Think post "The sun never sets on the British empire" era.

TonyR
11-30-2010, 12:21 PM
The worst is yet to come.

Yes, possible. You're talking more macro and long term than I was referring to.

baja
11-30-2010, 12:27 PM
Yes, possible. You're talking more macro and long term than I was referring to.

When you dump 2 trillion units of funny money in the market place things are bound to appear better for a while but in the long run they will be worse and the cost for the short term boost will be the distruction of the dollar, a tragedy really.

It turned painfull into fatal.

Homer Simpson
11-30-2010, 12:46 PM
People talk about NO progress.

Has the O line not improved? Has Orton not improved this year from last? Has Moreno not had 3 really good weeks? Our WR core more balanced, one of the best in the league? The run D is better with Ayers back no? Ourpass rush will be better with Doom back next year no?

yerner
11-30-2010, 12:48 PM

Has the O line not improved? Has Orton not improved this year from last? Has Moreno not had 3 really good weeks? Our WR core more balanced, one of the best in the league? The run D is better with Ayers back no? Ourpass rush will be better with Doom back next year no?

No.

Homer Simpson
11-30-2010, 12:51 PM
*slow claps*

Must be a wonderful existence being so blinded by pure hatred.

ZONA
11-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Pathetic title for this post. There is NOTHING in Bowlens statement that says Josh is coaching for his job, as the thread started declared. Gotta love how people always put their own spin on things. That was maybe one of the most generic statements by Bowlen ever. I mean, what owner doesn't say that about his team. Basically he's saying, we're always evaluating everybody, from players to coaches.

zdoor
11-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Pathetic title for this post. There is NOTHING in Bowlens statement that says Josh is coaching for his job, as the thread started declared. Gotta love how people always put their own spin on things. That was maybe one of the most generic statements by Bowlen ever. I mean, what owner doesn't say that about his team. Basically he's saying, we're always evaluating everybody, from players to coaches.

What makes it more of a statement on Josh's future is that it was issued as clarification of the report stating Josh had security through 2011...

PRBronco
11-30-2010, 01:08 PM
What makes it more of a statement on Josh's future is that it was issued as clarification of the report stating Josh had security through 2011...

This is what I'm fuzzy on. I don't think it was a "oh **** people got the wrong impression, I need to more clearly define this" type of thing. I think it was a "I'll talk to the press on Monday" kind of thing. One thing was a written statement, one was an interview where he fielded direct questions about firing Josh. From what I can tell they released the statement afterwards but I don't think his intention was to clarify anything from the interview, it was the timing of the statement's release that set the Mane (and thus the entire interwebs) off.

bendog
11-30-2010, 01:10 PM
*slow claps*

it must be a wonderful existence to live in your fantasy. The team SCORES LESS AND GIVES UP MORE THAN IN 2008. But the fact that the team is WORSE isn't in itself a reason to fire the guy IF there's some indication it'll get better. I could say that with two drafts and Tebow having a full year of non workstoppage starting, there's a reason to be optimistic. But then, if McD thought he needed to trash his own staff in front of the owner to save his pathetic ass and had to spy on the FORTY NINERS to beat them, then it is probably hopeless.

go_broncos
11-30-2010, 01:10 PM

I just don't see it..

Homer Simpson
11-30-2010, 01:14 PM
I just don't see it..

So Moreno and the O line have NOT improved? Orton isnt having a better year than last year? Serious?

zdoor
11-30-2010, 01:17 PM
So Moreno and the O line have NOT improved? Orton isnt having a better year than last year? Serious?

Not when compared to 2008, prior to Josh...

broncocalijohn
11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
*slow claps*

You know, those that hate on McD can say the same about those that think he smells like flowers.

Homer Simpson
11-30-2010, 01:24 PM
You know, those that hate on McD can say the same about those that think he smells like flowers.

Can't someone be in the middle? I was absolutely furious on Sunday when we abandoned the run after the first q, I was just saying that I had seen improvement in some areas in recent weeks.

yerner
11-30-2010, 01:25 PM
*slow claps*

Yeah. I hate ****ty football teams and coaches that flash marginal talent and effort once a month. Guilty.

The honest answer is no. I see no improvement.

Requiem
11-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah. I hate ****ty football teams and coaches that flash marginal talent and effort once a month. Guilty.

The honest answer is no. I see no improvement.

You must have been having a terrible time watching the team for the past five years!

bronco militia
11-30-2010, 01:27 PM

This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us. We haven't had the success we had hoped to achieve. Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos ... and you always strive for stability at that position. However, with five games left in the 2010 season we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise.

it's a good thing Bowlen released (for no reason?) a second statement 2 hours after the first one

yerner
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
You must have been having a terrible time watching the team for the past five years!

Yeah. It's been awful. Am I wrong?

bronco militia
11-30-2010, 01:29 PM
http://m2.wnymedia.net/files/2010/04/officerBarbrady.gif

bendog
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM

I was ok for 06 and 07 because it was pretty much what I expected after shanny blew it up after the Pitt game, though that running back who fathered kids like an unneutered stray annoyed me. 08 was painful with the continued slide of the defense. bowlen couldn't pay me to watch the last two.

Gutless Drunk
11-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Not when compared to 2008, prior to Josh...

2008 Offense ratings:
# 16 Scoring at 23.1 PPG
#2 yards at 395.8 YPG

2010 Offense
#17 Scoring at 22.17 PPG
#8 yards at 367.3 YPG

2008 Defense:
#30 in scoring at 28.0 PPG
#29 yards at 374 YPG

2010 Defense:
#32 Scoring at 29.4 PPG
#27 yards at 380.6 YPG

jhns
11-30-2010, 01:32 PM

No, the o-line hasn't improved. We were a top 2 line when Josh got here. Are we a top line in the league now?

If everything has gotten so much better, why hasn't the record gotten better? Are you saying Josh is that bad of a game day coach?

broncocalijohn
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Can't someone be in the middle? I was absolutely furious on Sunday when we abandoned the run after the first q, I was just saying that I had seen improvement in some areas in recent weeks.

losing to the Rams is what counts when you are struggling to win a game. I was a fan of McD, then shifted to the middle and stated my complaints publicly and now dont care what happens to him. He hasnt had an offensive plan in two games. WTF did he think to abandon the run? It is one thing that needs to show improvement and it was working! Josh put all the pressure, once again, on Orton to get us the win. We needed to kill the clock so the defense stays off the field. He F ed it up. It sucks to be on the same side as go_broncos and colonelbeef but it is what it is and that is McDaniels sucks as a coach and anything else his title states. I jumped off the McD bandwagon and you can too. I am not going to support someone blindly anymore after what I saw Shanny did to this team the last few years. When he gets canned, it will be much easier to take even though it will sting.

If everything has gotten so much better, why hasn't the record gotten better? Are you saying Josh is that bad of a game day coach?

Yes, yes it has proven that he is.

zdoor
11-30-2010, 01:33 PM
This is what I'm fuzzy on. I don't think it was a "oh **** people got the wrong impression, I need to more clearly define this" type of thing. I think it was a "I'll talk to the press on Monday" kind of thing. One thing was a written statement, one was an interview where he fielded direct questions about firing Josh. From what I can tell they released the statement afterwards but I don't think his intention was to clarify anything from the interview, it was the timing of the statement's release that set the Mane (and thus the entire interwebs) off.

From Mike Klis, DPO:

First, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Josh McDaniels is coming back to coach his team next year.

Then, Bowlen read his words and realized they came out a little stronger than he intended so he put out a more carefully worded statement that said heíll evaluate at seasonís end.

go_broncos
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM

I hope you are watching the same game..Our offense has too many 3 and outs in the middle 2nd and 3rd Quarters.
Once the game is out of reach, then our offense suddenly wakes up.
That's the reason Orton is having good stats.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 02:13 PM
From Mike Klis, DPO:

First, Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said Josh McDaniels is coming back to coach his team next year.

Then, Bowlen read his words and realized they came out a little stronger than he intended so he put out a more carefully worded statement that said heíll evaluate at seasonís end.

or he had a moment of clarity from his Alzheimer stricken mind and was like..crap, did I say that?

oubronco
11-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Every coach should be coaching for their job and every player should be playing for their job

TheReverend
11-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Bowlen should "McDaniels" McDaniels and refer to him as "the coach" and make constant statements that they're looking at other coaches that might be in the best interest of the football team.

jhns
11-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Bowlen should "McDaniels" McDaniels and refer to him as "the coach" and make constant statements that they're looking at other coaches that might be in the best interest of the football team.

LOL

I don't get how some can downplay this. Bowlen just made a huge statement. Can anyone think of another time that he didn't say his coach was here to stay? He said Shanahan was coach for life a little before firing him. He has said Josh would be around right up until this. Has this ever happened before with Bowlen (I was pretty young before Shanahan)? If so, did that coach stay past that season?

gunns
11-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Maybe Bowlen got the final tally on the no shows for Sunday.

Sassy
11-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Hmmm didn't Jerry Jones and the Vikes dude say the same thing the week before Phillips and Childress were fired!

Sassy
11-30-2010, 03:05 PM
or he had a moment of clarity from his Alzheimer stricken mind and was like..crap, did I say that?

Actually just heard an interview with Bowlen...said he is still in charge of the team and didn't know where the health issues concerns were coming from.

OrangenBlueOhio
11-30-2010, 04:38 PM

" The coach knows we will be looking at possible replacements for the coach, as it is in the best interest of the owner, but I really like the way things are playing out this year, umm for a while,......... I think, let me get back to you"

ZONA
11-30-2010, 07:33 PM
losing to the Rams is what counts when you are struggling to win a game. I was a fan of McD, then shifted to the middle and stated my complaints publicly and now dont care what happens to him. He hasnt had an offensive plan in two games. WTF did he think to abandon the run? It is one thing that needs to show improvement and it was working! Josh put all the pressure, once again, on Orton to get us the win. We needed to kill the clock so the defense stays off the field. He F ed it up. It sucks to be on the same side as go_broncos and colonelbeef but it is what it is and that is McDaniels sucks as a coach and anything else his title states. I jumped off the McD bandwagon and you can too. I am not going to support someone blindly anymore after what I saw Shanny did to this team the last few years. When he gets canned, it will be much easier to take even though it will sting.

So........if we get a new coach, and say in his 2nd year, he had to suffer the same unlucky injury bug this team has had to deal with, are you going to be jumping off that bandwagon also? Just askin.

Dagmar
11-30-2010, 07:39 PM

Sorry if the title is misleading to you, I took it straight from Vic Lombardi when the "clarification statement" story broke.

Popps
11-30-2010, 07:54 PM
Just stopped in here to make sure the hatred was flowing.

As you were. :)

broncosteven
11-30-2010, 08:21 PM

Like MawMaw on that Fox show Raising Hope.

bronco militia
12-01-2010, 07:26 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/FireMcdaniels.gif

Pick Six
12-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Everybody should remember that we have rookies on the O-line. In addition, Clady and Harris were hampered with injuries. Nobody should be surprised that it took a while for the offensive line to gel...

bronco militia
12-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Everybody should remember that we have rookies on the O-line. In addition, Clady and Harris were hampered with injuries. Nobody should be surprised that it took a while for the offensive line to gel...

you think the OL has 'gelled'?

bendog

You think the oline has "gelled?" what game did you see?

bronco militia
LOL...nice post, bendog

yerner
12-01-2010, 08:43 AM
You think the oline has "gelled?" what game did you see?

They do pass protect decently. It's just the whole run blocking thing they don't seem interested in.

bendog
12-01-2010, 09:04 AM
They do pass protect decently. It's just the whole run blocking thing they don't seem interested in.

Today's dpo has a piece on McD saying adjustments aren't really an issue, because the team's having trouble sticking with the gameplan. I almost feel sorry for the guy. Yesterday or Monday he said something about having trouble staying out of third and long, but something seems to happen like a loss or penalty on first or second, and that jams up drives.

It's like "no sh*t, dude, that's what happens when the team sucks balls." I'd feel sorry for the situation he's in, but no one forced him to put the running backs he has on the roster and axe Hillis and Torrain. In 08 they avged 4.8 a carry. This year 3.5. If you average 3.5 a carry, your offense is in deep sh*t sustaining drives. Anyone watching in 08 knew we needed a new center and a guard. McD drafted a running back at 11 in a weak rb year, drafted Ayers and traded the 24 for a second rd pick and a CB, and none of the olinemen he drafted that year stuck with the team.

you can say 'give him another year.' His personnel moves have sucked; you can't argue otherwise unless you choose to ignore reality. I think he's coming back for the lockout year, and really I'm ok with it. I'd like to keep thinking he can get better, but if he threw his own staff under Bowlen's bus and threw a video guy under the NFL bus, I just don't see him getting it done.

LonghornBronco
12-01-2010, 09:14 AM
As I see it McD is stubornly trying to stick with his complex system he ran with talented veteran players in NE, here in Denver with young inexperienced players. I feel the basic skills like staying on sides, blocking, and tackling are not being reinforced because so much emphasis is being placed on unnecessarily complex reads and formations.

If I could give McD on piece of advice it would be to get back to basics, and limit penalties. Then build the complexity on a strong fundamental foundation. Maybe this statement is like, Duh! but I have always thought that Penalties are a sign of bad coaching.

zdoor
12-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Today's dpo has a piece on McD saying adjustments aren't really an issue, because the team's having trouble sticking with the gameplan. I almost feel sorry for the guy. Yesterday or Monday he said something about having trouble staying out of third and long, but something seems to happen like a loss or penalty on first or second, and that jams up drives.

It's like "no sh*t, dude, that's what happens when the team sucks balls." I'd feel sorry for the situation he's in, but no one forced him to put the running backs he has on the roster and axe Hillis and Torrain. In 08 they avged 4.8 a carry. This year 3.5. If you average 3.5 a carry, your offense is in deep sh*t sustaining drives. Anyone watching in 08 knew we needed a new center and a guard. McD drafted a running back at 11 in a weak rb year, drafted Ayers and traded the 24 for a second rd pick and a CB, and none of the olinemen he drafted that year stuck with the team.

you can say 'give him another year.' His personnel moves have sucked; you can't argue otherwise unless you choose to ignore reality. I think he's coming back for the lockout year, and really I'm ok with it. I'd like to keep thinking he can get better, but if he threw his own staff under Bowlen's bus and threw a video guy under the NFL bus, I just don't see him getting it done.

It's funny that some of the greatest coaches are known as masters of halftime adjustments...