PDA

View Full Version : Instant Gratification

Soul-Bronco
11-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Instant gratification. . . . . its what this era has evolved into, look at ESPN its evolved into only talking about 7 different teams ( NE, Dal, PHI etc) with other teams only receiving any coverage when something bad can be exploited.

Look, i hate the way the team looks and is playing right now. The videotaping scandal is another smack in the face, but i think everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Mcd needs to get a 3rd year, 3rd year scheme which if he ran the dam ball more would be so much more freakin deadly. We already have multiple deep plays open a game, Orton playaction actually fooling defenses, running the ball more is what we need. I read somewhere that orton audibled a run play to pass during those 2 3 and out possessions when the game was still close.

Thats why i think tebow is whats gonna save this franchise and Mcdaniels ass in 2011. I think our run game gets an instant postive kick in the nuts with tebow taking the snap. Ive counted several times orton had time to pick up major yards running or just scramble to get some more time to throw.

End of the game 4th quarter 3rd and 17 orton evades the rush (ya i know how it sounds, it did happen i watched the tape twice) and delivers a 19 yard strike to eddie royal. 1st down on the way to score. Tebow has the ability to stretch the play ben rapesberger style.

When the QB can scramble, deep routes open up, when deep routes open up, the run game with a running quarter back can be very frustrating and deflating for a defense. This offense has so much potential under tebow.

I recently asked any of the more analytical posters if Orton has been making any throws tebow would be perceived as not to be able to make because of mechanics or what not. What about now? Any throws you think tebow couldn’t make?

Now please, i know tension is high and everyone wants McD's nuts on a platter, But get some better freakin OL coaches, address the defense and we can win some games.

Remeber guys NYJ P.I. call lost us that game the SF flea flicker BS call lost us that game- thats two wins we could of had and be sitting with a 5-6 record. Maybe this is what Bowlen was referring to when he said the ball doesn’t bounce your way sometimes.

Instant gratification, isnt always gonna happen, maybe bowlen see’s something everyday during practice that he likes, maybe Mcd gets canned, but I think Mcd needs one more year.

Broncos 4 life :strong:

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 08:53 PM
You're going to be torn apart but I like this post.

Archer81
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
In before it gets ridiculous.

:Broncos:

Taco John
11-29-2010, 08:57 PM
I don't want instant gratification. I want consistent and believable progress. That's it.

Just give me something to believe in.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5uamDMoW4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G5uamDMoW4o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I don't want instant gratification. I want consistent and believable progress. That's it.

Absolutely nothing will change your mind at this point.

Taco John
11-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Absolutely nothing will change your mind at this point.

You're right about that. The book is in as far as I'm concerned. Josh sealed his fate with me when he lost to the Tom Cable Oakland Raiders to a record score at home. Josh is always going to be the guy who did that, and nothing will change my mind at this point.

I'm ready for the new era.

HAT
11-29-2010, 09:03 PM

See my Scioscia parallel in LK's Rockies thread. :twokisses

go_broncos
11-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Instant gratification. . . . . its what this era has evolved into, look at ESPN its evolved into only talking about 7 different teams ( NE, Dal, PHI etc) with other teams only receiving any coverage when something bad can be exploited.

Look, i hate the way the team looks and is playing right now. The videotaping scandal is another smack in the face, but i think everyone needs to calm down a bit.

Mcd needs to get a 3rd year, 3rd year scheme which if he ran the dam ball more would be so much more freakin deadly. We already have multiple deep plays open a game, Orton playaction actually fooling defenses, running the ball more is what we need. I read somewhere that orton audibled a run play to pass during those 2 3 and out possessions when the game was still close.

Thats why i think tebow is whats gonna save this franchise and Mcdaniels ass in 2011. I think our run game gets an instant postive kick in the nuts with tebow taking the snap. Ive counted several times orton had time to pick up major yards running or just scramble to get some more time to throw.

End of the game 4th quarter 3rd and 17 orton evades the rush (ya i know how it sounds, it did happen i watched the tape twice) and delivers a 19 yard strike to eddie royal. 1st down on the way to score. Tebow has the ability to stretch the play ben rapesberger style.

When the QB can scramble, deep routes open up, when deep routes open up, the run game with a running quarter back can be very frustrating and deflating for a defense. This offense has so much potential under tebow.

I recently asked any of the more analytical posters if Orton has been making any throws tebow would be perceived as not to be able to make because of mechanics or what not. What about now? Any throws you think tebow couldn’t make?

Now please, i know tension is high and everyone wants McD's nuts on a platter, But get some better freakin OL coaches, address the defense and we can win some games.

Remeber guys NYJ P.I. call lost us that game the SF flea flicker BS call lost us that game- thats two wins we could of had and be sitting with a 5-6 record. Maybe this is what Bowlen was referring to when he said the ball doesn’t bounce your way sometimes.

Instant gratification, isnt always gonna happen, maybe bowlen see’s something everyday during practice that he likes, maybe Mcd gets canned, but I think Mcd needs one more year.

Broncos 4 life :strong:

Are you watching the same game i am watching..I don't see any positive in this team. Mcd made ton of mistakes within short period of time.
We are now laughing stock in NFL.
Regarding ball not bouncing our way...well every time in NFL can say the same thing.
I am scared what Mcd will do if he gets one more chance in the draft.

Hopefully, Bowlen fires Mcd after this season.

Goobzilla
11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
If I saw we were improving in any areas, I would be onboard for a 3rd season.

Popps
11-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Good thread, Soul.

The criticism is merited, but this thing can be turned around with some well-executed moves.

Bowlen sounds dead-set on giving this thing another year to play out, and you can't blame him. The spy-cam nonsense will pass... and this team will eventually be judged on football, again. Hopefully the fans will have something to be proud of in the near future.

EDIT: Bowlen's comments now sound more like they should have sounded in the first place. In other words, he shouldn't be tipping his hat in any direction, yet.

Pony Boy
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Remember a time when we'd say this about playoff berths and top seeds?

Now you're saying it about in hopes of a 5-6 losing record?

Soul-Bronco
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Remember a time when we'd say this about playoff berths and top seeds?

Now you're saying it about in hopes of a 5-6 losing record?

no im saying the ball bounces the other way and we are a 5-6 record

Chris
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDG44p24B5U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDG44p24B5U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
no im saying the ball bounces the other way and we are a 5-6 record

Exactly. In most seasons we'd be saying "the ball bounces the other way we're in the post season/better seeding/first round bye"... not 5 and ****ing 6.

That's just sad.

Chris
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Exactly. In most seasons we'd be saying "the ball bounces the other way we're in the post season/better seeding/first round bye"... not 5 and ****ing 6.

That's just sad.

In most seasons we didn't win it either. Perhaps this is all part of the story. I've realised that despite my initial anger after a loss I will always be a supporter of whoever's the coach at the time. That's just my relationship with the Broncos.

Would anyone be surprised if with a solid 1st round DL pick + a healthy doom, ayers and mcbath we have at least a 9-7 record or better next year?

Soul-Bronco
11-29-2010, 10:12 PM

That's just sad.

yea we have never been embarssed before, because it was so much better to pin our hopes on cutler leading us to an 9-7 record to make the playoffs, or getting straight butt raped by peyton manning,multiple times w/ no lube ......yea the was so much ****ing better

zdoor
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Technically it was twice as good...

Taco John
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
yea we have never been embarssed before, because it was so much better to pin our hopes on cutler leading us to an 9-7 record to make the playoffs, or getting straight butt raped by peyton manning,multiple times w/ no lube ......yea the was so much ****ing better

That was much, much better than losing to the Tom Cable Raiders at home for a record score. About a billion times better.

Chris
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Gotta agree with Soul. We've pretty much sucked for 10 years. The steelers showed us in 05 how much better the top teams really were.

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 10:28 PM

Flat out missing the point, BUT... Much better? Than going 3-8 and being a joke in the NFL for not being able to cheat our way to a victory?

Yeah. It was a lot better.

jmz313
11-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Gotta agree with Soul. We've pretty much sucked for 10 years. The steelers showed us in 05 how much better the top teams really were.

Thats not really fair to say. We did beat the Pats the week before. (everyones top team at the time). Everyone is not perfect every game. Ask our coach about 2007. 13-3, AFC championship home game is not sucking, its 1 game away no matter how you look at it.

McDaniels is showing regression, not progession, that is the reason i feel he should be let go. He hasnt shown anything that suggests he only needs another year to get it turned around, and appears to be causing internal turmoil. All the more reason he needs replaced. But in letting him go, we could find that the problem was always above him (Joe Ellis) depending on how the future coach goes about business.

Jason in LA
11-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Instant gratification my ass. Nobody expected this team to be a contender after two years. That would be instant gratification. Asking for progress isn't instant gratification. If this team was hovering around .500 I don't think there would be too many people with major problems. But the amount of losing this team is doing, why would anybody think that McD would turn it around.

And saying that a couple plays would have them at 5-6, yeah what ever. Good teams get the breaks, bad teams don't. Good teams find a way to win, and bad teams find a way to lose. I could maybe go with your point if the Broncos hadn't been blown out in a number of other games. I believe they were down by double digits in 6 of their 8 losses. They were down by 20+ at some point in the losses against the Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, and Rams. Two of those teams are under .500. Hell, three of those team were under .500 at the time when they were beating the Broncos by 20+ (the Chargers were a game under .500 at the time).

Oh, and that flea flicker against the Niners, that was an illegal block. Moreno didn't just fall to the ground. He threw his body at the pass rushers legs. That was a damn good block too because it cut the guy right down. Hochstein put hands on the defender's upper body. It wasn't much, but by rule, it doesn't need to be much. I tried to convince myself that it was a bs call, but after watching replays, yeah, that was the right call. Hochstein should have never touched the guy. And that play didn't decide that game anyway. Maybe they would have won if that TD counted, but they still could have easily lost.

Mile High Shack
11-30-2010, 07:27 AM
this isn't the 80's or 90's anymore, with the parity, you can turn a loser into a winner in a year

so seriously, realize the era you are living in before you start posting this complete bull****

you are happy with how the team is being led?

you are happy with a piss poor defense?

you are happy with a coach who is losing respect of his piers and just put a big black eye of cheating on our franchise

you are happy with a coach who doesn't know how to make changes during a game

you are happy with a 33 year old coach who is over his head and can't handle personnel moves and coaching at the same time?

well I'm not, I became a fan at age 8, 1 year before Elway came along, so I've experienced a lot of winning, some losing, but we were always competitive, even when we sucked, we always gave teams a good game (for the most part)

This past year and 1/2 have worn me out as a Bronco fan, I'm not use to being a laughing stock in the NFL. I'm not use to having zero hope when I see use line up against another team.

I want a freakin' winner because as Bronco fans, we deserve and expect that...and we shouldn't expect any less than that.

jhns
11-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Honestly, what do people see in McDaniels that make them want him here still? I get that it takes time to turn a team around. We have been getting worse though. Two years and tons of top draft picks and we are getting worse. Why would you want to continue this trend?

I can see a good head coach in Josh McDaniels. The problem is, that isn't his job here. He is also the GM. That is the problem. That is the reason most don't want him around anymore.

jhns
11-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Also, it isn't just losing that makes people want instant gratification. Many would give McDaniels more time, even with losses, if he wasn't making such ridiculous moves at every turn. Then there is the way we are losing some games.

Grumps
11-30-2010, 07:56 AM
How far do you want the Broncos to sink? :moody:

Gutless Drunk
11-30-2010, 08:51 AM
Nothing is getting better:

2008 Offense ratings:
# 16 Scoring at 23.1 PPG
#2 yards at 395.8 YPG

2010 Offense
#17 Scoring at 22.17 PPG
#8 yards at 367.3 YPG

2008 Defense:
#30 in scoring at 28.0 PPG
#29 yards at 374 YPG

2010 Defense:
#32 Scoring at 29.4 PPG
#27 yards at 380.6 YPG

go_broncos
11-30-2010, 08:53 AM
Nothing is getting better:

2008 Offense ratings:
# 16 Scoring at 23.1 PPG
#2 yards at 395.8 YPG

2010 Offense
#17 Scoring at 22.17 PPG
#8 yards at 367.3 YPG

2008 Defense:
#30 in scoring at 28.0 PPG
#29 yards at 374 YPG

2010 Defense:
#32 Scoring at 29.4 PPG
#27 yards at 380.6 YPG

I believe we are last in rushing yards/game.

Requiem
11-30-2010, 09:15 AM
We live in a "I want it now society."

Perfectly understandable why this reflects into people's nature regarding sports teams.

NUB
11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I think people are more willing to wait than you'd expect. The problem here is that McDaniels has done nothing productive for Denver thus far. All his trades, draft picks, personnel changes, etc., have been total ****. I can't name a single person on staff that could be our "interim-head coach" for goodness sake. He's dug a huge hole for himself and it has nothing to do with wanting gratification right now. I'd be more willing to give some leniency if it weren't for the fact that his playcalling and gameplanning have been absolute garbage so far.

Broncos4tw
11-30-2010, 10:40 AM
It's all about $$$, has nothing to do with instant anything. Right now is a tough financial time anyway, even for our rich owners. Should an owner just sit on his hands while his stadium empties of fans who already probably were spending more than they wanted on the game before a horrid record?

Possible future success doesn't stand up very well against current quarter earnings in the business world. And this is a business, make no mistake. Not that Josh will succeed in the future either - we don't know that, he may always be a bad fit for the HC position.

But losing very real money for the possibility of a promising coach sometime in the future.. that won't happen very long.