PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels' Monday Press Conference

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 02:05 PM
He sounds really bummed out. Sounds like he is hurt by comments about/from his staff regarding internal discussions. Says he isn't going to follow up on it or chase after who said what or what was said... but you could tell it stung him.

Could also sense that he was frustrated with players being out of position and/or not doing their jobs. Basically said that it takes all 11 doing what the play calls for and if someone isn't doing their job the play will break down and that is what we're seeing, specifically on defense.

12 plays went for 279 yards, likened that to the 3rd and long situations on offense and was the reason things went the way they did during yesterday's game.

Sounds like the game plan was focused on stopping Steven Jackson and that they didn't adjust to the passing game b/c they didn't want to allow Steven Jackson to get going and burn them in the running game. Essentially, they were putting it on the rookie QB to beat them and they have coached him up well. (not a bad game plan IMO, but an adjustment wouldn't have been bad)

Started off by going through the injuries, out next week vs KC are Dawkins, DT, and Goodman. Not sure on McBath but hopeful. Gaffney, Mays, and Vickerson dinged up, but hopeful they will be a go for next week as well.

Said he is Human and not oblivious to all of the criticism that is being thrown his way. When asked about his job security he plainly stated that it was out of his control and that he would focus on what he could control. Said that he has no doubt he will continue to do the right things, coach harder and same with the staff and players.

I am left with the feeling that McD isn't a bad coach. In fact, I think he is a very smart and innovative coach. I think the best thing for him is to take some of the pressure off of him and surround him with talent. I think the organization should take the reins on hiring his coaching staff. He obviously should have some input into who his coaches will be but the final say needs to be someone above him. Same thing with player decisions. His job should be to coach whatever players are available to him and to manage his staff to create successful game plans. I know that Pat Bowlen's style or organizational structure has never really included a "shot calling" General Manager, but he needs that now more than ever. If he truly thinks that McD can be a good coach (which he seems to believe, as do I) then bring in the icon and let him be the franchise once again. That's right, John Elway could do more for Pat Bowlen, Josh McDaniels and the Denver Broncos than any other move. Too many questions if you fire McD. Who do you bring in to coach? How much do you invest in that coach? Do you run the risk of being too short fused? How will the current roster fit in with a new coach? Does Tebow have a future with whoever the new coach is? John Elway likes the direction this team is heading and would give the franchise some time with the fans. John Elway is an icon in Denver and fans would be more patient with him. Two years ago when we hired McD there was talk about Elway becoming a prominent figure amongst the front office. That obviously never came to fruition, and at the time I was happy it didn't. But now, I think the timing is right and it would certainly help ease the fan's displeasure with the entire organization. Plus, it would take pressure off of McD if popular/unpopular decisions were made, such as starting Tebow or some of the rookie corners and Wide Receivers. At this point even if McD wanted to start Tebow it wouldn't be well received by a number of the players who really do appear to favor Kyle Orton. I'm not saying that starting Tim Tebow will result in wins. I am saying that it will help to reinvigorate a fading fan base while preparing us for what needs to occur in the future... which may or may not include Josh McDaniels or Tim Tebow.

BRING BACK THE G.O.A.T!!!

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 02:06 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/1c2ce024-ef1d-4eea-8723-7e3f7b3051c9

HAT
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
12 plays went for 279 yards

Wow....Just, wow.

Champagne Powder
11-29-2010, 02:10 PM
He sounds really bummed out. Sounds like he is hurt by comments about/from his staff regarding internal discussions. Says he isn't going to follow up on it or chase after who said what or what was said... but you could tell it stung him.

Michael Silver of Yahoo chimes in.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmWj1ke0EhDceAeRjZe_gd5DubYF?slug=ms-morningrush112910

You’ll be happy to know that I, too, talked to someone in the organization Sunday night who said, “If he treated people right, everybody’d just keep their mouths shut. But when you treat people like a piece of [expletive], this is what happens.”

PRBronco
11-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Man, I really like Vickerson, hope he can get healthy.

oubronco
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Get a proven strong GM and let him hire a new good DC and take over all personel moves and let McD coach

_Oro_
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I thought we did a great job at stopping at the run. I would rather be destroyed by the passing game (St Louis) rather than the run game (Oakland). Anyway, our lack of a pass rush was painfully obvious and obviously the reason we lost the game. I still think that a healthy Doom is the difference in this game, the Jets game, and the Jags game.

Mile High Shack
11-29-2010, 02:14 PM
and by someone, he means the janitor

MileHighMagic
11-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I thought we did a great job at stopping at the run. I would rather be destroyed by the passing game (St Louis) rather than the run game (Oakland). Anyway, our lack of a pass rush was painfully obvious and obviously the reason we lost the game. I still think that a healthy Doom is the difference in this game, the Jets game, and the Jags game.

And Niners game.

NYBronco
11-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I like Josh and will continue to support him. Hopefully he will remain in Denver and weather all the drama, backstabbing and hurt feelings from all those around him. He has a tough job ahead of him but he's young and learning. Often times the hard way. He's going to be a good coach in this league, hopefully he can do that here with the Broncos.

oubronco

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AmWj1ke0EhDceAeRjZe_gd5DubYF?slug=ms-morningrush112910

You’ll be happy to know that I, too, talked to someone in the organization Sunday night who said, “If he treated people right, everybody’d just keep their mouths shut. But when you treat people like a piece of [expletive], this is what happens.”
This is exactly right

Rabb

holy hell

that kids is what we in the biz call

not good

this one stings to read...

And to Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis – and everyone else in the Denver organization who has been negatively impacted by this embarrassment – I extend my deepest sympathies. There are jobs on the line, all right, and if McDaniels’ position isn’t one of them, the Broncos are pro football’s most gullible organization.

24champ
11-29-2010, 02:17 PM

This is true because I saw Michael Silver talking to someone on the lightrail.

WolfpackGuy
11-29-2010, 02:18 PM
"Doesn't play well with others."

He better make the most out of these next five games because it's the last HC job he's going to get for awhile.

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 02:21 PM
A healthy Doom would help but you need more than one player that can create pressure. One player can be contained or game planned around. The true key to success is having players in the middle that can push a QB into untimely throws or get the sacks themselves. We need guys in the middle that can make a play. DL, ILBs, and Safeties. I love Champ Bailey, but if the Broncos decided they were going to use his $10-12m a year on a premier player at DT or Safety, I wouldn't complain one bit.

oubronco
11-29-2010, 02:23 PM
A healthy Doom would help but you need more than one player that can create pressure. One player can be contained or game planned around. The true key to success is having players in the middle that can push a QB into untimely throws or get the sacks themselves. We need guys in the middle that can make a play. DL, ILBs, and Safeties. I love Champ Bailey, but if the Broncos decided they were going to use his $10-12m a year on a premier player at DT or Safety, I wouldn't complain one bit.

I think Bailey's gone when he can

bronco_diesel
11-29-2010, 02:25 PM
you can take this for what it is worth…

over the holiday, I get together with extended family, most who I only see once or twice a year.

one of the family members (by marriage) has a job which puts him in the path of bronco’s players fairly regularly.

he stated the players he has spoken with absolutely do not like McD and do not trust him - and from his understanding, this was fairly consistent for all the players.

I cannot verify his comments are accurate, but I don’t see why he would lie to me.

24champ
11-29-2010, 02:28 PM

The bigger question I have if we let Champ Bailey go, is his replacement good enough to be a starting CB in the NFL. Can Perrish Cox take over? I don't know if he is fully ready yet.

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 02:30 PM
My cat told me Josh hangs around the abortion clinic eating unborn fetus's souls.

kamakazi_kal
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
The bigger question I have if we let Champ Bailey go, is his replacement good enough to be a starting CB in the NFL. Can Perrish Cox take over? I don't know if he is fully ready yet.

wouldn't it be Alphonso Smith ..... errr ...

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
you can take this for what it is worth…

over the holiday, I get together with extended family, most who I only see once or twice a year.

one of the family members (by marriage) has a job which puts him in the path of bronco’s players fairly regularly.

he stated the players he has spoken with absolutely do not like McD and do not trust him - and from his understanding, this was fairly consistent for all the players.

I cannot verify his comments are accurate, but I don’t see why he would lie to me.

Is he a bartender or a cop?

bronco_diesel
11-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Is he a bartender or a cop?

LOL. good one.

Rohirrim
As Ross Perot used to say, "That's just sad."

PRBronco
wouldn't it be Alphonso Smith ..... errr ...

Nice one. He tried to address a position of need by taking an accomplished collegiate player in the draft, but it didn't work out. Bazinga.

Dagmar
11-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Nice one. He tried to address a position of need by taking an accomplished collegiate player in the draft, but it didn't work out. Bazinga.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/269925_o.gif
:sunshine:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/texas_girl_rachel/GIFs/bazinga.gif

24champ
11-29-2010, 02:38 PM
My friends mom, who has a neighbor, whose uncle said that McD is a member of the Al-Qaeda terrorist network. He was sent here by Bin Laden, and is secretly plotting to leave the city in ruins by first destroying the one thing Denver loves most and thus riots will ensue.

zdoor
11-29-2010, 02:38 PM

That article is pretty damning...

kamakazi_kal
11-29-2010, 02:40 PM

...... it didn't work out after a single season you mean.

Quoydogs
11-29-2010, 02:41 PM
is he a bartender or a cop?

rofl!lol^5

go_broncos
11-29-2010, 02:42 PM
ok..so he is still not fired..

bendog
11-29-2010, 02:43 PM
It's not that it did or didn't work out. He traded a top 25 pick to get a top 40 pick, and then Traded the guy for ****e. That's stupid. A.Smith may or may not work out. Most likely he'll have a avg career of 4-5 years and start a couple of dozen games. The pick itself wasn't a reach.

But meanwhile, you can't watch that presser and not see a dead coach walking. He's done.

zdoor
11-29-2010, 02:45 PM
It's not that it did or didn't work out. He traded a top 25 pick to get a top 40 pick, and then Traded the guy for ****e. That's stupid. A.Smith may or may not work out. Most likely he'll have a avg career of 4-5 years and start a couple of dozen games. The pick itself wasn't a reach.

But meanwhile, you can't watch that presser and not see a dead coach walking. He's done.

Yup. He looks cooked... Pretty sad actually...

oubronco
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM

He'll get another year to "shyt or get off the pot"

RunSilentRunDeep
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
Why is it so many people take a national reporter's single, unnamed source as gospel?

bendog
11-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Yup. He looks cooked... Pretty sad actually...

A self-inflicted wound. Not only with his drafts but with a dressing down of his staff in front of the owner. I think Bowlen would like to give him another year or two, but ... I don't see how it can happen now.

frerottenextelway
11-29-2010, 02:54 PM
As much as it's in our best interest to part ways with Josh, it's probably in his best interest too.

bendog
11-29-2010, 02:55 PM
As much as it's in our best interests to part ways with Josh, it's probably in his best interests too.

Yeah, who knows what could happen to him late at night after security has gone home.

zdoor
11-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Why is it so many people take a national reporter's single, unnamed source as gospel?

It's actually more than one reporter now... But I don't think this is the big issue anyways. It's just much more drama for a guy who has been involved in a ton of it since he got the job...

Play2win
11-29-2010, 03:00 PM
He's gotta go so that situation is transferred to Josh, and not to the Denver Broncos. Its (definitely) in the Denver Broncos longterm best interest to let him go.

fontaine
11-29-2010, 03:05 PM
A self-inflicted wound. Not only with his drafts but with a dressing down of his staff in front of the owner. I think Bowlen would like to give him another year or two, but ... I don't see how it can happen now.

Yeah I'm coming to that conclusion too, especially with all the stories that have come out and will continue to come about him selling out his assistants in front of Bowlen.

And you know what? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If the head coach of my team lacks integrity around coaching circles in the NFL and not even respected by his own handpicked assistants then he can piss off.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 03:27 PM
I love you perpetual optimists. That writing on the wall is just paint.

bendog
11-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I love you perpetual optimists. That writing on the wall is just paint.

you see a way Bowlen can keep him and not have an implosion down the road?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 03:29 PM
you see a way Bowlen can keep him and not have an implosion down the road?

We are in the middle of the implosion.

bendog
11-29-2010, 03:36 PM
We are in the middle of the implosion.

yep. Truly sucks. Last time was with the Mutiny back in 75 or so, and then we had the second best defense in the NFL and Craig Morton coming on.

Requiem
11-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I just don't see how Bowlen could ever justify paying three coaches in the same year.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 03:41 PM
I just don't see how Bowlen could ever justify paying three coaches in the same year.

Easy. Look at the record and the empty seats.

Requiem
11-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Easy. Look at the record and the empty seats.

A change in coaches doesn't necessarily change that though, Doc.

Garcia Bronco
11-29-2010, 03:44 PM
The leader throwing his people under the bus is without honor.

Disclosing a private meeting is also without honor.

We have no honor.

bendog
11-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Bowlen can keep him if there's a work stoppage. mcD can't control his assts back stabbing him in the media now. It's happened. He'll hang on through the season, imo. But he lost his staff and wasn't exactly having guys knocking down doors to work for him before. That's a fatal wound.

bronclvr
11-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah I'm coming to that conclusion too, especially with all the stories that have come out and will continue to come about him selling out his assistants in front of Bowlen.

And you know what? I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If the head coach of my team lacks integrity around coaching circles in the NFL and not even respected by his own handpicked assistants then he can piss off.

I wonder if this is what Todd Haley was talking about in the center of the Field?

PRBronco
11-29-2010, 03:47 PM
The leader throwing his people under the bus is without honor.

Disclosing a private meeting is also without honor.

We have no honor.

Worst. Samurai football team. Ever.

Smiling Assassin27
11-29-2010, 03:48 PM
rofl!lol^5

he's a conductor on the light rail.

BlaK-Argentina
11-29-2010, 03:49 PM
worst. Samurai football team. Ever.

lol lol

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 03:50 PM

Well you asked about the justification for paying 3 coaches. It would take an admission that multiple mistakes were made by:

1. Signing Shanny to a coach-for-life type of contract
2. Firing Shanny in the middle of a coach-for-life contract
3. Handing the head-coach and GM responsibilities to a greenhorn egomaniac

Then looking at the record and the empty seats, combined with the apparent mutiny. I could easily justify starting over, even if it required paying 3 guys. Certainly wouldn't be the first time Bowlen had to pay millions for dead weight.

bendog
11-29-2010, 03:51 PM
it's not a question of "justification." it's a question of what's the alternative.

Bronco Yoda
11-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Uhh not good. OUCH!

colonelbeef
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM

Just awful.

How can anybody defend this?

bendog
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Just awful.

How can anybody defend this?

Do you mean defend dressing down professionals in front of the big boss to try and convince the big boss it's not your fault the organization suffered it's most serious loss in history, or do you mean a professional then turning on the under boss and outing him outside the organization ... or BOTH?

Requiem
11-29-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't put much stock into the quote because of the anonymity of the person who said it. I'm not sure I really give a **** what the Gatorade botter filler upper has to say. :D

colonelbeef
11-29-2010, 04:01 PM
Do you mean defend dressing down professionals in front of the big boss to try and convince the big boss it's not your fault the organization suffered it's most serious loss in history, or do you mean a professional then turning on the under boss and outing him outside the organization ... or BOTH?

Anything this moron has done in Denver really.

This entire episode had been a nightmare, every last move, every single press conference. McScandals.

WolfpackGuy
11-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Just like Fozzie Smiff, he's toast

colonelbeef
11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Schlereth and Alfred Williams are absolutely killing McDaniels on the radio right now.

Talking about how talented the team was when Josh took over, how the identity of the team has been ruined, how embarrassing the national perception is..... hard to listen to, and all true.

Poops will disagree, but I'll side with Mark Schlereth here

bendog
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
I'd take Williams over Stinky, but that's not to disagree with Stinky's take.

DenverBroncosJM
11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
So if you had to choose what do you choose for next year:

New coach and probably at least another year of mediocrity or worse, partially due to not having his players etc.

Or McD playing a 4th place schedule with a defensive draft (if that happens) and a play off run.

At this point I see number two happening. If we win 11 games next year and make a decent play off run Mc D will be resigned. But Mc D will be here next year.

oubronco
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM

New coach and probably at least another year of mediocrity or worse, partially due to not having his players etc.

Or McD playing a 4th place schedule with a defensive draft (if that happens) and a play off run.

At this point I see number two happening. If we win 11 games next year and make a decent play off run Mc D will be resigned. But Mc D will be here next year.

Only if Bowlen hires a real GM to oversee everything

WolfpackGuy
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Don't worry.

Noone will care about the housecleaning this time around.

dsmoot
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Get a proven strong GM and let him hire a new good DC and take over all personel moves and let McD coach

Your proposal seems a bit odd. I have been under the impression that the head coach is allowed to hire his assistants, not the GM doing it for him (of course some level of yes/no oversight). Am I wrong. The assistants have significant impact on the teams and ultimately the Head Coaches future. The head coach needs to have people that he can communicate with and share the same philosophy. Usually, when you see the front office hiring the assistants for you, that is the beginning of the end. Like Jim Zorn.

Baba Booey
11-29-2010, 04:47 PM
I expect McD to be here next year, unfortunately.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Schlereth and Alfred Williams are absolutely killing McDaniels on the radio right now.

Talking about how talented the team was when Josh took over, how the identity of the team has been ruined, how embarrassing the national perception is..... hard to listen to, and all true.

Poops will disagree, but I'll side with Mark Schlereth here

The team he took over was talented? I thought they were 7-9, couldn't score in the red zone and sucked on defense.

Pony Boy
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't put much stock into the quote because of the anonymity of the person who said it. I'm not sure I really give a **** what the Gatorade botter filler upper has to say. :D

Bull......you would take that job in a heart beat.

dsmoot
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Well you asked about the justification for paying 3 coaches. It would take an admission that multiple mistakes were made by:

1. Signing Shanny to a coach-for-life type of contract
2. Firing Shanny in the middle of a coach-for-life contract
3. Handing the head-coach and GM responsibilities to a greenhorn egomaniac

Then looking at the record and the empty seats, combined with the apparent mutiny. I could easily justify starting over, even if it required paying 3 guys. Certainly wouldn't be the first time Bowlen had to pay millions for dead weight.

An admission that mistakes were made is not the end of the world. There are plently of people around to remind us of them - you just have to ignore or deal with it. It really is the bottom line, are we winning or are we improving conditions for the long term --- if you can't answer yes to one of them --- who cares about admissions. Remember the definition for an insane person - continuing to do the same thing with the expectation a different result will occur.

If I were Bowlen and I still felt that McD is head coaching material, confine him to coaching and then go hijack and pay a top notch GM (Parcells, Poulian, AJ Smith?) to provide the guidance McD needs. If not, fire him at seasons end and don't listen to the fans and media. Why, because its your football team and everybody else doesn't have any skin in the game. Don't let a non-football executive run your football team (Ellis). Worst thing you can do is let a bean counter run this type of business.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Bull......you would take that job in a heart beat.

Oh snap.

Los Broncos
11-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Dam, this is a tough time for Bronco fans.

It just seems that he doesnt have what it takes to be a head coach.

He gets one more year, he's gone if it doesnt turn around.

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 05:31 PM
My favorite part is when he talks about how everyone else has to fight through injuries, everyone else has to play at home and on the road...etc

He left out how only the Pat's have to deal with video tape cheating scandals. Seriously, why hire a guy with questionable character if you come in talking about team 1st and character?

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 05:34 PM

Nice find:

And to Bowlen and chief operating officer Joe Ellis – and everyone else in the Denver organization who has been negatively impacted by this embarrassment – I extend my deepest sympathies. There are jobs on the line, all right, and if McDaniels’ position isn’t one of them, the Broncos are pro football’s most gullible organization.

Captain 'Dre
11-29-2010, 05:48 PM
As Ross Perot used to say, "That's just sad."

Naw... Ross Perot is the one who said "I'm all ears!" Ha!

Orange4Life
11-29-2010, 05:53 PM

Isn't Michael Silver the hack the wrote the damning article about the '99 team?

mhgaffney
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
If it's true the players don't like or trust McD -- then the fat lady has sung.

It's ovah.

Atwater His Ass
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
It was over from day 1, when he couldn't even get along with Cutler. It's too bad that this ride has taken the team down so far though. I don't think there's anyway he's here next season.

At this point, I can't even really support this team with McD here anymore.

Taco John
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5179/mcdanielsstressed.gif

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
L o l

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5179/mcdanielsstressed.gif

Is that from my post Oakland thread or did you pull it from somewhere else?

LOL

Taco John
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
You get the distinct sense that he's going to shrug his head right off his shoulders...

Taco John
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Is that from my post Oakland thread or did you pull it from somewhere else?

LOL

Yeah. A little ditty that I made that I didn't have the heart to post back then.

I'm trying to see the lulz in all of this, but quite frankly, my heart is pretty broken over all of this. Not that I'm the only one. We have a crew here on this site that follow this stuff 365 days a year - we deserve much better than what is going on right now.

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 06:26 PM
You get the distinct sense that he's going to shrug his head right off his shoulders...

He has a nice embrasure for a beginnning Trombone or Trumpet Player.

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah. A little ditty that I made that I didn't have the heart to post back then.

I'm trying to see the lulz in all of this, but quite frankly, my heart is pretty broken over all of this. Not that I'm the only one. We have a crew here on this site that follow this stuff 365 days a year - we deserve much better than what is going on right now.

I can't think of a lower point in Bronco football, at least during Saban's tenure he didn't get caught with a cheater on his staff...

orinjkrush
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
hopefully Bowlen wakes up and stems the bleeding.
which is worse: a coach who doesn't admit mistakes
or an owner?

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 06:35 PM
hopefully Bowlen wakes up and stems the bleeding.
which is worse: a coach who doesn't admit mistakes
or an owner?

Owner, you can fire a coach.

Rohirrim
11-29-2010, 07:30 PM
I sat down next to Bowlen on the light rail today and he said, "Mfplbft!"

I'm like, "WTF?" So I say "Man, what's up with the Broncos, dude?"

He says, "Mfpblft!"

So I say, "Maybe if you moved the fur coat out of your mouth I could understand you."

So, he moves the fur and says, "Get off my ****ing foot, dumbass!"

So I'm like, "WTF, dude. What's up with the Broncos?"

Based on his scowl as he stumbled off the train I assume he's going to hire Harbaugh.

dsmoot
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
yep. Truly sucks. Last time was with the Mutiny back in 75 or so, and then we had the second best defense in the NFL and Craig Morton coming on.

Morton was not with the team in 75. Maybe not till 77

broncosteven
11-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Morton was not with the team in 75. Maybe not till 77

Red Miller traded for Morton when he was hired in the summer of 77

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 08:20 PM

#15 does

Tombstone RJ
11-29-2010, 08:41 PM

:spit:

Tombstone RJ
11-29-2010, 09:05 PM
I love TJ's "woe is me" post, it's freaking hilarious! "oh, woe is me and my poor, poor mods who are suffering through these tough times... boohoo, me so sad... we deserve so much better!!"

(meanwhile they tacitly support all the angst by letting lowlife's post crap 24/7, 365)

Taco John
11-29-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm not talking about the mods. I'm talking about the fans.

Tombstone RJ
11-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm not talking about the mods. I'm talking about the fans.

what fans? Please tell me the fans you feel sorry for. Fans like jhns? Those kinds of fans?

What's the old saying again? Oh yah: "With friends like these, who needs enemies?"

Many of the best posters have vacated this board because of the poor quality of posts, I'm sure it's those fans who you are speaking for, right? Riiiight....

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 09:24 PM
what fans? Please tell me the fans you feel sorry for. Fans like jhns? Those kinds of fans?

What's the old saying again? Oh yah: "With friends like these, who needs enemies?"

Many of the best posters have vacated this board because of the poor quality of posts, I'm sure it's those fans who you are speaking for, right? Riiiight....

Bronco fans in a 3-8 season?

You this slow, bro?

Tombstone RJ
11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Bronco fans in a 3-8 season?

You this slow, bro?

Well, count me as one of the posters who is hoping the Broncos don't win another game so the Broncos get a higher draft pick, and McD gets fired.

Or, am I stealing your fire?

TheReverend
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Well, count me as one of the posters who is hoping the Broncos don't win another game so the Broncos get a higher draft pick, and McD gets fired.

Or, am I stealing your fire?

What? Did you quote the wrong person? I can't picture how that even responds to my post, or even me, in anyway shape or form.

Then again, you also just completely whiffed on what TJ said, or intentionally did it so you could randomly take a shot at him outside the context of his post.

Taco John
11-29-2010, 11:08 PM

Sure. Why not. I feel bad for guys like him. I feel bad for guys like you. I don't see this current split in the fanbase in the fatalistic terms that you apparently do right now. I've seen the deck shuffled enough times over the years to know that two people arguing heatedly against eachother today might be best friends arguing together in favor of another idea tomorrow (and vice versa).

This too shall pass.

Rohirrim
11-30-2010, 05:46 AM
TJ is a Buddhist.

Tombstone RJ
11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
What? Did you quote the wrong person? I can't picture how that even responds to my post, or even me, in anyway shape or form.

Then again, you also just completely whiffed on what TJ said, or intentionally did it so you could randomly take a shot at him outside the context of his post.

:giggle:

you're the one who whiffed, then again, your posts of sucked ever since Shanny go the axe. I wanted McD to succeed because it's in the best interest of the Broncos if he does succeed, not vice versa. However, it's posters like you (or of your ilk) that have been a pariah to the OMane ever since McD took control.

Believe it or not, the Broncos needed a change from Shanny and whether you agree with the McD hiring or not, it's in the Broncos best interest to see him succeed and the Broncos to succeed.

Tombstone RJ
11-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Sure. Why not. I feel bad for guys like him. I feel bad for guys like you. I don't see this current split in the fanbase in the fatalistic terms that you apparently do right now. I've seen the deck shuffled enough times over the years to know that two people arguing heatedly against eachother today might be best friends arguing together in favor of another idea tomorrow (and vice versa).

This too shall pass.

Please, don't feel bad for me, I can handle what the Broncos are going through because I believe they have seen worse times and I was ready for some growing pains with McD.

Shanny left a dysfunctional team and I don't care what you say, the team was a mess, plain and simple. McD stepped in and was in over his head from the beginning but that is more a poor reflection of Pat Bowlen and Joe Ellis than it is McD. While I've always defended Bowlen and the best owner in the NFL, he should have hired a real GM to help McD.

So suck it up broseff.

The best long term solution is to NOT fire McD but to get him HELP. This is up to Pat Bowlen and Joe Ellis. But whatever, the lynch mob is running things now and McD is probably finished, which is sad because the Broncos are going to suffer through even more rebuilding pains if a new HC is brought in.