PDA

View Full Version : Bright side? Orton and Lloyd on pace to make pro-bowl

Kaylore
11-29-2010, 06:00 AM
I know, I hate the way the team is too, but I'm a glass is half full guy. Or at least a "Hey, we have water!" guy. Lloyd and Orton both having career years means they will likely at least be alternates in the pro-bowl. Nice to have and not bad if you're looking for trade compensation.

HEAV
11-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Yay....so is Hillis....oy vey.

Kaylore
11-29-2010, 06:17 AM
Yay....so is Hillis....oy vey.

And sadly both teams of these players still suck.

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Brandon Lloyd may make it, but I kind of doubt Kyle Orton will... not b/c he isn't deserving but b/c he is on a losing team and many associate QBs and wins together. Statistically he is very deserving, but I think Phillip Rivers gets the nod in front of Kyle Orton. And you know the fans will favor Peyton Manning and likely league MVP Tom Brady over Orton as well. And b/c of fan popularity there is a chance that Mark Sanchez (yuck) and Ben Worthlisberger both get the nod over Orton.

As for Brandon Lloyd, I think he really deserves a spot on the Pro-Bowl. But we've seen a lot of players get in on reputation (see Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne here). Factor in guys like Dwayne Bowe going off and it may wind up with Brandon Lloyd being an alternate. But with the numbers he is putting up (nearly 20 ypc, will most likely have double digit TDs, and should end up at or over 1500 yards) it will be hard to keep him out.

Same thing with Orton, if he goes over 5000 yards it will be difficult to keep him out of the Pro-bowl. I hope they both make it! Like you said, if nothing else it gives the team options if they do want to make a trade... which I hope they do not.

SoDak Bronco
11-29-2010, 06:45 AM
I had a bet with someone on here that Orton wouldn't make it...hopefully he doesn't. hahaha, I think the AFC is too strong with Manning, Rivers, Brady, and even Sanchize..but if enough turn it down he may be in there.

Goobzilla
11-29-2010, 06:48 AM
6th Alternate because the other 5 guys can't/don't want to go still makes you a Pro Bowler...kinda.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 06:55 AM
The glass is broken and there is pulsitile bleeding from the wound created by the broken glass.

HEAV
11-29-2010, 08:00 AM
And sadly both teams of these players still suck.

Yea. But it's like Brown fan thinks they're a playoff team around parts of ohio.

I can see Kyle making the probowl, we all know a few A-listers will bow out of the game.

Not sure about Lloyd. I just don't think enough people know who he is (meaning the non-fantasy player fan).

Champagne Powder
11-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Lloyd will make it. 2/3 of the vote is players and coaches and they typically vote by the stat sheet at the WR position.

Requiem
11-29-2010, 03:49 PM
Could care less. I want wins!

WABronco
11-29-2010, 04:25 PM
Does anyone watch the pro bowl? Honestly.

Pony Boy
11-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Does anyone watch the pro bowl? Honestly.

Does anyone other that die-hard Bronco fans watch Orton or LLoyd play? Honestly

Even if they have Sunday ticket they are not going to watch us play....hell look at the no-shows Sunday, the fans don't even want to come to the game.

WABronco
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Even if they have Sunday ticket they are not going to watch us play....hell look at the no-shows Sunday, the fans don't even want to come to the game.

Lol I was actually thinking about that the other day driving home. I'll admit I don't really give a **** these days, and I didn't even watch the game until I saw that they were coming back so I went and found a stream. Losing doesn't bother me anymore, while winning is met with reserved, brief satisfaction (if that). "State of indifference" is what they call that, I believe.

"State of indifference" would also apply to anyone on this team making the pro bowl, really.

dsmoot
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
I know, I hate the way the team is too, but I'm a glass is half full guy. Or at least a "Hey, we have water!" guy. Lloyd and Orton both having career years means they will likely at least be alternates in the pro-bowl. Nice to have and not bad if you're looking for trade compensation.

I was going to respond, who cares? Until I read the last sentence.

lostknight
11-29-2010, 05:06 PM
By rating, ortons not on the top 5. You could overcome that if we were a winning team, but People will rightly note that ortons numbers reflect a horrible run game.

Popps
11-29-2010, 05:12 PM

In a season like this, you have to find little things to root for. A few of our guys are having great seasons throughout this whole thing. I've always liked Orton, and I couldn't be happier that he's having the kind of statistical season he is. Imagine what this team could look like if we could just play a lick of defense.

Dudeskey
11-29-2010, 05:15 PM
In a season like this, you have to find little things to root for. A few of our guys are having great seasons throughout this whole thing. I've always liked Orton, and I couldn't be happier that he's having the kind of statistical season he is. Imagine what this team could look like if we could just play a lick of defense.

Imagine how he'd look if we had a reliable rushing attack

TheChamp24
11-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Shoot right now Matt Cassell has a better shot IMO of the Pro Bowl than Orton.

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Or if Kyle Orton wasn't going two and three quarters between 3rd down conversions!

Popps
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM

True, and I actually think we might have an O.K. rushing attack if we ever actually decided to stick with it.

The play-calling Sunday was a mess. We get a lead, and we know we have absolutely no defense. How about slowing the game down a bit?

Moreno looked good again. Even Ball had a couple nice carries. But, we just stop running at a certain point.

tsiguy96
11-29-2010, 05:28 PM

72k tickets dispersed to the last game...not sure if that means much but take it for what its worth

Broncoman13
11-29-2010, 05:29 PM
True, and I actually think we might have an O.K. rushing attack if we ever actually decided to stick with it.

The play-calling Sunday was a mess. We get a lead, and we know we have absolutely no defense. How about slowing the game down a bit?

Moreno looked good again. Even Ball had a couple nice carries. But, we just stop running at a certain point.

Yeah, the first time Moreno doesn't get 7 or 8 yards on a carry!

Bronco Yoda
11-29-2010, 05:34 PM
We've had so much luck in the recent past with our probowlers.

Like I've been saying for some time now.... no thank you. I prefer zero Broncos in the Pro Bowl. It only costs us (in many ways).

mhgaffney
11-29-2010, 06:05 PM
Orton does not deserve to be all pro.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
All pro does not equal pro bowl.

eddie mac
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
Why is it when a player is playing well, all of a sudden fans want to trade him to get the best price. **** dealing either of these 2 until someone below them shows they can play better.

Thomas and Decker have done nothing to date to warrant even attempting to trade Lloyd and I dont give a **** if Tebow was taken at No1. Until he shows he can actually throw the ball in a few real games then you keep a decent QB around.

Also bear in mind that Ellis, Xanders and McD are still here and put your confidence in that draft room.

lostknight
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM

Don't know. He has had a decent rushing attack the last 3 weeks, and we are 1-2 during that period.

HAT
11-29-2010, 08:38 PM
By rating, ortons not on the top 5. You could overcome that if we were a winning team, but People will rightly note that ortons numbers reflect a horrible run game.

Amongst 11 game starters he is currently 4th in the AFC (Behind Brady, Rivers, and Cassell of all people.)

The losses and 'system' QB perceptions will ding him a little bit but if he goes for the 5,000 30/9 that he is on pace for, there's no way he doesn't go.

Manning goes on name, Brady & Rivers for performance.

Orton is the clear cut 4th choice. Some may make an argument for Big Ben b/c if you project out his 12 games to 16, the numbers are there. But given the reason he missed those 4 games....Well, that's a sh*t storm the NFL doesn't want.

I agree that Orton has some hurdles to overcome but can anyone really make a case for Flacco, Schaub, Garrard or Sanchez at this point?

I called this possibility last summer but that's not why I'm asking. If people don't like him or think he has 'it'.....That's fine by me and a topic for a multitude of other threads.

I'm just looking for someone to make a case for anyone other than Brady, Manning, Rivers & Orton in THIS years PB? (Assuming Orton remains the starter)

TheChamp24
11-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Amongst 11 game starters he is currently 4th in the AFC (Behind Brady, Rivers, and Cassell of all people.)

The losses and 'system' QB perceptions will ding him a little bit but if he goes for the 5,000 30/9 that he is on pace for, there's no way he doesn't go.

Manning goes on name, Brady & Rivers for performance.

Orton is the clear cut 4th choice. Some may make an argument for Big Ben b/c if you project out his 12 games to 16, the numbers are there. But given the reason he missed those 4 games....Well, that's a sh*t storm the NFL doesn't want.

I agree that Orton has some hurdles to overcome but can anyone really make a case for Flacco, Schaub, Garrard or Sanchez at this point?

I called this possibility last summer but that's not why I'm asking. If people don't like him or think he has 'it'.....That's fine by me and a topic for a multitude of other threads.

I'm just looking for someone to make a case for anyone other than Brady, Manning, Rivers & Orton in THIS years PB? (Assuming Orton remains the starter)

The AFC QB's I'd rank right now for the Pro Bowl:
1. Rivers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Cassel
5. Orton
6. Flacco
7. Schaub
8. Garrard
9. Fitzpatrick
10. Sanchez

Screw Rapistberger.

I think people don't realize how good of a season Cassel is having right now.

tsiguy96
11-30-2010, 06:14 AM
1. Rivers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Cassel
5. Orton
6. Flacco
7. Schaub
8. Garrard
9. Fitzpatrick
10. Sanchez

Screw Rapistberger.

hes having an efficient season, not a great one. manning is having an average season, a lot of picks (but a lot of yards too).

orton has almost as many TDs, 5 less INT, more passing yards, higher passer rating, over twice as many 40+ plays, but a lower %.

zdoor
11-30-2010, 06:47 AM
1. Rivers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Cassel
5. Orton
6. Flacco
7. Schaub
8. Garrard
9. Fitzpatrick
10. Sanchez

Screw Rapistberger.

That's pretty fair for this point in the season... Could still change some though... i think if it was over now Orton doesn't make it unless someone else declines...

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2010, 07:04 AM
When was the last time at least one QB didn't decline due to either injury or just playing in the SB? As long as you're in the top 5, you're basically guaranteed to get in there if you want it.

Mountain Bronco
11-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Orton might get second alternate nod at best. Rivers, Manning, Brady, Shaub and even Garrard will be ahead of him in voting.

UberBroncoMan
11-30-2010, 10:13 AM
1. Rivers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Cassel
5. Orton
6. Flacco
7. Schaub
8. Garrard
9. Fitzpatrick
10. Sanchez

Screw Rapistberger.

It's kind of crazy...Cassel and Bowe have been on ****ing fire since/during the Denver game.

Helps to have a good O-Line and running game though...being sacked only 14 times all year is a win.

Beantown Bronco
11-30-2010, 10:24 AM
It's kind of crazy...Cassel and Bowe have been on ****ing fire since/during the Denver game.

Helps to have a good O-Line and running game though...being sacked only 14 times all year is a win.

I never would've predicted this given Cassel's penchant for holding the ball forever......he's worse than Big Ben in that regard.

strafen
11-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Neither one will make it...