PDA

View Full Version : No Shows

Broncoman13
11-28-2010, 05:49 PM
No official number released for the first time in Invesco Field history, but there are a lot of estimates. Before the game it was estimated there would be 10-15k no shows. The start of the game looked to be about that... But they just said that by halftime several thousand fans left and then another mass left before the end of the 3rd Quarter.

By the end of the 3rd Quarter the stadium was less than half full with huge sections being empty, as reported by Vic Lambardi.

Sad, could still hear the boos. Why stay just to boo?

Que
11-28-2010, 05:50 PM
To hasten the inevitable.

Dagmar
11-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I never understand people that can waste all of that money on tickets and not go!

scttgrd
11-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Why stick around when you know how things will finish. Empty stands are the only thing Bowlen will get.

Taco John
11-28-2010, 05:53 PM

This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but they stayed to boo because they love the Broncos.

Quoydogs
11-28-2010, 05:56 PM
This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but they stayed to boo because they love the Broncos.

say what you will but a boo is like your voting voice being heard. It's the fans way of telling Pat the Coach and the players they are not happy.

Taco John
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
I, personally, wouldn't boo. I'd just leave if I felt that I needed to boo. But I can understand why people would.

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Well...some people are here blasting us that we are criticizing the broncos..
Hopefully, the true fans will buy all the tickets and watch our team play for the next few weeks.

RhymesayersDU
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Noticed this with the KC game as well. Probably not as many as today, but there were a lot of no shows for that game too.

24champ
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Bunch of softies.

lostknight
11-28-2010, 06:04 PM

This. A good number of people on this forum really don't understand how we can be critical of a coach or a player, and still love this team.

Goobzilla
11-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Those last 2 home games the day after Christmas and the day after new Years with us dead in the water could be pretty empty houses.

scttgrd
11-28-2010, 06:07 PM
No need to repeat the obvious, this team has real issues. I hope a change is going to show some sort of improvement. Could it get any worse?

Denver724
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
No official number released for the first time in Invesco Field history, but there are a lot of estimates. Before the game it was estimated there would be 10-15k no shows. The start of the game looked to be about that... But they just said that by halftime several thousand fans left and then another mass left before the end of the 3rd Quarter.

By the end of the 3rd Quarter the stadium was less than half full with huge sections being empty, as reported by Vic Lambardi.

Mr. Bowlen,

Please, please open your ****ing eyes. Your hire will be impacting your pocket book shortly. Maybe that will get your attention more than his 3-8 record.

Broncoman13
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM

I know, but there was plenty of boos in the first half. Mass amounts of fans says one thing, a nearly complete exodus says another. But I agree with Dag, if you're dropping the money for tix, why not go and stay the whole game. The Broncos have a pretty weak fan base or have priced the true fan out.

UberBroncoMan
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Sucks to see Broncos fans turning into bandwagon ****s just like Charger and Pat fans. Stick with the team through thick and thin.

RhymesayersDU
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Those last 2 home games the day after Christmas and the day after new Years with us dead in the water could be pretty empty houses.

Yep.

Being down here in Albuquerque I bought my first set of season tickets this year. I was only able to make it to four games due to cost restrictions as well as scheduling issues. I really couldn't make the last two weeks at all, and this weekend was basically out too. Had to stick with the early home games.

If I were in Denver I'd definitely be going no matter how bad we are, but those holiday weekend games will be interesting. Especially if the weather is nasty on top of it.

Popps
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
That was the quietest I've heard a crowd for us in a long time.

Understandable, though. Too much drama, too little to cheer for early in the game.

enjolras
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Sucks to see Broncos fans turning into bandwagon ****s just like Charger and Pat fans. Stick with the team through thick and thin.

Snow is good in the mountains. This isn't a bandwagon, it's just having better things to do than watch a bad team get trampled yet again at home.

I don't blame a single fan for not showing up.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 06:14 PM
They probably had dental appointments.

colonelbeef
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM

this might be really hard for people (McHomers) to understand- but there is a segment of the fanbase that dislikes McDaniels and what he has done to the team, but still remains true fans- therefore they stay for the duration, but feel the need to make their displeasure heard

Rohirrim
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I saw some people with bags on their heads.

Jesterhole
Empty seats are the one thing that could actually get McFail out of here before the end of next season. Boo baby, boo!

WolfpackGuy
They were there.

They were just dressed up as empty seats.

Gort
11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I never understand people that can waste all of that money on tickets and not go!

the money was spent long ago. it's already long gone. if you're going to have to drive to the game and deal with all that entails, probably to watch a lackluster effort, only to be confronted by a snowstorm due to hit right around the end of the game (and driving home in that storm), then wouldn't it be an easy decision to just stay at home on your warm sofa and watch the game on your HDTV?

Broncoman13
11-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I'd bet that the Texans game will have up to 25k no shows. Not many people asking for Broncos Tickets for Christmas this year!

I have heard from numerous people that Pat Bowlen will not stick with McD if he thinks it is costing him with his fan base. There were rumblings after the Raider game. I am sure there will be rumblings after this one too... The late comeback may actually buy McD more time though. The real issue is if you fire McD who do you name as coach? It's not like you can fire McD today, hire a new coach tomorrow and have him operating next weekend in KC. So you have to look internally just as Dallas did, just as the Vikings did, CU Buffs, Miami, etc. You going to have Wink Martindale coach this team?

Goobzilla
11-28-2010, 06:21 PM
If they come back from this extended roadie 3-11 or 4-10 the squirrels will outnumber the fans.

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Well...some people are here blasting us that we are criticizing the broncos..
Hopefully, the true fans will buy all the tickets and watch our team play for the next few weeks.

There is a huge differance between criticizing and trolling you my friend are definetly the later

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM
sweet well atleast i am gonna jump up inl ine for season tickets... yay me

ak1971
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM
I figured there were going to be at least 20k. I think if it would have started snowing earlier it would have been worse. said it in another thread, but saw some guy with a fist full of tickets selling them for $5 a piece. It all comes down to entertainment., and that wasn't very entertaining

I think they should have $1 Beers for 5 minutes at the end of the third, that should keep people around

lostknight
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
According to the press, Shanahan's inabilities to fill the seats his last season was what finally tipped the scales in favor of Ellis, who wanted him gone for a while.
It's hard to justify going to a game, when they have lost 80 someodd percent of their last 21 games.

CEH
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
the money was spent long ago. it's already long gone. if you're going to have to drive to the game and deal with all that entails, probably to watch a lackluster effort, only to be confronted by a snowstorm due to hit right around the end of the game (and driving home in that storm), then wouldn't it be an easy decision to just stay at home on your warm sofa and watch the game on your HDTV?

Exactly I've sat through every game this year but the money has been spent 6 months ago. Nobody was buying tickets on Craigslist this week either

First time in history the crowd size was not shown. Sounds like it is effecting Bowlen more than most here think.

Heck Josh blew as much money on reject FA signing this year than his salary

I would not be at all suprised to see Josh fired this week. His salary is irrelavant at this point as is the product on the field. The Spygate II will be the big story this week locally and nationally

WolfpackGuy
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Break out the tarps like they do in Jacksonville.

Broncoman13
11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I figured there were going to be at least 20k. I think if it would have started snowing earlier it would have been worse. said it in another thread, but saw some guy with a fist full of tickets selling them for $5 a piece. It all comes down to entertainment., and that wasn't very entertaining

I think they should have $1 Beers for 5 minutes at the end of the third, that should keep people around

At this rate they're going to have to start passing out free hats in the 3rd quarter to keep people around. By the Texans and Chargers games, it's gonna take free jerseys! And even then people would probably turn them away for fear of whatever player it was would just get traded away anyhow!

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2010, 06:40 PM
sweet i am gonna be able to find some cheap seats for the next game. i just hope all the band wagon guys jump off the season ticket wait list so i can get some nice seats for when we do right the ship

spdirty
11-28-2010, 06:40 PM

It has been almost 40 years since the team was in this state. The last time this team was this bad the city was in serious jeopardy of losing the Broncos. Get over yourself. This city will support this team as long as the team is at least somewhat competitive and/or gives the city reason for optimism in the near future.

Five me a break. Supporting this mess just makes you an enabler of the problem. I'd much rather fans demand a product earn their hard earned dollar than being stupid ass Cub fans.

theAPAOps5
11-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Worst no shows I have ever seen at a game. Worst crowd I have ever seen, time to call this one a my bad and start over.

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 06:42 PM

If you are so concerned..pls buy all the tickets and watch them play..

Goobzilla
11-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Tickets ain't cheap these days, a couple grand invested in this current product would have me over the edge.

manchambo
11-28-2010, 06:46 PM
I, personally, wouldn't boo. I'd just leave if I felt that I needed to boo. But I can understand why people would.

I always boo, and I boo everybody.

At the Jets game they had some old man at halftime do a contest where he threw the ball as far as I could, punted as far he could, then kicked a football from where he got it to. He threw about twenty, punted about 12, then attempted an eighty yard fg. I booed him throughout.

If the little ball boy who fetches the tee did a bad job I'd probably boo him.

So you better damn well believe I'd boo a team playing like that.

I don't understand leaving. You can be at a good game and see people leaving because its more important to them to get home quick than to watch the end of the game they came to see. I don't get that. I generally stay til the bitter end.

bloodsunday
11-28-2010, 06:52 PM

Because they had to drink to much to stay as long as they did and could not drive home.

Goobzilla
11-28-2010, 06:55 PM
"come for the opening drive, stay for the squirrels"
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/37fDXX9stJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/37fDXX9stJY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncosteven
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
... The real issue is if you fire McD who do you name as coach? It's not like you can fire McD today, hire a new coach tomorrow and have him operating next weekend in KC. So you have to look internally just as Dallas did, just as the Vikings did, CU Buffs, Miami, etc. You going to have Wink Martindale coach this team?

I take it Ben McDaniels is not ready?

broncosteven
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
At this rate they're going to have to start passing out free hats in the 3rd quarter to keep people around. By the Texans and Chargers games, it's gonna take free jerseys! And even then people would probably turn them away for fear of whatever player it was would just get traded away anyhow!

This reminds me of when duh bear fans actually were rooting for the Packers to win the SB because their team was so bad. How do you root for a division rival?

At this point there is nothing that mCd has built to show any kind of progress or prep for next year. Doom coming back will help the pass rush but he is not going to turn back the clock on Dawkins and Champ or make the front 3 and back 7 any better.

Anyone can let their QB drop back and sling it. I think if we had real positional coaches we could have a decent run game again but that is not because of mCd, it is in spite of him.

colorado jones
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM
You going to have Wink Martindale coach this team?

Wink Martindale coaching would be like Sarah Palin getting voted in the white house.

Beantown Bronco
11-28-2010, 07:05 PM

Brokers/scalpers probably hold a good chunk of them and simply couldn't re-sell them.

~Crash~
11-28-2010, 07:10 PM
There is a huge differance between criticizing and trolling you my friend are definetly the later

say's the man with a bag on ...ROFL!

~Crash~
11-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Wink Martindale coaching would be like Sarah Palin getting voted in the white house.

dood take a big ****ing look at the mess in the white house now .Ha!:clown:

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 08:15 PM

It's no different on this Barrel Of Laughs Website. Bunch of self proclaimed experts who blame Orton for losses when he is the one working his ass off to attempt to put Ws on the board.
They and a bunch of MORONS at the stadium think Tebow will fix our problems.

****ING CLUELESS FAIRWEATHER MORONS

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 08:17 PM
It has been almost 40 years since the team was in this state. The last time this team was this bad the city was in serious jeopardy of losing the Broncos. Get over yourself. This city will support this team as long as the team is at least somewhat competitive and/or gives the city reason for optimism in the near future.

Five me a break. Supporting this mess just makes you an enabler of the problem. I'd much rather fans demand a product earn their hard earned dollar than being stupid ass Cub fans.

I love it when you clowns talk about supporting the team when you never make an effort to do so except with your big trap.

Perry1977
11-28-2010, 08:31 PM
I only booed the cheerleaders, as per usual. And I stayed until the end.

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 08:36 PM
I had some a-hole behind me make the same clueless comment I constantly see here. I finally turned around, told him to STFU and go home and throw a brick at your TV.

Whiney ass b****es can all fondle my genitals, and gently caress my cheek!

^that isn't what I typed. It was quite a bt more colorful, but considering the pansy asses on this website my comments need to be cleansed so you fuqwads don't choke on the truth.

p7superfly
11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
TailGateNut just goes for the tailgating.

~Crash~
11-28-2010, 08:59 PM
It's no different on this Barrel Of Laughs Website. Bunch of self proclaimed experts who blame Orton for losses when he is the one working his ass off to attempt to put Ws on the board.

you are the darkest mother **** alive I will be putting you on permant iggy ...go **** chimp!

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
TailGateNut just goes for the tailgating.

**** you, you asshole. You have no ****ing idea.

Superfly:spit:

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
you are the darkest mother **** alive I will be putting you on permant iggy ...go **** chimp!

Go back to elementary school you ****ing retard.

Chris
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM

This. It's like half of Denver lost their balls.

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 09:06 PM
This. It's like half of Denver lost their balls.

No, half of them never had a full set.

Good ****ing ridance!

go_broncos
11-28-2010, 09:08 PM
No, half of them never had a full set.

Good ****ing ridance!

Are you blaming the fans that doesn't show up.???
I never seen you blame the coach for the product he assembled?

you asshole...

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Are you blaming the fans that doesn't show up.???
I never seen you blame the coach for the product he assembled?

you a-hole...

He **** the bed when he drafted that ****head Tebow and traded away useful picks he should have used to beef up our defense.

and re: the "no-show fans". they can go become ****ing Chugger fans just like you.

Rabb
11-29-2010, 07:41 AM
I will be at every game no matter what, to the end.

Yesterday was damn disappointing to see that many empty seats and I was amazed at how many left around half time.

Everyone that left early almost missed one hell of a comeback, it was actually a lot of fun towards the end and that place went nuts when the snow started also.

I can see why some people wouldn't want to go, hell I was booing at certain points myself but I still love the Denver Broncos despite the coach and the product on the field and I waited too damn long for these tickets to bail out.

Pat has to be fairly unhappy with this.

wolf754life
11-29-2010, 08:05 AM
it will get worse until he is fired

bronclvr
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
The beatings will continue unitl morale improves-(which I hope is soon)-

bendog
11-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Broncos were selling out when Saban was going 4-9-1 in the last year, Little was breaking down and the quarterback position was a revolving circus. The fans will only stop supporting the franchise if they conclude the ownership no longer cares about winning a championship. They may run off coaches or quarterbacks, but they won't stop supporting the team unless they feel the team no longer supports winning.

Rabb
11-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Let's not confuse selling the tickets out with people using the tickets

the empty seats yesterday was an embarrassment, no other way to put it...all of the fair-weather ****s can go find another team as far as I am concerned

bronco militia
11-29-2010, 09:28 AM
speaking of balls, Orton's disappeared on the last drive again

bendog
11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Why would anyone of sane mind want to sit through 3 hours watching this team? If I had tix and could afford to keep them and thought the ownership was still committed to winning, then I wouldn't give them up. And Bowlen has had the decency not to go the PSL route.

BroncoDoug
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM

This, I had the guy next to me call the usher to get me thrown out the game because I kept asking how benching Orton would improve this team... They were all chanting for Tebow and I got pissed off... bunch of fair weather ********.
He ended up just getting up and leaving at the start of the 3rd quarter...

BroncoDoug
11-29-2010, 09:38 AM
I will be at every game no matter what, to the end.

Yesterday was damn disappointing to see that many empty seats and I was amazed at how many left around half time.

Everyone that left early almost missed one hell of a comeback, it was actually a lot of fun towards the end and that place went nuts when the snow started also.

I can see why some people wouldn't want to go, hell I was booing at certain points myself but I still love the Denver Broncos despite the coach and the product on the field and I waited too damn long for these tickets to bail out.

Pat has to be fairly unhappy with this.

This is how it should be. I wish I could afford tickets to all the games, but the ones I do go to (like yesterday) I stay till the coaches are shaking hands (or pointing fingers) It was pretty sad that the crowd got more riled up over a squirrel then the team, but that is the state we seem to be in now as a franchise :(

Go Broncos!

bendog
11-29-2010, 09:40 AM
This, I had the guy next to me call the usher to get me thrown out the game because I kept asking how benching Orton would improve this team... They were all chanting for Tebow and I got pissed off... bunch of fair weather ********.

The team sucks. They lost to the niners and a third string qb in London and just lost to the team that had the numberone overall pick in the draft. I agree that Tebow would not make the team better, but watching him could reasonably be seen by some as a reason to watch what otherwise would not only be meaningless but actually a painful experience

bronco militia
11-29-2010, 09:42 AM

maybe it was the part when the rams score 26 unanswered points?

Rohirrim
11-29-2010, 09:42 AM
The offense ain't the problem.

BroncoDoug
11-29-2010, 09:46 AM
The team sucks. They lost to the niners and a third string qb in London and just lost to the team that had the numberone overall pick in the draft. I agree that Tebow would not make the team better, but watching him could reasonably be seen by some as a reason to watch what otherwise would not only be meaningless but actually a painful experience

I don't mind putting Tebow in when the game seems out of reach, but don't just do that to the QB position, bench Knowshon for Ball, Put in Decker, Syd'Quan, all the young players, Orton isn't our problem on offense, he didn't do anything to give up those 26 unanswered points by himself...

bronco militia
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
The offense ain't the problem.

I've got nothing against Orton, but he's the reason Tebow was drafted in the first place. We may as well give the kid his shot now

strafen
11-29-2010, 09:55 AM
One more of the collaterall benefits of having a guy who can't coach.

TailgateNut
11-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Let's not confuse selling the tickets out with people using the tickets

the empty seats yesterday was an embarrassment, no other way to put it...all of the fair-weather ****s can go find another team as far as I am concerned

^This

Although the eventual outcome sucked balls, the game got interesting in the 4th quarter and those who scurried home at half time weren't missed.

TailgateNut
11-29-2010, 10:01 AM
speaking of balls, Orton's disappeared on the last drive again

What do you base that piece of oral garbage on?

TailgateNut
11-29-2010, 10:03 AM

Every time they start that ignorant chant I chant back: "MORONS, MORONS, MORONS". I may get dirty looks from the Tebownites, but they can suck my balls.

bronco militia
11-29-2010, 10:04 AM
What do you base that piece of oral garbage on?

the Jag, Colts, Jets, 49er, and now Rams games

TailgateNut
11-29-2010, 10:06 AM
maybe it was the part when the rams score 26 unanswered points?

Here's another "brain surgeon" who thinks Tebow would fix the teams' issues because "obviously" it's Orton who's at fault for EVERYTHING.

ROFL!

Beantown Bronco
11-29-2010, 10:07 AM

So we're including games where OLine and receiver eff ups count as Orton disappearing in the last drives? Good to know.

TailgateNut
11-29-2010, 10:09 AM

Maybe you should concentrate on Basketball, 'cause you surely have no clue as to why we lost those games. Hint: His initials don't include K+O.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:09 AM
LOL

Why would anyone care what Tail thinks? He just shows up for the social interaction. He doesn't care if the team sucks because he doesn't care about football. Just look at his posts. It is obvious that he doesn't pay attention.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:12 AM

Yup. It is funny that people still defend this. Where have you guys been? Orton has failed in every close game when we had chances to come back late. Every single one. Just look at his QB ratings when we are playing close.

Some love King Garbage Time though. We are going to win tons of games with the guy that puts up killer stats when it doesn't matter!

bronco militia
11-29-2010, 10:14 AM
I know exactly why the Broncos lost those games. Orton had a hand in each one.

Look the game was out of hand and I can see why fans are calling for Tebow. The Broncos don't win with Orton so what's the big deal?

bendog
11-29-2010, 10:17 AM
He did deliver a catchable ball to Graham on the last drive. I'm no Orton fan. He reminds me of Ramsey or a poor man's Deberg, but just sayin .... But I agree with Militia. I think I'll go have tea and a salad for the KC game because i think it will be an epic moment in franchise history and KC will humiliate the team and McDaniels. But if I had tix to either home game left, the only way I'd bother to waste my time was if Tebow was going to start.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:18 AM
He did deliver a catchable ball to Graham on the last drive. I'm no Orton fan. He reminds me of Ramsey or a poor man's Deberg, but just sayin ....

Sure, if Graham was open it would have been a great throw. Or maybe if he threw to a receiver that could not only catch but catch in traffic. Either one would have made it an excellent decision.

bendog
11-29-2010, 10:21 AM
Sure, if Graham was open....

Graham had both hands on the ball. Can't put that fail on Orton. He's better than at least half of the startign qbs in the league. That said, it's pretty mediocre.

Beantown Bronco
11-29-2010, 10:22 AM
I know exactly why the Broncos lost those games. Orton had a hand in each one.

Wow. Just wow.

Look the game was out of hand and I can see why fans are calling for Tebow. The Broncos don't win with Orton so what's the big deal?

McD's entire philosophy is the best at each position will play. Period. What little credibility he has left in that lockerroom will certainly be gone if he goes away from that.

Playing Tebow won't stop our defense from giving up twice as many points as the opponents are averaging on the year, or help them figure out how to actual sack a QB or force a turnover. It won't help our "special" teams. It won't help our running game that is finally showing a glimmer of hope, because teams will seriously crowd the line with Tebow in there.

I just don't see how it's NOT a big deal.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:22 AM
The Broncos don't win with Orton so what's the big deal?

This is what I don't understand. Some here are acting like this move would make us lose or something... I guess some haven't been paying attention.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Graham had both hands on the ball. Can't put that fail on Orton. He's better than at least half of the startign qbs in the league. That said, it's pretty mediocre.

Why wouldn't we put it on Orton? It is on him and McDaniels just as much as it is on Graham. It is pretty obvious that Graham has trouble catching the ball even when wide open. How is it a good decision to throw to a covered Graham in the clutch?

Rohirrim
11-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Every time they start that ignorant chant I chant back: "MORONS, MORONS, MORONS". I may get dirty looks from the Tebownites, but they can suck my balls.

Orton is about the only facet of this team that's working. You just can't fix stupid.

Hogan11
11-29-2010, 10:33 AM
Tebow Pfft.

They can't bring in Tebow for more than the occasion Wild Horse play because extended play on his part would destroy the myth and ruin the team's best revenue source when he ultimately ****'s the bed and fails.

Malcom McClaren once said "do not play, do not give the game away", That is this team's Tebow strategy and it will continue to be this until his marketability tanks.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Orton is about the only facet of this team that's working. You just can't fix stupid.

LOL

Yeah you can't. You also can't force people that don't watch the games to stop claiming that they are fans.

Orton sure gets it done in garbage time though. He can't be part of the reason we aren't good! Just look at the 64 QB rating when we are within 7 in the 4th. That is helping the team win! Maybe we should also look at that 66 QB rating from whenever this team is behind by 8 or less points. These clearly show Orton is doing his job!

Silly dumbasses.

Rohirrim
11-29-2010, 10:38 AM
LOL

Yeah you can't. You also can't force people that don't watch the games to stop claiming that they are fans.

Orton sure gets it done in garbage time though. He can't be part of the reason we aren't good! Just look at the 64 QB rating when we are within 7 in the 4th. That is helping the team win! Maybe we should also look at that 66 QB rating from whenever this team is behind by 8 or less points. These clearly show Orton is doing his job!

Silly dumbasses.

Like I said, you can't fix stupid. Get back to us when Orton can rush the passer or stop the other team from scoring, dumbass.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Like I said, you can't fix stupid. Get back to us when Orton can rush the passer or stop the other team from scoring, dumbass.

Yes, Orton has excuses. Those are much better than results.

bendog
11-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Why wouldn't we put it on Orton? It is on him and McDaniels just as much as it is on Graham. It is pretty obvious that Graham has trouble catching the ball even when wide open. How is it a good decision to throw to a covered Graham in the clutch?

Damn Orton for putting the ball into the hands of a tightly covered TE on 3rd and long for what should have been, but for a drop, a first down. Damn him.

Seriously, you've been driven insane by baja, popps and drek

Rohirrim
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
For anybody who has been paying attention, Graham has been dropping passes all season. Hopefully he's gone at the end of this one.

bronco militia
11-29-2010, 10:49 AM
For anybody who has been paying attention, Graham has been dropping passes all season. Hopefully he's gone at the end of this one.

I agree

jhns
Damn Orton for putting the ball into the hands of a tightly covered TE on 3rd and long for what should have been, but for a drop, a first down. Damn him.

Yup, put it in the hands of a playmaker in the clutch. This is basic stuff.

It is McDaniels, Xanders, and Bowlen that have driven me insane.

TailgateNut

Speaking of stupid. I see jhns crawled back out of his rat hole in Husker country. I sure his comments would make great stand up comedy material.

jhns
11-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Speaking of stupid. I see jhns crawled back out of his rat hole in Husker country. I sure his comments would make great stand up comedy material.

Speaking of....

LOL @ CU

Rohirrim
11-29-2010, 11:00 AM

He's a husker fan? That explains a lot.

TailgateNut
11-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Inbreeding does affect brain function.

RaiderH8r
11-29-2010, 11:18 AM

If only we had a TE who had a set of hands and some speed. Alas, we haven't had a TE like that in a long, long time. You know, the kind of guy who can make the routine grab as well as going up after a jump ball to make an athletic play to come down with the first down. We need one of those TE types.

jhns
11-29-2010, 11:23 AM

It certainly explains why I have so much more class than most of you.

bendog
11-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Well, Shanny brought in Graham with the promise that he'd be more an offensive threat.

Graham's a good player. on 3rd and long, when you have running backs in Moreno and Ball, you'd better have a TE on the field in case the defense shows blitz. It's a 3-8 team and the defense let a rook qb pass for 300 no interceps and (I think) 3tds for the first time in history. I don't think blaming the TE or QB is really the way to go on this one.

And to drag the thread back on topic, I think it's a mistake to pull the plug on McDaniels personnel wise because two drafts could make the defense at least some what credible, but when he blames his assts in front of the owner and then they are turning on him, then it's probably .... totally in the ****ter.

RaiderH8r
11-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Well, Shanny brought in Graham with the promise that he'd be more an offensive threat.

Graham's a good player. on 3rd and long, when you have running backs in Moreno and Ball, you'd better have a TE on the field in case the defense shows blitz. It's a 3-8 team and the defense let a rook qb pass for 300 no interceps and (I think) 3tds for the first time in history. I don't think blaming the TE or QB is really the way to go on this one.

And to drag the thread back on topic, I think it's a mistake to pull the plug on McDaniels personnel wise because two drafts could make the defense at least some what credible, but when he blames his assts in front of the owner and then they are turning on him, then it's probably .... totally in the ****ter.

Yep. I was, and to some degree still am, open to trying to make it work with McKid but if he can't keep good coaches around him, let alone this group he has now, then it really is time to ship the guy out. We need good coaches top to bottom for this thing to work. It looks like sending Nolan out of the building was the best thing McKid could have done for his career. If Nolan's around then Bowlen has a guy to fill the interim spot. Now who do you plug in? McKid's brother or Wink?

I don't want to see another reboot. I would like to see a real NFL Pro brought in as VP Football Operations to oversee and institute a proper scouting system, GM, and cap specialist. Let McKid get back to the brass tacks of X's and O's football and see if he can simply put together winning game plans. The Broncos need an adult in the room and right now we don't have one.

That said, if it is true that his assistants are turning on him or mailing it in then he's got to go.

bendog
11-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Yep. I was, and to some degree still am, open to trying to make it work with McKid but if he can't keep good coaches around him, let alone this group he has now, then it really is time to ship the guy out. We need good coaches top to bottom for this thing to work. It looks like sending Nolan out of the building was the best thing McKid could have done for his career. If Nolan's around then Bowlen has a guy to fill the interim spot. Now who do you plug in? McKid's brother or Wink?

I don't want to see another reboot. I would like to see a real NFL Pro brought in as VP Football Operations to oversee and institute a proper scouting system, GM, and cap specialist. Let McKid get back to the brass tacks of X's and O's football and see if he can simply put together winning game plans. The Broncos need an adult in the room and right now we don't have one.

That said, if it is true that his assistants are turning on him or mailing it in then he's got to go.

Not having Nolan is a real killer. Most likely we see no training camp and at best a short season next year. Bowlen could have given Nolan the HC job and gone short on defensive coaches to have made firing McD somewhat economically acceptable. Firing him is not a good thing, but there may not be a choice now. Nolan knew how to run a team and a draft. Bowlen could have given him a two year deal for 11 and 12 and then moved in a new direction if Nolan didn't do better than he did in SF.

jhns
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
LOL @ the McFans and Tebow haters. Orton sure proved to be the only good player! Tebow definately doesn't help the team win...

HILife
01-26-2012, 12:58 PM
LOL @ the McFans and Tebow haters. Orton sure proved to be the only good player! Tebow definately doesn't help the team win...

why?

jhns
01-26-2012, 01:08 PM
why?

Why not?