PDA

View Full Version : Can McD be trusted?

Merlin
11-28-2010, 09:26 AM
After the Cutler incident, when reports from King contradicted him, McD still threw Cutler under the bus to protect his ass and made it appear as if it was all Cutler's doing (despite what the McD nut-huggers claimed). Then we have his relationship with respected coaches who performed well with him, and continue to perform well away from Denver, ALL leaving and being replaced by utter mediocrity. Now if Fox sports we are told that after the Raiders debacle, McD calls a meeting with all the coaches and the owner, and then proceeds to rip a new one on the coaches, throwing them all under the bus despite HIS putrid record - An Napoleon complex, without any record to support him, and treating his coaches like a cowardly bully. Now we have the London affair, which he is trying to sweep under the bus, and which the McD nut-huggers are trying to claim occurred without his knowing.

Lets consider the facts, the videographer was critical to the NE cheating, McD goes out of his way to hire him, and then this guy guys and proceeds to behave in the old NE way (which btw, now McD acknowledges after lying about it in NE, used the tapes in practices and game situations), and we are to believe this guy did it all on his own, with no prodding from McCheat. And the proof is that McCheat threw him under the bus like everyone else he has in the past. Interesting that despite the fines being levied the matter is still not closed and the commissioner wants to meet with the videographer.

The last thing McD should be given now is the benefit of the doubt on ANYTHING considering his record with coaches, players, and hires...but then I have become rather biased against him.

So, should he be trusted? Does he deserve the benefit of the doubt?

rugbythug
11-28-2010, 09:34 AM
At least your not biased

_Oro_
11-28-2010, 09:36 AM
I say we throw him in the river and see if he floats.

AtlantaBronco
11-28-2010, 09:36 AM
No. He's in way over his head and he makes extremely poor decisions that have caused losses on the field and embarassment to the organization.

I heard this morning on Fox he brought his entire coaching staff before Bowlen and chewed them out in front of him after the Faider loss. If that's true, then I don't know of any coach that would want to work for him. If I'm Bowlen I would have fired him on the spot for that stunt. He's the head coach and accountable for all his coaches. Leaders don't do that. McDaniels is a failure and the sooner he is gone the sooner the pieces can be put back together.

theAPAOps5
11-28-2010, 09:39 AM
He should be burned at the stake. He is a turncoat, a Benedict Arnold, a wolf in sheep's clothing, a spy, a poopoo head......

Down with the coach who only wants to kill Denver, down with him!

/sarcasm

McDman
11-28-2010, 09:40 AM
You can't trust any coach, they're all liars and more than likely all try to cheat in some way.

frerottenextelway
11-28-2010, 09:42 AM
The question that needs to be asked, would you buy a used car from him?

elsid13
11-28-2010, 09:43 AM

Actually the real question could you work for McDaniels as assistant coach?

tsiguy96
wow, posts here get stupider by the day.

bowtown

Whaaa?

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2010, 09:51 AM
After the Cutler incident, when reports from King contradicted him, McD still threw Cutler under the bus to protect his ass and made it appear as if it was all Cutler's doing (despite what the McD nut-huggers claimed). Then we have his relationship with respected coaches who performed well with him, and continue to perform well away from Denver, ALL leaving and being replaced by utter mediocrity. Now if Fox sports we are told that after the Raiders debacle, McD calls a meeting with all the coaches and the owner, and then proceeds to rip a new one on the coaches, throwing them all under the bus despite HIS putrid record - An Napoleon complex, without any record to support him, and treating his coaches like a cowardly bully. Now we have the London affair, which he is trying to sweep under the bus, and which the McD nut-huggers are trying to claim occurred without his knowing.

Lets consider the facts, the videographer was critical to the NE cheating, McD goes out of his way to hire him, and then this guy guys and proceeds to behave in the old NE way (which btw, now McD acknowledges after lying about it in NE, used the tapes in practices and game situations), and we are to believe this guy did it all on his own, with no prodding from McCheat. And the proof is that McCheat threw him under the bus like everyone else he has in the past. Interesting that despite the fines being levied the matter is still not closed and the commissioner wants to meet with the videographer.

The last thing McD should be given now is the benefit of the doubt on ANYTHING considering his record with coaches, players, and hires...but then I have become rather biased against him.

no on multiple levels

Broncos_OTM
11-28-2010, 09:52 AM
wow, posts here get stupider by the day.

Dude your girl is sleeping around on you. but i bet you still love her dont you

elsid13
11-28-2010, 09:55 AM

tsiguy96 moved to NC????

bowtown
11-28-2010, 09:56 AM
You can certainly trust that he wants to win badly, and is going to do what he thinks needs to be done to win football games. Now, can you trust that those things are the right approach? So far, based on record, you'd have to say no. But when you talk about trust and NFL coaches, I'm not sure why you would judge it on aything else.

uplink
11-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Bowlen must be very unhappy about this scandal. Odds are McD is out after the season unless he is not responsible for hiring the camera guy from NE.

Dagmar
11-28-2010, 10:06 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/freeTheInternet/Smiley/Medium/smiley-yawn.gif

oubronco
11-28-2010, 10:43 AM

If this is true it was very unprofessional and kind of a punk thing to do

rugbythug
11-28-2010, 11:02 AM
If this is true it was very unprofessional and kind of a punk thing to do
I agree IMO probably the worst thing I have seen him do in his tenure. This is a character flaws. Bad Picks are just that.

footstepsfrom#27
11-28-2010, 11:05 AM
This latest incident certainly casts additional doubt on the official version of events that transpired when he first got here and who said/did what etc...anyone thinking otherwise isn't being realistic. We are now one of two teams out of 32 with this cheaters tag that's going to be attached to the team right or wrong. You know Bowlen does not appreciate that for sure. It will be interesting to see what happens down the stretch now.

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 11:08 AM

nice! so much for the "keep family and loved ones off the OM" rule...

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Trusted to do what?

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Trusted to do what?

fist pump, homey.

KipCorrington25
11-28-2010, 11:24 AM
The guy is as crooked as a barrel full of snakes.

I had a bad feeling after the Mikle Leach train wreck and it only got worse from there.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 11:29 AM
The guy is as crooked as a barrel full of snakes.

I had a bad feeling after the Mikle Leach train wreck and it only got worse from there.

Oh man I laughed at this.

spdirty
11-28-2010, 11:39 AM
We will now have the cheaters label on us until he is gone. I hope those of you who still support this mess realize that.

Archer81
11-28-2010, 11:41 AM
We will now have the cheaters label on us until he is gone. I hope those of you who still support this mess realize that.

I hope you realize that "manipulating" the cap in the late 1990s was worse than this will ever be.

The difference between then and now is we were winning then, and we are not now.

:Broncos:

elsid13
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
I hope you realize that "manipulating" the cap in the late 1990s was worse than this will ever be.

The difference between then and now is we were winning then, and we are not now.

Once again we didn't manipulate the cap, we deferred payments that was legal under the rules at the time. That loophole was not close until after Denver told League office what it did and the NFL disagree with the approach. In this case we broke the rules that were clearly in place.

Archer81
11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Once again we didn't manipulate the cap, we deferred payments that was legal under the rules at the time. That loophole was not close until after Denver told League office what it did and the NFL disagree with the approach. In this case we broke the rules that were clearly in place.

Deferring is a form of manipulation. And the team lost a 3rd round pick if I remember right. That was worse then this. The crying over "spygate II" is getting to be ridiculous. 6 minutes of a bull**** walkthrough does not make the Broncos cheaters. It makes the jerkass who filmed it a ****ing jerkass.

oubronco
11-28-2010, 11:50 AM
Deferring is a form of manipulation. And the team lost a 3rd round pick if I remember right. That was worse then this. The crying over "spygate II" is getting to be ridiculous. 6 minutes of a bull**** walkthrough does not make the Broncos cheaters. It makes the jerkass who filmed it a ****ing jerkass.

What about the one who told him to do it?

elsid13
11-28-2010, 11:51 AM

One is was clearly against the rules and one wasn't. Even if the deferred payment approach was wrong, it doesn't change the fact that Denver broke the rules in filming a walk through.

Archer81
11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
One is was clearly against the rules and one wasn't. Even if the deferred payment approach was wrong, it doesn't change the fact that Denver broke the rules in filming a walk through.

I dont believe I am arguing the "rightness" of filming an opponent walk through. I am arguing that this situation is not the end of the world. Worse things have happened to the Broncos (losing a pick is worse, no matter how much some want to spin it). And if other teams want to cry about cheating, then it is nothing new. They already think the Broncos cheat (cutblocking...anyone remember those stories on pregame shows about Denver's "dirty" tactics) or manipulating the cap. 6 minutes of game film is a tuft of nothing, an incredibly stupid mistake by an employee who should have have never been hired, which by the way is the thing McDaniels should be criticized for.

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 11:55 AM
What about the one who told him to do it?

oh, you mean the guy who refused to watch the tape, and was completely cleared by all NFL investigation of any wrongdoing, aside from not reporting it soon enough?

he wnated to brush this under the rug because he did not watch the tape and theres enough BS going on with this team. right or wrong, he tried to avoid a potential distraction and it backfired. but he didnt cheat.

Broncomutt
11-28-2010, 12:08 PM
oh, you mean the guy who refused to watch the tape, and was completely cleared by all NFL investigation of any wrongdoing, aside from not reporting it soon enough?

Sooo, he wasn't cleared of wrongdoing, then. Hence the $50k fine.thwack

Keep whitewashing though, you've almost got this scandal buried and McD looks more and more like a hero every minute. :oyvey:

snowspot66
11-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Sooo, he wasn't cleared of wrongdoing, then. Hence the $50k fine.thwack

Keep whitewashing though, you've almost got this scandal buried and McD looks more and more like a hero every minute. :oyvey:

Peanuts. A token fine because Goodell has to fine somebody.

Criticize his record all you want. But this is some pretty weak bull****.

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Peanuts. A token fine because Goodell has to fine somebody.

Criticize his record all you want. But this is some pretty weak bull****.

seriously. his W-L record is not good, but to blame this on him is truly weak. also, i cant believe people are beginning to bring up trading cutler and marshall again as negatives against mcd. maroney? yes. hillis? yes. those two? absolutely not, they were great trades.

Gort
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
no, McD cannot be trusted. i have it on good authority from an anonymous source close to the team that McD is a sneaksy hobbitses.

http://www.ratewall.com/cpics/07254e14-0052-4613-9f64-fce864a40c40_lord_of_the_rings_gollum.jpg

orinjkrush
11-28-2010, 12:19 PM
if mcd keeps driving like the Broncos like this, even Geico won't insure his job.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/car-train-wrecks-0.jpg

oubronco
11-28-2010, 12:21 PM

he wnated to brush this under the rug because he did not watch the tape and theres enough BS going on with this team. right or wrong, he tried to avoid a potential distraction and it backfired. but he didnt cheat.

Right............. Mcd hires the guy who taped the spygate in NE and then it happens again without anyone telling him to do it............Keep dreaming

Dr. Broncenstein
11-28-2010, 12:22 PM
seriously. His w-l record is not good, but to blame this on him is truly weak. Also, i cant believe people are beginning to bring up trading cutler and marshall again as negatives against mcd. Maroney? Yes. Hillis? Yes. Those two? Absolutely not, they were great trades.

lol

broncolife
11-28-2010, 12:26 PM
Mcdaniels on Peyton Hillis

Mcdaniels in June :We're going to use every skill he has. He does a lot of things well. He can run the ball as a single back or he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He can block in two- back sets or he can split out wide. He's got great hands and he's a very tough runner to bring down when you give him the ball. So he'll do a lot of different things for us."

Mcdaniels in August:Kind of an older- school guy. Physical fits him, tough fits him, smart, plays a lot of positions on our team."

Mcdaniels gets asked a ton of question by the media asking why Hillis isnt playing more. Mcdaniles didnt seem to pleased.

Mcdaniels when asked if he had changed his opinion of Hillis since last summer: "Nope. He's done everything we've asked him to do and he's filled in when we've asked him to fill in and will likely play a broader role this week, depending on Buckhalter's health and availability for this game." Hillis got 1 carry and a lame excuse.Personally I think Mcdaniels was making a point to the fans and media that he runs the team.

McDaniels said he wants to get FB Peyton Hillis more involved in the offense next season.

Hillis is traded

McDaniels says Hillis doesnt fit what we are trying to do

Gort
11-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Personally I think Mcdaniels was making a point to the fans and media that he runs the team.

me too.

he did the same thing earlier this year when the media asked about putting in Tebow when down near the goal line. he laughed it off as ridiculous, until he actually put Tebow in down near the goal line and Tebow started scoring TDs.

this is McD's biggest flaw. i don't know if he's insecure because of his age or experience or what... but he'd rather defend being wrong than admit he was wrong.