DenverBound
11-27-2010, 06:04 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
11/27/10
BRONCOS DISCLOSE VIOLATION OF INTEGRITY-OF-GAME POLICY
BRONCOS FINED $50,000 FOR VIOLATION
HEAD COACH JOSH MCDANIELS FINED $50,000 FOR FAILING TO REPORT
PROHIBITED VIDEOTAPING OF OPPOSING TEAM PRACTICE
The Denver Broncos discovered and disclosed to the NFL a violation by a club employee of the league’s
integrity-of-the-game policy involving the improper videotaping of a six-minute portion of the San Francisco
49ers’ October 30 practice at Wembley Stadium in London the day prior to the Broncos-49ers game there, the
Broncos and NFL announced today.
Team video director Steve Scarnecchia took the video and presented it that day to head coach Josh
McDaniels, who declined to view it, the investigation by the Broncos and NFL has determined. However, as a
result of failing to report the incident as required by league policy, McDaniels has been fined $50,000 by
Commissioner Roger Goodell.
The Broncos also have been fined $50,000 by Commissioner Goodell because clubs are ultimately
accountable for the actions of their employees.
The Broncos have terminated Scarnecchia’s employment for cause. In addition, Commissioner Goodell has
notified Scarnecchia that, as a repeat violator of league rules relating to the integrity of the game, he will be the
subject of a hearing to determine whether he should be barred from the NFL for conduct detrimental to the
league under the commissioner’s disciplinary authority in the NFL Constitution and Bylaws.
The investigation found that Broncos executives were made aware of the apparent improper videotaping on
November 8 following the team’s return from London.
After conducting an internal review, team executives contacted the NFL office on November 12 and requested
a meeting to report the apparent violation. On the morning of November 16, Broncos executives, including
owner Pat Bowlen, met with NFL staff in New York to disclose Mr. Scarnecchia’s actions.
Based on the report, NFL Security promptly began an investigation, which included interviews of Broncos
personnel in Denver on November 18 and 19. In addition, they arranged for a forensic analysis of the laptop
computers used by the video department, which confirmed that the Saturday practice had been recorded. NFL
Security has retained the tape.
Following are excerpts from Commissioner Goodell’s letter to Broncos owner Pat Bowlen:

“The investigation was conducted with the full cooperation and support of the Denver Broncos. Your
entire organization has fully responded to our requests for information and access to individuals, and
provided exemplary assistance to our investigators.

“The investigation disclosed that on October 30, the day before the Broncos played the 49ers in
London, Steve Scarnecchia, Denver’s video director, was present in Wembley Stadium. He was
properly at the stadium, along with players, coaches and other club staff, to prepare for the October 31
game. During this time, the Broncos conducted their final walk-thru. After the Denver players and
most of the other team staff left Wembley, Mr. Scarnecchia remained behind to continue setting up his
equipment for the next day. At one point he noticed that the 49ers were conducting their walk-thru
practice, and he surreptitiously recorded a portion (approximately six minutes in length) of that practice.

“When he was interviewed by NFL Security, Mr. Scarnecchia admitted that he had recorded the
practice. He maintained that he had not previously recorded a walk-thru or other practice or engaged in
any other improper videotaping (such as recording coaching signals of an opposing team) since joining
the Broncos; that he knew that what he did in London was wrong; that taping the walk-thru was his
decision alone; and that nobody had instructed him to record the practice.

“Mr. Scarnecchia also stated that while he offered to show the tape to head Coach McDaniels, the
coach had no interest in the material and did not in fact watch the tape. He said that Coach McDaniels
responded to his offer by saying, “No, I’m not doing that,” at which point Mr. Scarnecchia left. He also
said that he did not show the tape to any other member of the coaching staff, and our interviews do not
disclose that any member of the coaching or football staff viewed the recording.

“Our investigators immediately and independently interviewed Coach McDaniels and did so under
circumstances that would have made it impossible for him to have spoken to Mr. Scarnecchia in
advance. (It is also significant that your staff had not previously discussed the matter with Coach
McDaniels; thus, his meeting with NFL Security was the first time that he had been questioned on the
matter.) Coach McDaniels recounted essentially the same sequence of events as Mr. Scarnnechia had
previously disclosed – namely, that Mr. Scarnecchia had come to him and advised that he had
recorded the walk-thru, and that Coach McDaniels told Mr. Scarnecchia that he was not interested in
watching the tape and did not do so.

“Based on our investigation, we have found no evidence to suggest that Coach McDaniels or any other
member of the coaching staff watched the tape. Nor have we identified any evidence to suggest that
any member of the coaching staff or club management directed Mr. Scarnecchia to record the practice.
We are aware of no evidence that would indicate the recording of any other opposing team practices or
walk-thrus, or the like. And there is no reason to believe that the improper videotaping in London had
any competitive effect on the October 31 game between the Broncos and 49ers.

“There is no question, as you and your executives recognized, that Mr. Scarnecchia’s actions are
prohibited by league rules. Even Mr. Scarnecchia acknowledged this. You initially placed Mr.
Scarnecchia on administrative leave and have advised me that he now has been discharged for cause.

“Although I find no fault with the way the club handled this matter once you and your executives
became aware of it, I nonetheless believe that some penalty must be imposed. We have no more
important responsibility than preserving the integrity and competitive fairness of the game and avoiding
any implication that games are decided by anything other than what takes place on the field. In the
only prior case of improper videotaping, the penalties included fines on the club and the head coach, as
well as loss of a first round draft pick. For many reasons, there is no basis here to consider discipline at
anywhere close to those levels: this appears to be a single incident by an employee who acted entirely
on his own; there was no competitive effect; and, most importantly, the Broncos promptly took the
initiative to report the violation. Had any of those factors not been present, I would have almost certainly
imposed much more substantial discipline on the club. But because clubs are ultimately accountable
for the conduct of their employees, I have determined that a sanction on the club is appropriate, and
have therefore imposed a fine on the Broncos of $50,000.

“With respect to Coach McDaniels, I have reached the conclusion that disciplinary action is appropriate
for him as well. While he apparently declined to look at the tape, I also believe that he should have
immediately advised you or one of your senior executives when he learned what Mr. Scarnecchia had
done. The coach’s failure to do so is inconsistent with the Policy on Integrity of the Game, which
imposes an obligation on executives, head coaches and others with knowledge of violations to report
them promptly. Because Coach McDaniels failed to do so, I have decided to impose a fine on him of
$50,000. I have also, as you know, personally discussed this matter with Coach McDaniels, and have
emphasized his critical role in fostering and maintaining a culture of integrity within the football
organization. I believe that he now understands his responsibilities in this respect, and am hopeful that
he will live up to those responsibilities in the future.

“As part of an effort to confirm that that the violations do not extend beyond Mr. Scarnecchia’s actions
in London, a significant number of club employees have signed a certification confirming that they are
aware of no further violations of the Policy. The signatories include you, Joe Ellis, Rich Slivka, Coach
McDaniels and his staff, and the remaining members of the club’s video staff. Although we believe that
our investigation has thoroughly addressed the matter, I should also add that if further information
comes to our attention, we will reopen the investigation and, if the facts warrant, will impose additional
discipline as appropriate.

broncos-rock
11-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Am I the only one that is not bothered by this? Is it a distraction? Yes, but I honestly don't care!

DenverBound
11-27-2010, 06:17 PM
It seems so many people around here are trying to use this situation for their anti-McD agenda. This press release is the facts. The facts that the NFL and Mr. Goodell came up with. The facts say, McD had nothing to do with this and did nothing wrong.

ColoradoDarin
11-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Am I the only one that is not bothered by this? Is it a distraction? Yes, but I honestly don't care!

As long as we didn't lose picks, yup. Don't care.

thecool
11-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Pretty much, McDaniels is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He didn't look at the tape... and at the time he thought the best way to move forward was to just forget the situation.

We all know what he should have done, however the reality of the situation is not that simple. Most of us have jobs, and some of us have jobs with strong relationships. And let's be real, dirty **** happens all over America, the world, throughout all corporations.

If McDaniels simply is just fined and in trouble for not telling, I personally don't care. And the fact that McDaniels didn't look at the tape shows his true integrity. Through my time, I've known some of the most honest human beings. Some who would not tell a lie if his life depended on it. However they would never tell on anyone. They would be asked by higher authority to answer questions, forcing them to tell...but they wouldn't. Is it right? Who knows, maybe it depends on the situation, but it's real.

The Broncos fan base is very sensitive. Like high school girls.

If McDaniels told, he would be damned anyways by the fans for being a snitch with Napoleon characteristics.

This is an unfortunate situation for McDaniels and the Broncos...however a few wins should hopefully have this thing roll over.

Let's not act like Shanahan doesn't pull similar tactics off by allowing his players to skip practice off bull**** and cater to his star players. Considering Shanahan's loyalty, I'm pretty damn sure he would never tell on anyone either.

NYBronco
11-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Let's play football!

This article should be saved and be convenient for reference in the future to remind everyone the facts of this incident.

frerottenextelway
11-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Reading it, it looks okay for the Broncos organization, but still looks bad for Coach McDaniels who hired this character and didn't report him.

DBroncos4life
Why didn't McD fire the guy for cheating?

Missouribronc
Can we get a link, or a confirmation that this actually came from the league?

frerottenextelway
11-27-2010, 06:29 PM
....The facts say, McD had nothing to do with this and did nothing wrong.

The report says he got fined for doing something wrong. The report does make Pat look really good though.

Captain 'Dre
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't think it's a big deal, except to say that there hasn't been ANY good news coming out of Dove Valley in six months.

Just what we need... ugh!~

Requiem
11-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Look guys,

All we were trying to do was win a mother****ing game!

gunns
11-27-2010, 06:39 PM
It seems so many people around here are trying to use this situation for their anti-McD agenda. This press release is the facts. The facts that the NFL and Mr. Goodell came up with. The facts say, McD had nothing to do with this and did nothing wrong.

Did nothing wrong? While I believe he did not view the tape (because we lost like little bitches) being fined $50,000 does not mean you did nothing wrong. Read the one paragraph. He now understands???

bombquixote
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Fairly obvious at this point the Broncos didn't gain a competitive edge.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Personally I don't. It's done. Storm in a teacup. Now go four and two and I'll be willing to give you another year.

DenverBound
11-27-2010, 06:43 PM

http://www.denverbroncos.com/assets/docs/Denver-Video.pdf

Dagmar
11-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't think it's a big deal, except to say that there hasn't been ANY good news coming out of Dove Valley in six months.

Just what we need... ugh!~

Teeeeeeeeeeebow! :strong:

strafen
11-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Pretty much, McDaniels is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He didn't look at the tape... and at the time he thought the best way to move forward was to just forget the situation.

We all know what he should have done, however the reality of the situation is not that simple. Most of us have jobs, and some of us have jobs with strong relationships. And let's be real, dirty **** happens all over America, the world, throughout all corporations.

If McDaniels simply is just fined and in trouble for not telling, I personally don't care. And the fact that McDaniels didn't look at the tape shows his true integrity. Through my time, I've known some of the most honest human beings. Some who would not tell a lie if his life depended on it. However they would never tell on anyone. They would be asked by higher authority to answer questions, forcing them to tell...but they wouldn't. Is it right? Who knows, maybe it depends on the situation, but it's real.

The Broncos fan base is very sensitive. Like high school girls.

If McDaniels told, he would be damned anyways by the fans for being a snitch with Napoleon characteristics.

This is an unfortunate situation for McDaniels and the Broncos...however a few wins should hopefully have this thing roll over.

Let's not act like Shanahan doesn't pull similar tactics off by allowing his players to skip practice off bull**** and cater to his star players. Considering Shanahan's loyalty, I'm pretty damn sure he would never tell on anyone either.

Yup, it's all Shanahan's fault.
Anytime McDaniels ****s up, let's bring Shanahan into the mix just to justify how appropiate McDaniels actions were...

Popps
11-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Let's play football!

This article should be saved and be convenient for reference in the future to remind everyone the facts of this incident.

You're kidding, right? You think facts are going to get in the way of people's opinions around here?

It's a black mark for McDaniels. To me, probably the most significant.

That said, it is what it is. He can rectify everything by building a winning football team. Hopefully that starts tomorrow.

Popps
11-27-2010, 07:06 PM

Hilarious!

What, you think he drew that up himself? Just had some spare time after dinner?

Wes Mantooth
11-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I am now on board. He needs to go. Total BS that he did not view the tape. In addition, we lost the freakin' game!

broncswin
Good to hear...glad McD didn't do anything stupid there...I still am not confident in his head coaching abilities...the guy has to start proving himself on the field and bring positives to this organization quickly.

go_broncos
He didn't report that it happened..We got fined for 50k for that dumb fellow.
Some one reported that to Ellis.Otherwise, we would not have known.
I am not surprised that Mcd lovers supporting him.

Hopefully, he gets fired after this season.
Bowlen..Please hire a real coach and not fake people that pose as head coaches.

strafen
11-27-2010, 07:18 PM
I thought he was bringing in the Patriots way, as in winning superbowls, not their way of cheating
The fact that McDaniels hired this guy immediately after he got the HC job with Denver got to make you suspicious.
Why did he need to hire somebody he trusted and was familiar with to be his director of video operations?
I think we found out the answer today, didn't we?

Boobs McGee
11-27-2010, 07:20 PM
I kind of picture the whole situation unfolding like this....
camera guy thought he'd score some brownie points with the coach, but McD wasn't down with it. In fact he probably said a little something more than "no, I'm not doing that". It was PROBABLY more like, what the **** do you think you're doing you stupid asshole? Didn't you learn your lesson in NE you dumb ****? Now get that **** out of my sight and NEVER bring it up again. At which point in time, he assumed that they were the only two who knew about it, and he was going to try and work past it.

That's what I would HOPE happened, but unfortunately, as it stands now, the cat is out of the bag and he should have been the one to say something.

I dunno, I'm a McD supporter (hope he turns this ship around, and we start winning), but things like this that shouldn't even BE a distraction ARE a distraction, and that's what's most disconcerting to me.

Lets just go kick the **** out of the Rams and forget about this crap.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 07:23 PM
The thing that still pisses me off is that he put our draft picks at risk with this little stunt. He broke policy, got slapped, and people are willing to excuse it. If the NFL decided it was malice and not stupidity that led to Josh not disclosing the cheating, we would be up the creek without a paddle.

Missouribronc
11-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Hilarious!

What, you think he drew that up himself? Just had some spare time after dinner?

These idiots who are so hell bent on getting rid of McDaniels because they are Cutler fans will believe or say anything to indict McDaniels. As much lies and information they have spewed in the last two years...

So, yes, I need links and proof.

strafen
11-27-2010, 07:31 PM
The thing that still pisses me off is that he put our draft picks at risk with this little stunt. He broke policy, got slapped, and people are willing to excuse it. If the NFL decided it was malice and not stupidity that led to Josh not disclosing the cheating, we would be up the creek without a paddle.When the NFL found out McDaniels was trying to cheat a 1-6 team, they decided he was too dumb to take away a draft pick from him, since he wouldn't know what to do with it, anyway...

Missouribronc
11-27-2010, 07:36 PM
When the NFL found out McDaniels was trying to cheat a 1-6 team, they decided he was too dumb to take away a draft pick from him, since he wouldn't know what to do with it, anyway...

Man, you ****ers are stupid.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 07:37 PM
The thing that still pisses me off is that he put our draft picks at risk with this little stunt. He broke policy, got slapped, and people are willing to excuse it. If the NFL decided it was malice and not stupidity that led to Josh not disclosing the cheating, we would be up the creek without a paddle.

More Than Likely it was neither. He probably did not say anything because he did not want to get his friend fired. Steve S. whatever his name is, is a real person who is now probably going to be bankrupt. He made a 6 minute mistake thinking he would help his team. And now won't be able to make his house payment. Lets be honest I doubt most of us on this board would run to the commissioner if our friend just screwed up. We would probably tell him never do it again and move forward, no harm no foul.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 07:46 PM
More Than Likely it was neither. He probably did not say anything because he did not want to get his friend fired. Steve S. whatever his name is, is a real person who is now probably going to be bankrupt. He made a 6 minute mistake thinking he would help his team. And now won't be able to make his house payment. Lets be honest I doubt most of us on this board would run to the commissioner if our friend just screwed up. We would probably tell him never do it again and move forward, no harm no foul.

If this really is his second time doing this he should not only be fired but banned from the nfl

bowtown
11-27-2010, 07:59 PM
I hope he did watch it and just got away with it. That's what a good coach would have done. Although he should have won the game too.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 08:07 PM
If this really is his second time doing this he should not only be fired but banned from the nfl

First offense is guilty by association. The Patriots did it for years. That is why they got caught. Mangini new they were going to do it so he busted them.

broncosteven
11-27-2010, 08:10 PM
Very sad for the organization that they employ people who don't think twice about cheating...twice...

Maybe it was mCd's ignorance or lack of experience at the HC level but if this was the same guy who got busted with the Patsy's then it is on mCd to tell someone, he knew what happened with the Patsy's. We are lucky we haven't lost any draft picks yet.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 08:15 PM
First offense is guilty by association. The Patriots did it for years. That is why they got caught. Mangini new they were going to do it so he busted them.

He still should be fired.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 08:30 PM

Yes, no doubt the same people that have been on a Josh witch-hunt have been hysterical about this.

Apparently the NFL thinks it's no big deal.

In hindsight obviously Josh mishandled the situation, he should have told that guy to go back to the hotel and don't have any more contact with the team until the situation was reviewed by responsible parties. But that's hard to do to somebody you've been working with for a long time, it's really hard to do. The tendency is to just let it slide, no harm no foul, tell them just don't do it again.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 08:31 PM
He still should be fired.

He was

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 08:32 PM
He was

I just saw it on tv.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 08:37 PM
Why didn't McD fire the guy for cheating?

Honestly, would you have? I probably would not have, I would have done the ol' face palm thing and asked him what were you thinking, you're gonna get us all in trouble, don't do it again.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Honestly, would you have? I probably would not have, I would have done the ol' face palm thing and asked him what were you thinking, you're gonna get us all in trouble, don't do it again.

Yes I would have. He got us in trouble anyways.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 08:45 PM

Really who hasn't as a manager. I give people a strike at least.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 08:46 PM

Have you ever fired any one?

eddie mac
11-27-2010, 08:50 PM
When the NFL found out McDaniels was trying to cheat a 1-6 team, they decided he was too dumb to take away a draft pick from him, since he wouldn't know what to do with it, anyway...

That's either pretty good sarcasm or you've just let Bob remove the dumbass hat.LOL

eddie mac
11-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Oh look another thread about absolutely nothing. $100k in fines, ffs Harrison had those in his last 4 games.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 08:54 PM
You're kidding, right? You think facts are going to get in the way of people's opinions around here?

It's a black mark for McDaniels. To me, probably the most significant.
That said, it is what it is. He can rectify everything by building a winning football team. Hopefully that starts tomorrow.

I won't characterize it as a black mark. I guess he was naive to think there wouldn't be whispers about it, to hope it would slide on through. As I said above it's hard to fire somebody you've worked closely with for years.

A guy more experienced maybe would have thrown Scarnecchia under the bus fast before it came back on him.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 08:56 PM
Have you ever fired any one?

Yes I have.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 09:00 PM
This thread reads like a daytime soap...

We have the actual statement from the NFL and some of you people are so convinced a 6 minute clip of a walkthrough is somehow the 6th seal being broken signaling the apocalypse. The more I read about this the more I am convinced it is a one time event. Six minute video clip...thats like a youtube video. What are they going to get out of it? Dudes in shorts standing up and walking through a few plays...and obviously the NFL felt the same way.

For ****'s sake...the moon could break into pieces tomorrow and a chunk could land in Colorado a block away from McDaniels house and some of you would absolutely believe McD used a "laser" to blow it up.

Unreal.

:Broncos:

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 09:05 PM

Well, like the Commish alluded to, Josh will fire the next guy PDQ if there's any question about cheating. I think you've pointed out many times Josh is on a learning curve and the Commish just nudged him along it.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 09:09 PM

We have the actual statement from the NFL and some of you people are so convinced a 6 minute clip of a walkthrough is somehow the 6th seal being broken signaling the apocalypse. The more I read about this the more I am convinced it is a one time event. Six minute video clip...thats like a youtube video. What are they going to get out of it? Dudes in shorts standing up and walking through a few plays...and obviously the NFL felt the same way.

For ****'s sake...the moon could break into pieces tomorrow and a chunk could land in Colorado a block away from McDaniels house and some of you would absolutely believe McD used a "laser" to blow it up.

Unreal.

He's an evil man. I can see that happening. Don't underestimate his power.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, like the Commish alluded to, Josh will fire the next guy PDQ if there's any question about cheating. I think you've pointed out many times Josh is on a learning curve and the Commish just nudged him along it.

I'm glad th nfl took it easy on us in away. I really think its time Denver gets a guy like Marty in here or maybe even Reeves to help Josh out. Before today I don't think Josh would have went along with the idea but now I can't see him arguing much. Pat took a bold risk on him maybe its time he let's go of some power to not only save his job but get our team we all love back to its winning ways.

Popps
11-27-2010, 09:16 PM

Remember the Cutler saga?

People are simply going to believe whatever suits their agenda.

The team and the league have laid out the facts, people have been punished... and the league even praised the Broncos on their handling of the issue.

While embarrassing and unfortunate, it is what it is... a mistake that's in the rear-view mirror.

If we were 8-2 right now, 95% of the people here would be defending McDaniels, defending the organization and poo-poo'ing this whole thing.

That's just how this stuff works.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Remember the Cutler saga?

People are simply going to believe whatever suits their agenda.

The team and the league have laid out the facts, people have been punished... and the league even praised the Broncos on their handling of the issue.

While embarrassing and unfortunate, it is what it is... a mistake that's in the rear-view mirror.

If we were 8-2 right now, 95% of the people here would be defending McDaniels, defending the organization and poo-poo'ing this whole thing.

That's just how this stuff works.

Popps,

See reason. Clearly McDaniels is Darth Hoodie, sent to destroy the rebel alliance at the whim of Emperor Palpatine. Things will only be right again when the son of man is born in the city of Manilla, and delivered unto us...we shall know him by the number 15...do not be fooled by false prophets...so sayeth the Lawd.

Amen...

BroncoBuff
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/820/dejavudejavu1oi6.jpg

thecool
11-27-2010, 09:23 PM

Unreal.

LOL

Let's think about the situation.

Scarnecchia recorded the walkthrough, and after dinner offered it to McDaniels. Let's accept that there is NOTHING that can be done by McDaniels to prevent this.

So going into McDaniels shoes, you have 2 options (honest options):

1. Report Scarnecchia a day before the game.
2. Tell Scarnecchia to throw that **** away and forget about it.

So, if he goes with option 1:

A. McDaniels wins the game, and then gets labeled as a cheater. Scarnecchia CAN say that McDaniels looked at the tape and cause all this ruckus since McDaniels betrayed him. Or, the 49ers can start pointing fingers and this could get ugly.

B. McDaniels loses the game. Same as above, but 49ers probably wouldn't give a damn.

If he goes with option 2:

A. McDaniels wins the game, and Scarnecchia situation either disappears or comes up again. 49ers can start pointing fingers, but Scarnecchia will probably stay honest if he gets caught since McDaniels didn't rat him out.

B. McDaniels loses the game and now we have this.

That's how I see it at least. Think about this again with real life variables. McDaniels is truly in an unfortunate situation that he couldn't have prevented.

I think the fact that he lost the game actually helps his credibility here a bit... (looking at the smaller picture, not bigger).

gunns
11-27-2010, 09:26 PM

Unreal.

It isn't the video, viewing it, not viewing it. It's the dumb act McD attempted to play. Having been on the Pats he KNEW exactly what he should have done and didn't. And once again he's involved in the negative press brought on the Broncos, no matter how slight you might feel it is. When a player is only fined $35,000 for potentially harming another player but McD is fined $50,000 I think the NFL looked at it as serious. I will give props to McD for convincing the NFL he did not view the tape. It probably saved us draft pick(s). Your attempt at making the fans look like the fools for being disgusted with McD's irresponsibility isn't working in this instance.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
It isn't the video, viewing it, not viewing it. It's the dumb act McD attempted to play. Having been on the Pats he KNEW exactly what he should have done and didn't. And once again he's involved in the negative press brought on the Broncos, no matter how slight you might feel it is. When a player is only fined $35,000 for potentially harming another player but McD is fined $50,000 I think the NFL looked at it as serious. I will give props to McD for convincing the NFL he did not view the tape. It probably saved us draft pick(s). Your attempt at making the fans look like the fools for being disgusted with McD's irresponsibility isn't working in this instance.

That's pretty much it.

thecool

There is nothing he could have done to avoid negative press. Scarnecchia went out on his own and did something stupid.

McDaniels said he didn't, and it was confirmed by Scarnecchia... it took 2 people to confirm this.

Archer81

It is slight. A 6 minute video clip he didnt look at. The only way you blame McDaniels is for hiring the dude in the first place. And a player harming another player can be fined, and suspended for games, which is substantially larger than a 50k fine, especially if that player is not a "star".

Im not thrilled the Broncos are back in the news for bad news, but as far as bad news goes this is mild. If this news was a chili pepper, it would not rate on the scogel (sp) units for hotness.

Broncos4tw
11-27-2010, 09:33 PM
It's perception people. Do you really want your team to be associated with cheating? Regardless if McD didn't look at the film (I also have a bridge I'd be willing to sell you, if you believe he did not, or didn't ask for this guy to do this), he did not handle it right at all. He should have fired the guy on the spot, and told the team immediately. That would have given him the aura of a solid, good coach who cares about how this would hurt his team. But no...

Go check out some other forums for other teams. Broncos are already being lumped in with the "cheater" teams, regardless if what was true or not. I didn't think I'd see the day when we would be lumped in the likes of the Raiders of Cheatriots.

He made a stupid mistake. It's amazing how many of you just blow it off as if it's nothing. This is how the legacy of CRAPPY CHEATING TEAMS is born.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 09:40 PM
It's perception people. Do you really want your team to be associated with cheating? Regardless if McD didn't look at the film (I also have a bridge I'd be willing to sell you, if you believe he did not, or didn't ask for this guy to do this), he did not handle it right at all. He should have fired the guy on the spot, and told the team immediately. That would have given him the aura of a solid, good coach who cares about how this would hurt his team. But no...

Go check out some other forums for other teams. Broncos are already being lumped in with the "cheater" teams, regardless if what was true or not. I didn't think I'd see the day when we would be lumped in the likes of the Raiders of Cheatriots.

He made a stupid mistake. It's amazing how many of you just blow it off as if it's nothing. This is how the legacy of CRAPPY CHEATING TEAMS is born.

Other boards regularly highlight our "manipulation" of the salary cap during our superbowl runs. They already consider us cheaters.

Also, who gives a flying bea arthur dried out titty what other teams think? **** em.

epicSocialism4tw
11-27-2010, 09:45 PM
As long as the Broncos dont lose a pick, I'm not concerned.

If McD didnt look at the tape, and did in fact turn the guy down, then he should only be chastised for hiring that clown, not for cheating.

gunns
11-27-2010, 09:57 PM
It is slight. A 6 minute video clip he didnt look at. The only way you blame McDaniels is for hiring the dude in the first place. And a player harming another player can be fined, and suspended for games, which is substantially larger than a 50k fine, especially if that player is not a "star".

Im not thrilled the Broncos are back in the news for bad news, but as far as bad news goes this is mild. If this news was a chili pepper, it would not rate on the scogel (sp) units for hotness.

As I stated it has nothing to do with the video, or the fact the video was done in the first place. It's the fact that McD played the dumb part and didn't address the issue immediately as if "he didn't know" and the Commissioner had to "nudge" him in the direction of doing the right thing the next time. If he had addressed it immediately it would have been publicized and the suspicions he created by his actions for the McD haters to have a field day with wouldn't have happened, here or in the media.

The fact you have corrected me about the fines for a player should show you the NFL viewed it seriously, on the same level.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm glad th nfl took it easy on us in away. I really think its time Denver gets a guy like Marty in here or maybe even Reeves to help Josh out. Before today I don't think Josh would have went along with the idea but now I can't see him arguing much. Pat took a bold risk on him maybe its time he let's go of some power to not only save his job but get our team we all love back to its winning ways.

Eh, there's no telling what lesson he's learned, just have to wait and see.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 10:36 PM
LOL

Let's think about the situation.

Scarnecchia recorded the walkthrough, and after dinner offered it to McDaniels. Let's accept that there is NOTHING that can be done by McDaniels to prevent this.

So going into McDaniels shoes, you have 2 options (honest options):

1. Report Scarnecchia a day before the game.
2. Tell Scarnecchia to throw that **** away and forget about it.

So, if he goes with option 1:

A. McDaniels wins the game, and then gets labeled as a cheater. Scarnecchia CAN say that McDaniels looked at the tape and cause all this ruckus since McDaniels betrayed him. Or, the 49ers can start pointing fingers and this could get ugly.

B. McDaniels loses the game. Same as above, but 49ers probably wouldn't give a damn.

If he goes with option 2:

A. McDaniels wins the game, and Scarnecchia situation either disappears or comes up again. 49ers can start pointing fingers, but Scarnecchia will probably stay honest if he gets caught since McDaniels didn't rat him out.

B. McDaniels loses the game and now we have this.

That's how I see it at least. Think about this again with real life variables. McDaniels is truly in an unfortunate situation that he couldn't have prevented. I think the fact that he lost the game actually helps his credibility here a bit... (looking at the smaller picture, not bigger).

Tough to walk in another man's shoes in a situation like that.

KipCorrington25
11-27-2010, 10:48 PM

Yes, you are, McCheater made a point to hire this loser from New Cheatland and he got what he wanted.

Can we fire this scumbag tommorow?

I can be a fan of a losing franchise but when we cheat in a Patriots model I'm not going to stand for it.

Fire the scum immediatly.

Cito Pelon
11-27-2010, 10:50 PM

Would you have thrown the guy - at the time - under the bus to save your own ass? It's easy to say you would have done so at the time, but it's hard to actually do at the time.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Unreal.

This.

You should go read the cp. They are swearing up and down that this is what "Haley"'was talking about at the end of the game the other week.

footstepsfrom#27
11-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Given the suspicious nature of McDaniel's response to this mess and the questions being raised of his possible involvment, I wonder if this incident will cause some of his stauncher supporters to re-think how they now view his explanation of the Cutler broo-ha-ha as being Cutler's fault.

Who could have ever predicted it would get this crazy this fast for this guy? Bowlen has a lot to think about right now.

cabronco
11-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I want to like McD as the Broncos coach. He's made moves that I didnt like, but still thought he was passionate as a Broncos coach to win. Maybe he & the team can turn this shipwreck of a season into something positive before its over. I wonder what Bowlen's thinking with all this drama that continues to happen with McD and the team. It can't be real positive. It has been drama from day 1 with McDaniels to this day.

Popps
11-27-2010, 11:57 PM
This.

You should go read the cp. They are swearing up and down that this is what "Haley"'was talking about at the end of the game the other week.

Hilarious!

That's awesome. Rednecks can be so cute.

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 03:55 AM
Given the suspicious nature of McDaniel's response to this mess and the questions being raised of his possible involvment, I wonder if this incident will cause some of his stauncher supporters to re-think how they now view his explanation of the Cutler broo-ha-ha as being Cutler's fault.

Who could have ever predicted it would get this crazy this fast for this guy? Bowlen has a lot to think about right now.

OK, I've "re-thought" it, Cutler is still the BITCH!

TailgateNut
11-28-2010, 04:06 AM
That's either pretty good sarcasm or you've just let Bob remove the dumbass hat.LOL

He surpassed Boob a long time ago!

NYBronco
11-28-2010, 04:09 AM
Yes, you are, McCheater made a point to hire this loser from New Cheatland and he got what he wanted.

Can we fire this scumbag tommorow?

I can be a fan of a losing franchise but when we cheat in a Patriots model I'm not going to stand for it.

Fire the scum immediatly.

And yet he was provided with an opportunity to cheat and he turned it down.

The league has made it clear that it believes in giving its personnel second chances.

McD is no scum and firing him would be silly.

Swedish Extrovert
11-28-2010, 08:49 AM
I've been in Barcelona, so I have no idea what's going on.

All I know is that Halloween 2008, I wore khakis, a Pats hoodie, a red handkerchief, a clip board and a video camera. I was Bill Belichick.

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:hcx:item:southparkstudios.nl:4449cbdb-bbce-49e8-b824-26afdc82b9a9" width="480" height="400" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" flashVars="autoPlay=false&dist=www.southpark.nl&orig=" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" allownetworking="all" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>