PDA

View Full Version : He has to win!

HEAV
11-27-2010, 01:49 PM
From here on out. The blowouts,the drama, Etc....

Coach McDaniels has to win games. It's the only thing left that will save his ass. He needs this team to play hard and to compete every play. He needs to win games. That's all I want from the guy! Get the wins!

If not...then it was fun, but it will be time to move on. Losing games is one thing, but the way we lost and then the drama on top of it... I've had enough! Win games or start packing.

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
hard to disagree. he doesnt need to win out, but the team needs to show more life, more KC style games and less SD/OAK games.

theAPAOps5
I have a feeling Josh is gone come January. He is a good coach but he just wasn't ready.

lostknight
Sorry. Winning doesn't make up for ethical lapses.

Killericon
11-27-2010, 01:51 PM
If we finish 7-9 or better, I'll be back on board. Otherwise, I'm off the Josh bandwagon.

Champagne Powder
11-27-2010, 01:59 PM
I have a feeling Josh is gone come January. He is a good coach but he just wasn't ready.

Don't be wishy washy. You're a McDaniels nut hugger. Stand by your man.

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 02:04 PM

and people say that those who like mcdaniels are always the ones starting **** here. this forum would be so much ebtter if the administrator could be objective and stop trolling, but that would be silly. football talk is for losers.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 02:05 PM

No actually I am not, way to be a troll though.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Duh.

:Broncos:

HAT
11-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Curious as to your thoughts on the "hurry up and spike the ball" to avoid replay when you know the call will go against you.

Personally, I love it but it's not very ethical. Who cares?

Nor is it ethical for a CB to willfully interfere with a pass in order to save a touchdown.

Dagmar
11-27-2010, 02:14 PM

So statements from the coach, Ellis, Bowlen, Goodell, the lawyers mean nothing. And people on this site complain about "McDaniels nuthuggers".

Blueflame
11-27-2010, 02:20 PM
and people say that those who like mcdaniels are always the ones starting **** here. this forum would be so much ebtter if the administrator could be objective and stop trolling, but that would be silly. football talk is for losers.

The administrator of this forum has the right to form and express an opinion just like everyone else. This post makes you come off as an ingrate and a whiner.... like a houseguest who complains that the drapes are the wrong color or something.

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 02:22 PM
So statements from the coach, Ellis, Bowlen, Goodell, the lawyers mean nothing. And people on this site complain about "McDaniels nuthuggers".

roger goodell and his NFL investigation crew are wrong, after spending many hours interviewing and discussing all possible scenarios of stuff that could have went wrong, and coming up with the conclusion that he recorded this with no knowledge of the coach, and when asking the coach if he wnated to see it got fired for it. the people on this forum are right, who read an article and immediately figured out the REAL cause.

broncswin
11-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Time for him to go...I backed him strongly until the Raiders loss put me over the edge...this shiat has to be the final straw...will make a great O coordinator for the chiefs next year.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 02:25 PM

*snort*

You mean the 50k out of pocket McDaniels is for failing to obey the rules?

That's just 1/5th of my house. By NFL scale, perhaps not much, but clearly he broke the rules. He paid.

Clearly the whole story is not being told - in particular we don't know who told Ellis.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Curious as to your thoughts on the "hurry up and spike the ball" to avoid replay when you know the call will go against you.

Nor is it ethical for a CB to willfully interfere with a pass in order to save a touchdown.

This is not within the spirit of the game. It wreak of desperation. If this was another team in the AFC west we'd be laughing our asses off. We've gone from an organization that was considered among the best to a joke...

broncswin
roger goodell and his NFL investigation crew are wrong, after spending many hours interviewing and discussing all possible scenarios of stuff that could have went wrong, and coming up with the conclusion that he recorded this with no knowledge of the coach, and when asking the coach if he wnated to see it got fired for it. the people on this forum are right, who read an article and immediately figured out the REAL cause.

Not real sure how much of this was his fault, but this is his team and we have had a lot of bad publicity come out of his almost two years here.

Dagmar
The administrator of this forum has the right to form and express an opinion just like everyone else. This post makes you come off as an ingrate and a whiner.... like a houseguest who complains that the drapes are the wrong color or something.

The orange has to go. Navy Blue all the way! ;)

BroncsRule
11-27-2010, 02:41 PM
The drapes are bright orange.

Perfect!

broncswin
11-27-2010, 02:54 PM
The drapes are bright orange.

Perfect!

personally I like the no drapes look, they hide too much:approve:

Popps
11-27-2010, 02:59 PM
I agree. No matter how much direct involvement you think he had with this situation... he turned up the heat on himself even more by not reporting this earlier, and by even hiring this guy.

If the team fizzles in the remaining games... Bowlen is going to be in a very tough spot.

I'm ready to move on, but this is (to me) potentially the biggest strike against the guy.
I don't mind the trades... I can live with the drafts... and 11-15 over 2 seasons is about what I expected during a rebuild. But, this starts to blur the line with regards to what we all should want as far as the type of people we're rooting for.

We can bicker all we want... but this situation will play itself out, naturally. If he turns this thing around and has success, he'll be staying. If not, we'll all have a different coach to root for in a year or so. (Or, not root for... for some around here.)

Gutless Drunk
11-27-2010, 03:06 PM

Guess I missed the time someone got fined a $100,000 for spiking the ball or interfering.

Talk about a false equivalence.

Hogan11
11-27-2010, 03:10 PM

I still think Bowlen won't pay three head coaches, no matter what.

So, my money is down on McD finishing out his contract, but nothing short of a Super Bowl win will save his job after it's up.

2KBack
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Or to put cooking spray on the jerseys of offensive lineman...

or to circumvent the salary cap...

Gort
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM
has anyone posted the "sh*t just got serious" photo yet? 'cause if they haven't, they should. or the Scooby Doo "ruh roh" photo. that would work too.

Dagmar
11-27-2010, 03:14 PM
has anyone posted the "sh*t just got serious" photo yet? 'cause if they haven't, they should. or the Scooby Doo "ruh roh" photo. that would work too.

http://i55.tinypic.com/3505p3k.jpg

HAT
11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Guess I missed the time someone got fined a $100,000 for spiking the ball or interfering.

Talk about a false equivalence.

Never said they were equivalent infractions. Just that there are dozens of examples in all major sports that are 'unethical'....And many of those are expected and applauded.

Go Broncos...Slaughter the Rams.

HAT
11-27-2010, 03:28 PM

Haha...Best.one.ever

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 03:59 PM

To be fair, McApaOps has always been critical of the Broncos when they were making mistakes, no matter the coach. He is an objective fan, whether or not you agree with his opinion, imo

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 04:36 PM
To be fair, McApaOps has always been critical of the Broncos when they were making mistakes, no matter the coach. He is an objective fan, whether or not you agree with his opinion, imo

Appreciate the support and we ended up having a good discussion about things in PM's. He didn't mean it to sound like he did. Its all good. I tried to support McD as best I could but that ship sailed. I really think that a change will have to occur. There will always be a trust issue with Josh.

Sucks but I bet in his second chance he will be a great coach, we just had to be the team he made the mistakes with.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Appreciate the support and we ended up having a good discussion about things in PM's. He didn't mean it to sound like he did. Its all good. I tried to support McD as best I could but that ship sailed. I really think that a change will have to occur. There will always be a trust issue with Josh.

Sucks but I bet in his second chance he will be a great coach, we just had to be the team he made the mistakes with.

I can appreciate the fact that Bowlen wasn't afraid to take a bold risk by hiring him in the first place- it's a shame what has happened really

Popps
11-27-2010, 04:53 PM

Agree with most of this, but if he doesn't win ore make big progress the rest of this and next year, he may never get another NFL head coaching job. It's just been too polarized. Most of which I think was nonsense, but this is legit... no matter what the real truth is. At minimum, he's made major errors in judgment in this case.

Dude might just want to win too much. It happens.

Hope he can pull it all together and bring pride back to the fans. As always... winning solves everything. We shall see.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Agree with most of this, but if he doesn't win ore make big progress the rest of this and next year, he may never get another NFL head coaching job. It's just been too polarized. Most of which I think was nonsense, but this is legit... no matter what the real truth is. At minimum, he's made major errors in judgment in this case.

Dude might just want to win too much. It happens.

Hope he can pull it all together and bring pride back to the fans. As always... winning solves everything. We shall see.

You keep acting like he is starting at zero after each debacle.

The boat sank and Josh is a mile below sea level.

Taco John
11-27-2010, 04:59 PM

I'm not trolling. I just want what is best for the team: a real coach.

Taco John
11-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Seriously... It's bad enough that our offense and our defense are in disarray. But now our tape room is a cluster****. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you have to be a troll to support what is going on. Like a Chiefs fan who is in full endorsement of Josh McDaniels and the job that he's doing...

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 05:33 PM
No doubt Taco. I will root for wins bit I doubt I will ever be thankful or appreciative of Josh McDaniels again. Even wins will have a cloud of doubt over them from this point forward. I do agree that it will be difficult for McD to get another HC job the way this thing has been going. But it wouldn't surprise me if he did. There will be another Pete Carroll type that is looking for a young OC to really take over the offense. In hindsight, it is what we should have done. Stud Defensive minded HC to revamp the defense and add pieces here and there to the offense. Not to beat this horse more than necessary, but a defensive minded coach probably drafts Orakpo last year and then a Greene or Brown type in the 2nd round.

Such is life but you can imagine how bad it is in Denver right now. Most people won't even have discussions about the Broncos anymore. I used to be able to talk with people all over the place about what was missing or what player/position needed to be upgraded... Now, people basically say who cares, it's not worth discussing.

BroncoMan4ever
11-27-2010, 05:37 PM

no way.

he may deserve it in the eyes of many, however considering that he had to rebuild a team from nothing, it should be obvious he would need a couple seasons at least. 32 guys from the final Shanahan roster once dumped by McD never played in the NFL again, which means outside of a few guys there was nothing on this team.

and for all the Cutler and Marshall nut swingers, Orton and our receivers have outplayed both of those guys.

also, no way is Bowlen paying 3 different HC at the same time. He is in a situation where he has to let at least 1 more season go by before he can make a final decision on McD.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 05:38 PM
no way.

he may deserve it in the eyes of many, however considering that he had to rebuild a team from nothing, it should be obvious he would need a couple seasons at least. 32 guys from the final Shanahan roster once dumped by McD never played in the NFL again, which means outside of a few guys there was nothing on this team.

and for all the Cutler and Marshall nut swingers, Orton and our receivers have outplayed both of those guys.

I see your point but the fans are Rabid to get this guy out. If they start showing it with the pocket book it's a different story.

gunns
11-27-2010, 05:43 PM

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman
Giving all your love to just one man
You'll have bad times
And he'll have good times
Doin things that you don't understand
But if you love him
You'll forgive him
Even though he's hard to understand
And if you love him
Oh, be proud of him
Cause after all he's just a man

Stand by your man
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
when nights are cold and lonely

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man

BroncoMan4ever
11-27-2010, 05:44 PM
I see your point but the fans are Rabid to get this guy out. If they start showing it with the pocket book it's a different story.

true, but Denver fans are always there for the home team. look no farther than the Rockies. the team has one of the best attendance numbers in baseball, and aside from recent seasons they haven't been very good. Also, many people bring up the hit the owners in the check book argument when it comes to the team retaining good players or bringing in elite talent and the owners sit on the hands and bring in mediocrity and it ends up showing the fans as all talk.

also, considering the Tebow factor alone, McD has 1 more season before the fans truly give serious thought to skipping games.

BroncoMatt
11-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I've supported Josh but at what point is the circus enough? The op was right, he needs to finish this season strong otherwise it may be best to cut our losses.

jhns
11-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Now he has to win? Hmmm....

frerottenextelway
11-27-2010, 06:00 PM
no way.

also, no way is Bowlen paying 3 different HC at the same time. He is in a situation where he has to let at least 1 more season go by before he can make a final decision on McD.

Even if you didn't like them, you could almost rebuild an entire team just from the trade value that Cutler, Marshall and all had. That's all gone now. We are what we are now without a safety net and it's probably going to be a long and difficult path to get back to being a competitive team.

People can say most of the trades were good trades, but somehow we are a really bad football team with glaring holes all over and no sign that this sh_t is about to get fixed.

I'm not positive what the answer is, but I think the answer is something that nobody is going to want to admit: with or without McDaniels we're going to have to be an awful team for more than just this year before we get enough pieces together to be competitive.

yerner
11-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Even if you didn't like them, you could almost rebuild an entire team just from the trade value that Cutler, Marshall and all had. That's all gone now. We are what we are now without a safety net and it's probably going to be a long and difficult path to get back to being a competitive team.

People can say most of the trades were good trades, but somehow we arenope a really bad football team with glaring holes all over and no sign that this sh_t is about to get fixed.

I'm not positive what the answer is, but I think the answer is something that nobody is going to want to admit: with or without McDaniels we're going to have to be an awful team for more than just this year before we get enough pieces together to be competitive.

Andrew Luck.

BroncoMan4ever
11-27-2010, 06:23 PM

People can say most of the trades were good trades, but somehow we are a really bad football team with glaring holes all over and no sign that this sh_t is about to get fixed.

is this team truly as bad as they have looked at times....no, are they as good as they looked against KC....no. they are right in the middle of that.

what would this team have looked like, had the OL not been patch work and injured most of the season so far, what would the running game have been like with Moreno having not been hurt in camp and preseason running behind a healthy line, what would the defense have looked like had, Doom and Ayers not gotten hurt, how much better would Ayers have looked had he had Doom opposite of him, what would the secondary have looked like had Goodman not gotten injured and Cox could have matured as a Nickle corner instead of being thrust into the starting lineup?

i truly believe, had Clady, Harris, Kuper, Moreno, Larsen, Doom, Ayers, Goodman not been battling injuries all year or been out all year that this team would be closer to 7-3 than the 3-7 they currently are.

those are just starters that have battled injuries, add in the ST guys and backups who are injured or gone for the season.

i know injuries are not supposed to be blamed for poor showings in the NFL, but injuries have truly decimated this team this year.

ColoradoDarin
11-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Seriously... It's bad enough that our offense and our defense are in disarray. But now our tape room is a cluster****. If I didn't know better, I'd say that you have to be a troll to support what is going on. Like a Chiefs fan who is in full endorsement of Josh McDaniels and the job that he's doing...

So I can gather that you haven't seen the NFL's response to Pat Bowlen prior to this post?

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 06:40 PM

He doesn't win and posters are talking about how winning still fixes everything.

broncswin
11-27-2010, 07:18 PM
I've supported Josh but at what point is the circus enough? The op was right, he needs to finish this season strong otherwise it may be best to cut our losses.

Agree BM...their are alot of us in this boat right now...sucks, but this guy has to prove himself immediately, or else he has to go

Hamrob
11-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Enough already. It's time to move on. Get this bum out of here already. How anyone can defend this punk is beyond me. He bit off way more than his ego can chew.

The disapointing thing about the whole ordeal has to be Tebow. What happens with him? Not alot of HC's in the league will be willing to put their rep on the line for Tim Tebow. Meaning, more than likely that was a wasted pick. That's a damn shame.

Captain 'Dre
11-27-2010, 07:47 PM

I'm under the impression that the organization will give Josh another season after this one to try to get things right...

...but we have to see some improvement over the embarrassing parade of gaffes we've seen for the majority of this season. ugh!~

Captain 'Dre
11-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Andrew Luck.

Not that McDaniels will have a pick high enough to select Andrew Luck...

But selecting Luck a year after selecting Tebow is tantamount to saying "Hey, I admit, I had my head up my butt before, but THIS time I know what I'm doing!"

Taking ANOTHER quarterback at this point would make the club even more directionless.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 08:00 PM

So after we blow up this team. How long do we give the next coach?

SoCalBronco
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Hopefully we can get a couple more wins this year. I'd still like for him to get 2011 so we can see how good we are with Doom and Ayers healthy and the young kids at WR and OL with some experience.

gunns
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
I think we will win tomorrow.

Disclaimer: My heart has been broken several times this year thinking the above.

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Hopefully we can get a couple more wins this year. I'd still like for him to get 2011 so we can see how good we are with Doom and Ayers healthy and the young kids at WR and OL with some experience.

Cosigned.

Taco John
11-27-2010, 10:15 PM
So after we blow up this team. How long do we give the next coach?

Only as long as he deserves.

yerner
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Not that McDaniels will have a pick high enough to select Andrew Luck...

But selecting Luck a year after selecting Tebow is tantamount to saying "Hey, I admit, I had my head up my butt before, but THIS time I know what I'm doing!"

Taking ANOTHER quarterback at this point would make the club even more directionless.

Nope all that wouldn't matter. You would have Andrew Luck. He is a franchise changer.

Killericon
11-27-2010, 10:16 PM

http://www.topatoco.com/graphics/00000001/mspa-pose.png

Taco John
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2505/cornholio.jpg

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:33 PM

This is quietly my favorite post of the day.

ZONA
11-27-2010, 11:23 PM
From here on out. The blowouts,the drama, Etc....

Coach McDaniels has to win games. It's the only thing left that will save his ass. He needs this team to play hard and to compete every play. He needs to win games. That's all I want from the guy! Get the wins!

If not...then it was fun, but it will be time to move on. Losing games is one thing, but the way we lost and then the drama on top of it... I've had enough! Win games or start packing.

He's not going anywhere. It's hard to win games with maybe the most banged up and injured team in the NFL, even in the AFC West. It's frustrating for everybody, the coach, players and fans but you have to go through some tough times rebuilding a team, and then on top of that many of your best players injured. Let's not forget many of the games lost we had players making big time mistakes that cost us the games (for example the PI in the Jets game). You can't just dump everything on the coach. How many years was Bill Cowher at Pitt before he finally won a Superbowl? 9 seasons I think. How many fans were calling for his head all the time, and then he wins it all and he's the greatest coach ever and everybody wants him. It's enough to make one laugh. Hilarious!

Popps
11-27-2010, 11:54 PM
This is quietly my favorite post of the day.

Because it's logical.

The rest is just noise.

Ratboy
11-28-2010, 12:06 AM

He's going to have a hard time getting another shot like he did here. He had full control and the ability to go out and get whoever he wanted.

He failed miserably in Denver, he had the team set, we just needed a few changes and we would have been golden.

Instead, this guy comes in and ****s the entire team up.

I don't even believe we improved in any aspects of the game.

Taco John
11-28-2010, 12:18 AM

We're deeper at WR than we've been in at least a decade - maybe more.

Ratboy
11-28-2010, 12:23 AM
We're deeper at WR than we've been in at least a decade - maybe more.

Deeper, really?

It certainly doesn't seem so.

How are we deep?

Taco John
11-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Deeper, really?

How are we deep?

If you can't figure this one just by looking at the roster, there's nothing that I can say that is going to change your mind about it, and trying would be a waste of both of our time.

SPORTSWRITER
11-28-2010, 01:15 AM
This is not within the spirit of the game. It wreak of desperation. If this was another team in the AFC west we'd be laughing our asses off. We've gone from an organization that was considered among the best to a joke...

Yeah, and to add "INJURY to INSULT," we stll lost the friggin' game!

BlaK-Argentina
11-28-2010, 02:55 AM
I still support McD but it's reaaaaally hard right now.

No more mistakes, no more blowout losses or I want a new coach.

The only reason I still support him is because I know how much he wants to win. I had such high hopes for him after the 6-0 start last year... damnit.

tsiguy96
11-28-2010, 03:48 AM
He's going to have a hard time getting another shot like he did here. He had full control and the ability to go out and get whoever he wanted.

He failed miserably in Denver, he had the team set, we just needed a few changes and we would have been golden.

Instead, this guy comes in and ****s the entire team up.

people still believe he "just needed to fix the defense"? damn thought that was over years ago

Archer81
11-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Deeper, really?

How are we deep?

You clearly are a re-tard.

:Broncos:

HEAV
12-07-2010, 12:24 AM
He's not going anywhere. It's hard to win games with maybe the most banged up and injured team in the NFL, even in the AFC West. It's frustrating for everybody, the coach, players and fans but you have to go through some tough times rebuilding a team, and then on top of that many of your best players injured. Let's not forget many of the games lost we had players making big time mistakes that cost us the games (for example the PI in the Jets game). You can't just dump everything on the coach. How many years was Bill Cowher at Pitt before he finally won a Superbowl? 9 seasons I think. How many fans were calling for his head all the time, and then he wins it all and he's the greatest coach ever and everybody wants him. It's enough to make one laugh. Hilarious!

Like I stated...he had to win. He had nothing else to stand on, he needed wins and solid performance from the team and himself... Sadly the guy failed.