PDA

View Full Version : Your Reaction

Killericon
11-27-2010, 01:08 PM
So, how does this nonsense make you feel, in regards to support for McDaniels?

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm shocked that people still defend him.

colonelbeef
He has hit rock bottom. This has the be the end of the silliness.

He has 1.4 seasons to put it all together and rise from the ashes of what has been the single worst experience in pro sports fandom I personally have experienced.

Popps
Doesn't help. It's a muddled story, naturally. People are just going to interpret the way they need to.

He always struck me as a guy who would do anything to win. Does that include bending rules? I have no idea. But, I rooted for Shanahan for years, and he was well-known to be living on the edge.

To me, it's still about what he puts on the field the rest of this year and next year. Show us the wins and the progress, or we move on.

This stuff is just sort of more background noise, to me.

Quoydogs
11-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I loved this quote.

" I thought I did the right thing by not telling anyone. "

But then weeks later he tells someone? He was going to get busted, he new it and this was the best way out of it.

I sorry but I have lost all respect of this man. He is killing this organization with bad picks, bad trades and now this.

Bowlen needs to get him out of Denver. The last thing I want to see is our Broncos being looked at the same as the Lying cheating bastards in New England.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm very concerned by what I see on the field but think any coach should get three years. If we finish with less than 6 wins I might jump ship. Today's events have changed nothing for me.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Switching Coaches every 2 years will only make us get worse. We need some consistency. If Bowlen does fire McD we need someone similar.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 01:15 PM
If he is unable to magically put it all together, I'll say it again-

Get Gruden to be HC, then give him Kubiak as OC. Perfect situation for both.

Taco John
11-27-2010, 01:16 PM
For the record, I have no problem with a coach that lives on the edge of the rules and even pushes the envelope a little. But this isn't that. This is blatant cheating after the league has already cracked down on a team for this very thing - the team that Josh used to be on. And worse, it's cheating against a 1-6 team. That's just flat embarassing. It would be one thing if this were the Colts, and we were looking for an edge against one of the best program of modern times. But we're turning ourselves in for cheating against the freaking Niners... :pity:

How far does our beloved Broncos have to fall?

Quoydogs
11-27-2010, 01:20 PM
For the record, I have no problem with a coach that lives on the edge of the rules and even pushes the envelope a little. But this isn't that. This is blatant cheating after the league has already cracked down on a team for this very thing - the team that Josh used to be on. And worse, it's cheating against a 1-6 team. That's just flat embarassing. It would be one thing if this were the Colts, and we were looking for an edge against one of the best program of modern times. But we're turning ourselves in for cheating against the freaking Niners... :pity:

This

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 01:24 PM

So Cheating the Salary Cap good.

Taping a Walk Through Bad. Got it.

Turning yourself in??
Not Watching your own Cheating??

NYBronco
11-27-2010, 01:30 PM
The current situation is unfortunate for McD but again it appears he has to take the hits for personnel that seem to go outside the boundaries of established league rules. I support him and hope to see him fulfill his contract and hopefully beyond.

TDmvp
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM

Turning yourself in??

Least when Shanny "cheated" we won Super Bowls ...

Not with Fing Douche Mcfail tho , moron can't even cheat right.

Clockwork Orange
11-27-2010, 01:33 PM
I have neither enough faces, nor palms to accurately express my reaction to this entire situation.

TDmvp
11-27-2010, 01:39 PM
I have neither enough faces, nor palms to accurately express my reaction to this entire situation.

http://www.deviantart.com/download/75342247/facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.gif
http://imaletyoufinish.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/obama-face-palm.jpg

Northman
11-27-2010, 01:39 PM
What little hope i may have had for him went out the window now.

fontaine
11-27-2010, 01:45 PM
So this is what we're left with?

Getting rid of guys like Nolan, letting long time highly respected assistants like Turner/Dennison walk without trying to retain them and replacing those guys with idiot assistants and known scumbag cheaters?

Let me know when Josh grows up.

rbackfactory80
11-27-2010, 02:21 PM
Too much failure in his decision making. I think this is it for me. Not only that but its a selfish move. This move smells of trying to save his ass more than helping the team win. He knows every win gives him another chance at a 3rd year. NFL coaches are realist, they know when they aren't coaching a contender. He had no reason to shoot video of the 9ers being that 1. We suck, and 2 they suck. That is unless its just common practice which it seems like it might be.

TotallyScrewed
11-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Doesn't help. It's a muddled story, naturally. People are just going to interpret the way they need to.

He always struck me as a guy who would do anything to win. Does that include bending rules? I have no idea. But, I rooted for Shanahan for years, and he was well-known to be living on the edge.

To me, it's still about what he puts on the field the rest of this year and next year. Show us the wins and the progress, or we move on.

This stuff is just sort of more background noise, to me.

I just love how the Josh lovers pick on ex-Broncos when it suits them and a moment later complain up a storm when the Josh haters defend ex-Broncos.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 03:20 PM

agree. This is ridiculous...

strafen
11-27-2010, 03:54 PM

How far does our beloved Broncos have to fall?This!
Unbelievable! Ha!

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 04:24 PM
I just love how the Josh lovers pick on ex-Broncos when it suits them and a moment later complain up a storm when the Josh haters defend ex-Broncos.

I totally agree

gyldenlove
11-27-2010, 04:34 PM
There are 2 types of ****ups in the world, ****ups that are not your fault and ****ups that are your fault. This one is definitely on Mcdaniels, this is the type of the thing if he was winning a lot, and the spy scandal in New England hadn't happened it would be excusable, but given that we are not looking too good on the field and that only a few short years ago his former team got nailed doing this ****, it is frankly inexcusable, it shows an extreme lack of judgement and also a lack of ability to manage the job he has.

I am not going to go as far as saying he has to be fired over this, but I will say that this puts him on thin ice. The team can not tolerate having a head coach who is very big on character and has traded away talented players for reasons of character who does not practice what he preaches. Mcdaniels need to keep his nose clean, very clean, and he needs to show that he can handle the job - both in terms of being responsible and in terms of being competent.

OrangeCrush2724
11-27-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm not a McD fan, however I do root for him to succeed because that means my Broncos are succeeding. I do say, that regardless of your feelings on Mcdaniels, it is unfair to give him less than 3 complete off seasons to see what he can make out of it. I am willing to wait until end of next season to see if the progress is enough to keep him here. Having a new coach who brings "his coaches" and bringing "his guys" will only further the winning traditions we are so used to.

Popps
11-27-2010, 04:38 PM

Sorry, how does... "I rooted for him" translate into picking on him?

Maybe, read better?

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 05:19 PM
Sorry, how does... "I rooted for him" translate into picking on him?

Maybe, read better?

You continuously try to draw comparisons between a HOF coach in Mike Shanahan and Josh McDaniels, with the clear intention of trying to drag Shanahan down to McDaniels' level while at the same time attempting to rationalize McDaniels' many mistakes.

It's insulting both to the legacy of Shanahan and truly objective fans of the team.

Kaylore
11-27-2010, 05:27 PM
Frankly I'm more mad we lost to the Chargers and the Raiders.

Caveat Lector
11-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this is an enormous storm in a teacup? As far as I can see McDaniels has done very little wrong here. An employee has acted improperly - and crucially, independently - of the coaching staff. I can not understand why McDaniels is getting crucified for this...

Taco John
11-27-2010, 05:34 PM

Turning yourself in??

We didn't cheat the salary cap. I fully support and endorse what Pat did there in order to fund the stadium. His money was tied up in the stadium deal, and he merely made agreements with players to defer salary for a year and give them and IOU until the stadium deal was done. All the money counted against the cap all the same as it would if he had the cash flow to pay it. He merely deferred payment until the deal was done and his cashflow was liquid again.

I understand why the NFL would want to discourage and make illegal this practice. It could lead to league-wide insolvency if teams started to make this a regular practice. For accounting purposes, it should be illegal. When the Broncos didn't, it wasn't explicitly so. It was considered an accounting loophole, and once the Broncos did it, they closed that loophole.

Taco John
11-27-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm not a McD fan, however I do root for him to succeed because that means my Broncos are succeeding. I do say, that regardless of your feelings on Mcdaniels, it is unfair to give him less than 3 complete off seasons to see what he can make out of it. I am willing to wait until end of next season to see if the progress is enough to keep him here. Having a new coach who brings "his coaches" and bringing "his guys" will only further the winning traditions we are so used to.

Currently next season is headed for a lock-out. There is no collective bargaining agreement, and there doesn't appear to be any momentum heading towards one. So what is the point of giving Josh next season? So we can evaluate his work with the scrubs? His program is likely going to get an interruption with a lockout season, which will just become another excuse the following year.

What's the point of giving Josh another season? Is he so irreplaceable that we can't find another guy to come in and run a better program?

I just don't understand this undying loyalty to a guy who has turned this franchise into this. I mean forget about this whole "spygate" thing spreading to our franchise. Look at the results of our games with our division rivals. I don't understand how his record there alone doesn't have people slapping their forheads and gritting their teeth.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this is an enormous storm in a teacup? As far as I can see McDaniels has done very little wrong here. An employee has acted improperly - and crucially, independently - of the coaching staff. I can not understand why McDaniels is getting crucified for this...

Its a justification for some. Another example of why McD should go. He can't control his staff, players, ect. Its just goofy shenanigans. NFL investigated it, found out what Bowlen and McDaniels were saying was true, end of dilemma.

:Broncos:

Pick Six
11-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Its a justification for some. Another example of why McD should go. He can't control his staff, players, ect. Its just goofy shenanigans. NFL investigated it, found out what Bowlen and McDaniels were saying was true, end of dilemma.

:Broncos:

Good point. Either he's a control freak and orchestrated the whole thing, or he can't control his staff, players, etc. Either way, it doesn't look good for him...

Mr.Meanie
11-27-2010, 05:45 PM

It's a vehicle for people who were already frustrated with the season to vent their frustrations on a moral platform. If we were instead 7-3 on top of the division, no one here would care.

gunns
11-27-2010, 06:08 PM

Turning yourself in??

1. So if Mikey did it it's ok. Gotcha. Tell Josh's mom Mikey did it too. But also tell Josh's mom that messing with the salary of a couple of players isn't the same as taping another team. Unbelievable.

2. Yes it is.

3. No he didn't, and how do you know.

I'm most disappointed in the negative press the Broncos have gotten since McD came here. It just keeps happening. It isn't a matter of whether I agree or disagree with what the Broncos are in the news for, it generally is negative in the public. I bet Bowlen is VERY mad about this and it aint Scarnecchia he's pissed at.

OrangenBlueOhio
11-27-2010, 06:17 PM
As bad as things are I we might as well keep him for the lockout season so he can hang around with guys of his talent. Do we want a Bill Cowher, or Bob Stoops, starting off in a lockout year.

Which by the way I am hoping there will be a lockout. Given how bad we are there's no point in playing meaningful games anyway. And maybe they can get some salaries under control/lower prices for us. (Yeah I know I'm dreaming, but it's all we got these days)

rbackfactory80
11-27-2010, 06:18 PM
1. So if Mikey did it it's ok. Gotcha. Tell Josh's mom Mikey did it too. But also tell Josh's mom that messing with the salary of a couple of players isn't the same as taping another team. Unbelievable.

2. Yes it is.

3. No he didn't, and how do you know.

I'm most disappointed in the negative press the Broncos have gotten since McD came here. It just keeps happening. It isn't a matter of whether I agree or disagree with what the Broncos are in the news for, it generally is negative in the public. I bet Bowlen is VERY mad about this and it aint Scarnecchia he's pissed at.

I am sure the last thing Bowlen wanted to do was come out and apologize for the actions of his employees. Firing the guilty party is a move that had to be made and will settle things down for a little while. At the end of the season I feel this situation probably forces Bowlen's hand to fire McD.

RunSilentRunDeep
11-27-2010, 06:31 PM
We didn't cheat the salary cap. I fully support and endorse what Pat did there in order to fund the stadium. His money was tied up in the stadium deal, and he merely made agreements with players to defer salary for a year and give them and IOU until the stadium deal was done. All the money counted against the cap all the same as it would if he had the cash flow to pay it. He merely deferred payment until the deal was done and his cashflow was liquid again.

I understand why the NFL would want to discourage and make illegal this practice. It could lead to league-wide insolvency if teams started to make this a regular practice. For accounting purposes, it should be illegal. When the Broncos didn't, it wasn't explicitly so. It was considered an accounting loophole, and once the Broncos did it, they closed that loophole.

Are you kidding me? Of course he cheated the salary cap. If the team couldn't honor the scheduled payments to a player, then the player should be cut. It's plain and simple. I like to believe Bowlen could have come up with other alternatives to pay the salaries on time, but the bottom line is the team failed to meet it's commitments under the rules that all teams must abide.

Popps
11-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I just don't understand this undying loyalty

Taco, his first sentence said he wasn't a McDanniels lover. What part of that got you so confused?

I don't understand how his record there alone doesn't have people slapping their forheads and gritting their teeth.

You mean, 11-15? Hovering just under .500. Somewhat like Kubiak, no?

As for the lockout, I don't think most people are accounting for that when they're talking about keeping McD in place for one more season. If there's a lockout, that's a whole other conversation.

jhns
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
My reaction was.... Josh was involved in drama? Wow, who could have seen that coming?

Anyways, this is way down on the list of why I don't like McDaniels being in charge of this team. The performance of the team, horrible personnel decisions, and lack of ability to work with others are all way above this.

ColoradoDarin
11-27-2010, 07:14 PM
Having now read excerpts from the NFL's response to Pat Bowlen (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/11/27/1839495/excerpts-from-the-nfls-response-to-pat-bowlen), I now conclude this is over and done. I also conclude that this matter will, for the most part, basically be used by those who already hate McDaniels, to hate McDaniels and that no amount of reason is good enough for them. The only mistake McDaniels seems to have made is not reporting this immediately to Ellis/Bowlen, and that cost him $50k.

From a penalty standpoint, the NFL believes that this is better than borrowing from your players in order to finance a stadium (100K fines vs over 1.9 million and no lost picks vs a couple of 3rd rounders), even if that rule wasn't written prior.

Blart
11-27-2010, 08:39 PM
I never thought he was cute and this doesn't change my opinion one iota.

bronco militia
11-27-2010, 08:43 PM
it sounds worse than it is, but damn, it sounds just like the cutler rumors all over again

this will probably not end well.

sigh....this coach has been an epic disaster since the moment he was hired.