PDA

View Full Version : Mike Klis will be on 87.7 The Ticket this morning to talk about the videotaping controversy

montrose
11-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Just booked - www.877theticket.com

Jay3
11-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Does it say what time?

Edited: Der. Just saw it in the title.

Ray Finkle
11-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Just booked - www.877theticket.com

can you recap for those of us that can't listen?

Jay3
11-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Sorry, just saw it in the title.

strafen
11-27-2010, 07:26 AM
This is just getting gooder! Ha!

Jay3
11-27-2010, 07:38 AM
Still happening?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-27-2010, 07:38 AM
This is just getting gooder! Ha!

So are your posts. No, really. Keep sharing.

montrose
11-27-2010, 07:43 AM
We're trying to get him on the line, interview time TBD

crush17
11-27-2010, 07:45 AM
If this sh!t is true, then I am officially done with McD and I want him out of here.

God dammit.

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Klis on now.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 07:49 AM
What's he saying?

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Klis:
Working the story now.

Scarnecchia brought over from the Pats, Klis says unquestionably McD's worst move in his tenure was bringing in someone from the Pats Video department. (says worse than Cutler or anything else)

Not good times for the Broncos or McD.

Cecil emphasized that nothing has been proven...

Mike Klis said the Broncos are going to issue a statement (that won't be good enough in his opinion). Says the will talk about the staff member that video'd that practice will be dealt/has been dealt with.

Pats 16-0 during Spygate... Broncos 3-7.

Pat Bowlen doesn't like to be embarrassed. Is McD gone after this? According to Mike Klis, this could very well be the final straw. Expect the Broncos to support McD but if the NFL investigates and finds the Broncos guilty of filming violations, that support will likely not go as far as saving his job.

Pretty much it. Little side talk and joking about how bad the Broncos are and how not even cheating can save them. The franchise is taking it on the chin right now.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 07:53 AM
Lapse in judgment in hiring a Patriot for video. The team will throw full support behind McD today but if true and McD involved then that coupled with the losses may very well spell the end to McD.

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Klis said it could be the last straw, but he said it's dependent more on the wins then the scandal itself. Belicheck survived it largely because his team was winning. Josh doesn't really have that security. We'll see. If it's true Josh should go. I do think it was daft of him to hire someone from the Pats video department regardless of how good they might be at their job. People will always believe it was cheating regardless of the NFL findings because of the guys association with the Pats. Not sure it would be so high profile an issue if the videographer in question was not a former Pats staffer.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Just ridiculously stupid...

NYBronco
11-27-2010, 08:05 AM
I can't imagine McD taking such a high risk in his NFL coaching opportunity with Denver and future in the league. It seems to also goes against his attempts to bring in players with positive character traits and leadership abilities. I need a little more confirmed information and depth of involvement before passing judgement.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:06 AM
I can't imagine McD taking such a high risk in his NFL coaching opportunity with Denver and future in the league. It seems to also goes against his attempts to bring in players with positive character traits and leadership abilities. I need a little more confirmed information and depth of involvement before passing judgement.

Agree.

I have to say I'd probably flip on McDaniels if this were true... or at least he'd be on extremely thin ice with me, depending on the circumstances.

But, I'm trying to remember the non-scandal that involved SF a few years back. Anyone remember? Didn't we go through something like this on a smaller level with them?

manchambo
11-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I would be very interested to see any knowledgeable commentary about what this might do to McD's contract situation.

Fired for cause would have to sound pretty good to Bowlen right about now. And I would be shocked if cheating doesn't qualify.

NYBronco
11-27-2010, 08:09 AM
Agree.

I have to say I'd probably flip on McDaniels if this were true... or at least he'd be on extremely thin ice with me, depending on the circumstances.

But, I'm trying to remember the non-scandal that involved SF a few years back. Anyone remember? Didn't we go through something like this on a smaller level with them?

Agree, this would be my last straw.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:09 AM
I would be very interested to see any knowledgeable commentary about what this might do to McD's contract situation.

Fired for cause would have to sound pretty good to Bowlen right about now. And I would be shocked if cheating doesn't qualify.

Yea, but you know how that is... they'd have to prove beyond a doubt that McDaniels was involved. He may have made a bad decision (if he even made it) hiring the guy, but they'd have to prove that he demanded the video.

I don't recall Bill B. ever being specifically implicated. It was a team penalty.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Agree, this would be my last straw.

Oddly, it would confirm one thing I always said about the guy... that he'd cut off his own fingers for a win. Always reminded me of Shanahan in that way. Shanny was accused of playing awfully close to the edge of the rules, at times.

But, I don't want to root for a cheater.

We're missing a lot of info here, though.

Again, still hoping someone can refresh me about the last time we had this allegation. I swear it involved SF. But, I just woke up and my brain is tired. :)

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Pretty sure Bill B. was fined as well as the Patriots. Can't remember for sure.

Talk now is several hundred thousand dollar fine and giving up a first round pick... this is assuming that Goodell would actually go harder on the Broncos as this has already happened once.

Text Messages coming in now... Broncos and McD are getting hammered! Court of public opinion doesn't wait on facts and findings, unfortunately.

NYBronco
11-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Oddly, it would confirm one thing I always said about the guy... that he'd cut off his own fingers for a win. Always reminded me of Shanahan in that way. Shanny was accused of playing awfully close to the edge of the rules, at times.

But, I don't want to root for a cheater.

We're missing a lot of info here, though.

Again, still hoping someone can refresh me about the last time we had this allegation. I swear it involved SF. But, I just woke up and my brain is tired. :)

I think you are right but I'm not positive. I blanked it out of my Bronco history when I heard it.

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Though this guy worked for the Pats, he didn't work for them when the Pats were busted for the whole Spygate thing.

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 08:16 AM

Talk now is several hundred thousand dollar fine and giving up a first round pick... this is assuming that Goodell would actually go harder on the Broncos as this has already happened once.

Text Messages coming in now... Broncos and McD are getting hammered! Court of public opinion doesn't wait on facts and findings, unfortunately.

think BB was fined 250k, patriots 500k, as well as a first round pick (because they made playoffs).

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 08:18 AM

Yup. He was personally fined $500K.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338

The next day, Kraft gave him a $500K raise though. Pretty comical exchange really. I'm sure the league didn't like that one finger salute, but there was nothing they could do to keep Kraft from doing it.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Klis:
Working the story now.

Scarnecchia brought over from the Pats, Klis says unquestionably McD's worst move in his tenure was bringing in someone from the Pats Video department. (says worse than Cutler or anything else)

Not good times for the Broncos or McD.

Cecil emphasized that nothing has been proven...

Mike Klis said the Broncos are going to issue a statement (that won't be good enough in his opinion). Says the will talk about the staff member that video'd that practice will be dealt/has been dealt with.

Pats 16-0 during Spygate... Broncos 3-7.

Pat Bowlen doesn't like to be embarrassed. Is McD gone after this? According to Mike Klis, this could very well be the final straw. Expect the Broncos to support McD but if the NFL investigates and finds the Broncos guilty of filming violations, that support will likely not go as far as saving his job.

Pretty much it. Little side talk and joking about how bad the Broncos are and how not even cheating can save them. The franchise is taking it on the chin right now.

"Final Straw", I guess there is more pressure going inside Dove Valley then we know. I wonder if Josh and staff are so concerned about their jobs that they are willing to cheat to keep them.

DenverBrit
11-27-2010, 08:22 AM
If Bowlen were thinking about change, this would be the opportunity.

Does anyone actually videotape anything anymore? ;)

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 08:23 AM
think BB was fined 250k, patriots 500k, as well as a first round pick (because they made playoffs).

That sounds right. But there is talk now that the punishment for the Broncos will be greater b/c it's already happened once and the connection.

Two things though, we need to stop accusing the Pats of being cheaters. Kind of a hypocritical at this point.

We also need to name this... Cecil, Chad and Raj came up with McWembleyGate. I think just McSpyGate will suffice.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 08:29 AM
If Bowlen were thinking about change, this would be the opportunity.

Does anyone actually videotape anything anymore? ;)

i am sure they are being generic and it all HD now. Sport Illustrated stated that UF is actually starting to tape everything in 3D now so they can actually provide more immersion for the players.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 08:32 AM

Aw ****. If I remember correctly, there was a huge bruhaha in Dove Valley after Josh got there, when he scrapped the very expensive video system that Mike Shanahan had just ordered and paid for, and replaced it with the same system New England uses - as well as staff familiar with it. Supposedly the system that he replaced was brand spanking new and many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The above statement indicates quite clearly that the Broncos already have reached a conclusion that the videographer did in fact record the team. At worst it's incompetence, the FO should have known that there was ethics allegations, and been insane about making sure that nothing untoward occurred. At worst there was a desperate coach that knew that the season was riding on the London game. I almost wonder if this is what Todd Haley was talking about when he told McDaniels in the infamous exchange tha t "People are talking **** about you." (according to a KC news station).

It's tempting to say something along the lines of "if we loose a draft pick because of that, Josh should go" but in reality, it's the action that deserves the response, not the punishment. I've posted several threads about not wanting Josh gone this offseason, but depending on the facts of this case, I think it's pretty hard to argue that he is doing his job and his actions are not putting the organization at risk.

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 08:41 AM
That sounds right. But there is talk now that the punishment for the Broncos will be greater b/c it's already happened once and the connection.

Two things though, we need to stop accusing the Pats of being cheaters. Kind of a hypocritical at this point.

We also need to name this... Cecil, Chad and Raj came up with McWembleyGate. I think just McSpyGate will suffice.

we do need a name, but neither of those is very catchy. Hmm, Londongate? Expattygate?n;D

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 08:41 AM

Aw ****. If I remember correctly, there was a huge bruhaha in Dove Valley after Josh got there, when he scrapped the very expensive video system that Mike Shanahan had just ordered and paid for, and replaced it with the same system New England uses - as well as staff familiar with it. Supposedly the system that he replaced was brand spanking new and many hundreds of thousands of dollars.

The above statement indicates quite clearly that the Broncos already have reached a conclusion that the videographer did in fact record the team. At worst it's incompetence, the FO should have known that there was ethics allegations, and been insane about making sure that nothing untoward occurred. At worst there was a desperate coach that knew that the season was riding on the London game. I almost wonder if this is what Todd Haley was talking about when he told McDaniels in the infamous exchange tha t "People are talking **** about you." (according to a KC news station).

It's tempting to say something along the lines of "if we loose a draft pick because of that, Josh should go" but in reality, it's the action that deserves the response, not the punishment. I've posted several threads about not wanting Josh gone this offseason, but depending on the facts of this case, I think it's pretty hard to argue that he is doing his job and his actions are not putting the organization at risk.

there is nothing wrong with josh instituting a videoing system that he is comfortable with and can work best with, regardless of what shanahan did. there IS something wrong if there is any truth to what happened here.

CEH
11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
we do need a name, but neither of those is very catchy. Hmm, Londongate? Expattygate?n;D

I like Benny Hill Gate

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:46 AM
Wonder how long this **** will drag out.

This happened during Pats offseason, right?

Awful to deal with this during regular season.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Wonder how long this **** will drag out.

This happened during Pats offseason, right?

Awful to deal with this during regular season.

The Pats one happened in September.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:50 AM
The Pats one happened in September.

Oh... OK. Not good, either.

Regardless... I hope this **** plays out quickly.

Imagine if it blows over as untrue, but this hangs over the team for weeks.

Do we really need any more obstacles?

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 08:53 AM
I like Benny Hill Gate

I think that's a good one. In fact this whole thing feels like it should have the Benny Hill theme song running along to it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NX07ierlgc0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NX07ierlgc0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

elsid13
11-27-2010, 08:54 AM
there is nothing wrong with josh instituting a videoing system that he is comfortable with and can work best with, regardless of what shanahan did. there IS something wrong if there is any truth to what happened here.

It must be nice to able to scrap a brand new $400K to $500K system and replace it with something cost just about the same amount.

BlaK-Argentina
11-27-2010, 09:02 AM
Agree.

If it's true, I want him gone tomorrow. That would be incredibly stupid and I don't want a guy that dumb coaching my team.

In any case, losing is getting old. I want to see some improvement... cause right now it's hard to get excited about a new season under McD.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 09:06 AM
No matter what, it still reflects very poorly - If nothing happened - then Josh still ****ed up by bringing in NE staff that were under a ethical cloud. If something happened, but Josh didn't know or condone it - he simply wasn't playing attention to if his team was playing by the rules or not. If he was involved, then he is terminated for cause.

Just for once, I really would like some drama that is in the Broncos favor, rather then this ****.

Soul-Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:29 AM
if this is true, even if he denies it, josh has to be involved.

What were they taping the calls for? for pat bowlen in the stands? for miles to know when to cheer? no its so we can exploit the calls. . . . . .which didnt work any way.

Man this sucks, i didnt want him fired but this sort of embarressment cannot go unnoticed. On top of it if we lose a top pick 1st or 2nd its gonna hurt tremendously. just bring in someone who can develop tebow and make us win again

frerottenextelway
11-27-2010, 09:31 AM
This has to hurt his coach of the year chances.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 09:38 AM
This has to hurt his coach of the year chances.

:spit: that was classic!

Los Broncos
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
This season has been a disaster, it can't end fast enough.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 09:43 AM
New Statement from the Broncos. Apparently the "individual recorded the walk-through on his own and then offered to Josh who turned it down". Some of the wording is really weird though. Josh "regretted not reporting it immediately" which is strange, and might point to the next mess.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
New Statement from the Broncos. Apparently the "individual recorded the walk-through on his own and then offered to Josh who turned it down". Some of the wording is really weird though. Josh "regretted not reporting it immediately" which is strange, and might point to the next mess.

What the ****? We now know that they need a scapegoat

cutthemdown
11-27-2010, 09:56 AM
This season has been a disaster, it can't end fast enough.

The only problem is then we have next yr to fear. It could be just as bad or worst.

Los Broncos
11-27-2010, 10:15 AM
The only problem is then we have next yr to fear. It could be just as bad or worst.

Possibly, but I dont see how it can get any worse.

Unless they take picks away, but I would think with all of our players back healthy and with a good draft, our record should be better.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:43 AM

hahah.

Yes, it's so hard to believe that McDaniels would do something stupid, arrogant, and not well thought out

NYBronco
11-27-2010, 10:56 AM
hahah.

Yes, it's so hard to believe that McDaniels would do something stupid, arrogant, and not well thought out

As per normal here the drama theatre was in it's box office heyday. From the information I have been reading with respect to the video tape violation the individual responsible has been released and the Broncos fined collectively $100,000. It seems McD and Bowlen reported the incident to the NFL before the NFL caught wind of it and refused the illegal video to review for their own gain. Stupid, arrogant and not well thought out doesn't seem to apply.

Popps
11-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Bring on the Rams. End of story.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 11:53 AM
Bring on the Rams. End of story.

Really the only answer for this team.

Win a few games, dilute the inanity.

bronco militia
11-27-2010, 05:19 PM
I'd trade one first rounder to see Josh fired......please end the madness, pat