PDA

View Full Version : NFL investigating possible Broncos filming violation

Pages : [1] 2

SoCalBronco
11-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Ok this isn't good...I really hope nothing comes of this.

In an echo of the New England Patriots' "Spygate" scandal, the NFL is investigating whether a Broncos employee videotaped a San Francisco 49ers walk-through at London's Wembley Stadium four weeks ago.

Read more: NFL investigating possible Broncos filming violation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519#ixzz16T7N93FD
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Los Broncos
11-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Yeah I hope nothing comes of it , would we lose draft picks?

That One Guy
11-27-2010, 12:24 AM
If they did it, I hope the NFL nails the organization to the f'ing wall. They knew something like this would not be forgiven after spygate and if a "oh, we didn't understand the rule" costs a 1st rounder, what does a blatant ignoring of that ruling cost?

Hopefully it isn't true but I hate the combination of arrogance and ignorance in any facet.

SouthStndJunkie
11-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I will be pissed if this stunt costs us a first round draft pick (like it did NE).

HAT
11-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Ummmm....This is awesome if true. I hope they skate on some technicality.

People that think this is 'cheating' have never played poker.

When Jeter retires, I wouldn't mind if Denver hired him as some sort of consultant.

BroncoMatt
11-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Lot of good it did

SoCalBronco
11-27-2010, 12:32 AM
I will be pissed if this stunt costs us a first round draft pick (like it did NE).

Yes, I am EXTREMELY worried about that. We can't afford to burn anymore picks.

HAT
11-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Lot of good it did

You don't know that at all.....What if the flee flicker was a direct result of this so called 'cheating' and a random chop block was all that nullified it?

I hope McD (or any coach) is pushing the envelope and trying to get any edge possible.

BroncoBuff
11-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Wait a minute ... I thought we wanted Josh to bring the Patriots style with him ???

TDmvp
11-27-2010, 12:42 AM
You don't know that at all.

Scoreboard ...

I hope McD (or any coach) is pushing the envelope and trying to get any edge possible.

Wtf are you insane ? do you want to lose draft picks ? Do you want to be labeled cheaters and turned into a national punch line like the Pats was after they got caught ?

Maybe instead of trying to "get any edge possible" you do a better at your own job and build a winning team and have a winning game plan and all that other crap will figure itself out.

SoCalBronco
11-27-2010, 12:52 AM
You don't know that at all.....What if the flee flicker was a direct result of this so called 'cheating' and a random chop block was all that nullified it?

I'm all for pushing the envelope to get an edge, but you've gotta weigh benefits and risks. There's the potential that we could get absolutely raped in this whole affair.

HAT
11-27-2010, 01:00 AM
Scoreboard ...

Wtf are you insane ?

Nope

do you want to lose draft picks ?

Nope

Do you want to be labeled cheaters

Don't care

and turned into a national punch line like the Pats was after they got caught ?

Don't care

Maybe instead of trying to "get any edge possible" you do a better at your own job and build a winning team and have a winning game plan and all that other crap will figure itself out.

Well, duh.....But cheating can't hurt.

In bold.....And anyone who disputes that last line is a total hypocrite.

If a DB is going to get beat for a 65 yard TD and he decides to rape the WR on the 5 yard to save a sure TD....That's cheating.

Same thing with breakways in the NBA & NHL.

I want my stud pitcher to scuff the ball, my college team to pay for play, my NFL team to videotape, my Marty McSorley to have an illegal curve on his stick, my Nascar driver to try to get away with an illegal bumper, etc, etc....

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying.....Except for golf. That's a gentleman's sport and golf cheaters are scum of the earth!

HAT
11-27-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm all for pushing the envelope to get an edge, but you've gotta weigh benefits and risks. There's the potential that we could get absolutely raped in this whole affair.

Of course....That's why I said in my OP that I hope Denver skates on this (if true, which we have no idea?)

Ratboy
11-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Lol

Killericon
11-27-2010, 01:13 AM
Well, if this turns out to be true, then I'm done with Josh.

AlienBronco
11-27-2010, 01:19 AM
It's still early, the sh** hit the fan run for cover! Coach McDaniel tenure in Denver is in danger, if any validity to these allegations.

WABronco
11-27-2010, 01:25 AM
In bold.....And anyone who disputes that last line is a total hypocrite.

If a DB is going to get beat for a 65 yard TD and he decides to rape the WR on the 5 yard to save a sure TD....That's cheating.

Same thing with breakways in the NBA & NHL.

I want my stud pitcher to scuff the ball, my college team to pay for play, my NFL team to videitape, my Marty McSorley to have an illegal curve on his stick, my Nascar driver to try to get away with an illegal bumber, etc, etc....

If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying.....Except for golf. That's a gentleman's sport and golf cheaters are scum of the earth!

In this context, after already being busted for this on another team, and taking into consideration the situation here...if this is true McDaniels is a monumental buffoon. You don't need to cheat to build a ****ing half-competent team.

You're either trolling or oblivious, IMHO.

Ratboy
11-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Pat Bowlen, if this is true make a statement. All will be forgiven in Denver if this is true and you make 1 simple statement.

"This organization does not condone in cheating, in any form. This is why I have decided to terminate Josh McDaniels as the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos."

HAT
11-27-2010, 01:34 AM
In this context, after already being busted for this on another team, and taking into consideration the situation here...if this is true McDaniels is a monumental buffoon. You don't need to cheat to build a ****ing half-competent team.

You're either trolling or oblivious, IMHO.

Of course you don't need to cheat.....I'm just saying every team in every sport should try to get away with whatever they can. (Except golf).

I'm not trolling at all.....It's risk/reward.

There's not an offensive lineman in the game that has not purposely held a defender to save his QB from getting destroyed. At the end of the day that's cheating and I'm all for it. (except for golf....golf cheats are assholes!)

Risk....Reward.

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Holy ****, McDaniels hired Scarnecchia, Patriots video guy, to run the Broncos' video operations in 2009? How in the hell do you decide to hire anyone from the Patriots video department? Now the guy is on a personal leave of absence....potentially due to video cheating against SF?

Are you ****ing kidding me? This better be a terrible joke.

UberBroncoMan
11-27-2010, 03:00 AM
April Foo...

fontaine
11-27-2010, 03:41 AM
Well, if this turns out to be true, then I'm done with Josh.

Same here.

BlaK-Argentina
11-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Same here.

Yep. I'd give him one more year if this isn't true, but if it is I'm done with him.

tebowisdabomb
11-27-2010, 05:20 AM
bunch of cheating bitches

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 05:31 AM
Apparently, the football gods don't find it comical enough that the one year the Broncos may actually get a top 5 pick in a long long time, they may not even be able to sign him because of the lockout....they have to go and take it one step further and potentially take that pick away entirely.

Just awesome.

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 05:38 AM
the pats punishment was dependent upon playoffs, they woulda lost 2nd and 3rd round picks if they didnt make it i think. i really, really hope nothing comes of this.

THE719!
11-27-2010, 05:45 AM
it took 2 years to make this mess..... wow..... if McDaniels and company are safe after this then..... i dont know what

McDman
11-27-2010, 05:48 AM
Well I've always tried to support McD but if this is true then we have to be done with him.

Sigh.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-27-2010, 06:10 AM
At least it can't get any worse, right?

montrose
11-27-2010, 06:43 AM
I'd expect to get a "we'll wait for the process to complete itself" type line from the team but should this be confirmed and the Broncos stripped of their 1st round pick, I'd gues you'll see heads roll.

strafen
11-27-2010, 06:46 AM

So we thought! LOL

PS: In before somebody blames Shanahan...

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 06:47 AM
I'd expect to get a "we'll wait for the process to complete itself" type line from the team but should this be confirmed and the Broncos stripped of their 1st round pick, I'd gues you'll see heads roll.

And the 10/15% of fans who still think Josh can come good will be finished with him, no doubt.

McDman
11-27-2010, 06:49 AM
And the 10/15% of fans who still think Josh can come good will be finished with him, no doubt.

I still think he'll be a good coach, more than likely not with us. I blame Pat mostly for this. I'm surprised he gave someone full power after the Shanny thing didn't work out. He's to young to have GM duties.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Jesus, what a travishamockery. If true and McD had knowledge of this put him on immediate leave of absence or just fire him on the spot.

There is cheating and then there is CHEATING. Everyone tries to get an advantage but not on that level.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 06:54 AM
This is inexcusable.

jutang
11-27-2010, 06:56 AM
WTF!? Hiring Scarnecchia is like bringing on Madoff as your CFO.

Rabb
11-27-2010, 06:58 AM
sweet, because we haven't had enough embarrassment for the franchise this year

I know people will say I am overreacting here (Josh lost me as a supporter after the Raiders game) but how anyone can support this guy with **** like this is beyond me

strafen
11-27-2010, 07:01 AM
This is inexcusable.

Hogan11
11-27-2010, 07:04 AM
Pat Bowlen, if this is true make a statement. All will be forgiven in Denver if this is true and you make 1 simple statement.

"This organization does not condone in cheating, in any form. This is why I have decided to terminate Josh McDaniels as the Head Coach of the Denver Broncos."

This , no doubt, would be awesome....but when it comes to Bowlen, I tend to think that the prospect of paying for three head coaches will outweigh any moral high ground that could be gained by McD's firing.

That's just the way of it.

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 07:05 AM

I know people will say I am overreacting here (Josh lost me as a supporter after the Raiders game) but how anyone can support this guy with **** like this is beyond me

let the facts come out. if its true, you cant justify keeping him here any longer, unfortunately.

Rock Chalk
There is a silver lining here.

The rant SoCal is going to go on when we lose our draft pick(s) is going to be epic.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
Well I've always tried to support McD but if this is true then we have to be done with him.

Sigh.

Yep. I'll wait to see what the investigation yields, but if this is true I expect that McDaniels will not be the head coach of the Denver Broncos in 2011.

/shrug

Hogan11
11-27-2010, 07:06 AM
There is a silver lining here.

The rant SoCal is going to go on when we lose our draft pick(s) is going to be epic.

The Draftniks are gonna lose it across the board in a big way

Drek
11-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Holy ****, McDaniels hired Scarnecchia, Patriots video guy, to run the Broncos' video operations in 2009? How in the hell do you decide to hire anyone from the Patriots video department? Now the guy is on a personal leave of absence....potentially due to video cheating against SF?

Are you ****ing kidding me? This better be a terrible joke.

Scarnecchia worked in New England from '01 to '05. The violation they were punished for came in '07. He was never found to have taken part in any illegal taping.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-27-2010, 07:08 AM
This , no doubt, would be awesome....but when it comes to Bowlen, I tend to think that the prospect of paying for three head coaches will outweigh any moral high ground that could be gained by McD's firing.

If we lose a first round pick, that's not moral high ground. That's dollars and cents. And that's something that Pat Bowlen understands fully.

Rock Chalk
11-27-2010, 07:12 AM

He wont pay for 3 head coaches. McDaniels will be here regardless until Shanahan is at least off the payroll.

IF Bowlen fired McD Now, this is where I would be concerned about his mental well being. It is a stupid BUSINESS move to do so.

The idiot fans are still going to sell out the games, still goign to purchase the merchandise, still going to make the team money. You dumbasses talk a big game about boycotting but you all still watch, you all still go to games, and you all still buy merchandise. Bowlen doesnt care if you bitch and moan on the internetz.

Paying for 3 head coaches is downright retarded no matter the situation. You keep the current coach until his contract is done and proceed to fire him after that. (Assuming of course there is 0 progress in that time frame). I dont care if he cheated or not from an owner's perspective, what I care about is the bottom line. (As a human being I do not condone cheating of any sort by anyone at any level for any reason, just to be clear) and it is not good business sense to have to pay 2 different people for no reason whatsoever.

Just my opinion. Josh will finish out his contract and likely be let go assuming there is no progress. If I was the owner, this is most certainly the route I would take.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 07:13 AM
let the facts come out. if its true, you cant justify keeping him here any longer, unfortunately.

There are many people very angry with Josh already, it will be very difficult for him to fix this, probably impossible.

At this stage, I think unless he comes out of this situation COMPLETELY clean before the end of the week AND wins more than half of the remaining games Bowlen will be paying 3 coaches in 2011.

I'd ask the fans to have patience before screaming for blood and allow the facts to come out, but I'm not mental.

strafen
11-27-2010, 07:20 AM
I still think he'll be a good coach, more than likely not with us. I blame Pat mostly for this. I'm surprised he gave someone full power after the Shanny thing didn't work out. He's to young to have GM duties.

How can you blame Pat bowlen you freakin' hick?!
Are you serious?
God forbid McDaniels got any fault at this.
Next thing, some idiot will come over here saying he was trying to get an edge...

Rock Chalk
11-27-2010, 07:21 AM
There are many people very angry with Josh already, it will be very difficult for him to fix this, probably impossible.

At this stage, I think unless he comes out of this situation COMPLETELY clean before the end of the week AND wins more than half of the remaining games Bowlen will be paying 3 coaches in 2011.

I'd ask the fans to have patience before screaming for blood and allow the facts to come out, but I'm not mental.

Why? Now if firing McDaniels made him more money I could see it but it wont. In fact it will COST him more money short term AND long term to fire him now.

Im telling you this from a business standpoint. Not personal. I don't particularly care to be honest. Until this franchise starts making defense a #1 priority it won't matter who is coaching. But business wise I'd keep McD until his contract expired and IF there was no progress by then he'd be gone and I'd start the search over. Just saying.

I know I'd have just enough leeway from the fans that I could withstand this 3 or 4 year slide with McD without losing money on the franchise. New coaching blood would renew the fans interest and turn any slide the organization had financially around. This way I dont have to pay for 3 head coaches when only one is doing the job. Shanahan's salary ensures that McD is given at least one more year IMO.

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Scarnecchia worked in New England from '01 to '05. The violation they were punished for came in '07. He was never found to have taken part in any illegal taping.

Many many allegations from NFL teams against the Patriots were brought forward going back to the 2002 superbowl v the Rams when Scarnecchia was the head of video. The NFL only ruled on the Jets allegations of 2007. All of the other evidence and tapes were burned. One of the reasons senator Specter was so pissed off. I do think that Scarnecchia was one of the Jets employees that came forward on the cheating. Still why the **** do you hire a guy from the Patriots video department.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-27-2010, 07:24 AM
Many many allegations from NFL teams against the Patriots were brought forward going back to the 2002 superbowl v the Rams when Scarnecchia was the head of video. The NFL only ruled on the Jets allegations of 2007. All of the other evidence and tapes were burned. One of the reasons senator Specter was so pissed off. I do think that Scarnecchia was one of the Jets employees that came forward on the cheatig. Still why the **** to you hire a guy from the Patriots video department.

Why? I don't know... maybe he's good at what he does.

How the **** did your retarded ass find a job?

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 07:25 AM
Are you serious?
Next thing, some idiot will come over here saying he was trying to get an edge...

This is just my take, but I suspect the criticism he leveled at Bowlen was about giving McDaniels too much power too soon. This does not mean McDaniels himself has no blame, only that Bowlen should not have given him so much authority as it was also a problem with Shanny (who at least had a proven track record and more years to justify the authority he had, even if in the end he needed to be relieved of it).

Hogan11
11-27-2010, 07:26 AM
He wont pay for 3 head coaches. McDaniels will be here regardless until Shanahan is at least off the payroll.

IF Bowlen fired McD Now, this is where I would be concerned about his mental well being. It is a stupid BUSINESS move to do so.

The idiot fans are still going to sell out the games, still goign to purchase the merchandise, still going to make the team money. You dumbasses talk a big game about boycotting but you all still watch, you all still go to games, and you all still buy merchandise. Bowlen doesnt care if you b**** and moan on the internetz.

Paying for 3 head coaches is downright retarded no matter the situation. You keep the current coach until his contract is done and proceed to fire him after that. (Assuming of course there is 0 progress in that time frame). I dont care if he cheated or not from an owner's perspective, what I care about is the bottom line. (As a human being I do not condone cheating of any sort by anyone at any level for any reason, just to be clear) and it is not good business sense to have to pay 2 different people for no reason whatsoever.

Just my opinion. Josh will finish out his contract and likely be let go assuming there is no progress. If I was the owner, this is most certainly the route I would take.

I agree and if this turns out to be true, nothing short of a Super Bowl victory will save Josh's job once his contract expires.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Are you serious?

Why do you turn to abusing someone? Give it a rest dude, you can be civil and state your opinion.

@Rock Chalk - I agree with you somewhat, but think it depends how this plays over the next few days and how clean/dirty McDaniels emerges. But you make some good points.

WakeUpCall
11-27-2010, 07:29 AM
Dare I say LOL!!!!

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 07:31 AM
Why? I don't know... maybe he's good at what he does.

How the **** did your retarded ass find a job?

Ah your back to defend McDaniels and video cheaters. How cute moose knuckle.

Miss I.
Why do you turn to abusing someone? Give it a rest dude, you can be civil and state your opinion.

@Rock Chalk - I agree with you somewhat, but think it depends how this plays over the next few days and how clean/dirty McDaniels emerges. But you make some good points.

I agree with both these points.

gtown
If this is true, it is sad. Even with a video edge the Broncos still lost to the lowly 49ers and their backup QB.

For all those that have come to accept a terrible season, the only solace is a high draft pick. With that in jeopardy and a pending lockout, it's gonna be miserable around the OM.

driver
11-27-2010, 07:32 AM

Wrong.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-27-2010, 07:36 AM
Ah your back to defend McDaniels and video cheaters. How cute moose knuckle.

how is that defending anyone?

You asked why you'd hire someone from the Pats video department, a person who was not named in the Spygate scandal.

I answered.

You're retarded. Seriously ****ing retarded.

worm
11-27-2010, 07:36 AM
If true, the arrogance by the Broncos considering how big Spygate was, is off the charts.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 07:47 AM
If true Xanders and McDaniels should be fired the day it is verified. If we lose a pick this would be unforgivable...

manchambo
11-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Everything here has to be premised with "if this is true."

But, if this is true, I have to wonder what McDaniels will think of next to **** this team over. Honestly. The team is so terrible it's in line for a top five pick, and what do we do? Figure out a way to possibly lose it. (And, of course, we traded away last year's relatively high pick for a second rounder, then traded away the player we chose with that pick for essentially nothing).

The ruining of this team seems well on its way to being legendary, if not Biblical.

JJJ
11-27-2010, 07:52 AM
5 years ago the Denver Broncos were pretty much universally recognized as one of the most professional well run organizations in sports, without question. Stable, well managed from top to bottom, consistent winners.

Now it really is becoming a joke. You guys have really cocked this thing up over the last few years.

Popps
11-27-2010, 07:54 AM
Good grief. One thing after the other.

Yea, you can put me in the camp that's done with McDaniels if there is definitive proof that he was involved with that.

Conversely, we should probably wait to verify that this isn't total bull****.

Arkie
11-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Many many allegations from NFL teams against the Patriots were brought forward going back to the 2002 superbowl v the Rams when Scarnecchia was the head of video. The NFL only ruled on the Jets allegations of 2007. All of the other evidence and tapes were burned. One of the reasons senator Specter was so pissed off. I do think that Scarnecchia was one of the Jets employees that came forward on the cheating. Still why the **** do you hire a guy from the Patriots video department.

The Jets had several ties with the Patriots in 2007 when they accused them of cheating. Scarnecchia and Mangini were both with the Jets then.

Popps
11-27-2010, 07:56 AM
Didn't we have some other controversy with SF a few years back that turned out to be nothing?

Someone refresh my memory...

manchambo
11-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

If this turns out to be true, it might well be grounds to fire McDaniels for cause and void his contract. If a coach is caught blatantly cheating, and greatly harms the franchise through that cheating, I would have to think a number of clauses would kick in to provide arguments for voiding the contract.

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Everything here has to be premised with "if this is true."

But, if this is true, I have to wonder what McDaniels will think of next to **** this team over. Honestly. The team is so terrible it's in line for a top five pick, and what do we do? Figure out a way to possibly lose it. (And, of course, we traded away last year's relatively high pick for a second rounder, then traded away the player we chose with that pick for essentially nothing).

The ruining of this team seems well on its way to being legendary, if not Biblical.

I agree... but the videographer has already been put on a leave of absence. Sounds like they've already admitted it was true. This sucks. Worse than a losing season, we're looking at losing most likely a 2nd round pick... but possibly 2nd and 3rd round picks as well.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:08 AM
I agree... but the videographer has already been put on a leave of absence.

I'm not sure that means much. He couldn't do his day to day work with the NFL front office poking around. Even if he's squeaky-clean, they'd likely put him on leave while it played out.

Still, this looks horrible.

rbackfactory80
11-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Well I am starting to recognize the 5 sheet plan Belichick gave to McD.

Page 1. Trade away Marshall and ship Cutler to the NFC.
Page 2. Give away first round picks for 5foot 6 project corners.
Page 3. Overpay in draft compensation for Patriot Scrap heap players.
Page 4. Video tape opponents that haven't won a game to make sure you can gain an advantage.
Page 5. Give team extra days off when playing the Raiders at home.

Belichicks 5 keys to success.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 08:12 AM
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

If this turns out to be true, it might well be grounds to fire McDaniels for cause and void his contract. If a coach is caught blatantly cheating, and greatly harms the franchise through that cheating, I would have to think a number of clauses would kick in to provide arguments for voiding the contract.

I would think this is accurate. Firing him, if true, might cause Goodell to rethink the draft pick penalty or at least take it into consideration. If we lose our #1, it would be the absolute worst tenure by any staff in Bronco history. This is unbelievable.

Was listening to Sirius yesterday and a Lion fan called in and basically bitched and moaned that the Pats were taping again. The hosts shot it down as not likely since the D LB is now mic'd up. While this is a little different, the point they made was after the last "tape gate" penalties would be stiffer and a coach would likely be suspended, possibly for a year or more....

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:12 AM
If this is true, it is sad. Even with a video edge the Broncos still lost to the lowly 49ers and their backup QB.

For all those that have come to accept a terrible season, the only solace is a high draft pick. With that in jeopardy and a pending lockout, it's gonna be miserable around the OM.

The Blues and Kings are doing well!

:sunshine:

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM
I agree... but the videographer has already been put on a leave of absence. Sounds like they've already admitted it was true. This sucks. Worse than a losing season, we're looking at losing most likely a 2nd round pick... but possibly 2nd and 3rd round picks as well.

I am going to agree with Popps, the leave of absence is meaningless. If they are doing an investigation and certainly to keep things level the guy can't keep working until this is cleared up. It seems sort of a standard protocol for internal reviews of this nature. Shannon Sharped stepped back during allegations against him and that sorted itself out.

However, someone stated somewhere else that this could be a good thing because we could get rid of Josh easier then and maybe keep his salary. I object to this idea for a couple of reasons. For one, I am not sure this would be a violation of his contract and end with it being voided. And for a 2nd thing, I don't wan this scandal tainting our team. Josh will be gone if he can't improve the team and I would rather it be that way then through this stupidity.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2010, 08:14 AM

Last time it was a 1st. Does Goodell strike you as someone that is going to downgrade the penalty for the second team caught cheating? I agree it sounds like we've already admitted it. If thats true, there is no way it's a 2nd round pick.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 08:17 AM
Last time it was a 1st. Does Goodell strike you as someone that is going to downgrade the penalty for the second team caught cheating? I agree it sounds like we've already admitted it. If thats true, there is no way it's a 2nd round pick.

That was predicated on the Pats making the playoffs. Denver doesn't make the playoffs. But the second violation always gets punished worse. So this could get ugly if this becomes true.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:19 AM
However, someone stated somewhere else that this could be a good thing because we could get rid of Josh easier then and maybe keep his salary. I object to this idea for a couple of reasons. For one, I am not sure this would be a violation of his contract and end with it being voided. And for a 2nd thing, I don't wan this scandal tainting our team. Josh will be gone if he can't improve the team and I would rather it be that way then through this stupidity.

People need to lose that hope in a hurry. In the event that this is true, there will likely be no way to tie McDaniels to it. He may in fact NOT be tied to it, other than making a dumb decision to hire the guy. (Assuming he made it.)

It'll be connected to him... and he'll probably never be a head coach again, if true. But, they won't be able to void his contract and it certainly won't provide us any deflection from the league blast headed our way... IF this is true.

Forget about that idea right away, guys. Hate to bear bad news, but if this is true.. there won't be a silver lining outside of for those who hated the guy already and just want him gone. But, even that... in reality isn't great for the fans. Having to go through another coaching change is going to be rough.

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 08:28 AM
People need to lose that hope in a hurry. In the event that this is true, there will likely be no way to tie McDaniels to it. He may in fact NOT be tied to it, other than making a dumb decision to hire the guy. (Assuming he made it.)

It'll be connected to him... and he'll probably never be a head coach again, if true. But, they won't be able to void his contract and it certainly won't provide us any deflection from the league blast headed our way... IF this is true.

Forget about that idea right away, guys. Hate to bear bad news, but if this is true.. there won't be a silver lining outside of for those who hated the guy already and just want him gone. But, even that... in reality isn't great for the fans. Having to go through another coaching change is going to be rough.

Of ****ing course you would take this view.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 08:30 AM

Be nice, Popps now need to spend time altering the "Plan" and that going to ruining his time making orange wedges for the players......

manchambo
11-27-2010, 08:31 AM

I don't know why you say that. He is the boss. He can and should be held responsible for what happens with his subordinates.

And nothing has to proved absolutely. If they fire him and refuse to pay his contract, he will have to sue to enforce the contract. And then the team will argue in court that he did, or allowed someone to do, things "detrimental to the team," "illegal," or whatever other verbiage is contained in the contract.

If nothing else, it would likely provide great leverage to make him accept a relatively cheap buyout.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Be nice, Popps now need to spend time altering the "Plan" and that going to ruining his time making orange wedges for the players......

Sorry, forgive me if I'm not thrilled for potential ****ty news for our team.

Hambone made a thread you should like. Go join him.

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 08:33 AM

What view is that? He's not supporting McDaniels. He's just stating the idea that there may not be a legal way to tie McDaniels to this thing and void his contract which may be true. None of us actually knows what McDaniels contract says.

And much like the way Nixon was gotten out of office by disgrace followed by resignation, it is not anyone's ideal way to get someone out of their job. The position is tainted by the scandal and I would prefer the Broncos not be tainted by this. At any rate, it's all heresay and gossip at this point until the actual findings are released.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2010, 08:34 AM

Why the **** would a video guy tape a practice and not show it to coaches? That makes absolutely no sense.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't know why you say that. He is the boss. He can and should be held responsible for what happens with his subordinates.

You don't understand. Read this carefully.

I AM NOT SAYING HE WON'T BE PUNISHED WITH THE TEAM, IF THIS IS TRUE.

OF COURSE HE WILL BE PUNISHED AND POSSIBLY FIRED.

(Read that several times... take a break... then read it several more times before reading the rest.)

What I'm saying is, the likelihood of being able to PROVE he "ordered" this... EVEN IF IT HAPPENED... is slim to zero.

In other words, fans getting their hopes up that we'll be saved from this by some sort of technicality are wasting their time.

IF THIS IS TRUE... WE'RE ****ED.

Whether you rooted for this regime or not, we're ALL ****ed.

Get it now?

This isn't television. They won't be able to solely pin this on a guy who wasn't even there when it happened.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Why the **** would a video guy tape a practice and not show it to coaches? That makes absolutely no sense.

He likely wouldn't. Though, he could be showing it to coordinators, etc.

That line referred to the notion that this could all be bull****, as unlikely as that appears.

Read my prior post if you want it cleared up. People are trying to create something that I didn't say.

If this is true, WE (as a team) are ****ed. People hoping for some sort of TV-like courtroom miracle where only McDaniels is punished are wasting their time.

That's why we'd better all hope this is BS on some level.

SureShot
11-27-2010, 08:38 AM
We have hit rock bottom. Taping a winless team? How embarrassing.

NFLBRONCO
11-27-2010, 08:39 AM

esp top 10 pick

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Here's the thing I was remember. This is the best we can hope for... that this all just blows over as BS. Different situations, but we escaped these allegations under Shanahan...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/04/shanahan-denies-spying-allegation/

TheReverend
11-27-2010, 08:45 AM
We have hit rock bottom. Taping a winless team? How embarrassing.

...and then still losing to their 3rd string QB

tsiguy96
11-27-2010, 08:45 AM
like ive said, the patriots first round pick was dependent on them making playoffs. denver is not making the playoffs. might lose our 2nd and more though if this comes out to be legit.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:49 AM
like ive said, the patriots first round pick was dependent on them making playoffs. denver is not making the playoffs. might lose our 2nd and more though if this comes out to be legit.

I know a lot of people might be hoping this is true so they can get a new coach in here. But, I'm telling you... this isn't the way you want that to happen.

McDman
11-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Are you serious?

Hick? Because we have differing opinions you resort to childish name calling? that's a great way to debate. This is why its hard for people on this board to take you and jhns seriously, when you disagree with something you get mad and resort to name calling. Argue and debate like an adult and you won't have people calling you out like they always do.

I was stating that its Bowlen's fault that he gave him full power, he should have never done that, that's something we all agree to. McD's biggest failure has been his GM abilities.

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 08:50 AM
Here's the thing I was remember. This is the best we can hope for... that this all just blows over as BS. Different situations, but we escaped these allegations under Shanahan...

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/04/shanahan-denies-spying-allegation/

Big difference between that story and McSpyGate is the fact that McD was in NE when it was proved the Pats cheated and the new Videographer was a part of the Jets staff when he admitted to knowing that Bill B. did that in the past while he was with the team. Everyone seems to forget that part. He may not have been a part of the Pats team when they were found to be guilty of cheating, but he was one of the guys with inside knowledge b/c they did it in the past!

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Big difference between that story and McSpyGate is the fact that McD was in NE when it was proved the Pats cheated and the new Videographer was a part of the Jets staff when he admitted to knowing that Bill B. did that in the past while he was with the team. Everyone seems to forget that part. He may not have been a part of the Pats team when they were found to be guilty of cheating, but he was one of the guys with inside knowledge b/c they did it in the past!

All we can do is wait and hope. Nice that this **** had to come out the day before a ****ing game.

Broncoman13
Hahaha, McD being compared to Lane Kiffin now! Talk about not someone you wanted to be compared to!

SureShot
...and then still losing to their 3rd string QB

McD finding knew ways to suck. Thats like cheating in checkers and still losing to the 8 year old kid.

McDman
This is just my take, but I suspect the criticism he leveled at Bowlen was about giving McDaniels too much power too soon. This does not mean McDaniels himself has no blame, only that Bowlen should not have given him so much authority as it was also a problem with Shanny (who at least had a proven track record and more years to justify the authority he had, even if in the end he needed to be relieved of it).

That's exactly what I was saying. That's fine that you disagree, you put your argument much more elegantly without showing immaturity.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Hick? Because we have differing opinions you resort to childish name calling? that's a great way to debate.

That's why you should have Strap-on on ignore. He's trash.

As for Bowlen... if this turns out to be true, it's just going to be a mistake overall. I mean, he brought Shanahan in with a similar outline... so he was simply following a formula that worked for him in the past.

We shall see. This thing needs to play out properly.

TheReverend
11-27-2010, 08:54 AM

And like other people have said, this is the 2nd violation of the most unprecedently punished offense in NFL history.

A heavy hand was already used. A heavier one is most likely coming.

Broncoman13
11-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Just got a text message...

Broncos to pass out Orange Bags for fans to hide faces. Team understands how embarrassing this team is but they don't want fans wearing brown bags.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:56 AM
And like other people have said, this is the 2nd violation of the most unprecedently punished offense in NFL history.

A heavy hand was already used. A heavier one is most likely coming.

Afraid I have to agree... if true.

That's why I've been saying that we'd better hope this fizzles. This is going to be very, very bad for Broncos fans if it doesn't.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 08:56 AM
Just got a text message...

Broncos to pass out Orange Bags for fans to hide faces. Team understands how embarrassing this team is but they don't want fans wearing brown bags.

I bet those bags have the Nike swoops on them.

McDman
11-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Hey, at least we can say it never gets boring in Bronco Country.

Popps
11-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Hey, at least we can say it never gets boring in Bronco Country.

There hasn't been a dull moment around here in years. For better or worse. :)

TheReverend
11-27-2010, 09:00 AM
McD finding knew ways to suck. Thats like cheating in checkers and still losing to the 8 year old kid.

Him and Xanders are gonna toss a 20 yr, $3 billion extension to Orton on his way out the door.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 09:01 AM
If it's true, and Josh had no hand directly in it, but didn't stop it, it's his job.
If it's true, and Josh had any part in it, he's terminated for cause.
If it's completely false, it still looks bad on Josh for bringing in any people who had anything to do with New England's video staff.

I don't see a situation where this fizzes.

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 09:05 AM
That's exactly what I was saying. That's fine that you disagree, you put your argument much more elegantly without showing immaturity.

hmm, sometimes. But on the odd occasion, I will post something nonsensical (usually in my attempt to lighten things up...for instance I am posting Monty Python below and on another thread I posted some Benny Hill themed Star wars nonsense). I am not a fan of namecalling though, unless it's aimed at rival fans and/or is clever and meant to be teasing, not the trash talk insanity that occasionally gets unleashed rather than posting a coherent response. Anyway, below is a little bit of silliness, as in the end, while I love my Broncos, there are a few things I always remember: This is just a game, This too shall pass and Always look on the bright side of life. :sunshine:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0 xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0 xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Also, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition. ;D

TheReverend
11-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Tebow is ashamed.

Goobzilla
11-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Exclusive surveillance footage of Steve Scarnecchia before heading over to the Niners walkthrough:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Goobzilla/Homer_and_Apu.png

Popps
11-27-2010, 09:06 AM
Tebow is ashamed.

Funny... I just thought about that. (The irony of bringing in Tebow, if this is all true.)

Let's hope it's not.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Exclusive surveillance footage of Steve Scarnecchia before heading over to the Niners walkthrough:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Goobzilla/Homer_and_Apu.png

I bet it was the orange cowboy hat that gave him away.

McDman
11-27-2010, 09:09 AM
hmm, sometimes. But on the odd occasion, I will post something nonsensical (usually in my attempt to lighten things up...for instance I am posting Monty Python below and on another thread I posted some Benny Hill themed Star wars nonsense). I am not a fan of namecalling though, unless it's aimed at rival fans and/or is clever and meant to be teasing, not the trash talk insanity that occasionally gets unleashed rather than posting a coherent response. Anyway, below is a little bit of silliness, as in the end, while I love my Broncos, there are a few things I always remember: This is just a game, This too shall pass and Always look on the bright side of life. :sunshine:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0 xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WlBiLNN1NhQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0 xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ha!

frerottenextelway
11-27-2010, 09:10 AM
I hope they don't make us forfeit that game.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 09:19 AM
Tebow is ashamed.

He is mentoring Josh as we speak.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
GTFO Josh.

You ****ing idiot.

You're the common demonenator between both Spygate incidents. There's no way you can feign ignorance on this one.

I'd pray that Goddell doesn't up the punishment and strip them of their 1st round pick even with the Broncos missing the playoffs.

Pat needs to fire his ass now, this isn't about standing by your coach, this is about protecting the franchise's prospects for the next decade.

WakeUpCall
11-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Personally, I like how the truth has set me free...

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:30 AM
Pat needs to fire his ass now, this isn't about standing by your coach, this is about protecting the franchise's prospects for the next decade.

The next decade? That's a bit strong, especially considering the state of the NFL as a whole. Nobody will remember stories like this if the lockout happens.

Los Broncos
11-27-2010, 09:30 AM

Its getting harder each week to support McD, if something comes of this sadly I'm done with him too.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2010, 09:35 AM
The next decade? That's a bit strong, especially considering the state of the NFL as a whole. Nobody will remember stories like this if the lockout happens.

Let's see:

Untalented team gets stripped of a Top 10 and possibly Top 5 pick

Said team is already missing a couple mid-round picks

Said team will be on its 3rd coach in 4 seasons

Said team is untalented because of a ****ty job drafting from the middle of this decade, something this will exacerbate.

Saying Spygate II could set this franchise back a decade is not that strong of a statement.

WakeUpCall
11-27-2010, 09:37 AM

ATTABOY!!! Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
well i just seen on NFL.com breaking news. Josh mcdaniels fined 50000 for video taping

Soul-Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:44 AM
wow, yup, no word on a draft pick tho

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2010, 09:44 AM
well i just seen on NFL.com breaking news. Josh mcdaniels fined 50000 for video taping

The employee too. Wonder how much that guy was making, $50k is a huge chunk of change for a staffer.

chawknz
11-27-2010, 09:45 AM
I've been a big McDaniels supporter, but even now I can help but think that he's gotta go.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Hmm. Statements from the Broncos. Apparently Josh just issued a statement apologizing for "not reporting it promptly" and the Broncos insist that the individual offered the video, and then offered it to McDaniels who turned it down.

Soul-Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:46 AM
The employee too. Wonder how much that guy was making, $50k is a huge chunk of change for a staffer.

I think they fined the team not the employee, its lower than what new england was fined, hopefully no draft picks come out of this

lostknight
11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
They fined the team and McDaniels.

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:47 AM
Let's see:

1. Untalented team gets stripped of a Top 10 and possibly Top 5 pick

2. Said team is already missing a couple mid-round picks

3. Said team will be on its 3rd coach in 4 seasons

4. Said team is untalented because of a ****ty job drafting from the middle of this decade, something this will exacerbate.

Saying Spygate II could set this franchise back a decade is not that strong of a statement.

Not to nitpick, but those are two different arguments. Is not firing McD the thing which would set us back as you originally said or is it Spygate II?

Item 1 above would obviously be a setback....if it happens.

2. Has nothing to do with this incident, so you can't use that.

3. So not firing him is a setback according to your original statement. And firing him is also a setback. Can't argue with that logic.

4. Again, you are referencing things that have nothing to do with this event. You can't say #1 twice.

Soul-Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:48 AM
just no draft picks please!!!!!!!!

elsid13
11-27-2010, 09:51 AM
According to BF twitter feed Bowlen is the one that turned the information in and the employee has been fired.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
Not to nitpick, but those are two different arguments. Is not firing McD the thing which would set us back as you originally said or is it Spygate II?

Item 1 above would obviously be a setback....if it happens.

2. Has nothing to do with this incident, so you can't use that.

3. So not firing him is a setback according to your original statement. And firing him is also a setback. Can't argue with that logic.

4. Again, you are referencing things that have nothing to do with this event. You can't say #1 twice.

I never said that not firing Josh was what would set this franchise back a decade. You took one sentence and ran with it and are now attempting to claim that was my point, and not the entire post. This team getting stripped of its high 1st round pick along with: a lack of talent on the team as it is; a lack of picks this year; a 3rd coach in 4 seasons is what could set this team back a decade.

And yes 3 coaches in 4 years is a setback that will happen if Pat fires Josh, but on the flip side, the possible penalties that could have come about from this filming incident (I think) outweighs that one.

FISH
Just saw at NFL.com we were fined:

Broncos, McDaniels fined for videotaping incident
The NFL fined the Broncos and coach Josh McDaniels $50,000 each after a team employee taped a 49ers practice.

http://www.nfl.com/

boltaneer
Wow. Just, wow.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 09:53 AM
http://twitter.com/postbroncos

more information.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-27-2010, 09:55 AM
Hmm. Statements from the Broncos. Apparently Josh just issued a statement apologizing for "not reporting it promptly" and the Broncos insist that the individual offered the video, and then offered it to McDaniels who turned it down.

Don't believe you Josh

Gutless Drunk
11-27-2010, 09:57 AM
"Commissioner also informs Broncos if any other evidence comes to light NFL will re-open probe and could be further sanctions"

"Was among those who met with the league Nov. 16. NFL Security's probe included use of forensic evidence on a laptop and 2 days of interviews"

Jason LaCanfora's Twitter has a lot on this:

http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/48492831.rss

elsid13
11-27-2010, 09:58 AM
I hope they did magnet wipe of all the hard drives..

Goobzilla
11-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Wow. Just, wow.

Other teams are clowning us now and for other reasons than our s***ty on field product. This organization has become a laughingstock and it's happened with McDaniels at the top. I used to be neutral on the whole thing, but now I think he's gotta go. If they don't come out and drill the Rams tomorrow expect the boo birds to be out in full force. At least there will be about 10,000 empty seats so it won't sound quite as bad.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Well take it for what its worth but the team says they self reported and fired the employee and that the coaches never viewed the film and ordered it deleted.

I find it fishy but at least the team is the one who notified the league and not the Niners.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:02 AM
Is there a chance the Broncos did the right thing here? This isn't Spygate 2, no way the NFL issues a much lower fine if it's the same.

I can see the strafen/go_broncos posts
"Josh filmed a practice/cheated"

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 10:02 AM
I never said that not firing Josh was what would set this franchise back a decade. You took one sentence and ran with it and are now attempting to claim that was my point, and not the entire post.

Here's your entire post. It's your sole point.

GTFO Josh.

You ****ing idiot.

You're the common demonenator between both Spygate incidents. There's no way you can feign ignorance on this one.

I'd pray that Goddell doesn't up the punishment and strip them of their 1st round pick even with the Broncos missing the playoffs.

But then you switch gears in your next post to Spygate II. Not the draft history, not this or that. Just Spygate II:

In your third post below, you switch gears again to all these factors, 90% of which have already happened, and use that as your basis for the Broncos being set back a decade.

This team getting stripped of its high 1st round pick along with: a lack of talent on the team as it is; a lack of picks this year; a 3rd coach in 4 seasons is what could set this team back a decade.

And yes 3 coaches in 4 years is a setback that will happen if Pat fires Josh, but on the flip side, the possible penalties that could have come about from this filming incident (I think) outweighs that one.

The fact is Spygate II alone can't possibly set back the franchise for a decade, if the only penalty is some money and one draft pick. And it certainly won't set the franchise back any more than a lockout would.

WakeUpCall
11-27-2010, 10:03 AM
You folks got lucky - unless they find more, and I'm sure there's more. MUCH MORE!!

lostknight
11-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Well take it for what its worth but the team says they self reported and fired the employee and that the coaches never viewed the film and ordered it deleted.

I find it fishy but at least the team is the one who notified the league and not the Niners.

They probably didn't have access to the video equipment, and didn't realize it was on.

The thing that interests me is McDaniels apparently apology for "not reporting it promptly" to the NFL.

Popps
See, this is why you wait for information.

Story sounds a whole lot different, now.

rugbythug

Good News!!

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:05 AM
You folks got lucky - unless they find more, and I'm sure there's more. MUCH MORE!!

Mike Shanahan said that they film opposing coaches the entire game trying to steal signs. I'm sure this stuff goes on, as much as I may disagree with it.

GreeleyGrizzley
11-27-2010, 10:06 AM
All of this "Patriot way" sh*t...except for the winning. I'm getting sick of the punk.

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2010, 10:07 AM
I think it is pretty telling they "fired said employee" Josh i doubt will be fired. Who i am out in full force for his head.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 10:08 AM
Mike Shanahan said that they film opposing coaches the entire game trying to steal signs. I'm sure this stuff goes on, as much as I may disagree with it.

I was under the impression that many teams do it from the stands. The Pats were doing it from the Sideline.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:08 AM
All of this "Patriot way" sh*t...except for the winning. I'm getting sick of the punk.

And the reporting speculation as fact begins.

elsid13
11-27-2010, 10:09 AM

When did he says that? Because that volition of the rules, and Shanahan isn't that dumb. You can tape the field but not the sidelines.

Gutless Drunk
11-27-2010, 10:10 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=192572

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Broncos and head coach Josh McDaniels have both been fined $50,000 for illegally taping an opponent's practice.
The Broncos were under investigation by the NFL for taping a 49ers walk-through in Week 8. Team video director Steve Scarnecchia reportedly took the video and presented it to McDaniels, who declined to view it. Team officials were made aware of the incident following the team's return from London, and self reported it to the NFL. Scarnecchia has been terminated from his position and will face a possible life-time ban from the NFL. We question that Scarnecchia was working without orders from McDaniels, unless taping was something Scarnecchia had been doing all year long. The whole situation is fishy. Nov. 27 - 12:40 pm et
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Good News!!

If we get out of this with a 50K fine, we're smelling like roses.

The fact that the team turned in this info is paramount.

This dude will be banned from the league, I'm sure... and rest assured, he'll sell everyone out later in an "exclusive interview." We'll never know the truth.

FISH
11-27-2010, 10:12 AM
Everyone, of course, is entitled to his/her/it's opinion...and I find this to be despicable.

I don't lay claim to playing team sports all my life nor do I possess the "win at all cost" mentality....I can appreciate those that do....but thats certainly not me. What I am is a passionate Denver Bronco'a fan and a determined winner....but I draw the line at the cost of morality. This just seems .....pathetic really. One more blow to a reeling Bronco's organization to include a large portion of its fan base. Granted, sometimes ignorance is bliss and to those who post/will post that it "happens all the time" and "its part of the game"...well I'm sure your right and I can see that I may be a little naive and even ignorant to those going ons.

Despite my shortcomings in this...its all very disappointing.

GreeleyGrizzley
11-27-2010, 10:14 AM
And the reporting speculation as fact begins.

For the record, I'm reporting only one thing as fact. The fact that we're not winning.

All the other stuff, from mcD's grey hoodie, to his swinging of the keys during practice, to the pickup of guys like Maroney, to this spygate II bullsh*t, all of it wreaks of the "Patriot Way", just my opinion.

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:15 AM
When did he says that? Because that volition of the rules, and Shanahan isn't that dumb. You can tape the field but not the sidelines.

My bad, should have said spying.. not filming..

"Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter."

lostknight
11-27-2010, 10:16 AM
If we get out of this with a 50K fine, we're smelling like roses.

*snort*

Sorry, you can pretend that **** smells like roses all you want, but the bottom line still is that there are two more horrific decisions that have hurt this franchise - the decision to pick up someone the NFL now considers a "repeat offender" for video director, and now the decision not to immediately report the situation to Ownership while in London (which is what McDaniels was fired for).

Two more bad decisions that make it harder and harder to be a fan of this franchise and team.

rugbythug
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=192572

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Broncos and head coach Josh McDaniels have both been fined $50,000 for illegally taping an opponent's practice.
The Broncos were under investigation by the NFL for taping a 49ers walk-through in Week 8. Team video director Steve Scarnecchia reportedly took the video and presented it to McDaniels, who declined to view it. Team officials were made aware of the incident following the team's return from London, and self reported it to the NFL. Scarnecchia has been terminated from his position and will face a possible life-time ban from the NFL. We question that Scarnecchia was working without orders from McDaniels, unless taping was something Scarnecchia had been doing all year long. The whole situation is fishy. Nov. 27 - 12:40 pm et
Source: Jason LaCanfora on Twitter

You don't self report taping you have been doing all year.

Archer81
Well...that was overly dramatic.

:Broncos:

Hercules Rockefeller
Here's your entire post. It's your sole point.

But then you switch gears in your next post to Spygate II. Not the draft history, not this or that. Just Spygate II:

In your third post below, you switch gears again to all these factors, 90% of which have already happened, and use that as your basis for the Broncos being set back a decade.

The fact is Spygate II alone can't possibly set back the franchise for a decade, if the only penalty is some money and one draft pick. And it certainly won't set the franchise back any more than a lockout would.

You're looking at this one incident in a vaccuum and saying that it couldn't possibly set this team back a decade. I'm saying that if you look at where this team is at: lack of picks, ****ty prior drafting, adding this in could. I gave context for my belief when you said the original statement was too strong, and then you turned around and said I started making 2 different arguments.

What setbacks would this franchise suffer from a lockout exactly?

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 10:17 AM
How long was the Thread when Shanny was fined twice for Salary Cap violations?

lostknight
11-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Yep. But still - how the hell is it that some associated with the New England Patriots possibly doesn't know that what he is doing is against the rules?

And by that, I mean both McDaniels and Scarnecchia.

frerottenextelway
My bad, should have said spying.. not filming..

"Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter."

Youre comparing apples and spaceships, imo.

Broncos_OTM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statements-from-Pat-Bowlen-and-Josh-McDaniels/a33a9734-938f-49d2-9099-ac68751e35a4

released statements Saturday morning.
STATEMENT FROM PRESIDENT AND CEO PAT BOWLEN

"I received notice today that the National Football League has completed its investigation of an incident involving our club's violation of the League's Integrity of the Game Policy, specifically a videotaping of a portion of the San Francisco 49ers' 'walkthrough' practice on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Wembley Stadium in London.

"Upon learning of this incident, the Denver Broncos promptly began an investigation into this matter and reported this violation to the League office, which then started its investigation.

"The Denver Broncos fully cooperated with every aspect of the League investigation.

Upon completion, the investigation revealed the following facts:

•The person who videotaped a portion of the "walkthrough" practice did so on his own and was not directed to do so by anyone within the organization, including Head Coach Josh McDaniels.
•Upon learning that the "walkthrough" had been videotaped, the Head Coach informed the person who did the taping that this was not acceptable, that this is not how the Denver Broncos organization conducts business and that he would not view the videotape.
•The videotape was subsequently deleted from the computer where it resided by the employee who performed the taping. No one from the organization viewed the videotape prior to Sunday's game against the 49ers.
•The videotaping of this "walkthrough" practice was a one-time occurrence, erroneously performed by one employee who used extremely poor judgment.
•Head Coach Josh McDaniels was right to inform the employee that he had no interest in viewing the tape and that it was not how he or the Denver Broncos conducts business. However, under League Policy he is obligated to promptly notify the League of this matter and his failure to do so has resulted in discipline imposed by the Commissioner.
"The Denver Broncos and I, as the Owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization.

"This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the League.

"The Denver Broncos and I accept the discipline imposed by the NFL. We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again. We will always strive to uphold the integrity of our organization and the National Football League."

STATEMENT FROM HEAD COACH JOSH McDANIELS

"I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization.

"I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again."

Head Coach Josh McDaniels will meet with the media at approximately 12:45 p.m. MST. It will be streamed live on DenverBroncos.com.

Recent Articles
Statements from Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels Finishing Strong
Posted 19 hours ago Bradford 'Doesn't Resemble a Rookie'
Posted Nov 24, 2010 Helmets Off: Kevin Alexander
Posted Nov 24, 2010 Subscribe More Headlines »

Recent Videos
Subscribe More Videos »

Recent Photos
Subscribe More Photos »

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:19 AM
For the record, I'm reporting only one thing as fact. The fact that we're not winning.

All the other stuff, from mcD's grey hoodie, to his swinging of the keys during practice, to the pickup of guys like Maroney, to this spygate II bullsh*t, all of it wreaks of the "Patriot Way", just my opinion.

Yeah. He picked up players he is familiar with.

He swings keys during practice?? He wears a hooded sweatshirt like he has his whole career?? And now claiming this is spygate two even though we self reported it and got a tiny fine compared to the Pats?

See, whining about his clothes and keys etc make everything else you say look stupid and childish.

Josh can wear a fruit hat and batman costume if we are winning, but we are not and that's what I am worried about. This Patriot way stuff is just silly.

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 10:20 AM
*snort*

Sorry, you can pretend that **** smells like roses all you want, but the bottom line still is that there are two more horrific decisions that have hurt this franchise - the decision to pick up someone the NFL now considers a "repeat offender" for video director, and now the decision not to immediately report the situation to Ownership while in London (which is what McDaniels was fired for).

Two more bad decisions that make it harder and harder to be a fan of this franchise and team.

uh was he fired? I thought it was fined. Please clarify if this was simply a typo.

As for fan of the franchise and team, that's not hard, it's difficult to like their decisions, but loyalty to a team is like faith in God, you either believe or you don't. Questioning is a part of both, but it doesn't make you not a fan or show lack of faith.

Broncos_OTM
11-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Yeah. He picked up players he is familiar with.

He swings keys during practice?? He wears a hooded sweatshirt like he has his whole career?? And now claiming this is spygate two even though we self reported it and got a tiny fine compared to the Pats?

See, whining about his clothes and keys etc make everything else you say look stupid and childish.

Josh can wear a fruit hat and batman costume if we are winning, but we are not and that's what I am worried about. This Patriot way stuff is just silly.

Your such a homer....

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:26 AM

Link?

No he didn't- enough with the lies and bull**** justifications. Stop making lame excuses for this failure of a coach.

Stop defending this trash.

GreeleyGrizzley
11-27-2010, 10:27 AM

That's what I'm getting at - Yeah the little things seem ridiculous and they are, if we're winning. But we're not, so they all hold a bit of weight IMO. McD brings with him this "Patriot Way" mentality - everything from the clothes, to the business tactics...it's all about image.

Right now our team's image is not one of winning.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Your such a homer....

Lol. Homer Jay.

I am very concerned by the product on the field. Not all the other crap. I want us to be winners, and think he should be given the 3 years any head coach should be given. If we don't go above .500 next year he has been given his chance.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:30 AM

i.e. they got caught in 2007. Doesn't mean he wasn't part of a program which had videotaped illegally for years, which is what was alleged.

Gutless Drunk
11-27-2010, 10:32 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/27/nfl-fines-broncos-mcdaniels-50000-each-for-videotaping-infraction/

The NFL has concluded that former Broncos director of video operations Steve Scarnecchia indeed recorded a portion of the 49ers’ walk-through practice conducted at Wembley Stadium in London. But the league also has concluded that coach Josh McDaniels refused to watch the tape.

The end result? Scarnecchia has been fired with cause, the Broncos have been fined $50,000 because they are responsible for the conduct of their employees, and McDaniels has been fined $50,000 for not immediately reporting the infraction.

Because the league has determined that Scarnecchia is a repeat offender of the policy in question (the specific nature of the prior violation is not yet clear, given that he left the Patriots after the 2004 season), the league will conduct a hearing aimed at determining whether he should be barred from further employment with the league or any of its teams.

“The investigation disclosed that on October 30, the day before the Broncos played the 49ers in London, Steve Scarnecchia, Denver’s video director, was present in Wembley Stadium,” Commissioner Roger Goodell wrote in a letter to Broncos owner Pat Bowlen. “He was properly at the stadium, along with players, coaches and other club staff, to prepare for the October 31 game. During this time, the Broncos conducted their final walk-thru. After the Denver players and most of the other team staff left Wembley, Mr. Scarnecchia remained behind to continue setting up his equipment for the next day. At one point he noticed that the 49ers were conducting their walk-thru practice, and he surreptitiously recorded a portion (approximately six minutes in length) of that practice.”

Goodell’s letter carefully points out that the investigation revealed no active culpability on McDaniels’ part. “Our investigators immediately and independently interviewed Coach McDaniels and did so under circumstances that would have made it impossible for him to have spoken to Mr. Scarnecchia in advance. (It is also significant that your staff had not previously discussed the matter with Coach McDaniels; thus, his meeting with NFL Security was the first time that he had been questioned on the matter.) Coach McDaniels recounted essentially the same sequence of events as Mr. Scarnnechia had previously disclosed — namely, that Mr. Scarnecchia had come to him and advised that he had recorded the walk-thru, and that Coach McDaniels told Mr. Scarnecchia that he was not interested in watching the tape and did not do so,” Goodell wrote.

“Based on our investigation, we have found no evidence to suggest that Coach McDaniels or any other member of the coaching staff watched the tape. Nor have we identified any evidence to suggest that any member of the coaching staff or club management directed Mr. Scarnecchia to record the practice. We are aware of no evidence that would indicate the recording of any other opposing team practices or walk-thrus, or the like. And there is no reason to believe that the improper videotaping in London had any competitive effect on the October 31 game between the Broncos and 49ers.”

That last point goes without saying, given that the Broncos lost the game.

Still, we’re somewhat troubled by the reduced consequence. The Broncos and McDaniels knew or should have known they were hiring a guy who had previously cheated, based on the league’s conclusion that Scarnecchia is a multiple offender. Moreover, McDaniels arguably has gotten a pass for failing to immediately alert the team and the league to a case of cheating far worse, in our view, that the videotaping of in-game coaching signals.

“The coach’s failure to do so is inconsistent with the Policy on Integrity of the Game, which imposes an obligation on executives, head coaches and others with knowledge of violations to report them promptly,” Goodell wrote. “Because Coach McDaniels failed to do so, I have decided to impose a fine on him of $50,000. I have also, as you know, personally discussed this matter with Coach McDaniels, and have emphasized his critical role in fostering and maintaining a culture of integrity within the football organization. I believe that he now understands his responsibilities in this respect, and am hopeful that he will live up to those responsibilities in the future.”

We’re not sure that the Costanza-style “was that wrong?” approach should apply here. McDaniels was employed by the Patriots when Spygate occurred. He also was working for the Patriots when allegations of a videotaped walk-through practice hit the fan only days before Super Bowl XLII. McDaniels knows the sensitivity of these matters, and even though he’s only 34 he should have been expected to sound the alarm. Failure to say anything to anyone could be — and arguably should be — proof enough to presume that he wanted to cover it all up.

Of course, the team isn’t bound by the league’s decision. Indeed, with McDaniels presumed to be safe due to the fact that former coach Mike Shanahan is still receiving a buyout, the team could hold McDaniels to a higher standard, and the Broncos possibly could fire him for cause, cutting off any future payments.

McDman
11-27-2010, 10:33 AM
No he didn't. Stop making lame excuses for this failure of a coach.

Stop defending this trash.

Trash? Because he's not winning? My God people, this is a sport, not the real world. It amazes me the unabashed hate for people because they fail at sports.

Josh did nothing like Vick or Rothlesberger, there is no reason to trash the guy on a personal level. When you read this forum you'd think it was full of teenagers but sadly they're all mostly in their 30s or older.

Grow up.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Statements-from-Pat-Bowlen-and-Josh-McDaniels/a33a9734-938f-49d2-9099-ac68751e35a4

released statements Saturday morning.
STATEMENT FROM PRESIDENT AND CEO PAT BOWLEN

"I received notice today that the National Football League has completed its investigation of an incident involving our club's violation of the League's Integrity of the Game Policy, specifically a videotaping of a portion of the San Francisco 49ers' 'walkthrough' practice on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2010, at Wembley Stadium in London.

"Upon learning of this incident, the Denver Broncos promptly began an investigation into this matter and reported this violation to the League office, which then started its investigation.

"The Denver Broncos fully cooperated with every aspect of the League investigation.

Upon completion, the investigation revealed the following facts:

•The person who videotaped a portion of the "walkthrough" practice did so on his own and was not directed to do so by anyone within the organization, including Head Coach Josh McDaniels.
•Upon learning that the "walkthrough" had been videotaped, the Head Coach informed the person who did the taping that this was not acceptable, that this is not how the Denver Broncos organization conducts business and that he would not view the videotape.
•The videotape was subsequently deleted from the computer where it resided by the employee who performed the taping. No one from the organization viewed the videotape prior to Sunday's game against the 49ers.
•The videotaping of this "walkthrough" practice was a one-time occurrence, erroneously performed by one employee who used extremely poor judgment.
•Head Coach Josh McDaniels was right to inform the employee that he had no interest in viewing the tape and that it was not how he or the Denver Broncos conducts business. However, under League Policy he is obligated to promptly notify the League of this matter and his failure to do so has resulted in discipline imposed by the Commissioner.
"The Denver Broncos and I, as the Owner, believe in the integrity of the National Football League and fair competition and do not, in any way, condone this type of behavior. The fact that an employee of the Denver Broncos would take such action is personally disappointing to me. I apologize to all affected by this incident. This employee is no longer with the organization.

"This incident cuts into the trust and respect our fans, our ticket holders, our community and our fellow competitors have for our organization. That is why the Denver Broncos, upon learning of this violation, immediately investigated this matter and reported the incident to the League.

"The Denver Broncos and I accept the discipline imposed by the NFL. We will take all steps to ensure that an incident like this never occurs again. We will always strive to uphold the integrity of our organization and the National Football League."

STATEMENT FROM HEAD COACH JOSH McDANIELS

"I apologize for not promptly reporting the improper conduct of our video director before our game against the 49ers in London. The actions of this individual are in no way representative of the values and integrity held by myself, our players and coaches, and the entire Denver Broncos organization.

"I understand the punishment from the National Football League and support its commitment to the integrity of the game. We have addressed the situation internally to assure that nothing like this happens again."

Head Coach Josh McDaniels will meet with the media at approximately 12:45 p.m. MST. It will be streamed live on DenverBroncos.com.

Recent Articles
Statements from Pat Bowlen and Josh McDaniels Finishing Strong
Posted 19 hours ago Bradford 'Doesn't Resemble a Rookie'
Posted Nov 24, 2010 Helmets Off: Kevin Alexander
Posted Nov 24, 2010 Subscribe More Headlines »

Recent Videos
Subscribe More Videos »

Recent Photos
Subscribe More Photos »

In other words, he taped until he got caught, at which point he was instructed to fall on his sword so as to help the Broncos avoid massive punishment.

If you believe that this employee was illegally taping without McDaniels' permission, you are a completely oblivious fool.

Either McDaniels knew about it and was stupid enough to willfully break the rules after having already experienced the consequences in New England, or he doesn't have control of his team and underlings. Which is it?

Just another embarrassing, shameful, sophomoric mistake by the resident a-hole in charge, Josh McQBcoach. Shocker.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:37 AM
Trash? Because he's not winning? My God people, this is a sport, not the real world. It amazes me the unabashed hate for people because they fail at sports.

Josh did nothing like Vick or Rothlesberger, there is no reason to trash the guy on a personal level. When you read this forum you'd think it was full of teenagers but sadly they're all mostly in their 30s or older.

Grow up.

Stop with the excuses. Stop defending cheating trash.

lostknight
11-27-2010, 10:37 AM
fired should have been fined above. What a fscking mess.

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Youre comparing apples and spaceships, imo.

Wasn't really a comparison so much as trying to remember how the last allegations played out.

Turns out these weren't allegations, but self-reported wrong-doings by the team.

So, in either case... the story ended up not nearly as big as it could have.

oubronco
11-27-2010, 10:39 AM
Shyt just keeps getting better

Goobzilla
Just the allegations on top of poor coaching and abysmal talent evaluation are enough for me. The appearance is that the franchise is adrift with no one at the wheel. Do something else because this isn't the recipe for success.

Clockwork Orange
It was bad enough when we were just getting embarassed on game day. Now this ****.

worm
At some point....right or wrong becomes irrelevant....you just get tired of hearing the drama, excuses and apologies.

Much like getting tired of BMarsh regardless of whether it was him, his brother, a McDonald’s wrapper, his psycho girlfriend; I was tired of hearing the drama, his contrite apologies, his excuses and his spin.

I believe I am just about there with this HC.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:40 AM
Just the allegations on top of poor coaching and abysmal talent evaluation are enough for me. The appearance is that the franchise is adrift with no one at the wheel. Do something else because this isn't the recipe for success.

"I'm so proud of this team"

-Poops

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:42 AM
fired should have been fined above. What a fscking mess.

Not really. Those who hate the coach still hate them and they can add this to the reasons despite the NFL specifically saying there was no wrong doing on the part of Josh McDaniels except not reporting it promptly. There are fans (whose numbers are dwindling of course, because of on the field performance) that are willing to give him the requisite 3 years. This storm in a teacup isn't a big mess to me.

McDman
11-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Stop with the excuses. Stop defending cheating trash.

Great argument.

I'd like to know where I defended him about this? I even said I'd be done with him if he did this. My point was you're attacking him personally for what he's done in football.

Again, grow up.

Homer Simpson
11-27-2010, 10:45 AM
"I'm so proud of this team"

-Poops

Didn't he post that just once, after the Jets game? And those Jets are 9 & 2? You have plenty to be annoyed about on the field, why twist something for your own benefit when it made sense after that game?

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:45 AM

Grow up.

Again, you're dealing with sad, lonely people who you should just put on ignore.

Your experience here will improve immediately. There are plenty of great posters on BOTH sides of these arguments who don't resort to this stuff.

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Great argument.

I'd like to know where I defended him about this? I even said I'd be done with him if he did this. My point was you're attacking him personally for what he's done in football.

Again, grow up.

Well said, I understand not liking him but he is coming across as a petulant child in those posts. Not typically his MO.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Great argument.

Again, grow up.

How is this a personal attack? His regime is garbage, and it's time to take out the trash- period, end of story.

I am sorry that your little sensibilities are so hurt, that you have stupidly decided to tie your emotions to this failure of a coach. You made a mistake, it happens. Now it's time for the mistake to be rectified.

Popps
11-27-2010, 10:49 AM
Didn't he post that just once, after the Jets game? And those Jets are 9 & 2? You have plenty to be annoyed about on the field, why twist something for your own benefit when it made sense after that game?

Actually, it was after the Indy game.

My thread was purely in response to that game, and how our guys played through the adversity of having one of their team members commit suicide.

This has been pointed out to the trolls by probably 30 posters or so, but see... these people don't have real arguments. They have to construct straw-men to fuel their hatred.

Again, ignore is a simple option for these types.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
you know your team is pathetic when they cant even win by cheatin

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 10:51 AM
How is this a personal attack? His regime is garbage, and it's time to take out the trash- period, end of story.

I am sorry that your little sensibilities are so hurt, that you have stupidly decided to tie your emotions to this failure of a coach. You made a mistake, it happens. Now it's time for the mistake to be rectified.

Did you actually read anything he posted? His point about your simplistic trash talk posts was that they didn't propose an argument. Rather your posts spew pointless name calling.

Rather than saying, Josh McDaniels tenure here needs to be reevaluated due to his poor decisions, poor leadership and immaturity (examples provided such as not turning in the tape immediately, poor play calling, an unacceptable level of wins to loss ratio, etc), You state "He's trash." That is a personal attack, not a criticism. There is a difference. All the guy is asking is for an adult discussion, an aiblity to disagree about corrective actions needed rather than a "he's a doody head" level of discussion.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Well said, I understand not liking him but he is coming across as a petulant child in those posts. Not typically his MO.

When is enough enough with this ongoing soap opera?

I am 100% tired of the drama queen McDaniels organization- it's just one mistake after error after failure after misrepresentation after gaffe.

Enough with the rationalizations.

How anyone can defend this in any way, shape, or form is beyond me.

The Pats are a running joke because of spygate- no matter what the accomplish, their achievements under Belichick and Brady are heretofore tarnished forever because of the illegal videotaping.

Now Broncos fans have nothing to say about it. We are just fans of another cheating team.

I can take the losing, the poor personnel maneuvers, the terrible gameday coaching- but this is something I just can't wrap my head around whatsoever. It calls into question the integrity of the sport- and the Denver Broncos should stand for integrity as an organization.

Sickening, disheartening, disappointing- the McDaniels tenure in Denver summed up in 3 unfortunate words.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 10:57 AM
Did you actually read anything he posted? His point about your simplistic trash talk posts was that they didn't propose an argument. Rather your posts spew pointless name calling.

Rather than saying, Josh McDaniels tenure here needs to be reevaluated due to his poor decisions, poor leadership and immaturity (examples provided such as not turning in the tape immediately, poor play calling, an unacceptable level of wins to loss ratio, etc), You state "He's trash." That is a personal attack, not a criticism. There is a difference. All the guy is asking is for an adult discussion, an aiblity to disagree about corrective actions needed rather than a "he's a doody head" level of discussion.

How many times does the same argument need to be made? Call it what it is- Spygate was trash, and so is this. It's no different, and if you think for a second that McDaniels had this taping going on underneath his nose and was unaware, you are simply a fool.

If he wasn't aware, he has no control over the organization or his employees.

Which is it? Either way, pretty damning.

McDman
11-27-2010, 10:58 AM

, my droid doesn't let me give cp but I would if I could. By your name I'm guessing you're a womam, I'd say out of all the boards I've ever been on this one has the most intelligent and football knowledgable women on it.

Btw, I'm trying the ignore feature. If I don't it will eventually get to the point where I leave the board. Its getting ridiculous.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 11:00 AM
, my droid doesn't let me give cp but I would if I could. By your name I'm guessing you're a womam, I'd say out of all the boards I've ever been on this one has the most intelligent and football knowledgable women on it.

Btw, I'm trying the ignore feature. If I don't it will eventually get to the point where I leave the board. Its getting ridiculous.

Interesting- the McDaniels supporters are always the ones using ignore.

I guess lack of comprehension goes hand in hand with an inability to recognize failure

theAPAOps5
11-27-2010, 11:04 AM

I guess lack of comprehension goes hand in hand with an inability to recognize failure

No there are lots of people who don't like McD who are reasonable. You just are acting like a 3 year old this morning. Behind the scenes you are great at debate but right now you are blowing your load like a virgin on prom night.

frerottenextelway
11-27-2010, 11:08 AM
It's a shame this story is interrupting our regularly scheduled Hillis debate.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 11:10 AM
No there are lots of people who don't like McD who are reasonable. You just are acting like a 3 year old this morning. Behind the scenes you are great at debate but right now you are blowing your load like a virgin on prom night.

I am simply making the logical leap and laying this at McDaniels' feet where it belongs.

Do you not agree that he must have been aware on some level? Do you really think that an employee who was hired by McDaniels himself away from the Pats, who was flown to London on the teams' dollar, who is directly under the supervision of the McDaniels coaching staff- do you truly believe that this dude was videotaping without McDaniels knowing about it?

Cmon man.

If you are willing to accept this likelihood- then you must accept that McDaniels willfully allowed the very same thing to occur which cost the Patriots cash and draft picks, and even worse, completely tarnished the organization.

If you can accept this as simply the "Patriot way" of doing things, and therefore can accept it, more power to you.

I can't. It's purely egotistical, shameless, self serving lying.

The very best case scenario is that McDaniels somehow magically did not know, and is therefore incompetent and not in control of his staff and team.

In that case, substitute trash for ignorance.

Either way, truly horrific and offensive for what was once a smart, well run team.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 11:11 AM
It's a shame this story is interrupting our regularly scheduled Hillis debate.

Completely.

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 11:12 AM
How many times does the same argument need to be made? Call it what it is- Spygate was trash, and so is this. It's no different, and if you think for a second that McDaniels had this taping going on underneath his nose and was unaware, you are simply a fool.

If he wasn't aware, he has no control over the organization or his employees.

Which is it? Either way, pretty damning.

Okay, here's an argument I can work with. Depending on what you choose to believe, that this was a one time incident that McDaniels did not participate in, but failed to report, there is a problem with our coach. Because I believe the NFL probably does have greater insight than anyone on this board I will go with the story as published, that he didn't participate, but failed to report.

this is a problem for McDaniels for several reasons:
1. indicates his inexperience at a minimum in handling personnel issues. As someone who was caught up in the NE issue, he should've reported immediately. it indicates a certain problem with both his inability to handle these issues correctly and the likely probability that he is blinded by loyalty to someone he is friends with, just as Shanny was. The correct measures were levied by the NFL for shorterm, but in long term at a minimum personnel decisions need to be removed or limited influence by McDaniels. The GM needs to be more active here. Continued failures will likel lead to McDaniels dismissal.
2. Lack of disclosure also makes me a bit wary about the truth of the stories we are getting out of McDaniels. However, I also know where he comes from and he's likely following Bellichecks leading in playing things close to the vest. In this arena, he needs to improve communication with his GM and owner at a minimum.

Then he has other issues to address not related to this specific issue, but we will see how the rest of the season plays out. I still think it's unlikely he will be let go mid season, but this episode certainly didn't help him

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 11:17 AM
At least it used to be fun arguing about the merits of the Cutler trade, or the decision to scrap the zbs.

Congrats, we are now the New Denver McRaiders.

I can't believe that I actually looked forward to this football season, haha

Miss I.
11-27-2010, 11:17 AM

okay, that first point you have no actual support for, other than a feeling. you can't possibly know its McDaniels supporters for one thing. And just because someone doesn't immediately say McD is trash does not make them a McDaniels supporter. It only indicates a different viewpoint or the ability to look at the argument from a different perspective. I support the Broncos and he 's my coach and I want him to succeed because that means my team succeeds. I question some of what he's done, but I don't hate the man. He's just a guy, a guy standing before his team, wanting them to win a m#%DS game (sorry Baja, I had to do it). ;D

Archer81
11-27-2010, 11:20 AM
okay, that first point you have no actual support for, other than a feeling. you can't possibly know its McDaniels supporters for one thing. And just because someone doesn't immediately say McD is trash does not make them a McDaniels supporter. It only indicates a different viewpoint or the ability to look at the argument from a different perspective. I support the Broncos and he 's my coach and I want him to succeed because that means my team succeeds. I question some of what he's done, but I don't hate the man. He's just a guy, a guy standing before his team, wanting them to win a m#%DS game (sorry Baja, I had to do it). ;D

This.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
At least it used to be fun arguing about the merits of the Cutler trade, or the decision to scrap the zbs.

Congrats, we are now the New Denver McRaiders.

I can't believe that I actually looked forward to this football season, haha

For some reason I thought there was a time when you weren't crazy. However Im not sure when it was. This whole deal is so small it is literally dwarfed in stature by snakes one finger salute. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
11-27-2010, 11:29 AM
So does teflon come standard with being a head coach the Broncos or what?

Archer81
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
So does teflon come standard with being a head coach the Broncos or what?

I believe it does. Or maybe Goodell likes Bowlen more than Tagliabue liked Kraft. Who knows.

Northman
11-27-2010, 11:32 AM
McDaniels needs to go.

gunns
11-27-2010, 11:38 AM
For some reason I thought there was a time when you weren't crazy. However Im not sure when it was. This whole deal is so small it is literally dwarfed in stature by snakes one finger salute. Hilarious!

While I agree with Miss I, I do not believe 50K for the Broncos and 50K for McD is small. While the type of money flung around in the NFL is immense, a $100,000 fine is big. It tags us as the cheating NE Pats. And the really bad part is it didn't do us a damn bit of good. Is McD entering the desperation/panic stage Shanahan did?

Ok, did not know that Bowlen and McD informed the NFL before it was discovered and refused the tape. If that's true I rescind my last few sentences. I have to wonder though with that big of a fine.

zdoor
11-27-2010, 11:43 AM
One embarrassment after another. Ridiculous.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 12:12 PM
I believe it does. Or maybe Goodell likes Bowlen more than Tagliabue liked Kraft. Who knows.

There is truth to this sentiment.

Bowlen is a highly respected owner, and carries a lot of pull in the NFL.

Broncojef
11-27-2010, 12:16 PM
One embarrassment after another. Ridiculous.

When will it end? The football Gods gave us two Championships and it cost us this curse?

Quoydogs
11-27-2010, 12:17 PM
I loved this quote.

" I thought I did the right thing by not telling anyone. "

But then weeks later he tells someone? He was going to get busted, he new it and this was the best way out of it.

I sorry but I have lost all respect of this man. He is killing this organization with bad picks, bad trades and now this.

Bowlen needs to get him out of Denver. The last thing I want to see is our Broncos being looked at the same as the Lying cheating bastards in New England.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 12:29 PM
When will it end? The football Gods gave us two Championships and it cost us this curse?

SF won what, five? Look at them...

football Gods have wicked senses of humor. But things change...imagine what will happen to NE or Indi.

400HZ
11-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Hilarious!

epicSocialism4tw
11-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Well, this does it for McD.

Thats quite a way to flame out.

Broncos4tw
11-27-2010, 01:18 PM
He may have "declined" to watch the video - but the poor choice of hiring the guy in the middle of it to the Broncos, followed by his decision to not let the NFL know... well, it's not a huge surprise honestly. He is a young, egotistic, enthusiastic, inexperienced head coach. We hired this. No idea why.. but we did.

This is what you get when you hire the youngest-ever HC to your team. Well done Bowlen!

Of course.. you have to wonder how much truth there is to the original story. Why would McD hire a known cheat? Why would this person then without any direction from his boss, just tape a team's practice and try to present it to the coach? Seems a bit odd.

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 01:27 PM
how is that defending anyone?

You asked why you'd hire someone from the Pats video department, a person who was not named in the Spygate scandal.

I answered.

You're retarded. Seriously ****ing retarded.

U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, in a statement on the Senate floor dated May 14, 2008, made specific references to Scarnecchia regarding what he termed "extensive videotaping of opponents' offensive and defensive signals" by the Patriots between 2000 and 2007.

Ah dumb ass moose knuckle. Calling people retarded. Scarnecchia never named during Spygate eh? On the Mother ****** Senate floor no less. Hilarious!

RaiderH8r
11-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Christ, he's cheated his way into a 3-7 record. Stupidity on this grand of a scale can't be tolerated. Can't even cheat right. Of course he can make the case that it never gave him a competetive advantage. After watching his team play most folks would believe it.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
11-27-2010, 02:11 PM
if you kids dont stop fightin over mcdaniels im gonna have to take your tvs away

strafen
11-27-2010, 02:12 PM
He may have "declined" to watch the video - but the poor choice of hiring the guy in the middle of it to the Broncos, followed by his decision to not let the NFL know... well, it's not a huge surprise honestly. He is a young, egotistic, enthusiastic, inexperienced head coach. We hired this. No idea why.. but we did.

This is what you get when you hire the youngest-ever HC to your team. Well done Bowlen!

Of course.. you have to wonder how much truth there is to the original story. Why would McD hire a known cheat? Why would this person then without any direction from his boss, just tape a team's practice and try to present it to the coach? Seems a bit odd.Man, you couldn't be more spot on!
I have to agree. For what I gather, this guy was one of his first Mcdaniels' hires just as soon as he became the headcoach.
It appears his main priority was to hook up his buddies; Paxton, his little brother, etc...
He brought in a lot of New England staff to Denver.
McDaniels knew it was wrong. He has experienced this before, and he knows damn well what he had to do.
He was covering for his buddy the best he could, and now he's playing dumb.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 04:28 PM
U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter, in a statement on the Senate floor dated May 14, 2008, made specific references to Scarnecchia regarding what he termed "extensive videotaping of opponents' offensive and defensive signals" by the Patriots between 2000 and 2007.

Ah dumb ass moose knuckle. Calling people retarded. Scarnecchia never named during Spygate eh? On the Mother ****** Senate floor no less. Hilarious!

lol, owned again

FireFly
11-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Lot of good it did

this

GreeleyGrizzley
11-27-2010, 04:33 PM
...Josh can wear a fruit hat and batman costume if we are winning, but we are not and that's what I am worried about...

Had to do this... I call it... "McBatFruit"

Popps
11-27-2010, 04:55 PM

Really? Bucs fans might disagree.

This has nothing to do with age. It has to do with a guy who made a bad decision. This isn't Bowlen's fault. It's Josh McDaniels' fault.

Hopefully for the fans, he can clean up this mess over time.

colonelbeef
11-27-2010, 04:59 PM
Really? Bucs fans might disagree.

This has nothing to do with age. It has to do with a guy who made a bad decision. This isn't Bowlen's fault. It's Josh McDaniels' fault.

Hopefully for the fans, he can clean up this mess over time.

Agree, this is not an age issue, it's a hubris issue.

OrangenBlueOhio
11-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Had to do this... I call it... "McBatFruit"

Bravo, bravo!

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 05:13 PM
While I agree with Miss I, I do not believe 50K for the Broncos and 50K for McD is small. While the type of money flung around in the NFL is immense, a $100,000 fine is big. It tags us as the cheating NE Pats.

100K and zero draft picks as opposed to $750K and a first rounder. HUGE difference.

If that "tags us" as the cheating Pats then pretty much every guy that gets fined even $5K for a questionable hit is now equal to James Harrison.

rbackfactory80
11-27-2010, 05:26 PM
100K and zero draft picks as opposed to $750K and a first rounder. HUGE difference.

If that "tags us" as the cheating Pats then pretty much every guy that gets fined even $5K for a questionable hit is now equal to James Harrison.

That's not a good comparison. You are talking about two teams who have been caught violating NFL rules out of 32. If we are talking about hits that's several players every week. The amount of offenders is definitely an important element. Nothing questionable about turning yourself in for cheating.

Beantown Bronco
11-27-2010, 05:29 PM
That's not a good comparison. You are talking about two teams who have been caught violating NFL rules out of 32. If we are talking about hits that's several players every week. The amount of offenders is definitely an important element. Nothing questionable about turning yourself in for cheating.

I'll stand by the comparison because I'm comparing penalty amounts, not the actions that landed the penalties, because gunns' post specifically says that the penalty....not necessarily the infraction....is what would supposedly put us on par with the Pats.

crazyhorse
11-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Now we know what Haley was pissed about. And why he said "people are saying some things about you" to McD. I couldnt understand why simply running up the score warranted a statement of that nature.

But another spygate would explain such a statement if true.

Tombstone RJ
11-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Now we know what Haley was pissed about. And why he said "people are saying some things about you" to McD. I couldnt understand why simply running up the score warranted a statement of that nature.

But another spygate would explain such a statement if true.

You mean haley was in on it too? Whatever, its all speculation right now.

RaiderH8r
11-27-2010, 06:49 PM
It's like McKid has become George Costanza in that episode where he's trying to get canned so he can take the job with the Mets. Look for McKid's next adventure to be hitching the Lombardis up to his bumper and dragging them around the parking lot before taking down Elway's jersey and pissing on in the front lobby. Depending on how that goes McKid may or may not take a dump on Bowlen's desk on his way out the door. That last part is still up in the air though.

Goobzilla
11-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Tougher and smarter-ish?

RaiderH8r
11-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Tougher and smarter-ish?

Softer and stupid-er-ish?

ColoradoDarin
11-27-2010, 06:58 PM
NFL VP Jeff Pash said today that (in similar situations) "I hope clubs will conduct themselves the way the Broncos did." He also stated that the Broncos "had their moral compass pointing in the right direction" and that they "set example of how to properly handle this."

ColoradoDarin
11-27-2010, 07:05 PM
While I agree with Miss I, I do not believe 50K for the Broncos and 50K for McD is small. While the type of money flung around in the NFL is immense, a $100,000 fine is big. It tags us as the cheating NE Pats. And the really bad part is it didn't do us a damn bit of good. Is McD entering the desperation/panic stage Shanahan did?

Ok, did not know that Bowlen and McD informed the NFL before it was discovered and refused the tape. If that's true I rescind my last few sentences. I have to wonder though with that big of a fine.

That's actually a very small fine for the club/head coach. It is large compared to what we normally see for player fines (for hits, personal conduct, etc), but those are 2 different things. I mean the Broncos were fined over $950,000 twice for the not-yet-a-rule that you can't borrow money from players during the financing of the new stadium (and we lost two 3rd round picks in different drafts). To me, it looks like King Roger the 1st decided that we had to have a fine just because the NFL suffered a minor news story.

rugbythug
11-27-2010, 07:46 PM
Titans' Chuck Cecil apologizes after NFL fines him $40,000. Docked $40,000 for flashing his middle finger at officials to protest a penalty flag during Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Denver+Broncos),

tebowisdabomb
11-27-2010, 07:47 PM
Scumbag Cheaters

tebowisdabomb
11-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Titans' Chuck Cecil apologizes after NFL fines him $40,000. Docked $40,000 for flashing his middle finger at officials to protest a penalty flag during Sunday's loss to the Denver Broncos (http://content.usatoday.com/topics/topic/Organizations/Sports+Leagues/NFL/Denver+Broncos),

Who the hell is in your avatar? Is that Oblabla?

broncocalijohn
11-27-2010, 08:14 PM
First off, I hope someone broke into hat's account because he sounds like a total moron for excusing these horrible incident. Hard to back McD after this one especially if he looked @ it. As for firing him or not, bowlen losing a first rounder would save him $10 million at least. Problem solved. This is really ****edup and hat is an embarrassment.

boltaneer
11-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Has there been an explanation as to why the camera guy did this on his own?

It's probably already been hashed through here but that load of BS is pretty much impossible to swallow. That whole story/excuse makes no sense.

Garcia Bronco
11-27-2010, 09:38 PM

It's probably already been hashed through here but that load of BS is pretty much impossible to swallow. That whole story/excuse makes no sense.

It seems obvious that since they were sharing the location this guy easily had an opportunity to do this.

Lev Vyvanse
11-27-2010, 09:41 PM

It's pretty clear. The guy was a part of spygate and decided it would be a good idea film the other teams practice. He told Josh afterwards over lunch. Josh said "WTF noooooooooooo! Delete!! Delete!!" Then eight days later Ellis and Josh were eating lunch and Josh said "member that one time at London, when we tape the other team practicing." Then Ellis said "WTF noooooooooooo". Right away we called the NFL and it's all good, because we never watched it. Simple.

Archer81
11-27-2010, 09:42 PM
Hey hey, ho ho, this penis party's got to go, hey hey, ho ho...

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 09:48 PM

Yep. This is an important question. Repeat offender that might go down as the first bronco employee that is banned from the NFL. Why would he do this all on his own? Incentive? The NFL is valued in billions. With the top line revenue, Vegas odds, margin in jeopard I'm pretty thankful right friggen now that we have George Bush's cousin at GM and an owner that is very respected. And if you read the official PR statement and believe that ****, you are not smart.

footstepsfrom#27
11-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Here's the first question I want an answer for; of all the people available to do a job like video director, what would make the team hire someone who had previously been tagged by the league for this very kind of violation? Just specualating here, but might it be that if you wanted to spy, it would make sense to get someone you know has no ethics issues with doing this? Otherwise...how does this guy make it out of the first interview process?

The idea that he did this all on his own really strains credibility.

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 10:08 PM
It's pretty clear. The guy was a part of spygate and decided it would be a good idea film the other teams practice. He told Josh afterwards over lunch. Josh said "WTF noooooooooooo! Delete!! Delete!!" Then eight days later Ellis and Josh were eating lunch and Josh said "member that one time at London, when we tape the other team practicing." Then Ellis said "WTF noooooooooooo". Right away we called the NFL and it's all good, because we never watched it. Simple.

You forgot the double decker ride.

Taco John
11-27-2010, 10:10 PM
NFL VP Jeff Pash said today that (in similar situations) "I hope clubs will conduct themselves the way the Broncos did." He also stated that the Broncos "had their moral compass pointing in the right direction" and that they "set example of how to properly handle this."

Gotta hand it to Joe Ellis. From every report I've read and heard, he flipped out and went straight to the league with the info once it finally reached him.

BigPlayShay
11-27-2010, 10:25 PM
So the f-ed up part about all this is that Scarnecchia is implicated as being a part of the the Patriots videotaping incidents dating back to 2000-2007. He was with the Pats from 2001–2004, but then he is with the Jets in 2006-2007, with 2007 being the year that the Jets brought the complaint to the league about the Pats filiming. So the dude is a cheat, a whistleblower and a cheat again. How the **** did he ever get a job again. Shady.

orangemonkey
11-27-2010, 10:32 PM
So the f-ed up part about all this is that Scarnecchia is implicated as being a part of the the Patriots videotaping incidents dating back to 2000-2007. He was with the Pats from 2001–2004, but then he is with the Jets in 2006-2007, with 2007 being the year that the Jets brought the complaint to the league about the Pats filiming. So the dude is a cheat, a whistleblower and a cheat again. How the **** did he ever get a job again. Shady.

NFL cover up. But does this guy pull a Floyd Landis and go berserk on the NFL?