PDA

View Full Version : Steven Jackson uses altitude tent to prepare for Broncos

BroncoDoug
11-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 26, 2010, 11:57 AM EST
Arizona Cardinals v St. Louis Rams

Hyberbaric chambers are yesterday’s news. The cool kids now chill in “altitude tents” to recover from injuries and prepare for games in Denver.

Rams running back Steven Jackson set up a tent in a spare basement bedroom and has been using it all season, especially this week before the team’s game against the Broncos. Cornerback Ronald Bartell tried his own once and won’t again.

“I’ve tried it like twice since I’ve had it,” Bartell told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I had a bad experience in it, so I’m not getting back in it. I got stuck in there for two hours, so ever since then I haven’t got back in.”

Apparently Bartell’s zipper got stuck. (Although not quite like this.)

“It was expensive, so I wasn’t going to tear myself out of there,” Bartell said. “So I had to wait till my wife got home and she ended up getting me out.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/26/steven-jackson-uses-altitude-tent-to-prepare-for-broncos/

I wonder if this really works... and LOL at Bartell getting stuck Hilarious!Hilarious!

vancejohnson82
11-26-2010, 09:26 AM
i wonder what its like to smoke pot in that thing

Los Broncos
11-26-2010, 12:18 PM
i wonder what its like to smoke pot in that thing

I have one, want to try it?

Doggcow
11-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Steven Jackson is a stud. Too bad he's been squandered on a horrible Rams team throughout the prime of his career.

HILife
11-26-2010, 05:17 PM
We could have drafted Steven Jackson! ED REEEEEDDD!!! Wait, what was this thread about again?

Dr. Broncenstein
11-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Holy lord I can't believe anyone is dumb enough to fall asleep in such a device. The concentration of oxygen is the same at altitude as it is at sea level. It's the barometric pressure that changes. Without going into a fantastically boring respiratory physiology lecture, it suffices to say that pumping in an air mixture of low oxygen doesn't really simulate altitude. It simulates carbon monoxide / dioxide poisoning. Someone is going to die using that thing.

SouthStndJunkie
11-26-2010, 07:49 PM
In the 80s and 90s, when we were tough to beat at home, the altitude was brought up and mentioned during every game.

Now that we have been playing .500 ball at home for a while, it's not nearly as big of a talking point.

tsiguy96
11-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Holy lord I can't believe anyone is dumb enough to fall asleep in such a device. The concentration of oxygen is the same at altitude as it is at sea level. It's the barometric pressure that changes. Without going into a fantastically boring respiratory physiology lecture, it suffices to say that pumping in an air mixture of low oxygen doesn't really simulate altitude. It simulates carbon monoxide / dioxide poisoning. Someone is going to die using that thing.

like the guys who use pure oxygen on the sidelines. those effects last for all of a few seconds, whatever makes them feel better i guess.