PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis anyone?

BroncoBuff
11-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Says he'll be an "extremely hot item" on the open market this offseason:

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8518/59553445.jpg

Bronco Yoda
11-25-2010, 01:59 AM
no

OBF1
11-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Are you out of your fu cking mind??? Ofcourse you are

Mr.Meanie
11-25-2010, 02:22 AM
Don't make me slap you

UberBroncoMan
11-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Maybe if he wants to be a DC. He wasn't that bad at it in Baltimore.

That would give us the OC of the 2007 Patriots and DC of the 2000 Ravens on the same team :O!

TailgateNut
11-25-2010, 02:37 AM
We should also bring back Chris SImms.

The Joker
11-25-2010, 03:34 AM
He'll obviously have to take a DC job somewhere, no way he gets another HC shot straight away.

I'd be far from disappointed, though if McDaniels stays as I expect he will then Martindale will be keeping the DC job IMO.

ShutDownPoster
11-25-2010, 05:00 AM
Yes Marvin Lewis(insert anyone) + our sandlot DL = perpetual fail. Kind of reminds me of Ray Rhodes v2 - not b/c he's black LOL

Requiem
11-25-2010, 05:02 AM
This is almost as preposterous as the Gary Kubiak "The Solution" thread started the other day. Jesus Christ, someone pissing in the waterhole where some of you people live or what?

ShutDownPoster
11-25-2010, 05:19 AM

That would give us the OC of the 2007 Patriots and DC of the 2000 Ravens on the same team :O!

A lot of good we're in now considering his previous 'success'

go_broncos
11-25-2010, 05:40 AM
I would rather have Mcd.

backup qb
11-25-2010, 06:52 AM
No way

Jesterhole
11-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Instant upgrade to our current situation.

Ratboy
11-25-2010, 07:36 AM
I want Fisher.

NYBronco
11-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Lewis and Kubiak have established themselves as experienced coaches in the league, not much of anything else. McD is doing fine as a first time young coach in this league gaining experience, no moves are needed in Denver at HC.

strafen
11-25-2010, 07:55 AM
He'll obviously have to take a DC job somewhere, no way he gets another HC shot straight away.

I'd be far from disappointed, though if McDaniels stays as I expect he will then Martindale will be keeping the DC job IMO.Martindale would be the DC as long as Josh is the HC

strafen
11-25-2010, 07:56 AM
Lewis and Kubiak have established themselves as experienced coaches in the league, not much of anything else. McD is doing fine as a first time young coach in this league gaining experience, no moves are needed in Denver at HC.What?
Care to explain that one some more?

Pony Boy
11-25-2010, 07:57 AM
No, I would rather hire some young new guy that has no head coach experience so he can come here and dismantle our team and destroy the fan base........

BroncoBuff
11-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Guys I was just throwing it out there.

BroncoBuff
11-25-2010, 08:03 AM

Obviously.

NYBronco
11-25-2010, 08:04 AM
What?
Care to explain that one some more?

No explanation is needed it's in the unbolded portion of my statement.

Broncoman13
11-25-2010, 08:04 AM

I guess that is what I thought he was talking about (DC). I think there are going to be a lot of "pretty" names available after this season. If you're looking for a coordinator you could do a lot worse than guys like Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis, or Mike Singletary (who is likely out as well). I think there is a lot of potential out there.

My hope is that we will do something similar to what the Chefs are doing. I don't think Haley can hold McDs sack, but with their structure they will be more effective than us. It might be more frustrating for the HC, but the checks and balances are a necessary evil.

I'd bring in a GM, a Charlie Casserly type. Then get a true DC, Wade Phillips would be my top choice with his past success in the 3-4. Marvin Lewis would also be a great potential candidate... but he will likely get another shot at being a HC in the near future. Wade may be done with Head Coaching!

I would bring in a true offensive coordinator. This is the tough part, IMO. I think McCoy is a good tutor for QBs. Let him focus on the QBs full time and develop Tebow. I'm pretty frustrated that Tebow's development has been put in the hands of HS Football Coach Ben McDaniels. I realize he has to cut his teeth somewhere, but our potential franchise QB is not the starting point!

I'd be happy to keep Josh long term and as he figures things out and cuts his teeth... if we bring in a strong staff to support him. As we have success and coaches leave to "bigger and better" jobs, he can take over those duties. Right now, we're doing it backwards. McD needs some help. I like he ideas and his enthusiasm, but we've set him up for failure by not establishing a strong Front Office or Coaching Staff and allowing him to truly focus on what he does best.

ghwk
11-25-2010, 08:20 AM

You is crazy. -1

strafen
11-25-2010, 08:26 AM
No explanation is needed it's in the unbolded portion of my statement.Do you know who is doing fine as first time HC?
All the same coaches that got hired at the same time Mcdaniels did.
If talking "young" head coaches, look at Raheem Morris in TB. That's a fine job he's doing if you ever want to see what a "fine job" is like...
Rex Ryan. New HC in his second year with the Jets
Todd Haley, new HC with the Chiefs
McDaniels is not remotely close to be doing a fine job when all the talks right now are centered around his poor performance and the fact that he could get fired.

rugbythug
11-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Do you know who is doing fine as first time HC?
All the same coaches that got hired at the same time Mcdaniels did.
If talking "young" head coaches, look at Raheem Morris in TB. That's a fine job he's doing if you ever want to see what a "fine job" is like...
Rex Ryan. New HC in his second year with the Jets
Todd Haley, new HC with the Chiefs
McDaniels is not remotely close to be doing a fine job when all the talks right now are centered around his poor performance and the fact that he could get fired.

The real problem is McD did too good of Job at the start of Last year. If we had gone 4-12 last season. Then 6-10 this season he would be showing improvement. Our Team is not very good, from a player perspective.

Hogan11
11-25-2010, 09:02 AM
I want Fisher.

The only guy I'd junk McDaniels for in a heartbeat for is Jeff Fischer....although I don't think Bud Adam's manlove for Vince Charmin Young is strong enough to take him over his long term, largely successful HC.

That guy is nuts though, so there's a slim chance that he will.

As far as Lewis goes, he's demonstrated often that he cannot control the drama & circus in Cincy. For all the talk of toughness, his teams rarely displayed any to speak of. He may get some credit for taking the Bengals from a joke team to a semi-successful (I WILL NOT SAY RESPECTABLE) one, but it's hardly reflective of what he supposedly preaches. Putting a guy like this in charge of the Broncos defense as it is right now will make you long for the Wink days, bank on it.

Bigdawg26
11-25-2010, 09:07 AM
I really wanted Leslie Frazier to coach here even when before we hired McDummy. But I guess I kinda want Rob Ryan now just for kix!

Dudeskey
11-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Not no, but hell no. The Broncos are still on the hook for Shanahan til 2012. Fire McD, and suddenly uncle Pat's on the hook for 2 coaches til then. The more cost effective way to go about this is to change the management structure so the GM can make the ultimate decision on personnel. Now like a couple other posters said, if Fisher suddenly ends up out there, then all bets are off

Captain 'Dre
11-25-2010, 09:11 AM

If I were an NFL owner/GM looking to make a head coaching hire, I'd be terrified of the lack of discipline that Marvin Lewis-coached teams have had.

Kinda like putting a Clint Eastwood character in charge of your family's china shop. You just KNOW stuff's gonna get shot up.

ShutDownPoster
11-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I find it funny how people keep making these hypothetical scenarios with these coaches who had 'success' as coordinators but not as head coaches. Is Tom Brady and Randy Moss here? Is Ray Lewis in his prime here? McD had Brady and Moss in their prime in a career year. Marvin also had Ray in his prime, also with the best tackling defense ever, PUH-leez give it up yo!

Captain 'Dre
11-25-2010, 09:14 AM

I do think that defensive players would be too intimidated to make mistakes and incur Marvin's wrath...

Captain 'Dre
11-25-2010, 09:16 AM
No, I would rather hire some young new guy that has no head coach experience so he can come here and dismantle our team and destroy the fan base........

On the bright side, if that *new guy* got rid of any remaining Jay Cutlers in exchange for boatloads of draft picks, that'd be a good thing... unless he drafted more Alphonso Smiths with those picks....

Popps
11-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Marvin Lewis probably has a slightly more proven track record than Kubiak, but good lord.. talk about a retread. If we're going to go the retread route, let's at least get someone with some real success on his resume.

McDaniels will be coaching next season, anyway. Fun to speculate, but that's the real deal.

HAT
11-25-2010, 09:17 AM

Ahahahahaha....:strong:

TonyR
11-25-2010, 09:21 AM
You is crazy. -1

Yup, I'll never understand why people think retreads are better than potential up-an-comers. What the hell has Marvin Lewis accomplished in Cincinnati?

Broncoman13
11-25-2010, 09:21 AM
I find it funny how people keep making these hypothetical scenarios with these coaches who had 'success' as coordinators but not as head coaches. Is Tom Brady and Randy Moss here? Is Ray Lewis in his prime here? McD had Brady and Moss in their prime in a career year. Marvin also had Ray in his prime, also with the best tackling defense ever, PUH-leez give it up yo!

A lot of Ray Lewis' development was b/c of Marvin Lewis. Good coaches can take good players and make them great. You are seeing that on offense with McD and Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd. Both are average players in most systems, but McD is finding ways to make them very good. Conversely, Knowshon Moreno is probably a little better than the offense is allowing him to be. I also think that guys like Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, and Parrish Cox are better than the defensive system allows them to be.

Get some good coordinators and position coaches in town and we'll see players reach or exceed their potential. Development has been an issue here for quite some time. This goes back to Shanny's 2001-2008 teams. Very rarely did we develop our talent and sometimes even had players out of position, the most notable being DJ Williams playing the strongside and middle despite showing pro-bowl caliber play at the weakside his rookie year.

ShutDownPoster
11-25-2010, 09:45 AM
A lot of Ray Lewis' development was b/c of Marvin Lewis. Good coaches can take good players and make them great. You are seeing that on offense with McD and Kyle Orton and Brandon Lloyd. Both are average players in most systems, but McD is finding ways to make them very good. Conversely, Knowshon Moreno is probably a little better than the offense is allowing him to be. I also think that guys like Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, and Parrish Cox are better than the defensive system allows them to be.

Get some good coordinators and position coaches in town and we'll see players reach or exceed their potential. Development has been an issue here for quite some time. This goes back to Shanny's 2001-2008 teams. Very rarely did we develop our talent and sometimes even had players out of position, the most notable being DJ Williams playing the strongside and middle despite showing pro-bowl caliber play at the weakside his rookie year.

Dude,

I agree with you but there is no linebacker or QB here who can sniff Ray Lewis or Brady's jockstrap. Totally different stratosphere of talent we're talking about.

snowspot66
11-25-2010, 09:55 AM
The real problem is McD did too good of Job at the start of Last year. If we had gone 4-12 last season. Then 6-10 this season he would be showing improvement. Our Team is not very good, from a player perspective.

It's really not a good team and you're right. Starting 6-0 is the biggest problem. Of course we had Dumerville for that start. If we had him this year we probably would be 5-5 or so. Maybe 6-4.

This team is less than two years removed from firing approximately 2/3 of it's game day roster. That's well over 30 players and only a couple ever played another down in the NFL.

Of the players we have remaining none of them are from 2000 to 2007 except DJ, Kuper, and maybe Harris if I remember his draft year correctly. That's atrocious. In an entire decade of drafting it's a struggle to name five quality players on our team resulting from those drafts. All we had to do was average ONE player per draft and we would have had another 6 or 7 quality starters on our team. We'd have won the damn Super Bowl in 2005 if we had just a below average draft record. Instead we had probably the worst draft record in the league.

Now, that's not including the two McDaniel's drafts. It's too early to say but it looks like we have some promising players there and at the very least we'll have some quality depth out of a lot of those guys. Moreno and Ayers haven't lit up the league but Moreno seems to be a very solid back and will produce decent yardage if he ever gets blocking and Ayers seemed to be turning into a really solid player too. Hopefully that continues.

We all need to face the facts. We're not playing like sh*t because of McDaniel's. We're playing like sh*t because that's our talent level. Shanahan could hide it enough to get 8 wins because he's one of the best game day coaches of all time. Unfortunately he's also the guy responsible for the complete lack of any talent. Especially on defense.

I'll say it again. We fired around 2/3 of our game day roster and the vast majority never even played another down of NFL football. Most didn't even play in a lesser league. We've had to fill 30+ roster slots with castoffs and free agents. Can anybody name another team that got rid of that many players? The 0-16 Lions. Hell, here's the list.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/27830/update-nfl-roster-turnover-since-2009

You'll all notice it pretty much mirrors the standings.

We suck because our talent level sucks. You can't polish a turd. If McDaniels proves that he can't bring in talent then he needs to go (and no b****ing about Marshall and Cutler, he replaced that "talent, added draft picks, and got rid of the sh*tty egos, I call that a win). But I don't think he's proven he's a bad coach.

I think this next draft/Free Agency period will mark whether he's here long term or not. If we don't get some badly needed defensive players he won't be here long because nobody can win with this defense.

Merlin
11-25-2010, 10:31 AM
I rather keep McD. Despite all my concerns regarding him, there is still something there. ML...you might as well suggest one of the fired coaches from Dallas or the Vikes...they are all equally bad.

The only way I can see ML succeed is if he is given a team like Dallas after Johnson left.

theAPAOps5
11-25-2010, 10:36 AM
No thanks to that, unless he is a DC.

RhymesayersDU
11-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Bring him in for a look.

Dogsweat
11-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Chucky, Chucky, Chucky...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw&feature=related
http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/gruden_7.jpg

Tombstone RJ
11-25-2010, 10:57 AM

As defensive coordinator, sure, bring the guy in! As HC, no thanks.

Broncoman13
11-25-2010, 11:40 AM
Dude,

I agree with you but there is no linebacker or QB here who can sniff Ray Lewis or Brady's jockstrap. Totally different stratosphere of talent we're talking about.

You're talking about two HOF players that will be in all the discussions regarding best players ever at their respective positions. Ray Lewis is probably the best ever... Tom Brady, one of the three best of our generation with Manning being the clear cut best.

SouthStndJunkie
11-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Pass on Marvin Lewis....he is unable to keep his players in check.

Dudeskey
11-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Chucky, Chucky, Chucky...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACpNVD5GMUw&feature=related
http://espn.go.com/i/magazine/new/gruden_7.jpg

Yeah, a coach who enjoyed success off a team built by Tony Dungy & Rich McKay. Didn't work out so well for him after he ran out McKay & the D got old.

Taco John
11-25-2010, 12:05 PM
This is almost as preposterous as the Gary Kubiak "The Solution" thread started the other day. Jesus Christ, someone pissing in the waterhole where some of you people live or what?

It beats sticking with McDaniels. The worst solution is throwing another season away on a coach who can't coach.

broncosteven
11-25-2010, 12:08 PM
I guess that is what I thought he was talking about (DC). I think there are going to be a lot of "pretty" names available after this season. If you're looking for a coordinator you could do a lot worse than guys like Wade Phillips, Marvin Lewis, or Mike Singletary (who is likely out as well). I think there is a lot of potential out there.

My hope is that we will do something similar to what the Chefs are doing. I don't think Haley can hold McDs sack, but with their structure they will be more effective than us. It might be more frustrating for the HC, but the checks and balances are a necessary evil.

I'd bring in a GM, a Charlie Casserly type. Then get a true DC, Wade Phillips would be my top choice with his past success in the 3-4. Marvin Lewis would also be a great potential candidate... but he will likely get another shot at being a HC in the near future. Wade may be done with Head Coaching!

I would bring in a true offensive coordinator. This is the tough part, IMO. I think McCoy is a good tutor for QBs. Let him focus on the QBs full time and develop Tebow. I'm pretty frustrated that Tebow's development has been put in the hands of HS Football Coach Ben McDaniels. I realize he has to cut his teeth somewhere, but our potential franchise QB is not the starting point!

I'd be happy to keep Josh long term and as he figures things out and cuts his teeth... if we bring in a strong staff to support him. As we have success and coaches leave to "bigger and better" jobs, he can take over those duties. Right now, we're doing it backwards. McD needs some help. I like he ideas and his enthusiasm, but we've set him up for failure by not establishing a strong Front Office or Coaching Staff and allowing him to truly focus on what he does best.

I would be cool with mCd staying if they brought in a new GM, OC and DC all with previous NFL experience.

I am sure Wink and Ben are ledgends at the Ohio HS level but this is the NFL.

Having guys with experience from around the NFL would be a great learning experience for a young HC with potential.

Taco John
11-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I would be cool with mCd staying if they brought in a new GM, OC and DC all with previous NFL experience.

I am sure Wink and Ben are ledgends at the Ohio HS level but this is the NFL.

Having guys with experience from around the NFL would be a great learning experience for a young HC with potential.

Why would anyone want to come in and be an OC or a DC for a guy who pulled what he pulled on Nolan?

This coach and coaching staff is a lame duck. The only value that they have to this team right now is as a place-marker for a lock-out season.

There are probably some high school programs who are getting pretty excited about the prospects of getting a few guys with NFL experience on their resume to help their little local programs.

Mr.Meanie
11-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Why would anyone want to come in and be an OC or a DC for a guy who pulled what he pulled on Nolan?

This coach and coaching staff is a lame duck. The only value that they have to this team right now is as a place-marker for a lock-out season.

There are probably some high school programs who are getting pretty excited about the prospects of getting a few guys with NFL experience on their resume to help their little local programs.

what did he pull on Nolan?

Taco John
11-25-2010, 12:40 PM
what did he pull on Nolan?

Why do people keep playing dumb on this issue? You've been around. You should know the answer to this.

HAT
11-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Why do people keep playing dumb on this issue? You've been around. You should know the answer to this.

It's not playing dumb. It's a legitimate question.

What did he pull?

Dagmar
11-25-2010, 02:04 PM

What did he pull?

You're not going to get a ridiculously unbiased answer you know.

TDmvp
11-25-2010, 02:23 PM
NO ... to Marvin ...

It is sorta funny that about EVERY other head coach who got jobs that year that Josh took over here is doing way way better than Josh....

We should have hired Spags or Rex Ryan or basically anyone else who got a job that offseason... I remember many of us dissing Tampa's choice but it looks brilliant next to us now...

Taco John
11-25-2010, 02:34 PM

What did he pull?

It's not a legitimate question at all. Everyone who frequents this board knows the story of Josh undermining Nolan halfway through the season, and our defense subsequently falling off a cliff into the abyss of the worst losing streak in the history of the franchise.

Mr.Meanie
11-25-2010, 02:45 PM
It's not a legitimate question at all. Everyone who frequents this board knows the story of Josh undermining Nolan halfway through the season, and our defense subsequently falling off a cliff into the abyss of the worst losing streak in the history of the franchise.

Wait, what? LOL... our defensive collapse last year was all McD's fault now? Wow. First time I've heard that one.

I thought you were talking about the mutual parting of Nolan and the Broncos. I am curious to see where you're getting your knowledge of McD "undermining" Nolan last year...

go_broncos
11-25-2010, 02:54 PM
NO ... to Marvin ...

It is sorta funny that about EVERY other head coach who got jobs that year that Josh took over here is doing way way better than Josh....

We should have hired Spags or Rex Ryan or basically anyone else who got a job that offseason... I remember many of us dissing Tampa's choice but it looks brilliant next to us now...

Yep..i agree...Bowlen hired the worst among all of them.
The only thing our coach does well is to do first pump after every TD..

HAT
11-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Everyone who frequents this board knows the story of Josh undermining Nolan halfway through the season, .

Sorry, not true. I frequent this board and I don't know the story. Oh well.

Jesterhole
11-25-2010, 03:16 PM

What did he pull?

"However, the perception in the league is that Josh has some big involvement in the defense as well, which is why other coaches believe Mike Nolan is no longer with the Broncos. Nolan is a respected defensive coach, and folks with other teams believe he left because Josh wasn't going to let him run the defense as he was accustomed to doing.

McDaniels has publicly said that isn't true, but that is still the belief. Defensive line coach Wayne Nunnely and secondary coach Ed Donatell, who has been a coordinator in the league, are longtime, respected assistants in the NFL.

McDaniels works off the Belichick model, in which the head coach is hands on in most things and coordinators have less control over their weekly game plans.

Read more: Q&A: Josh McDaniels has hand in all the Broncos' plans - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_16525723#ixzz16KpvyY4u
"

Jesterhole
11-25-2010, 03:19 PM
- It should be interesting to see whether pressure on the Broncos (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/denver-broncos) to fire Josh McDaniels ramps up even further after this loss. At least from the outside looking in, there does seem to be that much momentum to the second-year coach being dismissed. He and the Broncos front office continues to take a lot of flak for the Peyton Hillis (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34972/peyton-hillis) trade in the offseason. It certainly hurts for a team that ranks last in the NFL running the ball. Brandon Lloyd's breakout year makes the Brandon Marshall (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2944/brandon-marshall) trade look almost smart, however. Still, even with the montages of star players cast off during McDaniels' brief tenure, I would say getting rid of defensive coordinator Mike Nolan remains the worst blunder the two has made. Denver's early success in 2009 was owed almost entirely to the success of the defense. Even if Denver had held onto Marshall, Hillis and others, it still wouldn't be enough to compensate for a struggling offense and make the Broncos a viable playoff team.

Broncomutt
11-25-2010, 06:42 PM

Uhh

misturanderson
11-25-2010, 06:49 PM

That's because he is pretending that the rampant speculation that goes on here is somehow fact.

Although the original speculation was actually that Nolan decided to get away from the higher percentage of blitzes that McDaniels preferred and that led to the defensive collapse and eventual split.

Both of these rumors have no definitive factual basis and are only used to suit an argument that has little anchor in reality.

Aftermath
11-25-2010, 06:51 PM
yes yes and yes

snowspot66
11-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Mediator made many posts concerning our scheme last year. He said it was what was getting us the wins and the test would come after about six weeks when it would come down to talent. He hit the nail perfectly on the head. Our undoing was us getting exposed on defense and the complete lack of talent to make up for it. Not Nolan and McDaniel's having a pissing match.

BroncoBuff
11-25-2010, 11:17 PM

Largely true, BUT: Nolan was ass-backwards in building the defense "back to front." Imo anyway.

oubronco
11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Largely true, BUT: Nolan was ass-backwards in building the defense "back to front." Imo anyway.

Yep and it's been that way for far too long it's time to invest in some young talented D-linemen

Tombstone RJ
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM

What are you talking about? Do you have some kind of inside info. on what happened between McD and Nolan?

DBroncos4life
11-26-2010, 09:24 PM

So you think Nolan signed those players? Even so all we did this year is sign old vets that really haven't panned out just like every other year. I would like to at least see us draft a bust so we can say we at least tried to draft a player on the DL.

NASurfer
11-26-2010, 09:29 PM
Bengals defensive rankings, because that is Lewis' specialty.

2003 28th pts - 28th yds
2004 21st pts - 19th yds
2005 22nd pts - 28th yds
2006 17th pts - 30th yds
2007 24th pts - 27th yds
2008 19th pts - 12th yds (4-11-1 season)
2009 6th pts - 4th yds (great defensive year)
2010 26th pts - 17th yds

Bottom half of the league in points allowed every year except one. So what does Lewis have to offer? Great organized practice schedules?

Argument can be had for McD in how his offense puts up points, but you're talking a sample size of a season and a half compared to Lewis' lengthy body of work. If McD puts up offense the way Lewis puts up defense, then yeah he's an underachieving mistake. But putting Lewis in charge is hardly a step forward for this franchise. ROFL!

DBroncos4life
11-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Bengals defensive rankings, because that is Lewis' specialty.

2003 28th pts - 28th yds
2004 21st pts - 19th yds
2005 22nd pts - 28th yds
2006 17th pts - 30th yds
2007 24th pts - 27th yds
2008 19th pts - 12th yds (4-11-1 season)
2009 6th pts - 4th yds (great defensive year)
2010 26th pts - 17th yds

Bottom half of the league in points allowed every year except one. So what does Lewis have to offer? Great organized practice schedules?

Argument can be had for McD in how his offense puts up points, but you're talking a sample size of a season and a half compared to Lewis' lengthy body of work. If McD puts up offense the way Lewis puts up defense, then yeah he's an underachieving mistake. But putting Lewis in charge is hardly a step forward for this franchise. ROFL!

What's said is some of those stats are still better then our team stats so he might be an improvement.

Popps
11-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Umm.... huh?

5-20 is better than 11-15?

Good grief. I realize facts are sparsely used in most of these arguments, but try to just mix a few in.

Popps
11-26-2010, 10:46 PM
What are you talking about? Do you have some kind of inside info. on what happened between McD and Nolan?

Hilarious!

(Don't wait up.)

TDmvp
11-27-2010, 01:29 AM
Umm.... huh?

5-20 is better than 11-15?

Good grief. I realize facts are sparsely used in most of these arguments, but try to just mix a few in.

Facts ? ... I didn't say every coach taken that year has a better RECORD than Josh

I said

And by that I ment

The Jets got Ryan , then got their QB of the future and are set .

The Bucks hired Morris , got what looks to be their Qb issue lined up as well and are looking really good.

The Rams hired Steve , also fixed their Qb issues right out of the gate and they look to be on the come and anything can happen in that divi.

While we look to be in a downward spiral and haven't addressed many of our big needs like those teams have and defiantly aren't on the rise like ANY of those are...

But no where did I mention records , I said they are doing way better ,and they are ... period ...

Now I'm just Fing with you Popps but I know what you're getting for Xmas ...
http://bp2.blogger.com/_sVfuPBgdLI0/SHPHCNI5oEI/AAAAAAAAAcs/q7fMULnmW1E/s400/reading+comprehension.jpg
:poke::poke::poke:
:tebow:

HAT
11-27-2010, 02:45 AM
Facts ? ... I didn't say every coach taken that year has a better RECORD than Josh

I said

And by that I ment

The Jets got Ryan , then got their QB of the future and are set .

The Bucks hired Morris , got what looks to be their Qb issue lined up as well and are looking really good.

The Rams hired Steve , also fixed their Qb issues right out of the gate and they look to be on the come and anything can happen in that divi.

While we look to be in a downward spiral and haven't addressed many of our big needs like those teams have and defiantly aren't on the rise like ANY of those are...

The Broncos got McD and 3 QB's of the future. ^5 Hilarious!

But seriously....What is this downward spiral you speak of?

McD's 1st 26: 11-15
Shanny's last 26: 12-14

Staus quo....Bro.

TailgateNut
11-27-2010, 04:29 AM
the broncos got mcd and 3 qb's of the future. ^5 hilarious!

But seriously....what is this downward spiral you speak of?

Mcd's 1st 26: 11-15
shanny's last 26: 12-14

staus quo....bro.

^5