PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak?

coachmastermind
11-24-2010, 04:39 PM
I heard rumors that with the whole Jeff Fisher/Vince Young spat that Fisher may be trying to leverage his way out of Tennessee to go back to Houston and coach.

Which brings even more questions... is Kubiak on the 'Hot Seat' in Houston? If they were to let him go, does that set off a chain reaction of events where Bowlen would potentially let McDaniels go, in order to bring Kubiak back to Denver?

go_broncos
11-24-2010, 04:50 PM
As i said before, It's better not to hire shanny/Bellichick assistants..
HOU has so many weapons(better than us)..Yet, they don't win many games.

I am hoping that we hire jim harbaugh if we don't want to hire either gruden/cowher.

Popps
11-24-2010, 04:56 PM
This has to be a level.

WABronco
11-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Frankly I'm hoping Shanahan gets fired so we can re-hire him.

gyldenlove
11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Isn't there some kind of rule to stop this?

PRBronco
11-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Ugghhh ><

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 05:45 PM
As i said before, It's better not to hire shanny/Bellichick assistants..
HOU has so many weapons(better than us)..Yet, they don't win many games.

I am hoping that we hire jim harbaugh if we don't want to hire either gruden/cowher.

If Bowlen fires McDaniels I hope he's got some different names than Gruden and Cowher. Getting pretty tired of hearing people wanting them as a head coach.

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 05:50 PM
If Bowlen fires McDaniels I hope he's got some different names than Gruden and Cowher. Getting pretty tired of hearing people wanting them as a head coach.
Yeah stupid us for wanting SB winning coaches to coach our team lol.

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Yeah stupid us for wanting SB winning coaches to coach our team lol.

Yeah Gruden did such an awesome job acquiring and developing talent for that Bucs team... Oh wait, that was Dungy's team.

Cowher took how many years to win one? Steelers fans wanted him gone. Couldn't win the big one even with a Dick Lebeau run defense. Then the refs handed him one and he's suddenly God's gift to coaching? Bull****.

Of the best teams in the league right now almost all run by younger/non long tenure head coaches. But let's jump in the Delorian and go get ourselves a fossil off the scrap heap. Sounds like a sure fire plan for success to me!

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah stupid us for wanting SB winning coaches to coach our team lol.I thought that was hilarious.
Gruden would be my first choice because I think he's even better prepared this time around to be a headcoach.
He's very knowledgeable and likes to teach players...

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:13 PM
I thought that was hilarious.
Gruden would be my first choice because I think he's even better prepared this time around to be a headcoach.

He took a Super Bowl winning team to follow up seasons of 7-9 and 5-11. The following 11-5 season was an abberation as the team returned to the basement with a 4-12 performance the year after. He finished up with a couple of 9-7 seasons.

He has 11 seasons as a head coach under his belt, a 57-55 record, and only three seasons with 10 or more wins. But please. Do continue telling me how great he is because he won a Super Bowl.

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I heard rumors that with the whole Jeff Fisher/Vince Young spat that Fisher may be trying to leverage his way out of Tennessee to go back to Houston and coach.

Which brings even more questions... is Kubiak on the 'Hot Seat' in Houston? If they were to let him go, does that set off a chain reaction of events where Bowlen would potentially let McDaniels go, in order to bring Kubiak back to Denver?I'm not sure he's on the hot seat just yet, but he may be feeling heat up some.

In all fairness, Kubiak took over an expasion team as his first headcoach job.
He plays in a division with Indy, Jax, and Tennessee.
To have been able to have his team above .500 in all but one season (His first season) is commendable. That's good coaching right there.

While I was researching Kubiak, I found more info on his job as a headcoach...

Gary Kubiak returned to his hometown of Houston on January 26, 2006, becoming the second head coach in the history of the Houston Texans.

Kubiak is the winningest head coach in Texans history with 31 career victories in four years, including the three best seasons in team history over the last three years. One of Kubiak’s primary goals upon arriving in Houston was to create a home field advantage at Reliant Stadium, and he has made great strides in that direction. The Texans have posted a 20-12 home record since 2006.

Kubiak guided the Texans to a 9-7 record in 2009, highlighted by a season-ending four-game win streak to capture the franchise’s first winning season. Houston narrowly missed its first-ever playoff berth, losing a tie-breaker for the final spot on the last day of the season. The 2009 Texans set franchise records for total offense, scoring offense, total defense and scoring defense. A franchise-record five players earned trips to the Pro Bowl, led by Pro Bowl MVP Matt Schaub.

The 2008 Texans matched their record from the year before, going 8-8 for a second straight year despite an 0-4 start in the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, which devastated much of Houston and southeast Texas. Houston became just the tenth team in NFL history to start a year 0-4 and finish with at or above .500. Houston was one of 11 teams to go 8-4 or better over the last 12 games; and nine of those teams were in the playoffs. The offense enjoyed its most productive season, ranking third in the NFL and setting a franchise record with 6,113 total yards.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches/gary-kubiak/948dab3c-d051-473c-824e-368984c7fa15

Bronkota
11-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I thought that was hilarious.

Gruden was the one who nick named Tebow "CONCRETE CYANIDE" . A perfect candidate to start cleaning this mess up....

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Yeah Gruden did such an awesome job acquiring and developing talent for that Bucs team... Oh wait, that was Dungy's team.

Are you serious?
How come Dungy didn't get it done there?
By the same token you could also say it was Manning and not Dungy, that got him a SB. If the Indy record after Dungy left is an indication, then I will have answered that question...

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:22 PM
Gruden was the one who nick named Tebow "CONCRETE CYANIDE" . A perfect candidate to start cleaning this mess up....Gruden would be a good coach for Tebow...

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 06:25 PM

Cowher took how many years to win one? Steelers fans wanted him gone. Couldn't win the big one even with a Dick Lebeau run defense. Then the refs handed him one and he's suddenly God's gift to coaching? Bull****.

Of the best teams in the league right now almost all run by younger/non long tenure head coaches. But let's jump in the Delorian and go get ourselves a fossil off the scrap heap. Sounds like a sure fire plan for success to me!

His F'ing Raiders built team got to the SB that year. If it wasn't for Gruden knowing everything that the Raiders would do they would have won that game. But hey what ever, keep on wanting coaches that can't bring in talent and win.

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:27 PM
His F'ing Raiders built team got to the SB that year. If it wasn't for Gruden knowing everything that the Raiders would do they would have won that game. But hey what ever, keep on wanting coaches that can't bring in talent and win.Exactly. It can be looked at in two ways.
Good point!

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 06:28 PM
He took a Super Bowl winning team to follow up seasons of 7-9 and 5-11. The following 11-5 season was an abberation as the team returned to the basement with a 4-12 performance the year after. He finished up with a couple of 9-7 seasons.

He has 11 seasons as a head coach under his belt, a 57-55 record, and only three seasons with 10 or more wins. But please. Do continue telling me how great he is because he won a Super Bowl.

Gruden has won 5 division championships. He has coached 3 teams to conference championship games.

dsmoot
11-24-2010, 06:28 PM

Don't blame people for wanting someone that has a proven winning background. The current losing streak is wearing on everyone. The tendancy is to move away from the young, unproven.

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Are you serious?
How come Dungy didn't get it done there?
By the same token you could also say it was Manning and not Dungy, that got him a SB. If the Indy record after Dungy left is an indication, then I will have answered that question...

It was Bob Sanders and the Bears offense that got them that one. I also don't buy that Dungy is this awesome coach everybody makes him out to be. He had Polian bringing in the Talent and a field OC in Peyton "Playoff Choker" Manning but that defense was always ****. Bob Sanders won that Super Bowl for them.

You want McDaniels fired because of our record. Well, Gruden's is lukewarm at best. He just happens to have one ring so he's automatically God's gift to coaching around here. I call bull****.

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Don't blame people for wanting someone that has a proven winning background. The current losing streak is wearing on everyone. The tendancy is to move away from the young, unproven.

That's just it. Gruden doesn't have a winning background.

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 06:33 PM

5 division crowns isn't a background for winning? How about Bill Cowher's 8 out of 15 years coached? You would be hard pressed to find two better coaches out there that still want to coach.

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
It was Bob Sanders and the Bears offense that got them that one. I also don't buy that Dungy is this awesome coach everybody makes him out to be. He had Polian bringing in the Talent and a field OC in Peyton "Playoff Choker" Manning but that defense was always ****. Bob Sanders won that Super Bowl for them.

You want McDaniels fired because of our record. Well, Gruden's is lukewarm at best. He just happens to have one ring so he's automatically God's gift to coaching around here. I call bull****.First of all, you're not going to find very many SB winning coaches on the unemployment line.
So, you can't understate the fact of how important it is to have a coach with that kind of credentials. If you have a chance to grab him, do it.

Gruden left a good foundation with the raiders too...

frerottenextelway
11-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Honestly, I think the best guy out there is Hayden Fox and I hope we go after him if McD gets fired. I really like the work he did for Minnesota State.

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Gruden has won 5 division championships. He has coached 3 teams to conference championship games.

Yeah, and he won two of those like this. One with a 10-6 record with Oakland and a 9-7 record with the Bucs. I'll say it again. Only three seasons in 11 with over 10 wins.

Whether you like McDaniel's or not going out and getting somebody just because they own a Super Bowl ring is retarded.

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Honestly, I think the best guy at there is Hayden Fox and I hope we go after him if McD gets fired. I really like the work he did for Minnesota State.

I don't see the Broncos Franchise, and Mr. Bowlen in particular going for a college headcoach.
We're talking years of pain ahead...
No way...

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, and he won two of those like this. One with a 10-6 record with Oakland and a 9-7 record with the Bucs. I'll say it again. Only three seasons in 11 with over 10 wins.

Whether you like McDaniel's or not going out and getting somebody just because they own a Super Bowl ring is retarded.

I don't like McDaniels and I would love to have a coach that could win a division period regardless of how many wins it ****ing takes them to do it.

dsmoot
11-24-2010, 06:40 PM

We can argue about names but he was responsible for getting the Raider team to the Superbowl that he faced with TB. That was not Callahan's team. He gave Oakland their best seasonal performances in the last 15 years. That was bringing them up from total ineptness that the other Davis selected coaches produced.

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:41 PM
5 division crowns isn't a background for winning? How about Bill Cowher's 8 out of 15 years coached? You would be hard pressed to find two better coaches out there that still want to coach.

Two were with records barely good enough for a wild card in most years. He doesn't have a record of winning. He has a record of doing just well enough to not be terrible. I'd say he had three truly successful years out of 11.

If they wanted to coach then why aren't they coaching? It's not like they haven't been available for a while now. They don't want to coach right now and maybe never again. I'd even bet Cowher doesn't want to coach again. Isn't his wife fighting cancer right now? He's not going to charging into a locker room any time soon.

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:43 PM

Whether you like McDaniel's or not going out and getting somebody just because they own a Super Bowl ring is retarded.Let me see if I get this straight...

You're saying that having a team with an 11-5 record per-se and and no play-off appareances is more important to YOU than for a team with a 9-7 record that wins play-off games and SB.

We've made SBXXXll as a wild-card, did we not?
Nobody is putting us down for winning a SB as a wild-card. I don't think...

rugbythug
11-24-2010, 06:44 PM

When the team gets better after you leave. It gives me pause. To bad dick vermiel is old.

snowspot66
11-24-2010, 06:44 PM
We can argue about names but he was responsible for getting the Raider team to the Superbowl that he faced with TB. That was not Callahan's team. He gave Oakland their best seasonal performances in the last 15 years. That was bringing them up from total ineptness that the other Davis selected coaches produced.

And then took a Super Bowl winning team and immediately produced a losing record the next year and mostly bad seasons after that. He's not some savior of the franchise. He's not a Hall of Fame coach. Cowher I can at least understand just because he did produce a lot of winning. They choked constantly but did win. But I don't think that Cowher exists anymore and hasn't since he finally got a ring.

dsmoot
11-24-2010, 06:46 PM
Two were with records barely good enough for a wild card in most years. He doesn't have a record of winning. He has a record of doing just well enough to not be terrible. I'd say he had three truly successful years out of 11.

If they wanted to coach then why aren't they coaching? It's not like they haven't been available for a while now. They don't want to coach right now and maybe never again. I'd even bet Cowher doesn't want to coach again. Isn't his wife fighting cancer right now? He's not going to charging into a locker room any time soon.

Cowher's wife died. Coaching in the NFL takes a toll on these people. Cowher needs some time to deal with his personal life before he decides to dive right back into the grinder.

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:47 PM

They may or may not want to coach again, that's true. I agree there for most part.
I also believe the right job for those guys have not come across their radar.
These guys will go for franchises that are top-notched across the board and with money to spend.
I don't think a team like the Lions or the Rams would appeal to them, though the Rams are now willing to spend some dough...

strafen
11-24-2010, 06:49 PM
And then took a Super Bowl winning team and immediately produced a losing record the next year and mostly bad seasons after that. He's not some savior of the franchise. He's not a Hall of Fame coach. Cowher I can at least understand just because he did produce a lot of winning. They choked constantly but did win. But I don't think that Cowher exists anymore and hasn't since he finally got a ring.Gruden is still relatively young. He can coach for at least another 15 years if he wanted to.
You can't close the book on the guy just yet...

dsmoot
11-24-2010, 06:50 PM
And then took a Super Bowl winning team and immediately produced a losing record the next year and mostly bad seasons after that. He's not some savior of the franchise. He's not a Hall of Fame coach. Cowher I can at least understand just because he did produce a lot of winning. They choked constantly but did win. But I don't think that Cowher exists anymore and hasn't since he finally got a ring.

I am not personally advocating Gruden, but he did have success with the Raiders bringing them to a Superbowl competitive team from a totally disgusting team that Davis had personally decimated with his mismanagement. How in the world can you judge where Cowher is, what data points are you using. Why don't you give us his teams record the last 5 years to justify your point. I am waiting.

Archer81
11-24-2010, 06:58 PM

I believe she passed away.

Cowher and Gruden...good coaches, and Gruden has a hardon for Tim Tebow, but would either want to coach again?

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 07:10 PM

I will say it again just like I will say it 1 billion times after this. I don't care what the win total is win they win the division I just want to win it. That means at least one home field playoff game.

frerottenextelway
11-24-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't see the Broncos Franchise, and Mr. Bowlen in particular going for a college headcoach.
We're talking years of pain ahead...
No way...

It's important to get the right guy in here, plus he'd probably bring in Coach Dauber, who's one of the top Special Teams coaches in the country.

Rock Chalk
11-24-2010, 07:40 PM
I just want a coach who will fix a defense from giving up 35 points a game.

OBF1
11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Monkeys and village idiots can now post on the Mane... great

kappys
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM

Which brings even more questions... is Kubiak on the 'Hot Seat' in Houston? If they were to let him go, does that set off a chain reaction of events where Bowlen would potentially let McDaniels go, in order to bring Kubiak back to Denver?

That would be a nice move for Houston IMO - Fisher can coach a defense up and their offense is pretty potent...

STBumpkin
11-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Not that I want McD fired, but if it were to happen, I'd want Marty Schottenheimer. He's proven his ability to build a team. Maybe he's had bad luck in the playoffs, but it doesn't matter until you get there. I believe that if he wasn't fired, the chargers would have a SB ring by now.

NFLBRONCO
11-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Not that I want McD fired, but if it were to happen, I'd want Marty Schottenheimer. He's proven his ability to build a team. Maybe he's had bad luck in the playoffs, but it doesn't matter until you get there. I believe that if he wasn't fired, the chargers would have a SB ring by now.

agree with this route IF Baskin is fired

Popps
11-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Monkeys and village idiots can now post on the Mane... great

Now?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWv53OJ-ydI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SWv53OJ-ydI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Rausch 2.0
11-25-2010, 08:22 AM

Ditto.

I like you just the way you are...

Dudeskey
11-25-2010, 08:27 AM

I feel the same way. Him or Fisher combined w/ an actual GM that isn't just a GM by title.

orange crusher
11-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Honestly, I think the best guy out there is Hayden Fox and I hope we go after him if McD gets fired. I really like the work he did for Minnesota State.

Eric Taylor would also be another nice choice. What he's doing with East Dillon is amazing!

colonelbeef
11-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Frankly I'm hoping Shanahan gets fired so we can re-hire him.

Not happening. They will be a playoff team by next year guaranteed