PDA

View Full Version : Coach 'Dinger is very ill

Goobzilla
11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Coach Heimerdinger is real sick guys, keep him in your thoughts.

Titans assistant Heimerdinger diagnosed with cancer

NASHVILLE (AP) Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger has been diagnosed with cancer and is expected to start chemotherapy treatment almost immediately.

Coach Jeff Fisher announced Wednesday that Heimerdinger has been very sick the past three weeks but learned the diagnosis Wednesday morning. Heimerdinger wasn't at practice.

Fisher declined to specify what type of cancer Heimerdinger has but asked for prayers for both the coach and his family.

The Titans (5-5) visit Houston (4-6) on Sunday.

Fisher says he doesn't know if Heimerdinger will be back this week or help coach Sunday's game. Fisher says quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains likely will call plays. Offensive line coach Mike Munchak will oversee the run offense.

Natedog24
11-24-2010, 02:28 PM
Yikes, hate to hear something like that :(

zdoor
11-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Wow that really sucks...

Mile High Shack
11-24-2010, 02:30 PM
yuck, cancer sucks, I think we can all agree on that

Hogan11
11-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Sorry to hear this, thoughts go out to him

Mogulseeker
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
He did well for the Broncos when he was here. I hope things turn out for the best.

Broncosfreak_56
11-24-2010, 02:49 PM
F*ck cancer.

HILife
11-24-2010, 02:56 PM
that's terrible :(

kupesdad
11-24-2010, 03:03 PM
**** cancer.

No kidding... I just had to put our family dog down on Monday because she had a basketball size tumor on her shoulder. 3 mos ago she had ACL surgery and right after surgery she developed a tumor on her right frt shoulder. We took her to the vet and they told us it was a common fatty tumor, that it would get pretty big but non-fatal. 3 weeks later it was the size of a football so we took her back. They told us that it was cancerous and she would probably go pretty fast. We started her on pain medicine with the idea that when the medicine stopped working we would do the right thing. They also told us that if they tried to cut it they would probably have to take her leg and couldn't guarantee that the lungs weren't involved. Well this weekend she wasn't responding very well to the meds so we brought her in on Monday and when we got to the Vet's she was licking his face and wagging her tail. Needless to say I felt like I was betraying her and almost stopped him but I knew it was the right thing. It sucks bad. I waited til Chris got back from SD because I knew he would be crushed. Hopefully coach Dinger will respond to the treatment plan.. Does anyone know what kind of cancer it is?

Broncosfreak_56
11-24-2010, 03:19 PM
No kidding... I just had to put our family dog down on Monday because she had a basketball size tumor on her shoulder. 3 mos ago she had ACL surgery and right after surgery she developed a tumor on her right frt shoulder. We took her to the vet and they told us it was a common fatty tumor, that it would get pretty big but non-fatal. 3 weeks later it was the size of a football so we took her back. They told us that it was cancerous and she would probably go pretty fast. We started her on pain medicine with the idea that when the medicine stopped working we would do the right thing. They also told us that if they tried to cut it they would probably have to take her leg and couldn't guarantee that the lungs weren't involved. Well this weekend she wasn't responding very well to the meds so we brought her in on Monday and when we got to the Vet's she was licking his face and wagging her tail. Needless to say I felt like I was betraying her and almost stopped him but I knew it was the right thing. It sucks bad. I waited til Chris got back from SD because I knew he would be crushed. Hopefully coach Dinger will respond to the treatment plan.. Does anyone know what kind of cancer it is?

The fact that cancer exists in the world is a crime. My Grandma recently died of brain cancer. It just makes me so angry people have to deal with it.

Anyway, hopefully 'Dinger and anyone else who has it can beat it.

Los Broncos
11-24-2010, 03:39 PM
So sorry to hear this, thoughts out to the family :(

backup qb
11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
That blows. Hope he beats it. We have a very close friend battling brain cancer. Only 30 or so when she was diagnosed.

gunns
11-24-2010, 04:45 PM

Oh wow, I'm so sorry. Been through it and it does suck bad. I know what you mean about betrayal but you're right, it was the best thing and I'm thankful we have that method to help our "family member". She's romping with my Bubba now.

My best to the Heimerdinger family and Mike in particular. May his body be strong enough to fight the cancer.

Archer81
11-24-2010, 05:11 PM
If they are giving him chemo rather than surgery then he has had it for awhile, or its in a place where surgery does more harm than good. My mother has been dealing with melanoma since 2002. Not pretty.

:Broncos:

Requiem
11-24-2010, 05:34 PM
That is too bad.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-24-2010, 05:39 PM
If they are giving him chemo rather than surgery then he has had it for awhile, or its in a place where surgery does more harm than good. My mother has been dealing with melanoma since 2002. Not pretty.

:Broncos:

This is not true. Some forms of cancer require no surgery at all and chemotherapy is curative (i.e. lymphoma). Sometimes chemo is given before surgery to decrease the size of the tumor and make resection easier (i.e. rectal cancer). It all depends on the type of cancer and the stage.

Crushaholic
11-24-2010, 10:28 PM
My best goes out to him. I hope he can make a full recovery...

SoCalBronco
11-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Very bad news. I hope for the best for Coach Heimerdinger.

UberBroncoMan
11-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Cancer ****ing SUCKS!

Dudeskey
11-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I hope he caught it early enough to have a chance. All the best to him & his family

ShutDownPoster
11-25-2010, 08:15 AM
All my best to Dinger. My mom died of cancer and her bday is the 26th. This time of year always gets me down....