PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Rest of the season...

Popps
11-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Which do you prefer?

oubronco
11-23-2010, 06:51 PM
I personally don't care if McD stays or goes but just fix this clusterfuuk shyt

Dr. Broncenstein
11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Cake or death. Make a choice.

HAT
11-23-2010, 06:53 PM
I know at least one poster who will be voting for option 2. LOL

Jason in LA
11-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Even when there is no hope, still root for the win!

strafen
11-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Wow, I liove the choices. Designed to ensue a sure witch hunt Ha!

I guess it's a 50-50 proposition, no?
It will be one or the other! ;)

Popps
11-23-2010, 06:55 PM

Hilarious!

Hey, it's just a question.

If you were married to a serial killer... you probably wouldn't care if the holidays went well. You'd just want out, right?

Popps
11-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Baja is taking a break so someone has to do this....

frerottenextelway
11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
It would be nice to win 2 games in a row at some point.

STBumpkin
11-23-2010, 06:59 PM

I choose death...uh..I mean cake...damn!

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Winning and progress would be nice. Drafting high is overrated.

Could we start by getting better on ST's so we are victimized by fake punts? That would be progress over the last 2 years.

Then find someone who can play DT, DE, CB, FS, and SS?

Oh and stay with the run game longer to help our weak D and help the O keep it's composure longer in games? Why take Knowshon out of the game when he is getting 8-9 yards a pop then when he reverts to the 2-3 yard carries stay with him until he gets going again.

Stop going 7 steps deep against good pass rushing teams, we looked like duh bears last night.

Stay with the fundamentals they worked on in TC and not panic and draw up hybrid 4-3 schemes because of personel, let the subs play what they practiced in TC.

Minimize the penalties and mistakes (i.e. C-buck drops).

We haven't seen any consistent progress anywhere since the 6-0 run, it has all been downhill but I am a downer right?

You tell us what they can build on.

tnedator
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Which do you prefer?

Not a good poll.

We need to evaluate talent and get young guys experience. It isn't about high draft choices or running the HC out of town. Granted, if we still had Hillis the wins would come easier, but since we don't, let's see where we have future players and where we have holes that need to be filled in the draft or FA.

Dr. Broncenstein
11-23-2010, 07:02 PM
I choose death...uh..I mean cake...damn!

Well we are all OUT of cake. We only had so much and weren't expecting such a rush.

Popps
11-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Not a good poll.

We need to evaluate talent and get young guys experience. It isn't about high draft choices or running the HC out of town. Granted, if we still had Hillis the wins would come easier, but since we don't, let's see where we have future players and where we have holes that need to be filled in the draft or FA.

****!!!

I forgot the Hillis option.

Bad poll indeed.

Popps
11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
We haven't seen any consistent progress anywhere since the 6-0 run, it has all been downhill but I am a downer right?

You tell us what they can build on.

All down-hill, no. A lot of downhill? Yes.

Are you a downer? Duh.

What can we build on? Sounds like a good thread idea.

Go start it. That would be interesting.

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 07:07 PM
All down-hill, no. A lot of downhill? Yes.

Are you a downer? Duh.

What can we build on? Sounds like a good thread idea.

Go start it. That would be interesting.

You can't find find anything that has gotten consistently better since the regime change either can you?

ColoradoDarin
11-23-2010, 07:08 PM
You play to win the game. HELLO! You play to win the game!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Popps
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM
You can't find find anything that has gotten consistently better since the regime change either can you?

Did a thread about that already, too. Look it up. We did a departmental look at the team now, and during the regime change. Seems that most people wouldn't go backwards if given the opportunity.

frerottenextelway
11-23-2010, 07:14 PM
I would like to see Tim Tebow at least catch Michael Spurlock in pass attempts this year.

Champagne Powder
11-23-2010, 07:18 PM
**** your stupid poll and **** you popps!

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Did a thread about that already, too. Look it up. We did a departmental look at the team now, and during the regime change. Seems that most people wouldn't go backwards if given the opportunity.

Can you provide a link, I would be interested in that, I looked through your posts but it was hard to sort through all the Fan Policing content.

Popps
11-23-2010, 07:25 PM
**** your stupid poll and **** you popps!

Did you vote yet?

Popps
11-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Can you provide a link, I would be interested in that, I looked through your posts but it was hard to sort through all the Fan Policing content.

Poor guy. Life is rough on you, huh? Dish it out well... but don't like it coming back to you, I guess.

Try the search function. It's a good thread. People weighed in with some good opinions. It wasn't just nagging and crying, so you may not be into it, though.

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Poor guy. Life is rough on you, huh? Dish it out well... but don't like it coming back to you, I guess.

Try the search function. It's a good thread. People weighed in with some good opinions. It wasn't just nagging and crying, so you may not be into it, though.

I went through your posts up until the game, what's a good keyword? I am looking for your insight I know where others stand.

Popps
11-23-2010, 07:36 PM
I went through your posts up until the game, what's a good keyword? I am looking for your insight I know where others stand.

I don't remember. Search by threads. It's there.

You're right about one thing, though... you don't know where I stand. If you think I'm blindly supporting this current admin, you're very wrong. I'm simply more patient than most people.

Same thing happened with Shanahan. I defended him for Y E A R S around here as people bashed away. Then, finally... I thought it was the right time to make the move. Coincidentally... the time I felt was the right time... happened to be just before we actually made the move.

Rohirrim
11-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Play to win.

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 07:48 PM

You're right about one thing, though... you don't know where I stand. If you think I'm blindly supporting this current admin, you're very wrong. I'm simply more patient than most people.

Same thing happened with Shanahan. I defended him for Y E A R S around here as people bashed away. Then, finally... I thought it was the right time to make the move. Coincidentally... the time I felt was the right time... happened to be just before we actually made the move.

I think I got what I was looking for in "The Solution" thread.

I wish I could feel Doom and Ayers would have helped stop Tolbert last night but I think some more DL that can take on more blockers at the POA would help a lot more.

Popps
11-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I think I got what I was looking for in "The Solution" thread.

I wish I could feel Doom and Ayers would have helped stop Tolbert last night but I think some more DL that can take on more blockers at the POA would help a lot more.

Did Tolbert even rush for 100 yards?

He didn't kill us so much as Rivers did. That is, when we weren't killing ourselves.

But, I'm all on-board with more DL talent. I liked the efforts we made this off-season, but it's been disappointing thus far.

Then again, having two guys like Ayers/Doom crashing down from the outside presents another challenge to deal with for opposing offenses. In other words... they may well make our interior line better to some degree.

To me, we have to go NT or DT with our #1 pick. Seems obvious.

colonelbeef
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM

lol

gunns
11-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I'll never root for the Broncos to lose. It's too enjoyable when they win. I think our draft pick will be high enough regardless.

colonelbeef
11-23-2010, 08:14 PM

Gosh, I remember that time Shanahan's Broncos went 5-15 over a 20 game stretch... tough times

Oh wait, this is an unprecedented atrocity and therefore is totally incomparable to anything perpetuated in Denver since the early 70's at best, I forgot.

Stop comparing a HOF coach to McDaniels, it demeans us all

colonelbeef
11-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Here, let me make a Poops style poll:

[ ] I hope that this team improves, and improving obviously means changes, so I advocate any changes necessary in order to make the team better

[ ] I am not a real fan, and choose to support individuals instead of the team. Therefore keeping McDaniels is more important to me than winning football games.

gunns
11-23-2010, 08:21 PM

He didn't kill us so much as Rivers did. That is, when we weren't killing ourselves.

But, I'm all on-board with more DL talent. I liked the efforts we made this off-season, but it's been disappointing thus far.

Then again, having two guys like Ayers/Doom crashing down from the outside presents another challenge to deal with for opposing offenses. In other words... they may well make our interior line better to some degree.

Yes he gained 155 yds total, 111 rushing and a TD. Of course Rivers hurt us more, we knew he would. But a RB with those stats did his fair share helping out with that hurt. While I agree that Ayers and Doom would make a difference, the Broncos lack in almost every other area of the D, they probably wouldn't have cured what ails our D. For once, we HAVE to get a quality DL.

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM

Tolbert had 111 yards on 25 carries for 4.4 ypc. He shortend the game in the 2nd half which was the final straw but the damage had been done by the half.

Vs KFC mCd stated that they wanted to take away the edges and attack the outside and they were able to execute it with the current talent they have.

SD was a different plan which is understandable but other than the Bannan stunt and a Nate Jones CB blitz where both came free there was little Qb pressure and poor down field coverage and tackling.

Vickerson who had a good game vs KFC lost his composure after being pushed around. We need a top NT prospect and another DE for the rotation to go with the Safety help.

Popps
11-23-2010, 08:37 PM
Yes he gained 155 yds total, 111 rushing and a TD. Of course Rivers hurt us more, we knew he would. But a RB with those stats did his fair share helping out with that hurt. While I agree that Ayers and Doom would make a difference, the Broncos lack in almost every other area of the D, they probably wouldn't have cured what ails our D. For once, we HAVE to get a quality DL.

It would have been interesting to see the front 7 healthy, and on the field this year.

We'll obviously have to continue making moves there until we improve.

I'm hoping for an impact ILB and more DL help this off-season, via draft OR FA.

Popps
11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
I'll never root for the Broncos to lose. It's too enjoyable when they win. I think our draft pick will be high enough regardless.

I like drafting in the 15 range. Good value, smaller contract and the ability to move around a little if need be.

Should be a good DL draft this year.

broncosteven
11-23-2010, 08:38 PM
Popp's

Not only were we without Ayers and Doom but SD was missing Gates, Mathews, Jackson and their other BU TE. At one point they had 1 TE active and they were still pounding the ball.

If both teams are 100%, SD would still have the talent advantage, what makes this blowout tough to handle is that they did it with backups at 3 skill positions on O.

Steve Prefontaine
11-23-2010, 08:47 PM

well, we just found the person responsible for this mess!

Pony Boy
11-23-2010, 08:56 PM

You can't stay there forever.....Popps

Broncos_OTM
11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
I have given MCD his two years i said i would. His vision is good his ability to make it happen. not so good. One of the problemss of getting rid of MCD though is his Tebow.

I am no troll. But i no longer have faith in MCD.

Popps
11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
You can't stay there forever.....Popps

Wait, so.. if I don't hate the current admin... or embrace them without condition... that's being on the fence?

What about just giving a staff a reasonable chance?

I was patient with Shanny, so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised I'll be patient with McD.

That said, we all have limits. I just don't change mine every weekend.

Popps
11-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Popp's

Not only were we without Ayers and Doom but SD was missing Gates, Mathews, Jackson and their other BU TE. At one point they had 1 TE active and they were still pounding the ball.

If both teams are 100%, SD would still have the talent advantage, what makes this blowout tough to handle is that they did it with backups at 3 skill positions on O.

I agree SD has a better base of talent. They've drafted well for a long time, and struck gold with an elite QB.

orangemonkey
11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Head unicorn herder starting a precious poll and lashing out because the volatile majority thinks it's ridiculous. Big surprise.

NFLBRONCO
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM
I think you should pick option 1 but, the present shape of team I picked option 2. I'm kind of curious what would happen in we pick in the top 5. If that would force Al Davis jr to fire Baskin. If he does fire Baskin would it be a similar type hire or a big name guy.

gyldenlove
11-23-2010, 09:23 PM

The cake is a lie.

Pony Boy
11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Wait, so.. if I don't hate the current admin... or embrace them without condition... that's being on the fence?

What about just giving a staff a reasonable chance?

I was patient with Shanny, so I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised I'll be patient with McD.

That said, we all have limits. I just don't change mine every weekend.

See, that's what's hard for me, it's not just black and white.... I don't hate McDaniels as a mater of fact I like the guy, but I have finally lost all faith in his ability to coach this team. I don't hate Orton but he's not going to take us to any championships. It's time to scrap this season and bring in Tebow and some of the young receivers. I would love to see a Tebow Bradford showdown this weekend, it might be a glimpse of the future for both teams.

Popps
11-23-2010, 10:42 PM
See, that's what's hard for me, it's not just black and white.... I don't hate McDaniels as a mater of fact I like the guy, but I have finally lost all faith in his ability to coach this team. I don't hate Orton but he's not going to take us to any championships. It's time to scrap this season and bring in Tebow and some of the young receivers. I would love to see a Tebow Bradford showdown this weekend, it might be a glimpse of the future for both teams.

I disagree.

I think McDaniels will eventually be a winning coach. But, I'm not willing to wait forever. I am willing to wait longer than 1.5 seasons, though... even if that requires some tough losses.

I also think Orton is the best option for us to win now, and going forward. I love Tebow, and if he comes in and proves that notion wrong... great!

But, you don't bench the better QB just to see if another guy might be able to play, imo. Orton has not hit his peak, and he won't until he gets proper help around him.

Then again, QB is the least of our problems, so it's not really worth discussing much.

scttgrd
11-23-2010, 11:30 PM
I disagree.

I think McDaniels will eventually be a winning coach. But, I'm not willing to wait forever. I am willing to wait longer than 1.5 seasons, though... even if that requires some tough losses.

I also think Orton is the best option for us to win now, and going forward. I love Tebow, and if he comes in and proves that notion wrong... great!

But, you don't bench the better QB just to see if another guy might be able to play, imo. Orton has not hit his peak, and he won't until he gets proper help around him.

Then again, QB is the least of our problems, so it's not really worth discussing much.

Last year when there was actually a pass rush they finished badly. Having those players back would help, but do you think it would make as big of a difference as as you hope? This is a bad team, and what's worse is they are old with no young guys behind them to go to.

Requiem
11-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Last year when there was actually a pass rush they finished badly. Having those players back would help, but do you think it would make as big of a difference as as you hope? This is a bad team, and what's worse is they are old with no young guys behind them to go to.

The defense did wonderful last year. The offense wasn't able to convert on third downs or score with the ball.

Our offense has struggled this year and the defense has regressed, which is probably due to a variety of factors: injuries, age and an incompetent defensive coordinator.

Would you have preferred that we not address our poor offense and ended up taking mediocre players with low grades on the defensive line? Just curious. What defensive lineman from this past years draft who are playing as rookies now would be upgrades over who we have now?

I'm all ears.

That One Guy
11-24-2010, 08:44 AM
I go back and forth on whether McD should be fired. I love what he's done with Orton and think that's almost irreplaceable but I hated seeing the team quit the other day. Quitting against SD is beyond my comprehension and it really took a lot of fire out of me for Denver right now. To be honest, I'm only on here out of habit probably, as I stop in to see what's being discussed but don't really care about who Denver is playing the rest of the season.

So, for me, wins don't matter anymore and I don't really want McD fired. I just want this season to be over with and I want the Broncos to learn to play with dignity. If the Broncos get the ball back down 3 scores with 2 mins left, I want 4 hail marys for TDs if that's the only possible way to get back in the game. .000001% chance of success is better than 0% chance.

jhns
11-24-2010, 09:07 AM
LOL @ popps.

"I was never wrong! I know I trolled everyone that didn't agree with the current regime but that doesn't make me wrong! You can clearly see that I was too much of a bitch to give my real opinions, as I clearly look like a dumbass whenever I do! It wasn't siding with the regime when I constantly talk **** to whoever doesn't like what they are doing though!"

Silly dumbass. It is pretty funny that he can't figure out why so many have called him out and laugh at him. I am seeing this in a few threads. It happens when everything you say turns out to be completely wrong as you act like a childish bitch to everyone.

vancejohnson82
11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
LOL @ popps.

"I was never wrong! I know I trolled everyone that didn't agree with the current regime but that doesn't make me wrong! You can clearly see that I was too much of a b**** to give my real opinions, as I clearly look like a dumbass whenever I do! It wasn't siding with the regime when I constantly talk **** to whoever doesn't like what they are doing though!"

Silly dumbass. It is pretty funny that he can't figure out why so many have called him out and laugh at him. I am seeing this in a few threads. It happens when everything you say turns out to be completely wrong as you act like a childish b**** to everyone.

good football/Broncos opinion

Bronco Rob
11-24-2010, 09:13 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNjcuZ-LiSY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNjcuZ-LiSY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

^5

Popps
11-24-2010, 09:14 AM
The defense did wonderful last year. The offense wasn't able to convert on third downs or score with the ball.

Our offense has struggled this year and the defense has regressed, which is probably due to a variety of factors: injuries, age and an incompetent defensive coordinator.

Would you have preferred that we not address our poor offense and ended up taking mediocre players with low grades on the defensive line? Just curious. What defensive lineman from this past years draft who are playing as rookies now would be upgrades over who we have now?

I'm all ears.

People are under the assumption that we can fix everything that ails us in a single off-season. Of course, no one has offered up a plan on how we would have done that and even if they did, it would look similar to a mock draft done AFTER the draft was over.

We need(ed) help on the O-Line and we went out and drafted some. We needed help on the D-line... and we went out and signed a few guys.
I actually think that even with the struggles... our DL is probably slightly better than last season. We've had huge problems at OLB due to injury, and I'm not all that sold on Haggan, in general. I also think DJ is an up and down player who absolutely needs solid players around him.

Personally, I think this season would have gone differently if Doom, Ayers and Clady stay healthy. But, we'll never really know. The good news is, they'll all be back next season, along with (hopefully) some more talent we've acquired via the draft and FA.

I think we're getting closer from a talent perspective. My questions revolve more around our game-planning and team leadership. So, I DO take coaching to task for a lot of that. However, it's a young staff... and they simply may need time to grow into this.

jhns
11-24-2010, 09:19 AM
good football/Broncos opinion

Thanks. You want a real football opinion on the troll thread?

I am going to wait and see so no one can say I was ever wrong. Oh, and your opinion is dumb.

Jetmeck
11-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Minimize the penalties and mistakes (i.e. C-buck drops).

There it is right there. The mistakes and penalties have gotten worse or at least stastic. No progress or improvement whatsoever.

IF HE WAS ANY KIND OF A COACH THESE TWO THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED......................ANOTHER POINT......THIS GUY IS A PISS POOR MOTIVATOR........................STUBBORN, BULL HEADED AND HIS MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY HAVE MADE THINGS WORSE.

HE SHOULD BE LONG GONE FROM HERE. Cowboys and Vikings have cut their losses, why cant we ???

Jetmeck
11-24-2010, 09:31 AM
From now on I suggest Bowlen insert a performance clause in his coaches contracts..............